Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.26383735 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I'm thinking about building an Eldar army. I was planning to grab to boxes of dire avengers, a farseer, and some warlocks just for a start. Any Eldar vets wanna share some advice for a newcomer to the craftworlds?

>> No.26383768

I meant to say two

>> No.26383852

Unless you're planning on running a Warlock Council deathstar (which works best if the warlocks are on bikes, actually), Dire Avengers aren't the troops you want. Warlocks can only be joined to Guardian units (so Guardians, Storm Guardians, Jetbike Guardians and the Support Weapon Batteries).

Plus, 10 Guardians are a much better filler than DAs for all the Wave Serpents you'll be buying.

>> No.26384135

Do not buy Dire Avengers. They aren't the 5 man+ Wave Serpent autopick they were in 5th, and they just got that fucking awful repackaging from 10 models to 5 models at the same fucking price.

Go with Windrider Jetbikes, Guardians in Wave Serpents, and maybe some Rangers. Don't fall for GW's tricks.

>> No.26384230

Any time you think of getting an Aspect Warrior, run through this flowchart:

>Are you getting Fire Dragons?
>>If yes, continue with purchase
>>If no, return to beginning

>> No.26384245

>>26384230
>not suggesting Warp Spiders
I like you, vertebrate.

>> No.26384688

>>26384245
What an odd twist that I would end up with 14 Warp Spiders in various ways during 5th edition and left them mostly unpainted on a shelf due to their points cost....
And then a year after I quit playing the game they get crazy buffed. Guess I better go throw some dice around my LGS before the next FotM codex comes along with wargear that shits on jet packs or something.

>> No.26384733

>>26384688
Next codex out is Space Marines and is all but guaranteed to be Dark Angels 2.

So you'll see them everywhere for a month or two before the bandwagon remembers that Heldrakes are a thing.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action