Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 51 KB, 640x480, 1388182680337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29113923 No.29113923 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So, i was on here a few weeks ago talking about re-introducing Beastmen back into 40K. I said that this pic was rather cool and asked about the whole "Beastmen and Gene Seeds" and i was told they don't mix. Someone else then suggested i make my own Beastmen Space Marines Chapter.

So, i did the unthinkable... I took his advice and ran with it...

So, my initial idea was that the chapter (Named "The Emperors Flock") was founded by a Beastman claiming to be a Primarch. Apart from all of the evidence that says his claim is bullshit, there are two pieces of evidence that suggest there may be some form of truth to his claim.

1) He is an Astartes, he has a gene seed. Something that Beastmen are incapable of being implanted with.
2) He knew the exact location of a cache of equipment from one of the lost Legions (Including an old Apocalypse-Class Battleship.)

2 is of course circumstantial evidence, but 1 is very perplexing. Something that the Inquisition is VERY curious to dissect him to find out about.

>> No.29113931

This "Primarch" by the name of Kolmor Prental, came to one of the outer-most edges of the Imperium to a Refugee planet for the Beastmen and has rallied a LOT of the planets inhabitants to him in order to make them into a force to fight for the Emperor and show that the Beastmen are just as worthy of the Emperor's love and affection as the rest of Humanity, that just because they are not fully human, does not make them worth any less than them.

The Emperor's Flock is now raiding the local area, twatting the local cults and Ork rabbles. This is the reason why the Inquisition hasn't launched their usual response to upstarts like this.

1) They are unwilling to launch an Exterminatus, because they don't want to Vaporize Kolmor, because then they can't dissect him.
2) Due to the equipment they have, they are capable of putting up quite a resistance, so they will need to divert too many troops, that could go to much better use elsewhere, to perform a successful land invasion.
3) This movement is not very well known outside of the immediate area, so there is no threat of word of his blaspheme spreading, and currently, all they are doing is dealing with small problems that the Imperium doesn't have the troops to spare to deal with.

Essentially, he isn't high on their list of priorities, and taking him out is more trouble than it's worth.

So, before everyone starts saying "Awww... Snowflake..." i want to make something very much clear, his status as a Primarch is NOT his main character trait... and none of his followers think he even is a Primarch, they just see him as a man who is spreading a message that they can get behind, someone that genuinely cares about them and wants to get them the rights that they deserve, whether he is a Primarch or not is inconsequential, they would follow him even if he admitted that he wasn't.

>> No.29113944

>>29113931
And no, they aren't all Beastmen Astartes, Kolmor is the only Astartes among them, the rest are just normal beastmen wearing Power Armour.

This might sound like a stupid backstory, but really look the world today, how many people come forward claiming to be Jesus? how many people have stated that they are Anastasia Romanov? Or the Lindbergh Baby? I imagine that "lost Primarchs" come forward a lot, they are just "taken care of" quickly.

So, apart from the token "Snowflake" remarks, what does /tg/ think of this?

>> No.29114000

sounds like chaos shenaningans.

i like this idea and hope Tzeentch pops out to fuck up your shit in time.

>> No.29114041

>>29113944
You should make some more evidence that he's not a Primarch, and maybe have some back-up stories for what he is.

I.E. He's a Dark Eldar experiment of a Space Marine, maybe the "chapter" has ties to the Comorraugh. That would explain just about everything. He's just an obvious Daemon of some sort, a mutated Space Marine with a messiah complex.

Maybe the Inquisition keeps trying to send fleets down there, but for some reason the paperwork gets "lost," making some think that perhaps he's some sort of Mechanicus or Biologis experiment. Perhaps Hereticus is trying to kill him but Xenos is actively fighting them to get ahold of his heretical Gene-Seed for whatever reason.

More details, in other words, might actually help with this. Instead of just "He MIGHT bea Primarch" put in "He might be a Primarch, he might be crazy, he might be a Daemon, he might be an Experiment..." and have alternate, reasonable explanations for this insanity.

>> No.29114048

>>29114000

... That wasn't the response i was expecting... I imagine you aren't one of the locals... Sit around a while the shitstorm is due any minute...

>> No.29114156 [DELETED] 

>>29114041
>Maybe the Inquisition keeps trying to send fleets down there, but for some reason the paperwork gets "lost," making some think that perhaps he's some sort of Mechanicus or Biologis experiment. Perhaps Hereticus is trying to kill him but Xenos is actively fighting them to get ahold of his heretical Gene-Seed for whatever reason.

I like this

>> No.29114161

>>29114041

That kinda defeats the point of the character, i want to leave his backstory a mystery, if i give him a backstory, i draw focus to his Primarch claim, which is something i don't want to do.

I am answering the question of "Is he a Primarch?" with "The answer is inconsequential." I think of it as the suitcase from Pulpfiction, the answer i give as to why he makes this claim will NEVER be as good as the answer other people come up with themselves.

Although i do like the idea of the whole idea of his troops having a "He might be a Primarch, he might be a crazy person, he might be an experiment that went horribly wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it) But so long as he is saying things that make sense, and fighting for my best interests, i will follow him to the ends of the universe" attitude towards him.

>> No.29114257

I love your beastmen Space Marine.

They are the most cool 40k thing i've seen in a while. I hope you have a lot of fun with this uber-cool army.

>> No.29114288

>>29114161
I'm pretty sure >>29114041 is saying DON'T explain his backstory. Just provide small bits of "evidence" that point in multiple directions to make his claim of being a Primarch even more suspicious.
I personally really like the idea of power armoured Beastmen so keep up the good work and try not to fall to Chaos too quickly...

>> No.29114324

>>29114257

I should point out that the pictured units are not mine, i don't have the skill or the money to make them look that good, as that is 3 units mashed together, Beastmen heads, Space Marine body and Tao legs to give them the hooves.

>> No.29114344

>>29114288
... HALLELUJAH IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

Someone put an idea up on 4chan and people didn't immediately spam hate.

>> No.29114350

>>29113923
Can't you just use the Wolf Brothers or Space Wolves? Fluff it so that the Canis Helix was messed with during the Cursed Founding and created ram-like space marines?

>> No.29114355

>>29114288
also, i see it now, thanks.

>> No.29114366

Why do you need to make it Space Marines? Simply play them as IG or Chaos cultists, which is fluffy enough.

>> No.29114407

>>29113923

Space-Gor - My dream has come true.

>> No.29114418

>>29114366
Because there's enough of that already. I wanted to try something different.

>> No.29114512

>>29114418
it is also cheaper to convert them to space marines as compared to IG.

>> No.29114538

>>29114350
Not OP but this sounds like it could work. He's clearly an Astartes so maybe he's linked to the Cursed Founding.
On the other hand he may not be of Imperial origin. Mayhaps he's some kind of Perturabo shennanigan that got out of hand?

>> No.29114564

>>29114418
>something different
>Space Marines
Yeah, sure. It's not like 80 percent of armies are already Space Marines or something.

>> No.29114590

>>29114538
Exactly my point, what you come up with will always be sound better to you than anything I could ever come up with.

>> No.29114599

It just doesn't seem compelling. I assume you'd be runnin them as counts as marines, but you claimed the beast men weren't Astartes. How could they have Astartes stats? So you'd have to change the numbers a bit to accommodate, and suddenly running them as counts as becomes really problematic. I know you don't want to hear this, but it really is snowflake as hell.

About the claims of Jesus and Anastasia: you're assuming 40k works on current world logic. Those people have no evidence to support their claims. Your prim arch allegedly is definitely Astartes, so that's not the same at all of these current baseless claims. Plus in 40k, he'd immediately be accused of being a heretic (claiming to be one of the emperors own), a mutant (impure gene stock), or a daemon. Or all three. There's just too many holes.

But why the fuck should you care what anyone thinks? Just build them and play them how you want to. It's your plastic dudes men.

>> No.29114629

>>29114564
To be fair, there are supposed to be a couple of zillion Space Marines out there...

Although, as a Tao player, i would really love to see some Beastmen Gue'Vesa.

>> No.29114657

>>29114599
People being considerate towards other people's idea's? Truly, Saint Nicholas has blessed this thread with the spirit of Christmas.

>> No.29114717

I was thinking of making a beast SM army as well, although I dont know if I should run them as woofs or BA. Any thoughts?

>> No.29114724
File: 186 KB, 1000x1000, 1339947095851.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29114657
That, and this idea is a fuckton better than some of the fluff-changes recently...

Pic related

>> No.29114891

>>29113923
>1) He is an Astartes, he has a gene seed.

Primarchs are not Astartes, and did not have gene-seed themselves. Gene-seed was simply made from them.

>> No.29114898

How about maybe converting a Doombull into an Ogryn equivalent?

>> No.29115090

>>29114891
Kinda ruins his fun (I wasn't gonna say anything)

>> No.29115216
File: 200 KB, 500x408, Imperial Beast.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29113923

>> No.29115441

>>29114344
>>29114657
>>29114048
man i know /tg/ is negative but most of the time bad ideas get hate cos they're bad ideas, and often that "hate" is legitimate criticism parsed abrasively. good ideas usually just get trolling hate. this just makes you sound bitter and puerile over people not liking your ideas. its gonna happen dude, the world isn't out to get you...

>> No.29115479

>>29113923
Are those stealth suit legs? Cuz if so jolly good conversions.

>> No.29115489

>>29115441
Anon noooo! Don't hat me

>> No.29115602

>>29114891
you know what i mean, i was saying that it is obvious that he is 4 clear feet larger than everyone else and built like the Space Marines. Because, well, this is a piddly little planet in the ass-end of no-where, they don't have the tech to test him for this shit.

Anyway, currently, i am coming up with idea's for other key members of this chapter. So far, i am thinking up their Chief Librarian (Grand Shaman as they call him.) Master of Sanctity and Chief Apothecary... I am also trying to think up a good way for them to have a Techpriest... But honestly, every reason i think up, as to how he possibly became a Techpriest is just kinda stupid... So i'll probably leave him until later.

Any help would be apreciated.

>> No.29116116

Here's a great thread if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/446424.page

>> No.29116219

>>29116116
that is awesome, and where i got the picture from

>> No.29116925

>>29115602
they dont all have to be beast's, run the Techmarines as either marines or techpreists who have joined the campaign as they passed near/helped out a forge world

a thought about another false lead on the 'primarch':
have him wear colours that are similar to pre-heresy word-bearers (or their chaplains) and have him have a thing about deeds being stronger than words

>> No.29117844

>>29114000
I could see some ad mech dealings behind it too. Perhaps a magos biologist that toes the line of tech heresy with his experiments.

Experimentation with gene seed and abhumans are things that happen, why not both at the same time.

>> No.29118420

GW stance is that if you really want beastmen or squats in 40k you should just convert from fantasy. Same applies to Hurd.

it makes sense really can have that many molds now things are plastic.

rules wise it gets abit harder but honestly its probably imperial guard rules for all 3?

>> No.29118443

>>29118420
would be nice if they did dataslates for converted units. would encourage that happening more. maybe if fantasy sales drop alot.

>> No.29118553

>>29118420

Well, Beastmen are supposed to be far stronger than humans anyway, so when you give them power armour, they become as strong as makes no real difference.

>> No.29118642

Well I found a way to make space marine chapters based on each 5 xenos races
Heresy4lyfe

>> No.29118646

Also i am quite happy with their Chief Techpriest.

He is a Human Astartes by the name of Viqtor Remly, nothing is really known about him, except that Kolmor states that he has complete and total trust in him, and that he wears an Inquisition symbol... Of course, out here, the Inquisition is never seen and almost never heard of, lots of people even doubt they exist, saying it's just a story to scare young ones.

I was hoping that this would add to the mystery.

>> No.29118815

I haven't read the entire thread but I remember this from last time. My question is: Why Beastmen Astartes and not Imperial Guard? They are present in the 40k lore. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Beastmen#.Ur4487T98UA

>> No.29118849

Silly.

Just turn them into mutated Chaos Space Marines.

There. Done. Finished.

>> No.29119687

>>29118849
That's boring and unfluffy, and goes against OP's idea of them being aspiring loyalists.

>> No.29120564

>>29114629
>as a Tao player
>Tao player
>Tao

>> No.29121641

>>29118849
That's boring.

>> No.29122018

Well, OP, this idea isn't baaaaaaad

>> No.29122561
File: 61 KB, 322x252, get-a-load-of-this-guy-cam1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29114629
>Tao

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself buddy.

>> No.29122875

Anyone anywhere that's versed in imperial creed knows to fear and loathe the mutant.
This dude be a mutant.
He is to be feared and loathed.

Even assuming this little backwater planet is isolated and maybe had been severed from imperial creed for the thousands of years it would take for the entire population of a planet to devolve into beastmen, in that time the taint that changed them would have turned the planet and it's inhabitants to chaos, whether they themselves are aware or not. And where the hell do they get such mountains of astartes power armour that is unuseable by anything without a black carapace? That thing that only marines can have due to gene wackiness and compatibility? The inquisition could have simply sent in the legions of militant ordos that they control to extract this guybeast and then scorched the planet.

There are gargantuan holes throughout this if you want to fit in even rogue trader era fluff. It's a neat conversion idea but anything beyond "chaos did it" simply doesnt fit without proper reasoning. We all want to be original but if you're going to cast down tenements of thirty-odd years of fluff you might as well just....I don't know, ignore me?
I think it's silly.

Very silly.

>> No.29122979

so much heresy

>> No.29123003

>>29122875
So make it a CSM legion.

>> No.29123040

>>29119687
>>29121641
You know what's boring? ANOTHER MARY SUE SPACE MARINE ARMY.

>> No.29123047

>>29123003
If it was a fallen chapter or perhaps a single renegade follower of the gods that turned a population and made them believe that they were fighting for the emperor, that'd be interesting, relatively original and believable.

>> No.29123109

>>29123040
You know what's boring? People constantly bitching about space marine chapters and overusing terms like "mary sue."

>> No.29123179

>>29123109
>You know what's boring? People constantly bitching about space marine chapters

Oh my god this

>and overusing terms like "mary sue."

Comes with the territory.

>> No.29123278

>>29122875
>>29114599

Sorry OP. These people have a point. It's Sue as hell, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but do not try to fool yourself into thinking that there is any room for this kind of possibility. Beastmen are either mutant, or chaos. It's the only way they'd fit into the universe.

I don't know why you're asking for advice when you're clearly ignoring all the people handing you legitimate criticism. Your concept is great for a conversion army, a neat visual gimmick, but flies in the face of the "acceptable" fiction of the universe. But do what you want, as long as the other people you play against don't mind, it shouldn't matter.

Although, since you're most likely going to ignore those points or respond in a passive aggressive fashion due to what I assume are past experiences that were probably not very polite, you might as well go all out. Maybe tyranid mounts? Looted vehicle rules from the Ork codex? Those are about as 'canonically' acceptable as what you described.

>> No.29123308

>>29123047

Meh, Beastmen are Chaos in my book. They might believe whatever they want because of their twisted mutant primarch... but...

EXPUNGE THE MUTANT! etc. etc.

There is room for everything in 40k :)

>> No.29123327

Beastmen used to exist in 40K. IIRC they were hated and stuff and they knew they were Chaos-tainted and mutants but they still wanted to please the Emperor. Sort of like tragic Ogryn.

>> No.29123345

>>29119687
>unfluffy

Chaos granting mutations that alter your looks? Unfluffy? What the fucking shit have you been smoking?

>goes against OP's idea of them being aspiring loyalists.

Good, because it's a fucking terrible idea. A plain Noble Savage trope of "we're hideous monsters, but in our chest beats the heart of a proud creature that will fight for the system that oppresses us, because we believe in humanity and the Emperor" bullshit with Astartes equipment and battleships and shit.

Any Imperial force they'd encounter would fucking murder them to the last and purge everything they've touched with fire before even thinking of putting it to good use.

>> No.29123379

>>29123278
> chapter with gross physical abnormalities
> fighting for the Imperium
> flies in the face of acceptable canon
What am a soul drunkards?

>> No.29123406

>>29123379
Excommunicate Traitoris.

>> No.29123443

>>29123379
there's a difference between sanctioned fighting for the imperium and simply fighting for the imperium. souldrinkers are considered traitors, and traitors are covered by the whole 'heresy' bit that the imperium is so fond of accusing people of. as well as undeniably being mutants. suffer them not

>> No.29123480

>my own Beastmen Space Marines Chapter

Will you have then shit over everything and everyone as their fantasy counterparts do? You can't have Beastmen without a little dung smearing and shit throwing.

>> No.29123586

This is a good idea as long as:

1. You drop the bit where you imply he might be a primarch. He claims he is - sure. But he isn't.
Primarchs are minor gods, not tall goat dudes.

2. You can make them act like loyalists but they will be ostracized and hunted by the Imperium proper, and anyone who accepts them will be deemed a traitor.

Other then that, have fun.

>> No.29123686

>>29123586
this is really the only proper way to run them.

>> No.29123697

Your leader must be named Gharbad the Mighty. I command it.

>> No.29125994

>>29123586

1) That's boring, i'm trying to build implications that there is more at work than first meets the eye.

2) Because if the Imperium was hunting them down, then they would be brutally fucking obliterated within weeks.

>> No.29126040

>>29113923
Well i can't exactly deny it, warhams basically says "if you can stat it, make it"

You could be putting miniature emps all over your space marines (made up of librarians?) and nobody could say anything but "that's dumb"

>> No.29126071

>>29125994
>Because if the Imperium was hunting them down, then they would be brutally fucking obliterated within weeks.

Bullshit.

There are plenty of renegade Chapters surviving being hunted by the Imperium.

>> No.29126079

>>29122875

The Inquisition isn't all-powerful, they have to bend to the will of lots of people, E.G. The Machine Cult.

The Machine Cult stands for a lot of things that the Inquisition has branded Heresy (E.G. they believe in a god that isn't The Emperor.) But they have to put up with them, because the Imperium would fall apart without them.

If they can bend to the will of the Machine Cult, who's to say that they don't bend to the will of other forces?

>> No.29126102

>>29126071
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knights_of_Blood_(Chapter)#.Ur6q7_QW0pU

Here is a example.

The Knights managed to survive 999 years of being hunted. What's your excuse now?

>> No.29126142

This still makes more sense than Soul Drinkers, but the Imperiium wouldn't say that someone claiming to be a primarch is not worth the effort to be put down, and the whole "let's not blow him up because we want to study him" is plot armor full of holes, they could just send an assassin

>> No.29126164

>>29126142
Assassins are all well and good, but could they also recover the body?

>> No.29126198

>>29123379
Soul Derpers fought for the Emperor, not the Imperium, genius

>> No.29126207

>>29126164
Why shouldn't they be able to? Unless they send an Eversor to just cut him to pieces

>> No.29126499

>>29123345
>Astartes equipment and battleships and shit.

just Battleship, there is only the one, even if there was more, they wouldn't have the manpower to effectively crew more than one.

>> No.29126512

>>29126207

Because Assassins tend to be human, killing him, then dragging his body back to the ship would be rather difficult.

"Don't mind me, just dragging the corpse of your leader back to my ship, this is totally legit."

>> No.29126524

>>29126207
I don't think the Officio Assassinorum has any Astartes, just humans. And well, this guys body will weigh about as much as a car. i don't see a human having the strength to carry him back... Except maybe Marbo...

>> No.29126545

>>29113923
Just quest it and make your chapter fluff based off it.

>> No.29126658

>consider the following
Why not...
...just make them a minor xenos empire, similar to the Tau. There are hundreds of them on the fringes of the Imperium. Then you can use whatever codex you want.

>> No.29126733

>>29126658
Boring

>> No.29126745

>>29123406
True. But they're still marines loyal too the emperor who fight for humanity.

Being declared traitor doesn't magically make anyone into an actual traitor.

>> No.29126807

>>29126512
Assassins have stats better than SM

>> No.29126847

>>29114629
> I would really love to see some Beastmen Gue'Vesa.
My modest sergeant (damn I need to correct a few things).

>> No.29126888
File: 398 KB, 1180x1478, IMGP1729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29126847
How could I forget my pic ?

>> No.29127041

>>29126733
I suppose vanilla sex IS boring when all you do is rape the canon.

>> No.29127052

>>29127041
10/10

>> No.29127493

>>29127041
>implying that canon hasn't already been raped so hard that it doesn't even feel anything down there anymore.

>> No.29127736 [DELETED] 

>>29127493

So, i came up with Kolmor's Stats

WS: 7
BS: 2
S: 6
T: 5
W: 3
I: 6
A: 4
Ld: 9
Sv: 4+

Yes, his stats are based off of the Wolf Lord's.

Special Rules:
Independant Character (Unless he has a Bodyguard, Kolmor Pentral is an Independant Character)
Might of the Beast (Kolmor may weild two-handed melee weapons in one hand, but receives WS: -2 and S-2.)
Suffer not the Mutant to Live (Any Imperium unit (Allied or Enemy) that comes within 6 inches of Kolmor must take a leadership roll, if failed, then during attacking phase MUST attack Kolmor if able)
PURGE THE HERETIC!!! (Preferred enemy (Chaos))
Shining beacon of hope (whilst on the field, all Emperor's Flock members gain I: +1. If Kolmor leaves the battlefield as a Casualty, all Emperor's Flock must take a leadership test.)

>> No.29127755

So, i came up with Kolmor's Stats

WS: 7
W: 4
I: 6
A: 4
Sv: 4+

Yes, his stats are based off of the Wolf Lord's.

Special Rules:
Independant Character (Unless he has a Bodyguard, Kolmor Pentral is an Independant Character)
Might of the Beast (Kolmor may weild two-handed melee weapons in one hand, but receives WS: -2 and S-2.)
Suffer not the Mutant to Live (Any Imperium unit (Allied or Enemy) that comes within 6 inches of Kolmor must take a leadership roll, if failed, then during attacking phase MUST attack Kolmor if able)
PURGE THE HERETIC!!! (Preferred enemy (Chaos))
Shining beacon of hope (whilst on the field, all Emperor's Flock members gain I: +1. If Kolmor leaves the battlefield as a Casualty, all Emperor's Flock must take a leadership test.)

>> No.29127782

>>29126079
Why would any force aside from chaos want to keep a literal cult of chaos afflicted daemons and mutants alive?

Seriously, regardless of how boring you think it'd be, beastmen in both fantasy and old 40k are just that, chaos mutations. Doesn't fucking matter if that's scientifically interesting, the machine cult is just as adamant at burning the mutant. They consider the flesh weak because it does shit like that. Unless you're implying that the imperium believes that this little convent of mutant is as important as a part of the imperium of man that handles all of their technology. The shit that is the glue of their society.
Cause that's just getting wholly arrogant on your half.

>> No.29127819

>>29127493
>implying that justifies violating it further

>>29127755
How many points, and what wargear?

>> No.29127830

>>29127782

>Why would any force aside from chaos want to keep a literal cult of chaos afflicted daemons and mutants alive?

First off, you mean figurative. Please keep in mind that words mean things.

Second, they are definitely not daemons.

Third, they're pretty stable things (goaty heads, they're not random ice cream flavors of crazy) and thus can be classified as abhumans.

Fourth, goat headed space marines are fucking retarded and imperials would probably kill beast men regardless. But they're definitely not literal chaos cultists and daemons.

>> No.29127837

>>29127830
IIRC correctly, Beastmen are listed in the accepted abhumans section of the rule book.

Doesn't mean they'd be given power-armour and geneseed.

>> No.29127852

>>29127782
What this based anon said.

OP, it may be boring to you but this is the reality, a comparison between the Inquisition tolerating the AdMech, who the Imperium literally cannot survive without and a group of beastmen with one ship is more than a bit of a stretch.

On top of that, there's the Primarch claim, not only is is snowflake but this alone would be cause for an assassin or an Ecclesiarch to throw a faith fit and have lots of angry women with flamethrowers burning your shit to the ground.

A man leading a band of chaos warped monsters claiming to be of the same stock as, say, Sanguinius, a beloved hero of the Imperium will not only gain the ire of any Imperial institution but also the people of the Imperium.

>> No.29127855

>>29127837
Agreed. Abhumans are generally used as expendable slave labor and cannon fodder.

>> No.29127860

>>29127852
>this alone would be cause for an assassin or an Ecclesiarch to throw a faith fit
I think it'd go further than that. I think every First Founding chapter and their friends would say "Fuck these imposters" and proceed to do so.

>> No.29127890

>>29127860

This, too.

Do you think the Ultramarines, the Fists or especially the Iron Hands would allow the memories of the Primarchs to be insulted like that?

Also, lets presume the two lost Legions weren't killed by Russ as it's hinted. That's two Primarchs unaccounted for, I'm willing to bet there'd be hundreds, if not thousands of zealous groups investigating every hint of a claim.

>> No.29127893

>>29127837

from what OP told us they don't have gene seed.

His 'primarch' supposedly does, even though primarchs didn't have gene seed

>> No.29127919

>>29127893
That's actually a really cool touch.

I support this whole concept wholeheartedly. I misunderstood wtf was going on.

>> No.29127925
File: 72 KB, 540x540, 1376047615292.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29127893
Let me get this straight;

They're mutant power armoured warriors with a scavenged spaceship who are Space Marines, (but not really Space Marines) who are led by a Beastman who isn't a Primarch (or is he, teehee!).

Pic related.

>> No.29127934

>>29127890
Or if he really was a Primarch (but he might not be!) wouldn't Grimnar try to finish what Russ started?

>> No.29127964

>>29127837

well what if we forget about the primarch bussines and
>>29114350
go back to rationalizing this chapter as a cursed founding variant of the space wolves?

>> No.29127979

>>29127925
They are mutants with power armor that are not space marines.

Led by a deformed mutant space marine claiming to be a primarch.

>> No.29128003

>>29127979

they should be led by two beastmen, claiming to be BOTH of the missing primarchs!

>> No.29128008

>>29127890

Actually, it is specifically stated that every shred of knowledge about the lost primarchs has been destroyed, or burried somewhere that not even the Emperor could find it. The only thing anyone knows about the lost Primarchs is that they existed... That's it...

>>29127782

My point is that there are certain groups within the Imperium that the Inquisition has no power over and is going out of their way to avoid, if one such group has expressed interest in these peoples continued existence, then the Inquisition are likely to back off a bit.

>> No.29128023

I'm also struggling to see the point of the Primarch claim.

If no one believes him, why keep pushing it? Clearly he's charismatic enough to build an army without needing to claim to be a Primarch.

The Primarch claim does nothing but antagonize the people and Empire he's supposedly fighting for. The Primarch bit turns the volume up to 11 and blasts the anthem of Chocolate Suefflé.

>> No.29128036

>>29128008
>My point is that there are certain groups within the Imperium that the Inquisition has no power over
Only the three groups that have more power than the Inquisition: Adeptus Mechanicus, Officio Assassinorium and the High Lords of Terra.

Do you believe your faction has more power than those three groups?

>> No.29128041

>>29128008
It was a hypothetical and still doesn't plug the sinkholes in the idea.

>> No.29128044

>>29128008

the tech priests realize what a priceless relic the battleship is and realize that the Inquisition would damage it if any battle should take place.
So they asked the inquisitors to wait until the chapter's ground forces are decimated so that the boarding action could proceed with least amount of damage possible

>> No.29128052

>>29128023
In his words "That's boring"

>>29125994

>> No.29128066

>>29122875
>devolve

check your privilege

>> No.29128075

>>29125994

he is a beast man trying to claim to be a Primark but actually he is a Necron Lord!
Plot Twist! Opposite of boring!

>> No.29128095
File: 16 KB, 300x390, m-night-shyamalan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>29128075
What a tweest!

>> No.29128099

>>29127934

Again, this is a small movement in the ass-end of no-where that are only actually known of in their local area, the only people who know about it are the locals and the Inquisition, who, understandably, are against spreading the news of its existence. Kolmor is smart enough to know that if any of the larger factions got wind of this, then they would probably wake up one morning to see a couple of zillion Cyclonic Torpedoes headed straight for them.

Plus, why would the Imperium divert SO MANY resources to deal with just a couple of upstarts who are actually furthering the Imperiums cause, rather than say... oh, i don't know, maybe the giant fucking fleet of teeth and claws that are trying to munch their way across the Imperium, or the vast quantities of demonic abominations that are slowly turning the Imperium against itself? All things considered, these guys aren't the biggest problem facing them.

>> No.29128100

>>29122875
The latest 40k rulebook makes a point of explaining that the Imperium in this edition does tolerate abhumans to varying extents. Ratlings and Ogryns are still canon, and of course there's the infamous Felinids. But don't mention the s

>> No.29128103

>>29128003
seconding

>> No.29128105

>>29128066
raise your hooves!
Horned and proud!

>> No.29128114

>>29128036
No, and i never said they did... I'm saying that if people inside one of those three groups expressed interest in the Emperor's Flock's continued existance, then the Inquisition are likely to take a few steps back.

>> No.29128137

>>29128114
take a few steps back so that they can go and investigate those people that are defending mutants who are desecrating the memory of the Emperor's Sons.

>> No.29128141

>>29128099
>Again, this is a small movement in the ass-end of no-where that are only actually known of in their local area, the only people who know about it are the locals and the Inquisition
So then who would care about protecting it?

>Kolmor is smart enough to know that if any of the larger factions got wind of this, then they would probably wake up one morning to see a couple of zillion Cyclonic Torpedoes headed straight for them.
Very true. Does the aforementioned Inquisition count as a "larger faction"?

>Plus, why would the Imperium divert SO MANY resources to deal with just a couple of upstarts
I think you don't understand how vast the Imperium is. A couple of cyclonic torpedoes is a few more digits on the list of the millions manufactured each Terran year.

>who are actually furthering the Imperiums cause
Do you think the people of the 41st millenium would find it offensive when their survival is entrusted not to the Emperor's Angels of Death, or even his most devout Imperial Guardsmen, but to some filthy mutants with a scavenged battleship?

> All things considered, these guys aren't the biggest problem facing them.
And so they're not worthy of any attention?
A moment of laxity leads to a lifetime of heresy.

>> No.29128154

>>29128114
I gave you a reason right here
>>29128044
for why Adeptus Mechanicus might not want you dead right away.
Is that not good enough for you?
Is it too mundane and boring of a reason?

>> No.29128165

>>29128114
If they are both
> a small movement in the ass-end of no-where
and
> only actually known of in their local area

Why would these factions care about them?

Let's assume all three factions capable of holding back the Inquisition know about them.

Firstly, the Officio Assasinorum won't care.

Secondly, the Adeptus Mechanicus won't care. The flesh is weak, and these mutants are proof of that.

Thirdly, the High Lords of Terra would only care about removing them. A group of mutants formed into an army? Stamp that shit out. They've signed the death warrants of dozens of Space Marine chapters, why should they care about a small group of Beastmen?

>> No.29128205

>>29128099
This would be fine without your Primarch claim, however you are completely missing the size of this claim because you want to shoehorn it in, even though it's the only thing stopping this being a somewhat workable idea.

Claiming to be a Primarch is not a small thing, not on any conceivable level.

If a tiny country like Lichtenstein claimed to have a Nuke, do you think the western powers of this world would ignore it because it's held by a group more likely to drop it on their enemies?

Sure, the Imperium has big problems, Tyranids and Daemons etc. Your "Primarch" is going to be the subject of a lot of interest after all, the assistance of a Primarch's mind in the planning of apocalyptic wars can and has turned them around. There's going to be radical elements wanting to at least abduct this guy and put him in charge of something anyone cares about. That's being optimistic.

He's going to have Chaos devotees, marines and cultists, flocking to him for a chance to hold aloft his broken corpse, declare him weak and enslave his horde.

As you've said, this is a small thing. it won't require "SO MANY" resources to stamp out in a single day. Hell, you'd even get private armies and Rogue Traders wanting a piece of this "Primarch" just to prove their worth.

It doesn't work, drop this detail and we'll have something to work with, there are a billion other mysterious claims he can make without being "boring". You don't have to hit the Primarch chord that a million other people have tried and screwed before you.

>> No.29128217

>>29128165

his royal majesty the high Lord of this subsector is using the Beast men as a tax write off.
as part of complex political machinations the Inquisition decidedthat it was best to leave them alive and use them to black mail the sub-sector Lord into being more compliant.

>> No.29128237

>>29128217
If you have to blackmail a governor, I'd say it's about time he woke up to a Drop Pod on his doorstep.

>> No.29128422

>>29128205
I think that's a little far... More like, if the tiny country of Lichtenstein claimed to have Jesus, do you think the western powers of this world would ignore them?

Probably...

>> No.29128449

>>29128422

Jesus isn't accepted by untold billions of people to have existed and been a soldier of unmatched skill and potential.

Jesus couldn't single handedly turn around a war. Jesus, left unchecked, wouldn't possibly become an avatar of war, blood and death and slaughter quadrillions of people.

>> No.29128454

>>29128165
What if the High Lords of Terra created them...?

>> No.29128920

>>29128449
Someone never read the bible...

>> No.29128977

>>29128449
I said quadrillions, you'd be right if I said millions.

>> No.29129001

>>29113923
The problem here is you completely defeat the idea behind Beastmen as portrayed in Fantasy.

>> No.29129168

>>29129001
Lots of things change in 40,000 years... Actually, in the fluff i am making, i'm going to say that the Shamans are desperately trying to hold onto the old ways, and Kolmor is trying to satisfy everyone. Trying to mold it around the Imperiums Doctorine.

Anyway, i decided to read over the RP and i have come up with a way to satisfy the Inquisition problem, in a way that is canon friendly, kinda bullshit canon, but still canon.

Some members of the Inquisition are a lot more lax on the whole "Abhumans and Xeno's are morally wrong" part of Imperium doctrine, as we know, they have opened communications with the Eldar, the Tau, some have even hired Orks and Kroot to do some dirty work. Well, Viqtor Remly is one such Inquisitor...

I can't really go into further detail without completely ruining the idea of Kolmor's character (Inb4 "too late").

Say what you like, if it's useful advice, i will take it under consideration, if it's more "YOUR IDEA IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!!!" then i will probably ignore it.

>> No.29129278

>>29129168
No one was trashing your idea, you came for advice and you received it.

You've already decided what you want. You didn't come here for advice, you came here for everyone to approve your idea and it turns out most of us didn't.

Kudos on fixing your Inquisition issue, it's a large step in the right direction, there's still plenty left to fix though, give it some thought.

>> No.29129650

>>29123345
>Good, because it's a fucking terrible idea
>You know what's boring? ANOTHER MARY SUE SPACE MARINE ARMY.

Yeah... No hate at all...

And if people have workable idea's that aren't "Change absolutely everything" (which seems to be most of the idea's put forth) then i will take them into consideration.

>> No.29129803

>>29129650
Then please, go back and read the thread. Really read it.

There's plenty of people giving you legitimate criticism, not just the two you cited.

You're being oversensitive because you have an idea you like and you think it's better than it is.

>> No.29130185

>>29129803
Where do you think i got the idea for the Inquisition Techpriest?
>>29116925
Most of the Doctrine of the Emperor's Flock was made using the advice of people in here. The whole idea that nobody in his chapter ACTUALLY believes he is a primarch, but follows him because he offers them more was an idea taken from someone from the last thread.

What i get annoyed at is people claiming "Your idea is not canon friendly." When, lets face it, lots of official canon is not canon friendly. I'm just trying to build on a part of canon that is ripe for expanding upon, but has been, for the most part, ignored.

Is it stupid? Yes. But so is most of the rest of Canon.

>> No.29130632

>>29130185
No you see, other canon is stupid.
Holy fucking hell necromunda in it's entirety is really dumb.

Difference is that you're trying to do things that have happened before in canon that has led to assassinations, exterminatus, imperial invasions, and the like. Yes stuff like this could and has happened but our criticisms have been what the ends to these always are. One radical inquisitor might stop these guys from being wiped for a few decades if that, inquisitors have been known to keep abhumans and mutant and xenos in their retinues. But they are the #2 division next to the Officio Assassinorium, and are able to take a dump on any and all rules and factions within the imperium, including themselves.
And now you've done a 180 on the topic of their leader being possibly a PRIMARCH that now nobody believes. And yet you still fail to deal with the more glaring issues of where they got hundreds of suits of power armour, let alone astartes power armour, got it to work on those without geneseed, kept such a wicked stash out of the hands of the mechanicus, all that.
The mechanicus allowed a chapter with ten thousand years lf glorious, flawless service to fall fo chaos over a single artifact. What makes you think that they wouldn't bring their might and interest to bear in the form of a legion of skitarii simply to take that shit from them?
Magos have that level of power and influence and nobody save the inquisition or the high lords would have any say.

>> No.29130891

>>29130632
1) Where they got their equipment was covered in the first post, one of the things that supported his claim that he was a lost primarch

>>2) He knew the exact location of a cache of equipment from one of the lost Legions (Including an old Apocalypse-Class Battleship.)
And again, canon states that all records to do with the Lost Primarchs and Legions were destroyed, it stands to reason that the locations of some of their storehouses would have been lost with that information, which is why the Mechanicus didn't know about it, and lends credence to the idea that he might be one of the lost Primarch's.

2) I didn't do a 180 on the idea that he's a primarch, i expanded on it. Turned him into more of a Joan of Arc type figure, I imagine a lot of the French scoffed at her when she said that she had been sent by god, but they still followed her because she stood for what they believed in, in the end, it didn't matter, she did what she set out to do, regardless of who sent her. The Beastmen were downtrodden, sent to live on a planet barely capable of supporting them, and then he appeared. He could have made any claim in the world as to who he was supposed to be, but what mattered was that he claimed that he could give them a better life, and that's what he did.

Did the french believe Joan was sent by god? Probably not. Do the Beastmen believe he is a Primarch? Probably not.

3) How did they get the armour to work for them...? Ok, well, i never said i had all the answers, which is why i came here

4) I never said that they had absolutely no problem whatsoever from the other parts of the Imperium, just that they were in a position that the Imperium was unwilling to simply send in the troops and fuck them back to the stone age.

>> No.29131066

>>29130891
I just told you, a single magos hearing that there is a perfectly intact 30th century battleship, sitting out on the eastern fringe, in the hands of radical abhumans and mutants, means that he would come looking.
The only battleships that would be that age are in Terra's own fleet, and those of the first and second founding Space Marine chapters.

This is not only an affront to the emperor that abhumans and mutants hold a holy relic, but an affront to the machine god that they be allowed to keep it for themselves. The high lords and the inquisition would be desperate to find this ship if it is indeed related to something that was supposed to be destroyed millenia past under THE ACTUAL EMPEROR'S EDICT, and the Mechanicus would be desperate to have it purely for the completely unblemished archaeotech.

A space hulk dropping out of the warp is enough to warrant a mechanicus explorator vessel and often an entire chapter of space marines for simply the chance at some archaeotech. This is an untouched cache of perfectly preserved power armour from before the heresy and a battleship worth the cost of a star sector.

>> No.29131585

>>29131066

You do have a point... Honestly, i just wanted it so that they had some firepower and a means of transportation, the reason they can get around the local area without a Teleportarium. Unfortunately, i can't seem to find any information on what ships are Pre-Heresy, the Apocalypse was the only one i knew of that was Pre-Heresy.

Then, do you know of a smaller ship that would be more suited, something like the Dauntless-class or Dictator-class that was used during the Great Crusade?

>> No.29132227

>>29131585
Anything pre-heresy is beyond valuable, beyond priceless go the imperium. That's basically out the window unless you want to go the route of their leader being an old old marine, corrupted in body but pure in soul, that fell out of a warp rift with his crew consumed by daemons and his ship left all but dead in the warp, itself holding onto shreds and strings of corruption.
There are probably other routes but that at least sort of works. Still tempting to the hands of everyone with power, but much less so than simply a pristine perfect cache.

>> No.29132649

Crusading chapter, willing to go to any length to win. Horus sent them off to the far reaches into an ambush, alpha legion (or someone else) fucked with their gene seed to create more mutations.

They followed the retreating traitors into the eye, and even though their bodies were corrupted (maybe as punishment for fucking up tzeench or khorne's followers) they are pure in soul. something like the legion of the damned meets goat wolfen.

>> No.29133156

>>29132227
I like that, an old cruiser from before the days of the Horus Heresy, sent adrift in The Warp with its crewmen, the only being that survived was the Chaplin, maintaining his sanity by singing hymns of the Emperor for decades (His time, time has no meaning in The Warp.) whilst brutally cutting his way through all of the Warpspawn that came for him. His body is fucked up beyond comprehension, but beneath the mutations is as loyal a son of The Emperor as ever existed.

good enough?

Essentially, it's just a repaired Space Hulk.

>> No.29133212

>>29133156
This is a much, much better idea. +1 to you!

>> No.29133521

>>29133212
Cool, the chaplin i am thinking of making someone from one of the more Emperor-leaning Traitor Legions, such as the Thousand Sons or Luna Wolves.

>> No.29134287

>>29133521
Do you know what happened to the Luna Wolves after the Horus Heresy?

>>29133156
>from before the days of the Horus Heresy
Before the Horus Heresy, the Emperor wasn't recognised as a god (he actively worked to stamp out religion and any worship of him) and there was no such thing as Chaplains. They didn't know of the taint of Chaos, so they didn't need men to guard them from Chaos.

>> No.29134736 [DELETED] 

>>29134287
1) They became the Sons of Horus, then the Black Legion, but at the beginning of the Heresy, they were rather divided on loyalty... a number of them apposed Horus however, and unfortunately, they were slaughtered...

2) Just looked into it, You are half right, Chaplins DID exist, they were founded before the Heresy, but no, they didn't praise the emperor. Their primary role was to keep an eye on the Psykers and put them down if they went coo-coo for coco puffs.

Well, then i'll make him into the Space Marine Zvika Greengold, he was tasked with protecting his ship and he did so.

When Kolmor and Viqtor boarded the ship, they found him, drenched in the blood of Warpspawn, Slowly walking towards them, he saluted the Techpriest saying "I can't anymore." before collapsing, his arms, broken beyond repair from almost a century of seemingly non-stop battle, were replaced with Cybornetics. After recovering, they explained everything, about how their brothers had fallen and was granted the title of "Master of Sanctity" of the Emperors Flock.

>> No.29134771

>>29134287
1) They became the Sons of Horus, then the Black Legion, but at the beginning of the Heresy, they were rather divided on loyalty... a number of them apposed Horus however, and unfortunately, they were slaughtered...

2) Just looked into it, You are half right, Chaplins DID exist, they were founded before the Heresy, but no, they didn't praise the emperor. Their primary role was to keep an eye on the Psykers and put them down if they went coo-coo for coco puffs.

Well, then i'll make him into the Space Marine Zvika Greengold, he was tasked with protecting his ship and he did so.

When Kolmor and Viqtor boarded the ship, they found him, drenched in the blood of Warpspawn, Slowly walking towards them, he saluted the Techpriest saying "I can't anymore." before collapsing, his arms, broken beyond repair from almost a century of seemingly non-stop battle, were replaced with Cybornetics. After recovering, they explained everything, about how their brothers had fallen and was granted the title of "Chief Shepard" (Their equivalent of the Master of Sanctity) of the Emperors Flock.

>> No.29136391 [DELETED] 

>>29127755
Ok, this is kinda fucked up. Considering how not even a fucking Carnifex has WS: 7, i think that's a little fucked up. Do yourself a favour, turn that shit down to WS: 5, trade those 2 points in for 2 extra attacks... And if he's supposed to be as great a leader as you say he is, then bump him up to Ld: 10. Also, I is a little high, so knock that down to 4-5, then give him an extra attack. So, it should look more like:

WS: 5
I: 4
A: 7
SV: 4+

Although, i have spotted a FATAL flaw in his design, his "Shining Beacon of Hope" thing is a major disadvantage. with BS: 2, he is obviously supposed to be a melee fighter, so he is going to spend most of his time in the firing line. One good shot from a Rail-Rifle and you're pretty much fucked.

How about maybe giving that a twist, instead have it be.

(If Kolmor leaves the battlefield as a Casualty, all Emperor's Flock must take a leadership test. If passed, then they are allowed to immediately charge. then all enemy units within 6" have to take a leadership test. All Emperor's Flock units then gain Preferred Enemy on the faction that killed Kolmor.)

Essentially, if the enemy kill him, then all your dudes either get scared and run, or really fuckin' pissed and charge, then the enemy either shit their pants and run, or stand and fight. And of course, your guys gain a deep hatred of that enemy. It makes Kolmor a wild card, killing him will either completely fuck your game, or completely fuck theirs...

>> No.29136423

>>29127755
Ok, this is kinda fucked up. Considering how not even a fucking Carnifex has WS: 7, i think that's a little fucked up. Do yourself a favour, turn that shit down to WS: 5, trade those 2 points in for 2 extra attacks... And if he's supposed to be as great a leader as you say he is, then bump him up to Ld: 10. Also, I is a little high, so knock that down to 4-5, then give him an extra attack. So, it should look more like:

WS: 5
I: 4
A: 7
Ld: 10
SV: 4+

Although, i have spotted a FATAL flaw in his design, his "Shining Beacon of Hope" thing is a major disadvantage. with BS: 2, he is obviously supposed to be a melee fighter, so he is going to spend most of his time in the firing line. One good shot from a Rail-Rifle and you're pretty much fucked.

How about maybe giving that a twist, instead have it be.

(If Kolmor leaves the battlefield as a Casualty, all Emperor's Flock must take a leadership test. If passed, then they are allowed to immediately charge. then all enemy units within 6" have to take a leadership test. All Emperor's Flock units then gain Preferred Enemy on the faction that killed Kolmor.)

Essentially, if the enemy kill him, then all your dudes either get scared and run, or really fuckin' pissed and charge, then the enemy either shit their pants and run, or stand and fight. And of course, your guys gain a deep hatred of that enemy. It makes Kolmor a wild card, killing him will either completely fuck your game, or completely fuck theirs...

>> No.29136493

>>29134287
>there was no such thing as Chaplains.

Good thing chaplains don't worship the Emperor as a God, eh?

>> No.29136674

>>29136493
Emps wasn't worshipped before the HOrus Heresy (well he was, but it was techincally illegal and done in secret).

>> No.29136833

>>29126888
naice

>> No.29137875

>>29136833
Thanks, I'm thinking of making some sort of International Brigades (well, intersidereal then) with humans, aliens and mutants.
Or maybe mix it with some Légion étrangère stuff ?

>> No.29137899

>>29136674
Before the Horus Heresy: Chaplains didn't worship Emps as God.
After the Horus Heresy: Chaplains didn't worship Emps as God.

>> No.29138169

>>29113923
This is the plot of the next Dark Heresy Game I run now

>> No.29138637

>>29138169
lemme guess, the Space Marines are to perform their charge of Exterminatus upon this false pretender and his mutant horde... Actually, that sounds pretty fun...

>> No.29140106

>>29113923
So this is what has become of the II Legion eh? Pitiful cows

>> No.29140333

>>29115479
i agree those must be stealth suit legs used properly

>> No.29140929

>>29113923
I like it and I think it generally makes sense.

As for the reasons not to kill them immediately that people are bitching about:

1 Admech wants to figure out how the fuck a beastman became a spess mahreen, as mentioned before.

2 Admech doesn't want all that wonderful Pre-Hersey tech going to waste.

3 They're in the ass end of nowhere and are actually pacifying the sector. Perhaps they're even going on crusade? (Which would have the added benefit of moving them out of the way.)

4 They're loyal soldiers of the Emprah and groups are considering the propaganda value on Abhuman worlds.

5 Alpha Legion is using them to make an army and as such has been running interference
Or
6 An Inquisitor has been using them to make an army and as such has been running interference.
Or
7 They're a senior Magos Biologos' pet project.

>> No.29142195

way to get into beastmen in 40k.. get into beastmen in Fantasy play them for a year see if you like them if you don't convert them with lazguns and new bases now you can play 40k.. That was and is and how you should play these cross over races.

starting out with conversions or 3rd party models is dumb you should understand the history of why these races exist in the first place it was all players with large collections wanting to switch from fantasy to 40k.. so you should do what they did or just fuck off and play a normal 40k army

>> No.29144781

>>29113923
Don't care what haters say, but I think this is a fantastic idea.

I'm curious about the tactics they use. Will they be like regular SM and go tactical and all that shit OR will they be more like beastmen and horde the shit out of enemies?

>> No.29144822

>>29144781
Don't lie, the idea isn't all that great, as others have proven, this idea is full of holes.

Canonically, their tactics start off trying to be tactical and follow the Codex's teachings... But they do fall back on the old ways very quickly.

>> No.29144890

>>29118642
I saw that thread, was damn cool/

>> No.29144900

>>29144822

>Don't lie, the idea isn't all that great,

By space marine standards it is.

Seriously, the typical original content space marine chapter is this.

Chapter Name: The Emperor's Angels
Chapter Behavior: Very zealous and pious, they differ from other space marines in that they worship the Emperor as a God.
Chapter Enemies: Heretics, xenos, and daemons.
Chapter Allies: Sisters of battle, inquisition, imperial guard.
Chapter Tactics: The Emperor's Angels believe in striking with FURIOUS VENGEANCE, using strategies including drop pods, assault troops, and devastators.

I have seen at least 10 "this is my homebrew astartes chapter" threads that boiled down to this.

>> No.29144959

>>29144822
Well im not very fluffweisey guy, but i really like theway they would look like.

I can imagine that they would be very melee based chapter and eventually would go into berserkmode or something and wreck some havoc with axes.

>> No.29145428

>>29114350

Makes sense. With the Space Wolves, it was Fenris's colonists that had been genetically engineered with wolf DNA to better survive on Fenris. The mutated colonists turned into the Fenris wolves, but the managed to stabilize their DNA. The Fenris mutation comes back in certain Astartes recruits, becoming the cursed Wolfen.

It's possible that this Chapter's mutation was caused by recruiting from a poisoned recruiting pool, rife with latent mutant DNA that becomes active in some individuals during the gene-seed implantation.

These mutants can be recruited into a Death Company, used as seconded auxiliaries with a similar function to Scouts, or, extra heretically, integrated into the chapter's regular marines.

>> No.29145478

>>29144890
I must see this

>> No.29145732

>>29113923
Nice idea OP
I also thought about bringing beastmen to 40k, but as an IG army.
>Basically, the IG went to a primeval world, gathered the herd, gave them equipment, and sent them to war.
>Turns out these beastmen are more cunning, and have an innate talent to warfare
>badassness
will require a lot of bitz and effort to build it tough.

>> No.29145789

Well, i did some homework and found the perfect ship for this, a Lunar Cruiser.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lunar_Class_Cruiser#.UsAJifRdUkc

It's one of the simpler ships of the Imperium, so the AdMechs wouldn't go completely out of there way for it, because the technology to build them is still very much there. It was also a mainstay of the Great Crusade, so there was a lot of them. And its small enough to not be noticed, as well as having the firepower to deal with the odd Freeboota's that try and pick a fight.

>> No.29145999

>>29113923
Awesome.
This way maybe I will start my heretic mary sue Chapter of Fire Fox descended from Space wolfs with added SoBs

>> No.29146028

>>29145999
Trips. Now you have to do it.

>> No.29146306

>>29145999
good luck, post pics

>> No.29146504

>>29133156
>>29134771

Or make him a renegade Word Bearer to keep the religious aspect of it. IE One that stayed true to worship of the Emperor, but the corruption of his spess buddehs and the warp spawn ate away at his body.

>> No.29147160

I drew up some designs for Kolmor's weapon choices and Wargear.

Great Emperor’s Crook (Thunder Hammer, his personal hammer, a gigantic hammer that most Marines have trouble holding in two hands, it is said that a strike from this is the closest any Heretic will ever get to feeling the power of a true god.)
Eye of the Shephard (Power Force Sword, Though Kolmor doesn’t appear to have any Psyker ability, he has shown his ability to wield this sword as well as any Grey Knight. The blade was created with the instructions “I want Heretics to realize in their last moments that there is only one true God, and as the life drains from them, to stare into his all-seeing eyes and beg for forgiveness… And be snuffed by their holy might.”)
The Kneeling Mountain (Power Maul, An old saying states that “Mountains bow to nobody.” This weapon begs to differ.)
His Breath (Heavy Flamer, The holy flames spewed from this weapon is supposed to be the physically manifested Anger that the Emperor feels towards his enemies.)
Holy Words (Assault Cannon, each round from this cannon rips through heretics as the holy scriptures rips through their corrupted philosophy.)
Wrist-mounted Bolt gun.
Sanctity of of the Beast (Iron Halo)
Terminator Armour/Artificer Armour

>> No.29147595

>>29146504
We already made a loyalist Word Bearers chapter. It was awesome.

>> No.29147697

>>29136423
>(If Kolmor leaves the battlefield as a Casualty, all Emperor's Flock must take a leadership test. If passed, then they are allowed to immediately charge. then all enemy units within 6" have to take a leadership test. All Emperor's Flock units then gain Preferred Enemy on the faction that killed Kolmor.)
>Essentially, if the enemy kill him, then all your dudes either get scared and run, or really fuckin' pissed and charge, then the enemy either shit their pants and run, or stand and fight. And of course, your guys gain a deep hatred of that enemy. It makes Kolmor a wild card, killing him will either completely fuck your game, or completely fuck theirs...

You know, there's a reason people would joke about taking an ethereal on your opponents points, because it was that much of a handicap.

>> No.29147876

>>29147697
I remember kamikaze ethereals being a thing at some point though.

>> No.29149976

>>29146504
>>29147595 is right, do another one of the Legions, I, personally, think that Thousand Sons would be the perfect way to go.

The Thousand Sons had a lot of Psykers, so they probably had a load of Chaplains to balance this, plus they were always loyal to the Emperor, it was Russ being a Dickbag that forced them to go Traitor.

I think i read somewhere that the Loyalist that weren't slaughtered during the culling, split off and founded the Blood Ravens... Which is the whole "Massive Secret" that could bring down the whole chapter.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action