Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23147174 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Since the last great thread is crumbling, we shall have another one, for so I command. And this time, our suggested topic shall be that of starships. What kind does your group fly around in and why?

For starts, have the First Argument of Queens (Formerly known as the Unconquered Sun)

SHIP HULL: DICTATOR-CLASS CRUISER
Speed: 5 Manoeuvrability: 16
Detection: 23 Hull Integrity: 71
Armour: 21 Turret Rating: 3
Space: 65 SP: 63
Weapon Capacity: 1 Prow, 2 Port, 2 Starboard
Carrier Vessel: 2 free Jovian Launch bays, 1P each

Space used: 57/65
Power used: 67/74

MORALE: 102
POPULATION: 100

SHIP HISTORY
Wrested from a Space Hulk: 1 Armour, +1 Speed, +3 Manoeuvrability.
Resolute: –1 Speed +3 Hull Points +10 Repair Tests
Planet-Bound For Millenia: +10 Manoeuvrability/5 VUs of a planet.

PLASMA DRIVE Power Space SP
Jovian Drive(Modified) 75GEN 10 -

WARP ENGINE Power Space SP
Strelov 2 12 12 -
Emergency Field 2 - -

VOID SHIELD Power Space SP
Repulsor Array 8 1 -

SHIP's BRIDGE Power Space SP
Bridge of Antiquity 2 1 2

LIFE SUSTAINERS Power Space SP
Vitae-Pattern 5 3 -

CREW QUARTERS Power Space SP
Clan-kin Quarters 2 5 1

AUGUR ARRAYS Power Space SP
M-201.b Augur Array 5 - -

ARMAMENTS Power Space SP
Bombardment Cannon 5 5 3
Hecutor Plasma Battery 8 3 2
Hecutor Plasma Battery 8 3 2
Jovian Launch Bay 1 - -
Jovian Launch Bay 1 - -

SUPPLEMENTS Power Space SP
Auto Temple 1 1 -
Comp. Cargo Hold 2 5 1
Flight Repair Deck 2 2 1
Barracks 2 4 2
Flak Turrets 1 1 1

ATTACK CRAFT CR SPD SS
Fury Interceptors x2 10 10 20
Shark Assault Boats x2 5 10 8
Halo Barges x17

>> No.23147244

Bumpan with ship pictures

>> No.23147265

>>23147244

>> No.23147302

>>23147265

>> No.23148507

My groups have several ships.

The original ship is a Sword, an ex-battlefleet vessel that was a touch too impetuous to really fit the fleet. Kitted out with double sunsears and all the trimmings a pious Rogue Trader should have it regularly punched above its weight.

The next was a Hazeroth raider. An ex-pirate vessel with a machine spirit that yearned for the thrill of the hunt, damage and lack of available funds have prevented it from receiving a full refit. Its essential components are decent but it's making do with a sunsear battery and a cruddy thunderstrike one. Still, she's a fine ship and the doom of many larger vessels.

Then there's the Dauntless. This one was lost to the warp, subsequently taken over by a crew in the thrall of the dark gods and eventually liberated and given to the dynasty as a reward. The souls of hundreds of former battlefleet crewmen are bound to the ship's hull and, while they mean enemy boarders have one hell of a time, those who disrespect the ship have a way of disappearing. It was an ominous vessel with vaulted ceilings until a refit made it less spooky and fit for purpose again (while also managing to anger the spirits). It's only got a single lance on its brow, but a fully fledged broadside on each flank.

Lastly there's a slow and ponderous firestorm refitted with non-Imperium lasertechnology and boasting a powerful lance that runs along its entire keel. It's on loan from another dynasty, but the captain is looking to change that.

>> No.23148524

>>23147737

>> No.23148532 [DELETED] 

Sword-Class Frigate "Starflare"

>Stats
Command: 35 [+5 for battlefield heroics]
Navigation: 35 [+25 Warp travel for Experienced Navigator]
Tactical: 35
Perception: 35 [+5 for Augur Array]
Engineering: 35 [+20 for Elderly Techpriest]
Stores: 88%

>Weaponry
Dorsal: 2x Sunsear Laser Battery (Long-ranged and powerful, but power-hungry. Reliable.)
Turret Rating: 2

>Critical Components
Bridge type: Combat Bridge (Laid out and equipped with combat in mind. +10 to repair as long as undamaged.)
Plasma Drive: Jovian-pattern Class 2 (Standard plasma drive for frigate-class vessels.)
Warp Drive: Strelov 1 Warp Engine (Standard Imperial warp drive.)
Gellar Field: Mars Class 1 (STC-pattern gellar field. The baseline Imperial gellar field.)
Void Shield: Mars-Pattern Void Shield (STC-pattern void shield. The baseline Imperial void shield.)
Vitae-pattern Life sustainer: Standard life support unit.
Augurs: Deep Void Augur Array (Best sensors in the Imperium. +10 to ship's Detection.)
Voidsmens QUarters: Standard Voidsmens quarters.

>Supplemental Components:
Extended Supply Vaults: Allows for greater time between resupply.
Reinforced bulkheads: Reduces damage to the hull.
Reinforced Prow: Not a true armored prow, it still provides a measure of protection to the fore of the ship. Deals extra damage when ramming.

>Complication: Wrothful
The ship’s spirit constantly smoulders with anger. In battle, it explodes into a berserker fury, straining and exhausting its systems. During combat, the ship gains +1 Speed and +7 Manoeuvrability. Out of combat, the ship suffers -1 Speed and -5 to Manoeuvrability and Detection.

>> No.23148552

So what is /tg/'s opinion on making homebrew equipment modules for voidships?

>> No.23148677

>>23148552
Totally worth it. A lot of Rogue Trader is about the remarkable and unknown, so just sticking to what's in the books simply won't do. That said I haven't done much when it comes to starship components; just a mediocre quality laser macrobattery option from a conquered solar empire and an augur array spirit upgrade received from an ancient and worryingly intelligent mechanicus probe.

>> No.23148689

Sword-Class Frigate "Starflare"

>Weaponry
Dorsal: 2x Sunsear Laser Battery (Long-ranged and powerful, but power-hungry. Reliable.)
Turret Rating: 2

>Critical Components
Bridge type: Combat Bridge (Laid out and equipped with combat in mind. +10 to repair as long as undamaged.)
Plasma Drive: Jovian-pattern Class 2 (Standard plasma drive for frigate-class vessels.)
Warp Drive: Strelov 1 Warp Engine (Standard Imperial warp drive.)
Gellar Field: Mars Class 1 (STC-pattern gellar field. The baseline Imperial gellar field.)
Void Shield: Mars-Pattern Void Shield (STC-pattern void shield. The baseline Imperial void shield.)
Vitae-pattern Life sustainer: Standard life support unit.
Augurs: Deep Void Augur Array (Best sensors in the Imperium. +10 to ship's Detection.)
Voidsmens QUarters: Standard Voidsmens quarters.

>Supplemental Components:
Extended Supply Vaults: Allows for greater time between resupply.
Reinforced bulkheads: Reduces damage to the hull.
Reinforced Prow: Not a true armored prow, it still provides a measure of protection to the fore of the ship. Deals extra damage when ramming.

>Past History: Death Cult (The Blade of the Emperor Awaiting)
Amongst the low-decks indentured crew, strange perversions of the Imperial Creed have arisen, glorifying death to celebrate the Emperor. Reduce Crew Population permanently by 8. However, reduce all Morale loss from any source by 2, due to the crew’s unwavering faith. Additionally, ship officers and members of the Ministorum will have to deal warily with the cult and its leaders. Death cults do produce skilled assassins...

>Complication: Wrothful
The ship’s spirit constantly smoulders with anger. In battle, it explodes into a berserker fury, straining and exhausting its systems. During combat, the ship gains +1 Speed and +7 Manoeuvrability. Out of combat, the ship suffers -1 Speed and -5 to Manoeuvrability and Detection.

>> No.23148795

>>23148552
I guess that's a light cruiser of some sort? It doesn't look big enough to be a full-size cruiser.

Anyway, I love making homebrew modules. It's a little boring to just have one mark of warp drive for your starship, don't you think? Why not make a forgeworld-produced version that's a little heretical, to make travel more interesting?

>> No.23148835

>>23148795
I think it's meant to be the Light of Terra, a reasonably ancient battleship. Not quite as bulky as you'd expect one to be, but it was drawn for that bit of Lure of the Expanse.

>> No.23148934

>>23148835
No, this is the Light of Terra image from Lure of the Expanse.

>> No.23148943

Warp Barques and Forgeships, how big are those?
My players need a giant flagship/fleet tender/transport and they suggested those two.

Anyone got any decent info on them?

>> No.23149001

>>23148943
Forgeships are massive, bigger than battleships.

I have no idea what a warp barque is.

>> No.23149019

>>23149001
Mater Lacrimarum
The Mater Lacrimarum is the flagship and the fortress-monastery of Lamenters . It is called Warp Barque called. You must be a ship truly gigantic proportions, since in addition to all the facilities of a fortress-monastery also has docks, the whole battle cruiser can take. Only the industrial production of Lamenters is outsourced to factory ships.

From the German Lexicanum.

>> No.23149880

OP, you need to dump more spaceships.

>> No.23149917

>> No.23149994

>> No.23150106

Lunar-Class Cruiser "His Express Permission"

>Weaponry
Prow: Mars-pattern Torpedo Tubes
Port and starboard Fore: Jovian-pattern Missile Battery
Port and starboard Aft: Titanforge-pattern Lance Battery

>Critical Components
Bridge type: Exploration Bridge (Optimized for exploration and scouting, it improves augur use and allows for more accurate navigation.)
Plasma Drive: Jovian-pattern Plasma Drive 4 (Ancient plasma drive pattern, more efficient than modern drives.)
Warp Drive: Miloslav H.616-b (Twice as fast as comparable modern warp drives, but prone to attracting attention in the warp...)
Gellar Field: Strelov-pattern Gellar Field ("Shaped" to allow for faster warp travel. Difficult to repair due to antiquity. Considered unlucky.)
Void Shields: Mars-Pattern Void Shield
Augurs: Deep Void Auger Array (More sensitive and powerful than standard Augers, draws more power. See Archaeotech Components for more.)
Life Sustainer: Modified Solar-Pattern life sustainer (Retrofitted with modern components to repair damage, it is better at purification and more efficient than modern systems.)
Quarters: Standard Voidsmen Quarters
Barracks (Allows transportation of large numbers of troops for boarding and hit-and-run actions.)

>Supplemental Components
Adamantium Armor: Additional armor plated over the vessel.
Armored Prow: Extra fore armor and increased damage when ramming.
Extended Supply Vault: Allows ship to avoid resupply for greater lengths of time.
Librarium Vault: Ancient collection of writings and data accumulated by the ship. Contains ancient knowledge that might not be available elsewhere.
Munitorum: Shipboard armory that allows for equipping of crew in event of boarding and transport of exotic munitions for macrobatteries.
Observation Dome: Offers an unrestricted view of the void. Possesses Warp filters to allow use during warp travel and retractible adamantium shell.

>> No.23150126

>>23150106
>Archaeotech Components
Jovian-Pattern 4 Plasma Drive: The Mechanicus is interested in this drive, which provides greater speed to the vessel while taking up less space than modern drives.
Saturnine-Pattern Auger Array: A now-lost pattern of auger system, the Saturnine is capable of conducting incredibly detailed scans of its targets from a greater distance than modern arrays. The Mechanicus would love to acquire the array or have the opportunity to worship it.

>Past History: Wrested from a Space Hulk
The ship has been recovered from a space hulk - a mass of wrecked ships that drifts intermittently through the warp and realspace. The ship is very old (and thus of high quality), but those who know of its origins whisper that it is cursed. The ship gains +1 Armour, +1 Speed, and +3 Manoeuvrability. However, every time the crew suffers a Misfortune, the GM rolls twice and chooses the worse of the two. The curse can have many other effects as well, many ill, but a truly skilled Rogue Trader can turn any situation to profit...

>Complication: A Nose for Trouble
Something about this ship quivers at the thought of battle, always probing the cosmos for a new victim. Add +5 to the ship’s Detection, and reduce this ship’s Armour by 1, due to its many battles. Occasionally, the crew may find themselves in fights they might have preferred to avoid.

>> No.23150469

Bump.

>> No.23150532

>>23149019
>>23149001
English Lexicanum calls the Mater Lacrimarum a Chapter Barque.

About Forgeships, found something saying they are over 30 km long. Are they really that big?

Maybe an Ark Mechanicus would be a good alternative. A battleship/transport hybrid?

>> No.23150721

>>23149001
Couldn't they just get a Universe-Class and fit it with everything they need? I mean, Space dock pier; Manufactorum; salvage system etc..

>> No.23151355

>>23150721
Well they already had one but it went boom when our Mekboy rammed it into a giant spawn of Chaos. So they want to try and find something bigger, that will make them fell "safer".

They probably want to just use it to brag to other RTs and strip-loot planets, but I don't really mind that.

>> No.23152021

>>23150532
Forgeships are also mentioned in Lathe Worlds. THey re basically space-borne Forgeworlds; given enough time,they can produce almost anything, including a forgeworld. They are supposed to be a major part of any crusade fleet, especially one entering un-explored territory.

>> No.23152314

Has anything larger than a grand/battle cruiser been stated out for rogue trader yet?

>> No.23152486

>>23152314
No. Well, maybe the Universe Mass Conveyer or the Goliath Factory ship. But they're not military.

>> No.23152638

>>23152486
Speaking of the universe class, I use BFG ships to map out space combat, is there anything suitably huge I can use to reprisent a Universe Class?
It doesn't have to be GW.

>> No.23152687

>>23152638
Ramilies Space fort. Nah, just kidding.

I guess you could use a business card, that seems like it would be the right size. Though it's been a long time since I dabbled with BFG, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering the size of the ships right.

>> No.23152787

>>23152687
Or an eyedropper/small flashlight.

>> No.23152865

>>23152687
>>23152787
I was thinking more of some 3rd party minis or something.
There where some posted a while ago that I thought would make cool Rak,gol ships, but I forget who made them.

>> No.23155460

>>23148552
All the way. If I GMed, I'd make up all kinds of crap. AI-infested supercomponents, xenotech/Imperial tech hybrids, ancient archeotech ships, you name it.

>>23152314
I'm pretty sure Dark Reign had some custom rules for battleships. They were pretty damn nasty, if memory serves

>>23149880
Clearly! I must find a way to post while also sleeping!

Anyhow, gentlemen. I propose a change in subject. We have now covered how our traders fly and how they dress, but... what soundtrack accompanies them? What blazes on the Hymm-casters whenever your ship enter system?

For reference, our former crew made a recruitment video featuring the Lord-Captain singing Professional Trader. It worked like a charm and soon enough became a local hit. It was also used to annoy an entire Forge World into talking to us - we just blasted it over the Hymm-casters until they started talking with us.

Link and pic related:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l-WLa3Q

>> No.23155906

>>23155460
Bumpin' with former characters

>> No.23156078

>>23155906

>> No.23156363

>>23156078

>> No.23156370

>>23156363

>> No.23156395

>>23148552

I've made a fair number. I like them.

Of course, I'm going fuckwild on the Exelion Initiative...

Is Stars of Inequity Scanned Yet [/spoiler[

>> No.23156462

>>23156395
Shit, I forgot that was coming out.

Has Navigator Primer been released in OEF yet?

>>23155460
Depending on what's going on, I tend to use classical pieces for diplomatic and negotiating scenes. Battle scenes have tended to be from the Rebuild of Evangelion OSTs and the Dark and Demon Souls soundtracks. But it's actually kind of hard to find stuff that works.

>> No.23156490

>>23156370
we posting our Rogue traders?

>> No.23156522

>>23156490
We might as well! Pic related is mine, though I have yet to figure out just WHAT I am playing!

>>23156462
>>23156395
Exelion, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0BGnDR0M&feature=related

>Captcha: anutesh completed
Hush you, it's not Sabaton time yet.

>> No.23156578

>>23156462

Navis Primer has been scanned, unsure if the OEF version is out.

>> No.23156637

>>23156395

>Exelion Initiative

muh dick

tell me more

>> No.23156644

>>23147174
Don't the ship history packages cancel out the Complications?

>> No.23156677

>>23156644

They do, unless GM fiat.

>>23156637

It will be a long while before you see this, though the seeds are already being sown...

>> No.23156794 [DELETED] 

>>23156522

>> No.23156832 [DELETED] 

>>23156522

>> No.23156847

On the subject of Rogue Trader-y music, this is good for those 'enourmous ship looming out of the nebula' moments, or for a slow pan over a ship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLXpsxNI

>> No.23156857

>>23156522

>> No.23156890

>>23156857
having fun yet bro?

>> No.23156902

>>23156847
Honestly, Super Mario Galaxy has some good SPACE ADVENTURE! music. Very space operatic, some of it.

>> No.23156920

>>23156890
Mmm, blood.

>> No.23157002

>>23156902
Bowser's Road. Fuck yeah.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action