Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 20 KB, 238x300, SupTG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
28053828 No.28053828 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So i've been a fan of 40k for a while now and i'm just now getting into the tabletop. I found that i really love the fluff of the Iandyen(Lyanden?) craftworld. So i come to you men (and women) of /tg/ to help me create a fluffy army list for Iyanden and any tips on painting would be great. pic related the Prince Yriel model i ordered.

>> No.28053896
File: 400 KB, 1920x1080, 5VpqVAG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

so i was just looking on some other forums and i'm getting some mixed opinions on whether or not the Iyanden supplement is worthwhile to use as opposed to the regular codex. i'll bump with wallpapers.

>> No.28053922
File: 696 KB, 2560x1440, 22883_warhammer_40k.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

should i get this paint set from gw or are there cheaper substitute paints out there? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod2100008a

>> No.28053933
File: 745 KB, 1440x900, 33505_warhammer_40k.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Bump for teh emperor

>> No.28053961
File: 470 KB, 1680x1050, 22886_warhammer_40k.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

bamp

>> No.28054266

Grey Knights 1200

HQ:
Mordrak
4x Ghost Knights

Xeno Inquisitor
-conversion beamer

Troops:
Strike Squad x9
-Justicar Thawn
-1x psicannon
-1x thunderhammer
-1x warding staff
-psibolt ammo

GK Terminator Squad
-2x thunder hammer
-1x psi cannon
-1x halberd

Heavy Support:
GK Purifiers x6
-4x incinerators

Transport:
Razorback
-TL Lascannon

This is my current list /tg/ plus or minus a few points because I still haven't decided on master crafting weapons or HK missle/storm bolter upgrades. Comes out to 1200. Will later be making a rifleman dread to bump it up to 1400 when cash allows.

Basically my biggest worry is AV13-14 as I'll either have to glance it to death or hope my RB survives long enough to take it out with it's Lascannons. Purifiers will be in the metal box so I can get them to the ruins/cover that problem units are hiding in. I feel the weakest point of my army is the 5 man termies as they will have to walk and most likely get chewed up. A nine man SS with psibolt is a terror on the field and they'll provide a strong anchor on any point with Thawn. The xenos Inquis will try to sit back and snipe (I may end up taking skulls to aid him) and to draw off deep-strikers till I can develop a counter tactic.

Just finished painting most of them so I haven't played a full game with them yet (excitement building)

>> No.28054402

>>28053828
Basically run Yriel, a spiritseer, wraithguard/blade, a wraithlord and/or Wraithknight. Then add stuff. Maybe harlies. Maybe some aspect warriors. Just need WRAITH.

>> No.28054476

>>28054402
okay cool, what aspects would compliment the main wraith force? Banshees? Scorpions? Warp spiders? Swooping hawks? Shining Spears?

>> No.28054537

>>28054476
As a rule, Wraith units are slow, tough, and good at killing enemy elite units, but are short ranged and can have difficulties with Hordes. Look for units that diversify your list further - Swooping Hawks and Warp Spiders are fast and excellent against infantry units, Striking Scorpions and Dire Avengers/Guardians bring solid anti-infantry Melee and Shooting options. You'll probably want a couple of Wave Serpents to allow important Wraith squads to close in faster and give them a bit of support as well.

>> No.28054565 [DELETED] 

>>28054266
>Basically my biggest worry is AV13-14 as I'll either have to glance it to death or hope my RB survives long enough to take it out with it's Lascannons. Purifiers will be in the metal box so I can get them to the ruins/cover that problem units are hiding in. I feel the weakest point of my army is the 5 man termies as they will have to walk and most likely get chewed up. A nine man SS with psibolt is a terror on the field and they'll provide a strong anchor on any point with Thawn. The xenos Inquis will try to sit back and snipe (I may end up taking skulls to aid him) and to draw off deep-strikers till I can develop a counter tactic.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your limitations. av14 is going to be a huge problem for you unless you can get your Daemon Hammers into the mix. I wouldn't count on your Razorback doing too much; if I was up against this list, the Razorback would be taking four lascannon shots on turn one, especially since you don't really have any other targets for heavy weapons.

You also have a very serious lack of anti-air. You can take a lot of shots, but you're needing 6s just to hit anything, and that's a horribly inefficient use of your already limited models.

The problem with the Strike Squad is that it needs to get within 24" to shoot anything. If your opponent can take that squad out before you can get into range (with pie plates, for instance), then you're going to be in some serious trouble.

Beyond that, your entire army seems centered around getting up in your opponent's face, but you only have one transport (which I can almost guarantee will be popped on turn one). I would definitely give your Strike Squad a Rhino or Drop Pod to get them into the fight as quickly as possible.

I'm just imaging this list against mine, and I think my army would have a field day against you.

>> No.28054594

Has anyone used flyers as their army's main anti-air? I'm in the process of designing a Dark Angels army, and I'm really tempted to take a Jetfighter and use it primarily to take out flyers and pop tanks.

>> No.28054626

>>28054266
>Basically my biggest worry is AV13-14 as I'll either have to glance it to death or hope my RB survives long enough to take it out with it's Lascannons. Purifiers will be in the metal box so I can get them to the ruins/cover that problem units are hiding in. I feel the weakest point of my army is the 5 man termies as they will have to walk and most likely get chewed up. A nine man SS with psibolt is a terror on the field and they'll provide a strong anchor on any point with Thawn. The xenos Inquis will try to sit back and snipe (I may end up taking skulls to aid him) and to draw off deep-strikers till I can develop a counter tactic.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your limitations. av14 is going to be a huge problem for you unless you can get your Daemon Hammers into the mix. I wouldn't count on your Razorback doing too much; if I was up against this list, the Razorback would be taking four lascannon shots on turn one, especially since you don't really have any other targets for heavy weapons.

You also have a very serious lack of anti-air. You can take a lot of shots, but you're needing 6s just to hit anything, and that's a horribly inefficient use of your already limited models.

The problem with the Strike Squad is that it needs to get within 24" to shoot anything. If your opponent can take that squad out before you can get into range (with pie plates, for instance), then you're going to be in some serious trouble.

Beyond that, your entire army seems centered around getting up in your opponent's face, but you only have one transport (which I can almost guarantee will be popped on turn one). I would definitely give your Strike Squad a Rhino or Drop Pod to get them into the fight as quickly as possible.

>> No.28054693

>>28054537
Main limitations are range. However, the main source of range for aspect warriors are Dark reapers, and you don't want more slow. Generally, in this instance, swooping hawks. They're fast, pump out a lot of Dakka, and light. Perfect counterpart. Use them to harass before striking while the irons hot. Also wraithlords are beasts. They can get lots of stuff here's an idea

Wraithlord (120)
1 shuriken catapult (free)
A flamer (free)
Scatter laser (20)
Eldar missile launcher (30)
Ghostglaive (5)

So for 175 points you get a MC that shreds light and medium infantry, and in melee WILL take down 4 guys. For comparison, an AoK is 195 and is faster in melee, but less powerful, and has less ranged presence

>> No.28054705

Vanilla Guard 500

Company Company - 2plasmaguns - 80

Platoons Command squad - Autocannon - 2x Flamers

Infantry - Autocannon - 60 x2

Vets - 2 plasmaguns - 100

Leman Russ - 150

Elysian 500

Company command squad - 2 flamers - 80

Platoon Command Squad - 2x flamer - 50

Infantry - Grenade luancher - 65 x2

Vets - 2 plasmaguns - 110

Vendetta 130

Critique?

>> No.28054724

>>28054693
Why bother with the Shruiken Catapult? It's far less likely to have an impact compared to the second Flamer.

I'm also not convinced by Eldar Missile Launchers. The Plasma Missile is nice, but the Starshot Missile is worse than a Brightlance. If they were the same price, great - but I don't think they're worth the extra 10 points compared to the Lance.

>> No.28054786

>>28054724
I'm more thinking the extra option of either making that marine SIT DOWN SON, or murdering those guardsmen is better than just the insta kill dat marine. But I get ya.
Also, I thought it was you could only take one flamer O_o. So yeah, take two

>> No.28054818

>>28054705
I almost called you a faggot for taking a Vendetta at 500 points, but then I saw >Elysian and realized that it was okay.

I wouldn't expect your tank to survive very long. And your Vendetta may (or may not) get shot down fairly early as well.

It seems like your list invites itself very easily to being divided and conquered. The Elysians seem built for taking the fight to your opponent, while your regular guard are built for sitting back and shooting. That lets your opponent focus on just one detachment, wipe them out, and then turn on the other half of your army. In order words, the list seems vulnerable to your opponent just fighting half your army at a time.

>> No.28054899

Dark Angels - 500 Points

HQ
Librarian (Prescience) - 65 Points

TROOPS
x2 9-man Tactical Squad w/ Plasma Cannon - 141 x2 = 282 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
5-man Devastator Squad w/ x4 Lascannons - 150 Points

Plan is to do as little moving around as necessary. Lascannons will pop tanks, flyers (with Prescience), and high-priority targets like HQ or Terminators. Tacticals will secure objectives and rain plasma down on my opponent with Plasma Cannons. Librarian will be with one of the Tactical Squads, but if I'd like to keep my army together so that I can throw Prescience on the Devastators if I need to.

Feel like I have a good solid base to build an army from. Good anti-tank (even against av14), good anti-infantry with the Boltguns and Plasma Cannons, and an HQ that enhances the rest of my army (in a pretty remarkable way for the point cost). My only real concern is flyers, but at 500 points the most I'll see is one (unless my opponent is a raging waac asshole), so I'm hoping my Devastators with Prescience will be able to bring it down.

>> No.28055017

>>28054899
If youre only taking one wep for your tactical squads, swap one or two models out to give the devastators some redshirts in case they get shot at by any long range goodness or flyers

>> No.28055103

>>28055017
That's actually a pretty good idea. I can drop a model from each of the tactical squads, throw an extra two marines in the devastators, and that gives me some extra wounds in that squad to go through before I start having to remove anything important.

Thanks for the suggestion!

>> No.28055202

Revised list from >>28054899.

HQ
Librarian (Prescience) - 65 Points

TROOPS
10-man Tactical Squad w/ Plasma Gun and Plasma Cannon - 170 Points

5-man Tactical Squad w/ Plasma Cannon - 85 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
7-man Devastator Squad w/ x4 Lascannons - 178 Points

Added some extra bodies to the Devastators as >>28055017 suggested. Beefed up one tactical squad to 10 members and threw in a Plasma Gun, and cut the second tactical squad to just 5 members, but kept the Plasma Cannon.

>> No.28055205

Are Crimson Hunters worth it? I mean you own the skies with them, but they're frail, and expensive.

>> No.28055272

>>28054626

Hadn't thought about AA, what's a good GK solution for that? Only one other (that my own flyer) I really see is an agis line.

>> No.28055302

>>28055272
Those are pretty much your two options. Grey Knights have a very seriously lack of anti-air options. Note that you don't HAVE to take one of those, and can use a double autocannon (with psybolt) dreadnought to take out flyers. You're going to need 6s to hit, but your autocannons will be s8 and twin-linked, so it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

>> No.28055366

Ok

So I'm going to play a 2v2 1250 point game on monday, and I have made this list:

HQ:
Company Command - 2x Melta, Autocannon

Troops:
Platoon Command - 4x Flamer + Chimera (Multilaser + Heavy flamer)

4x Platoons - Autocannons, 4x Grenadelauncher, 2x Commisar (Two blobs)
1x Heavy weapon squad - Autocannons

2x Vet Squads - 6x Melta + Chimera (Multilaser + Heavy flamer)

Heavy Support:
1x Leman Russ Battletank
1x Leman Russ Battletank

This brings me up to a total of 1200pts on the spot.
Now, my plan is to move forward with the vets, platoon command and tanks to take some objectives, while my HQ and platoon stays back and hold a defensive line.
I'm considering grabbing an Aegis defense line for my blobs, but should I skim some points off and get a cannon for it? And how does my list look in general?

>> No.28055538

Does anyone run any mixed armies using the Allies Rules for 6th ed or no?

>> No.28055558

>>28054818
Sorry i forgot a foreword

Im thinking of starting one of these two

theyre two different lists

my bad

>> No.28055645

so this question might seem a bit dumb but could someone tell me how many HQ options i can take, Troops, elites, fast attack and heavy support? like what are teh limits in say a 1500 point list. It's for Eldar if that helps.

>> No.28055940

>>28055645
2 HQ, 6 troops, 3 of everything else

>> No.28056031

Hey I'm starting with Space Marines but I'm totally new at 40k (fantasy only prior).

My enemies will be Tau and Eldar mostly.

I have two packs of Tactical marines already but NO idea what to build in weaponry or anything.

Tldr, how to start SM as a total noob?

>> No.28056225

Is there any viable list which doesn't require 90+ fucking ork boyz?
I'm not really looking forward to painting that many dudes.
Might make me change to another race instead, because fuck that.

>> No.28056244

>>28055645
2 HQ
3 Elites
6 Troops
3 Fast Attack
3 Heavy Support
1 Fortification

Mandatory: 1 HQ 2 Troops

Allies: 1 HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, 1 Heavy support, Mandatory 1 HQ 1 Troop

>> No.28056258

>>28056031
Two tacs are a good start, also pick a Chapter tactic and stick with it, I like Imperial Fists with Heavy bolters on tacs and devastators with Rockets and Lascannons

Next would be some sort of HQ, Captains are nicer with the new dex, then making a small 500 point list and filling out whatever else you need.

transports are usually the next step as footslogging marines are slow and dead marines, be it Rhinos or Drop pods. Bikes are another option but you already have two boxes of standard marines so i assume you want those guys to be used.

As you move up and buy new stuff i recommend buying in 250 points increments to up your army size, and laying out a plan of what you want at each new step isn't bad.

As for actual tactics, tacticals are generally good split up into 2 combat squads of Sarg+Special wep+3 doods and heavy wep+4doods.

A captain can hang with a Command squad, Libby is good with Sternguards, ive never used chaplains so i dunno what they should roll with.

Devestators are better in the new dex as they arent as criminally over priced but Predators arent all too bad just take 2 of them. Vindicators are too risky

Fast attack isnt something i use all to often, bikes are alright, but better in a biker based army and using whitescar tactics. Landspeeders are fun but they crumple easily, if you take them take 3 with multimeltas. Assualt squads are a no, just play Blood angels if youre dead set on using them.

>> No.28056282

>>28056258
Termies are alright, but better as assualt termies in a landraider, Tactical termies are strong but strombolters + a heavy weapon wont do much. Sternguard are great, taking a few in a droppod or rhino and loading them up with combi-meltas/gravs and using special issue ammo is great. Vanguard are just upgraded jump infantry with fancy options, agains just blood angels if you really want jump infantry.

Other then that, i find that fluffy lists are also fun, so i dont recommend just using a hardcore army, as this usually doesn't bode well in friendly scenes.

Just have fun

>> No.28056333

>>28056225
Way less detail for the lads.

Otherwise I mean, you could do a kan spam

>> No.28056546

>>28056225
>kan spam with big meks
>wazdakka and bikers
>2 warbosses, 2 mobs of nobs, 2 battlewagons, other stuff to taste

i would avoid buggies and trucks though

>>28055538
a lot do

>>28054594
flyers as an answer to flyers is alright. though you run into problems if yours come in first or don't show up all game. if you show up first then their flyer will hit you on the sides or you might not be able to hit them on your turn. or your only skyfire just died.

>> No.28056599

>>28055940
>>28056244
Thanks.

>> No.28056646

>>28056225

You could roll with the Imperial Armour books and take a Dread Mob. Units of 1-3 Dreadnoughts as Troops does bad things for model counts, plus you get tank squadrons, Grot tanks and just shitloads of armour in general.

Alternatively, take 2 Warbosses and load up on the Nobz. Bikernobz are an old favourite for deathstars and consist of the Warboss and his closest 6-7 mates just driving about on Bikes, absorbing firepower and then mugging the enemy.
Alternatively, take Meganobz and enjoy your Deathwing-Deffwing army. Y'know what's better than a Terminators with 2 Wounds and 3 Attacks? Having a Battlewagon as a dedicated transport. And 3 more in the Elite slot. And 3 bare Wagons as heavy.

All of which have Deffrollas.

Also Dakkajets.

>> No.28056727

Space Marine Stormtalons.

Trying to gauge if these guys are any good or not.

My meta has quite a few flyers and aside from the Mortis contemptor, good reliable AF is rare for space marines.

Stormtalons look decent enough at 125 points for a skyhammer/assault cannon combo. Enough to threaten most flyers

They don't die to bolters like speeders. Though, they die like a bitch to any s7 skyfire.

What do you guys think

Armored ceramite is useless though.

>> No.28056753

>>28056258
>>28056282

Thanks man!

>> No.28056768

tomorrow i'll have a 1000 points team tournaments and my ally will use dark angels, i'll use imperial guard.
what should i field?
i have a lot of infantry, some commissars and command squads, 2 leman russ, 1 chimera, 2 vendetta, one sentinel and around 25-30 heavy weapons

>> No.28056773

>>28056599
so i think i might have a 1500 point Iyanden Eldar list.

HQ
Prince Yriel 140
Spirit seer 70

Troops

Wraithguard x 5 160
Wraithguard x 5 160
Wraithguard x 5 160
Wraithguard x 5 w-Dsycthes 210

Elites

Striking Scorpions w-Exarch 95
Striking Scorpions w-Exarch 95
fast attack

Hemlock Wraithfighter 185
Hemlock Wraithfighter

Heavy support

Wraithlord w-scatterlaser 140

any opinions?

>> No.28056788

>>28056773
it comes out to 1415 total points btw

>> No.28056817

>>28056773
also there should only be one wraithfighter not two

>> No.28056881

I need your opinion /tg/

> Catachan 442nd Airborne Infantry Division
Vendetta Gunship - 140 Points
- Heavy Bolters

- Heavy Bolters

- Heavy Bolters

Veteran Squad - 125 Points
- Camo Cloaks
- Missile Launcher
- Meltagun

Veteran Squad - 125 Points
- Camo Cloaks
- Missile Launcher
- Meltagun

Veteran Squad - 140 Points
- Gunnery Sergeant Harker
- 2 Meltaguns

Command Squad - 125 Points
- Camo Cloaks
- Master of Ordnance
- Missile Launcher
- Meltagun

HelmetHead - 65 Points
- Guardsman Marbo

I played this exact list back in 5th, when Vendettas were fast skimmers. It worked really well, use my scout move to flat out across the board, drop the camo cloaked vets into whatever cover was the best and have the equivalent power armored Rambo across the fiels while blasting away with lascannons.
However, now it turns out I've got three flyers. I haven't played this list in 6th yet, despite it being my one true love, because I don't wanna be accused of bandwagon cheesemongering dickbuttery.

If I play my Catachans, am I a jerk? I won best painted at my last tourney, if that makes it any less lame....

>> No.28056925

Any Sisters players in this thread? Just starting out and bought the digital codex. Retributors are looking pretty neat, even though there's a loss of less Exorcists. Here's a plan for a 1500 list. Any help is appreciated.

HQ

Saint Celestine (135pts)

Troops (270pts)

Battle sister squad (60pts)
-5 additional battle sisters (60pts)
-Heavy bolter (10pts)
-Storm bolter (5pts)
Sister superior
-Storm bolter (5pts)
-Chainsword
(140pts)

Battle sister squad (60pts)
-5 additional battle sisters (60pts)
-Heavy bolter (10pts)
-Storm bolter (5pts)
Sister superior
-Storm bolter (5pts)
-Chainsword
(140pts)

Fast attack (520pts)

Dominion squad (65pts)
-x4 meltagun (40pts)
Dominion superior
-Combi-melta (10pts)
-Bolt pistol
Immolator (60pts)
-Twin-linked Multi-melta
(175pts)

Dominion squad (65pts)
-x4 meltagun (40pts)
Dominion superior
-Combi-melta (10pts)
-Bolt pistol
Immolator (60pts)
-Twin-linked Multi-melta
(175pts)

Seraphim squad (75pts)
-5 additional Seraphims (75pts)
-2 pairs of hand flamers (20pts)
(170pts)

Heavy support (465pts)

Exorcist (125pts)

Retributor squad (60pts)
-x4 Heavy flamers (40pts)
Retributor superior
-Combi-flamer (10pts)
-Bolt pistol
Immolator (60pts)
-Twin-linked Heavy flamer
(170pts)

Retributor squad (60pts)
-x4 Heavy flamers (40pts)
Retributor superior
-Combi-flamer (10pts)
-Bolt pistol
Immolator (60pts)
-Twin-linked Heavy flamer
(170pts)

Fortification (100pts)

Aegis defence line (50pts)
-Gun emplacement with quad gun (50pts)

>> No.28056946

>>28056881
leave the missile lancher and take more meltas
for the rest, it's pretty cool, love catachans but hate the fact that the models are so fucking old and we still don't have a good marbo model
also, can i haz pics of your army?

>> No.28057001

>>28056881
Agreeing with the other guy, drop missiles aquire melta

>> No.28057007

>>28056768
also i don't have an aegis defence line, how much should it be long and what can i use instead of it?

>> No.28057028

>>28056925
Personally id drop the rets and take Exorcists, then use the leftover 90points to get a small 5 girl squad to man the Aegis and get some loud hailers on some vehicles

>> No.28057219

>>28057007
p-please respond

>> No.28057250

>>28056773
Please /tg/ Halp!

>> No.28057371

>>28057219
sprures from models, you can make your own. i know it's 4 short and 4 long sections, but i don't know the measurements.

>> No.28057454

Guys, I have a problem.

I'd just begun planning an Inquisition list using the henchmen bands in the Grey Knight Codex when I heard about the new Inquisition Codex (Funnily enough, the same thing happened when I was about to start getting Sisters).

So should I start my army now and risk some of the expensive and heavily converted models I was planning on making becoming useless, or try and hold off until whenever it's released?

>> No.28057503

>>28057250
>>28056773
drop yriel, swap the wraithfighter for a crimson hunter, possibly give the wraithlord another gun.

overall it's alright, though you're lacking in ranged support, your army is tough with t6 but little to no invuls, and your wraiths will probably get locked combat and ground down.

>> No.28057693

>>28057454

If you are making a pure Inquisitor GK list the models won't be useless, you'll be able to use them with the Inquisition codex or as allies.

>> No.28057752

>>28057693
But I meant that I don't want to spend a fair bit of money on converting up storm bolter warrior acolytes to find out you can't take them in the new Codex.

I think I'll start on them anyway, I can always just ally back to GK if I have to.

>> No.28057820

>>28057752

I don't think any of the GK henchmen are ordo specific. Warriors and Jokaero are found in all retinues, for example and aren't limited to Ordo Malleus.

>> No.28058255

>>28056768
ok i was considering using the vendettas with veterans inside with shotguns, 3 meltas, melta bombs and a demolition charge
the vendettas should deploy the veterans after the hell passed and secure the objectives or take down nasty tanks with the massive amount of melta
then i would use some troops to defend the initial position with a command or a lord commissar
OR
taking 2 leman russes and a big amount of infantry

>> No.28058478

>>28058255

Drop demo charge drop melta bomb swap melta for plasma. Plasma is better and your Vendettas can shoot tanks probably better than melta vets can.

>> No.28058538

>>28057219
Roughly 3in for short peices, 6 for long, but go a little shorter becuase people might accuse you of cheating if they look too long

>> No.28058584

so i wanted to keep Yriel for reasons but here's a revised list.

HQ

Prince Yriel-140 pts
Spirit Seer- 70 pts
Troops

Wraithguard x 5- 160 pts
Wraithguard x 5- 160 pts
Wraithguard x 5- 160 pts
Wraithguard x 5- 160 pts
Dire Avengers x 10 95 pts
exarch-10 pts
Diresword + Shuriken pistol- 20 pts
Elites

Striking Scorpions- 85 pts
Striking Scorpions- 85 pts
Fast Attack

Crimson Hunter Exarch- 180 pts
w-Star Cannons

Heavy Support

Wraithlord- 155 points
w- scatter laser
w- Shuriken Cannon

I was going to fluff the Dire Avengers and Striking Scorpions as Corsairs.

>> No.28058608

Just wondering, what csm armies do you guys see the most?

>> No.28058635

>>28058584
total points 1365 unless my math is wrong.

>> No.28058664

>>28058608
>deathguard
>black legion
>noise marine/emprah kids coming back

and the thousand sons players are in the woodwork... but one day i'll have my revenge on those loyalists and then we'll see just how evil my sorcery is!

>> No.28058671

>>28058608

Tau Warband and Eldar Legion.

>> No.28058702

Not a single mention of NIDS.....for shame, half of you will switch to the new "FOTM" army in January.

>> No.28058721

>>28058664
>>deathguard
really wanting to play a mono nurgle army with daemons / deathguard but seeing how popular they are is completely off putting to me

>> No.28058806

>>28058721

Why the fuck are all Nurgle/DG fans such hipsters? Seriously? Unless you're the same fucking guy saying this for the past 6 months, there's gotta be like 30 of you guys who want to play DG/Typhus/Mono-Nurgle but refuse to do so because it's the only good CSM list and thus the most popular.

>> No.28058857

>>28053922

vallejo model air and army painter, p3 are all good. look on dakka wiki for the paint equivalent chart.

>> No.28058922

1500 Point SM
Chapter: Raptors
Specialty: Rending bolters

Captain with honor guard

6 10 men tactical squads
3 10 men Devastator squads.

No upgrades or special weapons. all squads are spaced with 2 inches between each model to avoid blast weapons.

>> No.28058925

>>28058806
Well I have been here for 6 months waiting for them to die off so i can play them. I love the lore for Nurgle and the plague focused daemons, I just hate playing whats the biggest because I dont want to be lumped into the WAAC fotm shitlords

>> No.28059015

tried a quick list for the tournament with an ally who will use dark angels
imperial guard 1000 points

c.c. squad with autocannon. commandant with power fist

p.c. squad with autocannon
infantry squad with autocannon
heavy weapon team, 3 laser cannons

veteran squad with 2 meltas

leman russ executioner with plasma turrets
leman russ with requiem turrets

aegis defence line

>> No.28059043

>2013
>Not Vlka Fenryka master race

The Allfather is not pleased

>> No.28059256

>>28058925
do it anyway, can't listen to what the internet/people say anyway. in addition to my thousand sons i have 2 squads of plague marines back when i used to play infiltrating death guard in 3.5.

>> No.28059277

>>28059256
>do it anyway, can't listen to what the internet/people say anyway.

Yeah its hard. Some say CSM is completely dead some say its all Nurgle. Not too reliable

>> No.28059324

>>28058702
their is very little debate for us Nids on what to take in a list atm, we are all w8in for the hive fleets like hidden Genestealers.

>> No.28059394

>>28059277
and people say meq is terrible and should avoided at all times. yet marine armies will always be favored in 40k. play what you like, and as long as you're not a jerk it'll be fine.

honestly everyone loves t5 and you get more use out of then i5/6++/rage or counterattack.

>> No.28059440

>>28059324
nids are kinda like sisters now, everyone knows what to take and not to take

>> No.28059456

>>28059394
>and people say meq is terrible and should avoided at all times. yet marine armies will always be favored in 40k.

So? That doesn't change the fact that MEQ is terrible.

Fact: MEQ is the worst troop type and by extension due to GW unit pricing, worst army type to field.

Fact: MEQ is historically the highest selling and most popular army type.

Doesn't matter if they seem contradictory, they're fucking facts.

>> No.28059513

>>28059440
exactly, im hoping that the new dex mixes things up abit, so I can play with abit more variety.

>> No.28059515
File: 260 KB, 955x634, must hide, the flesh will find me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28059456
>mfw i put out bait on accident

not trying to set you off or start another fight. by the way, there's no scabbard on draigo.

and hell, if MEQ is horrible then all the other types of troop must be worse.

>> No.28059520

When I deploy the entire 100 man company of marines in a 1500 point battle you will see the error of your ways.

>> No.28059567

>>28059515
>by the way, there's no scabbard on draigo.

Exactly. That wasn't Draigo.

>> No.28059594

>>28059515

No, other troops are better because they die just as easily as MEQ, but shoot better (due to special rules, weapons, or just having more dice) and cost less.

When you are being shot at by rending AP3 AP2 AP1 Eldar or Riptides or R'Varnas or Heldrakes, would you rather have 60 guardsmen, 30 gants, or 10 marines?

>> No.28059619

>>28059594
10 thousand sons, i don't really use cover for them anyway. my saving rolls are about even

>> No.28059628

>>28059515
>oh look this thread again

So what are you doing now, putting out bait on purpose?

How are other troops worse than MEQ, and how are MEQ better than other troops? Do tell.

>> No.28059637
File: 332 KB, 400x300, Draigo_in_wonderland.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28059515
>there's no scabbard on draigo.

of course not

Draigo IS the scabbard

>> No.28059651

>>28059619
>1Ksons are good
>MEQ is good
>non-MEQ is bad

Fuck off. Oh wait, /tg/ is terrible and retarded so I guess you're in the right place.

>> No.28059670

>>28059637

Quote me where it says that character was Draigo or even a Grey Knight.

DO IT!

>> No.28059676

>>28059515
With the amount of easily available AP3 or better firepower saturating 6th edition, as well as the abundance of cover saves for infantry, armor save is almost irrelevant.

Its always better to put more guys with more guns for less points on the field than it is to put down MEQ.

>> No.28059756
File: 329 KB, 500x282, DraigowantsMORE.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28059670
>Dont touch muh waifu!

>> No.28059801

>>28059628
there's already a fire brewing, why not add to it?

>>28059651
i didn't say 1ksons are good, you just asked what i would rather have.

>> No.28059842

back in my day 3+ meant something. I miss 3rd edition.

>> No.28059864

>>28059801

Which you would rather have out of the given choices dipshit.

>> No.28059893

>>28059864
10 marines, best friend.

>> No.28059909

>>28059893

That's because you're stupid and your Halloween costume sucked!

>> No.28059928

>>28059893

Picking wrong answers doesn't make you right.

You keep trying to make smart and witty responses but it's kind of hard because all your posts are based on an argument that's patently false.

>> No.28059932

>>28059670
You do realise that you are being taken for a ride, right?

Just like Draigos ass.

>> No.28059959

>>28059932

The only one doing any riding of Draigo's ass is the Emperor!

>> No.28059983

>>28059959
Emperors Children style!

>> No.28059997

if meq is so terrible why do I play death korps of krieg?

>> No.28060047

>>28059909
>That's because you're stupid
can't really argue against that an-

>and your Halloween costume sucked!
You take that back! My Mr.T outfit was the talk of the party last night!

>>28059928
im a horrible person tbh. honestly i'll still use marines no matter how many squads i gotta take off the board at once due to dragons/riptides/exploding rhinos/bad rolls i should be passing/that one time my dread crazy and killed my rhino killing the marines

>> No.28060117

>>28060047

I hate that GW keeps power creeping everything to sell new models...why not just have more variety? I miss using an autocannon with my dark angels scouts.

>> No.28060176

>>28059997

If GEQ is so terrible why do I play Tau Empire?

>> No.28060201

>>28060047
>honestly i'll still use marines no matter how many squads i gotta take off the board at once due to dragons/riptides/exploding rhinos/bad rolls i should be passing/that one time my dread crazy and killed my rhino killing the marines

And so will a vast majority of 40K players.

It doesn't make marines good. It just makes them the most popular.

Coincidentally, Eldar, and Tau sales are through the roof, mainly from the competitive side of the customers. Wonder why?

>> No.28060353

>>28060201
>wonder why?

Because bitches love xenos, new codexs, and units that punk marines. Also something about MEQ being what everyone aims to kill.

>> No.28061101

>>28056727
To answer your question from forever ago:

Stormtalons are pretty crap compared to other common flyers, but theyre also dirty cheap.

I take skyhammer missles, but any of the upgrades are decent. Don't take heavy bolters.

Always take two if you're not tight on FA choices.

>> No.28061165

>>28061101
>but theyre also dirty cheap.

Cost more than a Vendetta when taking sponson upgrades.

>> No.28061234

>>28061165
Nothing should be compared to the Vendetta ever. Its blatantly undercosted and broken.

>> No.28061248

>>28061165
Stormtalon with Skyhammer is 125, Vendetta is 130

>> No.28061298

>>28061165
Vendettas are crazy retardedly cheap for what they do. Broken units are bad examples.

>> No.28061387

>>28061248
>taking Skyhammer missiles

>> No.28061428

>>28061387
Why the fuck would you not? Cyclone are too expensive for such a fragile vehicle, and the S7 AP4 3-shots meshes well with the AssCan's S6 AP4 4-shots, for both light vehicle and infantry hunting.

>> No.28061456

>>28061428

It's not expensive at all, after all you take the Stormtalon because it's so "cheap" right? S8 is important as fuck. An extra shot of S7 is so amazing when Tau and Eldar exist right?

inb4 taking Stormtalons at all
inb4 playing MEQ
inb4 40K
inb4 GW
inb4 /tg/

>> No.28061479

>>28061456
>inb4 taking Stormtalons at all
>inb4 playing MEQ
>inb4 40K
>inb4 GWinb4 /tg/

rekt

>> No.28061540

>>28061456
>>28061479
>not playing casual, like 40k is obviously designed for.

>> No.28061593

>TFw can't beat an imp guard armored list as SM

>> No.28061604

>>28061593

You can't beat a lot of stuff as SM. SM fucking suck. Only /tg/ thinks they're good.

>> No.28061625

>>28061593
Spamming cheap options are decent against IG as SM. Run a couple TL las predators, 6 tac marine squads in rhino/DP. Boys before toys works well here.

>> No.28061653

>>28061625
Not when the faggot has 3 leman Russ executioners with camo behind an aegis

>> No.28061772

>>28061625
>SM
>cheap options
>Predator Annihilator
>tactical marines
>cheap

>> No.28061801

>>28061540
casual master race reporting!

>> No.28061820

>>28061653
Yeah, 40k is shit balanced. Just don't play against WAAC and you win.

>> No.28061844

>>28061653
Legion of the Damned with Melta/Multimelta/Combimelta. Ignores Cover precision deep striking meltaguns with 3++ saves will fuck up entrenched tanks, and they're only 155pts per squad so they're cheaper than the things they're killing.

>> No.28061883

>>28061801
>mah nigger

>> No.28061930

>>28061801

Them's competing words

>> No.28061947

>>28061844

I like LotD's new buffs, but two huge problems are they must start in reserve with no guarantee of arriving on time or at all, and Slow and Purposeful. I'd run my LotD as plasma or grav myself.

Also they are ugly. Yeah, I said it.

>> No.28062009

>>28061930
I'll take your
>wave serpent
>heldrake/Nurgle
>Certian tau builds
>whatever
And raise you
>CSM khorne marine/cultist spam
You'll never know my level of fun

>> No.28062018

>>28061947
Deep Strike is a good thing because it lets you actually get into range, and they can reroll their scatter if they wish. Reserves are highly reliable this edition, arriving on a 3+ turn 2 and automatically on turn 4, and their squads are cheap enough that its not a huge blow if they don't come in on turn 2.

Slow and Purposeful isn't a problem for LoTD at all. It grants them Relentless, and who the fuck cares about Overwatch since they operate in small squads anyway.

Also rememeber the subject at hand, which is popping Leman Russes camping in 3+ cover. Plasma ain't gonna get the job done, and they're not even allowed to take a Gravgun.

>> No.28062126

>>28062018

You can't sweep with SnP. Relentless is way better.

>> No.28062139

>>28062126
Yes, Relentless is better, but LotD aren't a melee unit. The sweep restriction isn't going to be relevant 90% of the time.

>> No.28062141

>>28062018

Why would you not DS behind the LR and shoot at AV10.

>> No.28062154

>>28062126
Not him, but LotD shouldn't really be in assault. They own short range fire fights, so relentless isn't a huge drawback.

>> No.28062163

>>28062141
If the IG player has even the tiniest amount of intelligence he's going to have his tanks parked in such a way that you can't get rear armor shots.

That's like Leman Russ 101, don't let deep striking units land behind you and shoot you up the tailpipe.

>> No.28062483

Archmagos with Servo Arm and Photon gauntlet 120pts

4 castellax with darkfire cannons 420pts
4 castellax with darkfire cannons 420pts
9 thallax with 3 photon thrusters 450pts
9 thallax with 3 photon thrusters 450pts
10 Adsecularis, Heavy chainblades, Fearless 70pts
10 Adsecularis, Heavy chainblades, Fearless 70pts

2000pts

>> No.28062510

>>28062483
I only know some of those words. Elaborate?

>> No.28062516
File: 140 KB, 588x882, 1349849979741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28062009
mfw I spam tyranid warriors in mycetic spores
at tournaments

>> No.28062544

>>28062516
10/10 would play against every week

>> No.28062571

>>28062510
mechanicum 30k army

Archmagos=HQ, basically a t5 techmarine

Castellax= 4w t7 3+/5++ Monstrous creature (Darkfire cannon is a 2 shot 60" range str 7 AP 2 lance)

Thallax= 3w t5 4+/FNP Jet pack Infantry with str 7 assault 1 guns (photon thruster is 48" str 6 2 shot AP 2 lance weapon)

Adsecularis= str4 t3 5+/FNP infantry that I have upgraded to have fearless and str 6 melee attacks

So lots of tough gribbly wounds and long ranged lance weapons with 6 scoring units

>> No.28062595

>>28062544
>>28062516
Actually now that I think about it, that could be a really cool battle. Elite assault forces dropping in the midst of CC-focused, less awesome but more numerous troops. What's your list?

>> No.28062632
File: 34 KB, 230x300, 3f00ace75ee769eb9e561454788c1762_7625.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

I was thinking of making a nice fluffy Iybraesil army, what do you guys think would be a nice list for them?

>> No.28062759

>>28062595

Usually something like:
Tyrant with Devourers and wings 245pts
Tyrant with Devourers and wings 245pts

3 Hivegaurd 150pts
2 Hivegaurd 100pts

9 warriors, boneswords, spore 400pts
9 warriors, boneswords, spore 400pts
Tervigon, Catalyst 175pts
Tervigon, Catalyst 175pts
10 gaunts 50pts
10 gaunts 50pts

Sometimes I drop things to add more upgrades to the warriors

>> No.28062896

>>28062759
I'll dumb it down incase you don't know CSM:

Kharn the betrayer

4x 16-man furious charge, extra CCW, 2x meltagun CSM squads.

2x furious charge cultist squads (30-Manish? Don't have my list infront of me)

1850 pts.

Would be fun.

>> No.28062952

>>28062896
Then CSM squads are fearless too. Sorry, at bar, getting drunk.

>> No.28062988

>>28062759

Nigger that isn't a Warrior list that's just a cookie cutter Tyranid list you shoved some warriors into.

>> No.28062994

Is this monogod competitive?

1 bloodthirster

3 hearlds of khorne, 1 lesser and loci of fury

3x14 blood letters +1 bloodreaper 1 lesser banner of blood

1 karanak

15 flesh hounds of khorne

2 skull cannons of khorne

2 soul grinders of khorne
(60 points to spare so I can choose the best weapon for the mission here)

Is this going to be effective enough? The only problem I foresee is land raiders, and my only solution is 2 str 10 options, or deep strike a grinder next to something it can punch to death
Would you all play against this daemon list without complaints of power gaming faggotry?

Is mono khorne possible?

>> No.28063008

>>28062988
Eh, at this point, all nid lists are pretty cookie cutter. That dex is getting old.

>> No.28063031 [DELETED] 

>>28053828
Time to crusade

Black Templars 1500pts

HQ
Helbrecht

Troops
2x Crusader squad (10), flamer, power axe, pistols and CCW, power sword and combi-flamer

Crusader Squad (8), meltagun, bolters, power sword and combi-melta, Drop Pod
>Helbrecht goes here

Heavy Support
2x Vindicators

NO PITY, NO REMORSE, NO FEAR!

>> No.28063190

>>28062632
Wraithblade blobs with spirit seers to work their way up field supported by a Wraithknight with Wraithguard in Waveserpents for AT.

>> No.28063231

>>28063190
Why so much Wraith? I never really saw Iybraesil as spamming wraith, though I do see them using Wraithlords instead of other Heavy Support options.

>> No.28063245

>>28062759
See, this is a good casual list. Its got some good stuff, some "bad" stuff that is at least clearly threatening even if it'll probably just get shot to death, and its got enough depth to reasonably deal with a variety of threats and army types. Its not going to be winning tournaments by any stretch of the imagination, but it's got a good enough toolbox to at least do decently.

I see too many people equate "casual" with "intentionally bad for the sake of being bad" and "incapable of winning games except against equally nonsensical lists".

>> No.28063281

>>28062632
Fun list.
2 spirit seers
8 wraithblades
8 wraithblades
5 wraithguards + waveserpent+ TL SC
5 Wraithguards + waveserpent+ TL SC
Wraithknight
Around 1750

>> No.28063290

>>28063245

What the fuck are you talking about the only bad stuff in there are the warriors.

I guess this is a good casual list too

1 XV8 commander

1 Riptide
1 Riptide
1 Riptide

12 Fire Warriors
12 Fire Warriors
30 Kroot

4 Vespid
4 Vespid

1 Skyray
1 Skyray
1 Skyray

>> No.28063309

>>28063231
Because they look bad ass.
Is there a better reason? I think not.

>> No.28063343

>>28063290
18 warriors with swords and spores is a pretty significant point investment (800 points), and Tyranids don't have anything in their codex that even approaches the effectiveness of the Riptide.

>> No.28063378
File: 529 KB, 465x750, 1370059071116.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Black Templars 1500pts

HQ
Helbrecht

Troops
2x Crusader squads (10), flamer, power axe, pistols and CCW, power sword and combi-flamer, Land Raider Crusader

Crusader Squad (8), meltagun, bolters, power sword and combi-melta, Drop Pod
>Helbrecht goes here

Heavy Support
2x Vindicators

>> No.28063383

General question. Flyers start in reserve. If they have a transport capacity, can I stick a unit in them and have the unit start in reserve as well, even if the flyer is not a dedicated transport?

Also, are there any rules about starting the game with no models on the table?

>> No.28063405

>>28063383
>If they have a transport capacity, can I stick a unit in them and have the unit start in reserve as well, even if the flyer is not a dedicated transport?

yeah

>are there any rules about starting the game with no models on the table?

you can do null deployment but if by the end of your turn you have no units on the table you lose the game

>> No.28063430

>>28063405
thanksanon

>> No.28063437

>>28063405
Actually the rules state that you can't have more than 50% of your army in reserves (although units that MUST start in reserve don't count towards the limit), so very few armies can actually do a null deployment, and the ones that can tend to need a pretty specific build to pull it off.

>> No.28063480
File: 81 KB, 960x960, 1362445650334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Fire Warriors x12 - 108

Fire Warriors x12 - 108

Pathfinders x4 - 59
Pulse Accelerator Drone

Pathfinders x4 - 59
Pulse Accelerator Drone

Fire Cadre - 60

XV8 Crisis Team x2 - 172
Twin-linked missile pods x2
Velocity Tracker x2
Shield Drones x4

XV104 Riptide - 240
Twin-linked Fusion Blaster
Ion Accelerator
Shielded Missile Drones x2
Counterfire Defence System

Eldar Rangers x5 - 125
Illic upgrade x5

Eldar Rangers x5 - 125
Illic upgrade x5

Illic Nightspear - 140

Warp Spiders x5 - 130
Exarch
Fast Shot
Spinneret Rifle

Warp Spiders x5 - 130
Exarch
Fast Shot
Spinneret Rifle

TOTAL: 1456

What could I change/ What would be a good way to fill up to the 1500 mark?

>> No.28063488

>>28063437
Gah
>>28056881 here. That totally throws a wrench in my entire army plan.
>I played this exact list back in 5th, when Vendettas were fast skimmers. It worked really well, use my scout move to flat out across the board, drop the camo cloaked vets into whatever cover was the best and have the equivalent of power armored Rambo across the field while blasting away with lascannons.

Advice on how to do something similar?

>> No.28063497

>>28063480
Man. I can't even. Why do you.

Taudar. Ick.

>> No.28063515

>>28063497
I did it for fun

I'm modeling the eldar as tau.

I don't play to win, but I don't want to get stomped 24/7 either.

>> No.28063524

So i resently discovered the uselessness of shadowsun infiltrating greyknight paladins with a 2+ cover save. Shadowsun can go pop tanks with her twin fusion blasters and assault whatever is inside with greyknights but that is like 800 points into one squad of 2+ cover and kills everything in close combat.

>> No.28063536
File: 586 KB, 500x230, tumblr_mgndy2cOqO1rb31fgo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28063480
>faggotry intensifies

>> No.28063549

>>28063524
>shadowsun infiltrating greyknight paladins

Um... what? GK and Tau aren't Battle Brothers, they can't do that.

>> No.28063560

>>28063515
You are forgiven. Lauded even, for thinking outside the box with the counts-as.
Wish I knew shit about Tau or Eldar to help you. Drop the Riptide? >100$ to have people call you a faggot, and then take moar skimmers for your eldar.

>> No.28063596

>>28063549
way to crush my hopes and dreams anon.

>> No.28063612

>>28063524
I recently discovered the usefulness of screaming WWWAAAAHHHHGGG and hurling my massive metal warboss at the opponent's face whenever he tries to shoot at any of my troops.

.......That maneuver is actually more legitimate than the one you're talking about and more sporting.

>> No.28063632

what does /tg/ hate more? 9 broadsides or 3 riptides?

>> No.28063656

>>28063632
9 broadsides with 3 riptides with crisis suits for troops.
I have faced it, and in so doing seen the visage of the Devil himself....

>> No.28063658

>>28063632
I too would like to know the answer to this.

>> No.28063674

>>28063343

It's kinda sad how some books are basically "if your list deviates in any way from this netlist, your list is pretty much shit". Orks and Tyranids come to mind.

>> No.28063704

>>28063674
I know

I rarely lost with my termie missile spam black templars in 5th ed but once I stopped doing that I never won another game

>> No.28063781

>>28056773
You might want to consider replacing Striking Scorpions with something else. They will never make it to their target in one piece (without any casualites). I'd suggest exchanging them for Warp Spiders or Swooping Hawks. Both of these units are great fast attack choices, are very mobile and can handle vehicles pretty well.
Or you can add more Wraithguard.

>> No.28063792

>>28063480
Lose the Warp Spider exarchs, since you can lose them to rolling doubles when warp jumping.

>> No.28063850

>>28063245
>I see too many people equate "casual" with "intentionally bad for the sake of being bad" and "incapable of winning games except against equally nonsensical lists".

This.

>> No.28063976

>>28063245
>>28063850

If you purposely choose not to min/max then you are intentionally being inefficient for the sake of being inefficient. There's no two ways about it.

>> No.28064537

>>28063976

Or you are being inefficient for the sake of having fun. 15 Mortar Teams for my IG may not be efficient...but goddamn is it fun. And you know, 15 mortar teams and 6 heavy bolters but some hurt on infantry, even before the lasguns.

>> No.28064538

>>28063976
>being this autistic
Go play SC2 or something that is actually suited for that.

>> No.28064547

>>28063850

Exactly...too often, the people who minmax aren't playing for the right reasons. I don't want to know I'm always going to win. It's a game of chance, and there is no point in taking it too seriously or getting bent about your toy soldiers not winning.

>> No.28064587

>>28063976

That autism.

It's like they can't balance trying win and trying to bring a fun list.
I could easily switch out my units for better ones, copy a cookie-cutter list from Warseer.

Doing that isn't hard, it's not an achievement.

>> No.28064617

>>28058635
If its still for 1500, the add stuff. Seriously, you got the points to do it. Say fuck it, and throw in a Wave Serpent to carry some of those troops and Yriel into the fray. Also, that Wraithlord is not maximising potential. Add a flamer (no wait, add two) and you will smash through EVERYTHING at 12", due to sheer amount of wounds happening. And if you want to say Fuck you special character, eat MA SWORD, give him a Ghostglaive.
If for 1400/50 then just upgrade stuff. Like Scorpions Claws, or Exarch powers

>> No.28064653

>>28064537
or bein true to fluff

>> No.28064666

>>28064538
>>28064587
>if people point out my fun casual stuff isn't min/maxed they must be autistic!

That's what an autist would say.

>> No.28064709

>>28059015
8 hours
Bump
Please the tournament is today tell me if this will work

>> No.28064790

>>28056773

Scorpions compliment wraithguard well, but make sure the exarch has the claw. He is a monster with the claw.

>> No.28064845

>>28063792

>Dropping anti-air from your WS in case of massive unluck

You have 4 other guys to lose before that happens. You want that twinlinked BS5 S6 AP1 vehicle popper.

>> No.28064855

>>28064666
>if people point out my fun casual stuff isn't min/maxed they must be autistic!
Actually, you said
>being inefficient for the sake of being inefficient.
when you've been presented many other reasons why someone would be inefficient. Your inability to fathom this is why we call you an autist. Ergo, fuck off.

>> No.28064890

>>28064855
People are remarkably prone to ascribe questionable details in their judgement of others' actions to massive amounts of sheer stupidity, even when it's far more plausible that the original statement was meant in a saner and more intuitive way.

I highly doubt that this person truly could not comprehend the things he directly acknowledged. Rather, I believe that he is claiming that it is unnecessary to play deliberately inefficiently.

>> No.28064940

>>28064709
I never take sponsons on my russ. Barebones Russ is best Russ, in my opinion. Plasmas are the only sponsons worth taking on a executioner, if any.

On an executioner, it's delicious.

Just remember all those points you've spent on it when you give your opponent a LoS to it's side armour.

>> No.28065254

>>28064940
what's barebones russ?

>> No.28065325

how are camos for imperial guard veterans? worth a try?

>> No.28065358

>>28065254
Nothing but the heavy bolter and battlecannon.

>> No.28065371

>>28065358
so, a normal leman russ with 3 heavy bolters?

>> No.28065374

>>28065371

No sponsons, just 1 HB and a battlecannon.

>> No.28065563

>>28057028
Thanks to this anon for the input. I would take the exorcists if they had barrage as well as the dat AP1 heavy d6.

>>28056925
Bumpin' for Bolter bitches.

>> No.28066670

I am bumping this thread and I'm doing it for America.

>> No.28068183

i brang this list today:

cc squad
cp squad
infantry squad
infantry squad
infantry squad with autocan and commissar
infantry squad with autocan
heavy laser team

hellhound
leman russexecutioner with double plasma
leman russ

aegis defence line

battlebrothers formation, so had to bring min. one troop
used the infantry as a unit or 40 or 2 units of 20

won both the matches without losing infantry men

>> No.28069714

>>28063480
I made it gayer/better?

Fire Warriors x12 - 108

Fire Warriors x12 - 108

Pathfinders x4 - 59
Pulse Accelerator Drone

Pathfinders x4 - 59
Pulse Accelerator Drone

Fire Cadre - 60

XV8 Crisis Team x2 - 172
Twin-linked missile pods x2
Velocity Tracker x2
Shield Drones x4

XV8 Crisis Team x1 - 71
Shield Drones x2
Flamer

XV104 Riptide - 240
Ion Accelerator
Shielded Missile Drones x2
Counterfire Defence System

Eldar Rangers x5 - 125
Illic upgrade x5

Eldar Rangers x5 - 125
Illic upgrade x5

Illic Nightspear - 140

Warp Spiders x6 - 114

Warp Spiders x6 - 114

TOTAL: 1495

>> No.28069827

>>28063378
could work, depending how melta/railgun heavy your local meta is

>> No.28070931

>>28055366
>Please respond

>> No.28071270

First game vs friend, 1250 Point Limit with whatever we have on hand. Orkz/Tau shenanigans abound.

Orkz (Primary)
Warboss
-Ammo Runt
-Boss Pole
-Attack Squig
-Cybork Body
-Twin-Linked Shoota
-Power Klaw
-'Eavy Armor

Boss Nobz
-Big Choppaz
-Boss Pole
-WAAGH! Banner
-Twin Linked Shoota
-Ammo Runts
-'Eavy Armor

Slugga Boyz Mob
-'Ard Boyz
-Two Big Shootaz
-Nob with Boss Pole and Big Choppa

Deffkoptaz
-Twin Linked Rokkit Launchaz

Tau (Allied)
Shas'O Commander
-Iridium Battlesuit
-ATS
-Shield Generator

Crisis Bodyguards
-Shield Generators

Fire Warriors
-One set with Pulse Carbines, others with Plasma Rifles
-BKR
-EMP Grenades
-Marker Lights and Target Lock

Opinions?

>> No.28072038

Why do I see people complain about how WAAC CSM is when all I see in here is eldar / tau?

>> No.28072090

>>28063378
no one can comment on this list?is iit becauss its awesome?

>> No.28072270

>>28063480

you could make the list LEGAL

allies limits are 1 hq 2 troops 1 slot for the rest.

>> No.28072303

>>28072090

codex is too fresh. There is no settled meta for BT yet.

>> No.28072355

Here. I've been kicking ass with this list left and right. Some newbies might apriciate this

HQ - Farseer 120
Jetbike; Singing Spear

HQ – Avatar of Khaine 205
Fast Shot

TROOPS – 10 Guardians 110
Brigtlance
TRANSPORT - Wave Serpent 135
T-L Scatter laser; Holo-field

TROOPS – 10 Guardians 105
Shuriken Cannon
TRANSPORT - Wave Serpent 135
T-L Scatter laser; Holo-field

TROOPS – 5 Rangers 60

TROOPS – 6 Windrider Jetbikes 122
2x Suriken cannon

FAST ATTACK - 8 Warp spiders 152

FAST ATTACK - 8 Warp spiders 152

HEAVY SUPPORT - Fire Prism 140
Holo-field

HEAVY SUPPORT – Vaul's Wrath 60
2x Shadow weaver

>> No.28072423

>>28072270
Oh, for real? Then I'll just merge those warp spiders into one squad.

Th8x m8

>> No.28072619

>>28072423

Also

1. Unless you are playing for fun and dont care if you win or lose: forget about pathfindes and illic. forget that character exist and forget the option for eldar pathfinders exist.

2. If you take eldar allies take jetike farseer. 1st roll for runes of fate. If you roll doom or fortune keep it othervise swap for guide
2nd roll for divination
3rd for telepathy

for 2nd and 3rd swap for primaris if you didnt got anything usefull. You decide if the power is usefull depending on opponent and mission

3. Take 2 units of 3 windrider jetbkies. Keep windriders in reserves for late game objective grab.

Windrider jetbikes is the main reason why eldar codex is so broken. Theay are cheap, scoring and are fastest possible unit in game. Windrider bikes are too good to miss out on them.

>> No.28072693

>>28072619
I picked the Eldar Pathfinders for fluffy and fun reasons so it would be hard to convince me to get rid of that particular part of my army, though I do acknowledge that jetbikes are a smarter option.

I guess I would if right now you told me that the Illic stuff is outright fucktarded and I WILL lose every game.

>> No.28072827

>>28072693

Ok if you really want to take Illic. The only way I see any use of him is to give normal 10 man squad of Rangers stealth USR.

You can swap 1 squad of pathfinders for 10 rangers and still save some points.

Also Ilic is half decent in close combat so if your opponent would want to charge the rangers he would need to do it with some decent close combat unit/character/MC.

>> No.28072848

>>28072827

*meant shrouded not stealth

>> No.28072929

>>28064855

No you're calling him autist because it's a buzzword and /tg/ does shit like that all the time. That is, casual players getting pissed off and calling WAAC players autistic.

>> No.28072976

Space Wolves 2000

Bjorn the Fell Handed

Rune Priest
-Chooser of the Slain

Dreadnought
-Extra Armors
-DCCW w/ heavy flamer
-Assault Cannon

Wolf Guard
-Arjac Rockfist
-5 TDA
-Cyclone
-2 combi melta 1 plasma 1 storm bolter
-Chainfist, 2 powerfists, 2 wolf claws, Storm shield
-Land Raider Crusader-multimelta-armor

10 Grey Hunters
-2 plasma guns

10 Grey Hunters
-Melta, Flamer
-Wolf Standard
-Powerfist
-Rhino

5 Grey Hunters

Long Fangs Pack X2
-2 missile launchers
-2 lascannons

Comes out to 1995 points

>> No.28073001

>>28072827
Thank you for the advice, good person

>> No.28073084

>>28073001

no prob.

Just consider Illic a 140 pts shrouded with some ranged and cc options.

if you want some other ideas here's another: attach him to vauls wraths and position the unit in some cover. Illic would count as T7 dude this way and whoe unit would benefit from his shrouded making it extremaly tough unit to deal with when shooting.

>> No.28073126

Semi-Competitive Sentinels of Terra list:

Garadon
heavy bolter, plasmagun, drop pod
[270]

2x 10 man Tactical Squads
heavy bolter, plasmagun, drop pod
[400]

Devastator Squad
multi-meltas, drop pod
[145]

Devastator Squad
lascannons, drop pod
[145]

Centurion Devastators
grav-cannons and grav-amps
[250]

Allied Detachment
Tigurius
[160]

5 Sternguard Veterans
combi-gravs, drop pod
[205]

8 Scouts
sniper rifles, missile launcher
[110]

>> No.28073159
File: 128 KB, 600x878, 1364520928435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>28073126
Woops forgot to mention: 1750, have 20 pts left over. also Tigger is 165. My bad. Special Snowflake bump.

>> No.28073239

>>28073126

The devastator squads I'm assuming are just to even out your drop pod count because you should never be snapfiring those heavy weapons you won't hit shit even with Fortune unless you're podding in close and taking a turn to setup. It's why MM devs aren't really good even as Salamanders unless you are Ultramarines or White Scars/Raven Guard.

Centurion Devs on foot doesn't work unless they are LC/ML.

Podding Sternguard grav makes you lose half your shots from salvo disembark. I recommend either making them melta or plasma/vengeance rounds or better yet, making them a grav biker command squad.

Make the scouts 5 or 10 with cloaks and drop the ML.

>> No.28073464

>>28073239
I could leave them back and give them both lascannons. Pod meltavets would deal with AV14. Do LC/ML cents do well against air with fortune? Have about 60 points left over.

>> No.28073622

>>28073464

LC/ML is worse than grav cannons against air targets because grav cannons shit out so many shots. But you have harder time getting the flyer in range of 24".

I do not like LC/ML at all. I feel they get far too few shots and cost far too many points just to be at 48" (I'd prefer if it was 2 LC shots instead of 1 TL) but 3 TLLC and 3 S8 is not bad.

>> No.28073724

>>28073622
Perhaps I should go with some Stormtalons then? I don't run across too many 'cron lists at my LGS but there is a guy running 2 turkeys at tournaments. Mostly eldar with tau allies and some tyranids.

>> No.28073732

>>28062009
how do I plague marine + cultist spam? how do I do that?

Got about 20 plague marines and 30 cultists, and a nurgle sorcerer. Where do I expend from that?

>> No.28073864

>>28073732

Heldrakes, bikers, oblits, more plague marines, more cultists, chaos terminators.

>> No.28073900

>>28073724

If you don't mind the model then Stormtalons are good. Two stormtalons is better than 3 Centurions.

Reserve rolls can fuck you sometimes though. Also you might want to eliminate skyfire interceptors with your podded units or have Tigurius hang back to give them 4++ against interceptor.

>> No.28074309

>>28073864
>heldrakes
fuck

Okay thanks. guess I'll go nurgle termies then

>> No.28074578

>>28074309
Fuck this meta shit. Play thematic, not to win. You'll win every game, regardless of the outcome.

>> No.28075147

whats the best loadout for a black templar command squad on bikes?

Im thinking a melta and power weapon for everyone

A gravgun for everyone

or

Storm shield and power weapon

but im not sure...

>> No.28075380

>>28075147

5 plasma guns or 4 plasma 1 apothecary.

>> No.28078062

>>28068183
Are you 12 years old?

>> No.28078489

>>28056773
Wraith dudes need Wave Serpents to deliver them to targets.

>> No.28078714

>>28078489
I don't play eldar so I'm not sure of the terminology, but I've seen footslogging wraithguard with psykers work really well. That was last edition, so I'm not sure if it still holds though.

>> No.28078820

Chaos Lord
mark of khorne, juggernaught of khorne, axe of blind fury, sigil of corruption 170

sorcerer
mark of tzeentch, terminator armor, mastery level 3 150

CSM x15
plasma gun X2, power sword 235

CSM x10
mark of khorne. Flamersx2, 170
Rhino havoc launcher 47

Berzerkers x10
power sword 215
Rhino dirge caster 40

terminators x5
lightning claws (champ), heavy flamer, mark of tzeentch 214

hellbrute power scourge 115

predator las sponson, twinlinked las turret 140

>> No.28079060

>>28078714
The issue is that their guns are either 12" or 8" range, so they need to close with the enemy and do so quickly. As a nice bonus, serpents are arguably the best vehicle in the game now. You can fit a caster in the tank with 5 wraith dudes if you so desire.

>> No.28079081

>>28078820
Where are the lord/sorc going? What's your battle plan/meta?

>> No.28079619

Need help getting this to 1500 with ideas on expanding to 2000. Hope I am not going in too awful a direction with my idea of contesting and snagging objectives while Wraith and Serpents act as soaks. Need more Wraith? Bikes?

1x Farseer
-Jetbike, Mantle, Singing Spear

4x Warlocks
-Jetbikes, Singing Spears

4x 4man Windrider Jetbike Squadrons
- Shuriken Cannon

2x 5man Wraithblades
-Ghostaxe/Forceshields
-Wave Serpent
-Scatter Laser, Holofield

>> No.28079672

>>28079619

always tke jetbikes in tems of 3 or 6. Upgade to shuriken cannons whenever possible.

>> No.28079698

>>28079672
So would dropping them to 3 and adding another unit of 3 and a Jetlock be a good idea?

>> No.28079782

As a gift from somebody who doesn't even play I have received a box of Catachan guys, a Chemira, some aircraft who's name eludes me, and the IG codex. Outside of figuring how to make the flesh on these guys not look like ass what comes next?

>> No.28079812

Little 500 point list I began working on a few weeks ago, I'll probably rearrange some stuff when Inq Codex comes out, but for now:

Coteaz

Xenos Inquisitor with Rad grenades, Psychotroke grenades, power armour and ML1 psyker, probably taking Primaris power of Divination.

Henchmen band: 3x Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3x Plasma gun acolytes.

Henchmen band: 3x Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3x Plasma gun acolytes.

Henchmen band: 3x Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3x Sanctioned Psykers (dem sexy mindsplosions).

Henchmen band: 3x Storm Bolter Acolytes, 3x Sanctioned Psykers.

Henchmen band: 5x Death Cult Assassins, probably with power mauls and power swords.

The plan is to run the DCAs with the Xenos for taking out HQs, since the rad grenades reduce toughness the S6 power mauls can ID T4 or lower commanders, with the Inquisitor capable of holding their own in a challenge.

The rest of the army does their own things, with the psyker squads blasting clumped together enemies and the plasma squads gunning down 2+ enemies.

The only thing I'm really worried about is AV14 vehicles since Coteaz with hammerhand is my only way to deal with it. I only have 4 spare points lurking about, so should I cut apart and re-assemble my list to have some meltas?

>> No.28079851

If I'm already taking a C'Tan Shard for Writhing Worldscape and intent to do the Bouncy Castle, how shit of an idea is it to give him Grand Illusion and just slap him behind an aegis line all game? Or Swarm of Spirit Dust, for Stealth.

>> No.28079873

>>28079782
Got any playstyles you think you'd like to go for?

>> No.28080006

>>28079873
I'm not entirely sure. What's a good idea for a novice or something that fits the theme of these overly buff muscle heads?

>> No.28080158

>>28080006
Surely you have some idea, but I'll help you out:

Unless you're specifically playing to win (aka maxing out on aircraft) then you have three main areas to get stuff for Imperial Guard; your infantry, your tanks or your artillery. Which one interests you the most and the least?

>> No.28080240

>>28080158
Infantry>=Tank>Artillery

>> No.28080304

>>28080240
Okay, then your first priorities to add to your stuff should probably be to get a Leman Russ or three (I'd recommend three if you can).

From there a few boxes of Catachan infantry would be useful, and once you've painted up some you can decide whether or not you want big infantry platoons or small veteran squads.

Once you've gotten infantry and tanks to your heart's content you should look into getting one or two artillery pieces. Basilisks are always great, but depending on what you need a Colossus or Medusa can also be good.

Just be warned that lots of infantry platoons and tanks can cost a lot.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action