Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 748 KB, 815x880, Kharn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23842926 No.23842926 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

New 40K player looking for some advice:

I'm having difficulties deciding on an army to build. I'm kind of into the idea of having a super choppy army. I also enjoy Kharn. So should I go Chaos Marines? Or are they terrible and should be shunned.

>> No.23842946

Chaos is about as choppy as it gets in the current game. At least, without sucking.

>> No.23842991

Cool stuff. What do you happen to play and why? Just out of curiosity.

>> No.23843225

>>23842991
CSM main + IG allies.

I run a Chaos Lord with Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Blind Fury, and Sigil of Corruption, which is basically the Factory Standard Khorne Lord.

Two Rhino-mounted Berzerkers as troops.

Havocs with Autocannons.

Heldrake.

IG Infantry Platoon.

Vendetta.

Put those together, and you get a solid Chaos army that has assault threats.

>> No.23843345
File: 67 KB, 550x495, chaos-up-in-this-motherfucker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>23842946
Chaos is also good because you can choose your mileage on how much you give a shit about the hobby. If you have a big plot-boner, you can have a plotty army. If you like customizing, they're fantastic for conversions and sculpts and crazy color schemes. If you just like battles, battle on - and there's plenty of general-powered units to be functional without being an ace at tactics. You also never have to worry about being ignored by GW for decades.

>> No.23844214

Going up against IG with my CSM. Anyone got any tips?

I was thinking of bringing noise marines in groups of ten. They should mow down guardsmen in droves.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action