Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 383 KB, 3000x1810, 1254337216854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
27592145 No.27592145 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Ok so I played a game a game of 40k last week I was playing Blood Angels and was teamed up with a sisters of battle player, after 2 turns of throwing everything I had at Chaos and Daemons I called it quits when I inflicted 0 wounds and lost a squad. I gotta ask if Blood Angels are even viable to use anymore in 6th edition, they got nerfed hard from 6th edition rules, 3 of my best HQs are pitiful (Dante, Mephiston, Astorath) I need to rediscover some new tactics and tricks if they have any left. Help me out guys

>> No.27592183

>>27592145
Sounds like you were a rage quitting pussy.

Keep stomping the fucker until one of you stops twitching.

>> No.27592822

>>27592145
>I gotta ask if Blood Angels are even viable to use anymore in 6th edition,
Yes, yes they are.

>they got nerfed hard from 6th edition rules,
Kinda assault was made less reliable for everyone, Bangles still have the ability to fuck peoples days.

>3 of my best HQs are pitiful (Dante, Mephiston, Astorath)
Wait what? How Mephiston is one of most powerful single models in the entire fucking game? How are you fucking that up? Dante and Astorath are their to build you list around and be very high standard warlords stop being bad.

>I need to rediscover some new tactics and tricks if they have any left.
For starters you have dedicated AV14 when the meta is "I S7 you to death!!1!!!", you have fast vindicators for that 1st turn s10, you have actually viable assault builds, You really need to redress your game brossef

>> No.27592908

>>27592822
>How Mephiston is one of most powerful single models in the entire fucking game?

AP3 sword, no Invul save. He's only strong is your opponent just so happens not to have any tools to deal with him.

Dante, on the other hand, is now Initiative 1 thanks to his Axe, so he gets punked by just about any other combat HQ ever.

Astorath is just meh.

Really, the only thing BA have going for them these days is Fast Land Raiders and Vindicators, and scoring AssMarines who can pack meltaguns.

>> No.27592983

>>27592908
if you get the right two abilities: (which at psychic mastery 3 you have decent chance of doing), Biomancy Mephiston is pretty much the most horrifying the game in a melee, save for MAYBE Abaddon.

>> No.27593155

>>27592908
>AP3 sword, no Invul save. He's only strong is your opponent just so happens not to have any tools to deal with him.
Roll thrice on biomancy, If you get endurance AND iron arm then you effective have one of the most powerful characters in the game.

More importantly you have a force sword for inst punking DPs, Non megaBosses and Wraithnights and you will completly flatten any unit that doesnt have a 2+ save.

If you have 3 landraider redeemers and 3 vindicators as well then you are pretty much set.

>> No.27593902

>>27593155
I haven't been able to look into the psychic powers much, but i'll check them out for Meph, but not having an invul save and now not being able to mess up 2+ armor guys has screwed me in HQ fights, all my friends use powerful HQs that have high armor
>>27592822
basically what >>27592908 said. Also Dante and astorath were priced to compliment their Initiatives, its almost a cruel joke how the new axe rule just completely turns one of his strongest stats into nothing. Also whats a Bangle

>>27592183
It wasn't a rage quit, it was a surrender because my partnered player lost his entire army and we hadn't even killed a signle enemy model, it was really a hard morale blow against us, 2+ cover save thanks to shroud when all my guys were trying to kill their heavy weapons will do that

>> No.27594283

>>27593902
If your mephiston gets Iron Arm, Endurance, and -god forbid- warp speed (I think is what it's called.) I doubt even Abaddon could take him on.

Biomancy is the melee librarian's best friend.

>> No.27594556

>>27594283
Only real problem I have with Mephiston nowadays is getting him into assault, since hes not an independent character I cant pack him in a squad, which just lets everyone shoot at him till he drops

>> No.27597030

Blood Angels have a lot of retardedly good things, like fast engines, CORBULO, Sanguinary Priests, CORBULO, 13% chance of scoring with Mephiston, etc.

However, despite all their good attributes put together, it still does not make a very strong list. You will beat a poorly put together list from most books, but a random Tau list will still trounce you and you are still the "worst" army in the game, but that type of evaluation always assumes each army is built to the absolute min/max and piloted by skilled players. Even though BA is the "worst" of all the competitive builds, it's still a pretty decent army.

The best part is if you actually have a table that lets you make it into assault, you will SMASH most armies, ESPECIALLY mechdar. You bring more melta and glancing/penetrating attacks to rear AV10 than almost any other army.

I do believe Daemons auto-win against BA though. I've never seen the matchup but just from running the numbers of how Daemons usually perform, they can out-price, out-efficiency, and out-last you with the 2++ and massive rerolls. They will have to play around some BA units though but really, a full-on head-to-head brainless clash is not the proper way to measure armies against each other anyway, or else BA would be considered "good" instead of worst in the game, because they ARE good, if you can actually make it into assault.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action