Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 119 KB, 960x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30525757 No.30525757 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

How can I make my games more inviting to trans*, POC, and transPOC players while limiting the role of straight white men's influence and intimidation?

Pic unrelated

>> No.30525894

>>30525757
I'm.....confused as to what exactly you're asking here.

>> No.30525926

>>30525894
I want my games to be more friendly to disadvantaged and marginalized minority players. How do I do that?

>> No.30525970

Okay everybody, I think this is a clear example of either bait or an SJW. Sage in the email field.

>> No.30525971

>>30525757
what does "POC" mean?

>> No.30525986

Don't play

>> No.30526004

>>30525926
well invite them to your games is step one step to is i guess cowboy adventures because everything Hollywood has ever produced on the era is a lie

>> No.30526011
File: 77 KB, 524x908, potential.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526011

>>30525970
I want to be amused and this "bait-thread" is potentially amusing

>> No.30526013

>>30525971

People Overeating Candy

>> No.30526022

>>30525926
well, start by figuring out what you are doing wrong, and then fix that.

Because, honestly, this is not a problem any of us have ever had. Maybe something is wrong with you? Have you checked your privelige lately?

>> No.30526023

>>30525926
Well it's your world so you can make it play however you want. Players can be whatever, that's the magic of PnP gaming. I'd say just have the world be fairly accepting of whatever is marginalized and avoid making too big a deal out of it.

>> No.30526025

>>30525971
"People of Color" I think.

>> No.30526028

>>30525971
Player(s) on Cocaine

>> No.30526033

Don't.

>> No.30526035

>>30525971

Person Of Color. I still have no idea what a transPOC is, though; is that like a white person who wants to be black, or a latino who wants to be asian?

>> No.30526046

>>30526013

THAT'S FAT DISCRIMINATION. I BET YOU'RE THIN AND BEAUTIFUL, GO KILL YOURSELF.

>> No.30526056

>>30526013
>>30526028
>>30526046
hahahaha, that is amusing
I am amused
thank you

>> No.30526064

>>30525971
"person of color" which is the modern way of saying colored folk. you know polite but ultimately demeaning, as it marks them as separate and therefore lesser than human .

>> No.30526073

>>30526035
That seems too racist to be a SJW thing

>> No.30526075

>>30525926

While I know this is bait the answer is pretty simple:

Don't do anything at all that you normally wouldn't. Treat the players with respect and make a fun game. An interesting campaign and taking an active interest in the pcs is infinitely more appealing than focusing solely on politically correct stuff, because when all said and done, players are players and are looking for something fun, regardless of sex, orientation, gender identity, race, etc etc.

>> No.30526076

>>30525757
>implying this isnt bait

just be as considerate of their characters as you would be of them, and just generally bring a lot of diversity to the table in terms of race options, sex, npcs etc

also fantasy realms aren't automatically patriarchal so thats a non issue

bottom line is, just dont base your fantasy societies on our current western society

>> No.30526081

>>30525971
Pan Oceanic Cetaceans.

he wants to invite more dolphins and orcas.

>> No.30526089
File: 6 KB, 224x225, this_is_bait.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526089

>>30525757

>> No.30526090

>>30526073
>That seems too racist to be a SJW thing
Oho. If they didn't invent POC, they definitely popularized it.
It's a designation that lumps all non-white people in a single category that designates white people as special and different.

>> No.30526107

>>30526035
i assume it means a transgender oriented person who is also "POC"

i guess its some sort of holy badge among SJW's? although ive heard people say in all seriousness they feel they should have been born black but they are white so maybe its that

>> No.30526116

>>30526081

>gaming with dolphins and orcas

No way I'm making that mistake again.

>> No.30526124
File: 198 KB, 1028x1513, joke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526124

>>30525970
>>30526075
>>30526076

>> No.30526129

>>30525971
people of color. Another fancy way of saying "black person" or "african american" or if your 4chan "nigger."

>> No.30526161

>>30526107
SJW is about exonerating the disenfranchised. The more labels you can attach to your identity that other people believe, the more exoneration you feel, and the more you can be a complete asshole to others with no consequences.

So it makes sense that people with no labels would seek to apply them anyways.

>> No.30526176
File: 63 KB, 700x476, Blackfish-poster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526176

>>30526116
ONE. GODDAMN. DOCUMENTARY.

And suddenly divers cross the ocean when I come near.

I want to be judged by the content of my character, not the color of my fin.

>> No.30526177

>>30526073
no it's a thing. usually it's super-weaboos though.

Fuck knows how.

SJW culture is horribly racist at its centre though.

>> No.30526188

>>30525926
By asking those people if they want to play. Never shoehorn your players into an ideology or experience, especially if you're considering making a weird world where all the troubles those people experience are gone. Most people just want to be treated as normal.

Just work with what their characters have to bring to the table.

>> No.30526203

Isn't "people of colour" a racist term?

>> No.30526226

>>30526203
Yep. Like all things from SJW, they are horribly biased at their core.

>> No.30526244

Just play games using Furre! No one's weird when they're playing a furry.

>> No.30526266

>>30525926
>>30525757
By acting like a decent human being.

Literally the same as you hopefully do anyway. You do not need to change your behaviour to accommodate people unless either you, or they, are asshats. Or they're disabled, I guess.

>> No.30526279

>>30526203
No, but 'coloured people' is.

You figure it out.

>> No.30526291
File: 2.31 MB, 390x277, 1383668341789.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526291

>>30525757
>???
i have traveled to five nearby bigger cities, most minority people playing /tg/ are either Asian or Mex, so they actually get along fabulously with Greater Imperialist Scum...love those guys!

SJW usually too hipster to /tg/, unless grrl-pack is formed.

As for Afrogamer: Blacks suffer from cultural enforcement: if they are allowed to be niggaz, they go to /v/, passing /tg/. if they are allowed a more personalized chance to be individuals...they usually prefer not to be seen as POC and actually do what white guys do: they ignore their 'color' ancestry, except maybe very localized lore / any irish/german/specific euro said human might have. they play the game, and they adapt the ideals of the fantasy culture they have chosen for X game.
like anyone.

Blacks suffer, not from prejudice in gaming, but the fact that liberal media that claims to liberate them has actually shoehorned them into a --very useless-- stereotype which is paraded as 'black culture'...

SJW just need to shut up, as most SJW aren't also POC. they're part of the problem mentioned above instead. They suck at defending blacks, and should stick to anti-white-male assault, their known forte...

what 'POC' really need is a chance to not be pegged as part of a gorrila hive mind, thank you.

BKotJ says thank you.

/thread.

>> No.30526300

>>30526266

As a handicapped person, this made me lol much harder than it should have.

>> No.30526360

>>30526064
I also find it stupid and kind of funny. Language tends to simplify phrases. And "person of colour" simplifies to "coloured". Within a decade.

The alternative is being called an acronym. And if that's not demeaning, I don't know what is.

>cision demeso
Careful, captcha. Don't fall for it.

>> No.30526413

>>30525926
presumably you already know people in those groups so why not ask them directly? you're bound to get better answers than asking us

>> No.30526418

You make it a game of "See how many apples you can stuff up my ass"

>> No.30526453

EVERYONE IS ROBOTS
NOBODY HAS GENITALS TO ARGUE ABOUT OR WITH

>> No.30526458

>>30526161
These are also the kinds of people who will assume something done that somehow negatively affected a black person was definitely done by a white person. Case in point
http://archangellesnowflake.tumblr.com/post/77838722148

>> No.30526464

Hey /tg/:

I want to make my gaming group more comfortable with rape. How should I go about doing this?

Is fondling them under the table a good way to ease them into it?

Ideally, I'd like it to be not related to or cued off of what is happening in-game because then it would be fairly predictable. I want to instill the sense that at any moment, they can be bent over the table and raped. Hopefully this will create a lot of tension during our sessions.

What would you do?

>> No.30526515

>>30526360
The best part is that these people have no idea what they're talking about at any time.
Look at Frozen. They bitched that there were no indigenous POCs in the movie. Everyone replied "yes, there were, they're Sami, indigenous Scandinavians". SJWs fire back: "Well where were they? The entire main cast is white!"
Then the Samis spoke up: "Hi, we're the Sami and we're white as paper"

>> No.30526551

>Bait thread even /pol/ would reject.
>But quests are killing /tg/ gais.

>> No.30526585
File: 210 KB, 940x690, 1393535049519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526585

>>30526515

Are you saying that anti-racism may be code for anti-white?

>> No.30526588

>>30526453
YOU CANT STOP ME ARGUING WITH MY DICK!

>> No.30526606

>>30526585
oh look it's /pol/

>> No.30526620

>>30526588
I'm going to show you the validity of my argument.

And by validity, I mean rigidity.

>> No.30526639 [SPOILER] 
File: 19 KB, 340x281, I got tested, and apparently I'm only Modratli Selassie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526639

>>30526291
>BKotJ
You're king of the jews? The Rastafarians were right!

>> No.30526661

>>30526585
I'm saying that Tumblr and SJW are anti-white-cis-hetero-males.
The best thing about that? A tie between the following
>made of mostly white people
>tumblr worships shows headed by white-cis-hetero-males: Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who

>> No.30526663

>>30526073
SJWs are racists.

>> No.30526679

>>30526458
>Brent McQuarters
I love that surname, so much. So very very much.

>> No.30526683

Make some good characters. Roll for ethnicity and/or gender. Re-assign a few if they don't fit certain specificities for that character's role/backstory. Doesn't work for everything, but unless it's in a specific setting or region I do it for most of my characters. Usually works out okay.

>> No.30526701

>>30526663
It's like he's never heard of the game "SJW or Stormfront?".

>> No.30526707

>>30526663
SJWs are arseholes. Racism is just the particular manifestation of that.

>> No.30526724

>>30526661
Tumblr hates Sherlock

I just watched a panel where they brought out the director and had an open panel for questioning.

The NUMBER TWO QUESTION -- I SHIT YOU NOT -- "How do you respond to CLAIMS ON THE INTERNET that you made Irene Adler a weak character because she's just a damsel for Sherlock to save."

>> No.30526746

>>30526073
5 seconds on wikipedia would have explained "people of color" to you

>> No.30526757

>>30526639
>hirariousu rafta!

>> No.30526762
File: 12 KB, 236x395, jensen ackles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526762

>>30526661

>SJWs post about body acceptance and the need to love every womyn for her unique form
>Post hundreds of images like pic related

If I'm supposed to think Lena Dunham is attractive then you all better get ready to start sucking Andy Richter off two at a time.

>> No.30526768

>>30526090
So isn't that... racist? In their search for social justice, they become the very things they claim to despise?

>> No.30526788

>>30526768
That should've been obvious from the start.

You can't stop marginalization by marginalizing. It's like stopping war by raising an army to fight.

>> No.30526810

>>30526762
Body acceptance isn't about wanting to fuck people you're not attracted to, it's about not treating them with disgust or derision based on their looks.

i.e., just because someone is a big fat fuck doesn't mean you can't be decent to them.

>> No.30526836

>>30526757
Seriously though, what does KotJ mean? I have no clue and the internet isn't helping.

>> No.30526841

>>30526788
They called World War I "The War to End All Wars"...

>> No.30526849

>>30526090
>>30526768
The term POC was specifically chosen because unlike "non-white" it DOESN'T automatically compare them to white people.

Not that anyone in this thread actually cares about understanding what they hate.

>> No.30526857

>>30526810
But their purview is always sexual.

"I should be getting more action! It's just fat-shaming culture that's preventing men/women from knowing my flabby love!"

>> No.30526864

>>30525757
I don't know.

But I know that if you're keeping niggers as chattel and referring to them as "niggers" it doesn't work.

>> No.30526867
File: 3 KB, 210x230, 1320109718260.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526867

>>30526203

It was when I grew up and I was told why it was by a lovely Jamaican gent who ran the local cafe.

Now it's apparently flipped again.

I've got a friend who went to a University group talk set up by the resident Marxists and it's apparently about separating marginalized groups from whites to unite them or something. It's to do with the whole movement right now, the push is apparently to make White-Men the acceptable target and push for as many law changes as possible before the inevitable backlash. It's all a bit dodgy if you ask me, and I think the goal of justice has gotten a bit lost in their own hatred and bitterness. Along with pushing their economic goals.

>> No.30526872

>>30526551
>1 bait thread
>75 quest threads at all hours

gee

>> No.30526884

>>30526849
At the same time it kinda fails because it still assumes "non-color" aka:white to be the default.
In my opinion in a worse way than simply saying non-white does.

>> No.30526890

>>30526724
I was under the impression that everyone on Tumblr that isn't a total psychopath loved Sherlock

>> No.30526893
File: 1.57 MB, 1070x670, pacific_rim.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30526893

>>30526836
Kaiju on the Jaeger

>> No.30526900

>>30526849
>it DOESN'T automatically compare them to white people.

But it's so childish. It's term that's specifically designed to be exclusive but is touted as something inclusive.

>> No.30526902

>>30526081

I just had an image of Militant Knight Dolphins.

Jesus Christ how horrifying.

>> No.30526919

>>30526810

>guys, don't objectify others, everyone is beautiful on the inside!
>post alpha male panty tsunami makers in an obvious objectification

Sure thing broski.

>> No.30526929

>>30526849
Except it DOES compare them to white people. Contrasting "white people" and "people of color" is a comparison, because you're implying white people have no color. That's a comparison.
>>30526810
Except it's always sexual.
>>30526768
>So isn't that... racist? In their search for social justice, they become the very things they claim to despise?
Wrong.
They're not out for social justice.
If they were, they'd take a leaf out of actual activists' books.
PROTIP: MLK didn't call white people scum.
>>30526701
One of my favorite blogs is Nazifest. They have their own game: take a Sinfest comic about feminism (which is easy, they've been all about feminism for years now) and try to make the least amount of edits possible to turn the feminists into Nazis.
http://nazifest.tumblr.com/
>>30526724
They worship the white-cis-hetero-males who lead the shows. Pardon me - what a distinction!
they continue to watch either way

>> No.30526932

>>30526890
I'm confused, there are people on Tumblr who AREN'T total psychopaths?

>> No.30526937

>mother always called black people 'coloured people'
>always thought it was stupid and nobody did this
>people calling them POC now
Do black people really care about being called black? I've done it a few times before and its never offended anyone

To be honest if someone did say they were offended about being called black I would probably tell them to grow up

>> No.30526941

>>30525757
Epic bait anon, epic for the win.

>> No.30526949

>>30526849
>Not that anyone in this thread actually cares about understanding what they hate.
Why would i give a fuck about understanding people who hate me because of my skin colour and sex?

>> No.30526962

>>30526937
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkX9LprlLB4

>> No.30526964

>>30526932
Partial psychopaths and sociopaths, anon.

>> No.30526968

>>30526937
I always assumed it was acceptable because of the NAACP.

It seems the list of acceptable nomenclature for discussing black people gets shorter every day.

>> No.30526979

>>30526035
>I still have no idea what a transPOC is
Its like when youre white but you can say nigger because youre transnigger, meaning youre black on the inside.

>> No.30526984

>>30526884
Non-white directly implies white as the standard. POC isn't ideal but it's probably the better of the two.

In any case it's hard to say the term is racist against minorities when it was radical minorities themselves who pushed the term as a better alternative to non-white.

>>30526867
Second-hand anecdotes are pretty meaningless, and what your friend alleges to have heard runs contrary to everything I've heard.

>> No.30526989

>>30526979
Oh, so Quentin Tarantino.

>> No.30526999

>>30526872
Right 75 quest threads at all hours.
>Implying 90% of the shit that isn't quest threads or generals aren't just bait threads.

>> No.30527008

>>30526124
Starting a thread where you pretend to be a shitposting idiot isn't a joke, it's just being a shitposting idiot.

>I just dropped a turd in the punchbowl.
>You should be happy because I did it as a joke.
>It's a real turd and all, but I did it to be funny.
>Why are you mad? I'm helping you have a good time.

>> No.30527033

>>30526968

There's a clear chart available

>Living black hooligan: youth
>Dead black hooligan: aspiring rap star/producer
>Black trying to better themselves: Uncle Tom
>Black wallowing in hatred: People of Color.
>99.9% of the population: Blacks.

>> No.30527037

>>30526900
It's a descriptive term. It's exclusive because American society is still exclusive in many ways.

>> No.30527053

>>30526984
>Non-white directly implies white as the standard

But that's bullshit.

If I have a box of crayons and I ask someone to find the "non-green" colors, am I secretly implying that green is the standard by which all the other colors should be measured?

No, I'm saying find the colors that aren't fucking green.

People are oversensitive about this. "Non-black" doesn't imply black is the standard. "Non-Hispanic" doesn't imply Hispanic is the standard.

>> No.30527066

>>30526949
Except "they" don't hate you, you've just been convinced by reactionary ideologues that they do.

>> No.30527073

>>30526836
okay, i'll tell you:

>Pre-Google internet awesome: circa '96-'98

--in one of the odd online games played back then, we had one of the oddest groups: a black guy who played an SS, A Jewish-player ginger Fire Mage pc, and whitey pollock who'd play a guy armored from top to bottom in black. with gold trim. race was unknown In Character.

BKotJ was several different things:
>Black Knight on the Jew (status meaning engaged fight)
>Blatant Kicking of the Jew
>Black Knight of the Jews (we were later allies of the Jewish Nazi Death Crusade Chaos Coalition) (most common application)
>Bigger Kike Offends the Jew
>Better King of the Jews (refered back to the ginger fire mage)
>Bauhaus, Knight of the Jews (variant of the alliance tag)
or the worst:
> (name), Knight of Total Jewishness

BTW: if you were on that MUDD server and you know what shit i'm talking about, TALK TO ME AARON YOU CUNT!!!! *forever LOLz*

>> No.30527082
File: 93 KB, 288x288, carl-sagan-dude-what.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30527082

>>30527037
So the best way of helping a society be more inclusive is inventing ways of making it more exclusive?

>> No.30527137

>>30527053
People aren't crayons. If everyone was treated equally then POC would indeed be a pointless term. But they aren't, and so it exists.

>People are oversensitive about this.
It's funny you say this since so far most of the angry, defensive posts seem to be coming from the other side.

>> No.30527143

Very simple.

Hey I'm black! Cool play the game.

Hey I'm trans! Okay then make your character

Hey I'm a cripple! Okay then make your character

Hey I'm gay/bi/chicken/ninja! Cool make your character.

In short, who gives a damn? Don't coddle somebody as though they are some poor weak fool that needs to be protected from the world. The best way to make somebody feel invited and in place is by treating them like you would anybody else (in my opinion at least). Unless they are a jerk. If they are a jerk then boot them out. Boot all jerks out.

>> No.30527188

>>30526999
>>30526872
As of the writing of this post, there are
>18 quest threads
>20 40k threads
>11 MTG threads
>112 other threads
The reason people think theres more quest threads than anything else is the same reason suptg is now mostly quests: quest threads tend to be constantly active, with new material made each thread. Generals and threads about the same questions don't need to be archived unless they've got something new to so (which they usually don't).
>>30527066
That's why there's all those blogs about white and male privilege, right?
That's why the following are typically captioned on gifs of people laughing
>white tears
>male tears
>cis tears

>> No.30527192

>>30527082
Welcome to SJW. The only way to fight racism and cultural superiority is to have stricter notions of racism and cultural superiority than your opposition.

My favorite game to play on tumblr is to play SJW or Stormfront.

Sometimes its hard to tell the difference, when both sides are arguing for white people to stop experiencing or living black culture.

>> No.30527198

>>30527082
No, because the point of the word isn't to make society more inclusive, it's a descriptor.

To make society more inclusive requires changes in actions and attitudes.

>> No.30527215

>>30526937
We like black. Black is bretty gud.
Wish we could still call ourselves Negros unironically, though. Negro is a top-tier word.

>> No.30527217

>>30527137
>People aren't crayons.

You're ignoring the point, friend. Black people aren't "people of color" either; it's a name invented to build exclusivity and, thereby, identity.

I'm curious; since there's an apparent requirement structure for POC, at what point does its usage become redundant or useless in describing someone?

>> No.30527221

>>30527143

>black people don't get to make characters

I think this is the kinda thing OP and most people want to avoid.

>> No.30527233

>>30527188
>That's why there's all those blogs about white and male privilege, right?
White and male privilege isn't about hating white males.

>> No.30527240

>>30527215
Pronounced with one g or two?
And it's not as good as swarthy

>> No.30527251

>>30527233
That's what it turns into. Tumblr is full of hatred.

>> No.30527257

>>30527198
A marked change in actions and attitudes would be helped immensely by the exclusion of words like "white" or "people of color".

I prefer the Roman system: citizen or non-citizen.

>> No.30527268

*face palm* I was thinking of doing something different for every group I listed. Instead I got lazy on the second attempt and just stuck with it. Also, it is important to point out I promptly followed it up by saying the answer is to just treat them like a human being. No better than anybody else, no worse.

>> No.30527271

>>30526893
>That helicopter shooting one missile.
"I'm helping!"

>> No.30527303
File: 766 KB, 600x2644, 1377093511121.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30527303

>>30525757
Like this.

>> No.30527310

>>30527073
Well, I was one word off.

>> No.30527311

>>30527188
>falling for this bait in a bait thread.

>> No.30527314

>>30526724
Actually, they just hate moffat.

I too hate moffat, because of all his pretentious convoluted dr who stuff though.

I also didn't really see adler as weak, just not as much of a sociopath as sherlock.

Though i may have been distracted by the dominatrix thing.

>> No.30527323

>>30527233
In policy? It isn't.
In practice? It is.
>>30527240
Pronounced knee-grow, the way MLK and his contemporaries would have said. Nowadays, the only time I hear is whenever the book of Daniel comes up in black Baptist churches, which is not often
>Now it wasn't just Daniel, it was Daniel and his three friends
>Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah
>but King Nebudchadnezzar gave them new names, Chaldean names
>Shadrach
>Meshach
>and ABadNegro
And swarthy's for brown people. Arabs, Persians, Egyptians, Indians.
>>30527257
Then you'd get
>but muh illegals
>why you gotta discriminate against non-citizens

>> No.30527340

>>30527053
Well POC definitely assumes white is the standard.

>> No.30527344

>>30527251
The fun thing about the internet is it allows individuals as much exposure as entire groups. And it's generally the most extreme, fringe elements that get the most exposure.

>>30527257
No it wouldn't. Do you really think the only reason racism still exists is because of uppity SJWs?

>> No.30527346

>>30527323
Considering that happens already, and it's way easier to become a citizen than it is to stop being white or black, I'd call it an improvement.

>> No.30527354

http://sjwhypocrisy.tumblr.com/

>> No.30527359

>>30527215
When I was like 10, I had a little group of friends in my block. One of them was black. Since he was the only black guy, we called him (my language's equivalent of) nigger. He started it, and I think we were young enough to not even have conceptualized racism correctly.

Isn't that pretty much how it should be? Nobody gave half a fuck that he was black, it was just a joke thing, like how we joked one of the guys had hamster teeth or the other was tall and lanky. Kid stuff.

Didn't go so well once when I was like 14, and tried to call him down from his apartment by yelling HEY NIGGER GET THE FUCK DOWN HERE and someone called the cops. I'd entirely forgotten the word was supposed to be offensive.

>> No.30527406

>>30526724
Yeah, but that's because they're offended that the shows they are obsessed about won't drop everything and cater solely to them. They'll get like that about Frozen in not very long.

>> No.30527411

>>30527323
I've heard swarthy used for every skin colour darker than, say, southern france. From Italians to Ethiopians and everybody in between.

>> No.30527436

>>30527323
But that's abedNEGO, not negro.

>> No.30527506

>>30527359
>Didn't go so well once when I was like 14, and tried to call him down from his apartment by yelling HEY NIGGER GET THE FUCK DOWN HERE and someone called the cops. I'd entirely forgotten the word was supposed to be offensive.

Brilliant.

I remembered recently that around the same time for myself we used to sing a song called 'chinky chinky chinaman'

>> No.30527513

>>30527436
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xgpbdWmfys
>>30527411
Swarthy is relative. It's sort of like how if you have two shades of gray, then introduce a third, much darker shade of gray, one of the shades will seem white to you, and the darkest shade will seem black.

>> No.30527536

>>30527513
What I mean to say is that the preachers would turn Abednego into A Bad Negro as an easy joke.

>> No.30527563

Make everybody triple- or quadruple genderbended, trans and identifying. You'll never know how to address people and will constantly trigger them; guaranteed conflict and drama. Good roleplaying ensured.
Naturally, the BBEG is a straight WASP business-owning family man.

>> No.30527595
File: 895 KB, 2883x3676, Louis_Armstrong_NYWTS_3[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30527595

>>30527536
But they're not even pronounced similar.
Assuming Louie didn't fuck it up in his song.

>> No.30527648

>>30527217
>it's a name invented to build exclusivity

If your going to hermeneutics all over our faces, you might as well check your claims of intents and your anthropomorphism while your at it.

>> No.30527655

>>30527595
It's not a pronunciation joke, it's a spelling joke. Abednego looks like Abadnegro.

Besides, it's a black preacher talking to a congregation of black churchgoers. They get the joke.

>> No.30527659

>>30527359
Nice.

I'm Irish and my best friend is Japanese; we got some looks the day we went around calling each other "Nip" and "Mick".

Though sadly as a child I legitimately absorbed enough racism that I distrust blacks. I consciously know that it's bullshit, but it's lile a reflex. Feels bad man.

>> No.30527689

>>30527659
>Though sadly as a child I legitimately absorbed enough racism that I distrust blacks. I consciously know that it's bullshit, but it's lile a reflex. Feels bad man.
You can change if you want to, you know.

>> No.30527698
File: 78 KB, 240x240, ninja what.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
30527698

>>30527648
>comm law
>talking about how a law must be able to be understood by the average person
>prof asks how many people know what "hermeneutics" is
>their faces when Im the only one

>> No.30527752

>>30527648
I don't know what any of those words mean.

>> No.30527762

>>30527698

God-tier anon detected.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action