Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 22 KB, 370x250, M1870111_SlaaneshP2Mb3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23464349 No.23464349 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So /tg/
I am a new WH40K player, slowly raising up my chaos forces. I did what seemed like the best thing to do, I got Dark Vengeance and will be using that for my entire chaos force for the time being, plus 1 squad of noise marines and doomrider, I'm also converting 3rd party models into a forgefiend and vindicator

So here's what I have basically
2 squads of 10 noise marines with some left overs
1 squad of 20 heretics
5 termies/ 2 squads of obliterators
3 bikes /4 adding doomrider
1 Helbrute
1 Forgefiend
1 Vindicator

So now I'm thinking of what I should get next. Off the top of my head a heldrake would be nice because my buddy, the one I'm starting with now has 2 stormraven gunships, so I'm thinking a flyer or something that can deal with flyers. What's your opinion
I'm going for a Emperor's Children army, but I am switching marks on units, that's ok right?

>> No.23464371

Heldrakes rape marines. Get several.

>> No.23464375

>>23464371
Fill my fast attack with all heldrakes?

>> No.23464382

>>23464375
Fuck ya, the rest are shit and not worth the points.

Use baleflamers..

>> No.23464390

>>23464382
I heard baleflamers are pretty great, don't they move the flamer template like 12 inches forward or something before rolling to hit and all that jazz?

>> No.23464440

As for my army so far, still not sure what do with them

Right now, I have a chaos lord in termie armor using the black mace, but after my first game with that and seeing threads on /tg/ about the daemon prince using it, I decided to not used the black mace, but now I don't know what to use.

I'm also conflicted on how I should use noise marines, should I give them 2 blast masters and have them sit back? Or should I give them bolters/sonic blasters and assault? I also think for the time being I will use my left over marines not in any squad has havocs still I can some real ones. I'm debating on MoN or MoK on my cultist. Since I want them as a meatshield I might go with MoN. Not sure if I want to use the termies as termies, or just proxy them as oblits for now. Might use them as termies for a retinue with my chaos lord next time I play.

I'm just not sure what kinda gameplay I wanna go with right now. Any opinions from fellow emperors children players on what kinda gameplay I should be lookin at?

Oh yah, I really need to get rhino's for my noise marines too

>> No.23464522

>>23464440
Black mace on daemon prince due to strength

2 blast masters, it's what makes them so awesome.

Cultists are useful for numbers, don't increase their cost if you dont have too - pretty much every weapon kills them outright with a 4+ even with MoN.

Oblits are gay.

>> No.23464538

>>23464522
I don't have a daemon prince yet which is why I'm using a chaos lord

And are oblits the good gay "Man they're so gay I hate fighting them" or the bad gay "They're so gay they can't kill anything"

>> No.23465134

>>23464538
The decent gay. Sometimes havocs might be more useful, but Oblits are still solid enough.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action