Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 828 KB, 1280x1280, bigbucks.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25073974 No.25073974 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Since the new Eldar are coming out in a few short days, it's time for a new edition of "What Will You Buy?"

>> No.25073995

>>25073974
you're buying 3 guardians?

>> No.25074017

>>25073974
thats 280 pounds of gonna get raped by IG/Necrons

>> No.25074071

>>25073974
no pic, sorry.

i have 500 2x1mm rare earth magnets on the way.

2x Boxes of Wraithguard
1x Spirit Seer (gets an Ozzy themed paintjob)

i will choose what options i want, when i want...

>> No.25074223

>>25073974
>Choosing what you buy before reading the codex
I bet you also like finecast better than hard plastic.

>> No.25074261

I ordered 3 boxes of wraithguard, a flyer, the codex and a wraithkniget. (and 4 boxes of bretonnian knights) for a mighty sum of 240 euros. European retailers have some good discounts.

>> No.25074303

>>25074223
I bet he also like plastic better than metal. What a plebian!

>> No.25074322

>>25074223
To be fair if they can afford to buy that I doubt they'll have trouble buying even more units if they turn out not to be competitive choices.

Also not everyone is a dickfaced waac netlister, some of us buy models because, wait for it cause here comes the shocking part, we like them and want to build and paint them. I know that's probably a shocking concept to someone like you, if you need to go take a breather that's fine.

>> No.25074421
File: 524 KB, 693x606, Kawaiitrooper.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25074421

>>25073974

That's an awful lot of money you're spending on target practice for the greater good.

>> No.25074466
File: 21 KB, 510x546, 1335781325167.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25074466

>>25073974
Nice toys. Maybe you should share a little bit.

>> No.25074472

ITT:
>Neckbeards
>More disposable income than you since 1987

>> No.25074497

>>25074322

Not wanting to suck =/= WAAC

>> No.25074498

>>25074322
Absolutely not shocked. Buying what you like is common sense.

Buying what you like before you have every elements in hand to be sure that you will actually like it (and no, a 360° view doesn't replace an Open the Box or seeing the stuff IRL) is impulse buying, and impulse buying for upwards of 500 whatever-your-country-uses is either stupidity or impressive wealth.

>> No.25074508

Nothing because I am poorfag and have no time just now. Though I would like an Undead Eldar army, so lots of wraithguard, wraithlord/wraithknights and spirit seers. Saim-Hann army too, but only when they update Jetbikes.

>> No.25074521

>>25073974
nothing, gotta finish off my chaos marines first. though my local store will probably be flooded with new eldar players.

>> No.25074579

>>25073995
Can't be, they are boxes of 4.

>> No.25074671

My Eldar collection was already big and diverse enough.

Perhaps just one JetPlane or one box of Plastic Wraithguards to upgrade my already existing Metal WG unit... that's all.


Will see for perhaps 1-2 extra Walkers/Vypers to complete my squadrons.

Will Falcon become dedicated transport or just stay a Prism/Spinner HeavySupport mod ?

>> No.25074691

>>25074508
>>only when they update Jetbikes.
See you in 12 years.

>> No.25074722
File: 118 KB, 811x887, wraithotron.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25074722

>>25073974
Wraithotron, assemble! Fight for all of wraithkind!

>> No.25074786

>>25074722
what the fuck

>> No.25074841
File: 128 KB, 1067x830, Ultranought.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25074841

>>25074722
You are not match for the Thunderlord Ultranought, xenos.

>> No.25074882

>>25074722
So, this is the power of The Power!

>> No.25074891

>>25074497
I'm sorry but the way you phrased it suggests just that, there's no other reason for attacking his choices.

>>25074498
I don't know anyone who has to have a model in hand before they'll buy it. A 360 is more than enough to decide if you like a kit, as well as the numerous other shots.

>> No.25074947
File: 78 KB, 533x665, lordknight.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25074947

>>25074722
no halfbreeds plz

>> No.25075009

>>25074841
Not gonna lie. Not a fan of the new mechahammer40K, but I'd buy the shit outta that.

>eft hivalui
Yes captcha, I know it'd cost a lot. Still, Ultranought.

>> No.25075024

>>25074498
500 yen! Damn son, you must be rich!

>> No.25075046

>>25074017

>gonna get raped by IG/Necrons

what doesn't?

>> No.25075057

>>25074882
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIQzwng4QE

>> No.25075079

>>25074303
>>25074303
Plastic is better than metal.

>> No.25075129

>>25075024
I believe 3 wraithkight is "upward of 500" yen.

>> No.25075131

>>25075079
But plastic is not original. Plastic is weak and flimsy. Plastic melts in the sun.

Metal, oh metal. Metal is glorious. Metal is power. Metal is the ability to kill using a dreadnought.

Metal is everything and only faggots like plastic.

>> No.25075217

>>25075131
>>25075131
>Unconvertable
>breaks when dropped

>> No.25075280

>>25075217
>metal
>breaks

You throw a metal Ghazgkull at a wall, you want to know what you get? An undamaged Ghazgkull model in the next building over.

>> No.25075324

>>25075217
i get my minerals from sucking on old lead minis

>> No.25075398

>>25075129
i make 200,000 yen per week.

get real, gaijin. LOL!

>> No.25075408

>>25075280
Not the guy you're talking to, but based on my experiences with metal models, they tend to break quite easily.
Played a game against a local SoB player and touched one of his models without thinking and a piece broke off.
A tyranid player's metal Zoanthrope has been demolished by gravity.
That's not to say finecast is better, but there's a slight difference in how thy break.

Metal models destroy themselves, while finecast models break just because.

>> No.25075451

>>25075398
That's about 2 deutchmarks. I'm not impressed.

>> No.25075490

>>25075408
Do be honest, I was kind of cheating with my example there. Ghazghkull is built like a fucking iron baseball.

Of course, the main solution is to use better glue when constructing your models.

>> No.25075504

>>25075451
yeah, i am laughing too.

200,000 Y per week = you have stable job by Kyushu or Nagano, or you afford to live fucking Edo.

>> No.25075629

>>25075009
Mechahammer is starting to grow on me, dreadknights, riptides, and wraithknights. I am honestly eager to see what the IG or SoB will get for their Mecha.

>> No.25075650

>>25075629
Lemanknights of course

>> No.25075666

3 x Wraithknights for a start. The rest depending on the crunch.

>> No.25075672

>>25075650
Or you know, regular Imperial Knights.

>> No.25075680

>>25074223
Giving a shit about winning in a game with toy soldiers. I just choose whatever sounds or looks cool, it is why I field around 30 storm troopers at 2000 points and platoons of guardsmen riding in Chimeras.

>> No.25075712

>>25075672
Perfect reason for GW to make a Mechanicus codex, they can make Imperial Knights for them and something else for IG.

>> No.25075728

>>25075680

yeah dude this game is just about playing with your action figures with another dude!

>> No.25075736

>>25073974
an old boxes of dire avengers, before those runs out from stores
The new wraithguards are too cool not to be used, i'll decide if use the axes variant after readng the new codex

>> No.25075744

>>25075680

People like you are the fucking worst.

>> No.25075777

>>25075712
Yeah, or they can give IG a Knight and do other Mechanicus options inside.

Which will give them an excuse for not doing anything useful with IG kits (like giving models to entries that don't get one).

>> No.25075786

>>25075728
it isn't?

>> No.25075809

>>25073974
>"What Will You Buy?"

None of it. Games Workshop is overpriced gash.

>> No.25075812

>>25075786

no it's a fucking game you retard the point is to have a good time testing your problem solving skills with friends, not to engage in a nonsense teaparty with your dollies

>> No.25075832

>>25075728
Ultimately it is. Giving enjoying winning is fine, but being a dick about it or chastising people over choosing units they think is cool is retarded. I can play competitively and use IG in the most broken way possible, I don't because I love having 30 storm troopers drop everywhere and a dozen chimeras full of grenade launchers and missile launchers shooting shit and absorbing tons of damage over a few melta/plasma vets in chimeras, three vendettas, and some manticores just sitting still the entire game.

>> No.25075836

>>25075680
Some people like to put thought into their armies so they don't waste their money on a doomed list.
In my honest opinion people who 'choose whatever sounds or looks cool' sperg harder than those that WAAC

>> No.25075879

>>25075832

>total beta male

>> No.25075922

Another Ork Stompa.

>> No.25075937

>>25073974
>"What Will You Buy?"

Some trollbloods

>> No.25075978

If I was gonna buy anything I suppose it would be plastic Wraithguards, but this entire release is honestly shit so I ain't buying shit.

>> No.25076038
File: 73 KB, 873x771, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25076038

A couple of dreadknights

cant wait to see all the Eldar kiddies cry when their giant new toy gets oneshotted

>> No.25076096

The new netrunner data pack, and some more of those warmachine crocodiles. Might get myself the rulebook too sometime - bought myself some on the basis that one of them looked like my GURPS character, might as well learn to play the game.

But I'm glad there's an Evangelion tabletop now, I've got a mate who'd love that.

>> No.25076310

>>25075744
hey, i liked that guy. he was funny.

>> No.25076349

Probably some heavy destroyers or a triarch stalker - I've been considering a Doom Scythe, but I don't want to be that guy.

Probably some Cetrati or however the hell you pronounce them, the Skorne heavy infantry, now that I own xerxis.

The new netrunner data pack when it hits.

>> No.25076433

>>25075836
I like this hobby mostly for the miniature and for my passion for painting, more than playing
Is that bad to have a model fun to paint and cool to have, even if underpowered? You probably will not use it in pro tornaments, but surely would be fun for some causals.
And that too is a big part of the hobby
Insulting someone just for buying something he like make simply a retarded autistic neckbeard

>> No.25076549

>>25076433

>You probably will not use it in pro tornaments, but surely would be fun for some causal.

Some codices don't have the luxury of being able to write a "fun casual" list against most opponents.

Either you write a list that will beat that opponent or you write a list that will almost ensured a lose. Glass cannon armies suffer from this quite a lot more than horde armies.

Why can't you people seem to understand this? Oh wait because you ignore the mechanics and don't know what you are talking about.

>> No.25076703

>>25076433

Casual lists are not possible in a lot of play environments.

>Do some of your competent opponents play Imperial Guard?

If you are not playing to win you are almost guaranteed to lose.

>Do some of your competent opponents play Necrons?

If you are not playing to win you are almost guaranteed to lose.

>Do some of your competent opponents play Orks?

If you are not playing to win you are almost guaranteed to lose.

>Do some of your competent opponents play Chaos Marines?

If you are not playing to win you are almost guaranteed to lose.

>Do you play Dark Eldar and is your opponent competent?

Without tailoring and optimizing you will lose.

>Do you play Eldar (4th ed codex) and is your opponent competent?

Without tailoring and optimizing you will lose.

>Do you play Tyranids and is your opponent competent?

Without tailoring and optimizing you will lose.

>> No.25076734

>>25076549
I understand what did you say, but most of the time people who don't play the game very often just buy the models they like and build an army after those. It's obvious that the wraithknight is somehow different, due to his high cost, but I don't understand why playing this once in a wile with friends would be a bad idea. Oh, rigt. Elitims. Just do what you want, I don't care, i'll be having fun and you cannot really stop me

>> No.25076861

>>25075812
> it's a fucking game
Technically its both a hobby and a game.

A lot of people buy and paint models but never actually use them either due to not wanting to or nobody to play with. Assembling and painting is a huge part.

Also, wouldn't it be a better test of your problem solving skills if you give yourself a disadvantage by having a less than stellar built army

Also, you are taking this game way to seriously. It is a nonsense engagement with painted dollies. To think it is anything else is delusional.

>> No.25076924

>>25076703
>you will lose
So? Did I have fun playing the game?

>> No.25076999

>>25076703
I don't go in that enviroment, i play mostly with friends and people in some hobby centre, only with the miniature I have and almost every time with csutom scenarios.
I have a lot of fun, is that bad?
Also, this is not a game, is an hobby.
Hell, even GW keep on stating this

>> No.25077043

Just the book and a Wrathknight

form ebay

>> No.25077065

>>25076924
FUN IS JUST A BUZZWORD

>> No.25077114

>>25077065
/v/ pls

>> No.25077132

>>25076999
Some believe GWs trend of random effects recently is to try and hold back the "Play to win" mentality.

>> No.25077218

I love the giant stupid shit in 40k now.

Because I browse /m/ as much as /tg/ and giant robots are fucking awesome

>> No.25077311

>>25076924

Tell me, do you have fun for 4 turns moving your models around pointlessly when you have known victory is impossible by the end of your second turn?

I don't. What is the point of taking up another two hours if the end result has already been determined? That is what playing glass cannon armies is like. Most of the time you will know if you can win or not by the end of the second turn. Note that I don't mean your victory is ensured or lost by the end of second turn, I mean you will have a clear idea of the odds by then. If you are playing a Glass Cannon you are either playing to win or you are playing lose. The two are mutually exclusive and losing with a Glass Cannon isn't fun, its sudden and brutal. It's a pit forming in your stomach because you just lost half your army in a single enemy shooting phase and you know there is no reason to keep playing.

>> No.25077389

>>25076999

What environment do you think I am talking about?

I didn't say "a competitive environment".

If any of your friends are competent Guard, Necron, Chaos Marine or Ork players and you play certain armies you still need to be trying to win to have any chance at all to win and if you seriously expect me to believe you would be willing to sit three hours through a game you know ahead of time you will lose without getting bored and would enjoy yourself then you are nothing but a troll.

>> No.25077444

>>25077389
>if you seriously expect me to believe you would be willing to sit three hours through a game you know ahead of time you will lose without getting bored and would enjoy yourself then you are nothing but a troll.

I second this. You would need to be totally emotionless to not get bored and want to do something else if all you are doing is spending turn after turn losing.

>> No.25077498

>>25075057
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIQzwng4QE

Still got nothing on the Prongenator 3000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLKTFnNlGGM

>> No.25077527

>>25075079
Yeah, if you're incompetent. Metals to this day have superior detail retention and actually have undercuts, something plastics will never have.

>> No.25077545

>>25077389

I have friends who play Chaos and Orks and we play casually fine.

>> No.25077556

>>25077545

Then your friends are not competent Chaos Marine or Ork players.

>> No.25077563

Nothing, although I have some khorne berzerkers coming through the post soon.

>> No.25077573

>>25077444

This is honestly why I quit 40k. I just care about fluff too much to even try and make my list decent, which just led to fucking boring matches because I'd spend the entire game just removing my models bit by bit without being able to really fight back.

>> No.25077676

>>25077573

Well I'm glad you did the right thing and quit instead of being a casualtard.

I can accept some people just like the modelling and/or fluff.

What I can't accept is these people bitching about people being WAAC when they actually play the game because it is no one's fault but there own that they don't play as well as people who focus on playing. That is literally the same thing as a Competitive player getting mad that a Lore-Master knows more fluff then them and that is why I think people who bitch about "WAAC" are retarded. Of course someone who focuses on playing the game is better at in than you if you focus your attention else where.

>> No.25077749

>>25077676

>Of course someone who focuses on playing the game is better at in than you if you focus your attention else where.

>butmymommytoldmeiamaspecialsnowflake.jpg

The problem is too many players were kids in the 90s and drank the cool-aid they were pushing.

>> No.25077765
File: 18 KB, 245x249, IMG_0769-1-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25077765

This quickly went from what new eldar stuff are you buying to babies cry when they get their fluff lists tabled.

O Yea, I'm buying bikes loads of glorious bikes and converting them into a flying seer council (Hopefully).

>> No.25077806

>>25077676
>>25077749
>standard blinkered WAACfaggotry

Nothing to see here, move along.

>> No.25077863

>>25077806

>How dare someone be better at this than me! I better do everything I can do invalidate them.

>> No.25078269

>>25076038
>>Eldar
>>kiddies
No such thing.

/tg/ is awful at warhammer.

>> No.25078348

Speaking of buying, Whats the Password for CC?

>> No.25078481

>>25076924
Playing a game where you just watch your models get removed from the field, while you do comparably little in return is rarely a fun game.

>> No.25078570

>>25078348
>t2092c

>> No.25078577

>>25078570
It's changed again?

>> No.25078583

>>25077389
>you still need to be trying to win to have any chance at all to win
This always seems like a fallacy. The difference between competitive and non-competitive play isn't 'trying to win'- virtually everyone tries to win, because it's a game. The difference is WHEN you try to win. Competitive play means trying to win at the list-building stage, by building a superior list. Casual play means bringing whatever army you have and then trying to win with it.

>> No.25078586

>>25078481
I play orks, are you're completely wrong.

And poor

>> No.25078612

>>25078481

there are losses and then there are losses. losing because your "fluffy" khornate horde gets disassembled without reply by 12 grey knights sucks yeah.losing because your fluffy night goblin list contains 20 fanatics is something else.

>> No.25078617

>>25078583
When you have to explain to people that there's a difference between WAAC and enjoy winning, the person you're explaining it to is probably an aspie faggot that no one likes, to no fault of his own.
JUST HIS IMPURE JEW GENES

>> No.25078650

>>25078570
That doesn't seem to work

>> No.25078671

>>25078586
I play Orks too but but my gf plays DEldar I can understand where he is coming from. Some armies don't have the luxuries of endless bodies like IG or Orks.

That being said, if all is lost then you should at least try to die valiantly. The proper way in 40k to die with dignity is to face death head on. Sometimes that means a suicide charge. And those can be mighty fun

>> No.25079269

>>25078650
pass is 45632

Just tried it and it worked.

>> No.25079350

>>25079269
Got it from a archive of an earlier thread, Thanks anyways

>> No.25082119

>>25076038
>plays GK
>calls Eldar players kiddies
I sense a ruseman afoot.

>> No.25082314

>>25073974
That is $7-800 dollars

but a very nice 7-800 dollars

>> No.25082461

>tfw restaurant working neck-beard with no drivers license
>tfw gotta convince friends to drive you 45 minutes to the closest town with a FLGS
>tfw every response is "I don't have a reason to go to that town"
>Can't get license because reasons I'm not willing to go into on 4chan

why is life so cruel /tg/?

>> No.25082502

>>25082314
Still not worth the cost unless one has the time, concentration, and enthusiasm (or autism) required to design poses, assemble, and paint all that in a timely manner without making it look like shit.

Which actually explains Giant Centerpiece Edition: who wants to bother making 100+ models in their army aesthetically pleasing when they can just buy some giant fuckers and some airplanes, make them look pretty, and call it a day?

>> No.25082520
File: 48 KB, 400x206, 1368419348975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25082520

>>25073974

>> No.25082637

>>25074841
>>25074722

Hold on, guys. I think these are shopped.

>> No.25082679
File: 462 KB, 620x573, 1360805215008.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25082679

Gw seems to be taking the whole american dream aproach.
>"And you thought the riptide was big" GW, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f488uJAQgmw

And you sluts will eat it up, all of it.

>> No.25083137

>>25082461
>Can't get license because reasons I'm not willing to go into on 4chan

cause you have autism?

>> No.25083232

>>25083137
DUI, more than likely.

>> No.25083258

>>25083232
not embarrassing enough to pull the "reasons I'm not willing to go into on 4chan"

so it has to be retardation or he was caught picking up a not so passable transvestite

>> No.25083282

What army is going to get a new codex after Eldar?

>> No.25083368

>>25082461
See how your name is "Anonymous." Nobody will ever know its you.


Also take a bus.

>> No.25083386

>>25083282

Space Marines, but there's a bunch of WHFB/non-army stuff coming out before that.

>> No.25083593

>>25083137
>>25083232
shamefully the first one, though it leads more toward attention related issues, though I'm tempted to see if i can actually pass the test at the least.

>> No.25083789

>>25083593
you're name wouldn't possibly be josh would it?

>> No.25083806
File: 217 KB, 500x302, tumblr_ml9kp90AxD1s28piqo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25083806

Imperial Guard

>> No.25083865

>>25083789
nope.

>> No.25084498

The gamer side of me is pissed at GW for turning this god damn game into a shitty version of robotech to cater to all the kids who want to play gundam.

The hobbyist side of me like the cool new models.

As far as Dire Avengers go, I'm appalled that 5 cost $35 now. Wtf GW. It's shit like this that makes me recast everything in mass. Time to go make molds of Dire Avengers and prep to make molds of the Wraithguard.

>> No.25084815

>>25084498
But Warhams have always involved giant robots fighting... that's what Epic was originally about. And then when GW gave up on Epic we got Apocalypse.

>> No.25087634

>>25084498
Those fucking Wraithguard.
I don't even PLAY the damn game anymore but I still want them striking badass poses on my shelf.
But $10 per model is stupid.

>> No.25087708

Cheer up, they were $15 before...

>> No.25087933

>>25084498
If people want to play Gundam, theres a system dedicated to it, without pointless ground support taking up points.

>> No.25092095

>>25073974
BUMP!!!

>> No.25092183

I won't be buying anything now.

I'll be waiting intil the next codex is released, and then buying stuff cheap off eBay while all the neckbeards sell the stuff they pre-ordered at half RRP and charge off to the next big thing.

>> No.25092356

>>25092183
Good on ya, that's how i got two 3k+ armies for less than the price of a new 1500

>> No.25093463
File: 257 KB, 400x378, mard_watt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25093463

>>25082520
Looking good there, fella.

>> No.25093571

>>25092183
made my eldar this way.

but since they are my only army i maybe have to buy a few models for retail price now.

but i definitely won't have a wraithwall army. i don't even want the wraithguard. i never thought about my eldar this way.

>> No.25093722

>>25078583
>Casual play means bringing whatever army you have and then trying to win with it.

Has it ever occurred to you that people who write superior lists do so because they have a superior grasp of the rules and that there lists being better is purely a matter of direct correlation with their superior understand of the rules, not a directed effort to do so? How do you train someone who has a better understanding of the game to subconsciously write worse lists?

If you have a problem with this behaviour lets here your solution before you expect people to change.

>> No.25093937

>>25093722

Casualtards will never respond to this because they have no answer. The problem they all have is the unwillingness to admit they don't have the rules comprehension to compete and expect everyone else to handicap themselves for their benefit.

One of my friends actually gave me a spiel about his yesterday. He thinks Tau are OP because a list he haphazardly threw together couldn't beat them when if he had not gone minimum troops and has put more than 10 minutes thought into it he could a wrote a list that would have dismantled my forces.

>> No.25093941

Might grab some Vypers now that they're actually good. I've got extra heavy weapons from the weapon platform boxes, so armaments won't be a problem.

>> No.25094290

>>25093937

BULL SHIT

Your friend is not a real casualtard.

Real casualtards give no fucks if anything is "OP" or not.

>> No.25094379

>>25094290

Better check the floor around you because it looks like your brain feel out. What you are describing isn't casual, its mythical. As in no one who plays 40k to give 0 shits and still be playing at all.

>> No.25094487

>>25094379

Then why do people still play Orks or SoB?

>> No.25094527

>>25094487
Because Orks are hilarious and SoB are a challenge?

>> No.25094605

>>25094379
Nothing is OP, it's okay to lose as long as I try my best, and the only thing wrong with the game is WAAC players who don't understand it's beer and pretzels not an actual competitive game. Think Chutes and Ladders not Chess.

And yes I actually believe this AND still play the game.

>>25094487
I play Sisters because the thought of a force so devoted to their faith that they will stand up to any danger is pretty awesome. There is having convictions and then there is the level the Sisters are on.

>>25094527
Sisters are only a challenge against massed Orks or Guard, and now maybe Tau. They do really well against Marines.

>> No.25094649

>>25094487

Orks can still be competitive if the player is willing to adapt their tactics to the new edition and new codices that have come out. Most of the time it is players unwillingness to stop doing what they have always done and do something new to adapt is the problem. In post >>25093937 I mentioned that my opponent was bitching Tau are OP but he literally just fielded a ton of heavy units and ran minimum troops in a IG and Ork allies list. He had access to tons of combos that could have stopped me in my tracks but he wasn't willing to change his list comp from what hes use to even though he has 4000pts of each Orks and IG, its not like he was hurting for models to use, he is just set in his ways and unwilling to put effort into adapting.

SoB still gets played because the personality type of the people who play it. Some are so dumb they keep wishlisting for an update when its beyond obviously one will never come.

>> No.25094669

>>25094605

Has it ever occurred to you that people who write superior lists do so because they have a superior grasp of the rules and that there lists being better is purely a matter of direct correlation with their superior understand of the rules, not a directed effort to do so? How do you train someone who has a better understanding of the game to subconsciously write worse lists?

If you have a problem with this behaviour lets here your solution before you expect people to change. Shut you whore mouth if you have no constructive solution to this issue.

>> No.25094722

>>25094669
>*HURRRNGRRRRR*BITCH*BITCH*BITCH*SPERG*SPERG*SPERG*

And this is why 40k is a game nobody should play or ever start playing ever.

>> No.25094756

>>25094722

>IcannotcopewiththefactotherpeoplecanjustbebetterthanmesoImustattributeittopsychoticbehaviorontheirpart.jpg

>> No.25094830

>>25094722
That attitude is found with every game honestly. It's just finding the right people to play with.

>> No.25094833

>>25094669
Uh...so you're saying that, if you have a superior understanding of the rules, you are completely unable to prepare fluffy lists or playing non-competitive scenarios?

>> No.25094863

>>25094669

>OK Anon, how would you fix this issue? As I have illustrated it is more complex than you give it credit for.

>>25094722

>I will accuse you of being an obsessive sperglord because I cannot grasp the rules and you can. I am unwilling to admit this issue stems from some people having innately superior comprehension skills.


You realize you just proved their point?

>> No.25095067

>>25094833

"Fluffy List" as used in this context are a fallacy because what is fluffy for one codex to do might be very powerful while what is fluffy for another to do is piss weak.

As for playing in a non-competitive scenarios it is possible to a degree but there are a lot of factors: What codex are they using, what codex is the opponent using, does the play area actually have the correct amount of terrain, are they playing mission like they should be or just trying to kill each other.

To be brutally honest in my personal experience, including going back to the game I had yesterday as Tau vs. IG/Ork Allies, "casuals" are infinitely more likely to not have put the effort into correct terrain set up and are more likely to ignore mission. If we had actually been playign a D3+2 objective mission I don't think I could have won because the weakness of Fire Warrior at holding objectives midfield. When I pointed this out to my opponent he didn't seem to at all care that I was preforming better than I should because I was able to bunker down all my Fire Warriors in building all game and normally that wouldn't be possible as a casual with less grasp of the rules to him this didn't excuses the results, they were still OP because he lost in that particular instance because HE wanted to ignore objectives. You see the logic this kind of person uses?

>> No.25095138

>>25095067
>If we had actually been playign a D3+2 objective mission I don't think I could have won because the weakness of Fire Warrior at holding objectives midfield. When I pointed this out to my opponent he didn't seem to at all care that I was preforming better than I should because I was able to bunker down all my Fire Warriors in building all game and normally that wouldn't be possible as a casual with less grasp of the rules to him this didn't excuses the results, they were still OP because he lost in that particular instance because HE wanted to ignore objectives. You see the logic this kind of person uses?

Yeah. If he can't factor unit point costs into the context of their role and typical circumstances instead of just looking at their general stats he doesn't have the right to be saying anything is OP or not, he doesn't have the understanding necessary.

>> No.25095188

>>25095067
That's more like he didn't care about shit on the table, I wouldn't use that as a defining factor in a casual player.

What I'd like to say is that there's got to be a middle ground between tourney-oriented players and the player you're talking about. Someone that does understand the game but still wants not to exploit it

>> No.25095271

Are the old Wraithlords really not a thing anymore?

>> No.25095336

>>25095271
What? their still in the game, their still T8 and they still have the same lovely models they've had for a while now.

>> No.25095371

>>25095188

I have a good friend who probably fits into your idea of someone the understands the game but doesn't exploit it.
He always has a much better grasp of the game than me and how units work together but can use that it pretty casual games. Though there are a couple of auto-includes for him he's always changing up his lists, trying new things and running things for fun.

>> No.25095565

>>25095371
That's more like what I was talking about

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action