Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 200 KB, 800x533, cry-baby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23118013 No.23118013 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What's the most petty thing you've seen a player get offended by? I've had one player get into a tizzy because an alchemist character of mind has a significant addiction to stimulants which she uses to avoid having to sleep more than once or twice a week. I still don't get how that turned into a one-hour arguement. I wasn't even paying attention to what he said, because when you start screaming, I just picture you as an overweight sassy black woman, and I don't listen to overweight sassy black women.

>> No.23118058

Not 100% related, but I once had my players come to in-character blows over who got to loot the entirely unmagical scythe from the miniboss

It ended with the Gnome Rogue/Sorceror kicking the Fighter(who was a Sword specialist, btw) in the shins for 1 nonlethal, and the Fighter was still at 1 HP because nobody had bothered to heal either of the goons, so he passed out and the Gnome proudly claimed his unusable oversized farming implement.

>> No.23118153

>>23118013
NUH-UH BYTCH YOU DON'T DO NO DRUGS AT MAH TABLE, AH KNOW WHAT THAT SHIT DOES, MHM! WHAT DID AH TELL YOU WOULD HAPPEN? DID IT HAPPEN? MHM! CAN'T BE BRINGING YOUR SHIT TO THE TABLE NO MORE.

>> No.23122403

>>23118058
This actually sounds hilarious.

>> No.23122435

Dude in the group actually started yelling that we were ripping him off and stealing his loot because we gave the Wizard the staff we found in a dungeon. He demanded that we sell the staff and split the treasure and that anything else was stealing and alignment breaking.

>> No.23122463

>>23122403

It doesn't just sound hilarious, it IS hilarious.

>>23118058

Try the old Head of Vecna on your players.

>> No.23122504

Formerly good player got reduced to a quivering mass of bile and petulant hatred once one of the PCs was introduced as a total ass.

>> No.23122530
File: 9 KB, 200x200, Samuel_L_Motherfucking_Jackson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122530

>>23118013
>Not listening to overweight sassy black women.
This is an error anon.
If there's something that the media taught me it's that sassy black women are the wisest of all beings and have the answer for all problems into your life.

>> No.23122653

One of my players would get mad every time someone would not say his full name when addressing him. He was a chaotic stupid ninja that was trying to be Batman. I kid you not.

He eventually left the group because of it.

>> No.23122696
File: 43 KB, 750x574, DEER ARE JERKS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122696

>>23122435
wow, what a jerk.

>> No.23122713

I was told that my wizard was game breaking because I put two skill points in Knowledge(Dungeoneering).

>> No.23122728

>>23122653
"Look, Slickba-"

"Nuh uh nigga it's 'A Pimp Named Slickback'!"

>> No.23122735
File: 33 KB, 513x402, wtf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122735

>>23122713

>> No.23122746

>>23122530
Yes, but not SCREAMING sassy black woman.
A true sassy black woman will not scream.

>> No.23122752
File: 556 KB, 656x534, 1356312503664.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122752

>>23122735
>whale sperm

>> No.23122753

>>23122653
>He eventually left the group because of it.
I did a spittake and laughed.

>> No.23122762

>>23122728
His name was in Japanese and when spoken sounded like you were reading a long sentence.

>> No.23122774

>>23122753
He said we weren't taking his character seriously and that if we were serious we would all say his full name when addressing him.

>> No.23122775

>>23122735

Might I also add that the same player was increasingly asspained that I bought a shovel from a general goods store.

>> No.23122829

>>23122775
He was probably getting asspained over the idea of a wizard being effective outside of spell casting. Which is dumb in a system with limited spell slots
>>23122774
I know the jokes been made, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK6H1cH3M

>> No.23122833

These people.
Holy christ.
I'm happy I never played with such creatures.

>> No.23122836

>>23122435

Holy hell. That is the weirdest mix of "That loot is mine and I'll kill you for it" and "Let's all share equally" group treasure dynamics that I've ever heard of.

>> No.23122837

>>23122775
How DARE you buy a shovel, a SHOVEL! You are a wizard, you don't get a shovel and those 2 skill points in Dungeoneering, you can't have those either!

>> No.23122852

>>23122837

So I am not allowed to be an Archaeologist wizard?

>> No.23122856

I had a DM get increasingly pissed off at me for trying to buy a bag of flour in every town the party visited.
"Why do you want to buy a bag of flour anon?"
"I'm not telling you what I need it for, just that I need it."
"There's no flour in this town. No they can't order it in. No they've never actually heard of it so a Wizard can't make any."
This continued on for quite some time until the DM told me to stop looking for flour or leave the game. I just wanted the flour to flour bomb the Paladin to get him to lighten up a little.

>> No.23122863

>>23122829
If his name had been that short they would have probably said it.

>> No.23122869
File: 23 KB, 200x303, Indy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122869

>>23122852
I could see it being an issue regards rare ancient weapons
Pic related

>> No.23122870

>>23122856

Yeah, pretty sure the DM thought you were fucking with him.

Pretty sure you actually were fucking with him.

>> No.23122887

>>23122856
>there's no flour in this town
>no flour
>flour

what? WHAT?
How can a town now have flour? Bread is one of the main staples of peasant diet.

>> No.23122894

>>23122856
Yep, you're a faggot.
If you just told the DM it would've been fine.
But no, you're a faggot.

>> No.23122902

>>23122856
>>23122870

Even if he WAS just fucking with his DM, as a long-time runner of games myself, I see nothing wrong with this. If the dude wants to bother looking for and buying flour in every town, why should I stop him? Why should I care at all? It's a fairly harmless and common everyday item.

>> No.23122915

>>23122870
It would seem the DM was fucking with himself if anything.

>> No.23122924

>>23122870
>Pretty sure you actually were fucking with him.

Only after he said no flour. After that I decided to be an ass and go on the quest for flour. I legitimately wanted it for playing a stupid practical joke in character.

>> No.23122929

>>23122902

Because the DM is not there to amuse that faggot by being a target for his every retarded trolling attempt.

>> No.23122933
File: 50 KB, 560x400, 1248056374691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122933

>>23122902
Not only that, but it could have legitimate uses for either making food for the party while at camp, or using it to do things like figure out where invisible enemies are.

DM just sounds like a prick.

>> No.23122936

>>23122924
>After that I decided to be an ass

Congratulations, you succeeded.

>> No.23122953

>>23122752
ABRACADABRA!
There is now a pair of lesbian catgirls in the crystal ball! >>23122735

>> No.23122956

>>23122936
Players are allowed to keep things hidden from the DM, you know.

Otherwise assassins with +30 perception and Sense Motive are going to start "appearing" around your evil wizard

>> No.23122964

>>23122936
>>23122929
>>23122894
Sounds like we've got a few DMs who accidentally got a bit of fun in their campaign and they've never recovered from the night terrors it brought them.

>> No.23122966
File: 22 KB, 500x315, Whyfro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122966

I think the DM arbitrarily deciding a common enough item doesn't exist just to refuse a player who wanted it is a bit worse than "I decided to keep looking for it so I could play a funny prank on another player ICly"

Seriously, I would have just let him have the fucking flour, even if he had been planning something gamebreaking with it.

Mainly because I'm a sandbox GM but hey whatevs.

>> No.23122971

>>23122902

Plus, a good DM would take that as an opportunity to mess with the player and have some fun.

>> No.23122978

>>23122964

Yuh-huh. Enjoy having "fun" by yourself when everyone else gets tired of your shit.

>> No.23122989
File: 219 KB, 1440x900, 1359317448577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23122989

>>23122978
>Playing harmless pranks in character is "annoying shit that cannot be tolerated"

I really feel sorry for you and anyone playing with you/in your games

Seriously, lighten up. We play games to have fun.

>> No.23122990

>>23122869

That was not really my intent, my character was trying to write a book about Dwarven ruins. Needless to say the campaign ran short when that guy got buried in dirt from a trap, and I used my shovel to save him.

>> No.23122993

>>23122966
I agree.

Its a common item and you should at least give the player the benefit of the doubt.

If they fuck up and act like a piece of shit, then you can start calling them out on it. But to deny them the ability to waltz into a village store and buy an absurdly common good because you are paranoid about jokes is just bad form.

>> No.23122997

>>23122971

"Okay anon, you find a bag of flour after years of searching. Unfortunately when you open the bag a horde of dire weevils spring out. This is probably why flour is so tightly controlled. Roll for initiative."

>> No.23123008

>>23122989
>We play games to have fun.

No you don't.

>> No.23123013

>>23122997
I think you have the term "Good DM" confused with something else.

>> No.23123015

>>23122989
Harmless would have been if you told the DM what was up. Not the paladin. The DM.
Especially if you noticed he was getting upset.
But no, you are a selfcentered prick, thinking the world needs to bend to your will.
I am not even typing this for you, since I know you are too retarded to comprehend it. But I'd like to confirm to other people who are baffled by your shittery that you are not the majority.

>> No.23123020

>>23122989
No we play games to win. Fun is just something that may happen if you win. How can you be that childish and naive?

>> No.23123035

>>23123015
I'm not the guy who tried to do it, I just think that players don't need to tell GM's their every plan for every item. I'm a sandbox GM. I GM to be surprised by people.

>> No.23123043

>>23123015
While I stand by my point, I was very rude and mean, which I regret.
I'm sorry.

>> No.23123055

>>23123043
Disregard this, I don't stand by my point and I'm a huge faggot.

>> No.23123062

A person in my group would be thrown into a frenzy when we would purposely fuck up his cool characters' names to be more feminine or shorten it awkwardly.

The best was his character Aborus Wrex. One guy called him Abigail Wrex and i shortened it into Abby

>> No.23123078
File: 31 KB, 544x400, 1248055877178.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123078

>>23123055
Oh boy, we've gotten to this point in the thread.

>> No.23123079

>>23123015
>you are a selfcentered prick, thinking the world needs to bend to your will.

No, I thought "I will buy some flour" and then when told no I just asked at every town. I didn't expect the world to bend to my will. I didn't yell at the DM or complain. I just asked at every town for a bag of flour.

You're projecting quite hard here.

>> No.23123090

See, Flourguy. See what you have wrought. You have attracted the very people OP suggested we make immortal through our baffled disbelief of their autistic asspainery.

>> No.23123115

>>23123078
Disregard, we're nowhere even close to this point yet.

>> No.23123126

Back on the actual topic instead of being drawn into pointless arguments over

>FLOUR

I had a player get pissed off because, in a Pokemon the Tabletop Adventures game, he was tranquilized by the villain after he, playing a 10 year old child, kept attacking people with a meathook with the intent to kill them.

He did kill people. Like, 3 people. In a Pokemon game.

>> No.23123127

>>23122993
Especially flour. I'm just imagining this DM shutting down every request for everything mundane.
>I'd like to buy a wooden cup
Sorry, there are no shops selling wooden cups
>Tin?
Nothing.
>Pottery?
The town is entirely devoid of pottery
>A cup of any sort? A bowl even?
There are no cups, nor any sort of curved surface available.

>> No.23123129

Every DM looks at me funny when, at low levels, I pull resources off everything. I rip the hardware off doors in dungeons we raid, take shoes and other things for leather, etc.

Every bit of cash counts.

>> No.23123150

>>23123127
>no curved surfaces allowed

Guards arrest that man he is wearing a ring.

>> No.23123168

>>23123129
My buddy was the party lock picker and gave his character an obsession with locks.
He completely fumbled his roll on this one lock a couple times and snapped his lockpicking tools off inside it.
His character got so frustrated that he smashed the door to pieces and retried the lock from the debris so he could best it later.

>> No.23123174

>>23123090

I feel like someone that dropped a stone on a mountain side and then stood there watching as a giant landslide wiped out a village. I just don't know what to say.

>> No.23123185

>>23123126

Yeaaaah, you need to not game with that dude anymore, he's gonna bring a knife to the game sometime and...

>> No.23123187

>>23123174
I guess you could feel guilty about it, but who the hell builds a village underneath unstable terrain?

>> No.23123189
File: 54 KB, 571x417, coasters.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123189

>>23118013

>What's the most petty thing you've seen a player get offended by?

>> No.23123190

>>23123127
>no, nobody has to eat
>they have reached otherworldy enlightenment and require no shelter or sustenance
>you are no longer needed as there are no problems for adventurers to fix, and evil characters have no luck starting schemes
>FUCK YOU AND YOUR FLOUR GROUP DISBANDED FOREVER I HATE ALL YOU FUCKERS LAUGHING BEHIND MY BACK

>> No.23123204
File: 406 KB, 500x281, 1356600939391.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123204

>>23122953

>> No.23123212

>>23123187

The Dutch.

>> No.23123213

>>23123185
Well, we left his skype group and formed our own gamegroup. But Pokemon is always the system that gives us trouble...

Same guy who did meathook? Pressured the GM into running a 48 hour game on weekend. We'd take napbreaks every now and again.

>> No.23123232

>>23123185
Carve delightful scrimshaw figurines for everyone's characters?

>> No.23123259

>>23123232

Yeah, out of the players' bones.

>> No.23123274

>>23122929

Actually, the DM's whole purpose is to "amuse that faggot." And everyone else, mind you, but the two are not mutually exclusive. Who's to say the paladin wouldn't have found the (completely harmless, might I remind you) prank hilarious? Maybe it would have inspired some party bonding.

>> No.23123293

>>23123274
>Actually, the DM's whole purpose is to "amuse that faggot's every retarded trolling attempt."

Hm, that looks a little worse when you actually include the whole comment, doesn't it?

>> No.23123589
File: 141 KB, 504x800, Katyusha - Nonna.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123589

>>23123293
The fun never ends for you, huh?

>>23123168
Roleplaying like a boss. I just wanted to let you know that.

>> No.23123645

>>23123589
>The fun never ends for you, huh?

Nope, because I have a group that doesn't act like they're on 4chan when they're at the table.

>> No.23123696
File: 412 KB, 1280x720, Katyusha-Ziggun.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123696

>>23123645
>"Okay, guys. At my table we follow a few simple rules: There'll be no flour, no cups, no jokes, no talking, no acting and above all no fun. Got it?"

Living the dream, chief.

>> No.23123750
File: 196 KB, 150x150, kagamiyam.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123750

>>23123696
>"Okay, guys, at my table you exist to pleasure me so one of you better get to sucking my cock while I punch the rest of you in the face."

You have fun too, Scarecrow.

>> No.23123756

>>23123696
>doesn't like deliberately antagonistic "fun"
>it's a type of fun and he's against it
>he must be against all forms of fun, including the real ones
No. False reasons do not change the true reason.

>> No.23123773

>>23123750
For a second I thought you were trying to sound like yourself. Then I realized that's how you think OTHER people are acting.

>> No.23123787

>>23123773
>no u!!!!

Okay.

>> No.23123788

>>23123756
Why didn't you let the player buy flour, though?
It's a perfectly innocent item that has legit uses, like cooking or fighting invisible monsters. There's something wrong with a GM that removes a staple food item entirely from his campaign just because he doesn't trust his players.

>> No.23123800

>>23123773
>NO U
It's how you ARE acting. You equate "doesn't like people who enjoy ruining other people's fun for their own amusement" to "sworn enemy of everything good".

>> No.23123808

>>23123787
No, for real. That was spot on what you sound like.
>YOU'RE AT *MY* TABLE PEONS SO TOE THE LINE OR PAY THE PRICE!

>> No.23123812

>>23123750
This sounds something like the no flour GM would say, really.

>> No.23123817

>>23123788
>Why didn't you let the player buy flour, though?
It shouldn't matter to you, because you think that even a legitimate reason would automatically make him the very embodiment of evil.

>> No.23123824
File: 49 KB, 1280x720, Katyusha - Tank.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123824

>>23123750

I.. I have no idea where that came from. As in, I just flat-out don't understand what you're getting at.

>>23123756
Here's a simple question: Who's hurt by the evils of fun, the GM or the paladin? I sure didn't read anything about the paladin crying foul over the horrors of common household items, did you?

>> No.23123827

>>23123015
He's not producing shittery, you're just being a poopy-pants /v/ervet monkey.

>> No.23123831

>>23123808
That's spot on what YOU sound like. Except you slap on a few "fun" and "jokingly" words to add inherent dishonesty to your actions as a way of deflecting criticism.

>> No.23123839

>>23123808

Okay.

>> No.23123842

>>23123788

Just to ruin his day.

>> No.23123849

>>23123824
>Here's a simple question: Who's hurt by the evils of fun, the GM or the paladin?
You're seriously on this whole "it's just FUN, please ignore the other details" kick.

>> No.23123852

>>23123824
>I just flat-out don't understand

That, I believe.

>> No.23123865

>>23118013
>What's the most petty thing you've seen a player get offended by?

This one time on /tg/ someone mentioned something stupid and trivial like his character insisting on buying flour and his dm not letting him, and a bunch of people got all buttdevastated over it for some reason.

>> No.23123868
File: 145 KB, 850x1286, Katyusha - Tanks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123868

>>23123849
Alright, then let's try this the other way around. Can you please explain why flour is banned? Just give me a simple why.

>> No.23123871

>>23123831
Buddy, you're the one throwing a spergfit because you thought one of your players was going to turn a bag of flour into an atom bomb and ruin everything for everyone forever. You sound like a crazy asshole if I can be honest.

>> No.23123878

>>23123865

You're clever.

>> No.23123951

New reader reporting, no-flour-guy must have aspergers or something. I know, I'm in Mensa.

>> No.23123989
File: 86 KB, 704x1188, Katyusha Uber Alles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23123989

>>23123951
>>23123868

Well, the spaghetti storm seems to be over, gents. Thank the motherland for making us strong enough to withstand it. I would contribute to the thread, but I'm afraid that I have no minor shitfits - only major ones.

>> No.23123996

>>23123868
>Alright, then let's try this the other way around.
Let's not. Can you explain why forbidding one thing which gets in the way of fun makes the GM the human embodiment of evil and misery who wants to destroy all happiness?

"Ruining people's fun is my idea of fun" doesn't count as a complete explanation.

>> No.23123998

>>23123756
But... It was flour! As in, one of the most common fucking foodstuffs available in most places. I mean, he could just use sand or dust. Unless he was actually going to make bread, which I have a hard time seeing being the cause of a TPK. Overreacting is hardly ever a good idea as the GM. You'll be stuck making stupid decisions constantly. Better to step in after the fact and tell the disruptive player no.

>> No.23124017

>>23123951
I just don't get the insane levels of distrust this guy has. whenever my players ask for something, I like to say yes. Odds are that they're planning to do something cool with it, and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

>> No.23124023

>>23123871
>Subject change! Your a crazy asshole aspie shit!
You're the one saying that preventing a potentially unbalancing action is exactly the same as deliberately ruining everything for everyone forever. And unlike your strawman, you did so explicitly.

>> No.23124025

>>23123189
I'd rather not play than do it with someone that believes in coasters, holy shit.

>> No.23124030

>>23123998
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_plosion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIkD2tUU8

You're carrying around the medieval version of a nuke, and you don't even know it.

>> No.23124032

I once was playing a RT game. I asked another guy if we could somehow make our characters have met before, for something more interesting.
At which he yelled at me and told me "THE GAME ISN'T ALL ABOUT YOU" and left.

>> No.23124034

>>23123868
You are now aware the 'clever' PC's will use flour to make explosives.

That was my first thought before flour-anon explained his true purpose.

>> No.23124042

>>23124017

Likewise. He's either got a personality disorder or he's just plain trolling. Either way he pretty much ruined the thread already.

>> No.23124053

>>23123998
>But... It was flour!
But... it was not the same as being directly opposed to all forms of happiness!

Only the forms that intentionally/necessarily come at the expense of others. Which is a perfectly logical position.

>> No.23124066

>>23123996
How does flour get in the way of fun?

>> No.23124075

>>23124066
Would you allow your players in a medieval game to gather uranium and processing materials?

>> No.23124077

>>23124053

How does purchasing flour come at the expense of anything (but money)? Explain it to me like you would a retard, I must be retarded to not understand your perfect logic, enlighten me please.

>> No.23124078
File: 88 KB, 768x768, Katyusha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124078

>>23123996
>>23124023
>>23124030
>>23124034

>"Hey, GM, does the town have any sand?"
>"NO"
>"Any wood?"
>"NO"
>"Any air?"
>"NO"

In other words, whichever one of yours is the sperglord of flour-hatred, your entire argument hinges on forbidding every single item that has ever existed on the off-chance that it may somehow lead to badwrongfun. In other words, you will need to ban every single object in existence in order to stay true to your intent of prevent overpowered abuses and silly antics.

Is this what you want to do?

>> No.23124084

Gentlemen, this is not how we do things on /tg/.

So, to the asspie faggots that hate flour and fun, share stories or go shit up another board. Come back when your trolling is completed.

Flour guy, you're a cool dude, and your GM has trust issues. That said, you could have always helped the paladin with his armor, (Heavy armor REQUIRES help to don) slapped his helmet on backwards, whacked it with a stick, and run maniacally into the woods with a blind, disoriented, angry paladin chasing you. I recommend taking his sword as you run away.

Cartoons can be great inspiration, and after your wizard took a minor beating, he would have been laughing his ass off.

Especially if you'd had the flour after you got tackled and pummeled, and blasted him in the face with it.

(Of course, if you had the flour, you could have just put his helmet on backwards after adding the flour to the helmet itself.)

Oh dear, I have ideas.

>> No.23124087

>>23124066
It doesn't, and it shouldn't, but he really should have just told the DM why he wanted the flour.

Some DM's don't want to know their PC's schemes. Others want to be able to factor it in. By not telling your DM why you want something, you're basically telling him to fuck off. Tell your DM to fuck off? That means you don't have a DM.

Basically, both of them were in the wrong. On the plus side, flour-anon already apologized.

>> No.23124100

>>23118153

God damnit, why did I lol? Now the cops are coming to take my ass away from me on account of my breaking my one-lol-a-day parole!

You bastard, Anonymous number 23118153! God damn you! GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL!

>> No.23124110

>>23124078
Actually, my campaigns are quite silly. (I was the last on you quoted.) However, I can understand why another DM might be opposed to it.


Of course, such DM's can always surprise their players, by declaring 'magic', surface area does nothing to explosions. That's what fireball is for.

Don't like the DM's brand of fun? Don't play with them. Don't have a game? That's what happens when you want your own fun over theirs. Is the other DM right to not like your fun? Probably not, but it's his fun to make and maintain.

>> No.23124116

>>23124087
What if I wanted to buy flour just because I saw someone talking about buying flour in a internet forum.

>> No.23124127

>>23124077
No. The subject is not that easy to change, and worrying about a potentially game-breaking combo does not automatically make someone the enemy of all happiness, despite you specifically claiming that it does.

>>23124078
That's not an explanation of why your interpretation is equivalent to his statement. That's ignoring the actual claim being made and substituting your own.

>> No.23124133

>>23124084
In my players last adventure, my PC's made glitter and handed it out at the local Medieval Prom, so that when the dancing and signing attracted invisible monsters, the glitter would stick to them, allowing the PC's to be fought.

It was awesome, but I'm glad they told me why they wanted it, when they wanted it.

>> No.23124135

>>23124075
Sure. They'd have to invent plastic explosives first, of course, and the out-of-the-blue DC on that takes three pages to write down, so hey, why not?

>> No.23124139

>>23124116
Then you'd be retarded.

>> No.23124144
File: 46 KB, 300x300, creeley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124144

>ITT a bunch of grown men argue over the dynamics of why you should/shouldn't be able to buy flour.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

>> No.23124153

>>23123998

I am now imagining ways in which baking bread could cause a TPK.

Bread Golem?

>> No.23124161

I have a friends who doesn't like Dark Heresy because there are skulls everywhere in 40k.

>> No.23124163

>>23124144

Welcome to /tg/.

>> No.23124172

>>23124127

But... I'm not changing the subject. We are still talking about fucking FLOUR, you won already, thread derailed and ruined, just explain what's wrong with purchasing flour already. No, you know what, I'm going over the street to my friend, and then I'm going to the store to purchase two cans of pepsi, and you can't stop me from purchsasing my pepsi motherfucker.

>> No.23124175

>>23124153
Mad Bakers that bomb the PC's inn in the night.

The explosion does enough damage to kill them instantly.

lololol, flours fun right?

>> No.23124176
File: 76 KB, 500x642, remus-takes-the-cake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124176

>>23124144
This, I've seen some stupid ass arguments but this really takes the cake.

>> No.23124177
File: 1.47 MB, 1920x1080, Katyusha WP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124177

>>23124110
It's not that I demand the GM to obey my every command (My GM would hit me over the head with a giant toy spider if I did) but I fail to see how acting as a complete asshat for no other reason to paranoia can in any way be considered reasonable GMing.

>>23124127
That's exactly what is being said here. Flour is banned because the player could potentially want to abuse it. What if he wants to get sand instead? It vanishes. It could potentially be used for abuse. It's just such a nonsencial standpoint to have.

>> No.23124178

I don't see how making a flour bomb can be game breaking. All you have to do is justify why nobody else uses it by making it either expensive, impractical and/or weak. And yes, the player saying he wanted to get flour without telling what he wanted it for (when the dm was obviously very anal on this) should've come clear and said he wanted it for a joke. While I don't fully agree with this dm's particular flavour of needing to know all their players are carrying, I think both the dm and player should've sorted it better, rather than a war of attrition or whatever bullshit they did.

>> No.23124189

When I see lord autismal over here talk about 'the potential for flour to be part of a gamebreaking combo' my only thought is who hurt you? Who hurt you?

There's no way some guy didn't McGuyver himself something so vicious in a game once that it burned that guy forever and now he's afraid of everything.

>> No.23124193
File: 17 KB, 367x461, 923734647.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124193

>>23124144

Better than costers at least.

>hurr durr I can't put my glass in a specific palce because fuck common courtesy.

>> No.23124199
File: 44 KB, 640x480, 1343969933334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124199

>>23124153

>> No.23124208
File: 22 KB, 360x359, 1360181409821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124208

>>23124193
>common courtesy
>crazy fetish for little squares of wood only the fucking aristocracy knows of

>> No.23124214

>>23124177
But.... why wouldn't you just tell him?

The DM in question has probably had a PC go batman with mundane items before.

>> No.23124220

>>23124208
> I did you the favor of locking those threads and disabling your forum account.
Where the fuck do you live. Every house I've been in had a set, and I'm solidly middle class.

>> No.23124222
File: 372 KB, 896x504, 1356535070914.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124222

>>23124199

Is it time already?

>> No.23124234

>>23124127
Listen to yourself. The GM banned a staple food item from his campaign because he was afraid what the player might do with it (this in a game where wizard can make fireballs with a snap of fingers, to boot).

This is not by any stretch sane, and still you're defending his actions.

>> No.23124243

>>23124172
>But... I'm not changing the subject.
You made the extreme and indefensible claim that the GM's ruling made him the pure evil enemy of all happiness. Now you're being called out on this leap of logic; rather than defend your claim or admit that it was wrong, you instead disregard it completely while continuing to insult those who challenge it.

>> No.23124251
File: 280 KB, 1200x533, Lady-Admiral Bianca Dolcetto Amaretto2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124251

>>23124208
Peasant confirmed.

>>23124214
Oh, don't get me wrong. If my GM demanded to know why I wanted to spend an entire session on acquiring Best-Quality wine, then I'd tell him. My point is, he wouldn't - because it's wine, not a bloody macrobattery of death. Which is why my GM is awesome and Rogue Trader conquers all.

>> No.23124258
File: 120 KB, 524x492, 1358967694649.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124258

>>23124208

>So poor he calls normal people aristocrats

Dirty peasant.

You are the fucking guest, at least follow the rules of the house. It's not. That. Hard.

>> No.23124260

>>23124144
>grown men
Debatable.

>> No.23124269
File: 82 KB, 896x504, 1343963899593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124269

>>23124222
>already
As if it ever left.
There is no escaping this, my friend.

>> No.23124272

>>23124243

No, I'm the guy who wrote "New reader, mensa" etc, I don't know what you are babbling about, seriously. I'ts like a mad mans rant. Now i'm going to go get that pepsi fo' real.

>> No.23124274

>>23124234
>Listen to yourself.
Listen to your own self. You made him out to be the embodiment of evil, and you have yet to even acknowledge this.

>> No.23124284

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on /tg/ will go to any lenghts to defend DMs being completely fucking retarded, because muh rule zero.

Just take a step back and think of the implications of FLOUR CEASING TO EXIST because a player didn't want to tell the DM what he was going to do with it. That makes no sense at all. I guess agriculture and the peasants are fucked then, because bread doesn't exist and they apparently aren't growing any grains either or all crops everywhere have died.

>> No.23124287

>>23123015
Jesus Christ, man. Relax.

Not telling all your plans to your GM isn't the same as being selfcentred nor game-destructive.

>> No.23124289
File: 13 KB, 190x288, 1360444307001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124289

>>23124220
>>23124251
>>23124258
I'm sorry I don't observe your religious practices. I also don't pray before gobbling down food, nor I yell whatever it is the japs yell when they eat.

>> No.23124291
File: 6 KB, 320x180, 1359934388942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124291

>> No.23124305
File: 176 KB, 896x504, kill me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124305

>>23124269

I, for one, welcome our new meatbread overlords.

>> No.23124307

>>23124284

I think no-flour-guy is just one guy, I don't think anyone is defending him, most posts on the anti-flour side are written in the way of a deranged lawyer.

>> No.23124311

>>23124274
No one's calling him 'the embodiment of evil' you fucking psychopath, we're just saying he's an anal-retentive freak which he demonstrably fucking is. A normal human being doesn't go WTF SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN when someone buys flour ingame. I can't even imagine the sort of train someone's run on you when you think this kind of paranoia is normal or understandable.

>> No.23124323

>>23124307
>deranged
How is calling someone the DEVIL over a game ruling not "deranged"?

>> No.23124324
File: 74 KB, 468x960, Surely you jest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124324

>>23124289
Too tangential to be good bait, and poorly worded to boot.
2/10, consider taking night courses.

>> No.23124329

>>23124307
His "point" is hilarious. Instead of directly defending the dm, he's calling out people for overreacting in humorous ways.

>> No.23124333

>>23123189
Now that's clearly uncivilized. Use a coaster.

>> No.23124337

>>23124324
How would you word it?

>> No.23124340

>>23124323
I actually wordsearched devil and you're the first person in this thread to say it so go fuck yourself. Stop putting words in people's mouth you cocksucker.

>> No.23124343

>>23122894

Being a DM the vast majority of the time, If I ask why a player does something I don't believe that they have to answer it. What they are doing, they should, the DM should know everything that goes on in the universe, but just as a brain surgeon can't see thoughts, a DM shouldn't be able to demand reasoning.

Some of my best moments DMing have come from the simple

"Why?"
"I have a plan"

>> No.23124346

>>23124311
>No one's calling him 'the embodiment of evil' you fucking psychopath, we're just saying he's an anal-retentive freak which he demonstrably fucking is.
You "just said" that his ruling meant that he was violenty against ALL FORMS OF HAPPINESS. As if he just hated fun for some reason you didn't bother to imagine. Which is completely different from his stated reasoning.

>> No.23124351

>>23122752
Fish sperm is actually used in some scientific methods. She must be a scientist.

>> No.23124363

>>23124274
FLOUR ceases to exist because the GM is afraid of his players. What else needs to be said?

>> No.23124373
File: 102 KB, 500x452, Katyusha - Crying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124373

>>23124289
0/10 would not invite to dinner.

>>23124243
>>23124274
You made Katyusha cry with your nonsense. Damn you, damn you to hell.

>> No.23124378

This thread is hilarious, someone who knows how, please archive this shit.

>> No.23124386

>>23124346
Stop thinking that everybody who thinks you're a retard is one person or life is going to disappoint you. He's probably not AGAINST fun, that's obviously someone being cheeky, but the fact remains that he is acting like an obstructionist when it comes to fun because he's too afraid of his fucking shadow to trust a player with FLOUR of all fucking things.

>> No.23124388

>>23124363
Quite a lot, according to the ones who equated that to "he must be against everything we enjoy just because we enjoy it". Which is the purest example of demonization you're likely to find in a while.

>> No.23124398

A player got pissed he was not advancing as well as the rest of the party, who were working on infiltrating BBEG's castle by masquerading as local workers, while That Guy was all "I'll run around the woods hunting critters and looking for treasure."

>> No.23124399
File: 8 KB, 208x199, 1331921201359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124399

>>23124388
Please, stop. You're so autistic it's making me sterile.

>> No.23124404

>>23124291
Seriously. Did some nigga throw a chair or something? This argument reeks of /v/ and /b/

>> No.23124413

>>23123015
You are either really butthurt, or a half decent troll.

Either way, don't ask that DM for water, or air, a TPK from suffocation in the middle of an open air village is not a good way to go.

>> No.23124416

>>23124399
>has a memory span of over a minute
>autistic
If you're so upset by being held accountable for your wild accusations, you should take responsibility for them.

>> No.23124428

>>23124337
Something more along the lines of "Sorry I don't fucking worship your little bits of wood" or the like. You gotta tie it in with the actual topic better. As it is, it just makes people pause for a moment and wonder "wait, when was this about religion?", and that moment of thought tempers their responses.
You must consider your bait from many perspectives if you wish to reap the bounty of the electronic sea. The connections between thoughts must be clear enough to avoid bafflement, but no so clear that confusion is avoided entirely.

Now, go stand on that bamboo pole for six hours, and your training will continue.

>> No.23124429

>>23124398

Stop derailing the thread, it is about FLOUR god damn it

>> No.23124443
File: 29 KB, 400x300, abandon thread!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124443

>muh flour
>muh flour
>muh flour
>muh flour
>muh flour
>muh flour

>> No.23124450
File: 775 KB, 1000x783, 1359078826143.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124450

>>23124351
>whales are fish
Fish sperm is also a cooking ingredient, under such names as "salmon milk", as I learned to my horror one morning after a bowl of cereal.

>> No.23124455

>>23124413
>changing the subject again
Keep in mind that the player who wanted the flour specifically refused to state his reasons, and admitted outright to wanting it to make a bomb as a means of teaching another player a lesson, and to intentionally being obnoxious.

>> No.23124458

Haha. This whole argument is surely pathetic.
If you want to buy a bag of flour sure, go ahead. The only question I need to ask myself is "would flour be available here?"
If it's yes, you can have it for its price (or even try and steal it). If it's not, I'll tell you why it's not available and I won't discuss about it. But I won't go out of my way to get normal, plausible stuff out of my way.
If you try to be a dick using flour or whatever, I have the experience and the tools to take on WHATEVER you're throwing at me. Because I'm the motherfucking DM.
Any other option, like "removing flour from the setting", is simply retarded. There's no arguing to be done about this. It's stupid and clearly wrong. No point in furthering this. I'm outta here. Never change, /tg/.

>> No.23124459

>>23124053
It came at the expense of immersion, though. It's a silly overreaction. Imagine the GM saying gravity doesn't exist because a player intended to drop water balloons on the head of a fellow player. It's performing surgery with a chainsaw.

The sane solution would be to tell the disruptive player to stop disrupting the game, not to start ripping chunks out of the setting preemptively because he might end up disrupting the game.

>> No.23124463
File: 87 KB, 400x304, 24034205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124463

>muh flour

>> No.23124469

>>23124455
Do you not know what flour bombing means?

It just means "I'm going to throw flour at you"

It is entirely harmless

>> No.23124474
File: 73 KB, 525x333, flour fight.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124474

>this thread

>> No.23124476

>>23124428
I wasn't exactly trying to get people mad. I was trying to make my point while also wrapping it in a joke. Yes, I did say outright claim that it was a religious practice, but I don't believe that, I also don't think anyone would seriously compare it to religious practice, so I cartoonishly exaggerated my point for arguable humorous effect. What I said about not knowing anyone that uses coasters is still true, though. And in all honesty, I don't see the practicality behind their use. On a side note, thank you for your explanation.

>> No.23124479

>>23123020
What are you saying. Loosing is fun!

>> No.23124492
File: 42 KB, 510x384, TG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124492

/tg/, a magical place.

>> No.23124498

>>23124492
>TPK_by_flour.avi

>> No.23124499
File: 37 KB, 628x418, 628x471.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124499

.

>> No.23124503

>>23124469

All I hear is bomb you terrorist.

>> No.23124506

>/tg/ can't be trolled
>Erupts into full-on warfare over fictional flour
Something tells me we may be a bit delusional.

>> No.23124509

>>23124469
Using a game-breaking combo that relies on questionable physics to kill off another player over an obscure grudge, while playing it off as teaching him a lesson about "lightening up" and having a very specific variety of fun, isn't something I'd put past a self-admitted intentionally disruptive player.

>> No.23124521

>>23124476
Meh. They're handy if your drinks are cold and your glasses are thin, or if somebody's got a touch of the Downs are can't take a sip without dribbling a bit down the side. I just think having damp spots on the table is a pain in the ass, since it'll ruin sheets and such.

>> No.23124522
File: 947 KB, 220x220, 1360542646150.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124522

>>23124506
I think this is fucking hilarious, so I see no reason for it to stop.

>> No.23124525

>>23124509
>You're covered in flour now. Minus 10 Pulchritude Points. You die.

>> No.23124527

>>23124455
flour bombing is when you throw a bunch of flower at someone. It is harmless.

I don't understand the problem here. Why does the dm need to know the exact purpose of everything you choose to do? Aren't these games about role playing? Why keep someone from roleplaying?

>> No.23124531

I wonder what would /ck/ say. Jesus Christ...

>> No.23124538

>>23124459
But he wouldn't say why he wanted gravity! Maybe he was going to jump up and down on the king until he made him the successor to the throne! banning gravity is the only sensible option to keep the game on track!

>> No.23124542
File: 35 KB, 369x500, 1351466469524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124542

Rolled 3

>>23124509
The level of projection and conjecture in this post is beyond me.
Rolling SAN.

>> No.23124544

>>23124509
>my dark fantasies are the standard by which people play DnD
Just give it up. You thought a flour bomb had something to do with white phosphorous and I'm embarassed for you.

>> No.23124552

>>23124527

Thanks buddy, you just erased flowers from existence as well.

>> No.23124553

Fuck me. Way to autism /tg/

>> No.23124557

>>23124459
Which is still completely different from "He wants to destroy everything fun in the world! EVERYBODY PANIC!"

You can't retroactively make a wildly vitriolic argument right by making a different argument.

>> No.23124564

>>23124531
>/tg/ has been banned from the kitchen

>> No.23124570
File: 21 KB, 256x347, Picard04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124570

>>23124552
>what thell is he-
god damnit, I'm an idiot

>> No.23124581
File: 126 KB, 700x700, 1360102827286.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124581

>>23124557
Which wasn't the argument everyone was using. The DM's position is indefensible. You're just grasping at straws from a single dude to derail the conversation.

>> No.23124582
File: 19 KB, 359x270, No_Soup_For_You.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124582

>>23124531

>> No.23124587
File: 77 KB, 896x504, meatbread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124587

>>23124564
We've been banned from the kitchen for a looooooong time, anon.
Specifically, since the guy who made this abomination tried to make popcorn and ended up destroying a microwave.

>> No.23124597

>>23124133
So did they know there was going to be invisible monsters or did you throw in invisible monsters after the fact?

Because if you did do it after the fact, there's plenty of proof for keeping shit from you, you fucking asshole. Every time a PC comes up with something you have to throw something in to counter it or have a deeper reason for it instead of just letting your PCs surprise you.

Are you Hisao? Will you have a heart attack if you're approached too suddenly?

>> No.23124606
File: 82 KB, 666x666, snibeti-sad-frog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124606

>>23124521
Sorry for wasting your time.

>> No.23124615

>>23124557
Actually, I was bypassing the argument only you are making. I'm saying banning flour because someone might do something disruptive with it, rather than any of the million harmless things people actually use it for is fucking insane and the sign that the person in question probably shouldn't run a game.

He was wrong and stupid. He might hate fun, I don't know. But he overreacted and kind of came off as a giant babby and a piss-poor GM.

>> No.23124617

>>23124581
No, my point is not secretly an attempt to prove a completely different point. For all the talk of "others said that, but I just agree with them on everything else", folks seem suspiciously unwilling to speak against the "enemy of fun" witch hunt they've got going on.

>> No.23124622

I was really hoping this thread would be hilarious, but alas You petty assholes are shitting up the thread by arguing the symantics of whether or not a DM was in the wrong.
Its a useless waste of time that is neither funny or in the spirit of the thread. Now you guys need to quit being manchildren and just contribute or shut the fuck up.
Jesus.

>> No.23124623

>>23124606
It's no big dea-
>666x666
I'M ON TO YOU, SATAN. YOU'LL GET NO MORE SECRETS FROM ME.

>> No.23124633

>>23123062
Haha, I haven't heard my character's actual name in weeks, we have a character that gave us all nicknames and they've more or stuck.

>> No.23124637
File: 104 KB, 685x933, oots0317[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124637

>>23124527
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flouromb
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>There are two types of flour bombs:
>The relatively innocuous use of flour in a fragile container, thrown at a person or object to produce an inconvenient stain.
>The dangerous dust explosion that can occur when an air suspension of the fine organic, often starchy, substance is ignited.

If it does under the paladin's max HP, it's a great nonlethal prank.

>> No.23124646

>>23124622
Is IS hilarious.

Did you not read the part where the Aspie thought he was going to BLOW UP THE OTHER CHARACTER WITH THE FLOUR

>> No.23124649

During a Rogue Trader session we all had a twenty minute argument (possibly longer, my memory is clouded by time and rage) about whether our terrible Rogue Trader should be allowed to bring her pet horses with her onto the space hulk we were investigating.

Well as it happens she DID take them with her and they provided nourishment which allowed her to survive slightly longer when the Seneschal left in one of the two landing shuttles, blew up the other one and staged an otherwise bloodless coup d'etat.

(and there was much rejoicing)

>> No.23124650

...This has got to be the most successful de-rail I've seen in a long time.

To the one guy who's carrying on this argument and defending the anti-flour DM, kudos. That's just art. It's pedantic and fucktarded, but it' art.

>> No.23124667
File: 393 KB, 625x692, 12846283534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124667

>> No.23124677

>>23124667
I fucking laughed my ballsack off

>> No.23124694
File: 18 KB, 482x445, 1355685707905.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124694

>>23124587

Woooaaahhh man...

He made POPCORN? Link please.

>> No.23124709

itt: people trying to defend their drugs

why aren't you laughing at the crazy guy on op's story you junkies

>> No.23124716

>>23124667
>That drawing style

Hold on a second! Was that originally drawn by 3-Angled-Blue?

Yes, i know is off-topic but we already derailed the thread anyway

>> No.23124717

>>23124694
The thread didn't get archived (does /ck/ even have an archive?), and he was too busy getting outside and choking on smoke to take pics.
He may have increased his odds of getting lung cancer in the process, though, if the comments were anything to go by.

>> No.23124722
File: 21 KB, 425x282, flour.s600x600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124722

>>23124709
Because we're discussing game breaking weapons of mass destruction

>> No.23124725

>>23124637
>bomb
>nonlethal prank
I don't think it's fair to equate "doesn't like being caught in explosions" with "stick-in-the-mud fuddy-duddy who HATES FUN".

>> No.23124729

>>23124717
how do you fuck up making popcorn so badly?
and also, what was wrong with his meatbread?

>> No.23124737

>>23124725
>flour bomb
>literal bomb
RETARD DETECTED

>> No.23124745

>>23124729
I have no idea but fire was involved, somehow.

>what was wrong with his meatbread?
What WASN'T.

>> No.23124746

>>23124725
The rogue already said the prank was "harmless", so I'm guessing he meant covering the pally with floor, not harming him without permanent damage.

>> No.23124750

>>23122856
I sincerely hope we're not thinking of the same flour bomb, because if we there wouldn't be much of a paladin to lighten up.

>> No.23124763
File: 67 KB, 574x650, 1360208868336.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124763

>>23124161
Is he aware there's a skull inside him right now?

>> No.23124771

>>23124717

I'll try looking at chanarchive. I don't know if they have a personal archive though.

>>23124729

>what was wrong with his meatbread?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.23124775

Jesus, this thread.
When someone mentions a "water bomb", do you immediately assume they're talking about deuterium fusion weapons?

>> No.23124783
File: 282 KB, 595x801, 1359819366341.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124783

>>23124176

>takes the cake

>> No.23124785

>>23124729
>and also, what was wrong with his meatbread?
>>23124269
YOU LOOK AT IT AND TELL ME.

>> No.23124794

>>23124775

Id I didn't I would be risking a horrible death, anon.

>> No.23124806

>>23124785
Dunno, that seem a perfectly normal meatbread

>> No.23124809

>>23124775
WATER IS BANNED, FUCK YOU

>> No.23124818

>>23124806

Ah, forgive me, didn't know you browsed /tg/ lord Satan.

>> No.23124833

>>23124750
Oh, I think he'd be lit up aplenty.

>> No.23124842

>>23124818
Well, it also help that every meatbread i saw was like that, any pic of "good" meatbread?
And goddamnit! How did you managed to find out my true identity? This imageboard is supposed to be anonymous!

>> No.23124851

>>23124775
> sagebomb
> the device detonates, and a multitude of old wise dudes are propelled in every direction

>> No.23124858

>>23123126
that is perfect

>> No.23124862

>>23124842
No really, take a closer look at that thing. The limp strip of raw bacon. The greasy, pasty meat (oh, you thought that was bread on the plate there? hahahaha). The darkly yellowish slime that used to be cheese.

>> No.23124873
File: 154 KB, 411x384, anything.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124873

Success, elegan/tg/entlemen! I have found a /ck/ archive.

>>http://fuuka.warosu.org/

And even better, I have found the thread of our old friend!

>>http://fuuka.warosu.org/ck/thread/071999

>> No.23124881

>>23124862
I swear this was on purpose

>> No.23124882

>>23124775
"What are you going to do with that large amount of water, anon?"
"FUCK YOU YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW!"

>the world has been drained of water by the BBEG

>> No.23124886
File: 2.68 MB, 400x225, Implications.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124886

>>23124851
Closely related.

>> No.23124895

>>23124851

You should try to turn off that aura of dread sometime, your highness. It goes through the internet.

>> No.23124896

>>23124873
Yep, that's it all right.

>> No.23124897

So my Dm got a girlfriend once and she started playing with our group that we had been running with for about a year. We were playing furst edition and I had a Magic user who after many hard fought battles and several campaigns was at level 14.
So She starts a character, magic user level one and I take her on as my apprentice and she is actually pretty fun to play with.
So we play for a few days and she gets up to lvl 3 and my magic user pats her on the head and goes off to his tower to read some books and work on his plan for an army of golemns.
I as a player go home for the weekend because I have a job.
Two days later I return, and she is no longer my apprentice. She is decked out with enchanted shit and is level 16.
Fucking two levels higher than me..She gained 13 levels in two days.
I rage quit and left the group, my friends left with me, the dm and the girlfriend broke up a month later and I still dont play with that asshole.

>> No.23124920

>>23123212
>implying we have terrain down here

>> No.23124933

>>23124775
There's no water at this town Anon

>> No.23124939

>>23124897
already knew it was something rage-worthy on the sixt word

>> No.23124948

This is some seriously autistic shit going down in this thread. The guy wanted some FUCKING FLOUR. It is none of the DM's business as to why he wants it - he's probably gonna cook with it, or something equally mundane (in this case, an in-character prank, which is fucking harmless). Never have I seen such a feud break out over something so fucking non-nonchalant outside of /v/. Holy Christ. And before one of you flour-banning faggots goes "hurr durr ur returrd", without reason, I'll have you know I have an IQ of 139, so fucking shut your faceslit.

>> No.23124955

>>23124897
but did you flour-bomb her before you left?

>> No.23124963

>>23124897
Maybe you'd have gone up in levels as briskly as she did if you sucked a mean dick. Ever consider that you misogynist pig?

>> No.23124977

Mcguffin to end world hunger:
Sack of Endless Flour: If the cord is loosened from this ordinary-looking sack and a command word spoken, an amount of integral or white flour pours out. Separate command words determine the type as well as the weight and velocity.

“Stream” pours out 2 Kg per round.
“Fountain” produces a 5-foot-long stream at 10 Kg per round.
“Geyser” produces a 20-foot-long, 1-foot-wide stream at 60 Kg per round.

The geyser effect causes considerable back pressure, requiring the holder to make a DC 12 Strength check to avoid being knocked down. The force of the geyser deals 1d4 points of damage but can only affect one target per round. The command word must be spoken to stop it.

Moderate transmutation; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous Item, Create Food and Water; Price 9,000 gp;Weight 2 lb.

>> No.23124984
File: 3.23 MB, 445x247, laughing_whores.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23124984

>>23124948
>I have an IQ of 139

>> No.23124986

>>23124948
I was with you until you tried comparing IQ-dicks.

Poor form, mate.

>> No.23124995

>>23124948
still better than everyone on the thread going LEGALIZE POT PLS FAGGTSS 420 BLAZE IT XDDDD

that's supposed to happen on ledditt and /b/

>> No.23125004

>>23124995
Hey. Hey.

Suck my penis.

>> No.23125006

>>23124986

Well I normally don't take the dick out, but I saw the Mensa guy got taken somewhat seriously, so I thought it might be the only way to calm the hivemind of sperg. It had to be done.

>> No.23125007

What a sane DM does: "Flour? You easily find a store that sells bags of flour for 10 coppers. Here you go."

What an insane asshole DM does: "Flour? I didn't expect you to buy flour, I don't find flour funny or interesting, I can't imagine why you'd want flour, so fuck off."

>> No.23125036

>>23125007
If the player had just passed a note to the GM as to his intentions the whole thing could've been avoided , probably.

>> No.23125038
File: 795 KB, 2016x1134, 1355434979170.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125038

God dammit demonbread guy.

>Here you guys go, a picture of the microwave chilling on the balcony. I figured leaving it inside was a shit idea. Oh, and that book you see in the corner? Ciaphas Cain: Defender of the Imperium? A nice /tg/ book?
>It's out on the balcony because there's mold growing on it - I managed to get it wet while reading in the tub. It's being treated with a splash of listerine, though.

>> No.23125042

>>23124948
>IQ of 139

what are you, american?

i had that when i was eight

>> No.23125043

>>23125006
You really should have predicted how it would have been seen.

500 confirmed kills, numerous secret raids, etc.

>> No.23125062

>>23125004
how long is it

>> No.23125067
File: 20 KB, 243x240, 1359778017718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125067

>>23125038
>>It's out on the balcony because there's mold growing on it - I managed to get it wet while reading in the tub. It's being treated with a splash of listerine, though.
MOTHERFUCKER I HAVE TO FIGURATIVELY SELL MY ASS TO IMPORT THOSE FUCKERS AND YOU MANAGE TO RUIN ONE FUCK YOU

>> No.23125069
File: 323 KB, 1280x698, Katyusha - Tank Storm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125069

>>23125007
Did you just call me an evil, daemonic hater of all happiness!?

>> No.23125072

>>23125007
Every adventurer should have a bag of flour on them. What the fuck else are you supposed to do if someone turns invisible?

>> No.23125078

>>23125043

I know how it is seen by the normal person, but I also know how it is seen by autists. In my experience, the socially inept really like IQ. I should know, I'm rather socially inept.

>>23125042

Yeah, the test that I got the result from I took when I was seven. But this really shouldn't turn into an IQ thread. I suppose it is better than a flour thread though.

>> No.23125080

>>23125072
flammenwerfen

>> No.23125084

>>23124597
..... They knew there were invisible monsters in the area. They also knew the prom was tomorrow. It was clever use of their surroundings, and in the process they made it such a great prom that one of them has started a legend about a travelling saint of proms that wears a plague mask.

Throttle down the insults pal.

>> No.23125086

>this thread

Thanks guys, my work day has been fucking boring and this has made me laugh uproariously

>> No.23125090

>>23123213

Man, whoever allowed themselves to be pressured into running a 48-hour game over Skype is maximum beta. MAXIMUM.

>> No.23125105

>>23125038
>>23125067

Hahaha, oh wow, he was this close of actually dying for cooking.

>Friendly word of advice, sir...
>What you created in your kitchen by overcooking expired popcorn (or, more accurately, expired 'buttery topping') is diacetyl. It's incredibly dangerous and awful for you in large doses or over time.
>Google "popcorn lung" for more information, though I think you're fine if you don't have any symptoms now.
>(I don't know about this from cooking - I use electronic cigarettes and many flavours from chinese factories contain diacetyl - it's one of those 'things to avoid').

>> No.23125116

>>23124955
Nope, but the day before they started dating she sucked my dick.
Many secret chuckles were had.

>> No.23125123

>>23125069
Oh boy, Katyusha's back.

Gloriana's is better and you can suck it.

>> No.23125145

>>23125078
Piece of advice: don't engage the autists. Ever. Only if you're bored and plan on fucking with them.

>> No.23125151

>>23124746
If the Rogue's intent had been to use the flour to blast away the Paladin, would it change the discussion at all? What does the DM do when someone wants to use a common mundane item to *actually* wreck shit?

Flour-Anon obviously did not have that intent. This is a hypothetical. Playing Pretend.

>> No.23125157

>>23125116
did you manage to get a severe case of dehydration before the blowjob so your jizz was so dry it was man-made flour?

>> No.23125160

>>23125123
Oh god, please, tell me that is "thread specific" and not another avatarfag! If i wanted avatarfagging i would go on /b/ or /v/ but please, please don't shit up /tg/!

>> No.23125181

>>23125160
Only avatarfag we have around here is that sergal guy, and I haven't seen him in a while.
So quit yo spazen.

>> No.23125193

>>23125181
He's bad enough as it is.
Not bad actually, poisonous. He's a plague.

>> No.23125202

>>23125151
Stop playing doubles avocado.

>> No.23125208

>>23125116
what
explain

>> No.23125219

>>23125208
Mark?

>> No.23125222

>>23125219
Anthony?

>> No.23125227

>>23125219
uhhh... no.
i-i... i am... uhh... roger

>> No.23125231

>>23125160
I haven't seen Katyusha before. Probably just this thread. Moap also avatar fags as Asuka, but then again, Moap also tripfags... does the avatar fagging even count when you're already a trip?

>> No.23125247

>>23124746
If you read "harmless" and think "not going to hurt anyone", then you're giving lighthearted joking good-natured pranksters far too much credit.

>> No.23125254

>>23125231
i hope avatarfags and tripfags all die

don't they get that this isn't reddick

>> No.23125264
File: 974 KB, 240x149, thumbs up.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125264

>>23125222
Veni.

>> No.23125298

>>23124153
Tastiest. Golem. EVER.

>> No.23125319
File: 37 KB, 389x383, breadnought.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125319

>>23125298
EVEN IN DEATH, I REMAIN SOFT AND LIGHTLY FLAKY.

>> No.23125323

>>23124398

Were you masquerading as local millers out to sell the BBEG flour so he could derail God's campaign with amusing pranks?

>> No.23125328

>>23125069
Man, you are REALLY offended at this whole "hold people accountable for things they actually say" thing.

>> No.23125350

>>23125145
>I consider people who disagree with me to be autistic subhumans and deliberately ruin every conversation they try to have. This makes me the winner, which makes me right.

>> No.23125356

>>23125298
>>23125319

How about a butter and toilet paper golem?

>> No.23125363
File: 464 KB, 400x300, little devil.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125363

>>23125356

>> No.23125364

>>23125350
Now you're understanding how to win an Internet argument!

>> No.23125365
File: 339 KB, 1000x1000, Katyusha - Stylin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125365

>>23125123
Ah, finally a worthy opponent! Best put on my stylin' hat, then. Bring it on, tramp!

>>23125231
Oh, just this thread, for sure.

>> No.23125382
File: 92 KB, 1280x720, teatime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125382

>>23125365
I'll be impressed if you so much as manage to make me spill a drop of tea...~

>> No.23125415
File: 60 KB, 640x360, Katyusha - Meh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125415

>>23125382
Bah! I bet you don't even eat jam alongside your tea!

>> No.23125431

>>23125415
...You're going to make me search the Internet for more pics, aren't you?

Damn the fandom for preferring Katyusha. So many pics of her out there.

>> No.23125439

>>23125365
>>23125382
>>23125415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7z_55EdM

>> No.23125470

>>23123996
You are a god tier troll. You're almost perfect, but I just find you unbelieveable.

>> No.23125482

>>23125363
Looks like someone already posted the story today.

>>23114156

>> No.23125591
File: 83 KB, 600x400, Катю́ша.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23125591

>>23125415
Кто вы? Я единственный и оригинальный!

>> No.23126181
File: 58 KB, 500x385, turtle-mountain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23126181

>>23124897
Clearly, it must be fun to play a level 3 character with a bunch of level 14's around. I mean, it's an honour for her to be in your group, right? The kind of thing that an aspiring player can only dream of....

>> No.23126382

>>23123079
>forgetting that he then insisted on questing for flour

How are people pretending that he isn't that guy for that alone?


The dm is supposed to make it fun for you and you for him. When he made it clear that it was bothering him you should have dropped it for the session and brought it up in private and resumed it the next session.

It may have seemed like a cute joke to toy, but I can see how it could have green annoying and suspense/mood destroying.

If you are in the middle of a tense quest and you show you don't care because, "herp derp I need a bag of flour for a top secret mission."

If you were a good player you should have just said general provisions and not been a giant tag.

>> No.23126512
File: 20 KB, 608x344, guaranteed_replies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23126512

So is this thread the coasterocalypse of 2013?
We're barely out of January, this is bound to be a good year...

>> No.23126838

Holy shit, popcorn lung is bad, but its name is amazing.
>Bronchiolitis obliterans
The name just screams "ANAL DESTRUCTION"

>> No.23126951

>>23126838

I'd prefer to have my ass being destroyed instead of my fucking lungs!

>> No.23126967

>>23125470
>How DARE you hold me accountable for my statements, you UNBELIEVABLE TROLL! You're as bad as the DEMONS who hate all fun!
If you find it so offensive for your words to be acknowledged, there's an easy solution: admit you were wrong.

>> No.23127194
File: 11 KB, 210x210, Itcantbehelped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23127194

>>23126512
Truly, these will be exciting times.

>> No.23127339
File: 183 KB, 896x672, Katyusha - Cold War.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23127339

>>23125439
Mother Russia demands an explanation for this tomfoolery!

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action