Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23930002 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>evening /tg/!
>In this thread we will continue the ascendency quest thread from Tuesday.
>original thread is here:
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23896404/
>tfw the first thing /tg/ does when inserted into a new world is kill two cops and go to a bar!
>In your inventory you have:
>three pacification rods, Antade's flask, a custodians badge, the security memo, the metal clip and cards, the metal case, and Aurora's soulstone.
>here we go

The rain pattered gently on the roof of your stolen patrol vehicle. You had pulled into the parking lot in front of the Lonely Rat Tavern and were currently in the process of examining your surroundings.
The sky was still dark but you could see some sunlight appearing over the horizon. The bar was flanked by two three story buildings. One appeared to be a store of some kind and the other was unmarked and likely abandoned. It was hard to see through the rain but you could make out a large man standing in the doorway of the bar, likely a bouncer. He wore a jacket similar to the one you were wearing and carried something on his hip, but you couldn't quite make out what it was.
There was some music emanating from inside of the bar and the place seemed to be decently packed. Other than the fact that its address was found in a custodians memo book, the place seemed completely ordinary.

"we should ditch the car" you say.

"I couldn't agree more" replied Aurora. "We have already parked though and moving the car to the alley or something might look suspicious and tip off the bouncer or the patrons. Its your call though."

You thought about what to do as the beats from the taverns music mixed surprisingly well with the rhythm of the rain hitting the roof of the patrol car.

>ditch car and risk suspicion
>no ditch car and risk custodians spotting it in the parking lot?
>what to do, what to do.

>> No.23930021

>>23930002

uhh....UHH.... Ditch it

>> No.23930138

>>23930021
>>23930021
"uhh... UHH... ditch it" you say

"I think thats the best call" replied Aurora "This place seems pretty seedy and I don't think they will take too much notice, I hope..."

You tell Aurora to place the vehicle inbetween the bar and the abandoned building.
The car lurches forward tword the alley and, because of its extremely jerking movements, you are reminded how Aurora explained that moving the vehicle without an actual address was very difficult.
Eventually the vehicle was placed far enough back into the alley that it would not be easy to spot from the road.

"Ok" Aurora said. "Finished, do we go inside now?"

>> No.23930193

>>23930002
>Also if you were not in the first thread I recommend reading through the original one. It isnt very long, should take about 10-15 mins to read through maybe?

>> No.23930271

>>23930138

Head inside the bar.

>> No.23930294

>>23930271
Agreed, but with a dramatic entrance with lightning flashing and thunder rolling.

>> No.23930415

>>23930271
>>23930294
You open the door of the vehicle and begin to head into the bar.

"forgetting something?" asked Aurora.

You shake your head and remove Aurora's soulstone from the console and head towords the entrance to the bar.
As you approach the entrance the music grows in volume. The bouncer appears to be ignoring you so you start to push open the door. However before you can reach the door the bouncer sticks his hand out, bracing it against your chest.

"You want to drink?" said the bouncer "then you buy it here"

With that the bouncer reached into your jacket and pulled Antade's flask out from one of your pockets.
With that exchange over you head into the bar.
There were two portions of the bar. A dance floor, which contained only the musicians and a few young ascended dancing, and the bar itself which was populated by a few older patrons.
you head to the bar and sit down on one of the stools.
You notice there were a few trays, in which soulstones could be placed, along the bars counter, Presumably so people could speak to their secretary and "work" from the bar.

>> No.23930428

>>23930415
Place Aurora on the tray, then signal the bartender.

>> No.23930497

>By the way, I forgot to ask last time about those pacification rods. Are they hefty enough to use as a bludgeon, or are they too fragile for that? Also, are there any visual differences between the rods that we have?

>> No.23930537

>>23930428
>>23930428
You place Aurora's soulstone in the tray. You notice the tray was using the same system the vehicle's console used, firing a small red light into the base of the stone, causing Aurora's tiny apparition to appear at the top of the stone.

"Well" Aurora said surveying the bar and frowning "you sure know how to pick your hangouts"

You signal the bartender and the man approached. He looked like your typical ascended with one exception. He had a large scar running from the top of his head to the bridge of his nose.

"what can I getcha?" asked the bartender.

>>23930497
>the pacification rods vary in size, the ones you picked up are relatively small but can be used as a bludgeon if necessary. They are "mass produced" for custodians to use so there isnt really any aesthetic difference between the ones you have.

>> No.23930555

>>23930537
Well, for starters, a shot of something cheap. Then a room for let, Hopefully

>> No.23930627

>>23930555
>>23930555
"Well for starters a shot of something cheap." you say "Then a room for the night"

"Sure thing" replied the bartender and returned to the wall of bottles behind the counter.

"Sure wish I could take a shot" said Aurora "If theres any time for taking shots its now"

The bartender returned after a short time with a bottle and a small shot glass.

"That will be 35 leisure rations for the bottle, or two leisure rations for the single shot" said the bartender after he poured a small amount of blue liquid fluid into the shot glass.

>> No.23930655 [DELETED] 

>>23930627
CHECK 857'S WALLET FOR DOUGH

>> No.23930695

Check 857's wallet for dough, if cash is in supply how much? Cause I'm going to give him double if I have it for some "advice" on where to find a paying "job" and a good shank.

>> No.23930757

>>23930695
Well, if I have the cash, anyways...

>> No.23930760

So what are the ascended? Elves? Also are we ascended?

>> No.23930784

>>23930695
You check through your belongings and find the memobook you had taken from custodian 847. After a short inspection you find a card labeled "Ration Allocation". Scratched into the back of the card you find the details of a few transactions, however at the bottom you see the words "Remaining: 600".
You hand the card to the bartender and he walks over to a machine and appeared to work at processing the payment.
You figured that he would be charging you the full 35 since you had not specified before handing him the card.

>looks like its just us two again. Hopefully we can get some more players though.

>> No.23930808

>>23930760
>you are an ascended yes.
>As for what they are I can describe what they look like to you if you want but I think getting into EXACTLY what they are might be something of a spoiler.

>> No.23930826

>>23930784
>After a short inspection you find a card labeled "Ration Allocation"
>After a short inspection you find a pocket on the back of the book containing a card labeled*

>> No.23930856

>>23930784
As he comes back over with the card, motion to him to get him near for a quiet conversation. If he obliges, whisper, "There's an extra thirty in it for you for some well meaning advice."

>> No.23930899

>>23930808
A description would be nice, yes.

>>23930784
We can't sit here drinking all night, but we need a place to begin. Does Aurora know what we were working on before the explosion and our memory loss?

>> No.23930989

I guess we're human LOOKING, at least.

Pic related, it's what I think we look like.

>> No.23931007

>>23930784
>>23930856
The bartender returned after a short time.

"The bottles yours friend" said the bartender with a smile.

Before the bartender could leave you motion for him to lean in closer to you. After he obliges you whisper quietly to him "There's an extra thirty in it for you for some well meaning advice"

The bartender looked from you to Aurora and then back to you with a puzzled look on his face.
After a short pause he wiped the puzzled look from his face, smiled and said "Well meaning advice is my specialty friend! What do you need to know?"

>>23930899
The ascended look roughly human, however they are much taller ( about 9 inches taller than the average human) and more lanky, as far as skin color goes they typically have very light skin, a few are almost pale/albino looking but the extremely pale ones are very rare.
As a society males tend to shave their head its very rare to see ascended with hair, but not unheard of. Im trying to think of anything else so let me know if the description was sufficient enough?

>> No.23931016

>>23930989
Or this.

>> No.23931040

>>23931007
>well they are not lanky as in extremely thin its just that humans, at this point, tend to be very short and stock so by comparison ascended look thinner.

>> No.23931055

>>23931016
>that would be pretty accurate I would say honestly.

>> No.23931089

>>23931007
I... need to get a bit more cash on my person, if you know what I mean. Do you know who or where I can get a job from that might be able to put a bit in my purse?
(cont in next post)

>> No.23931150

>>23931089
Second, I need to find a pawn shop or trader, one that has an interest in helping good people keep themselves, ah, "Safe". I was thinking that you might know someone fitting that description... I would be pretty grateful if you could help... -hint towards card-

>> No.23931211

>>23931007
>>23931007
"I... need to get a bit more cash on my person, if you know what I mean." you say. "Do you know who or where I can get a job from that might be able to put a bit in my purse?"

"Well..." the bartender said in a low voice. "You know anything about the 'prince of poverty'? Hes a kind of pirate or smuggler or something... Hes come in here a few times and was looking for a few extra hands to crew his ship but that was the last time I saw him. Not sure where you would start looking. If you're extremely desperate for funds you could always join the expeditionary forces but I have a... feeling thats not something you would be interested in."

You think for a moment before continuing "Second, I need to find a pawn shop or trader, one that has an interest in helping good people keep themselves, ah, "Safe". I was thinking that you might know someone fitting that description... I would be pretty grateful if you could help..." You punctuate your sentence by tapping the card against the counter.

"Ah that I can really help you with." replied the bartender. "See that store next door? I've seen alot of suspicious people go in and out of there. Might be what you're looking for."

>> No.23931249

>>23930899
>crap forgot to answer your second question.
>Aurora doesnt know what you were doing. You both just ended up in the basement of the IMDA together, after the building collapsed.

>> No.23931267

Nod approvingly. (quietly) "Hm, that sounds pretty useful. I'll keep those facts in mind." (louder) "Well, thank you for your help, Mister...?" going to try to get his name.

>> No.23931293

>I'm thinkin' we should think about getting a good fighting knife and a blackjack and go into business as a private investigator. All kinds of Noir fueled shenanigans there!

>> No.23931376

>>23931211
You give the man a friendly nod and whisper "Hm, that sounds pretty useful. I'll keep those facts in mind."

The bartender returned your nod and moved to serve some other patrons but before he left you said, a little louder this time, "Well, thank you for your help, Mister...?"

"Call me Darion" replied the bartender before returning to the other patrons.

"Well he was helpful" said Aurora who had remained unusually quiet throughout your exchange.

You take the shot placed in front of you and began to look around the bar. Alot of the patrons had begun to leave. The sun was now cresting the horizon and you figure these last few patrons were the most determined to have a good time.
As the small crowd of people began to file out of the bar or upstairs to the rooms they had rented, you notice a man sitting in the corner.
The man had a makeshift sling on his arm and a crude bandage covering one side of his neck. The man was sitting in a nearby booth and giving you a strange look, his gaze didn't waver even after you had made eye contact with him.

>> No.23931484

>>23931376
To Aurora (quietly)"We need to get some more cash in our pockets to figure out how I got down there. I don't think that a good personality would replace money anytime soon. Also, while I'm just guessing at this, you don't seem to like your current existential situation very much, right?"

>> No.23931540

>>23931376
You quietly whisper to Aurora "We need to get some more cash in our pockets to figure out how I got down there. I don't think that a good personality would replace money anytime soon."

"You would be right about that" replied Aurora "Can't get far without money"

You pause for a moment before adding "Also, while I'm just guessing at this, you don't seem to like your current existential situation very much, right?"

"I have grown to... accept it" replied Aurora. "but I cant honestly say Im happy with it. Why do you ask?"

>> No.23931667

>>23931540
"Well, I was thinking that with the right amount, someone might be interested in working out putting a soul back into an actual body. I mean, they've found a way to remove souls in the first place. There might be someone interested in putting one in a body, one that isn't metallic and meant for causing war crimes, anyway. What do you think?
Listion to Aurora, then wave to the man with the sling to come over after she finishes

>> No.23931751

>>23931540
>>23931667
"Well," you say "I was thinking that with the right amount, someone might be interested in working out putting a soul back into an actual body. I mean, they've found a way to remove souls in the first place. There might be someone interested in putting one in a body, one that isn't metallic and meant for causing war crimes, anyway. What do you think?"

"Well.. To be honest I haven't thought about that before." replied Aurora "As far as im aware it isn't possible to remove a soul once it is bound to a stone. Even if you could I think it would simply pass into the afterlife, effectively killing the spirit. Although, I do admit this is in no way my area of expertise"

You ponder her response for a moment then turn around in your seat and wave to the man in the corner.

The man nods to you and uses his healthy army to roughly stab his finger at the seat across from him, clearly indicating that you should come to him. The man did not seem have a friendly look on his face.

>> No.23931806

Rolled 30

>>23931751
Yep, let's go sit next to the guy. Picking up Aurora as well.

To Slingy (Pleasantly)"You look like a man who's be interested in taking care of problems."

>Rolling for good impression.

>> No.23931946

>>23931806
You sigh and decided to head towards the man in the booth. Turning around you pull Aurora's stone from the bar counter.

"Hey!-" said Aurora before her apparition abruptly disappeared. On the way over to the booth you notice the man looked extremely battered.
He had small scratches all over his head. In addition to the bandage on his neck he had an open wound at the top of his head that he was covering with a rolled piece of cloth.
He wore a plain shirt over baggy cloth pants and wore an extremely frustrated expression on his face.

You take a seat across from the man and as soon as you appear settled he spoke.

"well what the fuck!" the man quietly exclaimed. "Where in the gods name have you been! You come into MY office screaming about how we 'need to act now' cause one hell of ruckus which left me much worse for wear" the man paused shortly to gesture to his sling "and then run off into the IMDA basement to do gods know what!"

After a long pause then man shrugged and leaned back into the booth. "Damnit, what the hell chris?"

>> No.23931961

>>23931806
>ah crap forgot to include your dialogue.
>Also it seems like everyone is gone again... is 18:00 a good board time to run a quest?

>> No.23931985

>>23931961
>>evening /tg/!
>>In this thread we will continue the ascendency quest thread from Tuesday.
>>original thread is here:
>>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23896404/
>>tfw the first thing /tg/ does when inserted into a new world is kill two cops and go to a bar!
>>In your inventory you have:
>>three pacification rods, Antade's flask, a custodians badge, the security memo, the metal clip and cards, the metal case, and Aurora's soulstone.
>>here we go
I'm not gone! I just got here, I was in the last thread as well

>> No.23931997

>>23931961
give me a second to read up on what's been done so far and I'd love to play it with you, do you mind having just one person?

>> No.23932053

>>23931985
>>23931997
>no I don't mind at all. The more the merrier though. If you guys dont mind I can put it on hold and occasionally bump until you're finish reading up. Just post when you are finished and I can continue.

>Or I could just continue at a much slower pace just feel free to let me know.

>> No.23932066

>>23932053
>also I just noticed my name has been wrong the entire time haha.

>> No.23932085

>>23932066
>ok NOW the name is right.

>> No.23932086

Rolled 66

>>23931946
"I had a real bad feeling this was going to happen..." (Drain shot, start pouring another) "Listen... err, sir... godsdamnit, this is going to sound ludicrous, sir, but that man who you were talking to wasn't me. I wish I had some better explanation then that, but I'm frankly fucked if I know how that happened or why."

Trying to lie like a rug.

>> No.23932103

Rolled 77

>>23931997
>Yeah, come'on in! Join us by the fire and kick off your shoes! Glad to have ya!

>> No.23932107

>>23931946
Lean back in the booth and take another swig of whatever we have.

"Whatever I was doing, I fell through the floor and blacked out. When I woke up, I couldn't remember who I was or where I was or why the hell cops were after me. Still can't. That's where you come in."

>> No.23932122

>>23932085
I think the pace is fine personally.

>> No.23932190

>>23931946
does this setting have a sci-fi flavour in terms of what we can picture (fancy cars, cool watches, etc.)

>I suck at giving examples of sci-fi things

>> No.23932196

>>23932086
You stare at him before coming up with the best lie you could muster

"I had a real bad feeling this was going to happen..." you say, pouring out a shot, downing it, and pouring another. "Listen... err, sir... godsdamnit, this is going to sound ludicrous, sir, but that man who you were talking to wasn't me. I wish I had some better explanation then that, but I'm frankly fucked if I know how that happened or why."

The man stared blankly at you before responding

"Chris... I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about!" The man seemed to be reaching a boiling point.

"You ran into my office, told me some horrible thing was going to happen and that it had something to do with the IMDA" the man paused and in a hushed tone continued "So I gathered some of the men and set to... solving... the problem as best I could. Needless to say it didn't go quite as fucking planned! People died Chris! you have some explaining to do.... Seriously" the man finished and grabbed your bottle, taking a long swig before slamming down onto the table.

>> No.23932255

>>23932196
Grab the bottle from his hand, and take a longer swig and slam it down harder.

"Well I don't know who the hell Chris is, and I had to murder just to get here without being killed myself. So why don't you fill me in on who the hell I am or used to be, and then I can start caring about you and your problems."

>> No.23932256

>>23932107
>shit missed you man, bad timed refresh my bad.

>>23932122
>ok ill just keep it constant then.

>>23932190
>See heres the thing, it isnt REALLY scifi or cyberpunk it just FEELS like it, if that makes sense?
>I really don't want to spoil anything but think of it in terms of "feels like scifi because magic has created a form of technology"
>The most spoiler free example I can give is the pacification rods. Their place in a scifi setting would be the guns. But in reality they are actually closer to the wands wizards use in high/low fantasy settings but thinker so you can beat criminals with them.

>> No.23932266

Rolled 76

>>23932196
ANGRY VOICE TIME
Fist to table "FRANKLY, SIR, I DON'T HAVE A GODSDAMN CLUE WHAT THE FUCK I'M SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU WHEN I DON"T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I EVEN SAID YESTERDAY! OR THE DAY BEFORE THAT!"
cont

>> No.23932298

Rolled 60

OOO! How about we combine >>23932255 and >>23932266 together?

>> No.23932328

>>23932256
Cyber-punk fantasy with magic replacing technology? I'm on board this train.

>> No.23932354

>>23932266
>>23932255
You grab the bottle, taking a much longer swig than the man did and slam it down even harder.

"Well I don't know who the hell Chris is!" you exclaim "AND FRANKLY, SIR, I DON'T HAVE A GODSDAMN CLUE WHAT THE FUCK I'M SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU WHEN I DON"T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I EVEN SAID YESTERDAY! OR THE DAY BEFORE THAT!"

The man seemed startled by your sudden outburst but quickly regained his composure.

"Chris..." the man seemed stunned, his fire cooled for the moment "Chris.. its me, marty! Your friend, Martol Avendis? You really don't remember me? What the hell happened to you?"

>>23932328
>welcome aboard! Hopefully it can be an interesting ride.

>> No.23932411

>Electric, what do you think we should do?

>I got nothing after that outburst.

>> No.23932457

>>23932354
I sigh and lean back again.

"Martol Avendis. I will have to remember that. Well Martol, I woke up amidst rubble and next to a talking drawer. I have no idea who I am or what I was doing."

If there's another soulstone socket, I'll plug in Aurora.

"She is a friend, she helped me get here."

>> No.23932486

>>23932411
>this is my first time participating in one of these quests

>> No.23932550

>>23932486
Ditto.

Well, second, considering tuesday's thread. Just glad to know I'm not the only one.

>> No.23932602

>>23932550
>pic related, it's us

>> No.23932603

Anyway, EXPOSITION FOR MARTY TIME IS GO!

>> No.23932619

>>23932354
You sigh and lean back into your seat.

"Martol Avendis. I will have to remember that." you say "Well Martol, I woke up amidst rubble and next to a talking drawer. I have no idea who I am or what I was doing."

"Call me Marty" said the man "and the rubble of the IMDA im assuming? Yeah that was me" the man chuckled to himself before continuing "Damn fine work too."

When the man stopped speaking you reach over the receptacle on the edge of the table and set Aurora's stone into it.
As soon as Aurora's eight inch apparition appeared you hear her voice.

"Want to warn me before you do that again?"

Ignoring Aurora you turn back to the man.

"She is a friend, she helped me get here"

Marty leaned back thinking for a moment.
"You get her from the IMDA?" asked Marty
You nod and he continued "She might be able to shed some light on what you were screaming about in my office earlier today"

"I assure you" said Aurora "My knowledge ends at artist dossiers and office gossip. I would tell you anything if i knew it. Do you know this guy Christopher?"

>> No.23932672

>>23932486
>>23932550
>this is actually my first time running one haha.
>I have DMed games before but this is a little different so its learning experience for all of us.

>> No.23932740

>>23932619
"Well, it sounds like I used to..." to Marty (quietly) "Listen, Martol, what little I do know tends to point to the custodians. Two of those shits nearly axed me at the backdoor. Both are now dead, one with a letter opener in His eye. (show full memo)

>> No.23932764

>>23932619
I glance at Aurora. "I certainly hope I do Aurora.

>> No.23932888

>>23932619
You glance at Aurora and say "I certainly hope I do"
Aurora shrugged in response and turned to longingly gaze at the wall of booze behind the counter.

You lean closer to Martol and whisper quietly "Listen, Martol, what little I do know tends to point to the custodians. Two of those shits nearly axed me at the backdoor. Both are now dead, one with a letter opener in His eye."

Marty laughed, a booming laughed the echoed throught the entire bar. The remainging patrons looked over to your table momentarilly but all returned to their own conversations.

You try to hand Marty the memo but he pushes it away gently saying, through gasps of laughter "I've seen it!"

After calming himself Marty begins to explain. "Wow you really took quite the hit to the head didn't you? The custodians have been the fucking problem for about a year now! The ascendency, about a year ago, passed a law that allows them to arrest anyone on 'suspicion' of any crime. Not entirely too bad in and of itself but they are also now allowed to trap the soul of any detained ascended who they determine to be a threat to society."
>cont.

>> No.23932985

>>23932888
Marty continued to elaborate "I am pretty sure they need more souls for their army of little automatons. I already have bets with a few other members of the resistance that they are going to use their bolstered numbers to launch another campaign onto the mainland. The custodians being assholes isnt new to me but damn good job waxing two of them two less boots we need to worry about."

"Well.." said Aurora "I figured you might have been a member of the resistance"

"Damn straight he is!" replied Marty "You have alot to re-learn friend why dont you stay at my place tonight? It should be safe, I have managed to hide admirably well from the custodians so far"

>stay at inn?
>go with marty?
>other?

>> No.23933043

>>23932985
Mind if we head over next door first, Martol? I need to get something extra, for protection, you know?

>> No.23933072

>>23933043
>Buyin' a shank, whatchoo think?

>> No.23933089

>>23932985
I shrug my shoulders.

"Nothing better to do I guess. Just in case you're going to kill me in my sleep though, I want to get some kind of weapon if you don't mind."

>> No.23933099

>>23933072
Stole my idea!

>> No.23933136

>>23932985
"Nothing better to do I guess but mind if we head over next door first, Martol?" you say "I need to get something extra, for protection, Just in case you're going to kill me in my sleep you know?"

Marty laughed a little before replying "Not a problem" said Marty " I know the owner of that store, he tends to help us out from time to time and should have opened up by now"

"So I suppose you're going to put me into your pocket again?" Asked Aurora.

>> No.23933154

>>23933099
>Sorry! I just figured we should get a good knife for solving some problems.

>And by problems I mean people, and by solving I mean viciously murdering.

>> No.23933187

>>23933099
Your idea was double ended dildo roulette?

'cause it looks like a penis

>> No.23933206

>>23933187
Where in the fuck did that come from?

>> No.23933351

>>23933206
Excellent question, Mister Andrews.
I left the answer in my car, excuse me one moment whilst I retrieve it!

>> No.23933407

>>23933136
You nod and remove Aurora's stone, with fair warning this time and place it into your pocket. After telling Darion that you were no longer in need of the room you and Marty leave the bar heading to the store next door.

Marty walked in first shouting "Shamir are you in here?"
An acended male emerged from behind the counter and started walking toward Marty.

"Hello Marty!" the man replied "You need anything special today?"

"Nothing for me, my friend here is looking to deal some damage, what do you have?"

"Follow me and ill show you." replied Shamir with a smile.

After walking a short distance into the back of the store Shamir stopped and lifted up a portion of the hallway. The trap door led into a small, extremely dark, basement room.
Shamir lifted up his hand and produced the same light Antade produced.

"Got alot of good stuff down here" said Shamir "Take your pick, free of charge, anything for my friend Marty"

"You a good man Shamir" replied Marty.

You examine the room and notice a few rods, made similar to the pacification rods you already carried, an array of swords and knives, and some pretty long staffs.

>look at swords
>look at staffs
>look at rods
>other?

>> No.23933442

>I'm thinking knives and machetes.

>> No.23933500

>>23933407
>forgot to include he also has bows and crossbows.

>> No.23933562

>>23933407
@ Elec: Since the fight with those two custodians, I was thinking about a good dagger and sword combo, as well as a pair of throwing knives. What's on your shopping list?

>> No.23933604

>>23933407
You walk over and look at the row of knives and swords.

"Im going to head back up" said Shamir "Want to be able to serve any early commers" and with that Shamir climbed the ladder and headed back into the store.

"so what are you looking for?" Asked Marty

"Im thinking knives and Machetes" you respond.

"How about this?" Asked Marty holding up a pair of dark colored sheathes which each contained a bronze, triangle tipped blade.

>> No.23933782

>sooo you guys still here?
>if not I suppose ill just archive this one and start from here next time. Probably tomarrow at 18:00 or 19:00

>> No.23933812

>>23933604
perfect

>> No.23933815

>>23933604
"Good enough for throwing, but less so for up close." (place >>23933442 pic and above pic on counter, find a pedistal for Aurora) "whaddya think? Works better then one made out of pig iron I'll betcha."

>hey, what happened to Electric? He's here one minute, gone the next.

>> No.23933837

>>23933604
>>23933815
Damn, forgot pic.

>> No.23933857

>>23933782
>still amongst the living.

>> No.23933997

>>23933604
"good enough for throwing, but less so for close up" you say.

"fair enough" said Marty.

You see a nearby Machete and pick that up as well. After making your selection you and Marty proceed to the ground level and head towards the door.
Marty points to your selections and Shamir nods. A few of the early customers give the two of you strange looks but don't appear to think anything more of it.

Heading outside you notice the sun is fully in there air and the city seems alot busier and more populated than you had previously thought.

"follow me" Marty said "my ride is behind the rat."

You and Marty proceed to the rear of the lonely rat but Marty stops you before you move any further. After a short examination you spotted what made Marty freeze. Two custodians where examining your abandoned patrol vehicle and a third had Dorian restrained on the side of the curb, speaking to him and taking notes.

"Shit" said Marty turning towards you "what the hell do we do?"

>fight
>sneak to marty's car
>talk to custodians.

>> No.23934113

>>23933997
Hide in alley, "Well, this is going to suck..." look at Marty "Give me a shiner and a busted lip, would you?"

>> No.23934124

>>23934113
Oh, give him a rod as well.

>> No.23934194

>>23934113
The two of you duck back into the Alley. You turn to Marty, handing him one of your pacification rods, and say "Well, this is going to suck... Give me a shiner and a busted lip, would you?"

"What? Why?" asked Marty "Ah fuck it, you probably know what you're doing"
At this Marty reared back hitting you as hard as he could in the face. Your eye effectively blacked you begin to regain your composure. Marty lay's his fist into you a second time busting your lip in process.

"You said busted lip AND black eye" said Marty with a shrug "Anyway... what now?"

>> No.23934217

Rolled 58

>>23933997
kill'em kill them all

>> No.23934309

>>23934194
After he does that, we tear off his sling and bandage and have him bleed a bit. Then we hide the machete behind his back and the knives in my jacket. Then I slug him in the gut and start yelling like there was a mugger running down the alley, the idea being that if one or two of the guys go after the mugger, we'd only need to deal with the one guarding Dorian.

>> No.23934320

Rolled 67

>>23934309
Rollin for Bluff

>> No.23934491

>>23934194
You tell Marty to take of his bandage and he complies. "I hope you know what you are doing Chris.."

After a short while you turn around slugging Marty right in the gut.
"What the fuck!" gasped Marty, but before he could retaliate you were already running towards the custodians.

"Officers!" you shout "there was a mugger! He took my funds cards you need to help me!"

Marty seemed to pick up on what you were doing.

"He said his name was Hawk, or Hawke and something about needing the money for the resistance you have to stop him!" shouted Marty.

"Calm down citizens we will handle it." said the closest custodian "cut the bartender loose, looks like we found our guys"

Your planned had worked better than you expected. As all three custodians ran off in the direction Marty was pointing.

"Sorry to get ya into this kind of trouble Dorian." Said Marty, he sounded genuinely Ashamed.

"Just make sure to keep me and my business out of it in the future" replied Dorian before walking back into the lonely rat.

"Come on" Marty said "lets get out of here."

The two of you entered Marty's car.

You saw Marty gesture to the console between the two of you and you placed Aurora's stone into it.

After a short time Aurora appeared.

"Where am I NOW?" Asked Aurora.

>> No.23934582

Rolled 38

>>23934491
(panicked)"Marty's Car, now how do you feel about going to Marty's Safehouse?" Wait until she tries to reply, then yell, "TOO LATE, WE'RE GOING NOW! MARTY, ADDRESS PLEASE, BEFORE THEY COME BACK!"

>> No.23934619

Rolled 12

I'll apologize to Aurora after we leave the Lonely Rat behind without those guys chasing us

>> No.23934659

>>23934491
"Marty's car now" you say a note of panic entering your voice. "How do you feel about going to Marty's safe house?"

"Well-"

"TOO LATE WE ARE GOING NOW! MARTY ADDRESS PLEASE!"

Aurora sighed audibly

"On it" said Marty the same blue glow that shone from your hand before began to shine from Marty's. He waved is hand accross a few runes and the car started going.

"Ok we should be safe at my place for the time being" said Marty "Although with everything moving as fast as it is now im not sure how long that safety will last. Do you not remember anything from last night? Because you were talking about some seriously frightening shit."

>> No.23934774

Rolled 4

>>23934659
"Hold on a sec Martol, let's check for those yobbos. I've got a bad feeling about them... Also, Aurora, sorry bout that little fit." As we're looking, gonna give him the exposition dump of a lifetime regarding the previous thread, starting from the beginning.

>> No.23934919

>>23934774
>>23934659
"Hold on a sec Martol, let's check for those yobbos. I've got a bad feeling about them... Also, Aurora, sorry bout that little fit." you say.

"Don't worry about it." said Aurora "I don't like being yelled but these are.... extenuating circumstances."

After making sure the cost was clear Martol continued to direct the vehicle toward his home.

As time passed, and your little group headed further and further away from the city center, you explained everything that you remember from the last few hours.

Marty sighed before saying "you really remember that little? Damn I was kind of hoping that you would be able to elaborate a bit more the next time I saw you."
Marty then explained his version of events. "Well you came into my office last night screaming something about an 'ascension project', that it would put the behavior of the custodians to shame whith regards to how much damage it would, that it would end the world as we know it, and that thousands of people would die. You also said something about the IMDA and the agency for attunment monitoring being at the center of the whole thing. Which is strange because you rarely hear about either of those groups."
>cont.

>> No.23935049

>>23934919
"I tried to get more information out of you but you said you were in a rush, looking for something inside the IMDA." Marty continued. "Something about how it was the 'key' to stopping this 'ascension project'. The last thing you said to me was that the IMDA needed to be destroyed completely, in the event you failed to get what you were looking for."

You and Aurora both continued to listen intently

"So I went and got our..... specialists... and let them into the IMDA to do what they do best." Marty said. "We kind of got caught in the act when the custodians came to evacuate the building and we had a bit of a running fight with the CA teams. We lost a few people but we ended up being able to ditch them. I had no idea where you were so I went to the Lonely Rat, our frequent watering hole if you don't remember, and waited and now we are here." After Marty finished you hear Aurora interject.

"Ascension Project... That sounds familiar to me, I think I remember hearing one of the workers at the IMDA mention it in passing but I cant remember what the context was, unfortunately.

>> No.23935122

Rolled 69

>>23935049
Look at her with the biggest damn grin. "I KNEW your knowledge of office gossip would come in handy! What did you hear?! Oh please, if it's not good news at least let it be something juicy!"

>> No.23935204

>>23935122
You grin deeply at Aurora and say "I KNEW your knowledge of office gossip would come in handy! What did you hear?! Oh please, if it's not good news at least let it be something juicy!"

"Well...." said Aurora "I remember him speaking about something that the agency for attunment monitoring had stored beneath the IMDA. I cannot remember the consultants name but he seemed very afraid of it, he said that he had almost been detained by two custodians when he tried to get a look at what the AAM was doing in the basement of the building. Maybe we should start by returning to the IMDA ruins?" Suggested Aurora.

"Thats as good a start as any." said Marty

>> No.23935347

>>23935204
>>23935204

The car finally pulled up to a small house on the outskirts of the city.

"Well, we are finally here" said Marty "lets head inside"

You start to remove Aurora's stone but Marty stops you.

"The console is portable" said Marty and you lift it up confirming his statement.
Although Aurora's apparition disappeared it was confirmed that she could still speak when you here the disembodied sound of her voice from the small metal tray.

"Great!" said Aurora "I have only ever been in one of these once before but this should be fairly convenient"

You follow Marty inside and take notice of your surroundings The house was relatively small and only was one story. It had a kitchen and a bedroom though and you note that as a plus.

"You might have to sleep in the basment" said Marty "but im sure you wont mind. Come on though lets head down there and meet some of the rest of the guys. They will be dieing to know I found you."

You follow Marty downstairs and upon reaching the bottom of the steps Marty swings open a small wooden door. You step through it and find yourself in a large, very open room. At the far end of the room you found yourself staring face to face with the source of all the fuss in the city, and the sorce of all your troubles!

>end of part 2!
>Thanks for sticking around Andrews. IF you;re still here I was thinking of changing the time to try and get some more constant players? how does 16 or 17:00 board time sound to you?

>> No.23935348

Rolled 50

>>23935204
"Yeah, but right now I'm thinking that's got to wait for a day or two. Those bastards're likely crawling like roaches through that place. How's about we head over to your place, Martol, find something more portable for you, Aurora, and have a few moments of peace before we get busy with planning plots and finding support? And possibly a sandwich and a shower for me?(look at Martol meaningfully)"

>> No.23935408

>>23935348
>crap I really need to work on my refresh timing haha

>> No.23935415

Rolled 86

>>23935347
>Sure, I'd be fine with that. Just save the tread, OK? If it really takes off, I'd be alright with sitting a session or two out.

>> No.23935458

Rolled 99

>>23935415
> I don't want to be the guy who hogs ALL THE COMMANDS ALL THE TIME. I guess I might have scared Electric because of that...

>> No.23935480

>>23935415
>Yeah I just archived it. I will try to run the next one at 16:00 board time. If not then 17:00.

>Despite the current lack of players how do you like it so far? I am a bit worried that the setting and story might be a bit "weird" but who knows.

>> No.23935515

>>23935458
>Maybe but I doubt it. It was getting late, maybe he just went to bed or something. Hopefully he will see the archive if he has interest in playing again and will know the new start time.

>> No.23935569

Rolled 64

>Pretty fun for me. Mind you, this might be new thread player stockholme syndrome, but I'm having a good time thinking how exactly I should go about problems by planning. I would like to see the story go in a more Noir-ish Private Eye direction, but the most important thing is that you're entertaining me. Good job!

>> No.23935627

>>23935569
>Thanks im just glad im entertaining someone lol.
>This is the first quest ive run so im worried about making alot of mistakes.

>as for the Noir thing, that is kind of how it will go initially but it will get to much more fast paced climax I think. As a prequel (I kind of feel bad about this) but there are a couple events that HAVE to happen but I think I might let the players change those events and then just pretend things happen as originally planned when playing the tabletop version with my friends over the summer.

>> No.23935637

Rolled 99

>Also, THAT SHOWER AND A SANDWICH QUOTE IS CANON. PERIOD.

>> No.23935721

Rolled 41

>Well, I'm going to call it a night. See you at 16-17! Night!

>> No.23938001

>>23935627
Bit late to be saying this, but you weren't running it for just one person, I might not have been responding, but I was lurking and enjoying what I was seeing.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action