Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.29609126 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So you mean to tell me, that the only thing preventing an Imperium and Eldar alliance that would make both factions immeasurably stronger is just plain arrogance on both sides?

>> No.29609202

>>29609126
No, it's arrogance on one side and extremely religious genocidal tendencies mixed with arrogance on the other.

>> No.29609210

They are two radically different societies that have subsets within that openly despise the other completely and who frequently find themselves in situations where their goals are the exact opposite.

So, yeah, if those and "arrogance" are the only reasons, sure.

>> No.29609252

See Knights Inductor

>> No.29609290

>>29609126
Welcome to the Grim Derp.

Everyone hates everyone. And everyone is going to lose.

>> No.29609388

>>29609126

A 10 thousand year old civilization SHOULD produce 1 fucking pragmatic High Lord of Terra shouldnt it?

Fucking GW, full of morons

>> No.29609446

>>29609126
That isn't a plot hole

>> No.29609475

>>29609126
You realize you are talking about the two stupidest races in the setting right?
One got fucked because of shitty parenting and the other because they couldn't stop having orgies for ten minutes.

>> No.29609486

>>29609388
It's more like the selection process to become High Lord of Terra ensures that no High Lord of Terra will ever be pragmatic

>> No.29609695

>>29609388
They have Rogue Traders for that.
In fact, "sanctioned to deal with xenos in non-violent ways" is kind of their schtick, along with being fabulously wealthy and more powerful than the average planetary governor or middling level inquisitor.

>> No.29609795

If you consider that a plot hole you probably think real world history is badly written.

>> No.29609802

>>29609695

Let's face it, eventually Imperium will absorb the Eldar.

If the Eldar were half as clever as every shitty codex claim, they'd understand that a permanent alliance of convenience would offer trillions of meat shields for their Craftworlds.

Now that Eldrad is officially dead, they don't have any über Chaos God level psykers left.

Time to toss the salad Eldar.

>> No.29609813

>>29609126
Its called righteousness OP

>> No.29609819

At least the Adeptus Astartes can always depend on their Battle Brothers in the Tau Empire.

>> No.29609845

>>29609819
laughingmachinespirits.gif

>> No.29609867

>>29609475
Well there's no drama when you phrase it like that...

>> No.29609880

>>29609126
Arrogance and genocidal tendacies caused by constant backstabbing on one side.
Arrogance, a compulsive need to backstab, and a dash of genocidal tendancies, on the other.

or in the case of biel-tan, a compulsive need to commit genocide with a dash of backstabbing

>> No.29609910

>>29609802
>Now that Eldrad is officially dead

4th edition ended, like, 5 years ago.

>> No.29609919

Well they often try and fail miserably. Eldrad tried to reason with Fulgrim and got one of their best wraithlords killed , lost 5 maiden worlds to the imperium , an avatar and a small army, all of their souls fed to slaanesh. You don't retry negotiations after things like that.

>> No.29609952

>>29609919
The fact that the most powerful seer ever tried to speak with the only guys in the imperium corrupted by Slaanesh speaks a lot about Eldar achievemnts.

>> No.29609976

>>29609802
The Imperium has elements that have and will kill entire craftworlds on sight. Are you fucking high or something?

>> No.29609978

>>29609919
>Tried to reason with a champion of the god you partied into existence, and thinking he'll warn his dad he plans to betray him

No fixing Eldar stupidity, their "greatest" farseer doesnt know a daemon weapomnwhen he sees one.

>> No.29609994

>>29609952
face it if it was Dorn or Gulliman negotiations wouldn't have even started

>> No.29610004

>>29609880
Biel-tan's fucking crazy. Their exarchs just go into a murderous rampage when they get bored.

>> No.29610007

>>29609126
Hating eldar is generally a pretty decent policy, I feel. So is hating everybody else in the setting, because the hate you just as much, if not more.
If people were sensible that universe would still fuck them over, because that's how that place works.

>> No.29610031

>>29609126
That's like calling the relationship between the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China a plothole. Yeah, i know. Very badly written.

>> No.29610084

>>29610031
If only those two cultures completely integrated with each other, then they would both get everything. They're so dumb!

>> No.29610110

>>29609952
>>29609978
In his defense he was explained to have a serious case of farseer's block at that time while hiding fulgrim's corruption is attributed to slaanesh trickery.

>> No.29610356

>>29610110
Also, keep in mind that this wasn't long, by Eldar standards, after the Fall. Eldrad's powers of foresight certainly wouldn't have been as well honed as they are in contemporary 40k.

>> No.29610374

>>29610110
He also mentions Primarchs just being hard to read in general.

>‘I know that this one will be a great player in the bloody drama set to unfold, but I cannot see whether it will be for good or ill. His thoughts and future are hidden from me.’

>Hidden? How is such a thing possible?

>‘I do not know for sure, but I believe that whatever dark forces his Emperor employed in the creation of these primarchs renders many of them as little more than spectres in the warp. I cannot read this one, nor sense anything of his future.’

And earlier, the seer's block bit:

>Yes, his journey along the Path of the Seer had seen his race saved from danger a hundred times and more over the centuries, but his sight had faded in recent days, the gift gone from him as he sought to penetrate the veil that had been drawn over the warp. He had begun to fear that his gift had deserted him, but the song of the ancient seers had called him to the dome, calming his spirit and showing him the true path, as they had led him through the forest to this place.

And later:

>How could he not have seen this? Fulgrim was already on a dark path, his soul embroiled in a secret war he did not even realise it was fighting. A dark and terrible force sought to dominate him, and though Fulgrim was resisting, Eldrad knew there was only one way such a battle could end. He knew now that this dark presence had been what shielded Fulgrim from his sight, jealously keeping its victim veiled so that none might unmask its designs.

>The sword… he should have felt it the moment he laid eyes upon it, but the deceits of the Great Enemy had ensnared him with subtle illusions and rendered him blind to its presence. Eldrad knew that the essence of a powerful creature from beyond the gates of the empyrean lay bound within the sword, and that its influence was inexorably tainting the consciousness of the Primarch of the Emperor’s Children.

So yeah, Chaos did it.

>> No.29610446

>>29610374
Recently read that too. So does this mean psychers can be undetectable even to nulls when supported by a high class demon or god ?

>> No.29610461

>>29609252
AKA "Winning 40k" with "da powah of logic" and I'll point to the copy pasta about why the imperium sucks

>> No.29610608

>>29609795
>>29609867
this, people go on, forgetting that people in real life can be exactly this stupid

>> No.29610752

>>29610608
How is it stupid if they constantly have goals that are the opposite of each other's?

>> No.29611100

I dont think you realize that there are like tops 50-100 billion Eldar in the entire universe left.

Less than 0.1 percent of the human population.

Humanity is already becoming far superior psykers as they evolve, and technologywise its just a temporary bigoted scientific system thats holding Imperium back.

Ooooooh weeebwaaaaay, ooooooh wraithbone

Dont make little trinkets cloud your judgement, Eldar are weaker than mankind in every single arena of confrontation

>> No.29611137

So you mean to tell me, that the only thing preventing humans from making life a whole lot better for almost everybody is just plain lack of empathy?

>> No.29611262

>>29610446
I'm sure a psyker can hide their talent from surface scanning. Didn't Ravenor get attacked by some psyker he was probing without even knowing he was a psyker?

>> No.29611376

>>29610446
Ofcourse they can.
Their powers are base on the Warp, the one with powers over the Warp can hide them.

>> No.29611402

>>29611100
>50-100 billion
>Less than 0.1 percent of the human population.
>hive worlds contain between 100 and 500 billion people
>there's over 30,000 hive worlds

Where does it say humans are becoming superior psykers? 6e only says that majority of humans have potential for psychic powers, but also says that the Emperor will do his best to protect us, even if we won't become strong enough to defend for ourselves.

Eldar psychic powers are not pure, raw warp streaming, which is also quite dangerous. Eldar are very much about deep and subtle manipulations. Human psyker can defeat an army with his powers? Eldar psyker can conquer a world without firing a shot.

>> No.29611452

Both societies believe that the entire galaxy belongs to them by right. That right there is a major cause of conflict.

Now add in the fact that the Imperium finds the very existence of non-human sentience to be offensive on a religious level. Consider that while much of the Imperium is kept in ignorance of things like Chaos, the entire Imperium hates and feats the xenos.

Garnish this with the eldar regarding the humans are having the moral worth of animals. Consider that the eldar's psychotic cousins literally feed of pain and suffering and that humans are one of their major prey (but for the Craftworld Eldar, the Dark Eldar are still people, but humans are animals. If your psychotic cousin is pulling the wings off flies, you'd think it warped and worrying but you're not going to side with the flies and let them bring him to justice.)

Consider the the Imperium was founded, ten thousand years ago, on a campaign of xenocide of unimaginable scale, where humanity murdered countless xenos cultures, sending a clear message that they were utterly uninterested in coexistance. Consider that the architect of this xenocide, the alien-murderer-in-chief, is now worshipped as a god.

So no, nothing prevents an alliance except arrogance, racism, incompatible goals, religious differences, lack of mutual recognition of person-hood and ten thousand years of bad blood. Shall we begin negotiations?

>> No.29611461

>>29611402
Not all humans live on hive worlds.
And the worlds that aren't hive worlds still have a very large population generally.

>> No.29611472

>>29611100
Don't make me wraith-bon you.
No homo.

>> No.29611491

You do know Tallarn is a very very close ally with the Beil Tan right? Happened after a chaos incursion forced the two into working side by side.

>> No.29611555

>>29611491
That's because tallarns are very badass humans.

>> No.29611556

>>29611461
>"empire of a million worlds"
>over 30,000 hive worlds
>Not all humans live on hive worlds.

You don't say? Maybe I was trying to point out that "less than 0.1%" is a grievous understatement?

>> No.29611610

>>29611555
Thing is both factions are the very dogmatic xenophobic types.

>> No.29611661

>>29611610
Beil Tan will genocide regular humans for defiling the Eldar's galaxy then go drink tea with the space Lawrence of Arabias.

>> No.29611713

>>29611661
Rather the arabs and maybe one or two pace larences, right?
Comissars are normally schola traiend so they have a good chance from being off world.

>> No.29611827

>>29609126

One could say it's paranoia on one side and general arrogance on the other, but it's more complicated then that. The Imperium doesn't have one monolithic viewpoint and neither do the Craftworlds.

For example, the Iyanden codex mentions how the High Lords of Terra noticed the weakening of Chaos in the eastern galaxy (As a result of Iyanden's actions) and how if they had but investigated the reason why, humanity would have found an ally in its fight against Chaos.

>> No.29611856

>>29610004
Biel Tan invaded the Eye of Terror during the 13th Black Crusade and established a beachhead on a demonworld. That goes way beyond bog-standard fucking crazy.

>>29611661
It helps that the Space Lawrence's fought off a much nastier foe and live on a horrible world that's already comprehensively ruined. Even then, with Biel Tan you never know if its "ha ha, you funny guys, we'll kill you last" kind of friendship.

>> No.29611935

>>29609802
>If the Eldar were half as clever as every shitty codex claim, they'd understand that a permanent alliance of convenience would offer trillions of meat shields for their Craftworlds.

Think it through, man. If they're as clever as the codex says, then they have very good reasons for not allying with humans.

>> No.29612128

>>29611856
Maybe it is just how nazis, imperial japan and islam were bros for life.

>> No.29612132

Acshually
Well, I don't think the Covenant of Isha has been tossed out of canon.
Technically, the Imperium and the Eldar Craftworlds are hence allies.
Shitty allies for sure, but allies. They do help each other against Chaos, and from what I understand it's mostly the Eldar who invoke the Covenant and the Man to do what Eldar can't.
I've been told by the guys at my GW store that current lore is that Imperial forces have the orders to not engage Eldars unless specifically ordered to do so.

>> No.29612198

>>29609126
The United States and Soviet Union could have jointly ruled the Earth had they decided to cooperate and simply divided it in half.

>> No.29615167

>>29612198
Except for that middle part they did exactly that for a long time

>> No.29616169

>>29610446
Nulls cut off all ties to the Warp, so no....
At least, that is how I understand Nulls. My only knowledge of them is through Jurgen.

>> No.29620318

>>29609202
Don't forget the DEldar sowing discord with their ravenously rapetastic rampages.
>Tolima substance
Is that what they're all taking now?

>> No.29620714

Arrogance and trust issues. Both sides feel that they're above even tolerance of the other (One is a species that has been around many millenia longer, the other has had an incredibly xenophobic agenda since Emps sat his tight ass on the Throne).

Eldar feel that humans bumble into and through everything with the subtlety of a lead brick flail, and that even if they said EVERYTHING in excrutiating detail on what to do/not do, that they'd still manage to fuck it up. So generally, the Eldar try and avoid humanity all together. In the meantime, humans believe that Eldar are always lying to them (Whether they actually are or not), especially when it comes to big words and 'sorcerous prophecies'.

In the end, it does often come down to life or death alliances, or 'I fucking told you so' moments to bring the two sides together. Now, as far as xenos go, you'll see humans and Eldar working together more often than most others. Though, that generally has to do with the fact that unlike others (Orks, Necrons, Nids, DEldar), humanity and Eldar can occasionally reason with each other.

>> No.29621743

>>29610461
Knights Inductor is the most infuriatingly Mary Sue crap ever made, with character quotes somehow being more shit eatingly smug than any Tau quote. The only thing missing are artificier fedoras making units invulnerable to demons and phony gods.

>> No.29621775

>>29611100
"nyeh, Adeptus Mechanicus is holding us back"

Shut your whore's mouth. Of all the human worlds that were rediscovered during the Great Crusade or afterwards, not one had advanced science in any meaningful way. Even without AdMech, humans just suck.

>> No.29621804

>>29609290
except da orkz, cuz da orkz are da meenest and da strongets.

>> No.29623024

>>29621775
Of course they did. Some had sentient robots, then there was that planet that are basically just brains in robots or something, the one with the STC, etc.
All were killed because they deviated too much

>> No.29623161

Both sides are entirely genocidal.

>> No.29623217

>>29609919
The Great Crusade killed like at least three craftworlds.

>> No.29623295

>>29611452
>you're not going to side with the flies and let them bring him to justice
>437.M38: Eldar Rangers help Imperial colonists to defeat an attack by Dark Eldar raiders.

>> No.29623369

>>29612132
>Imperial forces have the orders to not engage Eldars unless specifically ordered to do so
But that's demonstrably false. Look at the Invaders.

>> No.29623380

>>29620714
>since Emps sat his tight ass on the Throne
The fact that people really think the Emperor wasn't xenophobic as a motherfucker is amusing to me.

>> No.29623415

>>29623380

He originally reached out to xenos species but when every single one ended up being hostile or treacherous he said fuck it and instated a no tolerance policy.

>> No.29623432

>>29623415
>He originally reached out to xenos species
[citation needed]

>> No.29623444

>>29623432
> Emperor wasn't xenophobic as a motherfucker
[citation needed]

>> No.29623453

>>29623444
Uh... I never claimed he wasn't.

>> No.29623456

>>29623432

>As almost all intelligent alien species encountered by Mankind had either proven to be irrevocably hostile to humanity or presented a future threat to human dominance and exploitation of the galaxy, xenos species were generally to be exterminated outright if they presented the slightest threat or obstacle to the Imperium.

>The Emperor led the Space Marines into the reconquest of the Sol System, driving Xenos enslavers from the moons of Saturn and Jupiter and most importantly, achieving peace and eventual integration with the Mechanicum of Mars. This alliance provided the Emperor with much of the means and materiel to extend his crusade into the stars.

>> No.29623483

>>29623456
That says the exact fucking opposite.
>Because they were in the way of the human master race ruling everything everywhere, they were to be exterminated.


>During the Great Crusade, the Iron Hands encountered the Diasporex. The Iron Hands offered the human members of the Diasporex the opportunity to separate from their alien allies and to join the Imperium. They declined. In the upcoming months, the Iron Hands fleet tried to destroy the Diasporex, but the proved to be highly skilled and experienced in naval warfare: They easily evaded crucious battles and even managed to damage an Iron Hands cruiser.

>At this point, the Emperor's Children were called in as reinforcements. They realized, that the Diasporex used hidden space stations to collect fuel from a star, being the reason why they had to stay in that sector. Attacking these stations, the Space Marines fleets lured the Diasporex fleet into open battle, where they were defeated. A brief shipboarding action occurred, in which Solomon Demeter stole the glory of seizing the Diasporex ship from the Primarch Fulgrim. The final words of the alien captain were "We only wished to be left alone".

>> No.29623502

>>29623456

I find it ironic that mankind cries wolf constantly

But is immeasurably stronger than any other rival.

But no matter, the Emperor is infallible and guides us, and if he existed I'd worship him too.

>> No.29623566

>>29610356
>Eldrad's powers of foresight certainly wouldn't have been as well honed as they are in contemporary 40k.

You don't say?

>> No.29623626

Guys.

It's said in the Dark Eldar section in the 6ED Rulebook that the Dark Eldar work actively to ruin relations between humans and the Eldar.

It's said humans can't tell the difference between the different Eldar vessels. So when the Dark Eldar and the Corsairs attack, humanity assumes that all Eldar are violent pirates and xenocidal maniacs. This causes humanity to distrust the Eldar and, in extreme cases, seek and destroy them (Invaders).

>> No.29623666

>>29623626

Then why the fuck are Eldar and Dark Eldar battle brothers in fluff?

Honestly, GW dev team is truly full of morons.

>> No.29623673

>>29623483
>The final words of the alien captain were "We only wished to be left alone".

Ouch.

Fuck the Imperium.

>> No.29623674

>>29623369
Marines are outside the imperium force org. They do what they want until excommunicated.

Flesh terrors eat imperial forces.

>> No.29623690

>>29623674
Still waiting for a source on "don't fight the eldars".

>> No.29623708

>>29623666
Because different factions in both the dark eldar cabal political system and the craftworld/ranger/exodite/pirate communities have different goals?

>> No.29623721

>>29623690
The core rulebook has a line noting that it's general Imperial policy not to take aggressive action against the Eldar; partly because they're allies as often as enemies, and partly because it's extremely hard to find and successfully attack a Craftworld, and in the grand scheme of things, the Imperium has more pressing matters to contend with.

Space Marines, however, aren't exactly known for following Imperial policy when they don't want to.

>> No.29623731

>>29623690
Not the dude but I think it might be a reference to one of the RPG supplements commenting on the routine and cycle movements of craft worlds are ignored.

>> No.29623734

>>29623666
>>29623708
Battle Brothers is too much. Implies the presence of a high trust level between both faction when it truth it doesn't exist.

''Allies of Convenience'' would be right.

>> No.29623741

>>29623721
Which is still hardly an order to not attack the Eldar EVER unless explicitly ordered. More a general policy.

>> No.29623755

>>29623734
in truth*

>> No.29623802

>>29623483
>citation needed citation needed!
>muh HH novels

>> No.29623807

>>29623734
Some craft worlds can in all likely hood trust factions of the dark eldar more than dogmatically opposed craftwords.

>> No.29623813

>>29623802
Glad you have no rebuttal!

>> No.29623819

>>29623666
Because they're like big brother and small brother.

They hate the fuck out of each other and constantly annoy each other. But when an outsider tries to attack, they go all
"What the fuck, you talking shit about my brother? I'm the only one who can annoy him" and then they beat the shit out of the outsider.

It's really adorable.

>> No.29623825

>>29623813

Neither do you, thus there was nothing to rebutt.

>> No.29623837

>>29623825
Considering I directly refuted your point and your response was mockery, I think I won that one.

>> No.29623847

>>29623734
>Implies the presence of a high trust

Or the ability to work smoothly and professionally with one another when the situation forces them together; it's why Space Marines and Tau are Battle Brothers.

In the case of the Craftworld Eldar and Dark Eldar, you've got the Harlequins working as intermediaries to try and pull the two factions together, which accounts for a lot. By and large, the two factions don't particularly hate one another - there's a lot of mutual dislike and distrust, but they pull together against their common enemies when they have to.

>>29623741
Oh, I entirely agree. For what it's worth, here's the full quote;

"For the moment, the Imperium refrains from direct aggressive action against the Eldar on a wide scale. This is partly because the Eldar are numerically a lesser threat when compared to the countless others across the galaxy, and partly because the Eldar are allies almost as often as they are enemies, showing up to battles unbidden and aiding the human cause. However, perhaps the most important reason for the Imperium's lack of effort to assault the Eldar is that bringing the elusive race to battle is far easier said than done."

Page 196.

>> No.29623871

>>29609126

The Eldar are just shit jealous they have no psykers to match human big guns anymore.

Tigurius, Njall, motherfucking Mephiston, myriad Grey Knights, I'm not gonna even mention the Emperor or the Chaos Psykers.

Go extinct already shitty Eldar.

>> No.29623885

>>29623819
It's a big brother who keeps hitting and tormenting his little brother for shits and giggles from the day they knew each other.

I would expect the little brother to flinch when his brother approaches or watch his back for a surprise wet willy or wedgie.

Lets not forget that the Big Brother has on multiple occasions misdirected his bullies to his little brother.

>> No.29623903

>>29623871
>Chaos Psykers.

Which Chaos Eldar shit all over.

>> No.29623925

>>29623673
And if their attitude changed? They had a massive fucking fleet, stuffed to the gills with advanced human and xenotech. Given time they could decide 'fuck the Imperials' and go full pirate, causing untold devastation before being brought down.

>> No.29623929

>>29623871
Suck my Divination, Imperial plebs.

>> No.29623931

>>29623903
Prove it.

>> No.29623938

>>29623847
>However, perhaps the most important reason for the Imperium's lack of effort to assault the Eldar is that bringing the elusive race to battle is far easier said than done."

They brought Alaitoc to battle easy enough. As for the rest of the Craftworld you just need to target maiden and Exodite worlds to draw them.

>> No.29623941

>>29623929
Same Divination Mantis Warriors get?

Eldar cannot into all five lores, lel.

>> No.29623946

It doesn't matter. Nids eat everyone.

The End.

>> No.29623959

>>29623946
Considering that the Nids are on the shitlist of Chaos and the Necrons....

Nope.

>> No.29623961

>>29623946
That's implying a lot considering how bad they suck.

>> No.29623964

>>29623925
That doesn't justify killing them. If their attitude changed and they began making aggressive actions towards the Imperium, then by all means, the Imperium would be justified in retaliating. But you don't get to exterminate entirely peaceful, or at least neutral, societies that just want to be left alone and call yourself the good guys. The Emperor was a cunt.

>> No.29623973

>>29609819
That's hilarious, the blue fish people think they're an actual threat and not at best a mild irritation.

>> No.29623976

>>29623959
Seriously, they've managed to actively piss off every single faction that's not the Dark Eldar.

>> No.29623988

>>29623938
>you just need to target maiden and Exodite worlds to draw them.

That'll bring retaliation from the Eldar, yes, but it's not going to cause the Craftworlds themselves to appear. You'll just get a bunch of pissed-off Aspect warriors appearing out of the webway with their killing faces on.

>> No.29624012

>>29623964
>>or presented a future threat to human dominance and exploitation of the galaxy, xenos species were generally to be exterminated outright if they presented the slightest threat or obstacle to the Imperium.


> or presented a future threat to human dominance and exploitation of the galaxy, xenos species were generally to be exterminated outright if they presented the slightest threat or obstacle to the Imperium.

No threat can be ignored. Minor or huge, now or tomorrow.

The future of humanity can not afford mercy or hesitation.

>call yourself the good guys

Nobody is claiming the Imperium is good. Heck, I am sure some in the Imperium know they have become monsters from all the necessary evil they committed.

>> No.29624018

>>29623964
Yeah you do. There is no biological reason to extend empathy to a non human, we share no genes and they are at best tools for survival and worse direct competitors for resources. Any empathy for them is a behavioral sink and misapplication of a system evolved to social cohesion amongst humans and mutualism with canines.

>> No.29624029

>>29623976
Vect is interested in the Nids in the 990+.

He might order his minions to act to preserve the Dark Eldae hunting grounds.

>> No.29624049

>>29623988
The Imperium can spare the numbers. The Eldar can not.

Bleeding their warriors dry in futile wars will weaken the Craftworlds and put them in danger.

>> No.29624091

>>29624049
Fair enough. But it doesn't change the fact that the Eldar are still useful alive; like you said, the Imperium can always spare the losses, so putting up with their piracy and meddling is probably worth the occasions where they turn up and stop a sector being bent over a barrel by Chaos.

>> No.29624113

>>29611137
Just like real life.

>> No.29624364

>>29624091
>But it doesn't change the fact that the Eldar are still useful alive

Problematic Craftworlds like Biel-tan are more useful dead, I imagine.

>> No.29624716

>>29624364

I'm not even going to MENTION how Eldrad died like a moron after 10,000 years of posing as the "god of smartness".

And all the fucking brooding and depression and lack of expansion.

I'm suprised Humans and or Tau just dont laugh heartily and say "Kill yourselves Eldar you are just pathetic gtfo of the galaxy"

>> No.29624753

>>29624716
>Tau telling the Eldar they're pathetic

>> No.29624782

>>29624716
>I'm not even going to MENTION how Eldrad died like a moron after 10,000 years of posing as the "god of smartness".
To the cunning plan of the God of Chaos itself.
Also
> Tau
> laugh at anyone

>> No.29624785

>>29624753
>39K Tau stalemating the forces of the greatest craftworld with primitive suits and Fire warrior formations while the Eldar had Wraithknights and other advanced weapons in their arsenal

They earned the right, yes.

>> No.29624793

>>29623976
Dark Eldar too.
Dark Eldar provided artifact to slaighter them en masse so CWE can do some biopurge.

>> No.29624807

>>29624785
You're not going to consider it.
Because if you do you're gonna accept that 2nd sphere tau are also better than every other foe Iyanden defeated.
I.E. anyone.

>> No.29624899

>>29624807
>Because if you do you're gonna accept that 2nd sphere tau are also better than every other foe Iyanden defeated.

Well, the Eldar met a foe that doesn't rely much on numbers and is very speedy and mobile, and also actually has a grasp on decent technology and battlefield tactics. Not surprising that the Eldar could not handle them as easily as they did the Imperium and the Orks.

As for the Tau, they have seen the powerlevel of the Eldar and rose to the challenge. It's beyond a doubt (IMO) that should that battle had happened in the Third Sphere, the Eldar would have been crushed.

>> No.29625025

>>29624899
Except they fought DE who is exactly this with technology over the top since ever.

>> No.29625056

>come back to /tg/, see this thread is still up
>and now HE's in it

>> No.29625084

>>29609126
>implying the background - written in the 80s by Metal Heads - for a game of Only War, Nothing Else, Gib Moneys Nao is actually a "plot."

Dumbest hole, indeed.

>> No.29625371

>>29625084

You're over simplifying the beauty of 40K lore.

Its Michael Moorcock-esque dystopian Byronian fantasy.

There are no alternatives.

Maybe if they evolve like they have for the past 5-10 years into better than more reasonable lore, they WILL one day become mainstream (by mainstream I mean mainstream for the intelligent people).

>> No.29625554

>>29623871
I'm a regular unnamed Farseer and I still can't hear you over my base Mastery level of three, Mon'Keigh.

>> No.29625579

>>29625554
Is this supposed to be impressive or something?

>> No.29625632

>>29625579
Tigurius and others are ML3.

>> No.29625644

>>29625632
I am aware of this.
Ahriman is ML4.

>> No.29625673

>>29611402
>conquer a world without firing a shot.
Diplomacy and expansion of the glorious Tau Empire is the way to most effectively do that, friend.

>> No.29625693

>>29625673
>>29624716
>Tau Internet Defence Force

>> No.29625718

>>29625693
That guy is actually worse than TIDF.

>> No.29625740

>>29625718
Hey, this is a two man TIDF operation!

>> No.29625746

Well, Mephiston is a fucking mini-primarch.
Njal is backed up by THE SIPRIT OF FENRIS.
It's reasonable they will be devastating as fuck.
I have no excuse for Tigurius though.

>> No.29625823

>>29609126

Imperial Value System:
"Do whatever the emperor says. Simples."
>But the emperor isn't picking up the voxbox mang
"The do whatever the emperor's sprawling bureauocratic legacy of checks and balances that has collapses into a self defeating yet remarkably stable mess, albeit one full of contradictions commands."

Old Eldar Value System
"Motherfucker, we're the Eldar, bro, CHUG CHUG CHUG, yeah bang that ho, CHECK AT ASS, AWWWW YEA-
>A wild Slaanesh approaches
"Ah fuck, e'erything is tasting purple-

New Eldar Value System
>Juggling exfratboy survivor guilt with self loathing, staggering disbelief that they're in a situation where they need to pass the torch and a keen awareness that whatever comes next is going to be a clusterfuck.

>Currently not taking applications for a new BFF.

I believe this explains the situations. Also explains how Eldar could ally with Orks back in the fucking crazy old editions. Shit happens when you party naked and all.

Real reason Squats disappeared?
Rumour that they smelled like cocaine. Eldar tested it extensively

>> No.29625883

>>29625823
Uh... in 6e Eldar can ally with Orks. Desperate Allies, but still.

Fun fact, Orkish has roots in a corrupted form of the Eldar language.

>> No.29625937

>>29625883
>Eldar can ally with Orks. Desperate Allies, but still.

And lo, the slashfic writers remained loyal customers, and there was much nodding and sage appreciation from the shareholders.

>> No.29625968

>>29625937
You are sorely tempting me to post "squad broken".

>> No.29626237

>>29625883
fun fact:
they've been created by the same race

>> No.29626286

>>29626237
I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge.

>> No.29626361

>>29609126
That would imply that allying with the Eldar would make the Imperium immeasurably stronger.

>> No.29626448

>>29610374
Doesn't mean he should have gone to Fulgrim. Even assuming Fulgrim is loyal, why the hell would he believe the Eldar or tattle on Horus? If Eldrad wasn't an idiot he should have chosen a primarch willing to consider the idea that Horus may have fallen to Chaos, or a primarch that would actively want Horus out of the way, Magnus, Sanguinius, Guilliman, even Lion would have been much better choices, even assuming Fulgrim is loyal.

>> No.29626501

>>29623295
Eldar rangers are outcasts from Eldar society. They do not represent Eldar or craftworld society at large.

>> No.29626517

>>29623964
>But you don't get to exterminate entirely peaceful, or at least neutral, societies that just want to be left alone and call yourself the good guys.
You know what, that's a valid point that I was mulling over the other day. We just see the Imperium as the good guys because the fluff is written from it's perspective and because there are way worse things out there that will eat your flesh and your soul.

But thing is, most of the shit the Imperium do fits perfectly the modus operandi of classic evil empires that heroes usually fight against. Take the Empire in SW, they are the big baddies in that setting, but compared to the shit the Imperium do on a daily basis the Empire was quite all right. Or at least way more chill in its evil empireness.

>> No.29626576

>>29626517
The Imperial would see the Galactic Empire as a pack of liberal hippies.

>> No.29626669

>>29624012
"There is no place for the weakwilled or hesitant. Only by firm action and resolute faith will mankind survive. No sacrifice is too great. No treachery too small."
-Liber Doctrina Ordo Hereticus, Chapter XXVIII "Exterminatus"

‘THEN WE MUST BE MALEVOLENT TOO. FOR WE HAVE EXPELLED OUR SENTIMENTALITY LONG AGO. HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE ENDURED? HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE IMPOSED OUR RULE?’
‘YET BY VIRTUE OF THAT WE ARE PURE AND UNCONTAMINATED BY WEAKNESS. WE ARE GRIM SALVATION.'

‘NOTHING THAT SAFEGUARDS HUMANITY CAN BE EVIL, NOT EVEN THE MOST STRENUOUS INHUMANITY. IF THE HUMAN RACE FAILS, IT HAS FAILED FOREVER.’

'WHEN WE CONFRONTED THE CORRUPTED, HOMICIDAL HORUS WHO ONCE USED TO SHINE LIKE THE BRIGHTEST STAR, WHO USED TO BE OUR BELOVED FAVOURITE – WHEN THE FATE OF THE GALAXY HUNG BY A THREAD – WERE WE NOT COMPELLED TO EXPEL ALL COMPASSION? ALL LOVE? ALL JOY? THOSE WENT AWAY. HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE ARMOURED OURSELVES? EXISTENCE IS TORMENT, A TORMENT THAT MUST NOURISH US. EVIDENTLY WE MUST STRIVE TO BE THE FIERCE REDEEMER OF MAN, YET WHAT WILL REDEEM US?’

‘WE ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF GOODNESS, SEVERE AND DRASTIC. THERE IS NO OTHER SOURCE OF HOPE THAN US. WE ARE AGONISINGLY ALONE.’

- The God-Emperor of Mankind

>> No.29626695

>>29626517
In fact, the 6e rulebook pretty much states that most alien races the Imperium wipes out are a lot nicer than it.

>> No.29626720

Humanity is retarded.

>Overly religious zealot nun sisters who burn their own team.
>Hyper dick secret agent Inquisitors who think they know everything.
>Dumb ass space marines who think they're special snowflakes.
>Regressive and autistic Adeptus Mechanicus.
>Your average guardsmen can barely read, let alone prove reliable in this great war.

I'd sooner team up with orks or Dark Eldar. Sure they might gut or rape me, but at least they're good at gutting and raping.

>> No.29626749

>>29626576

Imperium is more like Draka (with genocide instead of enslavement) than GE. The latter had humans as first class citizens, but still got aliens that showed competency in various high positions and neither genocided or enslaved "lower races" as a rule.

>> No.29626764

>>29626720
You underestimate what an awesome achievement 10,000 years of a Type III civilization is.

It's horrendously difficult to make a millenia last on a PLANET let alone a galaxy.

Imperium is on par with the Old Ones regarding keeping the civilization on top of the game.

Whatever means are necessary they do it.

And it's a shitty inquisitor that people didn't fear and hate. They are there for a reason, rule and enforce through fear.

>> No.29626784

>>29626749
>with genocide instead of enslavement
Read this carefully.

>neither genocided or enslaved "lower races" as a rule
Wookies were slaves. And the EU had straight up genocide happening but the EU is retarded.

>> No.29626803

>>29626764
>Imperium is on par with the Old Ones regarding keeping the civilization on top of the game.

The Eldar ruled the galaxy for millions of years.

>> No.29626829

>>29626784

Palpatine's Empire is a fucking daytime children's studio show compared to the brutality of 40k.

>muh death star oh no alderaan's death

bitch, they sterilize planets on 40k just to make sure some spoilers about chaos don't get out

>> No.29626837

>>29626803
>The Eldar ruled the galaxy for millions of years.
The Eldar had absolutely no challengers save the orks (lel), were immortal, and had amazing technology bestowed upon them by the Old Ones.

>> No.29626850

>>29609126
It's like you haven't even heard of the real world...

>> No.29626859

>>29626784
So what kind of aliens are enslaved?

>> No.29626862

>>29626829
I'm not sure where I said they were on par in evil. I did say the Imperium would consider them liberal hippies.

I was just saying both the Imperium and the Empire enslave aliens.

>> No.29626911

>>29626859
There were Tau and Kroot slaves working in imperial factories to supply the Achilles Crusade in Deathwatch (RPG).

>> No.29626922

>>29626859
The little fluff that's gone into it basically says aliens can CHOOSE enslavement over genocide, Ur-Quan style, but in most cases enslavement is just either specific cases of specific aliens (which is what Sanctioned Aliens are) or otherwise aliens being enslaved and made to work themselves to death for their Imperial masters or used as cannon fodder.

>> No.29627029

1) Watchers in the dark serve the emperor directly (regarding Lion's stasis) and are xenos
2) Jokaero commanding awe and respect

alien enslavement in imperium my ass

>> No.29627084

>>29627029
>Watchers in the dark serve the emperor directly (regarding Lion's stasis) and are xenos
Watchers in the Dark are the bitches of the Dark Angels and seem to have no aspiration but to serve.
>Jokaero commanding awe and respect
Jokaero are about as intelligent as a chimpanzee, and still according to Pandorax having one as a pet is skirting the edges of heresy.

>> No.29627118

>>29627084
lol you're a fucking moron

Jokaero are smarter and more inventive than even the Fabricator General

my bullshit counter suddenly went off the chart, had to correct you

>> No.29627140

>>29627118
>Jokaero are smarter and more inventive than even the Fabricator General
...Are you retarded? The Jokaero race is completely non-sapient. They are basically chimpanzees with an inexplicable innate knowledge of technology. And have been since Rogue Trader.

>> No.29627162

So you're telling me that the only thing preventing Sophocles from living longer and spreading more wisdom was pride?

>> No.29627200

>>29609126
Can't wait to see Russia and China team up to smack down Americ- oh wait, that won't happen because they hate each other.

>> No.29627264

>>29626448
He'd seen how the Emperor's Children had spared the maiden worlds in the area, in direct contrast to the Great Crusade's policy of conquering everything in sight, and thus felt that maybe Fulgrim would be more open to reason than the others. He was horribly wrong of course, but oh well, you live and learn.

>Yes, the mon-keigh were a brutal race that lived for conquest, but these humans had behaved in a manner unlike any he had witnessed before, and he fervently hoped that this Fulgrim might be the one with the wit to bear his warning to the ruler of his race.


>‘Indeed,’ confirmed Eldrad. ‘When first we realised you were traversing our territory, we thought to attack, but when we saw that you simply passed onwards without attempting to settle worlds that were not yours, I desired to know why.’

>‘I knew that to despoil such beautiful worlds would be wrong,’ said Fulgrim.

>‘It would have been wrong,’ agreed Eldrad. ‘These maiden worlds have been awaiting the coming of my people for aeons. To try and take them from us would have been a grave mistake.’

>‘Is that a threat?’ asked Fulgrim.

>‘A promise,’ warned Eldrad. ‘You have displayed a restraint we have not come to expect from your race, Lord Fulgrim. After all, you are led by a warrior known as the Warmaster and your aim is to conquer the galaxy for your own kind, regardless of the sovereignty or desires of the races with which you share it. I do not mean to antagonise you when I say that this is monstrously arrogant.’

>Solomon expected Fulgrim’s anger to be incandescent, but the primarch merely smiled and said, ‘I am no expert on history, but did your race not once claim to have ruled the galaxy?’

>‘Claim? We did rule it once, and it was thanks to our arrogance and complacence that we lost it. But do not ask of such things again, for I will speak no more of those lost days.’

>> No.29627316

>>29627264

>fulgrim outwitting Eldrad and owning him in argument. priceless.

>> No.29627494

I wish the eldar were more badass and less "I CAN SEE THE FUTURE OH WAIT SHIT I FUCKED UP NOW WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE".

>> No.29627515

>>29627200
More often than not, citizens of most nations don't hate anyone in particular.

>> No.29627778

>>29609802
The codexes that shit on them almost as hard as space marine codexes do. Right.

Eldar technology won't work, because it's all psychic. HERESY.

Eldar culture? HERESY.

Eldar themselves? FILTHY XENOS. HERESY.

Eldrad was powerful as all hell, but couldn't use it all. He could cast 4000 runes, with your average farseer handling a hundred or so - but still, HERESY.

Fuck off.

>> No.29627804

>>29627515
Ever been to the Balkans?

>> No.29627825

>>29627778
>The codexes that shit on them almost as hard as space marine codexes do. Right.

Don't exaggerate.

Eldarwank is the second most obnoxious wank in the setting.

>> No.29627873

>>29627825
Is that you, Carnac anon?

>> No.29627973 [SPOILER] 

>>29627873
Yes

>> No.29628566

>>29627804
>>29627804
What's that supposed to mean?

>> No.29628763

>>29609802

Why would Eldar need to condescend to the Imperium's whim when they can manipulate them into being an Ork roadblock just fine?

>> No.29628785

>>29628763
To prevent stuff like this (>>29623566) from happening.

>> No.29628815

>>29611856
>Biel Tan invaded the Eye of Terror during the 13th Black Crusade and established a beachhead on a demonworld. That goes way beyond bog-standard fucking crazy.

What book did they do that in? Fucking Biel-Tan mang. Dem Aspect Warriors...

>> No.29628946

>>29624049

But that's the thing. The Imperium doesn't have the numbers to fight the war it's fighting. Precisely because Imperium is stupid and xenophobic enough to try and attack Eldar they've found themselves fighting a war on all fronts against Chaos, Nids, Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar and more. Hell they even declared a crusade on the fucking Tau when they don't have enough resources to fight Chaos let alone the Nids. No wonder they're on the precipice of extinction. Eldar despite their numbers are at least able to hide in the webway and attack on their own terms. Imperium flap their dick on the risk table and call everyone in the room faggots.

>> No.29628965

>>29624716

>Eldrad
>Dead

Just how out of date are you?

>> No.29628998

>>29628946
>Precisely because Imperium is stupid and xenophobic enough to try and attack Eldar
ELDAR DIN DO NUFFIN
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Scouring_of_Gnosis

>> No.29629048

Why would the imperium ally with xenos whom their god told them in person that they should kill?

Why would eldar ally with primitives who tried to exterminate them at their weakest?

>> No.29629067

>>29628998

Fucking Saim-Hann will fight anyone anywhere. They'll fight themselves if they have to. They're basically lanky orks. They even believe red makes em go faster.

>> No.29629068

>>29629048
Because if they don't ally the forces of destruction will get them.

>> No.29629080

>>29626669
>when we confronted Horus
>quote claims to be from The Emperor
citation needed

>> No.29629086

>>29629068

They regard each other as unusually polite forces of destruction.

>> No.29629093

>>29629080
Inquisitor. The book.

>> No.29629110

>>29629048

Didn't The Emperor even hear about Eldrad's accusation of Fulgrim's corruption, or at least a general accusation of Fulrgim's corruption, and basically respond by calling Eldar faggots that need to die? I'm just going by what I read on /tg/. Does that sound familiar to anyone that read the HH books? I know that Emps definitely had a firm anti-xenos policy, retard that he is.

>> No.29629119

>>29629068
You mean the forces that can't wait to fuck each other over left and right?

>> No.29629134

>>29609802
Eldrad was there biggest "we should work together with the Humans and Tau" out there

>> No.29629152

>>29629134
There isn't a single Eldar&Tau bro moment in the fluff.

That's a shame.

>> No.29629159

>>29628566
Slavs.

>> No.29629216

>>29629159
It's not so much about hating your neighbor but about loving your country. But I assure you, Balkan will step together if shit will go down on us.

>> No.29629273

>>29629216
Yeah, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, and Kosovo really get along, I hear.

>> No.29629354

>>29627200
Even with their combined strength they are still no match to America.
Hell the combine force of the entire world will at best stagnent it with America

US force are OP and needs nerf.

>> No.29629569

>>29628815
It was mentioned in the Eye of Terror campaign conclusion (official pdf attached).

>EIDOLON
>The mysterious sector of Eidolon, deep in the heart of the Eye of Terror, is one of the most remote and peculiar of the daemon worlds fought upon during the Thirteenth Crusade. Divided into several continents where a different Chaos power reigns over each, the battlezones of Eidolon present a panoply of strange and excruciating ways to die. Its shifting landscapes defy all reason, and, although it was once a beautiful maiden world of the Eldar, it has changed so irrevocably that no real trace of its former glory exists. Nonetheless, the victories won by the forces of Order, notably the Eldar of Biel-tan, have established several enclaves of sanity in the roiling seas of possibility that characterise Eidolon. The Eldar hope that one day these islands can grow and become stable, and that eventually the secrets of Eidolon can be reclaimed.

Eidolon was also the daemon world featured in the Bloodquest graphic novel.

>> No.29629604

>>29629273
>let me tell you about your country

>> No.29629621

>>29629604
Remember that whole genocide thing? I do.

>> No.29629635

>>29629569

Oh sweet, I had always thought EOT was an Ulthwe only affair. I thought it was weird the other craftworlds hadn't shown up during a major chaos incursion. I think it's hilarious the only reason they showed up was due to MUH MAIDEN WORLD.

>> No.29629709

>>29609126

in an identical setting with realistic personalities, yes, Eldar and Imperium would be great allies. like Hitler and the Mousse. But if Italy had been a viable long term ally.

>> No.29629713

>>29629635
Iyanden is busy with the Tyranids and Necrons.

Alaitoc is busy with the Necrons.

Saim-Hann is stuck between two Hive Fleets and it can't escape.

Only Ulthwe and Biel Tan of the major Craftworlds are free to engage Chaos.

>> No.29629730

>>29629621
There were a million reasons for the wars. And it wasn't hating the other country, it was protecting yours. We have a strong nationalistic mind set that overrides all.And we don't forget our history. We remember every blood spilled, every wrong done to us. But we also remember all the time we stepped together. If you ignore the Turks, Balkan Slavs have never been conquered by war in all of our history

>> No.29629732

>>29609126
It's mostly rascism, not arrogance.

Anyway, the space marines prefer to ally with necrons, since the eldar are just too heretical and xenos in comparison.

>> No.29629755

>>29629730
Genocide is about protecting your country! This just in!

>> No.29629790

>>29629730
>If you ignore the Turks

That's a nice big fat if there.

Sidenote, has anyone ever tried to take over the Balkans, besides the Turks?

>> No.29629792

>>29627118
>lol you're a fucking moron

Jokaero are able to invent random things with materials that they have available, but are about as smart as an animal otherwise. You can't tell it what to do or have a conversation with it. You basically just put stuff near it and hope magic happens.

Of course, according to rogue trader, anything you put in front of it will be used to create a device in which to escape captivity, but I guess the grey knights solved that problem.

>my bullshit counter suddenly went off the chart, had to correct you

>> No.29629813

>>29629730
>defending genocide

>> No.29629826

>>29629792
>Of course, according to rogue trader, anything you put in front of it will be used to create a device in which to escape captivity, but I guess the grey knights solved that problem.
Who says they're captive? Maybe they befriended them and keep them in bananas.

>> No.29629834

>>29629730
>If you ignore the Turks, Balkan Slavs have never been conquered by war in all of our history

This shit is the fucking best. "If you ignore every time we've lost, then we never lose!"

>> No.29629868

>>29629713

Iyanden busy with Necrons? They only ever had one interaction with them that I know of and it was an easy victory for Yriel. Last I checked in their timeline they were looking for the Tears of Morai Hegg after Biel-Tan helped them destroy nids during the Bio-purge.

>> No.29629871

>>29629755
>>29629813
I'm not defending genocide. And I'm not Serbian. I'm just saying we see this wars differently than the outsiders.

>> No.29629930

>>29629834
>>29629790
"if you ignore all the times the English lost battles, then they won the Hundred Years War."
"if you ignore Waterloo, then Napoleon won."
"if you ignore the fall of the Roman Empire, then it still exists."

>> No.29630043

Speaking of Pragmatism, are the Salamanders pragmatic? Or are they just bros to Imperial Citizens?

>> No.29630057

>>29629868
I assume he's referring to this in the Newcron codex:

>Iyanden’s Farseers have sensed a peril before their craftworld that is, in its way, as great a threat as the Tyranid menace that lies behind.

But ironically, the Ward-written Iyanden supplement doesn't say anything about it, aside from the brief mention of Yriel slapping away M'kar and the Sautekh like you said.

>> No.29630072

HEE HEE, STUPID MONKEIGH, I TRICKED YOU INTO KILLING MY ARMY

>captcha: Elves wisedAm

>> No.29630171

>>29630072
Anon, Dawn of War campaigns aren't how Eldar always operate.

>> No.29630174

>>29630057

I guess the farseers saw his bullshit coming and told Yriel to fuck him up.

>> No.29630184

>>29629868
Yriel could have dealt with a Tomb World or two or misdirected the Necrons to another target like he did with M'kar.

The Sautekh are too mighty and huge and are marching to war. It would take an alliance between the three major players (Max of 2) to drive them away.

>>29630057
Yriel left Iyanden, right?

The Sautekh are mobilizing for conquest of the Eastern Fringes and beyond in the 999 41K. I say Iyanden, Ultamar, and the Tau Empire are in peril.

Indeed, Calgar are dreading facing a sinister xenos mind which is like nothing they faced before and the power he commands.

>> No.29630204

>>29630184
Calgar and Tigga.

>> No.29630206

>>29630171
Uh... since when? Look at Orar's Sepulchre.
Also DoW is canon.

>> No.29630237

>>29630206
>Look at Orar's Sepulchre

A Mary Sue of the Mary Sue chapter outsmarts someone else. Fucking shocking.

>> No.29630259

>>29630184
>misdirected the Necrons to another target like he did with M'kar.

That was Sunspear not Yriel. Yriel just "despatched them with ease". Iyanden gives no fucks.

>> No.29630284

>>29630237
Deal with it NERD. It's canon.
Also refer to Eldorath Starbane. In general.

>> No.29630314

>>29630284
Orar's Sepulchre wasn't an example of "I tricked you into killing my army." It was just an example of the Eldar getting beaten.

So, once again, I submit that Dawn of War-tier plot lines are not how the Eldar typically operate.

>> No.29630360

>>29630259
So did Sicarius on Damnos but the power of the Sautekh can not easily be halted.

>‘You would have me replace him?’

>‘I would,’ said Tigurius.

>‘And who could replace him? Sicarius? Ventris? Galenus?’

>‘It is not my place to say.’

>‘Since when has that ever stopped you?’

>‘This decision must be yours and yours alone,’ said Tigurius. ‘Much depends upon you making the right choice.’

>Calgar heard the subtext.

>‘Is there something I need to know?’

>‘Many things,’ said Tigurius. ‘But chief among them is that a new enemy gathers, an inhuman foe whose ancient mind is beyond anything we have faced before.’

>Tigurius looked up into the face of the Avenging Son.

>‘And we must be ready to face it.’

The Sautekh comes and Ultramar gonna need all the help they gonna get.

Also place your votes for the new captain of 1st company. The old one kinda went nuts after a run in with M'kar and his Daemons.

>> No.29630373

>>29630314
>Orar's Sepulchre wasn't an example of "I tricked you into killing my army."
How wasn't it? "FOOLISH MON-KEIGH WE NEED THIS RELIC OF YOURS AND WON'T TELL YOU WHY"
"OH NO WE'RE ALL DYING TO A VASTLY INFERIOR FORCE OF SPACE MARINES WHY"

>> No.29630397

>>29630284
>Eldorath Starbane

The Necrons cheated.

It wasn't his fault.

>> No.29630401

>>29630360

I'm confused Carnac. What does any of that have to do with Yriel beating the Sautekh Dynasty?

>> No.29630409

>>29630397
>The Necrons cheated.
HE cheated and STILL was given to the Ultramarines as their elf buttslave!

>> No.29630429

>>29630373
Yeah, that wasn't their plan. Their plan was to get the artifact and then leave.

A Dawn of War plan would be "We didn't really want the artifact anyway, we sacrificed ten thousand of our guys to delay the mighty space marines for twenty minutes for no reason."

>> No.29630456

>>29630206
>>29630237

Who is this Orar guy anyway? I know he was a spess marine during the Horus Heresy, he has an Ultramarines Successor Chapter than venerates him but has forgotten the story of its founding.

>> No.29630467

>>29630401
Yriel might have defeated members of the Sautekh Dynasty (The mary sue he is) but the Stormlotrd and his Dynasty are still going strong and marching to conquer that entire region.

If Iyanden doesn't stand with Ultramar, it's gonna join them on the chopping block right along with the Tau Empire.

>> No.29630493

>>29630429
Hey, they actually manage to make Eldorath Starbane look competent. You should be happy about that.

Especially Elenwe. My god, Elenwe.

>> No.29630496

>>29630409
The battle was technically won for the Eldar, though!

>> No.29630512

>>29630456
He was just an Ultramarines captain. I don't think he even did anything that fuckawesome.

>> No.29630516

>>29630493
ELENWE BEST FARSEER!

>> No.29630521

>>29630314
>eldar sacrifices himself to become the avatar (of khaine?)
>touchy feely cutscene
>muh sacrifice
>muh strenght and indestructibility
>I kill the Avatar by forcing him to follow 3 surviving IG troopers circling a LV1 outpost for like 10minutes until he dies
>mfw

>> No.29630529

>>29630496
The battle where six Eldar died for every dead Ultramarine? Truly masterful.

>> No.29630530

>>29630493
Forgive me if I could not give a shit about losing to necrons in their own codex.

>> No.29630549

>>29630530
Even if they made a novel series about it?

>> No.29630686

>>29630529
Technically that was only a single off-screen scuffle at the end, since up till then the Ultramarines and Eldar had been (distrustful) allies. The Necrons were driven off, and the Eldar objective was achieved, but they had to throw the Necrons a bone because it was their inaugural battle report.

However, the Siege of Somonor in the Necron codex was a true failure in every way.

>> No.29630687

>>29630516
SHE GOT A CRAFTWORLD DEVOURED BY KHORNE.
SHE KILLED BIEL-TAN'S SEER COUNCIL AND EVERYONE IN THEIR WAY.
SHE ALSO KILLED A BUNCH OF ELDAR FOR NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL IN THAT SIDE MISSION WHERE YOU GET THE AVATAR.
ELENWE IS FUCKING RETARDED.

ALSO IDRANEL IS WAY HOTTER.

>> No.29630929

>>29630687
Kayleth did all of that. Elenwe was dragged along helplessly, she was faultless and innocent. She tried, oh Isha, she tried. But what can a cute mute Farseer do against such hubris and stubbornness.

However, despite all the setbacks, her prophecy saved Ulthwe from destruction at the hand of the Necrontyr. She can raise her head in pride for that accomplishment.

>ALSO IDRANEL IS WAY HOTTER.

HERSEY!
BLASPHEMY!
LIES!

IDRANEL IS AN UGLY WHORE

>> No.29630981

>>29630929
SHE'S A FARSEER! SHE IS IN CHARGE! IT WAS ALL BASED ON HER PROPHECIES! WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

Also Elenwe will never be as hot as Idranel. Deal with it fag.

>> No.29631173

>>29629730
Stalin was a Turk? I thought he was Georgian

>> No.29631636

>>29631173
>tfw you're a Turk
>never been vassals to any other race ever
>no wonder the Emprah was born in Turkey

>> No.29631697

>>29630687
>SHE KILLED BIEL-TAN'S SEER COUNCIL AND EVERYONE IN THEIR WAY.

To be fair, Biel Tan probably saw that as a bonus. I mean, yeah, obviously she'll be on their shitlist forever afterwards because you don't fuck with the green and whites, but its the Exarchs of the Court of the Young King who rule the Stormwind. And really, when you look at the recent track records of Farseers, can you blame them? Even when they give their own guys a shot it tends to end badly. No wonder they turned to psychotic violence, its the only thing that seems to work.

>> No.29631710

>>29631636
Well, no one ever saw any point in conquering you.

>> No.29631783

>>29623502
Things don't have to exist to be able to be worshipped.

>> No.29631959

>>29625644
and he got raped by a harlequin psyker

>> No.29631993

>>29626517
Wait, people think the imperium are the good guys at any point?

>> No.29631994

>>29631710
Turks actually have a successive Empire list which starts with the Xiong-Nu (proto Turks) called the Huns.

Then the Gokturks.

Then the Khazar and Ghaznavids.

Then the Seljuks.

Then the Ottomans.

They are for all intents and purposes the highest score militaristic/imperial civilization since they've been conquering and ruling nonstop since 400AD.

>> No.29632079

>>29631636

Debatable; if you're talking about the Anatolian peninsula the Romans owned it for a long time, as did they Byzantimes.

If you're talking about the ethnic Turkic people from central Asia, they've been conquered fairly regularly.

That said, yes the Ottoman empire was a pretty impressive institution at it's height, and it took an awfully long time to die, and the modern Turks have an impressive military history. Pity about Ergodan is all.

>> No.29632115

Basically imperium and eldar is like Muslims and Christians (bit of both in each)
The force keeping the former apart is chaos (esp tzeentch) the later the Jews

>> No.29632261

>>29630467

No justification for assuming Stormlord himself wasn't there when Yriel humbled his dynasty.

>For you Imotekh, the day Yriel graced your dynasty was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.

>> No.29632268

>>29632079
Erdogan wants pride in the Ottoman Empire - the emasculation of the 2 greatest military non Jewish powers in the near East is directly attributable to the military dictatorships that ruled both for ages : officer class that join up only to get control of various industries and get kickbacks
And who has kept those juntas in power? The same country that until recently was a big ally of both - Israel

>> No.29632310

>>29632268
Why does everything have to be about Jews with you people

>> No.29632346

>>29632079
Actually, I dont want to be a dick, but youre wrong.

Central Asian Turks, the ancestors of like 80% modern Turks were never conquered or dominated by another nation.

They were a successive chain of militaristic Empires until 1923. Huns (proto Turk Xiong Nu)-->Gokturks--->Khazars/Ghaznavids--->Seljuks--->Ottomans

I'm talking about "the place to be" as an ethnic Turk throughout history. They even had several major Empires during the same period.

Genghis Khan was so impressed by their archery and horseback tactics, he declared them racially equal to the mongols and chose many generals from Turkic nobles. Subutai, his greatest, was a Kyrgyz from the Fergana Valley (theyre Turkic).

>> No.29632371

>dont play 40k
>read very fluff 40k thread

Its like im skipping the hours of pointless 'MY CODEX SAYS I DO THISSS', rulers, and shitty player base but still get to sit in the cool kids room.

>> No.29632693

>>29632346

I was thinking of the various states they created; like the Timurid empire, or the Golden Horde in Russia. The pattern is one of expansion, gradual corruption, and then being conquered in turn. However, fair point, the Anatolian peninsula after the Mongol-Turkic migration has not been occupied or conquered.

>> No.29632857

>>29631636
He predates your whole race.

>> No.29632908

>>29632261
You know how big his dynasty is? Plenty reason to imagine that.

>> No.29633068

>>29632908

4 score tomb worlds. A tiny empire.

>> No.29633220

>>29609126
no, its xenophobia on the side of the imperium and magic space fortune telling on the eldar side.

to the eldar they already know how the war ends, so they don't feel the need to work with monkeys

>> No.29633255

>>29633068
Way bigger than the Tau!

>> No.29633423

>>29629152
Except the implications from taus origin in xenology implying they are a craftworld project.

>> No.29633507

>>29633255

Actually way smaller. Tau have hundreds of worlds. When you're smaller than the Tau you are fucking chump change.

>> No.29633901

>>29609126

Yes, that stand up to reality's logic, wherein the human race has never waged war on itself for our more than adequate resources, let a alone needlessly.

>> No.29633948

>>29633507
No they don't.

>> No.29634137

>>29633948

They have over a hundred at least. More than Sautekh.

>> No.29634148

>>29633507
The Tau have a hundred worlds. They started when, M37? Imotekh started in 781.M41.
Tau a shit.

>> No.29634230

>>29634148

Still means Tau are more of a threat as it stands. Sautekh Dynasty is a joke.

>> No.29634239

>>29630467
> blaming Yriel for being sue
> defending Imotekh

>> No.29634320

>>29629569
>>29628815
IIRC with help of Maugan Ra.

>> No.29634330

>>29629790
Italians did. But they are tards.

>> No.29634452

>>29634320

Apparently Maugan Ra fought on Belial IV, not Eidolon.

>> No.29634570

>>29634137
>>29633507
Sources, please. Their codex gives them 8 septs (colonized systems) from 1st sphere expansion, over a dozen from 2nd sphere and so far almost 3 (Mu'gulath Bay isn't a full sept as of yet). And this doesn't take into account possible lost septs. The map on pg. 21 of their codex only shows 17 septs.

>> No.29634614

>>29634570
>almost 3

From 3rd sphere expansion.

>> No.29634693

>>29634570

You realize a sept is a system of planets, not a single planet?

>> No.29634705

>>29634230
The Tau are a travesty, then. Four thousand years for one hundred worlds? That is one world every forty years! The Great Crusade was two hundred years long and took a million!

>> No.29634753

>>29634705
Even funnier, the Tau lifespan is 40 years. So that's one world per generation on average.

>> No.29634825

>>29634705

It's over a hundred. Doesn't say much about Necrons when one of the greatest dynasties could be wiped out by the least threatening faction. Tau do kinda suck. Apparently still more of a presence than Crons. Probably because Crons cannot into FTL anymore.

>> No.29635114

>>29634825
4000 years for 100 worlds versus 218 years for 80. Honestly I know which one is a real threat. Also Tau cannot into FTL either anymore. They have drives that go ALMOST as fast as light.

>> No.29635367

>>29635114

Doesn't change the fact that Tau are bigger and stronger as it stands. Also, they got 5 new systems during the EOT campaign and are still expanding. Nothing in new Tau codex retcons FTL. Crons however did get specifically retconned, without which they have very little means of threatening anyone on a meaningful scale. Tau tech > Cron tech. Tau don't have to beg for scraps from Eldar.

>> No.29635760

>>29635367
>they got 5 new systems during the EOT campaign
The reconned one?
>Nothing in new Tau codex retcons FTL.
Apart from the very specific fact they have to use cryostasis for any journey of length because no FTL. Did you even read it?
>Crons however did get specifically retconned, without which they have very little means of threatening anyone on a meaningful scale.
lolwut
>Tau tech > Cron tech
u havin a gigle m8? Tau tech < Imperial tech.
>Tau don't have to beg for scraps from Eldar.
Yeah, instead they're begging scraps from ORKS. Seriously read the codex. Bitches haven't even figured out fusion!

>> No.29636092

>>29635760

Nowhere does it say that they no longer have FTL. There is no reason to believe that has changed it all and the third sphere of expansion implies the same shit took place. And yet, poor necrons cannot master space travel and are doomed to be outnumbered by pathetically small races like Tau in a tiny bumblefuck corner of the universe. Such is the tragedy of the necrons.

>> No.29636460

>>29636092
>Nowhere does it say that they no longer have FTL.
It most certainly does. Their Warp capabilities are gone.
>There is no reason to believe that has changed it all and the third sphere of expansion implies the same shit took place.
A faster drove is not FTL. Tyranid codex confirms they go near the speed of light, and no, it is not hinted anywhere that the shit from EoT happened.
>And yet, poor necrons cannot master space travel
They appear to have relatively slow noon-Webway FTL since they speed blitzed a sector in Fall of Orpheus.
>and are doomed to be outnumbered by pathetically small races like Tau in a tiny bumblefuck corner of the universe.
Lolwut. There are millions of tomb worlds. Plural. They outnumber just about everyone. Imotekh's empire is not the totality of the Necrons.
Face it, Tau fanboy, the Tau are fucking pathetic.

>> No.29636669

>>29636460
>It most certainly does.

Citation needed. Nothing specifically retcons FTL.

>They appear to have relatively slow noon-Webway FTL since they speed blitzed a sector in Fall of Orpheus.

You wishing it doesn't make it true. It specifically says they have no form of FTL and have to rely on slow stasis ships.

>They outnumber just about everyone

Except Imperials, Nids, Orks and Chaos. So just Eldar and Tau then.

>Imotekh's empire is not the totality of the Necrons.

It's a shitty backwater that isn't the massive empire you claimed. It's a joke.

>the Tau are fucking pathetic.

They are. Which is why it's funny they're superior to Sucklord and own them at space travel.

>> No.29637055

>>29636669
>Nothing specifically retcons FTL.
Yeah, other than the retcon which specifically says they need stasis to travel in one sector of space.
>It specifically says they have no form of FTL
Abject lies. It says without the wheat they'd be doomed to isolation. Nothing SPECIFICALLY says they have no FTL. Your logic!
>Except Imperials, Nids, Orks and Chaos
Imperium of a million worlds. Millions, plural, of tomb worlds. Containing billions of warriors. Each. They easily outnumber Imperials and non-daemon Chaos, and likely give the orks a run for their money.
>It's a shitty backwater that isn't the massive empire you claimed.
It's 80% of their empire in like 5% of the time. Tau are pathetic.
>Which is why it's funny they're superior to Sucklord
Except not?
>and own them at space travel.
Shit ships and can't even use the Webway for FTL. Are you even trying?

>> No.29637277

>>29637055

>Yeah, other than the retcon which specifically says they need stasis to travel in one sector of space.

Because they have a 40 year lifespan.

>Abject lies. It says without the wheat they'd be doomed to isolation. Nothing SPECIFICALLY says they have no FTL. Your logic!

Except it specifically refers to them as slow moving stasis ships.

>Imperium of a million worlds. Millions, plural, of tomb worlds. Containing billions of warriors. Each. They easily outnumber Imperials and non-daemon Chaos, and likely give the orks a run for their money.

This is what carnac actually believes. Imperial worlds contain billions spread across millions. Orks outnumber even them. Necrons aren't shit.

>Shit ships and can't even use the Webway for FTL. Are you even trying?

You're describing necrons who get rejected by that webway itself making it completely dangerous and even then it's a tiny fraction of the webway. Literally the worst faction for travel.

>> No.29637379

>>29634693
>colonized system

You can read, right? For those septs to outnumber the dynasty, they'd have to have over 4 colonized worlds per system. Do they?

>> No.29637698

>>29637277
>Because they have a 40 year lifespan.
Yeah, because they don't have FTL and trips take over 40 years.
>Except it specifically refers to them as slow moving stasis ships.
Same way Tau FTL is described in the Tau codex, except the Tau have never blitzed a sector in like two years.
>Imperial worlds contain billions spread across millions.
Millions my ass. It's always been one million. Necrons have multiple. They outnumber the Imperium, who do NOT have billions on every world. Cadia has only 250 million! Deal with it.
>You're describing necrons who get rejected by that webway itself making it completely dangerous and even then it's a tiny fraction of the webway.
You mean the webway keeps closing their dolmen gates, so they open a new one. Hardly especially dangerous. Deal with it.

>> No.29637739

>>29636669
>Nothing specifically retcons FTL.
>"At last, the quantum leap came from Fal'shia Sept, where they finalised development of the ZFR Horizon Accelerator Engine. An ingenious design, this powerful new mechanism allowed ships to attain near-light speed."
-Codex: Tau Empire (6e)

>It specifically says they have no form of FTL

No, it says that without the webway they'd be relying on the stasis-ships and doomed to isolation. In Fall of Orpheus they got inertialess drives and outmaneuver the Imperials with ease. They can have FTL, but even going at 1.1c it would take thousands of years to cross the galaxy, which is not ideal.

>>29637277
>This is what carnac actually believes.
>"There is this one Space Marine for each of the million worlds in the Imperium"
-Codex: Space Marines (5e)
>"These Tomb Worlds represent no more than a handful of the many millions spread throughout the galaxy."
-Codex: Necrons (5e)

>> No.29637827

>>29637739
Much obliged.

>> No.29639053

40k is full of plotholes, see the Khorne vs Slaanesh rivalry which they had to handwave away as "khorne is mad that slaanesh killstealed him even though their ideologies don't contrast as well as the other two"

>> No.29639328

>>29639053
>even though their ideologies don't contrast as well as the other two
Love v. hate. Martial honor versus self-indulgence.

Khorne considers him a weakling with no honor who makes a mockery of the gods. He just straight up hates the faggot, but considers Tzeentch his worthy rival.
Slaanesh considers Khorne an uncultured brute whose MO of blood and death is at odds with his MO of hedonism.

By the way, you're an idiot.

>> No.29639373

>>29639328
Don't call people an idiot while spouting falsehoods. It literally does not once ever associate Slaanesh with love.

>> No.29639395

>>29639373
>It literally does not once ever associate Slaanesh with love
Read Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness. Then kill yourself.

>> No.29639588

>>29634330
>
>>29634330
And they had to fuckin cry to hitler to send troops to help delaying the assault on russia to winter time.

>> No.29639742

>>29609126
Nah. In 40k, Chaos exists, and Chaos changes everything about how we know society to work. Basically nothing about the Eldar is compatible with the humans, not even their technology given that most of it is psychically linked. As we know, Humanity's survival depends on avoiding Chaos and the warp as much as possible. If humans were to mix with the Eldar in any meaningful way, it would mean undermining the social orders which promote order and keep Chaos at bay. This isn't even mentioning all the racial animosity and past military entanglements between the two races.

>> No.29640113

>>29609126
I'm rather interested in, why the Eldar have not yet joined the Tau.

The Tau would greatly benefit from the webways and the technologie once Eldar were to be fully intigrated into their ranks, while the Eldar would gain reliable personal meatshields, which is likely all they can gain from any alliance anyway.

>> No.29640185

>>29640113
I think that's the logic behind them being battle brothers, but the Eldar are far too stupid/proud to join up.

>> No.29640823

>>29610446
A null, unless they've got some sort of gear, just makes the psyker get a bad case of ants-in-the-pants.

Psykers can pull blankets over their heads though, no issues.

>> No.29641047

>>29639328
>Martial honor versus self-indulgence.
>Slaanesh considers Khorne an uncultured brute whose MO of blood and death is at odds with his MO of hedonism.

These aren't opposite traits. Fact is, they're both gods of excess and martial excellence and their rivalry is due to GW writing themselves into a corner and trying to fix a plot hole. That's why their rivalry is based on a contrived personal dispute and not a big ideological conflict like the Chaos Gods are supposed to have.

>> No.29641120

>>29641047
>not a big ideological conflict
Khorne worshipers kill for Khorne. Slaanesh worshipers kill for themselves. Literally exact opposites.

What's not to get? Khorne is all about "no fun allowed". Slaanesh is all about "not having fun is against the rules".

>> No.29641506

>>29641047
>ideological conflict like the Chaos Gods are supposed to have

Where does/did Malal fit in this?

Khorne desires death, Slaanesh need his subjects very much alive and feeling. Khorne is about strength of arms, Slaanesh about cult of personality. Khorne is a fighter, Slaanesh a lover. Khorne stronk! Slaanesh weak and without honor, like a woman. Khorne is single minded in his goals, Slaanesh is seductive and up for anything (that makes Khorne sexually confused and angry). Khorne is a fist coming straight at your face, Slaanesh a sweet aroma in the air, a faint whisper in your ear, a mirage in the distance.

>> No.29641581

>>29641506
>Where does/did Malal fit in this?
He doesn't exist.
>that makes Khorne sexually confused
Canon.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action