Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23766360 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Why havent you joined the greater good yet /tg/ ?

>> No.23766380

because you bought Bleach

>> No.23766384

>>23766360

>bleach

>> No.23766397

>>23766360

The Greater Good needs naught from the likes of you.

>> No.23766414

tau players confirmed for weaboo

>> No.23766420

>>23766414
Yeah this really doesn't help the argument that Tau aren't the de facto choice for those people.

>> No.23766428

>>23766397
0/10

>> No.23766431

I just want Kroot and new sexy fliers, gonna cram them into my IG army.

>> No.23766437

We agree, this "Greater Good" thing is delicious...

Succulent, truely, we need more of those!

>> No.23766443

>>23766420
i also dont understand why some people call eldar weaboos, they have nothing in common with japan....maybe a little with the rest of asia

in rogue trader they were like rock punks in tight pants, how does that scream weaboo to you guys?

>> No.23766450

Because Warhammer is too damned expensive.
What they charge 200 bucks for, I'd pay 30. MAYBE 50.

But charging me upwards of $400 for a 1500 point army that I THEN NEED TO ASSEMBLE AND PAINT MYSELF is fucking retarded.

>> No.23766457

>>23766443
I think it's more the whole "lifelong dedication to a single form of combat" thing.

Honestly, Incubi are the closest thing to anything Japanese in 40k I think besides Crisis suits.

>> No.23766459

>>23766450
get a job, pleb, and come back, rich people are talking

>> No.23766461

>>23766443
>Tau
>Rogue Trader

It's like you're not even trying, OP.

>> No.23766465

>>23766450
>I NEED TO ASSEMBLE AND PAINT MYSELF

Yeah, stick to checkers bro. If customization isn't for you, 40k isn't for you.

>> No.23766470

>>23766457
oh so they have bits of ancient asian culture in them

how does that relates to being weaboo?

>> No.23766474

>>23766443

They have Japanese themes to their aesthetics, particularly the flags on their backs. There's also the whole 'single pursuit of perfection' thing that's generally associated with grorious nippon.

Eldar are like a strange mix of Japanese, Celtic, Egyptian and 80s hair metal applied to magical elves in space.

>> No.23766479

>>23766461
you have no idea what you are talking about
learn to read

>> No.23766483

>>23766470
>glorification of Asian culture with a heavy Japanese influence

Seems pretty obvious.

>> No.23766492

>>23766483
>>23766474
so wait, we have 2 weaboo factions? dang

a-are dark eldar weaboo?

>> No.23766502

>>23766492

Eldar aren't really weaboo, they have some asian elements to their themes but it's nothing major.

DE raiders look really weaboo though.

>> No.23766503

>>23766492
I think just Incubi. I don't smell the stench on any other units.

>> No.23766512

>>23766503

You forgot the most glaringly obvious one.

>> No.23766526

>>23766512
I kinda got more of a Nightcrawler feel? The symbols, the shadow jumping, the teeth?

>> No.23766541

>>23766512
t>>23766512
e most weabowish unit of all

dem japs having sex with deamons and giving birth to demon children is sooooo edo era japan that was sarcasm

>>23766502
thats my original thought, but these guys keep saying otherwise

>> No.23766592

>>23766465
If it was actually about "customization", then nobody would have any problem with some random joe forming his own army out of tin cans and Popsicle sticks.

Paying 50 to 100 for an unassembled, unpainted figure is straight up highway robbery.

>> No.23766653

>>23766592
you are an idiot

>> No.23766658

>>23766526
They wear hakamas. Other than that, they don't have any Japanese influence. I've always felt Incubi are pretty much evil space elf samurai, tho.

Craftworld Eldar have sashimono banners, power swords that look a lot like katanas, weapons that shoot shurikens, Titans that look like they'd be at home in most super robot anime, and in some of the older fluff there's mentions of Eldar seers sitting in zen gardens writing haiku. They've lost a bit of the Japanese influence since Tau were made, tho, as Tau are supposed to be the manag/anime-inspire faction (primarily the designs; Tau culture is really more of a weird mix between ancient and modern China and the British empire).

>> No.23766663

>>23766658

>power swords that look a lot like katanas

Eldar powerswords typically look like scimitars.

>> No.23766670

>>23766360
Because I play, you know, a good army.

>> No.23766699

funny thing is, noone in japan wants anything to do with Tau, i guess there are some eldar players. But most are westaboos and plays grorious imperium

>> No.23766716

>>23766663
that one does.

>> No.23766720

>>23766670
Necrons or Guard?

>> No.23766725

>>23766716
all of them do

there isn't a single powersword looking like a katana with the possible exception of RT era art

>> No.23766732

>>23766443
Currently though they're katana wielding, shuriken throwing space elf ninjas.

>> No.23766751

>>23766592
>If it was actually about "customization", then nobody would have any problem with some random joe forming his own army out of tin cans and Popsicle sticks.

Few do, really.

>> No.23766753

>>23766732
>Scimitar wielding, shuriken shooting space elf mages

fixed your shit

>> No.23766757

>>23766732

Except they don't have katanas.

>> No.23766770

Because OP I joined during 3rd ed (then stopped then started again when Tau Empire hit).

Also I am not keen on the new farsight mini.

>> No.23766780

>>23766753
>space elf mages
>Implying weeaboo ninjas don't use magic

But yeah, I see your point. It's just that these kinds of accusations are always thrown at the tau as well.

Now granted, it is officially stated that the tau mecha design bas based on manga, but that's like saying eldar are weeaboo just because they use shuriken.

Or heck, the Imperium is weeaboo because they revere their emperor as a god.

>> No.23766781

>>23766751
I have a problem with that because its really not fun to play against, since most people I met using stand ins use fucking retarded stuff and dont know which unit is which themself half the time. Also, two fully painted armies on the table give me warm fuzzy feelings in the stomach, which is half the reason I still play. That said, if youre just testing out new stuff, go for it, but if youre just lazy/cheap, dont expect me to play you often. Atleast find someone to lend you an army or something.

>> No.23766800

>>23766720
CSM. I guess good army is subjective. Anything is better than Tau though...

RIGHT?

>> No.23766803

>>23766780
>but that's like saying eldar are weeaboo just because they use shuriken.

Not really. Tau design is an obvious attempt to to try and snare people into the weeaboo aestethic. Saying that the Eldar pew pew guns shoot ninja throwing star is kind of not nearly on the same level.

that said it's a retarded accusation anyway

>> No.23766811

>>23766780
>Or heck, the Imperium is weeaboo because they revere their emperor as a god.

because clearly only the japanese ever did that

>> No.23766815

>>23766443
>rock punks in tight pants, how does that scream weaboo to you guys?

I don't know, you tell me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4aWYiNKaX8

>> No.23767288

>>23766803
>Tau design is an obvious attempt to to try and snare people into the weeaboo aestethic.

And what "weeaboo aestethic" are we talking about? Last I checked, the weeaboo aesthetic involved swords and an overconfidence in how useful they would be on a modern battlefield.

>because clearly only the japanese ever did that

And only the Japanese were all about guns and mechs, right?

>> No.23767982

>Bleach
Cause I have some sentiment of taste

>> No.23768371

>>23766360
>Assembling the models before painting them.

What the hell? How are you going to paint their chest with the arms in the way?

>> No.23768402

>>23766699
That's because the Tau specifically evoke the 80s giant robot look and in Japan old things are horrible unless they get a nostalgia pass.

I remember reading an interview with someone who was making an anime encyclopedia and they mentioned companies insisting their 1999 anime came out in 2000 because they didn't want it to be thought of as old-fashioned.

>> No.23768414

>>23768371
>This bad level of painting
First assemling
Second green stuff any imperfection
Then you can think in painting

>> No.23768421

Because I like the lesser evil instead.

>> No.23768431

>>23766512
>Mandrakes
>They don't look like the offspring of a man and a drake

>> No.23768446

You came to the wrong neighborhood!

>> No.23768455

>>23767288
>And only the Japanese were all about guns and mechs, right?
You are right, because this just screams "tau" to me.

>> No.23768459

>>23768431
I use them in my Mordhem warband, shit is cash.

>> No.23768468

>>23766360

Because in the grim darkness of the far future there is no 'good'

>> No.23768491

>Bleach

>> No.23768520

>>23766360

It was cheaper to start dark angels.

>> No.23768542

>>23768520
>Cheaper
>Start
>40K
I'm 12 years old and what is this?

>> No.23768545

>>23766450

Only someone who doesn't play would care about having to assemble. There's 2/3 of the joy in three hobby. Its a

>> No.23768549

>>23768520
>It was cheaper to start dark angels.
So instead of costing you a leg and both kidneys, it only costed you both kidneys?

>> No.23768556

Because I'm not a preteen piece of shit who plays warhammer faggotry.

Did your mommy buy those armies for you or did you get a raise in your allowance for being a "big boy"?

Stay gay warhammer kiddies

>> No.23768562

>>23768371
How are you gonna see the lack fine details on the chest with the arms in the way?

>> No.23768571

>>23768556

>> No.23768573

>>23768542

I'm a warmachine player. Only picked up 40k to play with friends when they go fanboy. No desire to spend more on it.

>> No.23768577

>>23767288
>And what "weeaboo aestethic" are we talking about?

>> No.23768580

>>23768402
It's more that Japan goes crazy over the western stuff for the same reason as the weeaboos over here go crazy over the Japanese stuff. It's exotic.

>> No.23768586

>>23768580
40k could have been a lot bigger over there if they just marketed their nazi shit better.

>> No.23768605

>>23768586
Bigger does not always mean better...

Which is funny, because 40k's not even 'good'. Or decent....

>> No.23768610

Because I play Greek space elves instead

>> No.23768636

>>23768605
I meant what I said.

>> No.23768644

>>23768610
>Greek Space Elves
>mfw when I read a fluff piece about Eldar composing their death Haiku.

You silly silly man. Both armies are Weeabo trash/bait.

Admit it and accept it or role a superior army.

>> No.23768665

>>23768644
>eldar are Japanese

Whelp melting down my miniatures. I knew this army was shit. I only started because I wanted to be a hipster who played the least played army

>> No.23768679

>>23768556
Bitch, I know you an't saying that shit about Necromunda and Mordhem.

>> No.23768684

>>23768644
>role a superior army.
So you're failing English, I see... How's 10th grade for you, otherwise?

>> No.23768714

>>23768684
>YouTube tier grammar based ad hominem

What's it like being a monumental preteen faggot?

In other words a regular reddick poster

>> No.23768743

>>23768684
Pardon me, sir.

I got dizzy from seeing the same tired debate over and over and over and over again. I couldn't help it. Both Tau and Eldar fandoms are total morons who are so sensitive about this ''Weeabo'' charge. If you dislike your army being Japanese inspired, then ROLL another one rather than living in denial.

Sweet emperor it feels good to be a fan of a much better and lesser WEEABO faction. I bet you're jealous my western marines!

>> No.23768771

>>23768665
>I wanted to be a hipster who played the least played army

Yeah, you hit it right on the spot. You're all hipsters!

This explains why you're all such sensitive idiots!

>> No.23768816

>>23768743
I play eldar because this shit.
ffffuck they have sexy walkers.

>> No.23768947

>>23766360
'Cus krumpin' stuff iz good 'nuf!

>> No.23768952

>>23768743
>Is tired of the weeaboo arguments.
>tries to start another "speesh mehrine superior" argument.

Right... You know, most players of those armies wouldn't be so defensive about the whole weeaboo thing if it wasn't something the marine and guard players didn't constantly use it as an insult.

>> No.23768985

>>23768771
>You're all hipsters!
That's become such a 'go-to' insult for anytime you don't like someone who likes something you don't like.

>> No.23769007

Because BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD !!!

>> No.23769037

>>23768371
>>23768562
And all this time, I thought Abaddon's arms falling off was UNintentional...

>> No.23769055

>>23768743
>Sweet emperor it feels good to be a fan of a much better and lesser WEEABO faction. I bet you're jealous my western marines!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the mantra that marine-fags repeat to themselves every evening before bed. See the social rejection in fig. 3.1, and the need to fit in to a niche hobby community while simultaneously abhorring those who prefer a different flavor? Indeed it looks like Subject A has an acute case of having rolled a Charisma score of 7, or possibly 8. Now I know it's a terrible thing to witness, and we all feel a need to intervene or help this poor individual. And though it may seem cruel to leave him, it is nature's way to let him learn on his own...

>> No.23769125

>>23768952
Being thin skinned is no excuse and caring for what others think to this degree is pathetic, and don't be throwing this on the Marines and IG.

It's mostly Tau and Eldar playing Hot Potato with the term ''Weeabo''. It was fun for the first hundred times, but it gets dull after Ten thousand.

>>23768985
To be fair to me, you used it first to describe yourself. I found it appropriate.

You're arguing in manner similar to hipsters arguing with each other on whose genre is more Mainstream while the entire world yells WHO CARES?!

>> No.23769141

>>23769055

Professor, do people actually live like that? How long do they typically last in a normal social environment?

>> No.23769155

Ooga booga!
Where da blueberries at?

>> No.23769192

>>23769125
It's not so much as it is being thin-skinned as it is getting tired of being insulted by Imperium players simply for picking up the army. The first hundred somewhat times maybe is camaraderie. But when they start using it in conjunction with terms that aren't so endearing in light of victories or losses, that's when it gets tiring.

>> No.23769257

>>23769125
>and don't be throwing this on the Marines and IG.

But it is. Nine out of ten times it's an Imperium player who starts the debate by tossing in "weeaboo" amongst a slurry of insults. Eldar and tau playing hot potato with the term is especially sad in that light.

Your coming in with "go play the superior space marines" doesn't really help either.

>> No.23769293

>>23769125
How would you react if you were constantly told you're a fascist for playing an imperial army ? Because it's that kind of retardness.

>> No.23769322

>>23769141
Average expectancy varies, but there are some who live for 40 or more years. They can often be identified by vast amounts of hair growing from their facial and neck regions. Some even develop a distinctive wheezing call, or exhibit pungent odors.

>> No.23769330

>>23769125
>To be fair to me, you used it first to describe yourself
Uh... no I didn't.

>> No.23769376

>>23769293
>implying Imperial players in general aren't far more obnoxious.
>implying there aren't far more imperial players with "holier than thou" complexes
>implying somebody who plays a non-imperial army hasn't had to deal with this shit since day-1 of entering the hobby
>implying that was wildfire that sank Davos' boat

>> No.23769575

>>23767982
gintama is better

>> No.23769583

>> No.23770540

>>23769583
>Japan is the most advanced society in the world

US alone publishes more scientific journals annually than china, uk, and Japan combined. Stopped reading there.

>> No.23770558

>BLEACH
confirmed for plebian anime
manga
I like the part of bleach where there was filler.
oh wait, it;s 90% filler.

>> No.23770571

>>23769007
DID SOMEONE SAY BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD?

>> No.23771999

>>23766414
And this is why I'm making my Tau 'nam themed.

>> No.23776281

>>23771999
Tea drinking pith helmeted British Tau are Best Tau

and don't forget his faith kroot manservant

>> No.23776826

>>23766360
Too buisy pushin yer shit in ya git.

>> No.23777222

>>23766592
>Paying 50 to 100 for an unassembled, unpainted figure is straight up highway robbery.

You're an idiot. They are well made, and GW has a ton of people on staff.

>> No.23777248

>>23766770
>I am not keen on the new farsight mini.

WHAT?! The new Farsight looks miles ahead of the old Farsight

>> No.23777568

>>23777222
So much that they need to raise the price of their models every year? Please, they're just pushing the market to see how far they can go right now.

>> No.23778011

>>23777222
>>23777248

GW defense force pls go

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action