Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.26805949 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I have a few questions.

So can other species besides humans get corrupted by chaos? While I was reading fluff I only remember imperial guard and space marines becoming corrupted, but not a single Ork, Eldar (unless Dark Eldar are corrupted by Slaanesh), Tau...

Chaos is sustained by corrupting others, right? Does that mean there is no real win condition for Chaos, they are happy enough to maintain the endless war?

Do Gork and Mork live in the immaterium with other Chaos gods? Do they have their own realms? Do they ever send a helping hand to the boyz?

Is Malice cannon? What's his deal exactly? Heard he's like the chaos god that only focuses on fighting other chaos gods.

Is it still possible that some huge event could birth a new chaos god? How would you assholes react if GW introduced yet another one in to the mix?

>> No.26806023

>>26805949
>So can other species besides humans get corrupted by chaos?
Yes.
>but not a single Ork, Eldar (unless Dark Eldar are corrupted by Slaanesh), Tau...
Orks are Orks, nuff said.
There *are* some Chaos Eldar.
DEldar are no-chaos allowed.
Tau aren't attuned enough to the warp.
>Does that mean there is no real win condition for Chaos, they are happy enough to maintain the endless war?
Kinda.
If they took over everything it'd be an endless war between the four gods, which I suppose *IS* their ultimate goal.
>Do Gork and Mork live in the immaterium with other Chaos gods? Do they have their own realms? Do they ever send a helping hand to the boyz?
No one has a fucking clue.
But we imagine they do.
>Is Malice cannon? What's his deal exactly? Heard he's like the chaos god that only focuses on fighting other chaos gods.
Malal's just kinda been pushed to the side completely,
>Is it still possible that some huge event could birth a new chaos god?
Other gods like Ynnead or Emperor warp god are probable, but otherwise no, impossible.

>> No.26806062

>>26805949
>Chaos is sustained by corrupting others, right?
chaos is sustained by the thoughts of warp-capable species, specially the sentient ones
even tau sustain chaos a bit because even they have a warp presence, tho no bigger than a cat's
everything can be corrupted by chaos, but it is mainly psyker who can become gateways for the warp into the materium, the physical world
Eldar's live according to very strict paths because such discipline helps them overcome the persecution of Slaanesh, they can fall to the other chaos aspects, tho it is rare and there is not a single well fluffed character detailing this
Ork usually only fall to Khorne, but they were engineered to have the figures of Gork and Mork, who are likely to be real warp entities, given how the eldar gods are/were. also, the orkz interact with the warp in a limited way, clouded by their communal waaagh link
Dark Eldar is what would happen to Eldar if they did not follow their paths, even if they do not worship slaneesh it can slowly drink their souls away, the being DE torture act as proxy souls for them and slaneesh
if GW introduce yet another chaos god i would not give a fuck, since it would be plot advancement of sorts
Malal exists in Fantasy Battle, have not heard anything about it in recent 40k fluff

>> No.26806130

>>26806023
>If they took over everything it'd be an endless war between the four gods, which I suppose *IS* their ultimate goal.
It's hard to claim they have an ultimate goal - they're opposites of each other, thus can't really have any unified purpose.

Chaos is Chaos, it's chaotic and unreasonable. As long as they're fed, I'm not sure they care - Khorne is certainly depicted as not caring if it's his enemies or his followers that are dying, Tzeentch is regularly depicted as giving zero fucks, everything is a sacrificial pawn that has already been sacrificed.

>> No.26806142

>>26805949
Other species can be corrupted. One of the Tau novels had a Fire Warrior get manipulated by Khorne, and the Dark Eldar are basically Eldar corrupted by Slaanesh.

>> No.26806156

What happens if an Eldar dedicates himself to Khorne?

>> No.26806172

>>26806130
>It's hard to claim they have an ultimate goal - they're opposites of each other, thus can't really have any unified purpose.
They want to be able to do anything they wish, which in my opinion would be control of the galaxy.

>>26806156
If he manages to get far enough without being slaughtered, their soul will forever be claimed by Khorne as one of his subjects.

>> No.26806173

>>26805949
I've seen kimbat-unit/deathwisher's shit twice today.
I think I should quit while I'm ahead.

>> No.26806175

>>26806142
Rather, Eldar who go to any extremes to prevent their souls falling to She Who Thirsts.

>> No.26806193

>>26806156
Their enigmatic and artistic nature naturally attracts them to Slaanesh, not Khorne. The Aspect Warriors are about the Eldar equivalent of Khornate warriors, since they dedicate themselves to fighting.

>> No.26806198

>>26806156
assuming Khorne deems him worthy and the Eldar does not get offed by everyone around him noticing he is batfuck insane (all Eldars communities have strict rules about interacting with the warp, DE ban it completely) he could become attuned to Khorne, who would likely keep him safe from Slaanesh, although the lives of chaos champions and chosens are not particularly nice, you exist to serve, if you are good enough you might become immortal like Lucius and his ilk, who just get respawned by their sponsor god should they fall in battle

>> No.26806221

>>26806062
>Malal exists in Fantasy Battle, have not heard anything about it in recent 40k fluff
Sons of Malice worship "Malice," who is basically Malal.

>> No.26806222

>>26805949
>Do Gork and Mork live in the immaterium with other Chaos gods
Gork and Mork do not actually exist. Orks believe they do, and shit orks believe in "happens", hence why some orky psychic powers seem like G&M miracles.

>> No.26806238

>>26805949
Chaos Orks, Eldar and Tau have all made appearances in the fluff. Even the original necrons were called Chaos Androids.

>chaos is happy enough with things as is
Maybe, maybe not. It's chaos, shit isn't explained.

>Gork/Mork
Yes/probably not/Maybe, but not in the same way as the mutations and boons of chaos

>Malice
Is an unaligned greater daemon with a cult following, in-setting. He's got no deal, since he's got no coverage. Google "Malal" if you want to know what he's loosely based on.

>new chaos god
Possible, but if a new warp power came into being, it probably wouldn't be a chaos god.

>> No.26806239

>>26806172
>They want
They're more like a force of nature than anything else, not to mention Khorne is self destructive in nature so literally can't have a want.

Go dig into realms of chaos.

>> No.26806248

>>26806239
>not to mention Khorne is self destructive in nature so literally can't have a want.
He wants to destroy.
That's his want.

>> No.26806265

>>26806248
>He wants to destroy.
he wants battle, glorious bloody battle, all the time
that's his want

>> No.26806280

>>26806062
Arguably Eldrad could have been a disciple of Tzeentch with his endless plotting and backup plan after backup plan after backup plan shenanigans

And disciples of Khaine could be argued to be almost worshipping Khorne just they are more disciplined and less about stabbing their allies just so blood is spilled

>>26805949
Every being with a warp presence can be corrupted by chaos, in some of the novels they expand on this more but basicly if you ping on the warp radar you can be used. dark eldar actually cut off their psyker powers somehow in order to avoid chaos and slaanesh to a degree

chaos is maintained by the emotions of these beings, it is strengthened by their belief and by performing actions that they like ie killing things for Khorne, relentlessly pursuing perfection for Slaanesh, plotting for the sake of plotting for Tzeentch and spreading disease for Nurgle

Gork and Mork according to old fluff exist in the immaterium with the chaos gods, this is mentioned since they interact with the other gods more than a little in the various mentions of them, they help out the boyz sometimes but not as directly as in fantasy where shamans summon the foot of Gork to stomp on things, there is no mention of them having their own realm however so that one is unknown.

Malal / Malice is canon but ignored because GW lost the writer who actually created and held the rights to it by being their usual shortsighted asshats

Any event where enough belief, psyker power or emotion that isn't already covered by an existing warp god was generated could technically cause a new warp god to be born. This is unlikely though since the big ones are covered and the last time it happened it took most of the eldar race having the orgy to end all orgies which spawned slaanesh.

>> No.26806281

>>26806265
See?
And Slaanesh wants to do everything in Excess.
Nurgle wants to expand his family and continue the cycle of life.
Tzeentch wants to JUST AS PLANNED every second.

>> No.26806307

>>26806222
If the Orks believe they exist, the Waaagh! should create enough resonance in the Warp to actually make them real.

>> No.26806315

>>26806280
yes, relationships have been made between the Eldar gods and aspects and the Warp gods, but i think that was mainly in fantasy battle, were some official fluff (WD official) mentions relationship between elf worship of khain and khorne worshipping
the little i know, is a link between the dark eldar succubi and the aspect warrior's path

>> No.26806346

>>26806222
Except Gork and Mork do exist because the Orks which are by far the most numerous known race that have a warp presence in the galaxy believe they do, just like the humans believe the emperor is a god and so he in part is according to some bits of the fluff.

>> No.26806385

>>26806315
Well there are separate entities that the eldar believe in but their manner of worshipping them overlaps some with the existing chaos gods anyway so it would strengthen them as well

That is the other thing OP, actions that strengthen the chaos gods help them regardless of whether a worshipper does them or not, if the imperium virus bombs a planet to wipe out it's enemies Nurgle enjoys the result. If space marines slaughter thousands of cultists in the name of the emperor Khorne sits back and enjoys the bloodshed

>> No.26806398

>>26805949
>So can other species besides humans get corrupted by chaos?

Yes. The fluff contains plenty of Chaos aliens (those snake things Fulgrim exterminated, the weird things in Xenos, etc.) Plenty were purged during the Great Crusade, but many remain. Humans as a major galactic power form the bulk of Chaos forces due to their numbers and being easy enough to corrupt, as well as being desirable (all humans have psychic potential as per 6e rulebook fluff).

>not a single Ork, Eldar (unless Dark Eldar are corrupted by Slaanesh), Tau...

3e Daemonhunter codex has art of Nurgle orks. Old fluff says Khorne has interest in Orks and their ferocity (up to noting that Khorne has some orky facial features due to all the bloodshed orks cause). Crone World Eldar were once the most powerful mortal followers of the dark gods, making even the most potent CSM look like pussies, but there hasn't been anything since. There's fluff of Tau and Kroot being affected by Chaos, but no real corruption/allegiance.

Emotions and souls. They've existed (in a form or another) since sentients have lived and as long as we feel and our souls end up in the warp, they get power. Even the most righteous zeal can power Chaos.

Their ultimate goal is to overlap warp and real space to turn the universe into one big Eye of Terror where their dominion is absolute.

>Do Gork and Mork live in the immaterium with other Chaos gods?

Yes, but they're a rather random thing, so they're not really there until needed.

(cont.)

>> No.26806418

>>26806346
Belief doesnt make a god, emotion does.

But at least Gork exists because in battle the fist of Gork can plunge down on the enemies that the rulebook also describes as such.

>> No.26806452

>>26806398
>Do they ever send a helping hand to the boyz?

Quite literally. Well, at least in WHFB shamans can summon Hand of Gork, which is a giant fist that just pounds to ground. It has had its own template even.

>Is Malice cannon?

Malal. And no. Sons of Malice (who wear his colours and iconography) and some other references are made towards him, but he's not an major thing in the game.

He used to the anti-Chaos Chaos god, his operators actively seeking to destroy the followers of other Chaos gods and his weapons were anti-Chaos in nature.

Doubt it.

>> No.26806479

>>26806418
Belief backed by psychic power works
Otherwise Tzeentch would be fucked since what emotion does he embody? Planning isn't an emotion, being pleased with plans isn't really enough

>> No.26806522

>>26806479
Neither for that matter is anything Nurgle covers
Since Nurgle covers disease and decay which last time I checked aren't really emotions or have any specific emotions associated to them that are unique

>> No.26806526

You guys are really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Here's some extremely d&e fanart. Noise Marines make me smile. The very idea using music as a weapon amuses me greatly.

>> No.26806538

>>26806522
Nurgle is fed by the fear of death from what I remember reading.

>> No.26806566

>>26806538
And the spreading of disease, decay etc

The point is though that more than just emotions feed the warp gods

>> No.26806597

>>26806479
Hope.

Khorne is anger, represented by bloodshed.
Slaanesh is pleasure, represented by excess.
Nurgle is despair, represented by decay.
Tzeentch is hope, represented by change.

Hope for change, hope to make a difference, hope to change the status quo. Nurgle is about accepting the inevitable, to give in, to let the cycle of life take its toll and to despair over this realization. That's why they're opponents.

>> No.26806614

>>26806522
Tzeench embodies Hope. The idea that yu can change the world if you learn enough, scheme hard enough, change yourself enough. His followers tend to embody this as 'schemes and magic' but ultimately it's about the beliefe that you *can* change things.
Nurgle is about Dread and despair. Fear of death, old age, infirmity, sickness. Nurgle worshippers give into and accept this dread, revelling in it and finding bleak humur in it. So, they spread diseases because, hey, we all die eventually, so it doesn't matter, and at least papa nurgle loves me!

You should read the realms of chaos fluff books, they lay this stuff out very nicely.

>> No.26806631

>chaotic orks
I think I remember 2e having khorne worshiping boyz out there.
>chaos eldar
someone mentioned there was a way for an eldar to sell there soulstone to a chaos god for protection from slaanesh.
>Chaos Tau.
warp immune sadly, heck, last I check Farsight was the only one who didn't pretend chaos never existed.

>> No.26806658

>>26805949
>So can other species besides humans get corrupted by chaos? While I was reading fluff I only remember imperial guard and space marines becoming corrupted, but not a single Ork, Eldar (unless Dark Eldar are corrupted by Slaanesh), Tau...
Orks - No.
Eldar - Yes.
Dark Eldar - I suppose, they'd kill you first though.
Tau - No.

>Does that mean there is no real win condition for Chaos, they are happy enough to maintain the endless war?
There is a win condition - they corrupt humanity, gaining such power through being worshipped that the Eye of Terror grows to absorb the entire galaxy.

>Do Gork and Mork live in the immaterium with other Chaos gods? Do they have their own realms? Do they ever send a helping hand to the boyz?
Probably.

>Is Malice cannon?
Nope, Malal is entirely non-canon.

>> No.26806690

>>26806142
>>26806142
> Fire Warrior get manipulated by Khorne,

OMG STOP REPEATING THAT LIE AND READ THE DAMN NOVEL!

Seriously.

It was a Tzeentchian Daemon that was influencing Kais. Get it straight.

>> No.26806691

>>26806631
on the other hand, Kroot *do* get corrupted by chaos sometimes, and the shapers make damn sure that the corrupt kroot don't get re-absorbed into the gene-pool. It takes a lot for Kroot to burn their dead, but it's become standard for Kroot fighting chaos.

>> No.26806697

>>26806597
Tzeentch is the God of Change. Nurgle wants everything to stay the same, while accepting the irony that stasis is impossible, represented by decay.

>> No.26806711

>>26806566
Nope. Warp is a realm of emotions and life. No matter exists there, it's pure psychic energy. It resonates with life and flows naturally with it. When sentients appeared, their emotions brought something new to the warp and began to change it. In time these emotions changed the warp and gave birth to the gods of Chaos.

That's the fluff since RT days (in Realm of Chaos books) and even in 5e Necron codex it says the warp used to be peaceful until the psychic races of the Old Ones fucked it up and twisted its creatures into monsters (meaning Enslavers probably weren't bad things before.)

>> No.26806745

>>26806711
Explain how physical things can survive there and in the case of the Orks thrive there.

>> No.26806761

>>26806745
Same way warp-creatures can survive in the Materium.

>> No.26806785

>>26806745
warp is magic, it ain't gotta explain shit, don't try to liken it to stuff like the force or anything like that
40k is mostly high fantasy in space, some people fail to see the thinly veiled fantasy aspects in it

>> No.26806788

>>26806526
This pic always reminds me of what slaanesh is all about
>Surrounded by hot daemon bitches
>have tentacles
>at least six kinds of chems being pumped into your system
>looks absolutely bored

>> No.26806813

>>26806761
Energy can exists in Real Space.

How can physical things exist somewhere made outta energy? Because its not made outta just energy. Ork spores can grow in the there and people can breath and function in there.

>> No.26806853

>>26806248
Which is completely self destructive.

If you follow his endgame (including your claim that Chaos wants to control the galaxy or whatever), then everyone is going to end up dead, thus there's no fuel for the gods.

Gods are nothing without their fuelsource.

>> No.26806864

>>26806315

Years ago, Gav Thorpe posted on Warseer about how the gods in Fantasy are aspects or something like that of the chaos gods.

The example he gave was to imagine the Chaos gods as four overlapping circles. Khaine would be a smaller circle where Khorne and Slaanesh overlap and the Horned Rat would be on the overlap between Nurgle and Tzeentch.

>> No.26806869

>>26806813
>>26806745
if you guys are talking about the Eye of Terror or other warp/materium overlaps, they have properties of both, is mainly a piece of the "real" universe where the warp more easily influences events
the pure warp, where the chaos gods reside, has not laws of physics and you either exist through force of will (assuming you are a psyker powerful enough) or because the gods wish you to

>> No.26806880

There are canon Khornate Orks, Nurglite Orks, and Tzeentchian Orks.

But the God should totally have Ork servants is Slaanesh and yet there isn't any canon Slaanshi Orks despite them being the embodiment of excess.

>> No.26806888

>>26806175
>Eldar who go to any extremes to prevent their souls falling to She Who Thirsts
> go to any extremes
Going to extremes to foil the god of excess? Someone is being stupid here, and it's either you or the Eldar.

>> No.26806896

>>26806697
And Khorne is the Blood God, but he doesn't get power from blood, he gets power from the anger that's associated with the act of spilling blood. It says that the moment the first sentient rose its hand against another in anger, Khorne has existed.

Realm of Chaos books say Tzeentch gets its power from the hopes and dreams of people wishing for riches, power, to help the poor and weak, to change the world and to become better. All this is change, powered by the hope for change, just like decay causes people to despair, which is Nurgle's domain.

Nurgle is not about despair of failing to uphold stasis. Nurgle is the god of life, decay, rebirth, etc. But it's an endless cycle, never ending. No breaking free from destiny, from your mortal coil, to watch it wither and die and having to live with that fact.

>> No.26806919

>>26806864
that's actually pretty neat. Links?

>> No.26806946

>>26806813
Warp is parallel world and turbulent noosphere at the same time, laws of physics do not apply to place where souls, concepts and emotions feast on each other, until only strongest survive - the Chaos Gods.
>>26806888
It is about the paths, subduing most of yourself and doing and feeling only things layed out on path. And eldars are way more emotional than humans, thats quite an extreme approach for them.

>> No.26806950

>>26806315
Taking into account both WFB and 40k fluff, it would suggest that Khaine is a kind of 'filter' for Khorne; a sort of psychic proxy that allows them to tap into the primal power, energy and emotion that constitutes Khorne, while remaining at one remove and thus lessening the chance of corruption. Perhaps it was the same with Isha and Nurgle, but it failed somehow, hence the myth of Nurgle taking her captive.

>> No.26806956

>>26806896
Hey guys I want to check something with you. Not that good in English so I might got it wrong.

Picked this from here recently does it imply that Khorne feeds on the destruction of planets?

>> No.26806999

>>26806452
>Quite literally. Well, at least in WHFB shamans can summon Hand of Gork, which is a giant fist that just pounds to ground. It has had its own template even.

I believe that they do that in 40K too, though it is expressed as a telekinetic field in the shape of a foot of fist. The Orks none the less consider this a sign of their gods favor.

>> No.26807003

>>26806745
Why shouldn't they? Is there some rule that says the moment a rock passes into the Immaterium it disintegrates?

Orks thrive because Khorne is amused by them and allows them to fight in his domain. He has whole arenas for potent fighters to fight in. In Eye of Terror there's a starsystem sized forge within the Eye operated by mortals and daemons alike to churn out ships and guns.

>>26806813
They can, because the gods allow them to. A ship can lose its Gellar field and have daemons pass through the hull like it wasn't there and be just fine. Whole planets can be sucked into the warp and come back.

>Energy can exists in Real Space.

This isn't electromagnetic radiation here. Psychic energy is not material, it's not captured in batteries or manipulated by magnets. It can't be measured or manipulated without a psyker or psychic technology. For the naked eye the warp is empty and ship sensors will not pick anything in it. Only a psykers, especially navigators, can truly sense what's going on in there.

>> No.26807013

>>26806956
Khorne feeds on conflict. Apathy pisses him off.

>> No.26807018

>>26806919

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?9535-If-all-Gods-are-Chaos-Gods

>> No.26807022

>>26806946
Ok, then it's the Eldar being stupid. Extreme denial or repression is still an extreme expression of emotion, suggesting that eventually the Path system will collapse and Slaanesh will get them in the end.
thinking about it as I type, maybe that's what Rhana Dandra is.

>> No.26807059

>>26806880
And for those wondering, the way you get orks to fall to chaos is to isolate them. Gork and Mork protect orks through the Waagh! effect. When you have singular orks wandering around on a planet, they're ripe for corruption.

>> No.26807086

>>26807059
And even then other orks will slaughter them for not being propa orky.

>> No.26807097

>>26806956
FFG fluff his shit and shouldn't be taken at any value.

Here's from 6e daemon codex. Nothing about no crashing planets.

>> No.26807123

>>26807003
>This isn't electromagnetic radiation here. Psychic energy is not material, it's not captured in batteries or manipulated by magnets. It can't be measured or manipulated without a psyker or psychic technology. For the naked eye the warp is empty and ship sensors will not pick anything in it. Only a psykers, especially navigators, can truly sense what's going on in there.

Necron technology can capture warp energy and seal it away through technological means. They got a device that can detect Warp activity.

With all due respect, sir, you are in the wrong.

>>26807003
>Why shouldn't they?

Lack of the essentials of life?

>> No.26807131

>>26807022
No emotion means no emotion. And no emotion means nothing for Chaos. That's how GK, Ethereals, Harlequins, etc. do it. In Fire Warrior the Chaos dude says that no matter how he tries, he can't get a hold of any emotion in the Ethereal and Solitaires are said to be completely emotionless and thus only ones who can play Slaanesh in the Dance Without End.

>> No.26807214

>>26807097
Absence of lore does not mean it doesn't exist. The codices have always been the broadest and most superficial takes on their topics.

>> No.26807286

>>26807123
Necrons have technology that can create pocket dimensions from which daemons cannot escape, because it's not connected to the warp.

Null field matrices work by strengthening reality and thus making it harder for warp stuff to pass through from the warp. Gellar fields work the same way, forming a bubble of reality around the ship and can also be used in real space.

Their warp detection device is not elaborated on. Might as well detect the effects of warp on reality, rather than warp energy itself. We don't find black holes by looking for them, we look for the distortions they cause.

>Lack of the essentials of life?

You know what also lacks the essentials for life? Space. Yet here we are, floating in space, on the surface of a rock.

The Orks traveled to Khorne's realm with ships and in the fluff it says Draigo can't attack any of the gods directly because they do not allow him to. You think the Orks could have fought Khorne is he didn't want to? He manifested that realm within the warp to give his daemons something to chop at.

In Eye of Terror there's planets shaped like roses that Tzeentch made because he liked them. They're corporeal and have people living on them, but they're totally made from warpstuff within the warp. In the same novel there's a whole fleet of ships made from warpstuff with soldiers manning them and living on them, until of course they desync and fade away, leaving all the non-warpstuff stuff floating in space.

>> No.26807289

>>26806346
they only "exist" because the orks willed them to exist. The emperor didn't spring out of a desire of the human race for him to exist.

We're close to just mincing words here but there's only psychic energy which the orks identify as mork and gork. but those aren't sentient beings. They only 'behave' like the orks think they should behave.

>> No.26807296

>Eldar
Yes, they can get corrupted by Chaos, quite easily actually due to their enormous psychic potential. However, different Eldar factions deal with this in different ways. Craftworld Eldar live a life of super-discipline, along with psychic channeling technologies that help protect them. Exodites live hardy and simple lives that leave them less time to explore the excesses that lead to Slannesh.

The Dark Eldar revel in the excess that Slaanesh exalts; however they fear She Who Thirsts rather than revering Her. My understanding (based on what Phil Kelly wrote) is that Slaanesh is constantly siphoning off their souls, causing them to grow constantly weaker and waste away. The psychic reaction to pain and suffering helps to buffer their souls, revitalizing them and sustaining them so that they might not be completely drained. They hate Slaanesh while being constantly enslaved to their own desires. It is intentionally ironic.

>Tau and Kroot
Tau have weak connections to the warp, and are therefor resistant to the influence of Chaos. However, resistance does not mean immunity, and they can in fact be corrupted, but such corruption is very rare and would require an exceptional individual with the right combination of a powerful spirit and a lack of discipline for the Chaos gods to get a grip on them. "Fire Warrior" (the novel) gives an example of this.

Kroot can be influenced by Chaos, but these do not take quite the same forms as they do in humans. A fluff story in White Dwarf revealed Kroot coming under thrall to Slaanesh after eating the corpses of members of a Slaaneshii warband, though this did not become apparent until they were exposed to a sorcerous perfumed fog. The Kroot got into the habit of being a bit more careful about who they eat when dealing with Chaos after this. Rogue Trader makes clear that Kroot are not so tempted by Chaos as humans, but they are still subject to the corrupting influence of warp exposure, becoming more feral.

>> No.26807337

>>26805949
>Chaos is confusing
Well it is chaos after all.

>So can other species besides humans get corrupted by chaos? While I was reading fluff I only remember imperial guard and space marines becoming corrupted, but not a single Ork, Eldar (unless Dark Eldar are corrupted by Slaanesh), Tau...
Everything can get corrupted by chaos. Squats, robots, xenos, humans, celestial bodies, words and symbols. Concepts might have been corrupted in cannon too, but I don't recall.

Chaos is sustained by emotions. Whenever something feels emotion it feeds chaos, because the warp is a dimension made of feeling giving form. Yes this means that when you are killed by daemons of Tzeentch it is indeed your hopes and dreams ripping you apart.

Chaos has no win condition. Chaos needs no win condition. Chaos probably doesn't even know what a win condition is.

Gork and Mork are asleep in the warp, not yet ready to wake up. Occasionally Orks become aware of their dreams, this causes bad things. Like Waaaghs and the invention of Gargants.

>Is Malice cannon? What's his deal exactly? Heard he's like the chaos god that only focuses on fighting other chaos gods.
Malice is one of the innumerable minor powers in the warp that lack the presence and following of the big 4. Malice represents the self destructive nature of chaos and feeds off hatred and rebellion against authority. He is the god of angsty teenagers whose parents don't understand him.

It takes time to make a new major god. The Fall took thousands of years to awaken Slaanesh. Minor ones who really cares.

>> No.26807349

>>26807123
Furthermore!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AodYTkHctsQ#t=196

3:19

This is the quote the Shas'O says when confronting a Great Unclean One. Similar to this, many events where Tau meet Chaos or wander in Chaos tainted areas their devices and technology record ''unknown'' or ''anomalous'' energy or radiation.

Claerly, the Warp can be perceived and measured through pure technological means. In the case of the Necron, It can be controlled to a degree.

>> No.26807361

>>26807131
Solitaires are a pretty special case, even for Harlequins. the paths channel and control emotions, but they can't completely eliminate this. Hence the whole shtick of the Aspects; they channel the emotions of 'war' it to a very specific, narrow spectrum. The Dire Avenger feels pride, honour, etc., as the noble defender of his people, yet these are still martial emotions.

>> No.26807367

>>26807214
And all the dozens of background books like Realm of Chaos, Liber Chaotica, etc. that fail to mention Chaos being fed by abstract notions, only by emotions and souls? Is supernova Khorne because it's a "violent" explosion or Nurgle because it's the result of the star's natural decay? What pleasure do inanimate objects have? Do they have will or hopes and dreams for Tzeentch?

Face it, FFG is just pulling shit out of their ass. Their lore might be canon in FFG world, but they're a 3rd party developer working under a license and it has no bearing on GW's own fluff.

>> No.26807485

>>26807349
You can not that your pants are wet and you can build a dam to stop water from flowing in, but that doesn't mean you can control water.

In the material realm warp energy corrupts everything around it, twists reality, etc. Within the warp, where there's no matter, only psychic energy, you get nothing.

If technology could make any use of the warp, why did it take until the navigators that warp travel finally took off? Without a navigator you're flying blind. And DaoT humans could move celestial bodies and shit, yet couldn't build a sensor to navigate the warp. Even in the Necron codex it says that Orikans predictions are always fucked up by the warp, because he can't take it into account.

>> No.26807502

>>26807485
>can not that

*can NOTE that

>> No.26807539

>>26807131
>No emotion means no emotion.
>In Fire Warrior the Chaos dude says that no matter how he tries, he can't get a hold of any emotion in the Ethereal

To be fair, that does not mean the complete absence of emotion. It is less a robot-like unemotional thing in these cases and more of a Zen-like self-awareness and emotional control. In the case of the Ethereal, the daemon could not corrupt the Ethereal not because he lacked emotion, but because his emotions were perfectly balanced against one another, an exemplar of self-control, serenity, and inner-peace.

A daemon requires a mind out of balance, if only by a little bit, someone with an excess of something the daemon can use against them, like fear, greed, ambition, hope, anger, despair, etc. Someone who is calm and content, even in the face of the most horrific things Chaos can show them, is harder to influence.

>> No.26807561

>>26807485
>Even in the Necron codex it says that Orikans predictions are always fucked up by the warp, because he can't take it into account.

And in another source who have Orikan messing with the threads of fate (which originate from the Warp) twisting, cutting them, and recording messages on them through pure technological means!

>> No.26807672

>>26807561
>He let himself slip from the skein, but was wrenched about, his spirit spinning away from the threads of fate. As he grasped for purchase, he saw stars moving and exploding, and a metal skull with a single green orb glowing balefully in its centre. It was haloed by a ring of gold and its monstrous, unmoving maw whispered to him…

>''Even your prophecies are not safe, Eldorath One-Hand. What does that leave you?''

>With a jolt, Eldorath felt reality reassert itself. He knew that yngiract, by reputation at least. The Diviner. Was it the source of the problems he and his seers had walking the skein? Senses returned, gravity took its hold and he felt the steady buzz of the infinity circuit, the whispers of seers long gone.

Orikan is clearly the better seer.

>> No.26807739

>>26806880
They've been retconned - current fluff has them as not being able to be corrupted.

>> No.26807762

>>26807097
FFG fluff is still canon, so quit your bitching.

>> No.26807763

>>26807739
That's a lie.

Nurgle Orks and Khornate Ork exist in recent fluff.

>> No.26807767

>>26807539
>"The tau, by comparison, was an entirely disappointing subject. Around his skull the energies seemed to boil and flex, hunting impotently for some foothold of emotion or excess with which to work. Impervious to psychic persuasion, a living embodiment of focus and calm, the ethereal was proving to be a very difficult creature to corrupt."

>>26807561
Got a direct quote.

Because what I've heard, it sounds more like he manipulated real world events to create a string of events that resonated in the threads.

>> No.26807796

>>26807767
Yep

see

here

>>26807672

Orikan appearing to Starbane in the skein/thread to taunt him.

>> No.26807806

>>26807367
>Their lore might be canon in FFG world, but they're a 3rd party developer working under a license and it has no bearing on GW's own fluff.

Bzzzzt, incorrect. Everything officially licensed by GW is canon, as several ranking members of GW's hierarchy have stated in the past.

Please, cry some more about how some fluff contradicts other fluff, which has been happening since 2nd edition

>> No.26807836

>>26807349
>This is the quote the Shas'O says when confronting a Great Unclean One. Similar to this, many events where Tau meet Chaos or wander in Chaos tainted areas their devices and technology record ''unknown'' or ''anomalous'' energy or radiation.

Reminds me of this hilarious bit in Dark Crusade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPeNOEdVmbc&t=1m32s

"Alien, you come here to your doom."
"I've got a buzzing in my comms. Switching channels."

[...]

"Fire Warriors, move forward! I want these gue'la maniacs eliminated!"
"You come to your death, Tau."
"And shut down that comm chatter!"

>> No.26807855

>>26807763
Except that current fluff also has Orks as being incorruptible.

Oh GW, you and your wacky fluff inconsistencies!

>> No.26807894

>>26807855
>Except that current fluff also has Orks as being incorruptible.

Source it, baby!

Recent fluff doesn't say Orks are incorruptible. It says the opposite.

It's shocking how Orkbros are so uninformed.

>> No.26807905

>>26807762
No, it's not, quit lying.

You're just milking that old "everything is official" bit, even though it has been elaborated since then. George Mann stated that studio fluff is "canon" and doesn't have to give two shits about anything else. FW and BL authors merely make their own spins on this central fluff. ADB stated that as an author he's free to put in and take out what he wants.

3rd party developers are never mentioned and quite often they don't even square away much with GW. Even Relic has stated that only when they themselves had questions about things, did they get feedback from the studio, but otherwise they just made their own thing.

>> No.26807917

>>26807894
SHOCKING, I say.

Sources are the 6th CSM codex and Tome of Blood.

>> No.26807963

>>26807917

That rule implies that orks that turn to Chaos worship are cut off from the general orky WAAAAAGH psychic gestalt, and form a separate gestalt.

>> No.26807997

>>26807796
That's not much to go by. Where's the bit where he cuts and pastes the threads?

>> No.26808005

>>26807963
Yeah, they are joined in a far bloodier and more violent gestalt that's called THE BLOOD GOD!

>> No.26808027

>>26807905
It still all gets put past GW licensing to approve, so all of it is still approved by GW.

>> No.26808039

>>26807997
Just a second.

Let me look in the Carnac books!

>> No.26808116

>>26807894
So those ones were infected by Nurgle - doesn't say they worshipped him at all.

>>26807917
No mention of Khorne there.

>> No.26808125

>>26807894

>> No.26808152

>>26808116
>No mention of Khorne
>To follow a darker, even bloodier path
>From the Black Crusade supplement on Khorne followers

Give me a break...

>> No.26808184

>>26808152
But FFG fluff doesn't count, remember?

>> No.26808211

>>26808125
No one is saying orks aren't more resistant to chaos. And when they're in numbers of more than a handful, they're effectively immune.

However, like has been mentioned before, individual orks, separated from the waaagh! and brought together by Khorne, can still be manipulated.

>> No.26808226

>>26808184
I'm the one in favor of FFG.

>> No.26808228

>>26808116
>No mention of Khorne there.

>Blood for Da Blood God
>In bold font

lol yeah sure

>So those ones were infected by Nurgle - doesn't say they worshipped him at all.

They were infected by his Daemonic hunger and corruption of Nurgle and if you want Orks who worship Nurgle look at the Daemonhunter book.

>>26808125
It says they are highly resistant and not incorruptible.

Big difference. Nothing is beyond Chaos corruption!

>> No.26808240

>>26808027
Licensing is not the same as canon. You buy the rights to do something and use the material. If studio X does a Star Wars game, it doesn't automatically become part of the official Star Wars story.

Because, you know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVr1XA0RXeM

>> No.26808259

>>26808240
GW approve all licensed goods to ensure they stick with canon.

>> No.26808269

>>26805949
slaanesh_foreplay.jpg

>> No.26808273

>>26808226
No, I am.

>> No.26808286

>>26808259
Or they isolate them to a part of the galaxy they had no intention of touching themselves.

>> No.26808289

>A terrible stench wafted through the night air, and the Chaos Marine noticed for the last time how Bale's burnished green armour was coated in a thick, ichorous film of ruined flesh. It was the last residue of the countless men who had fallen beneath the Chaos Lord's war-scythe in his millennia of bloody rampage across worlds and galaxies.

>'For Khaine, the Bloody-Handed God!' he cried as he drew his long power sword and pushed its impossibly sharp blade through the abdomens of three humanoid cultists.

>The call was returned by the rest of the Storm squad, but it was no dissonant cacophony of battle-cries. The Guardian eldar summoned their call from the depths of their souls, chanting it out in tones both too high and too low for human ears to make out. In an exquisite and rumbling harmony, the name of their god of war flooded out across the battlefield, energising each of the eldar warriors who heard it, rallying them into a renewed quest: blood for the blood god.

GW APPROVED

>> No.26808349

>>26806538
>>26806566
Nurgle's fueled by disease, despair, and even the will to live.

Basically Nurgle is the only god who fully understands the grimdarkness of the setting and his followers embrace that their life is suffering and they'll live it anyway.

As the god of survival against all odds that's why disease is so big with him.

And on a plus side his diseases are a way of protecting his followers and make himself a match compared to the other gods.

Because without his diseases Nurgle really doesn't have much to fall back on,
Compared to the other chaos gods with strive to improve themselves, kill everything around them, or create long term plans... Nurgle is just there.

>> No.26808377

>>26808259
[citation needed]

>> No.26808427

>>26808349
Did you even read the pic here >>26806896?

>> No.26808437

The newest Chaos god will be the god of apathy.

It is the god of "Just good enough", "Meh", and "I'm just going through the motions".
His followers don't care if they live or die, they don't care about the war, they don't care about planning other than just enough to keep things working, they see no desire to improve or even enjoy things because they're just going to die anyway.

It's demons are all lazy slobs who when summoned do one or two things before sitting around in corners until removed.

In the black Crusades they only make a handful of half-hearted attacks against something before turning around and going home.

Every time another faction encounters a group they're almost always slaughtered because they never bother to defend themselves.

>> No.26808458

>>26808427
No I didn't

>> No.26808470

>>26808437
Their CSM would be lazy marines.

>> No.26808490

>>26806526

Does anyone has more of this dude?

>> No.26808506

>>26808289
Ah yes, the Mutilator of Ink and Paper strikes again!

>> No.26808522

>>26808506
Shield your kidneys, if you have them.

>> No.26808538

>>26808490
Yes quite a bit. His chaos artwork is pretty sweet. Just ignore his personal beliefs and you'll be fine.

http://torture-device.deviantart.com/

>> No.26808623

>>26808437
that's nurgle, bro.
Except nurgle's followers go out and spread the taint because nothing matters anyway and it's amusing to them

>> No.26808681

>>26808377
FFG have to submit everything that's written for the RPG to GW, who have to approve it all before they can release it.

>> No.26808689

>>26808681
Then how come they get things wrong?

>> No.26808692

>>26808623
No Nurgle at least cares about life and the way things are. These guys wouldn't give a single fuck either way.

Cycles of death and rebirth? Meh

Though you can argue that they couldn't create a chaos god because such people would have almost no emotion.

>> No.26808700

>>26808689
If they do, blame GW, though it wouldn't be the first time there are fluff inconsistencies.

>> No.26808715

>>26808681
Where is this said? Relic didn't have to. They themselves said that GW didn't give a shit until they approached them with fluff questions.

>> No.26808729

>>26808715
My working with FFG developers and talking to them on a frequent basis.

>> No.26808735

>>26808240
>If studio X does a Star Wars game, it doesn't automatically become part of the official Star Wars story.
Yes it does.

It's just C-Level (I think) Canon and superseded by A and B Level sources.

40k however doesn't have a tier system for its fluff. Thus everything is canon.

>> No.26808769

>>26808735
At least before George Lucas stated that nothing but the movies is canon. But I get what you're saying.

>> No.26808792

>>26808538

>http://torture-device.deviantart.com/

Interesting artwork. Thanks for the link bro!

>> No.26808794

>>26808692
You too, in there >>26806896 and start reading.

Nurgle is a jolly fuck. Greater Unclean Ones are jolly, as are Nurglings. You know who are not jolly? The mortal followers. And Plaguebearers. Why aren't Plaguebearers jolly? They're made from mortals.

Here, check this pic out as well. But first read that first one.

>> No.26808811

>>26808769
Did Lucas retcon the canonical scale of the universe?

Dammit Lucas, stop touching things.

>> No.26808815

>>26808228
>Nothing is beyond Chaos corruption!
Except for Tyranids and Necrons.

>> No.26808820

>>26808794
No I was saying WHY they couldn't be Nurgle did you not see that part?

>> No.26808843

>>26808811
Most people just ignored him and kept using the canon tier system.

>> No.26808867

>>26808729
Well, then, maybe you can ask them what the fuck they were up to with making Chaos gods some primordial evils fueled by abstract notions, why Marine bolters are both unusable by non-Marines (while people are perfectly capable of firing heavy bolters and autocannon from the hip) yet use the same .75 caliber bolts, and where do they get of saying C'tan eat souls when studio fluff says they eat electromagnetic energy.

>>26808735
Except that's just fan made system. Lucas has outright denied all that being canon. At the same time GW has addressed canon issued and quite recently it was stated that BL is being moved under the same roof as the studio and that BL novels are canon.

>> No.26808905

>>26808815
Tyranids were corrupted by Chaos before.

As for the Necrons, I follow Zythius (or is it Amphion) line of thinking :

00:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qTJ-WqU-Vnw#t=48

>> No.26808930

>>26808815
nids ships confirmed for being corrupted at least in Iron Storm

>> No.26808952

>>26808867
>Chaos Gods
Because in some previous bits of the fluff, that is how they've been described.

>Marine bolters are both unusable by non-Marines (while people are perfectly capable of firing heavy bolters and autocannon from the hip) yet use the same .75 caliber bolts
Same size bolts doesn't mean same power. They have better explosive cores and propellants compared to other bolters, which means the bolters are built with the extra forces in mind. The mechanisms are also built to take into account people larger than normal humans in power armour, making them unwieldy for non-Marines to use.

>saying C'tan eat souls when studio fluff says they eat electromagnetic energy
They eat life energy as well as electromagnetic energy. Life energy could be considered by some to be a soul. Otherwise, blame GW for not correcting it.

>> No.26808974

>>26808905

>> No.26809027

>>26808811
>Dammit Lucas, stop touching things.
No.

>> No.26809040

>>26808974
>Sacrificing Pariahs
>A sorcerer standing that close to Necron Pariahs
>Warp shackles working on Pariahs

Haha wat.

At least these guys have some blood in them. So at least one god will benefit at least

>> No.26809183

>>26808815

The lore makes special notice of Tyranids automatically killing any Tyranids that eat Chaos servant flesh, and refusing to recycle, eat the flesh of their fallen comrade Tyranids.

Makes you wonder why.

>> No.26809224

>>26809183
Sounds more like Kroot.

>> No.26809242

>>26809183
Correct.

Chaos tyranid are not something you find wild. You find them bound and enslaved to a larger chaos force.

>> No.26809266

>>26809040
At least it makes a little more sense now that newcrons are afoot.

>> No.26809279

>>26808952
>Because in some previous bits of the fluff, that is how they've been described.

What fucking pieces of fluff? When ever that's brought up, FFG is the only source anyone can come up with. Where does it say in any GW, BL or FW fluff that the gods have existed before the dawn of time (they began to form as sentients came around and became sentient after 8000BC, M30 for Slaanesh), they're fed on the emotions and souls of mortals and their destruction would not shake the foundations of the cosmos.

>Same size bolts doesn't mean same power.

FFG book specifically says that a non-Marine would injure themselves firing a Marine bolter. And their own fluff says astartes bolters are merely suited for larger hands and of finer detail. In other pieces of fluff humans are perfectly capable of picking up a Marine's weapon and operating it (not to forget heavy bolters and autocannons) and even "human" sized bolters are still pretty powerful and stated that they need a stocky individual to make any good use.

>They eat life energy as well as electromagnetic energy.

Source. Because life essence is what they eat and is elaborated as electromagnetism, and the C'tan are called energy vampires. Nowhere is soul mentioned, and seeing how many factions do fuck around with souls, failing to even mention it across 3 editions is one major oversight.

Souls and electromagnetism are nowhere near the same thing. You have any idea what sort of a can of worms you'd open if you let that one slide?

>blame GW for not correcting it

I glame FFG for not getting it right in the first place.

>> No.26809318

Khorne liek orks.

>> No.26809322

wiatiwiatwaitwati back the fuck up.

I may have been away from this game for a while but NO chaos dark eldar? wtf? there all about "she who thirsts"

>> No.26809334

>>26809040
Pariah isn't an automatic 'warp off' button. They got grades just like psykers. There's plenty of cases where pariahs have been fucked by warp powers. They've received psychic messages, been fooled by warp illusions, been injured by psychic backlash and even the strongest pariah in existence, Spear, said to be strong enough to take on the Emperor, was possessed by daemons.

>> No.26809336

>>26809266
Actually, less. Oldcrons had souls inside their metallic bodies. Small bitter foul tasting souls, but souls nonetheless. They can be sacrificed.

Newcrons are utterly soulless and their soullessness disturbs daemon and pysker alike.

>> No.26809360

>>26809322
No. They actually hate Slaanesh. Everything they do is to stave off having their souls swallowed by her. That and because it's fun. But you won't see any dark eldar actively worshipping Slaanesh.

>> No.26809391

>>26809360
There are half Daemon Dark Eldar.

Just saying.

>> No.26809466

>>26809391
[citation needed]

>> No.26809481

>>26809466
Mandrakes.

>> No.26809517

In essence, the DE are the remnants of the original Eldar who *didn't* change their ways, simply were either A. Stationed in the webway to sell drugs/whores/etc already or B. Fled there due to noticing impending doom
They may be safe from Daemons manifesting and raping their brains out
but their souls are constantly being sucked out of their bodies like S&M Flavored Pina Colada's by She Who Thirsts, ie Slaanesh. To top themselves off they raid, pillage, rape, etc, and cause pain- so while they have the facade of looking like they are all about Slaanesh, they're actually doing it to spite him/her and to keep themselves alive, all the while continuing their "we have learned nothing despite the birth of a god and loss of our race" drug abuse, sex and depravity.

Meanwhile, Slaaneshi daemons bone the souls of Eldar.

>> No.26809550

>>26809481
ahh, that's true.
Allthough, it's worth pointing out that they're more 'wibbly wobbly warpy borpy' deldar tainted by the fall than full-on half breeds.

>> No.26809585

It makes sense that almost every faction has their own Inquisition mechanic against Chaos corruption.

Imperium has the Inquisition.
Tyranids and Kroot refuse to eat Chaos and kill their infected brothers.
Eldar try to hunt down Chaos Eldar at all costs, given that Chaos Eldar tend to be big trouble up there with the greatest Demon Princes and perhaps Demon Primarchs.
Orks hunt down anything unorky.

The only ones with no defense to Chaos are the Tau really. And they're not relevant.

>> No.26809612

>>26809550
There are rumors that say that and there are rumors that say they were created by ''unions'' between Daemon and Dark Eldar.

I prefer the union one. The image of Dark Eldar crossbreeding with Daemons is too intriguing!

>> No.26809620

>>26809517
Hey we already created the species eating pleasure god, why stop now? Not like we can create another one. Not like stopping is going to keep it from slowly leeching our souls away.

>> No.26809631

>>26809585
>The only ones with no defense to Chaos are the Tau really. And they're not relevant.

Farsight.

>> No.26809646

>>26809612
It's also quite Dark Eldary. Anything is a weapon to them.

Orks, Space Marines, Tyranids, Demons. The moment you embark in Commoragh, you're a puppet. You're no longer guiding your own destiny. You're a Dark Eldar pawn. End of the line.

>> No.26809667

>>26809631
The only thing Farsight does is fight Orks.

And Farsight has his own Apocalypse Now colony. He's not a part of the Tau Empire.

Remember, the Tau Empire wants Farsight dead. Farsight is the Tau's Horus.

>> No.26809717

>>26809585
>Tyranids
>refuse to eat Chaos and kill their infected brothers.

Source?

>SYBARI
>Chaos Renegade Stronghold
>After a disastrous war against Ultramar, the Chaos Renegade faction known as the Death Shadows withdraw in secret to the old fortress world of Sybari. Ironically, the Death Shadows were preparing a strike against Macragge when Hive Fleet Behemoth arrives over Sybari.

>FORGEFANE
>This supposedly impenetrable Iron Warriors fortress world falls to the Tyranids in less than a week.

Both from the current Tyranid codex (the fall of Forgefane was described in more detail in White Dwarf).

>> No.26809721

>>26809667
Farsight has tools to fight Chaos and intents to protect the Tau. By the end of the supplement, he embraces his destiny as a protector and hero of all Tau and not just the Enclave.

>Farsight is the Tau's Horus

More like the Emperor, if you ask me.

>> No.26809748

>>26806418
I you mean Gork, ya git...

>> No.26809757

>>26805949

>> No.26809766

>>26809721

He's their dark knight.

>> No.26809778

>>26809721
>Farsight has tools to fight Chaos
Oh yeah?

>> No.26809788

>>26805949
how the fuck did he get that yellow marine head to sit like that on the shoulder pad?

>> No.26809792

>>26809757
The horns are killing me.

>> No.26809827

>>26809792
They're so kawaii desu ne~

>> No.26809851

>>26809612
>>26809646
Not entirely true. They're fucking paranoid about chaos and the warp. The only two rules of comaragh are-
>don't piss off Vect
>No chaos or psykers
and the first is more of a guidline anyway.

Seriously, every time a dark eldar has looked like they were getting some chaosy shit, or even anything vaguelly psychic or warp-related into cormaragh, they've had their shit slapped down so hard. So, no, they absolutely wouldn't breed with demons, that would be political suicide even if it didn't end up with cormaragh being invaded by demons.

>> No.26809873

>>26809827
looks more like an ork thing than a chaos thing

>> No.26809895

>>26809851
That won't stop the powers that be (Vect) from stealing that power and binding it.

>> No.26809916

>>26809851
Mandrakes don't actually live in Commragh and don't seem to abide with its rules when they appear there.

Also they receive payments in slaves both Dark Eldar and alien. They take them back to their Shadow Realm where Vect doesn't rule.

>> No.26809929

>>26809895
>muh headcannons

>> No.26809973

>>26809916
Oh forgot to mention that Vect its all seeing and the Dark City is big.

I can recall to incidents where Vect didn't see a Chaos threat coming or detect it in time before resorting to extreme counter measures and fail-safe

>> No.26809980

>>26809973
two*

>> No.26810076

>>26808538
>Just ignore his personal beliefs and you'll be fine.

Damnit, I feel for the schmuck bait there. Guy is like some kind of neo-nazi...

>> No.26810119

>>26809766
He's the hero they deserve, but not the one they need right now.

>> No.26810123

>>26810076
If I recall correctly, it's an anarchist-neo-nazi girl. Who may or may not be a massive animu weeaboo boy love freak. And certainly a huge-ass scenester.

>> No.26810155

>>26809788
Marty Stu power.

>> No.26810172

>>26810123
How the shit can you be a fascist anarchist.

>> No.26810188

>>26806222
WAT DO YA MEAN GORK AND MORK AIN'T REAL!?!

I'LL STOMP YA FOR DAT YA GIT

>> No.26810189

>>26805949
That ultramarine's power pack is so fucked. It makes me unhappy when artists do not use references.

>> No.26810207

>>26810172
In Capitalist Russia, you can be anyone.

>> No.26810209

>>26810172
You can't - he's just being a fucking attention seeker.

>> No.26810269

>>26810172
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National-Anarchism

>> No.26810282

>>26810076
Nah, the Man Rand is strong with this one. Typical basement dwelling ubermench impersonator.

>> No.26810307

>>26809929
'ED KANNON?

A SHOOTA IN YOR 'EAD SO YOU CAN DAKKA WHILE LEAVIN YOR HANDS FREE FOR CHOPPIN

ZOG ME DATS ORKY

>> No.26810325

>>26810269
Ahhh, so right wing white racist militia? Fair enough.

>> No.26810352

>>26806418
No, if an Ork thinks it exists, it exists. That's how Orks work.

>> No.26810379

>>26809788
What are you talking about? It's impaled on a pair of spikes.

>> No.26810396

>>26810352
No.

No. No. No. No. No. NO.

Orks can't just turn their beliefs into reality.

Eldar can turn their beliefs in reality.

Orks were designed as superior Warp soldiers, and merely warp reality, to avoid the predations of Chaos.

>> No.26810557

>>26810396
Explain how the fuck ork tech works then.
Ork guns work because the orks think they will.

>> No.26810565

>>26810557
It's because of latent psykik stuff, or something like that.

>> No.26810598

>>26810557
Actually, an Ork gun in human hands just becomes harder to use, and needs to be cleaned a lot more.

Ork psyker abilities just let their gear work better.

It's like Coalition soldiers in Afghanistan with psychic abilities that blocks out the sand.

>> No.26810614 [DELETED] 

>>26810172
anarchists seem to be of all kinds of flavors. Not really all that surprising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National-Anarchism

>> No.26810620

>>26810598
Explain how the hell orks get their 'planes' off the ground when they're not aerodynamic whatsoever, are made of assorted scrap metal, probably leak fuel everywhere, and most likely have three times the recoil that they have engine thrust?

>> No.26810621

>>26810598

This is wrong.

Some Ork guns work as do some Ork vehicles in the hands of Humans, most however do not.

>> No.26810623

>>26805949
In the old fluff, there were
>Khorne-worshipping Orks
>Entire planets in the Eye of Terror called "Chrone Worlds" populated entirely by Chaos-corrupted Eldar, most of whom worship Slaanesh. But this got retconned in 5th edition.

Malal is complicated. He's a Chaos god who's purpose is to fight the other chaos gods. But he also represents Chaos Undivided. Canon seems to have forgotten about Malal as well, so most people just ignore him.

There's always room for more grimdarkenss in the 40k universe, but GW will never advance the plot, so a new god is highly unlikely.

>> No.26810632

>>26810614
2edgy

>> No.26810642

>>26810614
Edward the Edgehog

>> No.26810645

>>26810557
By working like any other thing. There's plenty of people using ork tech. Diggas, Ork Hunters, Yarrick's claw, etc.

There is no case where an ork can take a can, put a stick on it and pour some bolts into it and make it work like a shoota. The guns are proper gun, their latent psychic abilities merely account for poor maintenance and their crude design.

Mek boys are technically very adapt and can build things without even really thinking about it and they're constantly tinkering with stuff and seeing how stuff works, advancing their knowledge and their abilities to make bigger and more complex things.

We don't even know if red ones go fasta because orks believe they go, or because orks tend to make red vehicles extra souped up and therefore they actually do go faster.

>> No.26810654

>>26810632
>>26810642
here's the picture again if it amused you, I deleted the post because I didn't notice that someone already linked what I did.

>> No.26810666

>>26810645
But you see, all those people tend to be around Orks quite a bit, and thus, the orks think it will work even if they don't have it, and because of this it does.

>> No.26810670

>>26810620
>Explain how the hell orks get their 'planes' off the ground when they're not aerodynamic whatsoever

>> No.26810691

>>26810670
Point taken. How the fuck does that thing fly?

>> No.26810696

>>26810620
>they're not aerodynamic whatsoever

>> No.26810708

>>26810691
it's gothic science, ain't gotta explain shit.

>> No.26810712

>>26810620
Because Orks have great technological knowledge inside their genetic memory.

Remember, not even the Necrons can beat the Orks at teleportation technology.

>>26810621
No, you're wrong. ALL Ork technology works fine without Orks around. It just works perfectly when an Ork is using it.

>>26810666
Yarrick is on a fucking crusade and most of the time he's in the Void, not fighting Orks, travelling to the next Waagh.

During that time, his Powerclaw doesn't stop working. Idiot.

>> No.26810717

>>26810691
Like a FLYING RED - I mean, blue - FIST OF DEATH THAT'S GOING TO PUNCH YOUR ARMY UNTIL IT BEGS FOR MERCY.

>> No.26810726

>>26810691
When you reach a certain point in propulsion technology, you can ignore aerodynamics for better armour.

>> No.26810738

>2013
>still thinking Orks don't get corrupted by Chaos

Back in late 3rd or early 4th (I forget exactly which), GW gave rules to GK that meant their opponent was allowed to field Chaos corrupted units, depending on what their army was. Orks were one that could.

GW had an article on their website about fluff and conversion ideas for GK opponents. One page was specifically about chaos-mutated Orks, it even had artwork as well as models. The scenario they presented had Orks mistaking a slumbering Great Unclean One for a statue of Gork (or Mork).

>> No.26810769

>>26810666
And when Yarrick's not fighting orks, his claw just turns into a useless lumb of metal? Why would anyone pick up so situational weapons that stop working the moment the enemy moves away? Do they even work if the orks don't see them?

That's make a great Ork detector, just take an ork electric circuit and put it between a power source and a light/siren. When orks get near, the circuit starts to work and alerts everyone that there's orks near.

>> No.26810778

>>26810738
think I found some of that artwork.

>> No.26810802

>>26810778
Yeah that's the one. Nice and Nurgly.

>> No.26810815

>>26810769
Yarrick might have had tech priests tinker with it.

More likely the GW writers just done goofed.

>> No.26810829

>>26810396
Gork and Mork exist, it's cannon.

Not sure why you would think they don't exist when every other god mentioned in 40k exists.

>> No.26810833

Anzion was right!

>> No.26810850

>>26810691
Anti-grav, thrusters and engines powerful enough to take you into orbit.

This actually came up with Relic making Soul Storm. Apparently all Imperial flyers are capable of VTOL, down to Marauder bombers and shit. Don't know about the earlier ones, but for example the Avenger fighter has thrusters on the bottom of it and the DA fighter does seem to take off and land vertically, yet neither have Hover special rule (they can take off and land, but not fight effectively in this mode). So all of them have anti-grav tech to help them remain in the air.

>> No.26810859

>>26810829
I didn't say Gork or Mork didn't exist YOU FUCKING RETARDED ARSE FUCKED SHIT RAPED CANCER SHIT DICK CARPET MUNCHING IDIOT WANKER!

I said Ork psyker abilities don't change reality. They warp reality.

>> No.26810867

>>26810815
Or your belief in how ork tech worked is wrong.

>> No.26810872

>>26810815
Or maybe the Ad Mech are idiots, and Gentoo is xeno sorcery because they can't get it to work.

>> No.26810896

>>26810815
Yeah, because one techpriest saying "must be majick" is all the proof you need that ork tech is held together by their psychic powers, and all the cases of ork weapons being used by non-orks and all the notions of orks making actually functioning stuff and being stated as being very technically talented, even if crude, is just writers goofing edition after edition.

>> No.26810905

>>26810867
>>26810872
Nope.

Anzion's theory is sound and correct. Why else would they inculde his works in two codexes and the Xenology?

>> No.26810924

>>26810859
Wow you're an angry guy

>> No.26810954

>>26810924
You're a retard who needs to learn to read before he replies.

>> No.26811008

>>26810738

>> No.26811028

>>26810954
I just followed the replies to the appropriate ones.

>> No.26811065

>>26811008
The text states that Khorne feeds on Orks and Orks who get obsessed violence too much they fall to Khorne. This fluff seems old sooo....

How could Ork bros claim that Orks are not corruptible?

>> No.26811075

It's funny that the same source people are referring to when claiming 'Ork technology = magic' puts huge emphasis on how Orks have all this subconscious knowledge encoded into them, which they can then build on through learning like everyone else does.

Though - and I'm wary of bringing this up for obvious reasons, but for the sake of a fair argument - it does note that

>Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork.

However, it's not said *just how far away from working* such items are. Even if Orks can make non-functional equipment functional, that could just be unknowingly willing haphazardly assembled components into the right places, not creating them out of thin air. Certainly I've never seen the oft-cited example of an Ork gun being dismantled and found to be completely empty (It's in the Ork codex! Oh wait, no it isn't. It's in Xenology! No, not there either.)

>> No.26811087

>>26811065

Because Orks are resistant to chaos and all traits get exaggerated by the internet community.

>> No.26811108

>>26811065
Orks ARE corruptible.

It's just that Orks have a genetic Inquisition built-in. Remember, Orks are the replacements of Eldar, which created Chaos.

Therefore Orks can sniff out Chaos and corruption and most Chaos Orks live a short and violent life - because they always end up coming across a bigger Waaagh of uncorrupted Orks that don't recognize those Chaos Orks as actual Orks.

>> No.26811123

>>26811075
Well, Orks have genetic memory. That's that subconscious knowledge.

>> No.26811130

>2013
>People still don't get how the Waaagh! works
Come on people.

Ork mekboys are born with the smarts to know how to build working machinery, engines, guns, tanks, they know how to get those things up and running, even if they are messy and ramshackled, the gear they build have a semblance of competence behind them. What the Waaagh! does is greases the gears to make things run smoother, act like tape to keep things from collapsing under it's own weight, and in general amplify things, like make a trukk go for ten miles on a few drops of gas because the Orks riding it think it was recently filled up. The more Orks, the stronger the field becomes and interacts, allowing them to work at things at larger scales, like Gargants.

>> No.26811148

>>26811065
People can barely understand how the Waaagh! works, they treat it as "belief becomes reality" so they also treat "Orks are hard to corrupt" as "Orks can't be corrupted"

>> No.26811173

>>26810905
>Anzion's theory is sound and correct.

On what grounds? For it to be sound and correct, it'd also need to be proven, and all the uses of ork technology by non-orks seems to counter his "findings".

>Why else would they inculde his works in two codexes and the Xenology?

Well, it's a good indicator of how Imperium has little to no understanding of stuff (fuck, barely even know how THEIR tech works let alone alien tech) and secondly, Xenology only quoted Anzion in biology, not in technology. And even there it was noted that Anzion's the type of person who likes to name everything after himself, so it's possible his massive ego doesn't let him second-guess his findings.

Xenology also notes that meboys are technologically talented and even envies them and ponders how the Admech would be if techpriests could just make shit out of the incubation vats without training and shit.

Also, how many codexes do we have of humans using ork stuff?

>> No.26811177

>>26811075
Medusa Tau reports.

An Orkish beacon which was working without a ...POWER SOURCE*Gasp* Dum dum DUM!

Also the Ork craft that crashed into the Tau base. It got shot up and crashed to the ground. Tau scientist analyzed the wreckage and made this conclusion '' It won't fly and it shouldn't have flown in the first place''.

A few days later the Ork pilot escapes from Tau custody and somehow gets the wreckage to fly much to surprise of all the Tau.

>> No.26811241

>>26811108

It's not foolproof though. Stormboyz fairly frequently worship khorne.

Though i suspect that, say, slaneeshi orks would find rather less acceptance.

>> No.26811292

>>26811177
Tau also don't believe in Titans and hive cities. They also refuse to believe that the Imperial Guard can send out armies of trillions of soldiers.

The Tau are retarded about a lot.

>> No.26811321

>>26811177
Power source they couldn't find. Tau don't even know how a warp core works, so how can they comprehend the ork tech millions of years older than them?

>"It won't fly and it shouldn't have flown in the first place."

Well, shows what they know. Also, if you saw a plane with only one wing, you wouldn't assume it'd fly, but there have been cases of planes with only one wing left still flying. For example an Israeli F15 lost its wing (like ripped off right down to the hull), yet managed to fly back to base and land safely.

>> No.26811367

>>26811292
Tau do believe in Hive Cities and Titans. Kais accessed information about Titans in his internet connection. They created weapons specifically to kill titans.

Also they have information about Hive worlds and wonder why humans are would want to live in such hellholes. Recently they captured a Hive world.

>They also refuse to believe that the Imperial Guard can send out armies of trillions of soldiers.

Outright falseness! The Tau realize the how massive the Imperium and how it has unfathomable numbers which forces them to tread lightly around it. Again, Kais accessed this information in his internet!

>The Tau are retarded about a lot.

Far less retarded and infinity more scientific than the Admech, surely.

>> No.26811383

>>26811177
The thing is, Ork belief does help things along, but it doesn't make things absolute, If the Ork's think a machine is powered, what little power is still coursing through the machine keeps the whole thing running until they realize it's unplugged, or it finally does run out.

A wrecked Ork plane will still fly if no one tells the Ork it's wrecked, his belief will keep what little is working on the ship still working, the wing's won't break, the gas thats's not leaking out will still fuel it, and until it can't keep together anymore, it will fly.

>> No.26811389

>>26811292
Despite having developed the Tiger Shark, which was designed specifically to take on titans.

>> No.26811410

>>26811367
>Tau do believe in Hive Cities and Titans. Kais accessed information about Titans in his internet connection. They created weapons specifically to kill titans.
>Also they have information about Hive worlds and wonder why humans are would want to live in such hellholes. Recently they captured a Hive world.

Are you really that retarded? Are you really that fucking stupid? Are you really such a fucking cancer cockbag?

The Tau only believed in Hive Cities and Titans after experiencing it first-hand.

THAT is a perfect example of the scientific incompetence and imagination of the Tau.

>> No.26811425

>>26811367
>Far less retarded and infinity more scientific than the Admech, surely.

Is that why they have guns that require you to switch out their naked, highly radioactive power source by hand and irradiate their user in a matter of months? Or blow up stars and other celestial bodies left and right with their experiments?

Yeah, Tau be #1 smart.

Also, can Earth caste engineers stick a tentacle into a machine and just reprogram it with their minds? Because that's like one of the things a techpriest can do.

>> No.26811435

>>26811389
Only after they experienced Titans and had no military answer to them.

And those were just Warhounds, cheap scout titans.

>> No.26811447

>>26811321
Tau analyzed Eldar ninja star guns and figured how they work. D-Cannons puzzled them.

They went across all Imperial tech they found and figured it out how they work, except for the Warp engine. Both races more advanced and complex than the Orks.

So anything Warp related halts their findings. Could this mean....Ork tech is warp related. Waaagh effect related?

>> No.26811467

>>26811447
Of course Ork tech is warp related. Everything they do is infused with the Waaagh and their genetic memory.

But that doesn't make empty guns fire or dry planes fly.

>> No.26811485

>>26811447
Lots of tech use warp. Teleporters, some shields, wraithbone, etc. Imperium did experiment on warp based energy source, but that planet doesn't exist anymore. Not officially.

>> No.26811501

>>26811447
Everything eldar is made out of congealed warpshit, so Tau shouldn't be able to understand any of it by your reckoning.

>> No.26811508

>>26811425
>Is that why they have guns that require you to switch out their naked, highly radioactive power source by hand and irradiate their user in a matter of months? Or blow up stars and other celestial bodies left and right with their experiments?

Nobody said the scienfic method doesn't have its bumps.

>Also, can Earth caste engineers stick a tentacle into a machine and just reprogram it with their minds? Because that's like one of the things a techpriest can do.

No...but they apparently can hook the Tau into a brain internet database an create machines where that stun the Tech Priests who could not figure out where the user begins and where the machine starts.

Also the fluff itself describes them as peerless scientists who unlike the admech understand their advanced technology. So not my words!

>>26811410
Waaat?

>> No.26811510

>>26811241

Stormboyz are already weird and crazy.

>> No.26811516

>>26811501
Not the ammo.

>> No.26811528

>>26811508
>Also the fluff itself describes them as peerless scientists who unlike the admech understand their advanced technology.

Too bad they suck balls at understanding other technology.

The greatness of the Adeptus Mechanicus is that they're capable of working with uncertainty and they can work with technology both human and xenos that goes beyond their understanding.

>> No.26811542

>>26811516
All the ammo does is slam into things really fast. Understanding it does nothing to tell you how the gun works.

>> No.26811560

>>26811528
>Too bad they suck balls at understanding other technology.

But...errm.

Tau scientist reverse engineered Ork stuff (Which admittedly backs the Ork stuff not magic theory), shutdown Necron devices, and jam the comms of all the races they meet.

>> No.26811571

>>26811435
>And those were just Warhounds, cheap scout titans.
There is no such thing as a cheap titan. There is no thing as an expendable titan. Just comparably less expensive and more common titans.

>> No.26811583

>>26811571
>There is no such thing as a cheap titan. There is no thing as an expendable titan. Just comparably less expensive and more common titans.

Play Epic 40,000, play Final Liberation and then you can talk.

Warhounds are the Imperial Guard of Titans. Nothing more.

>> No.26811585

>>26811571
>>26811435
Also who don't know the composition of the Titan legion employed on the Tau.

Assumptions. Assumptions!

>> No.26811586

>>26811508
>No...but they apparently can hook the Tau into a brain internet database an create machines where that stun the Tech Priests who could not figure out where the user begins and where the machine starts.

And Admech have built the google to the sum of all knowledge (Akashic Reader). And FTL that harness the gravity of the entire galaxy (Speranza).

>Also the fluff itself describes them as peerless scientists who unlike the admech understand their advanced technology. So not my words!

And Admech can maintain even more advanced technology without even understanding it. Not my words!

>> No.26811593

>>26811560
The fact that they failed to anticipate the possibility of constructing Titans or Hive cities proves that the Tau are UTTERLY FAILING in understanding megaconstruction.

>> No.26811606

>>26811008

Nowhere does that piece state that Orks are incorruptible. In fact it implies the opposite by saying they are "much less likely" to turn to Chaos, which is granting that it's a possibility that they would.

Combine that with the GK stuff and the Stormboyz and we have solid proof that Orks can turn to Chaos, but that it's rare.

>> No.26811610

>>26811586
>FTL that harness the gravity of the entire galaxy (Speranza).

That's DAoT tech. You are cheating!

>And Admech have built the google to the sum of all knowledge (Akashic Reader)

But did they implant it inside the minds of all their troops?

>And Admech can maintain even more advanced technology without even understanding it. Not my words!

Exactly. They don't understand which often leads to unfortunate results or them breaking apart like the Golden Throne!

>> No.26811612

>>26807349
Going by the Warpstone precedens, the energies of the Warp are just as liable to be corrupted by the material universe as Materium is to be corrupted by it.

The implications.. are far too strange for my tastes.

>> No.26811625

>>26811610
>They don't understand which often leads to unfortunate results or them breaking apart like the

...time the Tau lost an entire planet to Dark Eldar? Or Necrons?

Face it.

The Tau are the new idiots on the block.

>> No.26811638

>>26811593
They failed at predicting the dismal inefficiency and stupidity of the galaxy. But they figured how to deal with them, nonetheless.

Hurrah for them!

>> No.26811654

>>26811560
High Marshal Helbrecht took control of Imotekh's Tomb Ship and flew it into a star, GK build and use alien psilencers and Necron tesseract labyringhs to contain daemons, Imperium has looted the Blackstone Fortresses as space stations, etc.

>> No.26811666

>>26811625
Come on.

We all know the Admech a couple of planets to tinkering with Necron stuff.

>The Tau are the new idiots on the block.

Less idiotic than the Imperium but more naive, that's for sure.

>> No.26811685

>>26811654
Just refuting that the Tau don't work with alien technology. Ha! the Tau incorporate new alien technology all the time.

No idea what the first poster brought his claim from.

>> No.26811693

>>26811638
>But they figured how to deal with them, nonetheless.

Um, no.

The Tau still don't know how to fight the Dark Eldar or Necrons, because the Dark Eldar captured all survivors, and the Necrons just killed everything on the planet.

>> No.26811711

>>26811610
>That's DAoT tech. You are cheating!

Still made by Admech.

>But did they implant it inside the minds of all their troops?

Have Tau managed to make to make a successful mind-machine interface that doesn't fuck up their users?

>Exactly. They don't understand which often leads to unfortunate results or them breaking apart like the Golden Throne!

And how much has Tau understanding helped them when blowing up all those celestial bodies or failing to even make proper space ship engines?

Also, once the Throne fails, lets see how much your science will help you with the daemonic incursions that will turn the galaxy upside down.

>> No.26811736

>>26811693
The Tau should have plenty of data on Haemonculus armies, going by the DE Codex.

>> No.26811744

>>26811606
I know, I've read it, I posted it to back the other guy up and show that Orks can be corrupted, it's just hard to do it.

>> No.26811782

>>26811666
Difference is that Admech knows the dangers involved while Tau are like pic related.

Also, blowing up a few tomb worlds hurts your enemies while blowing up whole star systems around your empire just makes space travel harder.

But I still like the new Tau. I like how it's not that they're not smart, they're just way out of their league and just try and play with all the toys, resulting in just bad shit happening.

>> No.26811832

>>26811711
>Still made by Admech.

Made in DAoT humanity which are on a different level than today's admech.

>Have Tau managed to make to make a successful mind-machine interface that doesn't fuck up their users?

Tau suits are ever-evolving so they fix the problem in time like they fixed the Railgun.

Also if the suits are very hazardous, Farsight and the other veterans would be raving lunatic by now .

>And how much has Tau understanding helped them when blowing up all those celestial bodies or failing to even make proper space ship engines?

Baby steps. They walking on path of progress and understanding and not regressing tragically like some people. A little bumps there and there won't phase them.

>>26811736
Yep, Tau recorded everything that happened there and its information should be analyzed for further encounters.

>> No.26811888

>>26811782
>Difference is that Admech knows the dangers involved while Tau are like pic related.

COME ON!

That picture is so related to any Tech Priest expedition ever. Awakening ancient AI, Necrons, Chaos horror, you name it. Both equal on that front.

>Also, blowing up a few tomb worlds hurts your enemies while blowing up whole star systems around your empire just makes space travel harder.

Its make like awakening and dragging everyone to death. Now where did I leave the picture of the Priests and the nightbringer?

>> No.26811915

>>26811888
Found it!

>> No.26812272

>>26811832
>Made in DAoT

Admech existed back then and is responsible for both inventions.

>Farsight and the other veterans would be raving lunatic by now.

You telling me the dude who storms the enemy with a sword is the reasonable one? And the interface didn't drive them mad, it was more like suffering from ghost pains, loss of motor functions in limbs when they got destroyed from your suit and even addiction.

It's possible more important people are given more advanced systems, but who knows. Farsight might be in pain and having the shakes when ever he's outside his suit. Maybe that's why you rarely do see him outside his suit?

>>26811888
>That picture is so related to any Tech Priest expedition ever.

WRONG!

There's way too much button pressing and way too little praises to the omnisiah while reciting the litanies of "Please, Machine God, don't let this shit blow up in my face."

>Its make like awakening and dragging everyone to death.

In the case of the Tau, they'd invite them to their planet for some tea and a victory parade, THEN get massacred.

>> No.26812519

>>26812272
>Admech existed back then and is responsible for both inventions.

You mean the saner and scientific incarnation is responsible.

>You telling me the dude who storms the enemy with a sword is the reasonable one?

Dude is a unmatched warrior genius and seems like reasonable nice guy to the guys he meets.

> And the interface didn't drive them mad, it was more like suffering from ghost pains, loss of motor functions in limbs when they got destroyed from your suit and even addiction

Remember the text saying they were mind addled and drooling.

>It's possible more important people are given more advanced systems, but who knows. Farsight might be in pain and having the shakes when ever he's outside his suit. Maybe that's why you rarely do see him outside his suit?

He spent years as a hermit and trained in physical arts. Ayun'shi was his inspiration.

Clearly, the man is in top physical condition, though there is a possibility its the sword's doing.

>In the case of the Tau, they'd invite them to their planet for some tea and a victory parade, THEN get massacred.

Unlike the Admech, the Tau would keep records of the incident analyze it. Then they will avoid the mistakes which lead to it.

The Admech, and imperium as a whole, have been described as unable to keep records accurate or keeping them in one place. Which means the the Admech are more likely to repeat their mistakes and going in uninformed.

Heck, the Necron FW book has an Inquisitor (High ranking, I believe) mistaking Necrons for daemons. The dude was invited to dinner with the Necrons and met them face to face. If this isn't telling of the wide spread and willful ignorance of the Imperium...

>> No.26814782

>>26808538
Why is everyone on DA fucking nutters?

>> No.26814849

>>26814782
When someone on 4chan admits to having retarded political ideas people call that person out on it.

On DeviantArt, people just stay politically correct.

Shit is weird yo.

>> No.26814912

>>26811888
>>26811915
You do realise your point sort of becomes half-moot when you realise the Imperium has a steady stream of C'Tan phase swords being made (and they're perfect copies from actual C'Tan weapons) in Imperial factories?

>> No.26814960

>>26814912
Steady stream of C'tan Phase sword?

Waat?

You pulling my leg, anon.

>> No.26814977

>>26814912
Source?

>> No.26814986

>>26814912
Bullshit.

>> No.26815001

>>26814960
Do you even know how many C'tan phase swords the Imperium uses?

EVERY Callidus Assassin has one.

>> No.26815050

>>26815001
And how many Callidus Assassins are there?

>> No.26815057

>>26814960
That's the great thing about not understanding the technology you use.

You only got to make it work. You don't need to understand it.

>> No.26815068

>>26815001
Doesn't mean that the Imperium can create copies of them, know how they work, or they aren't clueless about the C'tan and Necrons.

>EVERY Callidus Assassin has one.

These assassins are the rare elite given the rare fancy stuff, naturally. They don't hand those to anyone.

>> No.26815091

>>26814986

>> No.26815096

>>26815057
But if you don't understand it, then you can't tune perfectly for your usage or mass produce it.

Knowledge is power, anon!

>> No.26815108

>>26815050
Enough to ensure that entire chapters of Space Marines and vast armies of Imperial Guard had to be deployed to attack a rogue High Lord of Assassins when he betrayed the Imperium.

>> No.26815122

>>26815001
Not every Callidus has one, only the ones used on tabletop.

>> No.26815127

>>26815068
>These assassins are the rare elite given the rare fancy stuff, naturally. They don't hand those to anyone.

Doesn't matter. The Imperium is so huge, even the rarest item becomes mundane.

>> No.26815138

>>26815091
lol, I used to do that. There was this guy who used to hang out at the Chucky Cheese back before they wouldn't allow adults there without a kid. He would give you like $5 worth of tokens if you let him touch your dick and $10 if you sucked him.

>> No.26815139

>>26815108
Those assassins were joined by other killer assassins. Pretty sure the skull faced crazy ones and snipers caused the most trouble.

>> No.26815154

>>26815122
Every Callidus has a c'tan phase sword. It's standard-issue for them.

They don't always use it though, after all, they're assassins.

But if they get in a fight, they will use it.

>> No.26815168

>>26815127
So huge that it doesn't matter, you mean.

>> No.26815170

>>26815139
You don't think that a shapeshifter with a sword that can cut ANYTHING is a problem?

Are you fucking retarded?

>> No.26815193

>>26815139
>Not Culexus or Venam.

>> No.26815202

>>26815154
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Callidus_Temple#.UhmJbhusio9

Incorrect. They can be assigned a phase sword, but it's by no means standard gear.

>> No.26815204

>>26815170
Not as troublesome as the killer skull dudes. Those guys are nasty.

>> No.26815234

>>26815202
So it's not standard use as that guy claimed.

Thanks, anon, for clearing it up!

>> No.26815240

>>26805949
Gork and Mork regularly laugh off the attacks of the other gods. This points to them living in the warp. Also points towards the other gods being weaker.

>> No.26815291

>>26815240
So where does the rulebook saying the Chaos Gods being the most powerful being in the Warp and undisputed rulers of it leaves us?

>> No.26815312

>>26815291
Why would Gork and Mork want to rule anything? All they want is a good fight.

>> No.26815327

>>26815240
Does suggest gork and mork might live outside the warp and only enter it when looking for a good fight.

>> No.26815347

>>26815312
What about the most powerful beings in the Warp part. Doesn't mesh well with G&M being stronger than other gods.

In a booasting contest between Orks and Chaos...Who should I believe?!

>> No.26815372

>>26815347
Well, it does say they are stronger, so maybe they aren't in the warp all the time?

>> No.26815383

>>26815327
What it ''suggest'' is that Gork and Mok are reflections of the Ork mindset/psyche in the Warp. I don't see how you could figure they live outside it.

>> No.26815442

>>26815138
What the fuck dude....like...wot....

>> No.26815486

>>26815202
It IS standard gear for a combat mission.

>> No.26816090

>>26815486
And most Callidus missions aren't combat missions, they're infiltration.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action