Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.30802258 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So I've been working furiously on my Wenchkins (small scale wargame about groups of pic related fighting other groups of pic related) mod for some reason, and I think it's updated to the point that it deserves a new thread.

-chariots are now a thing
-added the fatality table
-commanders now have to be in good condition to inspire confidence
-commanders now have to be within 12" of a model to inspire confidence
-a bunch of small fiddly wording changes that don't effect much mechanically

Chariots are kind of counterintuitive, because they're slower than regular units on account of being pulled by a single girl instead of a team of horses, but aside from that they do the stuff you expect from fictional chariots (run people over, spin out of control and crash into things, sideswipe things, get hijacked).

The fatality table is essentially "sometimes a random event occurs when a model dies."

Anyway, I'm going to post all of the .pdfs. If you feel the need to shove some models around and see what happens, the quickest way to get started is to download the solo rules, read them, and then plug in the Last Stand scenario.

>> No.30802280

Base rules for two player mode, version 0.2.1.

>> No.30802300

Base rules for one player mode.

>> No.30802346

Solo scenario. Basically, a fairly standard dungeon crawl with stealth elements. Go in, survive randomly generated bad things, acquire loot, escape.

>> No.30802369

Relevant file for the gem scenario posted above. The number of relevant files for this scenario is actually the reason I suggest you start with the other scenario -- it has a lot less shit to deal with.

>> No.30802410

Second terrain tile.

>> No.30802458

Terrain tile number three.

>> No.30802518

Final terrain tile.

>> No.30802555

Layout tile for maximum obviousness.

>> No.30802585

Solo scenario number two, loosely based on the bit in Conan where Conan and Subotai defend fake stonehenge/the princess from Thulsa Doom's minibosses using traps.

>> No.30802620

And here's the only file related to Last Stand.

>> No.30805118

Another relevant file.So, given the fact that I lack any additional content to bump with, I decided to do a battle report. Since I am one person, I did oneplayermode, and I went with the Last Stand scenario for reasons of easyness. For anyone who didn't read the scenario intro, Red Sonja and Valeria rescued Princess Aurora after she was kidnapped, and her kidnappers sent some grunts (I named them using 60s playboy playmates, starting with the ones Wenchkins Original gives models for, and using wikipedia to fill out the rest) out to re-kidnap her.

Anyway, the battle started like pic related. Our previously mentioned named heroes are bravely turtling in the middle. At the top left is Cynthia Myers, executioner (hero type with a raised chance to inflict injury should she score a hit). At the top right are Hedy Scott and Stella Stevens, henchwenches (generic grunts). At the bottom right are Michelle Angelo, witch (hero type who, in this scenario, has a breath weapon), and Maria McBane, slavekin (low quality grunt). Finally, in the bottom left are Teri Martine, commander (hero type that makes nearby models less likely to run away), and Sue Hamilton, slavekin.

The terrain bits marked A are traps, hidden from view (represented by the gray shadow) until an enemy trips over one. The ones marked B are just generic walls, though the spiky side is predictably bad to run into.

>not typing things out in advance
I would normally do this but the thread is low in the catalog and I need to save it.

>> No.30805251

>>30805118
The bad team gets the first turn. The random movement generator makes their units wobble around a bit but still move in the general direction of my units. All three traps are sprung immediately, with (most notably, since she was the biggest threat) Executioner Cynthia Myers going down, as well as Henchwench Stella Stevens and Slavekin Maria McBane. Now that the traps are revealed, the enemies will avoid them -- though they can still be physically shoved back into them for predictable results.

>> No.30805313

Now it's my turn. Since turtling is boring, I decided to rush a corner; I picked the one with Commander Teri Martine because I felt she had the potential to be the most annoying and I wanted her removed as quickly as possible. The Princess got sandwiched between Sonja and Valeria to protect her, since it's game over for me if she goes down.

>> No.30805446

>>30805313
The enemy turn went roughly as expected, with Sonja taking two charges and the other forces advancing behind the good guys. The exchange of hits in that melee leaves Commander Teri Martine fleeing (represented by the yellow triangle; Maptool, if nothing else, has a million fucking options), with everyone else unaffected. Also, Michelle Angelo the Witch breathes fire on Valeria, to no effect.

>> No.30805538

>>30805446
I decide to go on the offensive with Valeria for three reasons; turtling is boring, if I don't tie the witch up somehow she's quite likely to end up in a position where she could breathe fire on every single unit I control simultaneously, and if I take the right position the witch could potentially be forced back onto the trap. Unfortunately, Valeria wasn't up to the task, and she ended the combat stunned (notated by pink triangle). At the other front, Sonja stunned Slavekin Sue Hamilton.

>> No.30805631

>>30805538
The enemy round begins with a reasonably Rube Goldbergian string of events. Sue Hamilton, stunned, randomly moves back into Sonja, giving Sonja a free attack that bisects her vertically. I opt not to use the free movement, even though it would have been thematic with the whole Rube Goldberg thing.

On the other front, the tenacious Witch Michelle Angelo is unsuccessful at damaging Valeria, who is unable to counterattack due to being stunned.

In case you're wondering, Henchwench Hedy Scott from the upper right is taking such a long time to show up because the random part of her movement keeps taking her in the wrong direction. This doesn't usually happen.

>> No.30805702

>>30805631
Valeria's random movement from her stun takes her in essentially the worst direction aside from running her onto Witch Michelle Angelo's attacks. Now, she isn't in the way, and there's a reasonable chance that the witch might breathe fire on the Princess and end my game instantly. I reposition the Princess for safety as much as I can.

Sonja chases Commander Teri Martine, but doesn't damage her. Whatever, as long as she keeps running away she can't inspire bravery in anyone.

>> No.30805909

>>30805702
On the enemy turn, Commander Teri Martine runs away a bit further before turning around to fight again.

On the other front, Michelle Angelo the Witch moves up to attack Valeria in her new position, while Hedy Scott the Henchwench moves down for the flank. Since flanks result in essentially guaranteed hits, I resigned myself to losing Valeria.

Then Hedy Scott fell a fraction of an inch short of melee range, and Michelle Angelo the Witch breathed fire on both her and Valeria, leaving Valeria unharmed but removing Hedy Scott from the fight. I spent about ten minutes looking for a rule that stated whether automated Witches avoid burning their teammates to death, found nothing, shrugged, and continued.

>> No.30805983

>>30805909
Barring catastrophes, I'm essentially on cleanup duty here. Sonja sent Commander Teri Martine fleeing, and Valeria managed to take down Michelle Angelo the Witch. I think I moved the Princess a bit towards the middle in anticipation of one of my units losing and my second unit having to rush to aid the Princess, but since neither lost, it was a moot point.

>> No.30806064

>>30805983
With the enemies mainly gone, their turn was quick to resolve. Commander Teri Martine ran away, then rallied, but as she's out of space to further run away, she'll have a lot more difficulty surviving future fights.

I recall my plan to take her out first, look at the pile of other bodies lying around, and sigh.

>> No.30806127

>>30806064
On my turn, I run the Princess in the safe direction and advance with my two fighter types. Sonja and Commander Teri both fail to affect each other.

>> No.30806316

>>30806127
I don't bother taking a screenshot of the enemy turn as literally nothing changes -- the enemy has one unit and she's completely stuck. Sonja and Commander Teri continue to either display remarkable incompetence in the field of hitting or remarkable competence in the field of dodging.

On my turn Valeria moves up and Sonja stuns Commander Teri.

On the enemy turn, Commander Teri stumbles into the table edge (no need to screenshot, since nothing moved) and regains her senses just in time to be taken down by Sonja. Victory to Team: Good.

Overall I was fairly disappointed by Team: Evil's bad luck early on losing such a large fraction of their force to traps, as well as the overall irrelevance of the spike walls, but the friendly fire breath incident and Sue Hamilton's decision to cut herself in half on Sonja's sword made up for it a bit.

>> No.30806523

There is at least one interested lurker OP. I'll dl this when it shows up in a PDF thread.

>> No.30807089

>>30806523
At first I was like "but the thread is full of pdfs" but then I realized that by "when it shows up in a PDF thread" you meant "when it's done."

Considering that early chariot tests resulted in the puller spontaneously detaching from the chariot and running full speed away from it and infinite crash loops I suppose that's fair. Also, thanks for making the thread less sad.

>> No.30809932

...and I'm out of updates.

>> No.30812848

I'm going to bedbump this because making a billion image posts took forever and I want maximum returns for that time I spent.

>> No.30813046

Were I not using a borrowed laptop, I would have DLed the fuck out of this.

>> No.30813369

Poke for awesomeness.

>> No.30813498

I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I'm bumping this to keep it alive so other people can talk about it and tell me what's going on

>> No.30814695

>>30802258
very interested, let's keep this alive till I get home this evening, already downloaded the bunch but not yet time to look at it intently

>> No.30816219

>>30802258

I'm actually a little surprised by the Wench theme. Like, this is genuinely a nice game, but I don't get how the wenches tie into it.

>> No.30816379

>>30816219
Just for fun, I should think
I mean, why SHOULDN'T wenches do things. /tg/ mad Braindead Barbarian Bimbos a game, why not this?

>> No.30816399

>>30816379
>made
Fuck this goddamn shitty keyboard

>> No.30816410

At first I read that as
>So I've been wanking furiously on my Wenchkids
...I may have been on 4chan for too long

>> No.30817287

>>30813046
Use the magic of self-e-mails.

>>30813498
>>30814695
Thank you.

>>30816219
Comedy. Also, >>30816379

>>30816410
I promise that this is not the case.

I dunno what happened overnight but thanks for the posts. I'm gonna go be a functional member of society now but I'll set the thread to autoupdate and I'll at least read anything anyone says.

>> No.30820709

>come back
>no posts
>thread still exists
I don't get it.

I'll contentpost later.

>> No.30820927

>>30820709
Had nothing usefull to offer you so I did not post. rules seem simple enough though

>> No.30821040

>>30820927
Thanks. Did you think there was anything that could be safely edited out or simplified? I'm worried about my walls of text more than anything.

>> No.30821146

>>30821040
sadly English is my second language, so I can't advice you on it.

On the other hand, I have just a few things to finish up here and after that I might dig up my old warhammer stuff and do a testrun of Wenchkin

>> No.30821268

>>30821146
Cool. I'll f5 periodically; let me know if you need any emergency official errata.

>> No.30822328

>>30821268
Quick question:
With the quality Challenge (AKA combat) it is possible to end up with a tie. Currently I'm counting an equal result as a win for the defender.

Anny official word on that?

>> No.30822398

>>30822328
Your way was how I've been interpreting it -- defender wins ties. If I haven't specifically written that into the rules, I probably should.

>> No.30822526

>>30822398
I couldn't find it.
Next question: Archers firing into melee is banned I assume?

(btw single player rules really only work in a scenario or if the randomized force get's more models and GP allowance. Randomized movement hurts their performance)

>> No.30822680

>>30822526
>I couldn't find it.
I've put it into shit_to_fix.txt, thanks you.

>Next question: Archers firing into melee is banned I assume?
You know, I hadn't really thought about this. They aren't specifically banned from using melee attacks, so presumably they're allowed to hit back. If you're talking about firing bows at an enemy that's engaged with an ally, nothing specifically says you can't do it. Should I make a rule against it?

>single player rules really only work in a scenario
This is sort of intentional. The AI is going to suck no matter what I do, so it really needs extra models to be threatening.

>Randomized movement hurts their performance
The goal behind randomized movement was to prevent situations where you can trick enemies into moving into specific positions with a 100% success rate. It does seem like a big handicap when the enemies randomly move in the wrong direction and spend their normal movement moving back to their original position, but I think it's worth it to get rid of auto-flank/auto-pin.

>> No.30822767

>>30822680

>You know, I hadn't really thought about this. They aren't specifically banned from using melee attacks, so presumably they're allowed to hit back. If you're talking about firing bows at an enemy that's engaged with an ally, nothing specifically says you can't do it. Should I make a rule against it?

I'd rule against it, well placed archers can dominate an area,despite their extremely low rate of hitting (against heroes and henchwomen at least)

>The goal behind randomized movement was to prevent situations where you can trick enemies into moving into specific positions with a 100% success rate. It does seem like a big handicap when the enemies randomly move in the wrong direction and spend their normal movement moving back to their original position, but I think it's worth it to get rid of auto-flank/auto-pin.

It worked, and sometimes randomized movement gives way to potential fluff. I had a group of randomized henchwomen scatter behind terrain thanks to the randomizer after archers took one out.

Overall opinion: I had fun and the fatality table adds an extra dimension of fun with it's effects.

>> No.30823121

>>30822767
>I'd rule against it,
Into shit_to_fix.txt it goes.

>randomized movement gives way to potential fluff.
>the fatality table adds an extra dimension of fun
It's definitely a forging a narrative type of game (in the real way, not in the tyranids are unplayable way).

>I had fun
Thanks for taking the time to do it.

>> No.30823433

>>30802258
>on account of being pulled by a single girl instead of a team of horses

[boner intensifies]

>> No.30823504

>>30823433
I tried multi-girl pulling teams and it was a clusterfuck. There were so many fucking ways for the components of the chariot to crash into themselves and blow up that I eventually threw up my hands and made the (comparatively short, but still incredibly long) rules as posted.

>> No.30825372

Just screwed around in maptool getting beat up by AIs. Determined that the rules on whether a model could attack on the turn she collects a head trophy are kinda unclear. Also, someone died to a trap, which reminded me that multiple fatality tables are necessary unless we want people getting decapitated by arrows. Still, losing so consistently was pretty depressing. Guess I don't need to raise the difficulty.

>> No.30827705

Redeemed a bit of my honor. I lost one hero early on to a pile of enemies, but managed to kill a ton of them with my remaining hero. When the enemy team was down to two units, my hero killed one, got the slippery guts result, and wobbled back and forth for a few turns before taking herself out on a trap. So, it was down to a 1v1 with my princess and the last enemy. Fortunately, the last enemy was fleeing, so I chased her onto a trap.

Also had a relatively uneventful win, an uneventful loss aside from incredibly shit rolling, an incredibly frustrating loss where the princess' buddy went down and I had placed the princess to close to an enemy forcing her to charge and get swamped, and an uneventful win where I essentially had the thing wrapped up after about two turns that culminated in an absolutely ridiculous flankcurbstomp of the final enemy who rolled nothing but fleeing and stunned results for several turns.

My shit_to_fix.txt is:
-everything about chariots
-ban archers from firing into melee
-make it clear that in melee, defender wins ties
-specify whether models that decapitate someone can attack on their lost turn
-make separate kill tables by type (arrows, melee, traps, etc)
-make executioners quality 3 in scenarios for consistency
I feel like it needs more things to justify a revision.

>> No.30828087

Bedbump.

>> No.30829083

>>30827705
The Executioners quality change in scenario's might be a good idea. Executioner is powerfull already.

part of me wants this to have lore and fluff. But I think it is better if everyone can just build their own world, answering questions like 'why wenches?' for themselves.

I have to go shopping, but I might try the 'Gem of M'AKG'UFIN scenario either before today's game of DND (If I have time) or after DND (could be late)

>> No.30831631

>>30829083
>lore
Unlike the entirety of /tg/, I'm incredibly lazy at this, while willing to sit and edit piles of abstract numbers for hours on end (thus the game being at least marginally playable). The tiny bits of flavortext in the game were like pulling teeth. I'm not against the idea, but "it's a Boris Vallejo painting" is enough for me personally, and I'd be worried about defining too much -- that is, the effect of changing the relatively great SCP foundation to Dr. Awesomeballs' Big Adventure Of Quips And Hilarity.

That said if someone else does the work and leaves things sufficiently open, I'll totally paste it in.

>> No.30831662

>>30829083
And then I got excited and hit the post button before I could finish.

>I might try the 'Gem of M'AKG'UFIN scenario
Thanks for this, I'd love to hear some results that didn't come from me.

>> No.30834076

While I wait for the other tester, can anybody think of any decent ranged fatalities for that table? The only one I can think of is that one death that every grunt in an action movie has where Arnold shoots him in the chest repeatedly and as he dies he spasms around and fires his gun in the air (so, mechanically, victim makes a 4" ranged attack in a random direction). Naturally I want six because d6es.

>> No.30837605

I realize that the number of bumps I'm posting is not polite, but I want that one tester to have a place to post a report. Sorry /tg/.

>> No.30837696

>>30834076

The Gem of M'AKG'UFIN was fun
I lost in the end when the last objective was a witch ambush (third witch this game) , I had cleared the enemies with one heroine left alive (and having found and lost a slavekin) and was taking the scenic route back to my deployment.

Questions that popped up (and did not occur to me earlier):

If in melee a combatant is either stunned or forced to flee what happens? Do they remain in place and fight in the next round or does the movement trigger at once?

In a regular skirmish, do Slavekin count to the maximum model number? (because you'd have no reason to take them otherwise.)

For the rest I had fun, with things remaining exciting to the end (when I got greedy).

>> No.30838294

>>30837696
>If in melee a combatant is either stunned or forced to flee what happens? Do they remain in place and fight in the next round or does the movement trigger at once?
You resolve it in the dumbest and most literal reading possible. Fleeing and stunned models can't attack, but they can be attacked, so if they become stunned on the other player's turn said other player gets a free swing potentially. Once it's the model's turn to go again, you just go through phase by phase. I don't have it memorized quite yet, but I know that stunned models don't act in the first two movement phases, then in the (I think it's called) running phase they move randomly and become unstunned. Fleeing is extremely similar.

>In a regular skirmish, do Slavekin count to the maximum model number?
Yeah, they do. I'm not sure what you mean about them being a no-brainer to not take, though, could you dumb it down for me a bit?

>with things remaining exciting to the end (when I got greedy).
Yeah, the gem scenario is all about avoiding fights.

Thanks a bunch for bothering to read my shit.

>> No.30838313

I just wanted to say that when I read "working furiously" and saw that image I thought you were talking about furious masturbation.

>> No.30838534

>>30838294
>Yeah, they do. I'm not sure what you mean about them being a no-brainer to not take, though, could you dumb it down for me a bit?

Well the archers are the same price as slavekin and have a ranged attack. So with the slavekin's disadvantages they're not good enough to take

>> No.30838851

>>30838534
>archers are the same price as slavekin
God dammit. Well, that's why you have other people read things. Putting it on the list, thanks.

>> No.30839070

>>30838851
Well glad to be off help. I'm heading for bed now, but I'll let the thread autoupdate and hopefully it will still be here when I wake up again.

>> No.30840786

>>30839070
I appreciate the work that you are doing, man!

Have an Azpiri bump.

>> No.30841442

Are you still looking for writefaggotry, OP?

>> No.30841817

>>30841442
If you want to do some, go ahead. Free intro for me, I guess.

>> No.30842314

>>30841817

Teegara flexes her bicep, raps her spear on the baseboard of her gilded war-chariot. All along its outer surface frolic packs of beaten-gold nymphs under grape vines that lead and encircle the draught-pole, terminating where the thongs bindings of the leather yolk saddles. Strapped to each is a snarling femizon, sharpened nails raking the air as they drag their mistress forward an inch despite the straining of the porters clinging to the rear.

Five hundred yards away the armies of Lediva the Beauteous roar a challenge across the empty dust plain. Above them beats down the punishing sun, drawing out a bead of sweat from Teegara's brow that traces a path over her dusty skin, slipping toward her clavicle and betwixt the cups of her war-bra. Still, she holds. Lediva's armies are riotous, drawn from the worst ports and swamps of the Southernspan, and Lediva's beauty is unable to keep them in check now that the enemy is in plain view.

Suddenly, a howling woman with wide kohl-blackened eyes and a chainmail miniskirt breaks ranks, spinning a flail of spiked thongs as she charges across the plain. The mob breaks with her, a dam of flesh and gleams of metal pouring away from Lediva.

Undisciplined. Ill-positioned.

Teegara raps her spear against the chariot's baseboard twice, and hollers a single word that is met by ten thousand women.

>> No.30842380

>>30842314
>terminating where the thongs bindings

Should be "terminating NEAR the thong bindings".

>> No.30842958

>> No.30843175

>>30842958

>> No.30844035

>>30842314
Yeah, that'll do it. Copy pasted.

>> No.30844716

>>30844035
I can purple it up more if you want.

>> No.30844959

>>30844716
Yeah, go right ahead, I'm entertained.

>> No.30845288

>>30844959
Teegara flexes her bicep, raps her spear on the baseboard of her gilded war-chariot. All along its outer surface frolic packs of beaten-gold nymphs under grape vines that lead and encircle the stout draught-pole, terminating near the thong bindings of the leather yolk saddles. Strapped to each is a snarling femizon, sharpened nails raking the air as they drag their mistress forward an inch despite the straining of the porters clinging to the rear. Trails of spittle fly from their full lips and leave thick saplike trails upon their heaving brass-encased bosoms with each shriek of impatience.

Five hundred yards away the armies of Lediva the Beauteous roar a challenge across the empty dust plain. Above them beats down the punishing sun, drawing out a bead of sweat from Teegara's brow. Ever-lower it slides down the curve of her face, tracing a path of cleanness in the fine layer of dust that coats the perfect olive skin of her regal and slender neck, toward her clavicle and into the tiny hollow betwixt the cups of her straining war-bra. Still, she holds. Lediva's armies are riotous, drawn from the worst ports and swamps of the Southernspan, and Lediva's famed and coveted beauty is unable to keep them in check now that the enemy is in plain view.

Suddenly, a howling woman with wide kohl-blackened eyes and a chainmail miniskirt breaks ranks, spinning a flail of spiked thongs as she charges across the plain. The mob breaks with her, a dam of surging supple flesh and gleaming flashes of base metal pouring away from Lediva.

Undisciplined. Ill-positioned.

Teegara raps her spear against the chariot's baseboard twice, and hollers a single word that is met by ten thousand women.

>> No.30845790

>>30845288
That is many adjectives.

I just now realized that femizon is redundant.

>> No.30845810

BOOBS

>> No.30848315

>>30816219
Why not a wench theme. Barbarian babes are awesome.

This game gives me worldbuilding idea's.

Why are all the military roles filled by wenches?
Just by finding an answer to that question you can make so many different worlds.

>> No.30849248

>>30845790
Femizons are like dire females.

>> No.30849408

>>30849248
Somehow this idea seems usefull.

This got my worldbuilding bone running:

>The amazon-root seems like the perfect crop,
>Amazon-root has a high yield and can even grow in difficult terrain. It's main disadvantage is the effect it has on humans.
>Human women become stronger and more agressive when consuming the root, it also increases the chances of a newborn being a girl.
>Some girls even develop magical talents if the mother consumes the root during the pregnancy.
>Human men are largely unaffected by it aside from the reduced birth rate.
>However some women react badly to consumption of the root, growing addicted.
>These women grow fast, becoming larger than normal, their fingers developing into claws and their visage turning bestial.
>These savage and aggressive creatures are called the Femizons

>> No.30851049

>>30849408
Not bad. I was thinking that they were an actual separate subspecies of human.

>> No.30851592

>>30849248
>>30849408
Be sure to post this in the next "What would a dire human be?" thread.

Anyway I don't really have any news except that I'm a bit burned out so I'm probably going to let the fix list sit for a minimum of a few days if not a few weeks. Everyone's been incredibly helpful and should expect to see their contributions in 0.2.2 whenever it happens, though.

>> No.30851595

>>30851049
Also a cool idea.
Hopefully OP will incorporate Femizons.

>> No.30851621

>>30851592
It's your time, so use it as you feel necessary.

I'll keep the thread alive with barbarian babes from time to time.

>> No.30851803

A couple of observations/questions about the rules (based on lazily skimming through the two-player PDF):

If all the models' costs are evenly divisible by 10, why start with 180 build points? Why not just start with 18 and reduce the costs accordingly?

Is charging optional? The way I'm reading it right now, a player can move a given model zero to six inches during the movement phase, and then must move her four inches directly towards an enemy, stopping short only if she reaches base-to-base contact.

Speaking of base-to-base contact, considering that this game would likely be played using whatever cheesecake minis the players have on hand, I'm curious what the assumed size and shape of the bases is. Are we talking about a 1" square? One of those fancy 30mm round ones (like in Warmachine)?

For a little more variety in wench selection, I suggest adding a type that actually has a defensive advantage of some kind

> Shield Slut: Hireling, Quality 2, Cost 25gp, attackers must roll twice and take lowest roll when trying to injure the Shield Slut.
> Buckler Bitch: Hireling, Quality 2, Cost 25gp, once per combat phase, when an attacking model misses the Buckler Bitch, she may roll and additional attack against her attacker.

Also since it was pointed out that the slaves are really low-quality, perhaps a hero model that makes them better?

> Alpha Female: Hero, Quality 2, 40gp, if the Alpha Female is alive, not stunned, not injured, not fleeing, and not in base-to-base contact with an enemy, all slavekin within six inches of her are treated as if they were Henchwenches.

>> No.30852427

>>30851803
>why start with 180 build points?
I assumed that certain units would turn out to be "under/overcosted, but not 10GP under/overcosted," and I wanted the option to bump them up or down by a small amount. It does stand out as something really dumb at this stage though.

>Is charging optional?
You don't need to charge things further than 4" away. The reason for required charges (combined with the rule against moving within 2" during movement) was to enforce stickiness and prevent people from just running past enemies to get free flanks. It makes battle lines a thing, sort of. That said, I'd love it if you had a way to keep battle lines as an anti-flanking tactic and stickiness in the game without having to divide movement up into ten phases.

>I suggest adding a type that actually has a defensive advantage
I'm probably going to change the flavor text a bit on this one because I've never seen a chainmail bikini lady with a shield ever in my life, but I'll definitely steal this.

>a hero model that makes them better?
This is sort of what the commander is. I'll experiment with it. On paper, I can't tell if it would end up being one of those monobuild required options or not. No idea if this will make it.

Thank you very much for putting up with my awful wall of text.

>> No.30852574

>>30851803
>I'm curious what the assumed size and shape of the bases is.
>not answering this the first time around
>forgetting to post an image
I've been using round bases since they behave less weird for a game that doesn't track facing (chariots aside, but chariots track facing by having two models, not by actually facing individual models in a particular direction). I assumed 28mm figs and 20mm warhammer 40k bases on account of those being the most common. I don't think it matters that much though. I suppose you could render a model unflankable by giving her a three foot base or something.

>> No.30852755

>>30852427
>I'm probably going to change the flavor text a bit on this one because I've never seen a chainmail bikini lady with a shield ever in my life, but I'll definitely steal this.

pic related.

>> No.30853010

>>30851803
I like the Spartacette idea.

>> No.30853808

>>30852755
Huh, ok. Well, you have to admit there's a trend against the things.

>> No.30854145

>>30852427
>Is charging optional?
You don't need to charge things further than 4" away. The reason for required charges (combined with the rule against moving within 2" during movement) was to enforce stickiness and prevent people from just running past enemies to get free flanks. It makes battle lines a thing, sort of. That said, I'd love it if you had a way to keep battle lines as an anti-flanking tactic and stickiness in the game without having to divide movement up into ten phases.

I love the underlying idea here. The existing wording may be a bit unclear. I suspected I was being dickish and pedantic when I interpreted the charge as mandatory.

> chainmail bikini lady with a shield
Clearly the problem here is that a sizable shield runs the risk of obstructing the view. Lady-curves weren't put on this Earth to be hidden away behind wall of oak and iron.

>> No.30854899

>>30854145
>I love the underlying idea here. The existing wording may be a bit unclear. I suspected I was being dickish and pedantic when I interpreted the charge as mandatory.
Something like it is necessary to make positioning matter, but yeah, problems. Don't worry about being dickish and pedantic, that's how good revisions get done.

I like that I'm supposedly burned out on this but I'm still here. What the fuck.

>> No.30854988

>>30854899
Because a society of barbarian bimbo's is an utterly awesome idea.

>> No.30855037

>>30854988
forgot my warrior lady.
more proof that a shield need not be detriment to sexy

>> No.30856078

>>30854988
It gets less awesome when your goal is to sperg over details.

And look at that, shield.

>> No.30856206

>>30856078
And that's why this needs very little detail beyond: All fighting is done by hot women, some of whom breathe fire.

>> No.30856302

>>30856206
Oh, yeah, I'm all for keeping that vaguely defined. Vaguely defined settings are best anyway, because you can insert whatever you like into them.

But god forbid I not have six mechanically separate arrow fatalities or that there might be some lack of clarity on how losing a turn interacts with stunned/fleeing.

>> No.30856400

>>30856302
Well you could just have arrows not cause a fatality and just cause death. Leave fatalities to the melee's.

>> No.30856465

>>30856400
At this point that's what I'm leaning towards. Actually coming up with a fatality table for every possible thing in the game would be pretty hard. Especially since scenarios tend to add various special death causing things.

>> No.30857600

>>30856302
Mostly we need to make sure the rules are tight and toned like a wenchkin's ass. The fluff should be well-rounded and perky like her tits

>fetype suction
exactly, Captcha. Exactly.

>> No.30857876

>>30857600
>tight
Yeah I'm mainly looking to remove rules at this point, though probably a few new things will end up squeezed in. /tg/ sure loves ruining shit with bloat and I'm pretty determined to avoid that. The only new material that the game really benefits from at this point is scenarios.

>> No.30858030

>>30857876
>/tg/ sure loves ruining shit with bloat
That's mostly because groupthink projects often attract a secretary-type organizer that just adds ALL the rules that everyone suggests, and there's no one to trim the fat.

>> No.30858340

>>30858030
Luckily I'm ok with saying no to things (not like there's been a flood of suggested additions). /tg/ likes to add fluff, not mechanics, usually.

>> No.30858388

>>30857876
The trick is to leave it tight and trim but still let the players slip in what they really want to from time to time. We're still talking about rules, right?

>> No.30858455

>>30858388
I don't know but I have a boner now.

You're gonna finish, right?

>> No.30860883

Ok, so here's my one remaining question before I let the thread die (I'll still respond to posts, just not going to safety bump anymore). What fantasy leading lady hero types exist? So far I have Xena, Red Sonja, and Valeria. Trying to fill out my set of hero tokens.

>> No.30861155

>>30860883
Mulan comes readily to mind.

Shanna the she-devil

Katniss Whatsherface

Eowyn

>> No.30861310

>>30860883
>Regal queen
>Powerful magician
>Lady paladin

A few tropes I can think of off the top of my head.

>> No.30861320

>>30861155
Mulan, Katniss, and Eowyn are thematically inappropriate on account of being dressed sensibly, but thank you for bringing up Shanna.

>> No.30861381

>>30861320

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action