Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23376067 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

/tg/!

I was playing warhammer 40k the other day, and someone said Khârn the Betrayer could kick Commissar Yarrick's ass, and not Khorne could kick Gork and Mork's ass.

Is this HERESY?!

>> No.23376104

Kharn is the chosen of khorne, veteran of countless encounters. Yes, he probably could. Gork and Mork are another story altogether

>> No.23376169

First rule of Heresy:
If you have to ask if it is Heresy, then it is Heresy.

Also Gork and Mork tore nurgle a new one, literally, so I think Khorne would have his teeth kicked in.

And Yarrick can't die cause orkz KNOW he can't die.

Kharn can die, but is always brought back from the warp, Yarrick can't die, period.

>> No.23376187

He's showing knowledge of Chaos and saying its best dudes are better than the Imperium's best dudes.

>> No.23376210

>>23376169
Khorne is, In martial combat anyway, the most powerful chaos god, And I personally think he would kick the ever loving fuck out of Gork and Mork

>> No.23376223

>>23376210

>> No.23376238

No one get to beat Yarrick, if Kharn tried, Ghazkull would just show up out of nowhere and beat Kharn.
B-Because the only one who can beat Yarrick is Ghazkull, not that he care about him or anything!

>> No.23376344

>>23376210
>Implying anyone can beat D Generation X of Warp

>> No.23376390

>>23376223
>Also Gork and Mork tore nurgle a new one, literally, so I think Khorne would have his teeth kicked in.

It's a false Myth and not a fact.

The Chaos Gods are the most powerful entities in the Warp, and Khorne is the mightiest Deity of them all.

>> No.23376413

>>23376390
Every codex says it's army or gods are the best or most powerful at anything. Unless marines or Eldar are involved. In which case Eldar always lose, and Marines always win in everyone else's codices.

Pro-Tip: Try looking back further into RT/2e books. Gork and Mork did indeed beat the ever loving shit out of Nurgle, and even Khorne tends to give them a wide berth.

>> No.23376422

What about on the table?

>> No.23376429

>>23376413
Lies on the Nurgle thing.

It's a myth and nothing more.

There is nothing that indicates that Gork and Mork are stronger than the Chaos Gods. Certainly not stronger than the Lord of Battle.

>> No.23376454

>>23376429
We orks don't fight for battle, but for stompa!
Stop mucking aroun' umie. Da Spiky Gods are puny, like the Emprebozz.

>> No.23376457

>>23376390
Gork and Mork beat up Nurgle for corrupting orkz, this scared the other gods into not doing it.

If Khorne wasn't scared of Gork and Mork, then why doesn't khorne just corrupt all the simple minded orkz?

Orkz: All da pointz
Spikey Boyz: Nuffin

>> No.23376469

>>23376429
>It's not true because I really, REALLY don't want it to be!
I got more bad news: there's no such thing as Santa Claus.

>> No.23376474

>>23376390
Know why the Chaos gods are so powerful? Because of the billions of people that feel their respective emotion echoing in the warp. Know which species is possibly the most numerous out there and is nearly constantly in a state of aggression? Da Orks.

Wonder which gods get more juice from their followers.

>> No.23376476

>>23376390
>The Chaos Gods are the most powerful entities in the Warp, and Khorne is the mightiest Deity of them all.
>Implying Gork and Mork aren't Chaos Gods
>Implying all codexes aren't full of myths and nonfacts, chaos codex included

>> No.23376480

>>23376429
>Lies on the Nurgle thing.
Oh look... you must be new to 40k! Tell me, what edition did you start at? 5th? Oh, 4th? Wow! That was sooooooooooooo long ago!

>> No.23376489

>>23376429
>Certainly not stronger than the Lord of Battle.
But they don't have to be stronger when one's more brutally cunning, and the other is more cunningly brutal.
Granted, this amounts to Mork(Gork) talking to Khorne, and while he's distracted, Gork(Mork) flips him around and punches him in the face, causing Khorne to fall over Mork(Gork) who's dropped to all fours behind him.

Orkz:1

Other gitz:0

>> No.23376508

>>23376457
>Gork and Mork beat up Nurgle for corrupting orkz, this scared the other gods into not doing it.

Welcome to reality ''Ork Boy''. The Orks are not safe from Nurgle and certainly not from CHAOS ITSELF.

Chaos can not be denied.

>If Khorne wasn't scared of Gork and Mork, then why doesn't khorne just corrupt all the simple minded orkz?

Because they are already his in a way. He feeds on the Orks!

Also...have you heard of the Blood Boyz?

>> No.23376519

>>23376469
>think about santa claus
>his sleigh is red
>his suit is red
SO DATZ 'OW HE GIVE GIFTZ SO FAST

>> No.23376536

>>23376476
Some myths can be seen as false.

Such as the Nurgle Ork myth. Want me to dig up more fluff about Orks being corrupted by Nurgle?

>> No.23376562

>>23376508
You know what happenz to no-good spiky ork?
He getz stomped for non bein green.
Cause green iz best, and maybe they can trick zome squig brained orkz, but any bozz worthy of his pole will zee that they ar mucking about, cauze he is da bozz, and cunnin like a gretching.
And we don't fight for konker or killin, but for dakka and choppin. Coz in ork, best friend iz da same word for best enemy. It'z a kultutal exchange, az the blu guyz say.

>> No.23376569

>>23376508
>Chaos can not be denied.
Actually it can.

Orks so rarely fall to chaos because so few are willing to stop following what they perceive as the 'biggest and strongest gods'. To the Orks, the chaos gods are miniscule 'umie-trash, unworthy of their respect. The-Waaagh effect also further reduces the chances of any chaos-cults forming, as Orks are intuitively aware of any genestealer or chaos cults in their midst. This is because any corrupted or hybrid ork doesn't register on the psychic duct-tape mind-chanlel that is The-Waaagh phenomenon, and thus the surrounding ork warbands/tribes/waaaaghs rally and eradicate the deviants/infected with the same zeal they hold for waging war against anything non-ork (i.e. putting aside their clan/tribe differences to fight a better fight). Hence, Chaos Ork warbands, while *possible*, are an extraordinary rarity. Much rarer and less likely than say finding a long-forgotten cache of geneseed implants, a primarch's favored weapon, or a daemon-prince seeking retribution.

>> No.23376570

>>23376508
Reds is more of a nob, if his warstories are to be believed.

>> No.23376588

>>23376508
>Because they are already his in a way. He feeds on the Orks!
No, he doesn't. Orks fight not because of sadistic murder, but rather for the fun of it. They don't feed Khorne at all. What you're thinking of is the Khornate Stormboys, a Rogue-Trader era stormboy unit of khornate orks. Which have been retconned out and no longer exist (except as fannon).

>> No.23376600

>>23376569
It explicitly says that the reasons orks dont turn is because they're content. Humans are not.

>> No.23376624

If god isn't real then why doesn't he just chop all dat gitz and goes and stompping on them grotz?!

Christians - 0
Atheists - 0
Orkz - All da numbberz.

>This thread in a nutshell.

>> No.23376634

>>23376569
What is more rare, chaos ork warband, or freebooter orkz that work for the imperium?

Thats what I run, I use badrukk's head for my big mek.

Boss BlundaBuss, 'ez called.

Cuz 'is ride in trukkz, which like busses, and are shoota boyz, so dey like use blunderbusses, which are used by pirates. Ya see?

>> No.23376642

>>23376562
>>23376569
As I said. Khorne feeds on the Orks whither they know it or not. Khorne IS the God of War of this Universe. You can't deny him his cut, nobody can.

Gork and Mork are nothing to the Four.

>The Green Death

WHERE IS YOUR GODS NOW, BOYZ?!

NURGLE ALSO WANTS HIS CUT!

>> No.23376660

>>23376588
Khorne could feed in the psychic wake of the Orks though. Anywhere an Ork waaagh hits is going to be churning up emotions that benefit Khorne, so even if they don't actually fall to Chaos orks do serve the Gods.

>> No.23376673

>>23376588
MORE LIES BY THE XENOPHILE.

All bloodshed in this Universe is done in Khornes name.

>> No.23376679

>>23376634
>What is more rare, chaos ork warband, or freebooter orkz that work for the imperium?

Chaos Orks. The Blood Axes clan is well known for hiring itself out as mercenaries to Imperial fringe-worlds, Tau septs, or any beleaguered species. They take payments in the form of guns, tanks, aircraft, etc. It's therefore rather common to see Blood Axe warbands outfitted to resemble other races/armies. Such as 'Death Korps of Waaagh', or "For Da Greatah Waaagh", etc.

>> No.23376696

>>23376536
Orks can be corrupter by Nurgle and Khorne, Stormboys are rebelling Ork youths and Gork&Mork smashed Nurgle to make Orks immune to diseases that keep them from being proper orky.

All is true and all is a mythical lie at the same time. W40k canon.

>> No.23376706

>>23376679
>Deathkorps
>Hiring mercenaries
>Hiring ORK mercenaries

>> No.23376713

>>23376642
>Hurr durr, where is your gods now!?

>Oh no... 0.0000000001% of the Ork population in the universe fell to Nurgle. We are clearly beaten.

>> No.23376717

>>23376673
orkz don't buleeve dat khorne gets powa from dem

DUS KHORNE DONT GET POWA FROM DEM

WAAAGH

>> No.23376718

>some douche with a bolt pistol, power claw and carapace armor versus
>some asshole wearing power armor, wielding a plasma pistol and Gorechild, a weapon of adamantite featuring the teeth of a mica dragon
>is also the champion of the Blood god

>suggesting yarrick getting buttsecksed is somehow heresy

Facts are heresy?

>> No.23376725

That when /tg/ really annoy me, when it have double standard about in universe stories.
Story depicting tau as relatively god guys ? Propaganda
Story showing an eventual hope for Imperium or eldar ? Meh, legends
Actual legend talking about the most absent gods beating the crap out of one of the big 4 ? Totally legit, because nothing is more reliable than an old ork legend talking about how awesome orks are, right ?

You're basically thinking like orks, that TIDF level, only with orks and without even realising you are being in character.

>> No.23376734

>>23376696
>Gork&Mork smashed Nurgle to make Orks immune to diseases that keep them from being proper orky.

Look at
(>>23376508)
(>>23376642)

Immune my spikey arse. Rather the truth of Chaos than the myths of the Xenos Scum.

>> No.23376736

>>23376718
>yarrick gets knocked down
>stands back up
Ol' One Eye can't die, ya git.

>> No.23376749

>>23376718
Everything is heresy, gentle Anon.

>> No.23376755

>>23376660
Except that Ork emotions are not the same. They actually have to fall to chaos to actually be of any benefit to the chaos gods. Orks don't Waaagh for glory, or for bloodshed. They Waaagh because they simply enjoy fighting. The concept of 'peace' doesn't exist to them. Just fighting. The universe of 40k is the Ork end-game. They've won, this is just them living out their dreams of a perfect universe where there's nothing but fightin' wherever they go. Sure some of them die, but who cares!? They're living their paradise!

>> No.23376759

>>23376736
Just because the orks think hes invincible, doesnt mean that power extends to when and if he faces the forces of chaos. Also, orks cant will a person to be immortal

>> No.23376772

>>23376736

>yarrick gets a plasma blast through his chest
>followed by Gorechild liberating his head from his body

>> No.23376773

posting this just to remind people, everybody fears the orks.

>> No.23376774

>>23376489
>Gork and Mork are so powerful that they bully the other gods rather than fighting them

>> No.23376780

>>23376673
>Hurr Moar lies!

As you quote Rogue Trader... Kudos on that. Pity you seem to forget it was retconned.

>> No.23376785

>>23376755
Lies.

Orks feed Khorne. Khorne does feed on Orkish emotions and If the Orks indulge a little too much of their emotions? They become the Blood Boyz.

>> No.23376786

>>23376773

>> No.23376788

>>23376713
I know right?

Why are people in this thread showing exceptions as rules and not just posting pictures involving orkz?

Orks are highly resilient to illness.

"No they aren't this one tim-"

stop right there, this 1 time. once. it's not a rule, it's an exception.

>> No.23376791

>>23376772
>Master rusemanship followed by Yarrick riding a warship up Kharn's ass

>> No.23376794

>>23376772
Its more likely he'll go to block with that Ork claw, The axe would chew through that, then his face, through his body, then blast through his cock and balls.

>> No.23376798

>>23376786

>> No.23376809

>>23376798

>> No.23376819

>>23376759
Indeed. The Orks also just revere him as a 'good opponent'. Which is about the highest honor orks give to anything not-ork. They respect him as being a solid fight, but they don't see him as some immortal and unkillable hero of humanity.

>> No.23376827

>>23376713
Myth says something and the reality shows something else. Got a hint yet?

Only a Xenophile would be this dense!

>> No.23376828

>>23376736
Yarrick could of died during his late capture and torture by Ghazghkull, but Ghazghkull let him free because he thought it would be more fun to have a worthy opponent to fight all the time rather then steamroll over Armageddon.

The only reason Yarrick is alive is because he has Cain-levels of bullshit close encounters and because Ghazghkull wants him around for a long time.

>> No.23376836

>>23376788
>Ork Fortress 2
I came.

>> No.23376849

>>23376725
Could it be that /tg/ is full of multiple people, each with different views and beliefs who form separate opinions? Naah. Buncha no good hypocrites..

>> No.23376850

>>23376809
this one right here is important for them 'umies

>> No.23376864

>>23376827
Apparently you missed the hint about how (while possible), so few warbands/clans/waaaghs fall to chaos. And those that do are more often than not put down by other clans/warbands/waaaghs.

Yes, congratulations on Phil Kelly sucking your dick and adding a blurb about an insignificant chaos ork tribe. That's nice and all. It doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of chaos Orks end up a bloody smear across some blasted landscape by their own kin. Hence, 0.0000000001% of the Ork population fell to nurgle... oh noes.

>> No.23376866

>>23376850

>> No.23376881

>>23376673
Are there ork demon princes?
I don't think so.

>> No.23376897

>>23376881
Gork and Mork don't divide out their power like Chaos gods do. However I have seen some armies of Gork/Mork "Daemons", using codex: Daemons and running Ork-daemons and daemonprinces of Gork/Mork under count-as Nurgle/Khorne Daemon armies.

>> No.23376943

>>23376864
The Hint is that the Orks are not immune to Nurgle and that myth about Gork and Mork beating Nurgle and making them immune? Is false like all your Xenos crap.

Greater Daemons of Nurgle often comment on how Orks are great vectors for their diseases and pestilence. Even if a few in Orks fall it's gonna be a heck of significant number. Also another thing according to FFG, Blood Boyz are banished and not killed. So there can be a healthy population of Chaos Orks out there!

Again, I must say it until it sticks. Khorne feeds on the Orks as well. They are already HIS! It doesn't matter if they fall or not.

>> No.23376954

>>23376600
Which is one off the stupidest thing in 40k, if being carefree was enough to protect against chaos, it wouldn't be such a matter.
Also it's plainly wrong : killing because fun is a khorne thing, many khornate are doing exactly that. Orks feel fear, envy, they really hate, they are often obsessed and excessive ...

If chaos orks aren't much present in fluff, it's only because of thematics, because they logically should be the most chaotic force of the galaxy.

>> No.23376962

>>23376943
>still roleplaying in a discussion thread

>> No.23376965

>>23376169
>First rule of Heresy:
>If you have to ask if it is Heresy, then it is Heresy.
This

>> No.23376983

>>23376897
I really have the feeling that Gork and Mork actually don't exist at all. Orks just have a collective psychic thing.
We don't see anything about them that couldn't be explained but simple psychic power. The orks Gods have never acted outside of legends, they haven't daemons, they doesn't mutate anyone, they basically do nothing, ever.

>> No.23376988

>>23376962
I am not roleplaying.

I just think that Chaos is fluff is superior to the Xenos crap fluff.

Seriously, You guys are functioning on a level I can't understand.

>> No.23377021

>>23376943
No one ever said "they were immune", you autistic fuck-job! They're resilient. Orks DO and CAN fall to chaos. They CAN succumb to illness. But they ARE resilient to both disease, and chaos cults, because they have a "might is right" and "survival of the fittest" society. They actively seek to put down those who are not acting "proppa and Orky", and generally speaking their robust and hardy physiques are not as susceptible to disease as a squishier, human or frail and weedy eldar is. In terms you *might* be able to understand, it's like the difference between having a Constitution of 8 as an Eldar, 12 as a human, and 18 as an Ork. A nat-20 disease will still crit all of them.

>> No.23377058

>>23376988
you got the asparagus

>> No.23377087

>>23376983
>I really have the feeling that Gork and Mork actually don't exist at all. Orks just have a collective psychic thing.
>implying this is not how all warpstuff is

>> No.23377091

>>23377021
>No one ever said "they were immune", you autistic fuck-job!

HAHA Lies.

You Ork boys continue to spout this utter falsehood at ever given chance. Even when corrected, you continue to be stubborn about it. You have an urge to spread lies about your favorite Xeno faction and make them look better and its a damn hard job to dispel all those lies!

>>23377058
And you got Xenophila.

Get it fixed, ASAP, It's highly contiguous

>> No.23377117

>>23376988
>Seriously, You guys are functioning on a level I can't understand.
Not hard to see, considering how your argument(s) basically consist of "NO YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE WHAT I LIKE IS MOAR BETTERER".

Hell with comments like "xenos crap fluff", you sure you're not really a Ward fag, sucking the cack of Marneus Spiritual Liege Calgar? You're insignificant chaos shit is garbage compared to the raw might of Captain Wesley Draigo Crusher, the unkillable stain in your precious realm of all-powerful deities. I mean really... how incompetent do you have to be if you (as an all powerful chaos god) can't even take down one miniscule mortal kicking over your sand-castles, and sending you fleeing in terror of him?

>> No.23377125

>>23376983
All gods (human, ork, eldar, otherwise) exist in the warp through belief and worship. That's how they gain power.

>> No.23377153

>>23376798
>Just gnored the Warcry of Khorne
>somehow this makes them stronger than Khorne

So they never actually fought!

>> No.23377170

>>23377117
There is so much wrong with you that I can't even begin.

How about you tone down the homophobia, okay?

polite sage.

>> No.23377172

>>23377125

Eldar gods were warp entities made by the Old ones.

>> No.23377177

>>23377091
gork and mork are the best gods because i say so. the proof is that i say so.

gork n mork:1
humie spiky boy gods:0

>> No.23377178

>>23377091
>You Ork boys continue to spout this utter falsehood (being immune to chaos) at ever given chance.

>They're resilient. Orks DO and CAN fall to chaos. They CAN succumb to illness. But they ARE resilient to both disease, and chaos cults, because they have a "might is right" and "survival of the fittest" society.

WAT?

Nowhere have I EVER said they were 'immune'. They are simply resilient. Quit being fucking autistic in the literal definition of the term. Go ahead, look it up! I'm directly stating you have a severely impaired ability when it comes to social interaction.

>> No.23377190

>>23377170
>tone down the homophobia
>*hahaohwow.jpg.tif.png*

>> No.23377222

I feel almost a little bad for the Ork fans, since they are the beat stick of Warhammer.

GW only put their victory clause in so they don't care if they lose battle after battle after battle.

>> No.23377226

I feel like I should abandon thread, but its so interesting to watch this play out.

>> No.23377240

And on this day, one autistic fuckhead derailed an Ork thread with his Chaos wank. And Gork n Mork wept in the Warp.

I play Chaos and you're even annoying me.

>> No.23377243

Orks were designed as the inmunological system of the galaxy.
They were tailored to stop the necrontyr in the heaven war.
They are designed to develope to the level they can curb any civilization.They existed long before the chaos gods gained presence.

>> No.23377251

>>23377222
The whole point of Orks though is to lose or win in the most hilarious way possible though.

Like when you have half your army die from infighting, or exploding trukks, or from Shokk-attack gunz blowing huge holes in your boyz.

>> No.23377257

>>23377172
Yes, and they gain power (and existed) through the belief and worship of the Eldar. The Chaos gods directly feed on emotion and conscious though patterns, and exist and grow in power through emotion. The Emperor's warp-essence and psychic beacon is kept alive (and shining) through the faith of humanity, and a steady diet of 1,000 psyker souls a day.

Gork and Mork exist. They are two titanic entities in the Warp who (much like the race that worships and believes in them) can never truly be beaten. They laugh off attacks, and generally go around like a pair of drunken louts, picking fights wherever they can. Think of the warp like a bar or pub of sorts. In the corner you have Isha crying over her wine, as Nurgle tries to woo her. Slaanesh is the barfly whore who's hitting it up with everything of any gender. Tzeentch is the master calculator who's won ever pool game for the past billion years. And Khorne is the angry drunk with a knife, who refuses to be beaten at pool (yet again). And in stumbles the drunken cockney soccer hooligans, who've been out on the town drinking since the first Ork spore was formed by the old ones. And they's lookin fer a fight.

>> No.23377264

>>23377172
Isn't it just a fan theory ?

>> No.23377280

>>23377222
fun fact: If the orks win, then the universe will be forever at war. Orks have already won, and are just mukkin' about having a grand old time. They don't need to conquest to survive, they conquest cause it's the right orky thing to do.

>> No.23377286

>>23377251
No, that's just what the designers (specifically the ones who aren't too fond of Orks) have done to them. And really, Orks in 40k don't die from infighting.

>> No.23377289

>>23377178
Look up and see this above.

Had I not shown the Orks to be corruptible by Nurgle, you guys would have continued the lie of their immunity. This resilient crap you spouted is just your form of meek compromise.

>>23377240
Sorry, to rain on your parade.

But it had to be done. Too long have the Orks fan been free to terrorize and bully everyone!

>> No.23377290

>>23377251

If that's the case, then why are the LOL RANDUMB units almost universally ignored? Being the joke army only extends so far.

>> No.23377292

I saw this coming, you fools didn't listen!

We need orky pictures, orky pictures now!
Stop listening to the idiot! This is not a very orky thread at all!

>> No.23377317

>>23377178
Well, some in the thread were arguing orks were totally immune, but yes he's being a dick to you while you were reasonable.
Though I still think it would make more sense if orks were the N°1 chaos battery, and that it isn't the case for the sole purpose of keeping some thematics.

>> No.23377322

>>23377243
The Eldar won the War.

The korks were mentioned so maybe they were retconned along with the Pariahs.

>> No.23377324

>>23376169
They have also beat the ever living piss out of khorne, so we dont even need to speculate.

G&M are the most powerful gods in the warp.
They just act like orks (Obviously.) so dont make eye contact and they wont bother you.

>> No.23377343

>>23377222
To be honest, GW's constant 'beat-sticking' of the Orks, and the general autism and asshole nature of marine/chaos fanboys, are what drove me from 40k. The orks were at one time the only army I loved playing. I built 6 fucking armies of them, loved their clans, and had a blast playing the game. All that pretty much went away with 5th, the advent of the "no-fun zone armies" (i.e. GK, BA, etc.), and the general asshole self-entitled nature of much of the player-base.

>> No.23377347

>>23377322
weren't*

>> No.23377353

>>23376210
sigh...

>> No.23377368

For GorkenMork!

>> No.23377372

>>23376210
Heres a tip kid, everyone thinks youre an idiot because G&M already beat down khorne like a red headed step child...

>> No.23377376

>>23377343

I'm not an Orkz player myself, but the Orkz(and the other alien races, to an extent) need more victories in the fluff.

Very boring when it's always guard and space marines winning all the time.

>> No.23377381

>>23377324
>>23377372
Source it, boys.

>> No.23377404

>>23377368
Posting Orks in an Ork thread, fuck all this other bullshit.

>> No.23377412

>>23377376
FFS

The Ork Codex is full of victories. What more do you want? Sheesh...Even the new Rulebook gave you the Beast fluff.

>> No.23377422

>>23377324
Wait.
Gork&Mork actually exist and they call the Warp their favourite habitat?

>> No.23377426

>>23377289
>Look up and see this above.
What the fuck are you going on about? You seem to think you spawned some great idea that Orks are corruptible by Nurgle, as if you're a patron fucking saint of some long-known concept. What do you want, a medal-of-valor for informing the general (misguided) masses of /tg/ that, while rare, it's possible for Orks to succumb to Nurgle's diseases? You're talking about misinformed fanboys who still think Orks can shoot bullets from empty lead-pipes on willpower alone! And I should know, because I'm one of the first to step in such rampant wankery threads and say "actually, the-waaagh works more like psychic WD-40". Sit the fuck down little kid, and shut the fuck up. Let the long-established warboss take care of beating some learnin' into the yoofs. All you do is piss people off.

>> No.23377432

>> No.23377436

>>23377412

The Orkz codex is more than six years old.

>> No.23377468

>>23376536
Yes please find it and post it. :)

>> No.23377485

All the "HERPDERPORKSBELIEVEITMUSTBETRUE" fanboys should go out and read a book.

Preferably a non-/tg/ related one.

>> No.23377504

>>23377170
welcome to 4chan. You must be a fag, we're all fags here.

>> No.23377528

>>23377289
thank you oh mighty anonymous, you have enlightened me to the true nature of 40k fluff! I was blind, and now I see!

ALL HAIL ANONYMOUS, SAVIOR OF THE INTERNETS.

but seriously, just fuck off.

>> No.23377548

>>23376725
So where did the nurgle / khorne orks go?

They did rough up nurgle and he was told to fuck off and did so.

As far as 40k mythology goes G&M making the chaos gos fuck off is one of the myths with an abundance of examples.

Deal with it.

>> No.23377581

>>23377290
A lot of that is because the worst "LOL RANDUMB" offenders are the units that aren't balanced appropriately for their randomized effects. Lootas for instance are balanced out to basically be an Ork with an autocannon. d3 shots works out to be statistically identical to 2 shots, and the Dakkagun fills the same niche role as "versatile anti medium-armor". Hence they get used. Other random effect units tend to be balanced not on their mid-range, but rather their 'upper range' effect. I.E. current Zzap Guns, which are extremely lackluster due to being an AT gun that averages Str 7. It is extremely bad for an AT gun to average a 9+ strength value 36% of the time, with a BS of 3, rolling strength value once for an entire battery, and having only 1d6 armor pen. Especially when it's not pointed appropriately (or readily available) for how bad it is. The Wyrdboy also has issues because his abilities are particularly lackluster with 5th/6th's "psychic power devastation" abilities, and he's arguably the leas-survivable, and least useful psyker in the game. Especially since he offers no real psychic defense, and is effortless shut down by as little as a single Farseer.

This is the issue with GW's LOL-RANDUMB attempts with Orks. They more often than not try to make random-effect units/stats/abilities/weapons that are balanced on the top end, or overcosted for what they do. Other examples from other games, include 7th ed's infamous "Animosity", where any given unit had a 1-in-3 chance each turn of doing something you didn't want it to do.

>> No.23377602

>>23377485

>> No.23377637

>>23376780
But i want my half eldar space marines and talking tyranids back!!!!

Just like most chaos / imperial players they have to pick and choose the fluff they follow to pretend the orks dont rule the universe and the warp.

>> No.23377642

>>23377602

>> No.23377675

>>23377170
Suck my cock, faggot.

>> No.23377677

>>23377117
What do you have against based Ward?

>> No.23377692

>>23377548
They just aren't used. The reasons for that is because chaos orks is all about themes. We got the Imperium, which have to fight against all kind of enemies : xenos like the orks, traitors and chaos. If 40k was less Imperium centric, we could see more non-human chaos like chaos orks, or chaos eldar.
This legend is the fluff justification for that, and it's a very weak one.

>> No.23377711

>>23377581

You forgot the chance that your overcosted "heavy" armor will occasionally blow itself the fuck up.

I'd really rather not have to play my konverted Ork vehicles as counts-as-IG.

>> No.23377722

>>23377692
ork fanboyz pls prove things
lel nah i'm going to spot unfalsifiable bullshit conjecture now

reedy git pls leave

>> No.23377752

>>23377292
Who's the bloke in the red shirt on the furthest left truck (if its an injoke, im new to this board, i used to browse /mlp/ alot but i've decided i've got better things things to do with my time)

>> No.23377778

>>23377752

Gaston.

>> No.23377780

>>23377289
You are so annoying, fuck off.

>> No.23377788

>>23377752
"i'm going to jump into the sharktank now! HI EVERYONE IM REALLY TASTY"

it's a 4chen thing. pedobear's driving the trukk, yotsuba and mudkipz and company all over the place.

>> No.23377836

>>23376725
>TIDF

What?

>> No.23377899

>>23377485
To be fair, most of those kind of fanboys on /tg/ aren't even actual Ork players.

>> No.23377914

>>23377836

Tau Internet Defense Force

>> No.23377939

>>23377677
The fact that being 'based average' is remarkably easy to do when 1/2 the codices in an edition were written by you, and 3/4th of which were the same army, with just minor variations thereof.

And even then, there's nothing 'based' about how poorly his codices play with anything written before (or even after).

>> No.23377946

>>23377939

All the Wardexes need is forgeworld support.

>> No.23377954

>>23377914
lolwat?

Are we /pol/ now chasing after imaginary defense forces?

>> No.23377967

>>23377711
They don't. In fact, none of the 'Heavy' armor has a chance to blow itself up. Unless you're referring to Looted Wagons, which are a travesty and should never be fielded. Your converted Ork vehicles (especially looted IG ones) should always be fielded as some variation of a Battlewagon or Big Trakk.

>> No.23377986

>>23377954

It's really anyone who is a vocal tau fan.

>> No.23378003

>>23377967
>Unless you're referring to Looted Wagons, which are a travesty and should never be fielded.

I was. I know. That's my point. I'd like looted equipment to have a purpose.

>> No.23378020

>>23377021
Since when the fuck are Eldar Con 8?
Seriously, nothing says Eldar are noticeably squishier than average humans. Probably higher actually, seeing as the average human in 40k is a malnourished hive-scum. And they can pull through taking a big choppa to the guts.
They just bitch a lot louder about a lot less severe injuries. Buncha whiny drama-gitz, dose pointy-ears.

>> No.23378034

>>23377170

>> No.23378053

>>23377967
You could also field them as allied with gretchins kommando (penal legion).

>> No.23378085

>>23377946
>All the Wardexes need is to be taken to the bridge...
>And dropped in the river.

Seriously, fuck his "no fun-zone canon-stue" shit. Plasma Siphons are not "fun". Blendertrons are not "fun". Purifiers are not "fun". Units/upgrades designed to specifically fuck over one army simply because the designer 'doesn't like -X-', is terrible codex design. And the "hurr that's not competitive" argument falls flat, because the armies those units/options are meant to fucking bone do not make up 3/4ths of the 'tournament' armies you see in competitions. Yeah, spamming Furiosos doesn't work against "competitive army builds" like IG, or Space Wolves. However it's not meant to fuck over those armies, but rather it's meant to be completely 'no-fun-zone' for armies like swarm nids or ork infantry hordes. Any (ANY) designer who specifically designs an "anti -X- army" unit like that, is a bad designer. And yes, this means Ward, Kelly, Cruddace, and even Jervis, are all shit-tier rules designers.

>> No.23378162

>>23378003
>I was. I know. That's my point. I'd like looted equipment to have a purpose.
So you field it as a Battlewagon. A looted Russ is almost identical to an 'ard case Battlewagon, and can be given similar weapon load-outs. If you need something 'bigger' than a Killkannon, then you take a Soopa-Kannon from IA8 (and throw a 6-boy mob of "tank-riders" on it). If you need a looted-basilisk, you field a Big Trakk with a Soopa-Kannon. Nothing looted is represented adequately by the current Looted-Wagon rule, unless your looted vehicle is a rhino with a sawn-off battlecannon. So basically, you should NEVER use Looted Wagons. They're shit, and the unit entry was intended to be a giant middle-finger to Orks.
>Phil Kelly: "Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why."

That said, I don't want to see Cruddace, or Ward end up writing the next codex, either. Give us Vettock, or give us squatting.

>> No.23378189

>>23378020
Negative to Con has always been an "elf shtick". Even in 40k, where 'elves are eldar'.

Regardless, it was a jab at 'weedy panzees', and not meant to be a serious argument. Ergo, it was a joke. Deal with it.

>> No.23378298

>>23377222
>orks are the beat stick of warhammer
>orks
>Not Eldar Avatars
>Not the SoB

>> No.23378323

>>23378162

Who's vettock? What's he done?

I thought it was just spiritual liege, how do I tyranids, and kelly writting codexes?

captcha: ssEeveN exaggeration

Fine, captcha. spiritual liege, howdoityranids, and wolf wolferson the poison.

>> No.23378355

>>23377788
Oh yeah, didn't notice the others (i feel incredibly dence now...

>> No.23378370

Rolled 4

>>23376772
Rolling on Iron Will
+3 Yarrick stands up again

>> No.23378400

>>23378298
Orks have been the traditional beat-sticks of 40k. The Eldar Avatar beatdown was a shtick that started with Dawn of War, and continued with Marneu Calgar punching out an Avatar. It's a fairly recent development.

Sisters of Battle have only been treated as a beat-stick in terms of the GK codex, and how GW has been a hair's breadth away from squatting them. They otherwise have had a fairly solid representation in Black Library, and canon stories.

>> No.23378421

>>23378370

Yarrick uses his Bale-eye on Kharn and takes back his head, popping it back on.

>> No.23378427

>>23378323
>Who's vettock? What's he done?
8th ed O&G, and 7th ed Skaven. He's got a good grasp on 'random but devestating', and greenskins in general. He'd make a damned fine 40k Ork codex.

>> No.23378453

>>23378421
"I ain't got time to bleed."

>> No.23378462

>>23378323
He was the guy responsible for the steaming pile of over powered shit that is the skaven book, so many units with game breaking new movement rules... And a 45point magic item that can easily obliterate any infantry in the game with any practice at all.

Still from a fluff perspective he's great, humorous and some ingame randomness that isn't that bad (not like old animosity)

>> No.23378471

>>23378427

Well, I'm on board, then.

>> No.23378487

>>23378162
>Not wanting Ward to write the Ork Codex

What kind of monster are you?

>> No.23378492

>>23378487

Yeah, I love Ward!

>> No.23378520

>>23378400
Speaking of orks in black library, they were pretty cool in imperial glory, not just idiots, they were a serious threat

>> No.23378537

>>23378427
8th ed O&G is a masterpiece. The units capture them perfectly, and the variety is enough that I can field any number of armies without getting roflstomped by the "official" cheese list.

Also, he allowed me to build the most batshit goblin tournament army in existence.

>> No.23378538

>>23378487
>>23378492

He wrote the old O&G book.

Forgive me if I don't want:
>30% of your units will kill themselves
>Everything sucks because who cares, they're orcs, I have to do this to write a book I care about
>Orks worship Ultrasmurfs as spiritual liege

>> No.23378545

>>23378462
>Same person

though to be fair imbiased as fuck, my regular oponent is skaven and i get beaten every time so feel free to disregard this post

>> No.23378547

>>23378487
>>23378492
Get off the internet and tell your son we hate him, Mrs. Ward.

>> No.23378579

>>23378545

Bias is fine. It helps to know what in your codex is a dick move so you can avoid it (nob bikers, for example).

However, if a squiggoth shows up, dick move or not, snakebites gotta smash.

>> No.23378599

>>23378537
I may be mistaken, but I will raise one complaint: of the now limited pool of army specific magical items, I recall three being banners. All of which only the BSB could take.
The Spider God is pretty cool though, even if he is now just some aspect of…Tzeentch, I guess it would be.

>> No.23378601

>>23378547

where have you been?

neo /tg/ loves Ward

>> No.23378602

>>23378545
Yeah, O&G/Vampire Counts/Dwarf player here. Skaven fall before me in a wave of painful death.

>>23378538
That's why we want them to be like fantasy. Sure, your units will likely kill each other, but they're devastating or numerous enough to make up for it. We need a real green tide.

>> No.23378635

>>23377376
There is one in "Fear the Alien". Rest of the book isn't all that interesting though, apart from one other story.

>> No.23378641

>>23378599
I disregard magic items entirely except for the standard power scrolls and the like. Basically in 8th all you do is load your army with as many wizards as possible, because they can counter unit blobs.

Orcs and Goblins do this well because you can grab a lvl 4 night goblin shaman for 160 points. Which means in a 2k game I can have three of them, which is devastating.

>> No.23378642

>>23378487
>>23378492
You wouldn't if you saw how much he didn't like Orcs and Goblins. The 7th ed army book was quite literally the epitome of "designer writing a book, for an army he can't stand".

>> No.23378645

>>23378601
>neo /tg/
Not a thing no matter how much of you assholes pile in. I assume you're the same asshole that's always going on about "stopping the Ward hate bandwagon" but people aren't going to party with Mr. Spiritual Liege. Things aren't that far out of control.

>> No.23378662

>>23378642
I must agree, 7th was a dark time. Thank god Vettock fixed all that shit in 8th.

7th edition O&G were underpowered and unfun.

>> No.23378667

>>23378520
>serious threat
Let me guess... they took shit tonnes of casualties and just kept on coming, right? Forgive me, but I'm extremely skeptical about Black Library portraying Orks as anything BUT that (or some thin veil hiding Chaos as the true threat).

The *ONLY* good representation of Orks I've ever seen come from Black Library, is Deff Skwadron.

>> No.23378668

>>23378635
Which one would that be?
I thought that the DE one was enjoyable, and the Kroot one at least made them seem, well, fearful.
The Harlequin one was interesting on a technical level, but they really didn't do much.
Everything else was pants, though.

>> No.23378693

>>23378667
In one of the Cain novels they almost took out the planet, but Cain had to Marty Sue too hard and took out the Warboss. Without his influence the system would have went down.

>> No.23378694

>>23378668
Oh shit yeah, I forgot about the DE one, yeah that was cool.
To be honest, I read for pleasure and didn't enjoy the Kroot story simply because I found it very disturbing.
Anything alien being fed humans by others just gets under my skin.

>> No.23378707

>>23378667
>Deff Skwadron.

Which had Orks versus other Orks, and where the Ork protagonists killed a heck a lot of enemy Orks.

Doesn't really show them as a threat to anyone except to themselves!

>> No.23378712

>>23378599
>I may be mistaken, but I will raise one complaint:
The stripped down magic-item pool is not Vettock's fault. It's a result of a shift in focus from 7th to 8th. The small number of Magic Items has occured for all army books so far with 8th ed. And a lot of that is because the common magic item list is massive and available to all, as players were getting pissed at shit like the 7th ed O&G book (where they literally had 3/4th of their magic armor pieces removed, and were given 2 shitty pieces of armor in return).

>> No.23378744

>>23378602
Skaven are on an old 7th ed book. It's a difference in design styles mostly. But that said, the current Skaven book captures them pretty well. And indeed, they should 'fall before you in a wave of painful death'. That is the Skaven shtick.

>> No.23378746

>>23378707
I fucking loved Deff Skwardron.
So Orky.
Soooo Orky.

>> No.23378760

>>23378641
Ah, I'm actually the opposite, I like some kitted out heroic fighters, and don't care for wizards beyond mild support.
>>23378694
>Anything alien being fed humans by others just gets under my skin.
It's almost as if you are supposed to fear these aliens.
And honestly, when the rest of the book has shit like a Broodlord getting a kill-count of ZERO, I had to take what I could get from that book.

>> No.23378770

>>23378712
I remember in 7th going with Grimgor and a squad of black orcs, giving them extra hand weapons, and banner of butchery.

Then activating it and rolling I believe 23 attacks in a single charge. It was fun, and the amount of butthurt that it induced was staggering.

"Yes it is fair and legal, and yes they get to reroll misses."

>> No.23378808

>>23378712
I'm not faulting him for the smaller pool, but (again, if I remember right), taking one of those items locks out 2 others, so O&G effectively got an even smaller unique pool.
I am going to miss a bunch of my Lizardmen's stuff when it is their turn. So long, firefly frog venom.

>> No.23378827

>>23378808
In my opinion they make up for it with the sheer diversity of units. O&G have the most unique and diverse unit list in the game.

>> No.23378838

>>23378602
>That's why we want them to be like fantasy. Sure, your units will likely kill each other, but they're devastating or numerous enough to make up for it. We need a real green tide.

No. We only want them to be similar to how they are NOW in fantasy, minus the Animosity (though 8th's isn't too terrible). Killing each other with misfires and blatant disregard for 'safety precautions' is one thing (i.e. SAG). Making things "hurr durr" is another (i.e. wyrdboyz).

>> No.23378850

>>23378760
>Beyond mild support
What is your win ratio? High level wizards are basically required at this point for winning. 8th shifted pretty far to making wizards a standard thing.

>> No.23378852

>>23378635
Yeah, I wasn't too enamored by Fear the Alien. It basically came down to "Oh crap, Orks went for what wasn't meant to be the bait, because we aren't really knowledgeable about them.

>> No.23378863

>>23378601
It's more that a lot of people just got over it rather than being a sad cunt about it.

Neo /tg/ is as much of a real thing as neo /v/ that is just their buzzword of the month.

>> No.23378868

>>23376067
Was vocal Tau fans an issue around these parts for you to single them as IDF?

>> No.23378872

>>23378838
That's what I'm arguing for, how they are now in fantasy. Also Animosity in 8th is not that bad at all, especially with the new rules for it. Animosity could be made to work in 40k if done well, which I do not believe Ward can do because of his hate for the army. Ward writes ok crunch, but not for things he does not like.

>> No.23378881

>>23378707
It didn't need to. It was Orks, acting like Orks, without any 'go to protagonist' to muck up the story with idiotic tropes about 'each marine can throw a punch and kill a billion bad dudes'. That's why Deff Skwadron was so amazingly good, because it focused on everything about the Orks, without any of the favoritist bullshit you so often see.

>> No.23378899

>>23378850
Not too well, though I only played casual stuff anyway. Haven't gamed in a while, really.
But as I play Lizards, it just amounts to "Well, ALL my wizards have take shadow apart from this one lvl4 for Life, so have some Pit of Shades!"
Also, whenever I run the toad he does jack shit.

>> No.23378972

>>23378770
Yeah... Because Black Orcs were literally the only unit in the army that actually did anything most of the time. And that combination was painfully retarded to stop. Oh that's nice... you have Grimgore? I challenge with my unit champion (that'll just be raised back again), and have my vampire cut your whole unit down to pieces.

The Grimgor+Black Orc 'failstar' was the weakest deathstar in 7th ed. Easily outclassed by Phenoix Guard and Swordmasters, Black Guard, just about any Chaos Warrior unit, or especially Regenerating Grave Guard + all the fixings vampire.

Hell to quote a friend of mine who played Dwarves and ran the 'Hammerer unit of +13 combat resolution': "Yeah they may kill a few more than I do, but they're losing combat by at least 8.

>> No.23378992

>>23378808
Not really. In general you'll be taking most of your items for your characters from the common-list anyways. The O&G specific magic item pool isn't much worse (or better) than any other specific list.

>> No.23379012

>>23378972
This is all true, which is one of the main reasons I ran with one unit of black orcs for heavy hitting, and squig herds to Squig Bomb tactics Run them up the middle as far as you can and wait for them to break, have squigs devastate everything near them. Also fanatics, you can never have enough fanatics.

>> No.23379022

>>23378863
>It's more that a lot of people just got over it rather than being a sad cunt about it.
This. /tg/ as a whole didn't suddenly decide they loved Ward, they just got over the initial anger and hate. Now you just have edgy hipster newfags who perpetuate this "Ward is the next messiah" bullshit.

>> No.23379090

>>23379012
I'm well familiar with the 'squig-bombs'. 7th ed nerfed the fuck out of them, and really didn't make them that impressive. Indeed half the time you'd see them charged by some cheap-as-chips flying unit on turn 1 or 2, break, and 'explode' on the O&G player's stuff. Compared to 6th where a 'squig-bomb' literally shut down an entire section of the board with bounding squigs that block charges, and inflicting Str 5 hits on whatever any given squig bounded into, 7th ed's Squig-bomb was a sad, lackluster replacement.

>> No.23379242

>>23379090
We were underpowered in 7th, that was literally the best we could do. You couldn't even cheese list hard enough to be competitive, so I just ran the fun stuff that was mildly effective.

>> No.23379379

>>23378537

What was your list like? I've been dreaming lately of a crazy goblin parade, but can't really figure out what to take...

>> No.23379446

>>23379242
Yeah... sadly 7th was basically a giant fucking dump on the Orc and Goblin playerbase. I remember attempting to play with the book at length before finally getting so frustrated with it that I just went back to my Skaven so I could enjoy the game once more. Well... that was until the infamous "daemon" incident.

>> No.23379458 [DELETED] 

>>23379379
Heroes:
Night Goblin Great Shaman (lvl 4) 175 pts
Night Goblin Great Shaman (lvl 4) 175 pts
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85

Core:
Forest Goblin Spider Riders (10) 140
Short Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
No standard bearers, those are for pussies[/spoiler[

Special:
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Herd (5 handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Squig Herd (5 Handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Squig Herd (5 Handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Spear Chukka (4) 140
Wolf Chariot (4) 200

Rare:
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Pump Wagons (2) 90

>> No.23379477

>>23379379
Heroes:
Night Goblin Great Shaman (lvl 4) 175 pts
Night Goblin Great Shaman (lvl 4) 175 pts
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85
Night Goblin Shaman (lvl 2) 85

Core:
Forest Goblin Spider Riders (10) 140
Short Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Bows
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
No standard bearers, those are for pussies

Special:
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Hoppers (10) 120
Squig Herd (5 handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Squig Herd (5 Handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Squig Herd (5 Handlers 15 Squigs) 135
Spear Chukka (4) 140
Wolf Chariot (4) 200

Rare:
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Mangler (65)
Pump Wagons (2) 90

>> No.23379489 [SPOILER] 

I've been thinking. 40k and WFB are getting more and more alike recently, so..
What if 9th ed got allies as well? Stupid I know, but I wouldn't be surprised.
What would the chart look like?

>> No.23379511

>>23379458

That is... Kind of evil.

>> No.23379521

>>23379489
Hmmm.... That would actually be a fairly good question.

>inb4 O&G are the new Tyranids

>> No.23379543

>>23379489
But 8th edition *has allies rules*. Only GW hadn't pulled their heads fully out of their asses in that one area yet, so you may only take an ally army if your opponent expressively agrees to it beforehand.
This is, again, something that could be errata'd away in a single sentence, but that won't happen because GW doesn't admit to screw-ups behind typing errors.

>> No.23379602

>>23379511
Kind of? I think you mean completely. It is still not as bad as another list I mocked up.

Heroes:
Night Goblin Shaman lvl 2 (85)
Night Goblin Shaman lvl 2 (85)
Core:
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics
Night Goblins (20) 135
3 fanatics

adds up to 3005 points with 63 fanatics on the board.

It literally can not lose in the current game. You won't win either, but this pulls a draw every time.

Also the previous list is like 3002

>> No.23379615

>>23379543
Can you still take mercs as rare choices? Because I want to try out using a block of pikemen once.

>> No.23379635

>>23379602

I assume you have something against panic here? Other than simple attrition.

...Although that looks very, very scary.

>> No.23379658

>>23379602
If I ever come into a ton of money (not likely thanks to university and all that) I am running this list.

Well played, Boss.

>> No.23379668

>>23379635
Panic? Who needs units, before anyone can scare you away the fanatics are released. You casualties mean literally nothing, in fact they will probably help your cause in the long run.

>> No.23379696

>>23379668

Sigh... You're right. Nobody in their right mind brings 420 night goblins on the table.

...I really want to field one of those.

>> No.23379782

>>23379696
Yes, and at tournaments I name myself ~xXx420b1az3nGobbon0n3wbsxXx~ on the roster. The rage it induces is delicious, because for a technicality of the rules under most tournament rule sets I advance for having more remaining points on the board.

>> No.23379810

>>23379782

That is.... Some seriuus sneeky stabbin' right there.

Kudos.

>> No.23379825

>>23376169
>And Yarrick can't die cause orkz KNOW he can't die.

This makes so much fucking sense.

>> No.23379836

>>23379810
Yes, it's fun to auto win tournaments. The thing is everyone else is running cheese lists.

They can do that all they want, it really doesn't matter. Countering these guys is next to impossible. I have seen it done once, and it was when there was a lot of terrain on the board to kill my fanatics, and no tournaments terrain that heavily.

>> No.23379859

>>23379782
>>23379836
Boss, you are the sneakiest git I ever did see.

>> No.23379876

>>23379825
Only to /tg/'s warped idea of how the waaagh works... Yarrik's just a stubborn old-man. The Orks don't believe (or know) anything about him other than him being a worthy opponent, and a damned good fight. He's still a weedy 'umie in their eyes, though arguably the best opponent that they've ever encountered.

>> No.23379885

>>23379836
Oh god, I can taste the tears of tryhards.

>> No.23379923

>>23379885
>>23379859
The best part is placing the army. They keep waiting for me to pull out something besides more night goblins...

>Dude, how many are you fielding.
>Oh, hmmm... somewhere around 400? Maybe a bit more, can't remember.
>The tears.

It never happens.

Also on occasion I decide to have one unit without fanatics, and put him in front. Then have the enemy charge him and no see any fanatics and be all "yup, just a fucktard, time to auto win to the next round" then have him go for the second and drown in green balls of fuckall.

>> No.23379991

>>23379923
It would be hilarious to try and play against your list with Empire and maxed out mortars and rocket batteries.

>> No.23379992

>>23379923

I can just see this

>Fuck, there's fucking night goblins errywhere
>Well, time to get to work
>Charge!!
>Splatsch!!
>Well, that was easier than I thought. This is not the way to field a horde, kid. Let's get to it.
>Charge!
>FFUUUUUCCKK YYYOOUUUUU!!
>That hurt. Oh well, it's just ano-
>FFUUUUUUCKKKK YYYOOUU TOOO!!!!
>AAAAANNDD YYYOOUUUU!!
>JJJUUUUSSSST FUUUUCCCKKK!
>Tears, tears everywhere as the green balls of fuckkerall get going.

>> No.23380015

>>23379615
As far as I know, Dogs of War is no longer a legal, supported armybook.

>> No.23380030

>>23379991
I have, it's hilarious. Little green bodies flying everywhere and fanatics cutting shit down. Those battles are harder Only every played against a few of them but ultimately I have enough bodies to meat shield my way to victory.

The green tide will come, through hail and fire.

>> No.23380052

>>23379992
Also, the looks I get when I am killing my own units.

>Yes, I can win this, he'll just kill himself.
>Fanatic gets within 6inches of my goblins.
>Due to technicality it activates their fanatic.
>Which activates the next when they release.
>And the next.
>And the next.
>Fanatics everywhere, no one lives, ever.

>> No.23380065

>>23380052

Oh dear god, that must look glorious.

>Knights galore
>Nope.avi
>Suddenly fanatics
>Fanatics everywhere

Hilarious. I spat my tea on the floor.

>> No.23380079

>>23379992
>>23380052
>yfw

>> No.23380107

>>23376588
Khorn cares not from where blood flows.

>> No.23380113

>>23380052
Who... who are you?

>> No.23380127

>>23380079
>tfw

>> No.23380168

>>23380052
nope.jpg

>> No.23380210

So, would you guys like to know my win/draw/loss ratio since I began running that list in tournaments?

It's rather... fun.

>> No.23380224

>>23380210

...Lots of draws? Or wins?

Lots of dead gobbos, is for sure.

>> No.23380272

>>23380224
67 - wins
1 - draw
0 - losses

The draw was against an empire mortar army with lots of terrain on the field. Most of my fanatics killed themselves before getting to his teams.

>> No.23380289

>>23380272

It seems goblins will conquer all.

Noice indeed.

>> No.23380303

Man, if you ran Orc Shamans with that list and got all of them Foot of Gork...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddgyg_5FF_0

>> No.23380314

>>23380272
This is why you da Boss, Boss.

>> No.23380414

>>23380303
Feet raining from the sky and goblins flying everywhere. That sounds fucking terrifying.

>> No.23380561

Time to post my favourite /tg/ related image!

>> No.23380582

>>23376954

We da SPESH MAHREENS, not da supid orkz

We bo...mean batta-brothas

>> No.23380604

>>23379602
That would cost me £632.94 to buy, by my calculations anyway.

I am going to start saving my money.
I will buy that army all at once, from a shop.
I will have the biggest grin on my fucking face.
They will ask my what the fuck am i thinking.
I will tell them of your evil.
I will become a herald of the goblin apocalypse.

>> No.23380621

>>23380561
Gork and Mork are so kawaii~

>> No.23380689

>>23380604
I have been banned from a total of seven tournaments at this point. Word is spreading of the green tide. I'm notorious around my area for going into hobby shops pretending to be an idiotic nube, then stomping the try-hardiest guy there.

>> No.23380697

>>23380604
"I am simply following the word of Warboss Anon the Mad"

>> No.23380844

>>23380697
Warboss Anon the Mad

a large goblin just throwing fanatics at the enemy.

In close combat, wields 2 fanatics, not balls and chains, just actual fanatics.

This keeps getting better.

>> No.23380927

>>23380689
For good reason: your list is fucking disgusting. If I saw that I'd just pack up my minis and go play with someone else.

Green tides are stupid lists unfun to play against and only fun to play with if you're 12 and think wasting other people's time is the epitome of comedy.

>> No.23380947

>>23380927

>not being glorious blood raven army fighting anon the mad

How heretical

>> No.23380973

>>23380927
>Green tides are stupid lists unfun to play against and only fun to play with if you're 12 and think wasting other people's time is the epitome of comedy.

Not too unlike any given Daemon army from 7th edition... Or hell, any 'Teclis spamming Irresistible Force Purple Sun High Elf" army

>> No.23380998

>>23380947
This is Fantasy he's talking about. Not "spess muhreens 40k".

>> No.23381019

>>23380844
How does one stat Anon the Mad?

Cost: 295

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Anon the Mad 7 9 1 8 3 3 4 8 5

Equipment:
Lefty & Git: The twin fanatics Anon wields go by the names Lefty and Git, conveniently their names appear to have been mixed up. Because of their constant scratching arms and gnashing teeth Anon may reroll missed hits to wound.

Heavy Armor

Special Rules:
'Ust a bit 'ore: Anon has found out, through combined bullying and squig abuse, to force his goblins to carry an extra fanatic into battle. If Anon is general of an army night goblins may take up to four fanatics.

Tasty Tears: Drinking the delicious pain of his enemies it appears that Anon himself grows larger and more muscled the more death occurs around him. Each time a fanatic kills a unit within 6' of Anon he regains 1 wound, up to 10.

Out of me way!: Anon does not activate fanatics while moving through them, and does not take wounds from friendly fanatics. If he is with a unit they do not take wounds either.

>> No.23381030

>>23380844
Said to have been a simple Night Golbin, fighting Dwarves, Skaven and the other underground creatures in the Mountains. It is said that he was separated from his tribe during a battle and fell into a dark cavern which not only his vision could pierce.

And then, on the brink of starvation, he came across a gargantuan cavern filled with mushrooms of all sizes and colours. It is said he ate he ate every mushroom in the cavern and when he finally made his way to reunite with his tribe, he was twice as large as any Night Goblin, as strong as an Orc and utterly insane. The strangest thing, however, was the large, florescent mushrooms growing from his back. The Mad Goblin feeds these to his Fanatics, although a few exploded gobbos later forced the tribe to make them into soup for the Fanatics to drink, causing them to spin so fast they appear as blurry whirlwinds.

Rumours have spread amongst the Dwarf Holds of a massive glowing goblin who can transform into a devastating whirlwind.

>> No.23381037

>>23380927
That's fine, you'd just lose anyway. This list is meant to induce rage, you tears feed me.

>> No.23381086

>>23381019
Increase that point cost, that is overpowered as fuck. 360 or so would be better.

>> No.23381104

>>23380927
Actually, with this list most games are done by turn two. Fanatics destroy everything pretty damn quickly once the cascade effect occurs.

>> No.23381174

>>23381019
>>23381030
I approve.

>> No.23381176

>>23381030
"Wot? Nah, ya git, I wuz just talkin' to da 'shrooms. I gotta keep 'em in line or they'll get in my brain an' den BOOM! Nothin' but spores. Wot were ya sayin'? Stunties? In my caves? Zog dat! You stay 'ere and keep an eye on the Farms, I gotta 'ave a word with Lefty an' Git."

(Ugh, I should have reread that post. I'm getting way too little sleep these days.)

>> No.23381468

>>23381176
How big would he be? Bigger the Grom?

>> No.23381500

>>23377257

That's a great analogy, thank you.

>> No.23381584

>>23381468
Nah, let's not get crazy here. Grom was big enough to order Orcs around, but I'd say of Mad Warboss would be just under human height. Although that is with da 'Shrooms weighing him down, so he's probably stoop or have some sort of hunch.

>> No.23381600

>>23381086
360.
Lol'd

Ohyou.jpeg

2nd changing point cost to 360!

>> No.23381601

>>23381584
Anon would be able to order Orcs around, look at his stats.

>> No.23381616

>>23381600
Wait wait wait, even worse. Lets power him up a bit more and make it 420 points.

B14z3 B14z3 f8gg0t

>> No.23381965

>>23381601
Alright then. This is one big Goblin. Imagine the size of the mushrooms on his back.

"After taking over many tribes in deep underground of the Black Mountains, Warboss Anon declared that vast mushroom farms should be constructed in their deepest holdings. Plucking a particularly large growth from his back, he seemed to mutter to it as he set it down into the ground. Today, the Grand Mushroom City has become a glowing stronghold for the Greenskins. The air is filled with spores which choke the throats of any outsiders who stumble upon it, their corpses left to feed the mushrooms. Really good bodies, Rat Ogres being participially favoured, are given to The Great Mushroom, the original mushroom planted by Anon all those moons ago.

Of the tribe itself, mushroom growths are common and many of the trolls kept around have been effected by these spores. They only rarely eat goblins, preferring instead to eat fresh corpses or mushrooms. Their vomit, consequently, is no-longer as corrosive, but causes mushrooms to quickly sprout from victim's body, tearing them apart as their skin rips to accommodate.

Only enough, when Anon the Mad has a sober enough moment to form some sort of plan, the Trolls seem to have some understanding. At least, they will blunder in a more advantageous way, sometimes spiriting towards a location while still interested in the contents of it's nose. This leads to some questions about who is actually commanding their feet..."

>> No.23382017

>>23381601
>Anon would be able to order Orcs around
>look at his stats.
>Ld 5
That's not even a full mustache's worth in Leadership!

>> No.23382073

>>23382017
Greenskins don't grow facefuzz, they rely on actually ability to bash.

>> No.23382184

>>23380272
67 wins and no one has fielded the exact same army against you? i do not buy that. moreover you ARE the tryhard

>> No.23382187

>>23382073
And thus they will never unite to threaten the continuation of our Lord Sigmar's Empire!

>> No.23382188

>>23382017
>Leadership mattering
>with orcs
>9 weapon skill
>8 strength

He'll just smash their face in.

>>23381965
Anon the Mad or "The Great Gree King"

Stooped low by the dozens of mushrooms sprouting from his back, some coming out of his nose and ears. The mushroom city grew around him, he sitting upon the throne and tending to his goblin, or "farm". Anon no longer sees a waaaaagh, but merely more mushroom to be tended and land to be covered in spores. When he leads the battle again dwarves, finally roused from his fungal throne, holds are destroyed in his wake.

Those who come later, traders having missed the destruction, only find great fungal farms, mushroom as tall as skyscrapers and goblins tending to it all.

In one battle, against the Great Thane of Hazmador, Anon lead the charge personally, charing through the fanatics directly at the thane. The dwarf's axe bit deeply into Anon's chest, only to have dozens of mushroom sprout from the wound and wrap around the axe. Laughing insanely the goblin began to beat the terrified dwarf with two small versions of his fellows. No matter how many pistol shots or axe blades struck the mad warboss mushrooms would come from the wounds and seal them. He is now more mushroom than Greenskin, and is feared through the mountains as the "Great Green King"

>> No.23382214

>>23382184
>I am the try hard
I think we have different definitions of try hard.

>> No.23382232

>>23382073
Okay, now I'm a bit worried.

>> No.23382241

>>23382188
Leadership actually does matter for Orcs (and Orks).

>> No.23382272

>>23382241
Then how about... we give him leadership?

New Stats!
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Anon the Mad 7 8 1 7 3 3 4 8 7

>> No.23382308

>>23382272
Iirc, Night Goblin Warbosses are Ld 7, and (generic) Goblin Warbosses are Ld 8. So... I guess 7 works.

>> No.23382338

>>23382272
Bitch please

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Anon the Mad 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

Do you even fungal god?

>> No.23382351

We need a drawfag and some to screencap this.

Laughing far to hard at warboss anon the mad and his army of mushroom/goblin fanatics.

>> No.23382414

>>23382188
There are even stories of dwarves and men wandering alongside the Goblins, large mushrooms growing from their heads.

"Get da Trolls ta squeeze the bodies. Blood makes good drink for 'Shrooms. Skaven blood da most."
- Warboss Anon the Mad after defeating a Skaven Army

>> No.23382498

>>23382414
"After ya squeeze em throw da bodies ter da big pits. If day come out wiff a shroom on dere head it mean da shroom fink we need 'em."
-Warbos Anon the Mad, said while astride his mobile throne made from Fungal Thralls.

>> No.23382505

>>23382272
or, we just give him a rule/bit of fluff about his shrooms.

Ld
*(8)

Strength of the fungi;
Anon the mad doesn't need inspiring words to lead his followers to victory, instead he simply shows the massive power of his mushroomed ridden body.
Anon the mad and any nearby friendly squads (8inches or something) use his strength as their leadership value, unless their current Ld is higher.

I haven't played fanta-sea for a while, so not sure if OP


P.s; fanatics use special mushrooms instead of their normal ball and chains!

>> No.23382613

>>23382505
Cost: 360

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Anon the Mad 7 9 1 8 4 5 3 8 6

Equipment:
Lefty & Git: The twin fanatics Anon wields go by the names Lefty and Git, conveniently their names appear to have been mixed up. Because of their constant scratching arms and gnashing teeth Anon may reroll missed hits to wound.

Fungal Plate: Anon wears armor constructed from planks of fungal wood, with mushrooms sprouting from every seam. When struck the mushrooms will react and attempt to tear the weapon out of the enemies hand. Heavy armor, 4+ ward save.

Special Rules:
'Ust a bit 'ore: Anon has found out, through combined bullying and squig abuse, to force his goblins to carry an extra fanatic into battle. If Anon is general of an army night goblins may take up to four fanatics.

Tasty Tears: Drinking the delicious pain of his enemies it appears that Anon himself grows larger and more muscled the more death occurs around him. Each time a fanatic kills a unit within 6' of Anon he regains 1 wound, up to 10.

Out of me way!: Anon does not activate fanatics while moving through them, and does not take wounds from friendly fanatics. If he is with a unit they do not take wounds either.

Strength of the fungi: Anon the Mad doesn't need inspiring words to lead his followers to victory, only the great spores that burst from his body, instead he simply shows the massive power of his mushroomed ridden body.
Anon the mad and any friendly squad within 6' use his strength as their leadership value, unless their current Ld is higher.

>> No.23382663

>>23382351
Drawfags.... I neeeeeeeed this. If you give me anything give me this.

>> No.23382795

>>23382505
Also:
Fungal Thralls
M: 6
WS: 2
BS: 1
S: 3
T: 4
W: 1
I: 2
Ld: N/A

Mindless: Fungal Thralls do not take Leadership Tests and do not flee combat. Instead, if they lose a combat, roll 1d6 for every 2 points they lost by and subtract that number of Thralls as casualties.

Infectious Spores: Whenever a unit of Fungal Thralls breaks a unit, add a number of Thralls to the unit equal to the fleeing unit's total number of wounds suffered in the previous combats.

The Mushrooms Never Die: When entering combat with a unit of Fungal Thralls, make a note of the size of the unit. If the unit is completely destroyed, mark the area the Thralls originally occupied as difficult terrain for the remainder of the game.

(This is completely off the top of my head. Please advise.)

>> No.23382816

>>23382795
Oh dear lord, they're like snottlings, only worse.

These better be low point, but still all my yes.

>> No.23382837

Thread archived for future generations. Someone screen cap this shit.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23376067

>> No.23382841

>>23382816
3 points per model?
2 points?

>> No.23383073

>>23382841
2 would probably be best.

>> No.23383139

>>23382795
Bit slower, they're basically spore zombies, they shouldn't (imo) be faster than a human,notto mention an elf

>> No.23383203

>>23377372
Nope.

>> No.23383222

>>23383139
Fair enough. I haven't played Fantasy for a while now. Movement 3 sound okay?

>> No.23383234

>>23383139
Also if they are zombies their strength needs to be beefed up.

>> No.23383444

>>23383234
Nah, that seems like the standard strength for zombies.

New Stats:
2 points per model
Fungal Thralls
M: 3
WS: 2
BS: 1
S: 3
T: 4
W: 1
I: 2
Ld: N/A

Mindless: Fungal Thralls do not take Leadership Tests and do not flee combat. Instead, if they lose a combat, roll 1d6 for every 2 points they lost by and subtract that number of Thralls as casualties.

Infectious Spores: Whenever a unit of Fungal Thralls breaks a unit, add a number of Thralls to the unit equal to the fleeing unit's total number of wounds suffered in the previous combats.

The Mushrooms Never Die: When entering combat with a unit of Fungal Thralls, make a note of the size of the unit. If the unit is completely destroyed, mark the area the Thralls originally occupied as difficult terrain for the remainder of the game.

>> No.23383612

>>23382816
I think they should be a replacement for Snotlings, personally. The mushrooms have actually ousted the Snotlings as these Goblin's primary form of reproduction. Only a few of the original gobbos still exist, the rest popping out of special "Green 'Shrooms".

Also, have we decided on a Tribe name yet?

>> No.23383709

>>23383612
they aren't really a tribe, they are more...

A colony

(thats what you call a group of shrooms/fungi isn't it?)

Heralds of the great spore!

>> No.23383797

>>23383709
The Green Colony?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action