Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.23085809 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

How did the Navis Nobilite work in the Dark Age of Technology? How could they navigate the warp without an Astronomicon?

Also, general Navigator discussion.

>> No.23086613

I imagine they resorted to small warp jumps, in much the same way that Tau do.

Either that, or traversing the warp was easier before Slaanesh's birth.

>> No.23086645

They probably had a working network of starmaps and could navigate through non-spooky-magic means, that being thousands of psykers going up in a fireball at once.

>> No.23086730

I think it was a combination between a partially active Astronomicon, a calmer Warp and ancient now-lost technology.

>> No.23087704

>>23085809
>How did the Navis Nobilite work in the Dark Age of Technology?
We don't know, there's only speculation.
>How could they navigate the warp without an Astronomicon?
We don't know, there's only speculation.

>> No.23087859

Warp jumps without a navigator are possible, but you're going totally blind and can end up inside a star or in the middle of interstellar space.

Navigators are able to sense (in various ways ranging from visual to sounds and smells) the currents of the warp and therefore have, not only having an idea where everything's located, but also a sort of sense where they're going and in what direction the currents are pushing them. Astronomicon merely gives the navigators a fixed point, so they can check their relations to it and plot the course to take them in the right direction.

Astronomicon means more accurate jumps.

>> No.23088470

I read the question wrong, disregard the part about the Astronomican in >>23086730. I was thinking of the Great Crusade-era.

>How did the Navis Nobilite work in the Dark Age of Technology?
Probably quite similar to the Navigators in 40k, except using advanced technology to compensate for the lack of the Astronomican.

>How could they navigate the warp without an Astronomicon?
With considerable difficulty, and many terrible, terrible fatalities, I would assume.

>> No.23091017

In the Horus Heresy book, Mechanicum, it's stated that there's a massive "psychic beacon" on Terra. They even TAP THE FUCKING PSYCHIC POWER out of it, filling their entire powergrid with emprah magic at some point, leaving their machines immune to warpcode corrupting everything.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action