Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.28698239 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What exactly motivates the Eldar?
So far in conflicts between Eldar and the Imperium there's basically only 2 reasons ever given:
Imperium settled/is invading a Maiden/Exodite world
Eldar manipulate other threats to the Imperium so they don't have to deal with it
There's mention of a lot of Eldar raiders, but what are they for? Eldar make everything from Wraithbone and have superior technology, what exactly do they need to steal from the Imperium?

I don't get, exactly, what might motivate Eldar to assault an Imperial world? Destroy chaos corruption/artifacts? That's fighting Chaos, and an Inquisitor would've done the same thing. Genestealer cult dragging Tyranids around? Ditto.

It's hard to give motivation to a race that has infinite resources and automated production and doesn't really need anything besides to be left alone or fight Chaos.

>> No.28698303

>>28698239
Like you said, destroying chaos cults, artifacts, genestealers, or perhaps their seers saw that the squads currently on the planet would attack Eldar in the future, so they are attempting to stop them now with the element of surprise

>> No.28698325

>>28698303
and like I said, that's not fighting the Imperium, thats fighting Chaos and Genestealers. They basically have zero reason to unless the Imperium is the aggressor.

>> No.28698336

Do the Eldar have infinite resources? I was under the impression that they at least required food, water, and whatever wraithbone grows from.

>> No.28698341

>There's mention of a lot of Eldar raiders, but what are they for? Eldar make everything from Wraithbone and have superior technology, what exactly do they need to steal from the Imperium?

You do know that Eldar Craftworlds DESTROYED other Eldar Craftworlds over mining rights, right?

Wraithbone and superior technology my arse.

They still need resources to survive. Slaves, minerals, food, etc.

>> No.28698345

They're technically a dying race trying to reclaim control of the galaxy.

>> No.28698380

>>28698325
Well some Eldar don't have bonesingers and must steal to survive, also there is a story somewhere of Eldar and Space Marines being mates and after their little alliance the Eldar slaughtered them all because a warlock saw that in several years they would kill an Eldar. The imperium wasn't really the aggressor there, Eldar just reacting to what they think/ saw will happen

>> No.28698392

>>28698341
>You do know that Eldar Craftworlds DESTROYED other Eldar Craftworlds over mining rights, right?
No, what is that from?
>Wraithbone and superior technology my arse.
Eldar don't have wraithbone and superior technology? k
>They're technically a dying race trying to reclaim control of the galaxy.
No they're not, it says in their Codex their goal is survival

>> No.28698424

>>28698336
>whatever wraithbone grows from
>It is a form of crystallized psychic energy that can exist as a solid in realspace brought forth from the Warp and shaped by an Eldar concentrating his thoughts and intent upon it.
It grows out of magic

>> No.28698458

>>28698239
Ultimately, their main goal is surviving long enough to find a way to stop Slaanesh. If that means a few million humans must die to save 10 or 20 Eldar, then so be it. Better us than them, as far as they care.

For example, if Eldrad hadn't arranged for Ghazghull to attack Armageddon, the WAAAAGH! would have destroyed a Craftworld instead. The fact that it went on to cause two costly wars and has a death toll somewhere in the millions is irrelevant, since none of those million lives lost are Eldar lives.

>> No.28698466

>>28698424

>magic

Just like magnets!

>> No.28698471

>>28698392
>>No, what is that from?
White Dwarf Index Xenos Eldar

>Each Craftworld is independent and conducts its own affairs and wages its own wars. Craftworlds do sometimes ally together to face a common threat, or to achieve a common objective, but such alliances are usually temporary and have no lasting significance. Of course, all Eldar are united by a common culture and racial identity, but that means little when it comes to defending the interests of their own particular Craftworld. Wars between one Craftworld and another are certainly not uncommon. Such wars are almost always fought over a locally disputed world, or colonising and mining interests. Such conflicts grow out of local disputes, and are usually resolved within a short time. For one Craftworld to actually assault and attempt the destruction of another would be regarded as a terribly wasteful and purposeless enterprise. Although such calamitous events have happened in the past they are not common.

>Eldar don't have wraithbone and superior technology? k

They don't have technology to make themselves self efficient, get it?

>> No.28698475

>>28698392
"Reclaiming control of the galaxy" is mostly Biel-Tan's thing. Most of the other Craftworlds aren't quite that ambitious.

>> No.28698506

>>28698471
The only faction that has the tech to be fully self-sufficient is the Orks, and that's only because their spores terraform any planet to make it Ork-friendly.

>> No.28698520

>>28698458
Yes I know, did you not see I listed that as one of the only two ever given reasons? And even in that case, the Eldar are not the ones attacking the Imperium, they are having other people do it.
>Such wars are almost always fought over a locally disputed world, or colonising and mining interests.
What exactly do they mine, when everything is made from wraithbone?
>They don't have technology to make themselves self efficient, get it?
Your claim is both unsupported and still does not explain why everything they use is made from wraithbone and also why they need low tech Imperial technology and resources, get it?

>> No.28698535

>>28698506
Not really.

Orks raid loot, conquer, mine to fund their endless Waaaaghs!

The Green Industry will not feed itself by itself.

>> No.28698541

>>28698239
Their ultimate goal is delaying the Rhana Dandra long enough for the phoenix lords to be powerful enough to defeat the chaos gods and cause the mutual annihilation of materium and immaterium.

>> No.28698553

I don't know about you guys, but the Eldar are starting to sound very Jewish.

>> No.28698583

>>28698553
/pol/, you are drunk. Go home.

>> No.28698585

>>28698553
Anything involving Eldrad sounds like something /pol/ would come up with.

>> No.28698592

>>28698520
Wouldn't be the first inconsistency that GW's shoddy writing has caused.

>>28698541
You completely forgot about forming Ynnead from the souls of the Eldar contained within the infinity circuits, and in any case Rhana Dandra is just a myth as far as anyone knows.

>> No.28698617

>>28698520
>Your claim is both unsupported and still does not explain why everything they use is made from wraithbone

It's supported by the line that says are willing to war and GENOCIDE their own kind for mining rights. Gee gosh...If they Wraithbone was so great all this bullshit wouldn't be a thing would it?

>What exactly do they mine, when everything is made from wraithbone?

Look at this Wraith lord's sword. Guess what are they made of.

METAL! And metal comes from where? MINES!

You an Spess loving degenerate, So I don't expect you to understand anything about metal, mines, or their importance.

>> No.28698633

>>28698617
>METAL! And metal comes from where? MINES!

I thought metal comes from rocks.

>> No.28698660

>>28698617
GW just needed an excuse to explain why you could have two Eldar armies fighting each other. Don't throw a shitfit over it.

>> No.28698669

I'll go ahead and give you guys a friendly warning that Carnac Anon is in this thread

>>28698341
>>28698471
>>28698535
>>28698617

Also, I think he's quoting Rogue Trader.

>> No.28698671

>>28698617
>Look at this Wraith lord's sword. Guess what are they made of.
>
>METAL!
Hey, don't blame us because some degenerate didn't know eldar swords are made from wraithbone.

>> No.28698687

>>28698669
Nice ass.

>> No.28698693

>>28698669
Does he just browse /tg/ all day looking for Eldar threads?

>> No.28698704

None of this matters, you petty mortals, soon the whole galaxy will be ruled by its rightful owners.

>> No.28698739

>>28698592
>and in any case Rhana Dandra is just a myth as far as anyone knows.
Why did they chase an inquisitor half way across the galaxy because he stole their book on it then?

>> No.28698751

As long as people are here, I've got a question. I know it's possible for an Eldar to get lost on his/her chosen path, but is it always simply a product of obsessiveness or can an Eldar willingly lose himself/herself on a Path?

At that matter, how do they choose which Path to take and when to change to a new one?

>> No.28698754 [DELETED] 

>>28698704
Damn right!

>> No.28698763

>>28698687
Yeah, Khaine is pretty hot.

>> No.28698769

>>28698617
>Gee gosh...If they Wraithbone was so great all this bullshit wouldn't be a thing would it?
Correct, it's fluff that's inconsistent with every single other thing about the Eldar.
>Look at this Wraith lord's sword. Guess what are they made of METAL! And metal comes from where? MINES!
Pretending you didn't get your lore wrong, since they're made from wraithbone, in your mind Craftworlds destroy each other over metal for swords?
>You an Spess loving degenerate, So I don't expect you to understand anything about metal, mines, or their importance.
You didn't even slightly understand the point of my asking, did you? You just immediately got mad over a legitimate question

>> No.28698772

>>28698704
Damn right !

>> No.28698793

>>28698553
Considering there is a canon faction in the imperium called the Illuminati, who are being manipulated by the Eldar, yes.

>> No.28698799

>>28698660
Shit needs to be thrown when somebody ignores and assers the same false claim.

>Anon 1 : Eldar are self sufficient
>Anon 2 : No, they are not. Here is why they are not.
>Anon 1 : [Engage full denial/Disregard everything] ELDAR ARE SELF EFFICIENT
>Anon 2 : Let the shitfest begin!

Anyways, It's a canon reason. Even if you guys want to ignore it in your headcanons.

>>28698633
Don't sass me, ya long eared creep!

>> No.28698819

>>28698799
asserts*

>> No.28698835

>>28698799
Yep, Rogue Trader alright.

>> No.28698838

>>28698739
While we are at it....

Why do the Murder Clowns want to, well, murder the guy who is destined to stop it?

>> No.28698858

>>28698704
>>28698754
>>28698772
>>28698769
That's it, the thread is good as derailed now.GG everyone for taking the obvious bait YET AGAIN. You're almost as bad as the console warriors in /v/, and they have the excuse of being underage.

>>28698799
You're the one who sperged over it. Someone says something that isn't true- why is that your problem? Go get some sun instead of bickering over conflicts within an imaginary alien race.

>> No.28698906

>>28698772
Straight up, Dynasts!

>> No.28698914

>>28698838
He isn't destined to do anything- that's a bullshit claim advanced only by the rangers who act like they're his fan club. (And Rangers are not known for their mental stability.) Besides, how do you stop something which is supposedly guaranteed to happen no matter what?

>> No.28698932

>>28698553

>> No.28698946

>>28698858

how is a slightly humorous, not even rude or anything, necron mention derailing the thread

the one that ruined it is the guy that didn't know eldar weapons are made of wraithbone, stop being a fucking autist

>> No.28698994

>>28698906
That's Phaeron for you!
Phaeron Soh'dan Xeno The Littlest!

>> No.28699002

>>28698914
>that's a bullshit claim advanced only by the rangers who act like they're his fan club.

And the Farseers of an entire Craftworld + one Farseer from Biel-Tan.

Also, the fact that the Harlequins are after him puts more credence in the Nightspear's importance.

>Besides, how do you stop something which is supposedly guaranteed to happen no matter what?

By being a big hero and saving the the universe in the last minute? I dunno but Illic destiny revolves around staving off or stopping that apocalypse and saving the Eldar from their doom.

We have to see how this will play out.

>> No.28699010

>>28698325

Here's how the Eldar work:

Eldar slaughter a company of Minotaurs on some planet, seemingly out of the blue.

This is because Hive Fleet Leviathan invaded.
Leviathan was then splintered by the Ultramarines into thousands of other ships.
This splinter happens upon the Minotaurs, who crush it to the point where it withdraws to recoup, and prepare.
This splinter strikes an ork held planet, and they start tearing it up. Unfortunately, when the orks fight the nids, it's really just a giant match of escalation because they both just keep evolving to be bigger, meaner, and smashier.
Eventually, their titanic struggles awaken the Necron Tomb World, and the crons put the beat down on both parties, and proceed to begin attempting to retake an entire sector... filled with Eldar maiden worlds.

Now, if the seer's can predict this, then they can see that the Minotaurs are the lynch pin.

If they kill the Minotaurs before the splinter fleet arrives, it will instead gorge itself on the planet's populace, and continue fucking shit up in that sector.

The orks, devoid of their new opponent, abandon the world they're on, potentially even heading for the big fight that just broke out between the Nids and a half dozen planets of 'da 'umies.

The necrons continue to slumber, and the maiden worlds continue doing their leafy space elf thing untouched. Potentially, the seers next stop is the abandoned tomb world, where they proceed to dismantle and destroy every machine therein before they activate.

For ADDED dickery, the only reason they know about it is because Eldrad arranged several thousand disparate events to encourage the Minotaurs to be on that key planet in the first place, JUST so this other group of Eldar could get the vision to warn their people and make them murder the mehreens first.

Basically, the Eldar motivation is simply NOT TO DIE. Because if they do, Slannesh ass rapes their souls for all eternity.

>> No.28699045

>>28698239

Depends on the Craftworld. Each craftworld has it's own goals. For Saim Hann it's protecting exodites/reclaiming maiden worlds.

For Biel-Tan it's the same thing. Iyanden likewise wants to rebuild the Eldar empire, but have two different figures that are pursuing two different paths that may be interconnected. Ulthwe have their hands full trying to fuck Chaos in the ass anyway they can. Alaitoc used to be in line with Biel-Tan, Saim-Hann and Iyanden, but with more focus on the Imperium. Now they just job to necrons and accomplish nothing.

>> No.28699048

>>28698946
Necronfags always derail the Eldar threads. And I know Carnac Anon's MO well enough to realize that the Necron poster and the idiot who didn't realize that Eldar make their shit out of wraithbone are both him samefagging again.

It literally happens EVERY SINGLE ELDAR THREAD. Stop feeding the troll.

>>28699002
Alaitoc's Farseers couldn't predict their way out of a paper bag, and for all we know the Harlequins are just chasing him because Cegorach thinks it's funny. Literally every source there is plays up the fact that the Eldar are good as dead already and that only Ynnead can possibly save them (and that will involve them all dying anyway). Besides, stopping Rhana Dandra technically means that the Chaos Gods will never be defeated. Therefore, Illic may as well be a traitor to his entire race.

>> No.28699055

>>28698994
No Warscythe/Symbol of power, no shoulderpads, no crown, no Dynastic glyph means no Phaeron for you!

Act and dress like one before demanding to be treated like one

>> No.28699070

>>28699010
Very nice explanation.
Thank you very much.

>> No.28699075

>>28699055
Hah!

>> No.28699087

>>28698392
>No they're not, it says in their Codex their goal is survival

It says right on the back of the codex that they're trying to rebuild their empire. It's Saim-Han/Biel-Tan's mission statement and the entire Iyanden book is about rebirthing the Eldar race and empire.

>> No.28699113

>>28698704
Okay, I am a cron player, and this is fucking annoying.

Go away. People want to discuss something related to the Eldar in this thread. Make a new thread if you want to bluster about how much better our skellybots are.

>> No.28699129

>>28699010
The best part is the DEldra do exactly the same.
Only a "bit" differently, roight?
It's also about not dying even though they pretend it wasn't.
No no, I like HAVING TO make people suffer to live forever.
No really.
I would rather plunder real space every other week instead of laying back and drinking spess elf wine.

>> No.28699132

>>28699048
Now that I think about it, he's been around long enough to get lost on the Path of the Outcast. And since that path's need for new sensations is what led to the Fall in the first place, he's just a few steps away from either turning into a Dark Eldar or falling to Chaos. Neither of those things is good for the Eldar race by any possible definition.

>> No.28699133

>>28698592

>Rhana Dandra just a myth

If it was merely a myth to Eldar they wouldn't shit themselves everytime more than two Phoenix Lords get together. These guys can see the future after all.

>> No.28699150

>>28699113
>Sotek
Sotek was an Old One you idiot
It's like calling yourself Chaos Lord Sebastian Thor

>> No.28699152

>>28699133
That's called "being fanboys". It happens even when only one Phoenix Lord shows up.

>> No.28699163

>>28699087
What they are doing is not rebuilding the Eldar Empire.

They are collecting Exodites and maiden worlds for the off chance that someday the Eldar are granted the strength to launched a great war of conquest using these worlds as a staging point.

Considering how things are going for the Eldar recently. That's unlikely to happen unless someone from them pulls a miracle of his/her butt.

>> No.28699167

>>28698799

It's almost as if multiple sources say different things!

Current main codex states craftworlds are self sufficient. It carries a little more weight than ancient white dwarf article.

>> No.28699225

>>28699152

Since when is being terrified of someone and seeing them as portent of the end times "being a fanboy?

>> No.28699246

>>28699150
Really? I had absolutely no clue. I just made it up by garbling the names of Sobek and Imhotep together into something pseudo-egyptian sounding.

Can you point me to the fluff you got that from?

>> No.28699253

>>28699163

>What they are doing is not rebuilding the Eldar Empire.
>They are collecting Exodites and maiden worlds

But that's exactly what rebuilding their empire entails. Maiden worlds WERE the Eldar empire and reclaiming them via conquest is empire building. It's the main mission of 3/5 of the main craftworlds.

>> No.28699255

>>28699075
Acceptable, but due to your gender the title of Phaeron will not be suitable.

Henceforth you will be called...

Phaerakh Xenotekh the Humongous of the terrible Soh'dan Dynasty.

>> No.28699275

>>28699225
Don't have to squeal over them to respect them, you know. Besides, it's just rare for them to see even one Phoenix Lord, let alone several in the same room. It certainly doesn't mean that they're harbingers of the end times, because otherwise Rhana Dandra is 10,000 years overdue.

>> No.28699317

>>28699246
I have no idea, but if you see the old and no longer canon mash up between warhammerf antasy and 40k, you might notice that those fancy lizard dudes have a thing for sotek.
They do revere the old ones.
Not the original poster though.

>> No.28699325

>>28699275

It sounds like you just aren't aware of the fact it is specifically stated that they are afraid of Phoenix Lords exactly because they are tied with the end times. Sounds like you haven't actually read any Phoenix Lord fluff at all. Rhana Dandra isn't declared whenever one PL appears, it's when Fuegan gathers all of them. Hence why appearances of multiple PL's makes Eldar scared Rhana Dandra will happen.

>> No.28699358

>>28699048
>Besides, stopping Rhana Dandra technically means that the Chaos Gods will never be defeated. Therefore, Illic may as well be a traitor to his entire race.

Stopping the Rhana Dandra will give the Emperor enough time to safeguard humanity's evolution and then the Chaos Gods will be vanquished without whatever doomsday plot the other Eldar are cooking up.

Illic might be the only Eldar with a good head on his shoulders.

>Alaitoc's Farseers couldn't predict their way out of a paper bag

Oh...It's the same way for all Farseers.

Even Eldar makes mistakes. Some of them proved fetal.

>Cegorach thinks it's funny

I dunno.

All Cegorach pranks seemed to serve some higher unknowable purpose.

>> No.28699380

>>28699317
>>28699246

Sotek is the name of the Lizardman's Rat hating snake god in fantasy.

>> No.28699408

>>28699167
>Current main codex states craftworlds are self sufficient. It carries a little more weight than ancient white dwarf article.

What page, please?

>> No.28699443

>>28699358
Eldrad*

>> No.28699447

>>28699325
That begs the question of why the Eldar would be so afraid of the thing which will end up destroying Chaos. In any case, the only source we have that says that Rhana Dandra is even a thing is a moldy old legend that might not even be TRUE.

>>28699358
>Stopping the Rhana Dandra will give the Emperor enough time to safeguard humanity's evolution and then the Chaos Gods will be vanquished without whatever doomsday plot the other Eldar are cooking up.

Ask yourself this- why would the Eldar care about what the Emperor is trying to do when the last interaction he had with them was to tell Eldrad to go fuck himself because Chaos was totally harmless?

Even their word for humans means "that which must be destroyed", for crying out loud. If anything, the Eldar don't want them to be psychic- they have enough competition from the mon-keigh as it is.

OR is this whole fucking thread just Carnac anon talking to himself again? Because my samefag senses are tingling here.

>> No.28699488

>>28699358

>Even Eldar makes mistakes. Some of them proved fetal.

So... babies were involved. Good to know.

>> No.28699493

>>28699447
>That begs the question of why the Eldar would be so afraid of the thing which will end up destroying Chaos.

Because it kills them dummy. You can't rebuild your empire if there's no material universe or eldar race left.

>> No.28699502

>>28699447
>Even their word for humans means "that which must be destroyed", for crying out loud. If anything, the Eldar don't want them to be psychic- they have enough competition from the mon-keigh as it is.

And then you have the Path novels which shows the Eldar have pity on humans and don't really enjoy murdering them.

>Ask yourself this- why would the Eldar care about what the Emperor is trying to do when the last interaction he had with them was to tell Eldrad to go fuck himself because Chaos was totally harmless?

They are psychic and they can see the future, right? Then they understand that the Emperor is the only holding the gates of hell from vomiting the contains of its guts on everything that exist.

>> No.28699515

>>28699010
>The best part is that I'm the beneficiary of the chapters life insurance.

>> No.28699522

>>28699408

Page 12-13

>> No.28699535

>>28699113
Also, Xenofags.

You ain't my Necrons and you ain't my Tau. You're faggots. Leave Necron threads alone, leave Tau threads alone, and leave the Eldar thread alone.

And to contribute to the Eldar thread, I'm hoping to start an Iyanden force. Given how expensive Wraith Anythings are, it might just wind up being a painted collection.

At best I might be able to get it big enough on a college budget to be an allies contingent for my Tau.

You guys are a lot more familiar with the Eldar codex than I- asides from the Spiritseer, how can I build that up into a reasonable force, assuming I get the GW Eldar Ghost Warriors boxed set for the holidays?

>> No.28699546

>>28699447
>>28699515

I really want a pic of Eldrad screaming 'I TOLD YOU BRO, I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE CHAOS to Emps.

>> No.28699578

>>28699502
The only guy*

>> No.28699586

>>28699502

>They are psychic and they can see the future, right? Then they understand that the Emperor is the only holding the gates of hell from vomiting the contains of its guts on everything that exist.

Seeing as the Starchild can only come about with Empy's death, that's not a sure thang. Conflicting fluff and whatnot.

Also why wait for humans to play catch up to Eldar when you can concentrate on reclaiming more maiden worlds to populate their own already psychic race?

>> No.28699616

>>28699535
If those droids are standard I would take those.
Like a termie army that way.

>> No.28699622

>>28699493
It also says that after Rhana Dandra, a new, better Eldar race will emerge and take over the galaxy again.

>>28699502

>And then you have the Path novels which shows the Eldar have pity on humans and don't really enjoy murdering them.

That was the opinion of a small handful of individuals- it's certainly not a representative of their species as a whole.

>They are psychic and they can see the future, right? Then they understand that the Emperor is the only holding the gates of hell from vomiting the contains of its guts on everything that exist.

If that were the case, they'd be tripping all over themselves trying to help the Imperium and never, ever try to fight it. That's obviously not what happens. It's far more likely that they think that the humans are in over their heads again and that if they won't stop being stupid, they might as well die.

And explain this: Out of all the Primarchs he could have warned about the Heresy, why did Eldrad choose FULGRIM- the guy whose soul was already being devoured by a Daemon of Slaanesh by the time he met with him? How could he have not forseen something that obvious?

>>28699515
Ooh, I never thought of that. Nice job pointing that out, Lewd.

>> No.28699670

Since all the other questions are answered, I'll address the issue of eldar raiders. While the eldar do get some useful materials from their raids, the stuff isn't the purpose of the raid itself. The eldar raid because they are bored. Because of how strong an eldar soul is and because it is a hair's bredth away from being absorbed into Slaanesh, the craftworld eldar practice restraint their entire, long, boring lives. Some people get so sick of it that they run off and become pirates. The Dark Eldar, on the other hand, don't practice restraint. Instead, they need a constand influx of prisoners to torture to death because it helps them regrow their chewed-out souls.

>> No.28699677

>>28698669
>carnac anon
who?

>> No.28699691

>>28699622
>It also says that after Rhana Dandra, a new, better Eldar race will emerge and take over the galaxy again.

Where does it say that about Rhana Dandra? I know Iyanden are trying to bring about the Phoenix Arisen prophecy that will bring about the rebirth of the race along with Ynead, but that isn't Rhana Dandra fluff.

I'd love to know, becuase I've always liked the idea of Rhana Dandra freeing Isha with no Nurgle left to imprison her, who would then be left to repopulate the Eldar.

>> No.28699711

>>28699586
The Starchild is up in the air, but the ascension of humanity into a golden psyker race is pretty much confirmed as long as the Emperor holds on. Evolved humanity will have no fear of Chaos and will vanquish it.

>Also why wait for humans to play catch up to Eldar when you can concentrate on reclaiming more maiden worlds to populate their own already psychic race?

They are a dying race whose only hope at redemption/rebirth rests on a ritual of mass necromancy. Which not all believes, in by the way.

Any sensible person (Xenos or human) would bet on the God Emperor of Mankind rather than a myth of a death god.

>> No.28699741

>>28699380
Huh, interesting. Well, that's mildly embarrassing, but ah well. At least it's a relatively obscure reference confined to Fantasy's fluff, with no direct 40k parallel.

>> No.28699757

>>28699711
>They are a dying race whose only hope at redemption/rebirth rests on a ritual of mass necromancy. Which not all believes, in by the way.

Not according to Iyanden supplement. All you need are some gems and they only need one more. Way better gathering a dragonball than waiting god knows how long for major evolution to happen.

Also, worth noting that Maiden World birth rates are great.

>> No.28699792

>>28699711
>Since the time of The Fall, our race has been haunted by what we, in our reckless pursuit of hedonistic indulgence, gave birth to. Though our dreams once overturned worlds and quenched suns, we are now but fitful shadows clinging to the edge of existence. All the stars in the sky cannot blot out the hateful glare of the Red Moon's Eye. The birthing place of The Great Enemy pulses with all the malice of a daemon that is dreaming, casting its shadow over all we have ever done and all we ever shall. Every twisted strand of Fate and casting of the Runes leads me to this time, to this place, and it is clear that the final battle awaits me at the ancient Crone Worlds. A conflict the likes of which has not been seen since the Mon-keigh warred amongst themselves, and their corpse of a seer fell to his traitorous son, is coming and all my steps lead towards it, no matter that I walk other paths. I see the stars stained red with the blood of the Mon-Keigh and, though their wars do not concern me and I would gladly let them destroy one another, I know that to avoid this fight is to condemn my race to inevitable doom. And though all I see is darkness, I know that I will not flinch from my destiny.
-Eldrad

Does that sound like a statement of confidence in the "God"-Emperor's power to you? Because it seems like he thinks that the Emperor is a husk being kept just barely alive. They don't trust humanity enough to do the job, now or ever.

>They are a dying race whose only hope at redemption/rebirth rests on a ritual of mass necromancy. Which not all believes, in by the way.

That describes the state of humanity quite nicely. They just don't realize they're good as extinct just yet, but they will right when the Golden Throne finally breaks and their god falls silent forever.

>> No.28699824

>>28699711
>Eldrad is the greatest among us. He is the sun which eclipses the light of our stars. He is Ulthwé and the fate of our kind rests in his hands. His eyes are the keenest, no detail goes unnoticed. Four thousand runes can he cast, guiding our path through torment and war, death and salvation. He is the pathfinder, the seeker, the true guide. Even your race has trembled before his might, though you may not have known it. It was he who guided us to the Ork known as Ghazghkull, and commanded us to steer his path to your world of Armageddon. Ten thousand Eldar lives would have been lost if he had not done so. What sacrifice is a million humans for such a cause?

>He knows your affairs better than you do yourself. He warned that weakling seer you call Emperor of the treachery of Horus and the strife which would engulf us, just as it engulfed the rest of the galaxy, but your arrogance deafened you to his words. Your stupidity almost destroyed the galaxy, yet you never knew how close the forces of light were to our ultimate defeat. He saw the Great Devourer and warned our kin on Iyanden, even before they had neared our galaxy.

>To him all futures are laid out, just as your crude implements of torture are laid out on the cold metal of that shelf. You say we are random and capricious, we say you are vulgar and idiotic. Some of you call us your enemies. All races are our enemy in time. Some of you call us your allies. You are not allies, any more than a butcher’s knife is his ally. You are tools, nothing more. To be used and expended to protect our race, that is your fate.

(part 1)

>> No.28699829

Do you think a troupe of harlequins ever performed for a bunch of space marines on holiday?

>> No.28699836

>>28698336
>... whatever wraithbone grows from.
"Wraithbone" is collective name for a large variety of materials which Eldars are capable of creating using pure mental energy. Bonesinging is described as "direct energy-to-matter conversion using energy drawn from warp".

Logician Tech-heretics have observed a shipwrecked Eldar through hidden pic-stealers, and described this phenomenon as:

"Smaller items were created thus; She sat down by her campfire in relaxed position (1) and caused a faint point of light (2) to form between her cupped palms. Glowing mist (3) begin to form between her hands, and the mist begin to from the solid forms (4). As the item began to take form, the mist changed into various types of materials; some were clear as crystal, some flexible as leather, some hard and opaque like metal."

(1) We presume that she had to concentrate to hold the mental image of the item to be created.
(2) The point of light could have been a tiny warp gate.
(3) Vapor, Plasma or Something else. Our auspex detected no radiation and only slight increase of temperature. The glow might have been caused by the point of light she created.
(4) Direct deposition from vapor to solid.

>> No.28699857

>>28699677
Pro-Newcron/anti-Eldar (except for Illic Nightspear) troll who gained relative notoriety for picking out the stupid bits from the Carnac books and shoving them into people's faces in Eldar threads - or even starting threads just for causing the same arguments. Also pro-Chaos, pro-Imperium, pro-Oldcron, pro-Tau, anti-Oldcron, anti-Tau, anti-xenos, pro-Blood Feud, and more.

>> No.28699876

>>28699824
(part 2)

>Your kind think you are so magnificent, yet even now, at the nadir of our power, we can manipulate you, turn you to our ends, as easily as you might pull a trigger and fire a gun. Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh [subject spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient! We will exterminate you, every world, every vessel, every one of you! Eldrad has seen the stars stained red with your blood, and it pleases him!

>You think us weak, but we will be your doom, children of Earth.
-the last words of a captured Eldar Ranger

Yeah, that SURE sounds like they would bet on the Emperor, who quite frankly would kill off the Eldar himself if he wasn't busy with Chaos all the time.

>> No.28699885

>>28699622
>If that were the case, they'd be tripping all over themselves trying to help the Imperium and never, ever try to fight it.

They help humanity big time whenever Chaos is the common enemy. (Gothic War, 13th Black Crusade). Sometimes their arrogance gets the better of them and choose to not directly work with humanity.

Ah...remember when the Iyanden book said that the Eldar of Iyanden and the Imperium would have been strong allies if they found each other?

>And explain this: Out of all the Primarchs he could have warned about the Heresy, why did Eldrad choose FULGRIM- the guy whose soul was already being devoured by a Daemon of Slaanesh by the time he met with him? How could he have not forseen something that obvious?

Let me get it straight. Ulthwe commits lots of mistakes in the Farseeing department yet gets no crap from you for it BUT Alaitoc does a few mistakes and they are the worst!

Bias much?

Anyways, in the 990.41K the, The Eldar can feel the Warp cracking the walls of reality. It hurts them physically. With each flicker of the Golden Throne the walls crack even more.

Surely, they put 1+1. Maybe that's why they are fighting Abaddon in Cadia alongside the Imperials.

>> No.28699892

>>28699829
>space marines
>on holiday

HERESY GROWS FROM IDLENESS

>> No.28699919

>>28699876
>>28699824
Lets take the words of a tortured spiteful Eldar ranger as FACTS!

That's the ticket.

>> No.28699924

>>28699885
"Lots?" Eldrad's mistake was a fucking big one, but it's the only one ever recorded in the fluff.

>Anyways, in the 990.41K the, The Eldar can feel the Warp cracking the walls of reality. It hurts them physically. With each flicker of the Golden Throne the walls crack even more.

Source or gtfo.

>> No.28699947

>>28699919
More accurate than all the people who think the Eldar would give up several milennia's worth of arrogance to go suck on the Emperor's decaying cock.

>> No.28699974

>>28699885
Which is part of the reason why the Emperor held back a bit during the Great Crusade. The Eye was still relatively fresh and a bunch of other warpstorms had just abated.

>> No.28699992

>>28699919

It's almost as if Eldar don't think much of monkeigh (those who must be killed).

>> No.28700007

>>28699947
>Eldar begging the Space Wolves to spare their lives and offered everything to them
>Eldar enslaved by Orks
>Eldar enslaved by CSM

I am sure there is more but I won't bother.

My point is arrogance gets thrown outta the window when survival is an issue.

>> No.28700040

>>28699974
>Ah...remember when the Iyanden book said that the Eldar of Iyanden and the Imperium would have been strong allies if they found each other?

Carnac, you are so full of shit and you know it. Get a fucking life.

>>28700007
Did they offer to start worshipping the Emperor, too? No? Then take your overgeneralizations somewhere else.

>> No.28700042

>>28699924
>"Lots?" Eldrad's mistake was a fucking big one, but it's the only one ever recorded in the fluff.

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Don't forget the Talisman one.

>Source or gtfo.

On it.

>> No.28700053

>>28700007

How does getting killed by certain races prove that Eldar would place their bets on the Emperor, someone they have never rated highly as a seer or a leader?

>> No.28700086

>>28700007

I don't think a few isolated examples can be taken as a template for an entire race. For all you know there were hundreds who preferred to die than suffer indignity.

>> No.28700113

>>28700040
>Carnac, you are so full of shit and you know it. Get a fucking life.

I need to spoon feed you everything?

>Did they offer to start worshipping the Emperor, too? No? Then take your overgeneralizations somewhere else.

Sure they would have.

The Eldar's arrogance shrinks in the face of certain doom

>> No.28700189

>>28700042
At least Eldrad didn't let his Craftworld get assraped by a single chapter...

>> No.28700219

>>28699992
Ding, Ding, Ding! Someone with more than two brain cells! Give him a medal!

>>28700042
Starbane could only dream of making only two major mistakes, as opposed to fucking up several major campaigns in a row and being made the bitch of two different overlords.

>>28700113
That's from the Eldar's POV- such an alliance would have disintegrated at the slightest provocation. Just ask General Sturnn- oh wait, you can't. BECAUSE HIS ELDAR "ALLIES" KILLED HIM.

>> No.28700225

>>28700113

Finding "a powerful ally" doesn't imply "would have been best buds forever".

Why do you find so much amusement from being corrected over making fallacious arguments?

>sure they would have

Sure they wouldn't have.

Your move.

>> No.28700244

>>28700189
>mfw the Nighlords prophecy that involves them destroying Ulthwe

SOON!

>> No.28700281

>>28700244

Let's hope so. They could do with some badass exploits to match their perpetratin'.

>> No.28700293

>>28700244
>implying the Nightlords can ever get anything done at all

Seriously, that chapter is so full of fail it even puts the Lamenters to shame in terms of awkward.

>> No.28700320

>>28700219
>That's from the Eldar's POV- such an alliance would have disintegrated at the slightest provocation.

That's from the narrators POV.

Remember that Iyanden was more concerned with Chaos than xenocide. I don't think their alliance would have been broken that easily.
>>28700225
I said ''strong allies''. Do you take joy in putting words in peoples mouths?

>> No.28700338

>>28700244

Oooh, playing a game of prophecies are we? How bout this one that involves all of chaos being destroyed when we find a single gem. How's that for soon. Also, Jain Zar sends her regards.

>> No.28700354

>>28700244
Pfft. Like the Legion who gave us such incredibly competent leaders such as pic related would be able to get anything that substantial done.

>> No.28700357

>>28699522

That does not say that they are self-sufficient.

It does state that their engineering requires "complex and varied ectoplastics" which are "formed into solid shapes under psychic pressure". This suggests they do need materials, and can't just make stuff out of nothing.

>> No.28700360

>>28700338
If that's the case than bet that Ulthwe won't see that Good End.

>> No.28700381

>>28700354
he's alpha legion

>> No.28700384

>>28700357
Eldarfags can't read their own lore?

Who would have thought!?

Thanks for pointing it out, dude.

>> No.28700401

>>28700357

It literally does involve something out of nothing. Bonesingers psychic that material into existence.

See: >>28699836

>> No.28700432

>>28700320
News flash- the Codexes have unreliable narrators which do everything they can to glorify the faction of the day. If that was in the IG codex or the SM codex, it would be singing an entirely different tune.

Congrats on being gullible, anon.

>>28700381
Don't be ridiculous- that's Carron. Bale got seperated from the Night Lords during the Siege of Terra and escaped with the Alpha Legion. Why else would he act nothing like a member of the Alpha Legion?

(Carron's excuse was brain damage.)

>> No.28700439

>>28700357

What part of "Self replenishing resource of power" did you not understand?

>>28700384

If you ignore the entirety of bonesinger fluff then yeah, sure, be a willingly obstinate fuck knuckle.

>> No.28700448

>>28700439

>resource

Meant reservoir.

>> No.28700451

>>28700384
The lore contradicts itself because GW is too stupid to keep track of their own statements? Oh noes!!1!

Seriously, why you haven't been banned yet is a mystery to me. You're the worst shitposter on /tg/.

>> No.28700453

The only thing preventing the victory of Chaos. The only guy with a sure shot at defeating (not one) ALL of the Chaos Gods in the Emperor.

>> No.28700477

>>28700040
>>28700040
Im talking about the use of his psyker powers. And Im not Carnac.

>> No.28700480

>>28700453
So it's him or the gutter.

Start worshipping him now, Xenos.

>> No.28700495

>>28700480
>every living human
Or they can just kill every human there is and the problem will be solved in an instant. Suck on it, Chaosfags.

>> No.28700507

Supposing that Illic is going to Stop the Rhana Dandra, what if the harlequins want to make sure he does?

Hes basically the phoenix lord of the Path of the Outcast, right? Like, they don't have exarchs but we can assume that pathfinders are their equivalent, and Illic is the equal of a Phoenix Lord?

So what if the harlequins are after him all the time to make sure that he stays an outcast and never rejoins the craftworld eldar? They dont want him to die, but they'll kill him if they catch him because he can't ever go soft or even abandon his (lack of a) path--no one can take up his mantle, because he doesn't have a soulstone infused suit of armor. And also because if they kill him then he clearly wasn't the one the prophecy is about.

Just spitballing.

>> No.28700508

>>28700453
>>28700480
Nice samefagging, Carnac. It must have taken you all of ten seconds to spout that off.

>> No.28700515

>>28700480

I'd rather wait for him to die and bet on starchild. Emperor has a shitty track record for stopping chaos. Asurmen would've been fired from his job if he lost as many PL's and aspects to Chaos as Emps did primarchs and chapters.

>> No.28700534

>>28700507
Staying an outcast too long ends in one of two ways-

>Illic is the equal of a Phoenix Lord

Oh shit, I almost thought you were serious. Sorry, Carnac, the only way yo could have been more obvious is if you put up that stupid fox and the grapes picture you always post.

>> No.28700535

>>28700495
Do you even realize the number of humans in the galaxy (and those in the Eye and similar Chaos holdings).

The clock is set on doomsday and you ain't got no time to murder all these people. You ran outta time, It's heaven or hell. Fight!

>> No.28700537

>>28700507
>Hes basically the phoenix lord of the Path of the Outcast, right?

If by Phoenix Lord you mean he didn't invent any path, has no dedicated shrines, no psychic gestalt or ability to resurrect then yeah.

>> No.28700548

>>28700535
Not if GW can help it. The clock will be permanently stopped at one minute to midnight and you are going to like it!

>> No.28700552

>>28700508
Not samefagging I am linking my posts to complete the thought and the point.

Sheesh stop being so....you.

>> No.28700564

>>28700507

It's kinda sad when you just stop trying carnac. It doesn't take any effort or wit to shitpost and you still manage to make it sound so fucking lazy.

>> No.28700583

>>28700564
Perhaps the lot of you should stop replying to him then. Do what pic related says and you never have to see him again.

>> No.28700587

>>28700534
That guy wasn't me.

honestly, I am surprised and gladdened somebody else took interest in ''The Last Hope.

>> No.28700626

>>28700587
In that case, there's no such thing as a Phoenix Lord for the Path of the Outcast. There is a counterpart for an Exarch, though- they're called "Dark Eldar". You may have heard of them.

>> No.28700628

>>28700320
>40k
>objective narrators
>laughingGWwriters.gif

Keep teeing us up anon, it's hilarous how easy it is for us to crush you.

>> No.28700677

>mfw desperate Eldarfags

>> No.28700685

>>28700534
>>28700537
>>28700564

Not Carnak. Not really up to date on any of the Nightspear fluff, because I think hes a pretty bullshit character.

>>Its all lies, I'm just disappointed how useless he is

Will you all climb down off that soapbox and be less butthurt if I say he is a ranger analogue to the Phoenix Lords? As in, by nature of the path he is on, he _couldn't_ have a shrine, or armor, or pass on the mantle if he died, so he must be treated differently?

>> No.28700691

>>28700583
But he loves exclamation marks.

Seriously though, I don't think >>28700507 was him, just a different anon making an unfortunate but innocent attempt to discuss something which has become the 'domain', as it were, of trolls. Well, one troll.

>> No.28700724

>>28700685
What's left of a phoenix lord if they don't teach their way of fighting to others, aren't immortals that continue to reincarnate, weren't trained by Asurmen and didn't have insane god-armor? He's just a guy with a gun that can shoot very well, and there's some bullshit about prophecies flying around.

>> No.28700726

>>28700685

>Compare Illic to a PL
>Get annoyed when people point out there isn't a single similarity

>> No.28700744

>>28700626
You're tempting me to trip, I swear, Eldar-senpai.

Speaking for myself here.

Whenever I say Illic Nightspear stands as equal to the Phoenix Lord or that he is the ''Phoenix Lord'' of the Outcasts (Notice the quotations marks), I don't mean it literally. It's just to point that his large following of disciples from Craftworlds and the exodites all follow in his footsteps and show him the same devotion and loyalty that aspect warriors shows their Lord.

And this is totally true!

>> No.28700762

>>28700677
Right on cue, carnac.

>>28700685
As long as Carnac keeps harping on how Illic is the greatest thing that could ever happen to the Eldar, you will never get an answer to that question.

There are no analogues to the Phoenix Lords- they are exclusive to the Path of the Warrior and are a psychic amalgamation of countless Eldar assuming a single identity. Illic is just an asswipe who won't settle down like a proper eldar and is probably one step away from getting his soul eaten by Slaanesh. Do you earnestly believe you can get away from straying off the Paths for that long? (The Path of the Outcast isn't a real Path- it's a rejection of the Path system.)

>> No.28700785

>>28700744
>You're tempting me to trip, I swear, Eldar-senpai.

But then how will you samefag?

>Whenever I say Illic Nightspear stands as equal to the Phoenix Lord or that he is the ''Phoenix Lord'' of the Outcasts (Notice the quotations marks), I don't mean it literally. It's just to point that his large following of disciples from Craftworlds and the exodites all follow in his footsteps and show him the same devotion and loyalty that aspect warriors shows their Lord.

Then all farseers and harlequins are PL equivalents seeing as they all teach members of their path.

>> No.28700790

>>28700744
Then you could have just said he was their leader instead of open yourself up to all this horse shit! Way to use that comparison at the worst possible time while failing to elaborate on what it means.

>> No.28700815

>>28700785
No, obviously Eldrad is a PL

>> No.28700826

ITT

>> No.28700839

>>28700815
PLs don't have a body- they're just suits of armor inhabited by the union of souls that forms their consciousness. Eldrad's still fleshy.

>>28700826
Saved.

>> No.28700842

>>28700815

Yriel has a loyal retinue of aspect warriors. Yriel being a Phoenix Lord confirmed.

>> No.28700846

>>28700785
>But then how will you samefag?

I never samefag.

>Then all farseers and harlequins are PL equivalents seeing as they all teach members of their path.

Only one sparks such devotions and loyalty in his followers and its Illic. He got them shooting Murder Clowns.

>>28700790
I did several times before, I think.

>> No.28700877

>>28700839
>PLs don't have a body- they're just suits of armor inhabited by the union of souls that forms their consciousness.
Oh, fuck that Thorpe's idea.
They had it back in the 2nd edition and I prefer my Jain Zar to have something under this armour.

>> No.28700909

>>28700877
Eldardom love/hate relationship with Gav is fascinating.

>> No.28700953

>>28700846
It wasn't clear until then. And having a bunch of followers does not a PL make. All that does is make him popular- besides, if he's so powerful how did he get himself captured by that senile piece of junk Zahndrekh? He's a fairly old and strong Pathfinder, but nothing more.

>>28700877
When it comes to Eldar fluff, it's either him or pic related, and most people here will go with the lesser of two evils. (And on an unrelated note, Jain Zar looks like a man in that pic, and that's terrible.)

>> No.28700986

>>28700726
No, I'm annoyed that you're immediately sperging out over the semantics because you want to argue with Carnak, and then filled with doubt and self loathing and tried to get you to calm your tits by calling him an analogue.

>>28700762
Well I'm quite happy to say that I've tried to see Illic in a good light and can't find him anything other than incredibly disappointing as a model and unit and off putting as a character, fluff wise. But to get to the actual point:

regular eldar go down the paths of the warrior, except for rangers, who go down the -not- path. Most of the time, rangers on the -not- path end this vocation/journey/adolescence/whatever by rejoining a craft-or-maiden world, and hop onto a warrior path or the path of the baker or janitor or bonesinger, whatever.
With an exarch, you don't worry about them leaving, because they are obsessed, and this gets reinforced by their armor. With a PL, you definitely don't worry, because they're basically conduits of the original lord, plus maybe the years of experience of the future wearers as well. Since rangers are on the -no- path, they don't have any of those trappings. Soulstones, but no armor or weapons handed down from generation to generation. So when they 'leave' the -not- path, that knowledge is lost, especially since they're going from aimless self direction to an environment where they _will_ get obsessed with whatever path they embark on. Essentially, all that skill, experience, and power acquired as a ranger is lost.

So if you have someone important who is important because of their role on the -not- path, who needs to STAY important, they need to be kept OFF any paths, which is why the harlequins will try to kill him. Because if he goes from Illic the mostly useless sniper to Illic the reknowned baker of pastries, he will never do whatever bullshit weeaboo thing you're all angry at Carnak for being excited about.

>> No.28701007 [DELETED] 

>>28700877

Honestly, that's one of the few bits of Thorpe fluff I liked. The whole shtick about PL's just being old exarchs is fucking dull though. Thank God Kelly expanded on that.

>>28700909

Exarchs get absorbed by their suits also now.

There are people that love Gav? I've never heard any love for him on /tg/. Most of his stuff is outdated and his sense of scale clashes with most of 40k.

>> No.28701024

>>28700877
Is that a Necron infiltrator?

>> No.28701035

>>28700953
>And on an unrelated note, Jain Zar looks like a man in that pic, and that's terrible

I prefer my PL's to be armor with their spirit in it that takes over an exarch the same way regular armor does. Is that not a thing anymore, and was that just personal invented headcanon?

And if it isn't, can there be a male vessel to be used by Jain Zar?
>>Its a trap

>> No.28701058

>>28700986

Maybe you should learn to make analogues that actually have analogous elements before getting pissy when people point out you are wrong.

>>28700877

Honestly, that's one of the few bits of Thorpe fluff I liked. The whole shtick about PL's just being old exarchs is fucking dull though. Thank God Kelly expanded on that.

>>28700909

There are people that love Gav? I've never heard any love for him on /tg/. Most of his stuff is outdated and his sense of scale clashes with most of 40k.

>> No.28701061

>>28700909
He is like Sasha Grey: fapable sometimes, but god damn, this face deserves punching.
>>28700953
Maybe because it's Maugan Ra.
>>28701007
I believe they don armour initially an become empty suit if it withers with age.

>> No.28701077

>>28700953
>When it comes to Eldar fluff, it's either him or pic related, and most people here will go with the lesser of two evils. (And on an unrelated note, Jain Zar looks like a man in that pic, and that's terrible.)

It's clearly Maugan Ra.

Although in theory, couldn't Jain Zar be a dude?

>> No.28701081

>>28701024
It's a Dark Reaper.
Look better, there are a mob of them.

>> No.28701094

>>28701024

Nah, that's just Thantekh the Deathless. He's the janitor. With a skin condition. A bad one. He said so himself.

Now, it's rude to stare. You should know better.

>> No.28701097

>>28700953
>if he's so powerful how did he get himself captured by that senile piece of junk Zahndrekh?

Everyone makes mistakes. Specially when Necrons are involved ( >>28700042).

Unfair to judge him by just one mistake, I say.

>All that does is make him popular

Popular enough and with enough influence on his followers to order them to shoot down Harlequins. I don't think any Eldar character has the balls or capability to directly challenge and oppose the Harlequins.

Even Dark Eldar wouldn't mess with the Murder Clowns.

Goes to show how charismatic Illic is and how he is the messiah hero savior of the Eldar race[/spoiler

>> No.28701103

>>28701077
In theory, yes.
But she will be a woman's mind in a man's body.

>> No.28701108

>>28701081
Yes I see there's a lot of other dark reapers there but that thing seriously looks like a necron skull and ribcage thing.

>> No.28701114

>>28701077
>>28701035
>>28701061

And NOW I see the big fucking scythe.

>> No.28701124

>>28701097

>one mistake

>> No.28701149

>>28701097
Correction: Popular and on a one-way trip down Slaanesh's gullet. If attacking Harlequins isn't a clear sign of Chaos corruption, I don't know what is.

You heard it here folks, Illic is a Chaos Eldar.

>> No.28701167

>>28701097
>Popular enough and with enough influence on his followers to order them to shoot down Harlequins. I don't think any Eldar character has the balls or capability to directly challenge and oppose the Harlequins.

You keep parroting this as if it's a point. No Eldar character as ever challenged Guardians either. They're fucking allies. When the only thing you are good at fighting is your own fucking faction you are not impressive.

>> No.28701171

>>28698239
>There's mention of a lot of Eldar raiders, but what are they for?
Fun. Eldar raiders are that guys who find rangership boring too.

>> No.28701177

>>28701103
INITIALIZING PRIVILEGE CHECK

>> No.28701192

>>28701171

Corsairs are outcasts for non-faggots.

>> No.28701216

>>28701171
I thought a lot of those raiders WERE rangers. And deldar.

>> No.28701226

>>28701167
What you are is a traitor, though. And since the Harlequins are concerned with keeping the Eldar alive, they would have no qualms of eliminating traitors.

>> No.28701230

>>28701167
Illic Nightspear digital when.

I want to read about him murdering Muder clowns. Dude is the only guy who sees them for what they are.

>>28701149
>Trusting Murder Clowns

That's a one way trip to DOOM!

>> No.28701247

>>28701230
They wouldn't be murdering him if he didn't deserve it somehow.

>> No.28701273

>>28701097
You know who else team kills?

Mon'keigh, Orks, and all that other filth. Its like you want us to sink to their level.

>> No.28701324

>>28701230
If there were no murderclowns there would be no Iyanden now.
Not to speak of many minor ass-saving for eldar.
Do you realize it?

>> No.28701328

>>28701230
>>Dance fighting
>>Direct servants of the only entity to regularly tangle with Slaanesh over INDIVIDUAL SOULS
>>Transcend eldar/deldar divide for the soul (HAH) purpose of fightan chaos
>>Keeps the webway clean of those pesky spess mehrines
>>Did I mention dance fighting?

>> No.28701337

>>28701273
>>You know who else team kills?
>Implying Eldar don't kill team each other

Did you miss DOW 2 : Retribution? It's one of the popular examples of Eldar teamkilling.

>> No.28701401

>>28701324
>>28701328
You're being deceived. You're being manipulated. The Harlequins are evil, I tell you. There is no benevolence in their action.

They want to kill your ''Last Hope''

>> No.28701421

>>28701401
> You're being deceived
> Saving the major craftworld from destruction
> Bad thing
How exactly was I deceived?

>> No.28701470

>>28701421
By Illic, who takes credit for things he never did.

>> No.28701554

Starbane was weak, Starbane was a fool.
He had all the failure in in the palm of his hand, and let it slip away.

>> No.28701586

>>28701554
Says the guy who went ahead and joined his failed attack anyway. You know what they say about birds of a feather.

>> No.28701734

What's with all this negativity surrounding everyone's favourite Eldar sub-faction.?

>> No.28701757

>>28701734
Karnac trolling people
I think he's actually TIDF with a new shtick

>> No.28701785

>>28701734
That's a damn nice work here, Lewd.

>> No.28701814

>>28701734
Lewd! You're just in time. Carnac's being a samefag again, and he never shuts up. It's horrible.

But he seems to have left for the moment, at least. Love that crazed grin of the left Harlequin, by the way.

>> No.28701905

Are we back to clown love?

I'm doing an exodite themed army and you can bet your sweet ass I'm putting murder clowns in. What kind of dinosaurs should I put them on?

>> No.28701948

>>28701905
Are there rules for the dinosaurs anywhere? Or for Exodites in general? It seems GW always forgets they exist.

>> No.28701991

>>28701905
That would be actually same harlequins as everywhere.
Look how they travel between eldar and de codecies.

>> No.28702002

>>28701948
There are rules for jetbikes, which are currently Dark Elf Cold Ones, although I may opt for those lizardman flyers with the huge jaws. That would leave me with extra dino cavalry, though. I want to make a war walker, but they're not good enough to be worth buying a carnosaur for the conversion
>>especially because I want more than one.

>> No.28702145

>>28701192

>Filename

>> No.28702257

>>28701421
You're being saved from the small doom and delivered to the great one.

Remember that the Harlequins wanted to sink their teeth in Yriel and they did just that. Now Yriel is their pawn, regretfully. This could have been their reason for saving that Craftworld.

>>28701586
The Necron had a time traveling and skein twisting wizard.

There isn't much to do against that.

>> No.28702315

>>28701905
Only suitable mount in 40k.

>> No.28702317

>>28702257
Yriel is destined to be new Ulthanesh, foolish scion of Alaitoc.

>> No.28702354

>>28702315
Truly that is the only way to travel.

>>28702317
And Sylandri can't get enough of his Spear of Twilight, if you know what I mean.

>> No.28702428

>>28702315
I totally forgot about kroot hounds. Definitely not good enough with green stuff to do kroot giving piggyback rides.
>>Fuck.

>> No.28703675

>>28701171
There has been several hints in various books that Eldar Corsairs are from Exodite wordls.

- They live far away form Eye of Terror, in areas beyond the reach of Slaanesh.
- Their society is similar to pre-fall Eldars.
- They have no strict paths.
- Thy have Void Dreamers instead of Farseers.
- Corsairs can use Webway, but Void Dreamer allows also unrestricted Warp travel.
- Corsairs have ancient technology which is better than what is available in Craftworlds or Commorragh.

>> No.28704058

>>28698239

Eldar potential motivation to raise arms against the Imperium:

>Imperium encroachment (this can trigger defensive or offensive responses)
>Reclaim artifacts from Imperium
>Reclaim once sacred planets

>> No.28704092

Wasn't there a tale of eldar pirates raiding an Imperial colony for about 10 years until they beefed up the security in the sector just as an ork WAAAGH hits the area? The two forces ended up beating each other down to a stand still; the purpose being that if the humans had not been able to stop the ork's warpath, one of the craftworlds would have been hit.

>> No.28704147

>>28702354
>nsfw

>> No.28704204

>>28704147
Her nipples and crotch are covered, so it's technically ok.

>> No.28704285

>>28699515

Just as planned.

>> No.28704352

>>28700839

>PLs don't have a body- they're just suits of armor inhabited by the union of souls that forms their consciousness. Eldrad's still fleshy.

Not true.

The spirit of the PL exists within the spirit stones of the armor. HOWEVER, the instant a worthy (see: fucked) Eldar puts the armor on, the spirit stones re-write their brain so that they believe they ARE the PL. And to all intents and purposes, since those who are worthy (see: fucked), typically have the same skillset as their lord in the first place.

>> No.28704441

>>28704352
What if an unworthy Eldar wears it then?

>> No.28704583

>>28699829
They canonically perform on human worlds for giggles sometimes

>> No.28704613

>>28698471
that's no longer canon

fighting is much rarer and less bloody as stated in the current codex

>> No.28704628

>>28704613
Shush, you'll make Carnac Anon come back.

>> No.28704729

>>28700293
Bro, the Night Lords already took out a craftworld. It's in the daemon engine book.

>> No.28704848

>>28698458
if Eldar had just been buddy buddy with the imperium in its early days, we'd have half-eldar warlocks in power armor teleporting thorugh the warp like peter fucking pan and giving slaanesh the D so hard he breaks.

like serisouly, the eldar and imperium's xenophobia is the primary reason BOTH races are doomed to extinction, with the ultimate fight for dominance in the galaxy being between chaos and the tyranids.

orks wont be in that fight, since theyll fight the winner. reigning champs yo, they already IN their endgame.

>> No.28704892

>>28704729
meh Iyanden would just tell the Smurfs that it was the night lords who help M'kar in attacking Ultramar

>> No.28704939

>>28704892
Ultras shit all over Night Lords. But then, they shit all over everyone. Even including a whole tomb world.

>> No.28704983

>>28704939
>night lords squeal like fangirls when a codex successor uses the codex to wreck their shit
I can only imagine what it would be like if papa smurf and his smurfettes came to town.

>> No.28705024

>>28704939
well they shit extra hard since Night Lord tricks don't work on Ultramarines

also the only reason why any NL will escape is because sicarius can't run threw of the dead bodies

>> No.28705052

>>28704983
I'm pretty sure Calgar actually rallied a feudal world's populace to kill some Night Lords. Also they skull fucked the whole legion in the Scouring. Because they brought their successors. All of them.

>> No.28705062

>>28698239

> What exactly motivates the eldar?

imo, from reading a lot of codices and fiction:

From a lore standpoint, they are motivated by things a human wouldn't understand and have thought processes we can't follow. Additionally, warhammer 40k is basically a horror setting, eg grimdark, so understanding is a foregone conclusion. Functionally insane, just like the Imperium.

From the player's perspective, they are a race guided by psychic witchery and emotional extremes. A lot of the battles they engage in are echoes of historic or mythic battles. Style and the aesthetic are as much a factor as tactics or strategy.

>> No.28705154

>>28705024
Silly, Sicarius has loads of experience wading through the butchered corpses of his foes. Since he kind of always wins. Hard.

>> No.28705210

>>28705062
Not really, it's all about doing everything they can to delay the inevitable long enough to stop Slaanesh. Style and aesthetics have nothing to do with it.

>> No.28705233

>>28705062

As for raiders, the Imperium has trouble distinguishing Dark Eldar vs Eldar. They both attack you with fear, howling nutjobs, and space shuriken. The Eldar view mankind as a prey species, a virulent plague, warp bait, or brutal and ugly children who don't deserve a future if it has to be bought with Eldar lives.

In typical alien fashion:

If you are strong, they are deceptive.
If you are weak, they are merciless.
If they can't tell, they bide their time.

The Craftworld Eldar are the descendants of isolationist preppers who survived a cultural apocalypse. The Exodite Eldar are luddite Eldar living as their progenitor race intended, ie before the War in Heaven. The Dark Eldar are selfish and nihilistic in their belief that power and pleasure are more important than trying to be janitors of the warp.

GW lore allows for the possibility of short-term tactical alliances, but peaceful interaction is not an option. Imperium sends a brilliant awesome psyker to the Eldar for training. The Eldar kill the psyker, Inquisition sends Space Marines. As the Eldar die, they scream "Don't you see? This is how Elfhanith the Bold was betrayed by Dilhinof" The Eldar think this is the best way to teach mankind the power of friendship. The Inquisition sees xenos psychosis.

>> No.28705306

>>28705233
>Imperium sends a brilliant awesome psyker to the Eldar for training.

They would never do that, you idiot. Even the Eldar word for human translates into "that which must be destroyed". As far as the Eldar are concerned, the humans are upstarts following a corpse who happen to be squatting on THEIR worlds. The very idea of making friends with inferior beings is as unthinkable to them as it is to the Imperium.

>> No.28705340

>>28700338
>destroying chaos by finding a gem
wut

>> No.28705342

>>28705062
>>28705233
Don't try to explain it if you don't understand it yourself. Try reading the thread before you reply next time.

>> No.28705410

>>28699535
Easy enough. Spiritseer makes Wraithguard troops, and Wraithlords/Wraithknight are your three heavy support slots. There, you've got a comepletely legit 1500+(depends on everyone's equipment) army.
Just give some Wave Serpents to the Wraithguard, and give D-scythes to one or two squads.
You can try to play using Iyanden supplement, which allows you to take 1-5 Sprirtseers per HQ slot and make your Wraithlord/Wraithknight your Warlord.

>> No.28705432

>>28705233
which brings it to, if the imps and eldar would put thier borderline insane xenophobia of literally everything on the side for a second, the two would make an awesome permanent alliance. because thats literally the LAST thing anyone wants, imperium with free access to the remaining webway gates.

not to mention farseer level psykers in power armor big enough to throw light tanks

but no, 40k has to keep pushing the "only winners are chaos/nids/orkz, everyone else is just grimderp horrorfood with no chance of any actual cultural evolution brought about by the near extinction of both their civilizations"

but expecting ANY change in the imperium after the inquisition and administratum has basically been playing Catholic Church with the Emperor's teachings and buttfuking the entire empire for personal gain for thousands of years, imperium may be better off dead

>> No.28705473

>>28705306

No need to get personal. I didn't do the /sarcasm tag, but I figured most people would wonder who Elfhanith the Bold and Dilhinof were. (insert random eldar here).

Its just a hypothetical about even if the Imperium and the Eldar had the best of intentions (they don't), it would still go foul because:

A. GW makes Eldar actions capricious and alien
B. grimdark, tragedy is the result of good intentions

I always read that monkeigh was a generic term for a destructive race. wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eldar_Lexicon

In any case, it looks like you got this thread handled. Have fun bro.

>> No.28705519

>>28705473
>capricious and alien

They're just arranging things in their favor. It's not humanity's fault they can't see into the future.

>> No.28705606

>>28705473
Mon-keigh is most often used to refer to humans in particular.

>> No.28705842

I found this big guide to the Eldar language a little while ago. Now you too can speak in the space elves' language!

http://www.teuton.org/~stranger/index.php?action=cms.eldar_guide

>> No.28706973

The Eldar should get their own video game. They were so awesome in DoW2 and DoW expansion packs.

On the same engine as Space Marine except your character is like a Warlock or Farseer and is a bit more fragile but gets awesome psyker pwoers

>> No.28707161

>tfw always wanted to start Eldar army
>tfw too scared to start one because afraid people will think I'm less of a man for running it because colorful theme and lots of named female characters as opposed to ultra manly high octane testosterone packed imperium faction
>tfw also worry that they are heavily japanese/animu influenced
>have enough to start a decent 1500pts beginner army, hq, elites, troops and all
>don't because worried what other people will think

How pathetic am I /tg/? Should I just suck it up and start it?

>> No.28708499

>>28702145
>>28701192

>> No.28709090

>>28707161
yes. i dont know how it is around your area but here people would not even concider eldar unmanly. just prepare to be called a sneaky git.

>> No.28709979

>>28707161
Seriously if you like one army, get them, it's not like you are going to parade them in street are you ?

Also if that's the thing you worry about then you should be more worried about buying little plastic soldiers anyway

>> No.28710149

>>28707161
It's your army, and no one can make you change your mind. Your army is something YOU like, not someone else.
And if some mon-keigh says that Eldar are gay, then tell them that liking ultra-manly-high-octane-testosterone-three-meters-high guys can be even more gay.

>> No.28710826

>>28699150
Sotek may not be an Old One. IIRC, the Slann hadn't a clue who or what the hell Sotek was when the big Skink dude started screaming about a giant snake god. It's been suggested that Sotek may be some sort of manifestation of the Lizardmen's bloodlust and rage in response to the Skaven presence in Lustria.

>> No.28710864

>>28699836
No, wraithbone is the name of one material. The category is psycho-plastics.

>> No.28712867

>>28710149
This is one of the most amazing pictures I've seen come out of GW in so many years...

>> No.28713036

>>28710864
I think you are right. Wraithbone appears to be the name for the hard metal-like version of psycho-plastic which is used as armor, structural element or weapon blades.

Wraithbone is
- psycho-plastic material
- highly resistant to damage, similar to best Forgeworld-crafted armor
- less dense than aluminium, close to magnesium
- capable of limited self-repair, as long as large pieces are not missing (returns slowly to original shape, fractures fuse together)
- acts as carrier for psychic energy, used as power distribution and communications network
- generates naturally a psychic shield similar to Gellar Field

That is, a twisted wreck of Eldar ship found in a Space Hulk is slowly returning to its original shape, and counts as having active Geller Field.

>> No.28713067

>>28704729
>Ghostcrusher became legend due to the horrific deeds enacted on Craftworld Ila-Manesh. In 326.M33 a huge warband of the Night Lords descended from the darkness of the Warp on a mission of revenge. Their aim was simply to eradicate the world’s spirit stones, many of which had previously been stolen from the crone world of Aesyl-Sar. While delivering justice for this past Eldar sin, the Night Lords unleashed several Defilers. One of these, Ghostcrusher, stood out as a particularly savage machine beast. The Daemon Engine spearheaded a Night Lords assault upon the Shrine of Eldanesh, incinerating ancient tomes, crushing sacred totems, destroying spirit stones and burning the Guardians who attempted to prevent the desecration. So thorough were the Night Lords in their assault on Ila-Manesh that they left the craftworld a tomb, with no artifacts and no living Eldar remaining.

Yep, this is gonna be Ulthwe's fate.

>> No.28713850

>>28704352

>Hurr spirit stones rewrite brains

Codex specifically says the spirit of the original PL takes dominance over a gestalt of souls, not just mindwashing them into delusions like Blood Angels' Death Watch members. You pulled that shit out of nowhere with spirit stones rewriting brains. Not even remotely how stones work. They carry the original soul PL as well as the spirit pool of the exarchs.

>> No.28713881

>>28705233

What a fucking terrible explanation by someone that doesn't know basic shit.

>> No.28713926

>>28707161
>tfw also worry that they are heavily japanese/animu influenced

You're not pathetic just retarded. There aren't any japanese/animu themes in Eldar. They're a mishmash of just about every culture except japan.

Do you think characters that are lean rather than musclebound = animu?

>> No.28713948

>>28713067

>LaughingJainZar and Ynead

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action