Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23460316 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Question: How many of you Warhammer players don't like D&D? How many D&D fans don't like Warhammer? There never seems to be any crossover discussion about the two, so I'm interested to see what the rest of /tg/ thinks.

>> No.23460357

I like both, but then I like most geek things.

>> No.23460396

>>23460316
I love how that kid behind him gives no fucks and doe his dunk anyway

>> No.23460408

I've been playing D&D in one form or another since 1995 but I acknowledge that it is a flawed system in every form, and its flaws run deep. I still love it.

But you're right, I don't like Warhammer. However, I stay out of Warhammer threads, because this board is for both the D&D fans and the Warhammer fans. Nerds should be able to peacefully co-exist together, not fight each other for whose nerdy hobby is least bad.

>> No.23460419

>>23460396
Thanks for making me like the .gif even more, haha.

>> No.23460465

I play D&D. I don't play warhammer. Not because I dislike the concept or anything - I've just never gotten into it and I'm not into painting or collecting miniatures, and I don't have the money for it anyway.

I have blood bowl on my computer and I like playing that. But that's really stretching what we call warhammer, I think.

>> No.23460504

I don't like the mechanics of either.

I'd much rather play something with a modern gaming engine ... storygames if I'm going to roleplay, or something like Black Powder or Bolt Action if pushing figs around a table.

>> No.23460514

>>23460316

I used to play both. What kind of crossover are you talking about?

>> No.23460544

I play both. Mostly warhammer/warmachine because my gaming crew is too selfconcious and inconsistant to play DnD for any length of time. Dayum.

>> No.23460630

>>23460316
Another D&D-but-no-Warhammer here. Honestly I'm not that enamored of D&D, either -- I don't hate it, and I won't generally turn my nose up at a game, but if it's that or almost any other system I'll probably go with the other system.

Notable exceptions include Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and WFRP. (I really don't like Warhammer.)

>There never seems to be any crossover discussion about the two
Why would there be? I was under the impression that the above three systems covered whatever impetus one would have to cross the two over. Alternately, if you want D&D-styled tabletop wargames... then I have no idea what you'd do. Resurrect Chainmail, possibly?

>>23460408
Yeah. I wouldn't even mention the above, except that OP specifically asked; I generally just stay out of Warhammer threads, and everybody's happy with that.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action