Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 197 KB, 1157x821, librarian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28984561 No.28984561 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

why do people keep looking forwards to new 40k releases?

isnt it mostly just disappointments?

>> No.28984567

Can I have an army made entirely out of those flying babies?

Those things are fucking wizard.

>> No.28984573

Hence a lot of people moving to Horus Heresy armies at half the size. Far fewer disappointing releases.

>> No.28984592

Because at any given point there is a number of people at the "Enthusiastic Hobbyist Stage" of the cycle.

>> No.28985406

>>28984561
Beacause theyre stoopid weabutt-hurt faggits from teh retard dimenson.

u mad, gw fanbois?

>> No.28985679

>>28984573
Still waiting them to do an Imperial Army list. As long time guard fan I've been waiting for this for a long time.

>> No.28985756
File: 33 KB, 320x200, 1387571137912.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28985756

>"Sales are falling because people aren't buying our models FOR SOME REASON."
>"Just up the prices again."
>"Internal and external polls indicate people want a plastic sisters release."
>"Just release more ultramarines."
You have to wonder why businessmen get rich sometimes and why market researchers aren't rounded up and thrown off a high cliff.

>> No.28985829
File: 299 KB, 1280x853, Electronic Hair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28985829

>>28985756
>"Internal and external polls indicate people want a plastic sisters release."
Do they actually, or that just the echo chamber of the internet fan community making it seem like they do?

>> No.28985864

>>28985756
I thought that GW was losing customers, but there were enough people staying around and paying the new prices that the price hike made up for the difference and they are still making some profits.

Is that wrong? Are there some charts or something we can look at?

>> No.28985912

>>28985864
nerds are still paying excessive prices, yes.

New people are being entirely priced out though, what's gonna happen when this generation dies out and the ones raised on video games ignore it?

>> No.28985995

>>28985912
They'll look at GW and move on to other tabletop wargames like Warmahordes which has better prices, better fluff, and better rules.

>> No.28986045

>>28985995
>Better fluff
No, just no. Warmahordes is like 40k if you sucked out all the fun from it. I'd rather play a more expensive game with a laxier community then a hyper competitive cheap one.

>> No.28986078

>>28986045
Your the reason why Gameworkshop is still hiking their prices.

>> No.28986111

>>28986045
Whether you think the universe is intersting or not is subjective, but a game is as competitive as you want it to be.

I remember a couple years ago at a game store they had a night where a bunch of WarmaHordes players tried to make the worst lists they could and play them out. It was hilarious.

>> No.28986113

>>28985756
Marketing people do not live in the same reality as you or I. They live in a reality of their own making, and when things do not line up to what they want, it is immediately everyone else's fault.

I was with an ambulance company where the marketing people would literally promise things that we did not even HAVE. They promised one nursing home a mobile ICU, which requires a nurse to ride along. They called us complaining about it and we told them we hadn't had one in two years.

>> No.28986136

>>28985912
>>28985995
They'll keep playing video games. Though considering DLC and microtransactions it's pretty much the same thing except you have to replace you system every ten years or so and for any particular game the multiplayer will only last about a year or two outside of massively popular titles.

>> No.28986146

>>28986078
I like the hobby so I spend money on it.
>>28986111
Yes but non-competitive play is often really hard to find even in casual games.

>> No.28986172

>>28986146
> Yes but non-competitive play is often really hard to find even in casual games.

I can honestly say I don't have that problem at the game stores I go to. I play and play against "fun" lists in WarmaHordes all the time.

>> No.28986174

>>28986113
Hence why Warhammer is actually a pretty cheap hobby. I used to do bicycling and good frame would often run you 1k. Now add in the cost of wheels, tires, brakes, and ect. you could easily spend 4k on a single bike alone.

>> No.28986177

>>28986045

Gotta agree with this guy. And Warmahordes isn't that much cheaper anymore. It costs a solid $250+ to get a 50 point army, which is what most people play at it seems like.

>> No.28986207

Soon enough will be a rich-people-only-game

>> No.28986225

>>28986174
You're on crack if you're spending that much on a bike unless it's a top of the line racing bike. God damn.

>> No.28986229

ITT: Poorfags being poor

>> No.28986262

>>28986174
>Spending 4k to do just bicycling
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.28986266

>>28986136
>microtransactions
Not even once.
As far as replacing your system, I just play older games. Deus Ex is still amazing.

>> No.28986276

>>28986229
>ITT: People being irresponsible with their money
This is why you're just sitting on the ladder instead of climbing it.

>> No.28986288

>>28984561
I don't play WH40k at all but does anyone realize how ridiculous that cyborg baby is?

>> No.28986327

>>28986276
Whatever you say, yurofag.

>> No.28986350

>>28986266
I bought Battlefied 3 and Dead Space 3 in the Humble Bundle that EA was having and I could not believe how much worse they were than their predecessors. So many of my favorite video games were made 5+ years ago.

>> No.28986357
File: 661 KB, 499x280, Yeah mang.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28986357

>>28986276
Your just mad I have enough money to be irresponsible with

>> No.28986402

Same here, except the game is 6th edition compared to rogue trader.

I swear I cried manly tears upon reading the imperial robot rules.

>> No.28986409

>>28986045
Warhammer fluff is fine if you you want full on black comedy, but nobody (not even the writers) seems to treat it like black comedy anymore. There are too many contradictions to take the fluff at face value and have it make sense, and even ignoring those contradictions the fluff is so dark and edgy it should be starring in a 14 year old's Hellsing fan fiction as an anthropomorphic hedgehog.

I like my games' fluff to be serious, deep, and contradiction free.

>> No.28986447
File: 111 KB, 1000x748, Warmahorde Fans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28986447

>>28985995

PP fanboys are worst boys.

When PP's prices stop being worse than GW's already insane ones, we can talk.

until then I will keep playing no minis games since 40k is shit now

>> No.28986649

As a new player that just bought his 1500pt army i don't find the prices to be absurd at all when you consider the amount of time and enjoyment you get from them. All the hours of modeling and painting and then playing the game itself.

Also people bitch a lot from what I gather with the upcoming releases, I think it happens a lot in many mediums besides modeling.

Also, can't we all just chill? We all love modeling, some people like WH40K, others WarmaHordes and stuff for different reasons.

>> No.28986652

>>28986409
That's my problem with 40k and Fantasy background as well. Like, you have a race of green skinned, cockny accented soccer hooligans who are so crazy that they collectively are able to make scratch-built machines work simply because they believe in them really hard.

Then you have the horrible dystopian nightmare that is the Imperium and the hell that is the Warp among other things.

The only thing I like about 40k are the Ciaphas Cain novels, becuase they ride the line between comedic and serious pretty well. People are not animals for the most part in those books, life doesn't have to be miserable all the time, but there are serious threats out there that people like Cain have to deal with.

>> No.28986695

>>28986649
> Also, can't we all just chill? We all love modeling, some people like WH40K, others WarmaHordes and stuff for different reasons.

NO FAGGOT

THIS IS THE INTERNET AND SOMEONE HAS TO WIN

Seriously, though, I think the reason people can get butt-hurt about game wars (not just table top but video games as well) is beacuse these things do cost a bit of money and if someone else buys something else then that is just one more person who you can't play your game against. So, people decry other games in the hopes that more people will play their game and not some other game.

>> No.28987432
File: 86 KB, 250x250, Tortuous.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28987432

>>28986695
>SOMEONE HAS TO WIN
Someone already has -
That's why the 4chan faggots are so butthurt.
Infappity could "lure players from Warhammer" if those players were already self-loathing otaku just discovering that they could be playing with loli dollies, warma gets a few 40k players each year who decide that they actually like the most simplistic tourneys and cartoonish models imaginable, and fringe "games" like mali or kd will get none, since they seem to be for people who like being alone. Some people just can't accept the facts.

>> No.28987545

>>28987432
Are you... supporting GW with this statement? Or are you saying that GW is "losing?" I honestly can't really tell.

>> No.28987986

>>28986262

>being a poorfag
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.28988349

>>28987432
I think the reasons people switch from Warhammer/40k to Warmahordes is the slightly better prices, consistent fluff, and more mature player base. I have yet to meet a whiney child or obvious cheater playing Warmahordes, those guys seem like a dime a dozen in 40k.

Also I...
>cartoony models
whattheactualfuck.jpg

>> No.28988627

>>28986409
>>28986652
So according to you guys serious, deep fluff = Everything has to be super realistic

What a bunch of unfun faggots

>> No.28988652
File: 114 KB, 420x300, troll-detected-gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28988652

>>28988627

>> No.28988675

>>28986447
>The torn crust coming from the shirt collar
I have no idea why but I just lost it .

>> No.28988692

>>28988652
Not a troll, it's the truth and you've done nothing to suggest otherwise. So yeah, call me a troll if you want.

>> No.28988719

>>28988627
>super realistic
>setting with 10 ton walking tanks that punch the shit outta dudes
Nigga, you just went full retard.

>> No.28988720

Games Workshop have the best minis and the best rules. People stick with them despite the price because they're the only option. GW hike the prices up because they know there's no competition.

For the cycle to end something better has to come along. So far, for 30 years, this has yet to happen.

>> No.28988752

>>28988719
So what's the problem with the 40k fluff then? Because I'm seeing no valid reasons in previous posts.

>> No.28988783

>>28988720
I would argue that Warmahordes has much, much better rules. The bit about models is quite subjective too.

I was afraid to make the jump from GW to PP at first, but I have not regretted it and am glad that I did.

>> No.28988792

>>28988692
Well, I didn't say anything about absolute realism = deep fluff. That was all you. In fact, I wasn't talking about realism at all.

What I was talking about was that things like the Cain novels are good because they stick to a generally light hearted tone without shifting towards too serious or too comedic. It's stability feels good and is immersive.

Most 40k background can't decide if its satirical or serious, which is annoying. It tries so incredibly hard to seem really dark and serious and yet has green soccer hooligans running around and orange furred tech savant primates.

If it could go either totally serious or totally satirical, it would be better all around.

>> No.28988823
File: 49 KB, 500x500, Russian Breakfast.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28988823

>>28988349

Man I wish I lived where you do. I got super excited to play some Warmachine a year or so back, bought and painted a whole 35 point army in like a month. Then I found out the local players are the most hardcore douchebags I have ever met, it was heartbreaking.

Sold the army on ebay, I still keep up with the fluff and stuff but fuck the people who play that game.

>> No.28988846

>>28988792
At some point it was satirical but now it's more serious than anything. I don't see anything what's so comical about the setting. Care to explain or give more examples?

Orks aren't really funny. Sure, british accents and they're dumb as fuck which kinda makes them silly by default but that really isn't satire. I don't see it, man.

>> No.28988851

>>28985829

Believe me, we want plastic SoB

>> No.28988856

>>28988752

\the things wrong with 40k is distilled into one thing: Spess Marhuuness

>> No.28988865

>>28988752
How about that it contradicts itself all over the place?

>No Grey Knight has ever fallen to chaos
>Dragio does lines of coke off Slaanesh's cock

That's just off the top of my head too. There is no policing of the fluff to ensure things are consistent. GW's policy is that everything is cannon, and that doesn't work when the game's been around since the mid 80's.

>> No.28988905

>>28986225
>>28986262
I used to race and honestly I believe it was money well spent on something I love. Gamers, car people, and other hobbyist spend just as much on their hobby so frankly I'm fine with 40k as is.

>> No.28988929

>>28988856
Still awaiting an actual point. Ok. Space marines. That's a start. Care to continue that with a coherent thought?

>>28988865
Are you sure that was Draigo? I remember reading in some other thread that, it wasn't even greyknight.

The contradictions make the fluff more fun in my opinion. Not everything is cannon, whatever you want to be cannon is cannon and it's always fun to discuss such things. That's the beauty of it.

>> No.28988935

>>28985679
>tfw Elysians, Death Korps, Vostroyans, and Steel Legion can make fine stand-ins for Skitarii ifyou paint them red.
>Dem Thallax
>Dat Castellax
>Dat Warpsmith
Screw CSM, I'm moving to Mechanicum. Any anti-FW/HH faggots in the store can kiss my skinny ass.

>> No.28988950

>>28988792
To each their own, brother. I build 40k armies because I have fun doing so. One would hope people don't feel any sort of consumer loyalty to any company. Everyone is going to have their own view on the fluff, all of which are correct.

>>28988865
I rarely find proof of critics enjoying anything except being a pain in the ass. Just read the bits you like, ignore the bits you don't. Its disturbing to need to justify having fun.

>> No.28989012

>>28988929
It's hard to say that Warhammer is a serious setting when Spess Marines come out looking like a bunch of jackass thirteen year olds attempted to one up eachother.

This masturbation over the fluff and stats is what really makes it hard to take the setting seriously. They really want you to get engrossed in the grimness of it all, but you have thousands of pyskers being sacrificed daily so that the emperor can cry microscopic tears.

>> No.28989017

>>28988792
I think Cain is a far more accurate sense of 40k than most of the Black Library works.

>>28988846
Let me pull out my rocking chair and ear horn and tell you how it used to be, humph. But you are right, 40k used to be satirical and darkly funny, in a tongue-in-cheek grimdark way. I suppose you could say it was one running gag of adding levels upon levels of ridiculousness. The whole point was that everything in the setting was over-the-top and not serious at all, and Rule of Cool won. We don't just have humans fighting space baddies, we have supersoldiers doing it. Oh, and they're all brain-bent fanatics. And they're fanatical for a dead leader they worship as a God. And the badguys used to be them. And they have chainsaw swords. And spikes.

Then at some point as they were developing the story they started testing out serious stuff, which was well-received because we all wanted more plot, but eventually the seriousness took precedence.

>> No.28989021

>>28988846
Well, the comedy is British black humor, so it's supposed to be funny in the sense that it's so ridiculous that people would act that way. It's supposed to be silly, but with death.

Orks are supposed to be funny not because they talk funny, but because soccer hooligans in real life are so rough and rowdy that they could very well be a roving band alien barbarians.

>> No.28989146

>>28989012
That sounds more like an issue of yours that you can't deal with a certain faction winning because you think of it as immature. What?! Super soldiers engineered by this god like being out of the dna of demigods kick ass and usually win? Color me surprised. Marines die a lot anyway.

>>28989021
Maybe that's the way it started out but honestly, considering the scale and how much into the future 40k is it isn't that far-fetched or over the top in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure most people don't draw a connection between orks and soccer hooligans anyway.

>>28989017
Thanks gramps.

>> No.28989153
File: 72 KB, 347x540, Iron_Knights_Space_Marine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28989153

>>28988865
>>28988929

The Chaos codex is obviously making a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to Draigo, but being he's a Grey Knights hero and the GW policy is 'no GK has ever fallen to Chaos' because that's the GKs area in the 40K-verse, the piece can't up and call him Draigo so it makes hints instead.

In-universe though, it could easily be explained as a member of pic related chapter.

>> No.28989173

>>28988929
>>28988950

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy getting completely wrapped up in fluff. When I like something I want to know and learn everything about it, I want complete immersion.

I can't do this with 40k. I don't ignore what I don't like, I take it all in and try to enjoy the whole of what the authors have crafted for me. But the more I learn about 40k the more plot holes and contradictions I see. Each one is like a hole in a blanket I'm trying to cover myself with: Too many holes and I'm not covered at all. This seriously hampers my enjoyment of all media, not just 40k.

>> No.28989206

>>28989173
Care to give me a few examples of some contradictions? Just curious

>> No.28989242

>>28989146
>I'm pretty sure most people don't draw a connection between orks and soccer hooligans anyway.
You never where a very bright child were you?

>> No.28989252

>>28989146
It's not about space marines consistently winning, it's how ridiculous their fluff is and how despite that, GW wants you to take it seriously.

>> No.28989287

>>28989242
Believe it or not, most people don't live in the shit UK

>> No.28989306

>>28989287
You're talking to an American.

>> No.28989315

>>28989252
>GW wants you to take it seriously.
Do they? Its hard to tell sometimes.

>> No.28989344

>>28986649
>As a new player that just bought his 1500pt army i don't find the prices to be absurd at all when you consider the amount of time and enjoyment you get from them. All the hours of modeling and painting and then playing the game itself.

But when you compare it to other hard-plastic miniatures it's pretty bad value.

>> No.28989400

>>28989306
So? Has nothing to do with what I'm saying. There's little connection between the two. Maybe Orks were supposed to parody them holligans at one point but really, there's no connection anymore and most people don't see it.

>> No.28989454

>>28989400
>Cockney accent
>Obsessed with violence
>Only form of authority are riots

ur dum

>> No.28989463

>>28988720
Well it seems to be happening, after over a decade of near monopoly we see smaller gaming companies popping up everywhere. Give them ten years and GW might be just be one actor among many.

>> No.28989511

>>28989454
The only thing they have in common is the accent.

Almost everyone in the 40k universe loves fucking violence, bruv.

ur the dum one

dum butt

>> No.28989533

>>28989400
>So? Has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
He was responding to your post implying people who don't live in the UK won't get the reference. Him being American has everything to do with what you were saying, moron.

>> No.28989581

>>28989533
Because one guys makes up the majority of Americans, right numbnuts?

>> No.28989622

>>28989315
Like we said, they didn't used to. Somewhere around 4th Ed they started really pushing the seriousness.

I think the change was when GW started trying to specifically target a younger audience. Pretty sure they saw that the humor was inaccessible to young folks, who wouldn't have the awareness/experience of why space soccer hooligans and spikes are funny. A regular Space Opera is much more understandable on a basic level.

It's the same reason for SPEZZ MAHREENZ focus too, by the way. It gives a much simpler way to get involved in the game when you can play with just basic knowledge. You don't need to know anything at all about the Heresy to play and enjoy the game, for example.

>> No.28989627

>>28989581
>>28989511
You gotta be trolling.

>> No.28989642

>>28989627
Not my fault ur dum

>> No.28989647
File: 71 KB, 873x627, 1387585477924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28989647

>>28989206
First and foremost, while not a contradiction pic related breaks all immersion because it's so retarded.

Actually, that's a better way to say it. It's not so much that stuff out and out contradicts other things (this does happen too), but that things make no logical sense.

For instance, the Khornate Knights.

Basically, codex writers do check other codexes before writing fluff, and the setting suffers because of it.

>> No.28989648

>>28989581
Lots of Americans watch British humor and have a smattering of understanding of British culture.

>> No.28989685

>>28989647
>Basically, codex writers do check other codexes before writing fluff, and the setting suffers because of it.
should be
>Basically, codex writers don't check other codexes before writing fluff, and the setting suffers because of it.

>> No.28989702

>>28989648
>Lots

no

Deal with it britaboo

>> No.28989712

>>28988905
>I'm fine with paying more than I should because everyone else does the same thing
Fucking retarded faggot.

>> No.28989790

>>28989702
>no
yes

Deal with it uncultured, uneducated swine.

>> No.28989831

>>28989790
>yes
no

You're arguing with the wrong person. I see the connection, you see it but that doesn't negate the fact that most people don't. What's so confusing about that, dumb fuck?

>> No.28989866

>>28989702
Pretty sure it's lots. Even boring mainstream people sit and watch TV everyday. Everyone I know wouldn't shut the fuck up about Skins for like ever.

>>28989685
I thought they made codexes wrong on purupose.

>> No.28989923
File: 522 KB, 1250x1500, 1274846682739.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28989923

>>28989173
Brother, that is like trying to enjoy the entire Star Wars series (prequels and all). I understand that you want the whole package but to be very blunt, youre nobody. Not trying to be offensive, just pointing out that out of all the people GW tries to please, one person's opinion means about as much as a fart in a hurricane.

They cannot please everyone. People have differing opinions. We just had a discussion about the Ultramarines in the HH series. Many of the pro-ultras despised how they are shown while many of the anti-ultras learned at least a grudging respect for them.

Expecting the world to cater to your desires will only lead you to disappointment.

>> No.28989941

>>28984561
why do people keep making shitposting threads?

is it because they're children on school holidays and /v/ is having a slow day?

>> No.28989956

>>28989831
"Lots" and "most" are not synonymous, dude.

>>28989866
>I thought they made codexes wrong on purpose.
To clarify, I used to think that each Codex was written to be intentionally biased towards the army it was presenting. The Guard codex presents them as noble heroes, the CSM codex presents them as clearly correct in their anti-imperialist view. Does that make sense? I always thought this was part of creating a (humorous?) atmosphere of competition between players.

I like that they portray the Guard as awesome heroes sometimes and cannon fodder the next. Both are true.

>> No.28989970

>>28989941
Because you exist

>> No.28989978

>>28989923
>We just had a discussion about the Ultramarines in the HH series. Many of the pro-ultras despised how they are shown while many of the anti-ultras learned at least a grudging respect for them.
Tee hee, I was one of those conversationalists.

>> No.28989999

>>28989941
Because /tg/ is great at taking shit threads and having interesting discussions come from them. You must be new here. I suggest you lurk more.

>> No.28990004

>>28989831
Most people do see the connection.
Sure, you're average soccer mom might not see the connection, but your average soccer mom doesn't spend her weekends painting plastic men she ordered from the UK. Anyone who knows enough about GW to own orks either knows enough about the UK to see the soccer hooligan connection or is unusually dense.

Also, most americans do know at least a little bit of British culture. Oliver Twist, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, Whose Line is it Anyway?, The Office, and Simon Pegg have taught us that much at least.

>> No.28990007

>>28989287
Venezuelan here, got the joke about the Orks being soccer hooligans. Argument invalid.

>> No.28990029

>>28989344
That's not what I've found, I looked at WarmaHordes and went for WH40K because I prefer the figures. And their quality is excellent, except for finecast.

>> No.28990055

>>28987432
I have no idea what you are even saying, so that picture is apt

>> No.28990058
File: 2.17 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28990058

I just tried to paint one of those. It was 20$. A Christmas gift for a buddy

>> No.28990124
File: 709 KB, 819x714, literallyd2g.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28990124

>>28989941

>> No.28990197

>>28989923
I don't expect to be catered to.

People asked what problems I had with 40k fluff and I gave them. I don't expect GW to change their policies for one man, but it is still my opinion that 40k fluff would be greatly improved by going through and making the whole thing consistent and logical. Pull the weeds as it were.

I think that Warmahordes fluff is vastly superior because it is more consistent and I can wrap myself up in it.

For the record I don't much care for Star Wars either.

>> No.28990233

Pricing isn't simply the cost of the plastic used to make the model.

For Games Workshop, model pricing is heavily correlated with how the codices are written. A librarian model is expected to have very low volume of sales because a Space Marine army is probably only going to have at most one librarian. The librarian model is created with a plastic injection would which can have a one time cost of thousands of dollars. The low volume of sales and high cost of the mold is why the librarian model costs so much more than other models despite having the same or less amount of plastic. The resin is cheaper because it's suited for small production runs with cheaper molds.

Whether or not a Tactical Squad gets meltagun wargear is actually a major business decision which can put thousands or even millions of dollars at stake.

>> No.28990322

>>28989287

And? I don't live in America but I knew that the Terrans in starcraft were rednecks.

>> No.28990527

>>28990197
>Star Wars
This is actually a good comparison. Star Wars only started out with enough plot to give the original movies background. Then all the other stuff had to get filled in and expanded later. The same with 40k...plot just never goes as smoothly if it's not all planned from the beginning. We're seeing it frequently with the HH stuff.

>> No.28990622

>>28988823
How did you write my story so completely?

You left out the part where I made a pretty healthy profit selling a fully-painted army, though.

>> No.28990719

>>28989647

>For instance, the Khornate Knights.

Oh for fuck's sake

KHORNE DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY ON BLOOD AND SKULLS

I mean I thought this would be pretty easy to understand considering the Imperium sticks skulls every damn where but I guess not.

Besides that, human blood (Especially the blood from those considered "pure') has been ascribed mystical properties throughout human history. The Grey Knight are pragmatists through and through, what are the lives of some Sisters compared to saving a world from Chaos? They needed the blood for a space magic ritual, space magic and superstition being something rely on quite a bit.

>> No.28990966

>>28990719
So then the Grey Knights, who are said to under no circumstances have ever fallen to the temptations of Chaos, needed to be more pure for a routine purging? Lets set aside the fact that space marines are said to be less about space magic and more about actual tactics and that nowhere else in the fluff does it make mention of such a ritual being used by the Imperium and that such rituals are common among the forces of Chaos and that it is considered heresy to attack a member of the Ecclesiarchy and that the Grey Knights could have taken the planet without the ritual. Yeah, still not buying it.

>> No.28991073

>>28989712
>I'm poor and don't understand what things cost

>> No.28991184

>>28990966
>So then the Grey Knights, who are said to under no circumstances have ever fallen to the temptations of Chaos
The Bloodtide is made of nanites from the Dark Age.
>needed to be more pure for a routine purging
It's not a routine purging, it's a daemon weapon they needed to be immune to which can penetrate power armor.
>Lets set aside the fact that space marines are said to be less about space magic and more about actual tactics
SPACE MAGIC IS WHAT GREY KNIGHTS DO.
>nowhere else in the fluff does it make mention of such a ritual being used by the Imperium
HEXAGRAMMATIC WARDS. THE FACT THAT EVERY BOLT OF THEIRS IS SOAKED IN THE BLOOD OF AN INNOCENT.
>that such rituals are common among the forces of Chaos
Yeah, holy rituals made to ward off Chaos are used by Chaos.
>it is considered heresy to attack a member of the Ecclesiarchy
By whom?
>that the Grey Knights could have taken the planet without the ritual
No they could not.

>> No.28991247

>>28990966

>So then the Grey Knights, who are said to under no circumstances have ever fallen to the temptations of Chaos, needed to be more pure for a routine purging?

They may be pure to the lure of Chaos in general, but that doesn't mean they're immune to a disease created by Nurgle or being punched by a Bloodthirster. The Bloodtide could have been very similar.

>Lets set aside the fact that space marines are said to be less about space magic and more about actual tactics

The Grey Knights were created specifically to combat Chaos, of course they're going to be different from other Chapters and rely more on space magic.

>and that nowhere else in the fluff does it make mention of such a ritual being used by the Imperium

Lots of things are mentioned once or twice in codexes or Black Library books and never brought up again.

>and that such rituals are common among the forces of Chaos

"There are those who might see contradiction between our abhorrence of the Daemon and our wielding of sorcery. Yet these contradictions live only in the minds of weak men and we are not accountable to such as they." - Grand Master Valdar Aurikos

> and that it is considered heresy to attack a member of the Ecclesiarchy

Maybe to Ecclesiarchy, other Imperial organizations might not give two flying fucks. Besides much like the Inquisition, the Grey Knights are above Imperial law.

>and that the Grey Knights could have taken the planet without the ritual

You know this how?

>> No.28991317

>>28989648
British humor blows. If it's not Monty Python (ugh), the fans are usually watch it because they're UKphiles and it makes them feel refined.

>> No.28991402

>>28991317
I disagree, but this isn't /tv/ so I think it would be off topic to explain why or to provide numerous examples to the contrary of your opinion.

>> No.28991912

>>28991317
Humor is only as good as your understanding of it. I remember one scene in a movie, Memoirs of a Geisha, a soldier is attempting to get it on with the leading lady. In the scene, his dog tags are dangling from his neck and he proceeds to toss them over his shoulder and begin the ravishment. In a very awkward moment, I found myself to be the only one in the room chuckling about it. Apparently, I was the only one to be able to relate to the action.

TLDR: Humor is universal, context is not.

>> No.28992221

>>28991912
I suppose most of my issue with British humor is the fan base.

>> No.28992456

So who would win in a war between the Grey Knights and the Minotaurs.

>> No.28992522

>>28992456
Grey Knights, easy.
Of course, the Minotaurs would show up like ten years later, wargear and all, different guys, same old Asterion Moloc.

>> No.28993059

>>28984561

That's why I mainly look forward to Forge World releases. It lets me play 40K without any bullshit from GW proper (yes, FW is GW, whatever).

Carcharodons army, no allies because filthy xenos and heretics aren't worth allying and all Imperials are too jelly of my sick tattoos and just stand and 'mire whenever they're in 6" of me, I don't use fortifications because I don't play wargames just to cower in pussy ass hidey holes.

So that means an army filled with Forge World pre-Heresy armor, cool legion unit conversions, Fire Raptors, Forge World tanks and superheavies, etc.

>> No.28993317

>>28992522

Minotaurs would win. More tech, more numbers, and technically more authority (no Inquisitor would try to supersede all the High Lords combined, even if they technically could).

Realistically they would never fight, especially all out. Maybe a small group of GK would kill or mindwipe some Minotaurs but it wouldn't affect the Minotaurs at all.

>> No.28993417

>>28993317
>More tech
Nope.
>more numbers
They both have a thousand.
>technically more authority
Malleus Remit is all the authority.

>> No.28993443

>>28993417
>They both have a thousand.
Grey Knights have more than that.

>> No.28993507

>>28993417
>more tech

Yup.

>more numbers

Wrong. GK is unknown, around 1000, Minotaurs is confirmed over 1000.

>Malleus Remit

Which may only be issued against daemonic threats.

#rekt gg no re GKfag pls go 5E called they said your mom was a the dildo factory

>> No.28993551

>>28993443
Ben Counter please fuck off.
>>28993507
>Yup.
Nope. It's specifically stated in their fucking codex that they have ONE OF THE MOONS OF MARS making all their shit.
>Wrong. GK is unknown, around 1000, Minotaurs is confirmed over 1000.
Where? It specifically says they both are about 1000 Marines.
>Which may only be issued against daemonic threats.
The ones that are everywhere?

>> No.28993591

>>28989463
And you look at some of the people who are making new games and minis and they are ex GW people from before GW went off the rails.

>> No.28993651

>>28993551
>Nope. It's specifically stated in their fucking codex that they have ONE OF THE MOONS OF MARS making all their shit.

Guess what retard, High Lords can give them anything from the MOONS OF MARS, AND MARS PROPER, AND EVERY OTHER FW IN THE IMPERIUM.

>> No.28993667

>>28993651
Nah, not really. It's also said they get stuff no one else knows how to make. Like psilencers.

>> No.28993672

>>28993551
>The ones that are everywhere?

Minotaurs aren't daemons. The High Lords aren't going to accept/the Inquisitor won't have the balls to pull out the permit just so they can fight the Minotaurs.

They couldn't even do anything to the Space Wolves.

>> No.28993688

>>28993672
The High Lords are, however, going to accept "tell your dogs to fuck off, the Grey Knights have better things to kill".

>> No.28993692

>>28993667

The only reason no one else uses psilencers is because they aren't an army of psykers backed by the Inquisition or the High Lords.

If the Minotaurs were an all psyker chapter they'd probably be wearing aegis and other GK shit too.

Tartaros is MORE valuable and better in every way from GK terminator armor, except for the anti-daemon and psychic portions.

>> No.28993707

>>28993688

The Minotaurs are expressly funded to take care of marine problems. GKs are still marines. GKs can pussy out if they want, but the Minotaurs won't if the fight has to happen.

>> No.28993715

>>28993692
>Tartaros is MORE valuable and better in every way from GK terminator armor
You fucking joking nigger? Grey Knight terminator armor is the best in the entire Imperium.

>> No.28993733

>>28993707
>The Minotaurs are expressly funded to take care of marine problems.
A Grey Knight is worth roughly five or so ordinary marines. They'd stomp the Minotaurs.

>> No.28993793

>>28993715

Every post you make shows how little you know, but that's unsurprising given the position of your argument.

>Aegis Terminator Armour - The Aegis Terminator Armour used by the Space Marines of the Grey Knights Chapter is similar to the standard Indomitus Pattern Terminator Armour but is inscribed with a complex network of protective prayers, runes and other wards which are psychically charged to provide better protection for a Grey Knight Astartes from the sorcerous powers of daemons and other servants of Chaos. The only major difference between Aegis Terminator Armour and the standard Indomitus Pattern besides the extra layer of psychic protection are the suit's helmet, which has been constructed to be very similar to that used by the ancient Mark III Iron Pattern suit of Power Armour.

> Perhaps the most advanced form of Terminator Armour ever designed, the Tartaros Pattern shares many systems with the Mark IV Maximus Pattern of Power Armour, and provides greater mobility for its wearer than the Indomitus Pattern, with no loss in durability or protection.

Like stated, if ignoring the daemonic and psychic portions, Tartaros is better. Period. Because Aegis is explicitly stated to be equivalent to Indomitus while Tartaros is superior to Indomitus.

>> No.28993816

>>28993733

Most chapters can stomp the Minotaurs. That's why the Minotaurs throw 10 marines decked out in ancient technology at every enemy.

Minotaurs are the space marine versions of IG platoons and penal legions. They are just expendable mobile weapon platforms.

>> No.28993841

>>28993793
Why would you ignore that portion? Sanctified and warded armor is much rarer and more expensive than the normal kind.

>> No.28993883

>>28993841
Rarer and more expensive does not equal better.

>> No.28993896

>>28993883
Kinda does, really. You get what you pay for.

>> No.28993899

I'm waiting to hear about someone making their army from a 3D printer.

>> No.28993929

>>28993841
>Sanctified and warded armor is much rarer and more expensive than the normal kind.

Tartaros isn't the "normal kind" nigger, it's arguably rare than aegis armor since aegis is being shat out by a FW while Tartaros are relics. Even regular terminator armor is already a relic.

>> No.28993942

>>28993929
>Tartaros are relics
Prove it!
I'm pretty sure they can still make it.

>> No.28993961

>>28993841
>Why would you ignore that portion?

BECAUSE MINOTAURS AREN'T DAEMONS

You have to be a GK fanboy, because you don't know any fluff and are for some reason arguing in their favor in a topic you know nothing about. God knows why if you don't actually like the GK.

I don't like the Minotaurs but I'm still going to call out any dipshit who thinks their special snowflake chapter will somehow outfinesse and beat a chapter that THROWS TERMINATORS AT YOU LIKE THEY'RE GAUNTS AND WERE MADE TO KILL MARINES

>> No.28994006

>>28993942
>I'm pretty sure they can still make it.

Prove it.

>> No.28994060

>>28994006
Burden of proof is on you.
>>28993961
Yes, I absolutely think the Grey Knights will win. Why? Because quantity isn't fucking quality. They both have only 1000 Marines and each individual Grey Knight is way better than each individual Minotaur. As such there is no way that would end in a Minotaur victory.

>> No.28994120

>>28994060
>get a load of this plebe

“Quantity has a quality all its own.”

― Joseph Stalin

>> No.28994144

>>28994060
>They both have only 1000 Marines and each individual Grey Knight is way better than each individual Minotaur. As such there is no way that would end in a Minotaur victory.

Prove it. There is no explicit number count for either chapter.

Why do you insist on continuing to make shitty posts filled with fallacious and false statements?

>> No.28994168

An all out war between two chapters would not end in a single day, thus the Minotaurs rapid recruitment ability would outstrip the Grey Knight's ability to replace casualties.

>> No.28994222

>>28986111

THAT'S RATING YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY, NOT THE GAME!

>> No.28994227

>>28994120
'My army sucks"
-Stalin
>>28994144
>There is no explicit number count for either chapter.
IT SAYS THERE ARE ROUGHLY 1000 IN THE GREY KNIGHTS' GOD DAMN CODEX.
Further, the Minotaurs are explicitly a Codex chapter.

Why are you such a faggot?

>> No.28994288

A GKGM is a master swordsman without peer.

Ragnar Blackmane slew a GKGM before he could draw his sword.

Ragnar Blackmane is a generic brawler who can potentially have Eternal Warrior through his sagas and tribal spiritualism.

No GKGM is skilled or hardy enough to have Eternal Warrior except Draigo, who is no longer in the material realm.

Asterion Moloc specializes in dirty fighting and anti-marine fighting, and is skilled and tough enough to have Eternal Warrior, and a powerful laser.

Moloc will just suckerpunch the GK officers with his laser, then run roughshod over the GK command and work his way down, soloing the entire GK chapter using dirty tactics.

>> No.28994329

>>28994288
>This is what Minotaurs fanboys actually believe
The Space Wolves are the biggest creator's pet Marty Stus in the setting. Using them as an example of anything is full fucking retard.

>> No.28994343

>>28994227

GK are spread out, they will never rally all of them in time, whereas the Minotaurs never split up.

>> No.28994358

GKs couldn't even do anything to SW. How will they do anything to the entire Imperium, which is what the High Lords pretty much are? They can call in Ultras and all sorts of founding legions to back up their pet chapter.

>> No.28994387

>>28994329
>Minotaurs fanboys

Lol ain't even mad

>>28993961

inb4'd like 20 hours ago, where you been?

But being as big a GKfaggot as yourself, I wouldn't cast stones in that faggoty glass house you got there.

>> No.28994392

Grey Knights:
>On paper, each of the Chapter's eight Brotherhoods contains roughly one hundred Battle-Brothers under arms. This nominal figure does not include the Brotherhood's officers: the Brother-Captain in active command, the Brotherhood Champion and the Grand Master who holds final responsibility over the Brotherhood.
Minotaurs:
>In terms of broad organization the Minotaurs conform to both the structural and squad-level patterns of the Codex Astartes[...]
They do follow up by talking about their much faster replenishment rate afterwards, to note.

>> No.28994405

>>28994358
>GKs couldn't even do anything to SW.
Nobody can do anything to Space Wolves.
>How will they do anything to the entire Imperium, which is what the High Lords pretty much are?
The Inquisition is above the law.
>They can call in Ultras and all sorts of founding legions to back up their pet chapter.
I hope you don't really think the founding chapters are at the beck and call of the High Lords.

>> No.28994436

>>28994405
Inquisition versus Imperium, now that's a sight to behold. Ultramarines would probably rather make a full split than take a side i figure.

>> No.28994469

>>28994392
Yeah, even after apocalyptic engagements the Minotaurs are usually back to full strength within a month to a year.

>> No.28994489

>>28994392

So 800+ HQ staff vs. 1000.

>> No.28994509

>>28994469

Questing is for fags, real men powerlevel straight to endgame.

>> No.28994556

>>28994489
>800+ HQ staff
Eight brotherhoods+ Purifier and Paladin Brotherhoods, in fact. So, about 1000.

>> No.28994635

>>28994556

Paladin and Purifier are not brotherhoods, as stated in GK fluff itself.

Here, have even more damning proof:

>So careful is the selection that there are seldom more than a few score Purifiers within the Chapter at any one time.

So more than 800, but less than 1000, guaranteed.

>> No.28994647

>>28994556
Purifiers are smaller, it is noted in the Codex -
>The Purifiers can be considered a separate and entirely unique Brotherhood, albeit a small one. There are rarely more than forty Purifiers at any one time, and on those occasions when their numbers do swell, it inevitably foreshadows some great incursion.
Paladin numbers are not mentioned though, so presumably something along the lines of an ordinary Brotherhood.

>> No.28994687

>>28994635
>>28994647
Well, I figured the Paladins made up for Purifier numbers. Because I'm fairly certain it says there are a thousand somewhere, but I don't have the codex on this computer.

>> No.28994695

>>28984561
30$ for a single miniature? Wow. I can almost pick up Malifaux again for that much money. Double that money and I'd never have to buy anything again.

>> No.28994729

>>28994687
I am reading the codex right now, on the part of Chapter Organisation, but i can't see paladin numbers being mentioned or discussed anywhere. As pointed up above, only the rough size of a Brotherhood, and the approximate numbers of the Purifiers are mentioned.

>> No.28994795

>>28985756
>people want a plastic sisters release

Yeah, you and 5 other neckbeards. Protip; nobody besides you and your group of idiots gives a fuck about your fetishy nuns

>> No.28994850

>>28994687

I will admit if it's 1000 vs. 1000 the GK will win, but my entire argument is based on the fairly safe assumption that GKs are under 1000, split up, and the Minotaurs are the Minotaurs. We all know how they work.

>> No.28994940

>>28994850
>my entire argument is based on the fairly safe assumption that GKs are under 1000, split up, and the Minotaurs are the Minotaurs. We all know how they work.
See, I'm not. Grey Knights versus Minotaurs isn't "all the Minotaurs versus some of the Grey Knights".

>> No.28995069

>>28994940

1. You will never realistically assemble the entire GK chapter. You WILL frequently find the entire Minotaur chapter flying around being dicks.
2. The Minotaurs are STILL equipped in better equipment. Of course you will deny this because you haven't read a single page of FW in your life and don't even know what Tartaros is.
3. The GKs are STILL confirmed for being under 1000 strong.
4. The GKs aren't even very strong, see the Space Wolf vs. GK bullshit. They aren't a chapter of chapter masters or daemon princes.
5. The Minotaurs aren't daemonic, so not only do most of your specialties not work, but neither does the authoritative sway of the Inquisitor's gambit get out of jail free against daemons card.
6. The High Lords have far more resources and pull than the Ordo Malleus alone.
7. A protracted war means a gauranteed loss due to the Minotaurs' recruitment methods as well as their supply lines, being able to throw away Vindicators and Land Raiders like they do terminators and marines.

>> No.28995173

>>28995069
>You will never realistically assemble the entire GK chapter. You WILL frequently find the entire Minotaur chapter flying around being dicks.
>>The Grey Knights first encountered the Blade of Antwyr during the latter years of M37. It was one of the many horrors unleashed upon the galaxy during the mad years of the Occlusiad, unearthed from amongst the ruins of an ancient temple by apostles of the Blind King. A Daemon weapon of great power, the Blade of Antwyr swiftly corrupted its discoverer’s mind and body. Together, sword and slave made bloody war upon the Vidar, Tremayne and Darkspire sectors, a war only ended by the intercession of all eight Brotherhoods of Grey Knights.
>The Minotaurs are STILL equipped in better equipment. Of course you will deny this because you haven't read a single page of FW in your life and don't even know what Tartaros is.
Not really, since the GK codex goes extensively into how they get the best of the best.
>The GKs are STILL confirmed for being under 1000 strong.
Where?
>The GKs aren't even very strong, see the Space Wolf vs. GK bullshit. They aren't a chapter of chapter masters or daemon princes.
The Space Wolves could kick the shit out of anyone because they're super special Marty Stus.
>The Minotaurs aren't daemonic, so not only do most of your specialties not work, but neither does the authoritative sway of the Inquisitor's gambit get out of jail free against daemons card.
Nigger, the Grey Knights shitstomped the entire Flame Falcons chapter, and it wasn't even a contest.
Cont.

>> No.28995198

>>28995069
>The High Lords have far more resources and pull than the Ordo Malleus alone.
An attack on one Ordo is an attack on all of them.
>A protracted war means a gauranteed loss due to the Minotaurs' recruitment methods as well as their supply lines, being able to throw away Vindicators and Land Raiders like they do terminators and marines.
Why would it be protracted? The Minotaurs don't do sieges.

>> No.28995267

>>28995198
>The Minotaurs don't do sieges.
They do them well, though.
>The Chapter prefers to operate as a whole, or at least in as few divisions of its forces as possible in any given theatre of war, concentrating and thereby maximising its destructive power. This is a strategy that has allowed the Minotaurs to excel at siegecraft and bla bla bla
They also mention their "excellent supplies of heavy arms and war machinery", and this presumably includes Vindicators too.

>> No.28995311

>>28995267
What I'm saying is they don't really focus on sieges, so I figure it wouldn't be that protracted an engagement.

>> No.28995316

>>28995173
>Not really, since the GK codex goes extensively into how they get the best of the best.

What part of "so do the Minotaurs" don't you understand?

>> No.28995335

>>28995316
So then they're about equal, equipment-wise.

>> No.28995337

>>28995173
>Where?

Scroll up in this thread dipshit, there aren't 10 brotherhoods. Even with purifiers existence alone you're guaranteed to be under 1000 because there are less than 100 purifiers and only eight confirmed brotherhoods at 100.

>> No.28995359

>>28995311

Yeah, you figure a lot of shit, and all of it's wrong. Just stop fucking posting. Try filling both your hands with more GK cock to go with the one in your mouth to spare us from your inane blathering.

Not only do you fail to refute any valid Minotaur arguments, you only provide incorrect GK ones.

>> No.28995371

>>28995337
>Even with purifiers existence alone you're guaranteed to be under 1000 because there are less than 100 purifiers and only eight confirmed brotherhoods at 100.
The numbers of the Paladin are never at any point listed.
>>28995359
I've refuted every post you've made. Stop sucking so much Minotaur dick.

>> No.28995434

>>28991317
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>> No.28995452

>>28991317
>>28995434
(Sorry, that was a late answer, I went to dinner and didn't refresh. Ignore me.)

>> No.28995470

>>28995371
There are probably relatively few Paladins - the codex says they are used as bodyguards for Grand Masters and Apothecaries, and the eight quests seems pretty hard. Banishing one of the 666 most powerful daemons ever with only a force sword & true name is likely something rarely done, and it's unlikely they can get enough apperances of said daemons - and aspirants indeed succeeding in banishing them - that they can keep approximately 150 paladins around at all times.
Of course, no exact number is mentioned, though.

>> No.28995512

A plastic character model costs more than a resin character model!

Clearly this means something!

>> No.28995525

>>28995470
I'm willing to think there are a bit over 900 Grey Knights, honestly. I'm just saying nothing actually says there are less than 1000 Grey Knights.

>> No.28995550

>>28995371
>I've refuted every post you've made. Stop sucking so much Minotaur dick.

No, you haven't. Stop sucking GK dick.

You can't even prove there's 1000 GKs when there's already proof there's less than 1000.

>> No.28995555

>>28995371
>>28995359

Guys, Guys!...
>>28992180

>> No.28995572

>>28995371
>I've refuted every post you've made.

Just like everyone of your posts has been refuted. Checkmate.

>> No.28995585

>>28995572
Seems we're at an impasse.

>> No.28995647

>>28995572
>>28995585
>arguing on the internet
>even if you win, you lose

>> No.28995650
File: 67 KB, 550x495, csm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28995650

>>28995572
>>28995585
Then, i must hereby declare the Minotaurs the losers of this debate. Of course, the Grey Knights too.
Chaos is hereby declared the winner of this argument!

>> No.28995727
File: 92 KB, 879x845, Grey Knight Terminator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28995727

>>28995650
Stop right there, traitorous scum!

>> No.28995743
File: 221 KB, 800x800, Emperopoke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28995743

>>28995650

>> No.28995838
File: 54 KB, 450x320, ohhoho.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28995838

>>28995650

>> No.28995895

>>28995572
But the greyknights would still win even without a full 1000 members. They're like the navy seals of space marines

>> No.28995987

>>28995895

Then why did one drunken viking behead their best swordsman before he could even move?

>> No.28995993

>>28995987
because shit writers

>> No.28996002

>>28995987
Because the Space Wolves are special snowflakes? How many times must this be answered?

>> No.28996003

>>28995993

That's the reason GKs exist too.

>> No.28996010

>>28996003
HAR HAR`

>> No.28996018

>>28996002

And the GK aren't? The GK are even bigger snowflakes than the wolves.

>> No.28996045

>>28996018
Not really. The Grey Knights give up everything to fight daemons. The Space Wolves are just better than everyone for no real reason.

>> No.28996046

>>28996002
>>28996018
You guys are using the phrase "special snowflake" wrong.

>> No.28996066

>>28996046
Not at all. The Space Wolves, above anyone else, are the special unique snowflakes of the Space Marines.

>> No.28996186

>>28996066
They might be, but it's not synonymous with "Mary Sue", which is how you guys seem to be using it.

>> No.28996221

>>28996186
They're both.

>> No.28996222

>>28996045
>this entire thread
>THE GKS ARE THE STRONGEST
>THEY GET THE BEST GEAR
>THEY CAN BEAT ANYONE
>IF YOU BEAT THEM YOU ARE WRITTEN BY SHITTY AUTHORS

Are you shitting me, nigger?

>> No.28996291

>>28996222
>This entire nigger
>THE GKS ARE THE NIGGEREST
>THEY GET THE BEST NIGGER
>THEY CAN NIGGER ANYONE
>IF YOU BEAT THEM YOU ARE WRITTEN BY SHITTY NIGGERS

Are you niggering me, nigger?

>> No.28996299

>>28996222
>>THE GKS ARE THE STRONGEST
>>THEY GET THE BEST GEAR
>>THEY CAN BEAT ANYONE
That's literally canonically true though. They are way better than normal Marines. To the degree that a test of purity they do to Marines is "fistfight a Grey Knight, if you win you're clearly tainted".
>>IF YOU BEAT THEM YOU ARE WRITTEN BY SHITTY AUTHORS
If the book takes out a paragraph to go into how this guy got to where he is with his amazing combat prowess, and then has him decapitated before he can unsheathe his blade, and the other Grey Knights just sit there with their thumb up their asses the whole time, that's a shitty fucking author.

>> No.28997912
File: 289 KB, 873x1268, 1387613467631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28997912

Why does a box of three mans cost the same as a box of ten mans?

>> No.28997938

>>28996291
bravo, nigger

>> No.28999164

>>28989344

Citadel stuff is really nicely detailed though, I'll give them that. Combined with a solid universe and interesting factions, I feel more compelled to play their crappy unbroken FOTM favoring pay to win game than some others.

>> No.28999179

>>28991912

CLICK RATTLE CLICK CLICK RATTLE CLICK CLICK CLICK RATTLE CLICK CLICK

>> No.28999299

>>28992221
You mean Brits and Scandinavians?

>> No.28999865

>>28994695
Well good for you!

>> No.29000701

>>28994795
>people in this hobby
>not giving a shit about fetishy stuff

Why do you think Dark Eldar sold so well? They're at least twice as fetishy as Sisters.

>> No.29000712

>>29000701
They are also badass and funny.
And most of their squads don't look alike.
sisters squad, heavy weapon sisters squad, jet pack sisters squad, another heavy weapon sisters squad...

>> No.29000751

>>29000712
And all space marine units have the same power armor, and all IG infantry have the same flak armor, and all Eldar units have the same mesh/aspect armor...

>> No.29000757
File: 5 KB, 85x112, 1204043789459.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29000757

>>29000712
>They are also badass and funny.
>Dark Eldar
>badass

>> No.29000789
File: 222 KB, 900x1321, 1387640206236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29000789

>>29000757
Problems?

>> No.29001031

>>28985829
>just the echo chamber of the internet fan community making it seem like they do
It's largely this.

>> No.29001186

>>28986288
Yeah, if it weren't for the flying baby and the cartoony paint job, it'd be a pretty good model.

>> No.29002326

>>28985829
>do people want plastic sisters?
>no, only people online want plastic sisters

what are you even trying to say?

>> No.29002359

>>28997912
the money value of minis is not the actual money value of the material + sculpting, if you were just paying for material + sculpting all miniatures would be cheap as fuck

you are paying for the brand, and you are also paying for the "rarity" of the model. think about it this way, for a big army you might need 100 soldiers but only 3 heroes, so overall they sell way less heroes than soldiers

in order to balance that they raise the price on the hero, trying to hit the point where its expensive enough that its worth producing them, and cheap enough that players are ok with paying more for just 1 model

>> No.29003183
File: 28 KB, 332x360, 1117955235_ctan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
29003183

Whats going on, this thread?

>> No.29005244

>>29002326

He is talking about a vocal minority.

>> No.29007165

>>28984561

Oh no, people enjoying things. New models is always good, even if they're crap. Means more 2nd hand stuff for me to strip and fix.

>> No.29008390

>>28989712

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." -- Publilius Syrus

There is no absolute worth or value for anything other than currency itself, and then only tautologically (i.e. the currency is worth what the currency is worth).

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action