Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 353 KB, 980x1428, 1358218333200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971086 No.22971086 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What do you think of the idea of characters getting skimpier outfits the more powerful they get? I've seen it suggested a few times on /tg/.

Alternate thread topic: Impractical skimpy adventurers just cuz

>> No.22971226

If you play a system where defense is based off the character's level/abilities, so that a high level dude is more protected while naked than a low level guy in the thickest plate, your job is pretty much done for you.

>> No.22971236

>>22971086
If that's what the group wants, sure, especially in highly fantastical games.

>> No.22971285

>>22971086

that is the single most retarded picture I have seen on /tg/ in a month

good job OP

>> No.22971360

why not make it a cultural thing? Heroes in ancient mythology is often depicted wearing nothing but loincloth or less

>> No.22971411
File: 268 KB, 800x1122, 1353179761644.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971411

>>22971360

that should read "... are often depicted..."

anyways, I think it's a good excuse for having half-naked wenches in your campaign

>> No.22971419

>>22971285

You have very low standards if you think Solange is that bad.

>> No.22971454

Because if you have Glammored armor, you can wear whatever you want.

Basically, more magic = less need for clothes.

>> No.22971457

>>22971360
Yeah, to show that the heroes are 2tuff. I personally think that it's pretty dumb, and pretty immersion breaking. I've never had this happen in a game of mine, but wouldn't it be weird if once a player leveled up they said "ok and now I cut away more midriff off my shirt,"

>> No.22971467
File: 55 KB, 460x646, 1300831122301.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971467

>>22971411

Provided you have friends interested in playing half-naked wenches and it doesn't get weird.

>> No.22971488

>>22971454

Alternatively,

>"I have bits of metal stuck just under my skin. That happens when you get stabbed, sliced, torn, and raked multiple times over the course of a day."

>> No.22971513

>>22971086

>What do you think of the idea of characters getting skimpier outfits the more powerful they get?

Large naked half-orc barbarian swinging his axe and "flail"

>> No.22971592
File: 535 KB, 716x1100, 1274447525854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971592

>> No.22971602
File: 35 KB, 400x267, Kentaro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971602

>"So I've been thinking..."
>"Dangerous."
>"Right, yeah, whatever. Why does our comely wizard keep wearing less and less as we adventure?"
>"Vanity."
>"... Then why do you keep getting more and more armor, paladin?"
>"Also vanity."
>"And the druid turning into bigger and crazier animals?"
>"Less vanity, more insanity."
>"... Bet she fucks like a tiger."
>"Wouldn't suggest it. Less fun than it sounds."

>> No.22971609

because armor-enchanters are a bunch of goddamn perverts.
The older they get, the more powerfull and more perverted those fuckers are.

>> No.22971646

>>22971609

Just like the dwarves from Oglaf

>> No.22971735
File: 191 KB, 483x940, Shelyn_by_boudicca.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971735

>>22971602

Sounds about right. Girls get less and less clothes, guys get bigger armor.

>> No.22971801

>What do you think of the idea of characters getting skimpier outfits the more powerful they get?
Why not.
But I think skimpy outfits are a particular case for a particular kind of adventurers. As they get richer and able to avoid injuries (or uncaring for them), they'll change their clothing/armor to be more excessively elaborate, luxuous, etc. Anything eyecatching works, including but not limited to partial nudity.

>> No.22971808

>>22971801
>>22971602
Think very successful landsknechte.

>> No.22971840

What about characters getting more stylish the more powerful they get

>> No.22971866

>>22971735

She's kinda fat is she pregnant?

>> No.22971889

>>22971866

Nah, it's a man.

>> No.22971907
File: 934 KB, 1440x900, 1327438794566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971907

>>22971086
As long as there is an agreement/understanding between the players and the storyteller as well as appropriate with the rest of the setting, I have no problem with it.

If the group enjoys it, go for it.

>> No.22971913
File: 397 KB, 1002x1417, Lady_Of_Pain_finds_a_heckler.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22971913

>>22971840

>> No.22971942

>>22971907

Why not just wear pants?

>> No.22972006
File: 49 KB, 500x500, rocketship.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972006

>>22971942

Because cutoff jeans haven't been invented yet.

>> No.22972023
File: 30 KB, 350x500, ziggy-stardust.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972023

If I was somehow able to get away with it, I'd dress like a young david bowie everyday.
I suppose powerful characters would do similar things.

>> No.22972026

only if it applies to the men as well

and not just barbarians either

>> No.22972029

>>22972006

Surely putting thin fabric over your legs can't be a chore, considering the enormous benefits

>> No.22972038

>>22971942

Because their legs and asses look really, really good and they want to show that off?

>> No.22972108

>>22972038

Not worth the cold, scratches and cuts.

>> No.22972135

>>22972108

For you, whinerbaby, they're high-level characters, they probably don't even notice that shit.

>> No.22972219
File: 283 KB, 716x716, 1297868262383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972219

I quite like the idea that eventually you're so badass you can kick as much ass in a bikini and barefoot as in full plate

>> No.22972233

>>22971086
>I've seen it suggested a few times on /tg/.
No you haven't.

>> No.22972252

>>22971419
...Wouldn't it be "unreasonably high"..?

>> No.22972320

>>22972219
That does tie in with heroic mythology. Hercules was never said to be wearing any armor, and is often portrayed in artwork from ancient Greece as fighting naked (or near naked). And Beowulf, especially in the actual myth, fought Grendel naked. Having your hero kick ass and take names, while wearing nothing more than a loincloth (if that), was a common shtick to hero myths.

>> No.22972381

>>22972320

True.

>> No.22972403

Star Wars Saga Edition literally works like this.

Unless you play a soldier who puts talents into superior armour use by mid levels everyone will higher defences outside of armour than in it.

>> No.22972476
File: 71 KB, 361x1499, 1342831739467.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972476

>>22971086
>>22971285
hmm i like the time glass in the sword. id have it in the hilt and have it gyroscopically stabled. keeping it running during combat.
say when its drawn from the scabbard the time glass starts to run down. counting the time it does x affect

>> No.22972514

>>22971457
Wait, you think cultural nudity and intentional baring of flesh is dumb and "immersion-breaking?" What's so immersion-breaking about it? It has more of a basis in history than dragons and magic!

>> No.22972549

What about not dressing like a slut?
Oh wait this is /tg/

>> No.22972565

>>22972549
>slut-shaming

Tsk.

>> No.22972570
File: 57 KB, 372x319, bbb_coa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972570

Sounds like a game of Busty Barbarian Bimbos to me.

>> No.22972596

>>22971457
see bronson the man was constantly getting naked to have massive brawls with the prison guards.
if your gonna be naked youve got to stick to it from the beginning,

>>22972514
i dont think takeing off clothes because you 'leveled up' works logically. not without some reason, maybe you gained werebearness/hulk anger/whatever and are sick of your clothes being destroyed.

>> No.22972607

>>22972320
One of the things armor spergs forget is that the original point of these roleplaying games was to play out your own heroic myth or fairy tales. Things like loincloth barbarians and boobplate predate roleplaying by centuries. People need to remember that Dungeons & Dragons is not a simulation of real life. It's not even a good simulation of actual medieval combat! But considering the aesthetics fantasy genre is overwhelmingly influenced by art depicting Germanic myths and Classical heroes, you'd think people would give flashy/minimalistic armor SOME leeway. Not every setting is A Song of Ice and Fire, guys.

>> No.22972656

>>22972596
>i dont think takeing off clothes because you 'leveled up' works logically. not without some reason

Culture isn't always logical and reasonable. For a minute, I thought you were referring to characters having minimalistic armor in general, but I don't see anything wrong with a particularly vain character who has been increasing in skill going, "I'm such a stone-cold badass, I don't need all this armor. Fullplate is for pussies! Come at me, bro!", especially if they've got a decent AC bonus from DEX.

>> No.22972682
File: 111 KB, 450x600, a1a79cdb973137d276f83e3df2a8497c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972682

I think we all know we aren't putting the girl paladin in midriff-exposing boobplate and a micro-miniskirt because it's culturally-appropriate. Be honest with yourself and have fun.

>> No.22972699

>>22972682

Oh Ragnarok Online, you bitch you

>> No.22972708

>>22972682
>I think we all know we aren't putting the girl paladin in midriff-exposing boobplate and a micro-miniskirt because it's culturally-appropriate.

Depends on the culture. If you're referring to real-life cultures, then no, but fictional cultures could have different standards.

You can be honest, have fun, but still fluff the stuff because you enjoy it more that way.

>> No.22972719
File: 180 KB, 1139x803, unrealisticarmor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972719

>>22972682
I know right? Since when was it culturally acceptable to wear a miniskirt and expose your torso in combat?

>> No.22972721
File: 37 KB, 300x405, 90044c4c790bb534712a2c71e574691f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972721

this is totally reasonable for protective use

>> No.22972753
File: 227 KB, 859x892, 8b4bf2f66220febf5e8c8f70b77aaa99.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972753

>>22972708
The fictional culture has its women warriors dressed like that for entirely contrived reasons and you know it. So players can have some tits & ass. That's one of the underpinning conceits of BBB.

>> No.22972755

>>22972719

If most role-playing games took place on Earth at any point in its history you might have a point.

>> No.22972758

>>22972721
unless no

>> No.22972764

>>22972721
While its primary function is cheesecake eyecandy, at least it covers the vitals (minus the head) to some extent and it's a hell of a lot more than more warriors
went into battle with in history.

>> No.22972768

>>22972753

I never denied it, I'm just saying that doesn't mean there can't be a cultural reason built in to the fictional culture. Just because you want T&A doesn't mean the only way you can have it is "HERP DERP 'CAUSE I SAY SO WATCH ME DROOL", you can actually support your desires with story.

>> No.22972780
File: 449 KB, 1202x1280, 9be55a47de91fbac0fe09101cef81e68.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972780

>>22972719
That armor looked like that for a similar reason as the cheesecake armor. The cheesecake promises sexiness. The gladiator promises bloodsheld.

>> No.22972788

>>22972755

Why is it unreasonable to assume that non-historical cultures could come to the same conclusions as historical cultures?

>> No.22972791

>>22972755
Oh no I too agree that fantasy settings should allow for different cultural standards than those found in history. I'm just addressing the people who go "This would never work." when in fact in did work in real life, so why not in fantasy?

>> No.22972798

>>22972719
You know NO ONE would bring that to a total war battle right?

That armor was weared for enternainment purposes and specially designed for the weapons and the way of combat those performers had.

>> No.22972808

>>22972788

Why is it reasonable to assume they would?

>> No.22972814

>>22972780
Therefor, is it such a crime to emulate Classical ideals of spectacular in fantasy, when fantasy itself draws influence from these ideals?

>> No.22972816

>>22972768
I'd say that trying to justify T&A as a part of your setting is even sadder than just admitting it and moving on.

>> No.22972817

>>22972788
They -could- come to them, but assuming that that will be the case in the majority of settings is as dickish and retarded as coming into someone else's thread and yelling at elf pictures, WHY ISN'T THAT ELF GREEN AND THREE EYED

ELVES IN MY CAMPAIGN ARE GREEN AND THREE EYED

>> No.22972825

>>22972798
Good thing D&D isn't about total war, has never been about total war, and will never be about total war.

>> No.22972829

>>22972808

because people like to look at other people naked. i repeat, what's your argument?

>> No.22972833
File: 159 KB, 1281x1097, 8f6cb5f2ae9e94a5903992e1c63193cb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972833

>>22972768
Which is creepier, a guy that glances at a girl's butt as she walks by, or a guy that carefully waits hidden in the hedges to surreptitiously do the same? Just embrace the tits & ass desire and get on with your game. Everybody knows why you made your cheesecake culture. Trying to justify it makes you look less like a hormone-tweaked adolescent and more like a dangerous sociopath.

>> No.22972838

>>22972816
One of the most fun parts about world building is DMing, fuck you.

>> No.22972847

>>22972798
Since when was D&D about total war?

>> No.22972850

>>22972833
Sex and violence (the life urge and the death urge, you could say) are the two most enduring fascinations of the human race. People come up with rationales for the violence in their campaigns, doing the same for sex is fine.

>> No.22972856

>>22972780
Point of view. The gladiator promises sexiness too.

The only reason why cheesecake is condemned and beefcake isnt is gurlz, halfbaked obsession with (a personal, opinionated and dysfunctional) reality in my imaginary pretend games and stagnant thinking lacking any imagination.

>> No.22972860

>>22972814
No, I'm pro-cheesecake. Mankind can only benefit from more ass & titties. I'm just against self-deluded behavior.

>> No.22972874

Let me just throw this out there.

Bracers of Armor.

Bracers of Armor basically gives you a forcefield that protects you like you were actually wearing armor. There is no weight, no restrictiveness, you're just protected as if you were wearing armor. You invest in the really good ones and you might as well be wearing invisible weightless fullplate.

The bracers protect you no matter what else you're wearing. You can wear anything you want. Even go naked... it's not like your sensitive bits are actually going to be making contact with anything in a way that could hurt them.

If you had that amount of freedom, you could go into battle wearing a lime green zoot suit or lingerie, whatever suits you. Some people would probably wear normal clothes, some people would want to show off for whatever reason... anywhere from "I look good" to "I look distracting" to "I can kill you while dressed for bed, come at me orcbro".

>> No.22972876
File: 896 KB, 3140x2420, 05a9bc4127de2dfcf3dfa1af5f458579.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972876

>>22972850
sex is its own rationale.

>> No.22972881

>>22972847

You've got a point, but it's rarely about fighting in front of audiences. The entire point of that costume is that it wasn't protective.

>> No.22972883

>>22972816

Well who cares what you say?

>> No.22972889

Can someone tell me why it matters? If you don't like it, play a game that doesn't have it.

Also, women like showing off their bodies sometimes, as do men. Not -that- unrealistic for a woman to be proud of her body and it's not -that- unrealistic for someone to be stupid enough to go into battle while doing it, right?

Am I the only one who accepts that not every character has to do what we expect?

>> No.22972899

>>22972833

And your comments make you seem like a condescending douchebag, so I'll take adolescence.

>> No.22972913

>>22972876
>BE SHALLOW LIKE ME, I DEMAND IT.

Get used on your own time.

>> No.22972918

>>22972833

>coherent fluff makes you a sociopath

alright then

>> No.22972919

>>22972881
No, the point of the armor was to be flashy and spectacular. Which is what fantasy is supposed to be as well.

>> No.22972926

>>22972833

Or someone who likes world building and takes it seriously, but also wants some skimpy outfits here and there? Nope, no way. Creepy pervert.

>> No.22972933

>>22972889

A character doing it is fine. An entire culture being that foolish is amusing.

>> No.22972942

>>22972719
But that particular example is irrelevant unless your player characters happen to be fighting as performers rather than as warriors. That outfit isn't designed to be useful for combat; it's designed for entertainment purposes.

>> No.22972947

>>22972942

It's not. A simulationist. Game.

>> No.22972958

>>22972919
No it's not. Not always. Not even anywhere near always.

>> No.22972965

>>22972942

maybe the culture believes that taking wounds in battle is a holy act. maybe they believe that no man or woman's life is as important as the chance to glimpse rippling abdominal muscles in the thick of battle. maybe you're a repressed assclown who needs to care less about whether other people put cheesecake in their games and/or come up with reasons why its there

>> No.22972971
File: 122 KB, 663x350, mybrainbroked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22972971

>>22972958
>Fantasy is not supposed to be fantastical.

>> No.22972984

>>22972933
In a fantasy setting with healing magic and magic shields that deflect blows, armor is only really a secondary defense. Plus, most of these examples are anime as fuck and everyone in anime has magic!

>>22972965

Or this.

>> No.22973008

You guys really need to get laid.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that everyone on /tg/ is "that guy" in the group.

>> No.22973009

>>22972947
>>22972965
WHAT THE FUCK?
I didn't say it was impossible to create a narrative where player characters wear similar armor for justified reasons. I'm saying that those reasons would be for something other than practicality. I am not opposed to skimpy outfits completely. I was just pointing out that the example provided wasn't a universal justification.

>> No.22973016

>>22972984
See, that first reasoning I have no problem with. "It's just fanservice, don't think about it too hard." >>22972965 just hits me the wrong way because they want it to make sense if you think about it, and it never does.

>> No.22973026

>>22973008
>I've pretty much come to the conclusion that everyone on /tg/ is "that guy" in the group.

Don't project, That Guy.

>> No.22973031

>>22972971
Your view of the fantasy genre ignores and excludes hundreds of works, games, and other media which are not purely about superficial coolness.

>> No.22973032

>>22972965

Yeah, or they choose speed and cunning over brute force and huge armor.

>>22973009
You can't universally justify a whole fuckload of different settings, dude.

>> No.22973038

>>22973016

Maybe you're just failing to understand how it makes sense.

Maybe you're not very smart.

>> No.22973044

>>22972856
>Point of view. The gladiator promises sexiness too.

it's not a point of view, it's a historical fact that gladiators were dressed not to appear sexy but for the purposes of violent entertainment. the romans had plenty of manwhores, they didn't dress like gladiators.

>> No.22973051

>>22973016
It's not literally impossible to justify the outfits. It's just that most people don't bother to, or their reasoning is flimsy.

>> No.22973057
File: 98 KB, 837x954, 1359141679650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973057

>> No.22973061

>>22973031
Fantasy certainly has branched out, but the original basis for the aesthetics modern high fantasy are, well... fantastical depictions of myths and fairytales.

>> No.22973076

>>22973008
I find myself getting more interested in T&A when I have recently had sex.

In contrast, the friends I have that are near-Taliban in terms of hating fanservicy outfits are the ones that haven't had sex in a very long time.

>> No.22973083

>>22973032
Yes, but gladiator armor =/= a justification for chainmail bras for adventurers who don't have death wishes. Sure, there might be a reason for it, but you'd have to actually put some effort into it.

>> No.22973085

>>22973076

The correlation is obvious and invariably hilarious. Nobody likes to be reminded of all the shit they can't get.

>> No.22973093

>>22973061
Yes.
And NOT about flashy cool stuff.
That's actually fairly recent on the literary timescale.

>> No.22973094

>>22973057
We went over this the first time that image was posted. She would've been fucked, anyway. Armor is not a magical shell of invulnerability, especially when it comes to arrows and crossbow bolts. Get a picture of her getting disemboweled by a slashing weapon and we'll talk. This request is totally unrelated to my guro fetish.

>> No.22973104

>>22973076

There's actually quite a strong contingent of anti-sex nerds of every stripe out there, and they're hardly the ones that are married or dating supermodels.

I mean, does anyone remember the rage at the new episodes of Doctor Who because apparently the Doctor isn't asexual? Gasp! Fury! A lot of Whovian neckbeards lost their minds!

Some nerds simply turn their frustrations inward and become as obsessed with denying sexiness as others become in reveling in it. They want their fantasy lives to be as devoid of arousal and titillation as their real lives are.

>> No.22973109

>>22973051
>>22973038

You're right, should have said "almost" and added "without being horrifically contrived."

>> No.22973115

>>22973094
>guro fetish.
A man after my own heart!

>> No.22973117

>>22973093
>And NOT about flashy cool stuff.

Except what you're calling "flash cool stuff", WOULD fall under fantasy.

>> No.22973118

>>22973083

Several people in the thread have just fucking shown that the "effort" you're required to put in is like three seconds of thinking about things that have actually happened in history. Are you some kind of cheesecake justification elitist? Do you have your own story bible with forty pages, footnoted and cross-referenced, laboriously plotted out across the span of decades, on the origin of cheesecake in your universe? I'm baffled as to your motivations for arguing about this otherwise.

>> No.22973121

>>22973083
>adventurer

Its entirely justified for everyone that isn't an ordinary nonmagical fighter.

>> No.22973123

>>22973094
I'm not an expert on armor.
Anyone who has at least a bit of knowledge care to explain to me why thick metal plates don't stop arrows? Are they really that strong? Honest question.

>> No.22973133

>>22973109

Practically every fantasy culture is "horrifically contrived" it sort of comes with the territory of being invented to fit around the story the creator wants to tell as opposed to being generated organically through thousands of years of development.

>> No.22973138

>>22973117
Not disagreeing at all.
But it's not "what fantasy is supposed to be about" which is all I was arguing.

>> No.22973141

>>22973104

it's funny because the major reason men watch Dr Who is to get laid

>> No.22973142

>>22973123
Because normally they aren't that thick.

>> No.22973154
File: 349 KB, 1000x1552, redsonja.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973154

>>22973083
>chainmail bras for adventurers who don't have death wishes.

Fact: If Red Sonja were male, nobody would be giving two shits about what she wears.

>> No.22973158

>>22973118
Yes I am an "elitist" in that I discriminate between good writing and bad writing.

>> No.22973160

>>22973123

bodkin arrows have a LOT of penetrating power and can punch through plate at several hundred meters (although not reliably).

>> No.22973162

>>22973121
Depending on the degree to which their magic protects them / requires them not to be armored, of course.

>> No.22973163
File: 117 KB, 800x726, guy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973163

>Here's the character portrait of my fighter. In his culture, it is considered a religious honour for fighters to wear open coats with no undershirt. They prepare for battle by lounging in comfortable setting. The rose is a badge of his office.

>> No.22973166

>>22973154
Pretty sure the general opinion would be against said chainmail bras, if Red Sonja were male.

>> No.22973169

>>22973154
Red Sonja sort of bothers me because she is cursed to die if she has sex, but wears an outfit that makes people think about having sex with her.

>> No.22973171

>>22973123

Physics.

Basically metal can only be so strong at any given point. If enough force is applied to that point it will fail. Arrows and crossbow bolts have a nice tiny point where they hit and begin expending their kinetic energy.

Sort of why pretty much any bulletproof vest is only rated for stopping or lessening the impact of handgun bullets, not rifle bullets. At certain speeds of impact the armor just goes "Well, that's it for me, I'm outta here."

>> No.22973175

Look.
There is time for serious, well-thought settings...
...and there's time for silly.
I can totally think of a universe where weapons inflict nonlethal damage, mainly to clothes. And that volume of clothes doesn't matter. Yes, it will be silly. But we should embrace the silly, gentlemen.
Come, /tg/. Enter my magical realm.

>> No.22973179

>>22973141

... What?

>> No.22973183

>>22973166

I think I peed a little but I can't figure out where it went.

>> No.22973185

>>22973169
>Red Sonja sort of bothers me because she is cursed to die if she has sex

What. No.

>> No.22973186

>>22973169

I don't think you know as much about Red Sonja as you think you do.

>> No.22973187

>>22973154
Actually I would still.
You assume too much.
The Barbarian himself always has appropriate equipment when he can get ahold of it.

>> No.22973191

>>22973115
He probably prefers women's hearts.

>> No.22973193

>>22973154

Because the conversation would go "It makes no sense", "I know." No one tries to justify Conan's loincloth as anymore more than Rule of Cool.

>> No.22973207

>>22973185
>>22973186

Then I guess I probably misunderstood a conversation /tg/ had about her.

>> No.22973209

>>22973123
>why thick metal plates don't stop arrows?
>thick

Either you have a exceptionally liberal definition of "thick", or you're over-estimating the thickness of plate. A straight shot from a composite bow or crossbow can punch through plate easily, and it has. One of the reasons why the Mongols and their descendents were so OP.

>> No.22973215

>>22973193
Fighting is fucking hot, wizard spells don't observe armor class.

>> No.22973222

>>22973179

nerd women watch it for british guy of the season, and nerd men watch it because their values are determined by women

>> No.22973223

>>22973193
>Rule of Cool.

/thread

>> No.22973227

>>22973175
and yes, same applies for men too. I don't discriminate.

>> No.22973231

>>22973207
>Then I guess I probably misunderstood a conversation /tg/ had about her.

She has a spell on her that she can only fuck a guy who defeats her in combat, and few ever have. So she's constantly horny but can never get laid.

>> No.22973233

>>22973209
>>22973171
>>22973160
Ah I see.
Like I said, not an expert. But surely arrows don't totally trump armor completely? Sometimes it can offer protection, right? Otherwise, I guess it's not really worth your time. Makes me wonder why wars wouldn't just be fought with nothing but legions of bowman, like how guns (or tanks/aircraft?) dominate today.

>> No.22973235

>>22973215
By "fucking hot," are you talking about temperature or sexiness?

>> No.22973245

>>22973193
Barbarians don't wear armour for fluff reasons. That's fine for men and women both. The problems start (if it is a problem) when you look at the difference between male and female wizards, male and female fighters, male and female rogues, ect. Generally the males look appropriate to their profession (old wizards in flowing robes, rugged rogues decked out in leather and knives, ect), while the women generally look like youngish attractive women wearing skimpy clothing.

>> No.22973246

So lets say they're planning a raid on a fortress with a big bunch of archers guarding the walls.

Perhaps these people prefer quickness and agility over useless plate, then? I know I would. But just enough plate to protect easy to hit areas like my thighs, arms and shoulders would be enough if things get too close.

I bet I'd look pretty unrealistic, huh?

>> No.22973247

>>22973235
Yes.

>> No.22973252

>>22972874

Man, I totally wanna RP a guy wearing a zoot suit now.

>> No.22973256

>>22973222

Doctor Who didn't start with Christopher Eccleston, y'know.

>> No.22973274

>>22973233
They kinda did. But any competent cavalry quickly cut archers into ribbons if they were not protected by infantry, which in turn was countered by another infantry and so on...
really, medieval warfare is rock-paper-scissors.

>> No.22973294

>>22973256
Dr.Who used to be for nerdy guys and now it's for nerdy girls and guys who want to fuck them or the die hard fans who started watching when it was for neckbeards.

Just search the Dr.Who tag on tumblr if you dare, you'll see what he means.

>> No.22973298

>>22972833
>Trying to justify it makes you look less like a hormone-tweaked adolescent and more like a dangerous sociopath.
I wish I hadn't read that.

>> No.22973302

>>22973246

How is your torso not something easily hit by archers?

>> No.22973306

>>22973246
I'm just gonna point out that you don't actually know what you're talking about and put about ten seconds of thought into your scenario. If you thought about it more you might find that the armor would have been more useful to your mission. Also depends on other mission details.

That said, you're right. Nothing wrong with having a character not wear heavy metal fucking plates and chain all the time if they don't always need it, or if it would get in the way. If there's an actual reason, suddenly it isn't unrealistic anymore, regardless.

>> No.22973307

>>22973233
Some breastplates were curved so that arrows would hit it at an angle and bounce off, but it wasn't guaranteed and used more in the pike n shot age than the medieval age. Popular with Conquistadors for obvious reasons.
Still, if you wanted to show how much better armor would've served that else, something like a fatal slashing attack would've been better.

>> No.22973308

>>22973298
We all do

>> No.22973322

>>22973308
They're even agreeing with my point and I wish I hadn't read it.

>> No.22973325

>>22973294
>Dr.Who used to be for nerdy guys and now it's for nerdy girls and guys who want to fuck them or the die hard fans who started watching when it was for neckbeards.

That also applies to RPG's, LARP's, fantasy literature and science fiction literature. As well as board games.

The only sausages-only hobbies left are Magic and Warhammz, which each have vanishingly small percentages of women. Warhammz has some female fans, but they only draw shit about the setting, they don't play.

tl;dr there is no male nerd culture anymore outside of GW and MtG

>> No.22973328

>>22973302

You misread my post, the armor I do have would be to protect from close-encounters. The idea was to be light and agile enough to get close and avoid arrows using cover and a good shield or something.

Agility over armor, basically.

>> No.22973332

>>22973307
Oh I never posted that image. I'm just some guy who was wondering.

>> No.22973343

>>22973328
Well whatever you're wearing to protect you from harm won't look like a bikini and probably won't be very sexy. Then again, that depends on who you ask.

>> No.22973382

>>22973245

I never got why barbarians are always portrayed as half-naked. In most settings, they seem to live in places where wearing something to protect you from the environment would be almost necessary. It's the people in civilized places that can afford to go around with no protection.

>> No.22973386

>>22973343
It could be if I had heaps of gold, a good smith and wanted to die in style if I was going to die at all.

Though, I'd probably still wear pants since I'd be doing a lot of sliding around and I don't want to deal with taking skin off my knees doing so.

>> No.22973403

>>22973382
Actual barbarians in history didn't wear much armor, so why should they wear more in fantasy?

>> No.22973404
File: 177 KB, 400x586, 111128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973404

If the game, the players and the DM all like it, why not?

It's not like roleplaying has any hidden dogmatic values which makes it "good" or "bad".

it's about having fun.

And it's not like official D&D art (for example) doesn't have lots and lots of this type of art anyway.

>> No.22973407

>>22973382
You're right, barbarians would have been covered in furs in the cold, but probably not so much in warmer places.

>> No.22973414

>>22973382

Basically they're adjusted for their climates and either don't have the money for lots of clothes or just don't see the need.

I mean look at real-life islanders. Sure they could wear lots of clothing to protect them from the sun and animals and whatnot, but they generally do actually just wear loincloths.

>> No.22973416

>>22973382
>I never got why barbarians are always portrayed as half-naked

The Romans wrote a lot about how the Germanic and Celtic tribes barely wore anything, which is mostly where we got it from today.

>> No.22973423

>>22973382
I think it has something to do with most of Conan's art being Frazetta or whatever his name was. He drew him all muscular.

What I'm saying is: to show off the muscles. (Because it is cool.) It's all superficial, used to draw you into reading more.

>> No.22973452

I like sexy pictures in a completely different and separate way from the way I like medieval fantasy, and fiction/games in general. It makes me cringe when they mix together.

>> No.22973454

>>22973158
>I am an elitist, because I discriminate between good fun and bad fun

>> No.22973460

>>22973163
Keep your rose driven fetishes out of my game Tom.

>> No.22973485

>>22971086

Only if it happens to the males as well.

And both and extremely attractive.

And they fuck for our amusement.

alt. they fuck other people of their own gender in similarly skimpy (and growing skimpier) outfits. Just out of fairness.

>> No.22973486

>>22973454
I am an "elitist" because I discriminate between bad writing and good writing.

I just repeated the post because you seem to have not understood it. Hopefully it will sink it on the second read.

>> No.22973499

>>22971285

To be fair, the sword pisses me off more than the girl's outfit (though they are both kind of dumb, the sword just looks overdesigned and unwieldy as hell)

>> No.22973527

>>22973485
I don't even care if it's fair. Just as long as it doesn't try to pretend like it makes sense, or that I should take it seriously. But the thing that really gets me about this art style is that it's plastic-crayola looking. Which just makes it look like someone vomited a rainbow all over it. Not much thought put into it, just a mess of shiny pretty things that don't go together. Yes, I know you're not supposed to take it seriously. Which is why I don't. Crazy animu bikini knights are stupid. A thing can be both stupid and cool/sexy simultaneously. It happens all the time.

>> No.22973531

This works in Exalted, actually.

Really anyone who buys up Resistance\Stamina charms and has sufficient magic to make themselves immune to nearly all forms of damage and bodily harm even while completely nude. Given the linearity of Charm trees, this makes this a very real thing.

It also helps if you aren't looking to run around in armor or waste motes attuning it.

>> No.22973541

>>22973499

Eh, the game she's from is intentionally silly. Extremely silly. Her design is a parody.

>> No.22973543

>>22973414
>I mean look at real-life islanders.
Doing most of your daily hunting in/around/on water kinda means you want to wear as little as possible, since most shit just weighs you down when swimming.

>> No.22973546

When I play women I usually play unattractive women that are well clothed/armored and make up for it with supercilious or sassy as fuck attitude (Playing a Nosferatu at the moment). Not because I don't like T&A or because I'm afraid of sex, just because those are the types of characters that interest me. I find them...endearing. If someone were to make a character who is flawless and scantily clad then that is up to them, who gives a flying fuck? It's their character, doesn't affect yours at all. In fact, my characters would likely point out how fucking retarded she was because they'd be a massive cunt! But I digress, what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't really matter what they wear as long as they're playing it well and aren't being a total Mary Sue about it.

It's still better if they try to make sense of it though, for the others players consideration if nothing else.

>> No.22973557

>>22973531
Yea but not wearing armor isn't the same precise thing as THE ABERRANT GUMDROP SUNSHINE HORROR OUTFITS or OBVIOUS TRAMPY BIMBO SEXSUITS that are typically depicted in these sorts of pictures, which I think is the real topic at hand.

>> No.22973558

>>22973527

It makes sense in certain games or settings like Mutants and Masterminds or Exalted, or even in D&D with certain classes like the Monk and Barbarian getting natural Damage Reduction from being dead hard bad asses and Armor Class boosts from their spiritual and physical training.

But I agree its pretty stupid for a character type who it doesn't make sense for, like a warrior who's always ran around in functional full plate or a sorceress who's got some extravagant, comfortable ass robes.

>> No.22973560

>>22973527
my nigga.

...the sad part is, i already am thinking of a setting.

>> No.22973563

>>22973546
By 'make sense of it' I mean give their character a reason for wearing so little and giving them stats/a personality to match...

>> No.22973578

>>22973558
I wasn't really criticizing the core story, just the art style I guess. Crazy kind-armory-looking silver bikini things, and the like. I don't mind a little flash and fashion, but I prefer it to be tasteful and thoughtful.

>> No.22973580

>>22973557

Exalted is also a setting where you can get away with that, because the artrifact armor in question doesn't need to actually cover anything to afford its protection due to how reality works there. Armor says it protects, so reality asserts itself as protecting those vitals, even if its just a sling bikini with asymmetrical bits of metal strapped on.

Then we start getting into magitech essence armor or Skin Like Mountains Oil and.. yeah. You can wear whatever impractical shit you want and be fine, really, if you've got enough sources of non-armor soak.

>> No.22973602

>>22973578
>as it doesn't try to pretend like it makes sense, or that I should take it seriously. But the thing that really gets me about this art style is that it's plastic-crayola looking. Which j

oh, I agree. that picture in particular is a little offensive. the main complaint I have with these is there's nothing really drawing the eye in those outfits. They're just kind of all over the fucking place. You can have a sexy, barely-existent outfit and still have it practically designed from an art perspective!

>> No.22973606

>>22973580
Yeah but stating "It doesn't have to be actually protective" doesn't, in the same breath, answer the question "What sane person would go out into broad daylight wearing that?!"

And I'm just going to point out here that I am not familiar at all with Exalted, and I'm not assuming that it looks ridiculous and stupid. Just saying that magic doesn't automatically mean your characters need to wear bikinis. I mean, why wouldn't I just wear normal clothes if I was invulnerable? I don't need to be protected from injury in my day-to-day life but I don't go around in a trampy outfit.

>> No.22973620
File: 98 KB, 850x600, sample_858dcc8c7ca07c4082fb77420053f5be.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973620

>>22973560
finally! I will be able to use all the silly pictures i saved!

>> No.22973628

>>22973602
EXACTLY.
The composition is horrible. No thought was put into it at all. It's like they don't even care. It would be one thing if it were actually good looking. Then I wouldn't complain at all. But this is just silly. Japanese comics and vidya in particular are egregious offenders and it's why I have a hard time getting into them.

>> No.22973671
File: 435 KB, 1280x1426, luso.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973671

>>22973628
>This isn't even my final form

>> No.22973705

>>22973671
Take away the huge sword, put something useful in the bag (who carries a spellbook or whatever that huge with them, anyway?) and make him filthy then he could pull off the wandering murder-hobo look.

>> No.22973709

>>22973061
>>22973093

.. but myths are full of monstrous behemoth punching and wrestling, often while nude, or other ridiculous bullshit.

>> No.22973714

This is one of the actual benefits and possibility to a magic setting.

No one really likes to wear full plate, it's hot as hell and limits your visibility, and when you live in a setting that has Comfy shirt of mage armor +4 you can actually get BETTER protection from common, comfortable clothing then a bunch of armor.

When it gets to that point it's up to the culture and sensibilities. Barbarians often go around nude because they're tough as shit. Mages can go full robe or underwear because armor effects spell casting, druids are NATURE so it makes sense for a fig leaf, rogues need something that won't get caught on everything.

Fighters, clerics, and paladins are a bit harder, and will certainly START in some sort of armor, but depending on their personal preference either magic up normal cloth for the same protection - encumbrance or just magic up armor for ULTRA DEFENSE.

Lastly, it's mostly culture and status. Not every druid is a fig leaf wearing fool and some people just don't like to be half nude. In high fantasy though it wouldn't be surprising for say Nobles to have ridiculous clothing, skimpy or not, be maged up just in case assassins are about.

If the area is a desert with high magic you can also imagine people not wearing much, but still wanting the same protection ratings.

Really, it's all about sensibilities, culture, and personal taste. If this could exist ANYWHERE it'd be high fantasy or any other setting that can make skimpy clothing just as protective as heavy armor.

Same with some futuristic settings too now that I think about it. Nannomesh weaves as effective but more expensive as ceramic plate.

Shit like that.

>> No.22973730

>>22973705
>who carries a spellbook or whatever that huge with them, anyway?
Shows what you know. That book is basically his soul, the source of his power, and his gateway back home all rolled into one. Someone else got their hands on it once and summoned some eldritch abomination out of nowhere.

>> No.22973736

>>22973714
/thread

>> No.22973743
File: 337 KB, 1340x2009, Yggdra.Union.full.753419.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973743

are we talking about stylization now?
Because Yggdra union is exactly the right kind of silly which, considering the actual content of the game leaves delicious aftertaste of dissonance

>> No.22973745

>>22973730
Yeah, I don't know anything about the character. I was looking at his outfit as was the context of the discussion.

>> No.22973749
File: 93 KB, 800x600, 800px-Modular_Tactical_Vest_components[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973749

>>22973171
>Sort of why pretty much any bulletproof vest is only rated for stopping or lessening the impact of handgun bullets, not rifle bullets.

Unless you go for 15kg military vests with limited coverage and ceramic plates that crack after one or two hits.

>> No.22973755

>>22973743
I like the skull-hat mage

>> No.22973775

>>22973322
I feel dirty having typed it.

Anyhow, viva le tits & ass!

>> No.22973795

>>22973171
Even more crazy, consider modern APCs er...IFVs i think they're called now.

They tend to be immune to the 7.62 (AK47) cartage but still fail to .50cal rounds. Granted it'd take more shots then, say, an explosive but the point is metal sheets aren't as protective as you'd think they'd be.

That's why we invented RAT

>> No.22973830
File: 131 KB, 600x1040, 1274620585607.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973830

I just want the setting to accomodate my female character going around barefoot.

>> No.22973837
File: 108 KB, 780x600, yu-gulcasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973837

>>22973743
>Yggdra Union
>Get it for fun tactical battles and cute art
>suddenly HORRORS OF WAR and FREIGHT TRAIN OF FEELS, COMING RIGHT AT YA

...it's FFT all over again.

>> No.22973847

>>22973830
That's not to hard. Even in real life if you go around barefoot all the time they get as tough as shoes anyway.

Just write in your story you went barefoot a lot/all the time and presto

>> No.22973874
File: 251 KB, 920x1380, Red Sonja 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973874

Wasn't the original design for Red Sonja supposed to have marginally more coverage, with the "Chainmail Bikini" having simply been popularized by comics outside of the source material?

Honest question, it's been awhile since I've seen any discussion on her.

>> No.22973881

>>22973830
In BBB that's actually a tactical mistake, giving up 1/3rd of your potential wardrobe malfunctions and thus seriously endangering your character. Get yourself some nice open-toed wedges.

If you like your character to go barefoot, simply risk you footwear before your other garments when hit in combat. Eventually you'll fail a roll, you'll have a temporarily barefoot character, and that busted heel may have just saved your heroine's life.

>> No.22973890

>>22973874

The original design for Red Sonja used a musket, so.

>> No.22973919

>>22973881
BBB has actual clothing damage mechanic?

>> No.22973963

>>22972833
Is that the girl from its not my fault i'm not popular?

>> No.22973971
File: 131 KB, 400x600, Red Sonja First.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973971

>>22973874

The original Sonya was a 14th century adventurer totally unconnected to the Conan setting of Hyboria.

She was adapted to Hyboria by the Marvel comic, originally appearing wearing "normal" clothes.

Spanish artist Esteban Maroto redesigned her to get the famous chainmail bikini after a bunch of his own fantasy art, and it's stuck ever since.

So no, Sonja's bikini isn't even remotely from the books, or original

>> No.22973984
File: 19 KB, 100x92, fa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973984

OKAY DUDES

HOLD UP

I'M ABOUT TO BLOW YOUR FUCKING MINDS

YOU READY FOR THIS?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicIte/creatingMagicItems.htm#creatingWdrousItems

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT.

>AC bonus (other)2 Bonus squared × 2,500 gp Ioun stone, dusty rose prism

WHOA WHAT'S THAT? A MAGIC ITEM THAT ADDS AN ARMOR BONUS? NO WAY

YES WAY! AND THERE IS MORE!!

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicIte/wondrousItems.htm#amuletofNaturarmor

JESUSFUCK ITS *NATURAL* ARMOR! THAT STACKS WITH OTHER BONUSES! HOLY SHIT SON GET THAT BLING ON YOUR FUCKIN' NECK!

'But I don't like running around naked in my fake not-armor, but I also don't want to run around in big clumsy looking full plate. What do I do?!'

LEMME HOOK YOU UP WITH THIS SHIT...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicIte/magicArmor.htm#glamered

BAM!

RIGHT IN YOUR FUCKIN' FACE

NO NEED TO THANK ME, JUST DOING MY FUCKING JOB

>> No.22973996
File: 22 KB, 400x234, perfectinvinciblebeautifulgenius.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22973996

>>22973245
If a male wizard can go to war in his bathrobe, a female wizard can go to war in a bikini if she wants.

>> No.22974069

>>22973963
Characters don't have hit points (because hit points are math, see?), so they can avoid harm through wardrobe malfunctions. A character can risk her top, her bottom, or her shoes to avoid a blow.

>> No.22974078

>>22973996
speedo of the archmagi?

>> No.22974080

>>22973325

Good.

>> No.22974087

>>22973996
Oh fuck I have to watch this.

>> No.22974108

>>22973996
>A male wizard can go to war as a female in a bikini

>> No.22974141

>>22973874
Red Sonja, being that she's female Conan, did originally wear more than the chainmail bikini. (Usually. The bikini was not something that wasn't always there)

But, much like Conan has essentially been reduced to He-Manish furry underwear as his common depiction, so too has Sonja been stuck permanently in her iconic look.

>> No.22974146

>>22973714
>armor interferes with spellcasting
Wizards walk about in their bathrobes because they can and you know it.

>> No.22974148

>>22973996

Is that from Slayers R? I haven't watched anything that came out after Tri.

>> No.22974158

>>22974141
That's the fucking perfect way to describe it.

>> No.22974166

>>22973714

So what you are saying is in your standard D&D setting....

The upper classes and high-level adventurers would be running around in clothes or bikini armor or naked because they can afford to flaunt what they got, while the untermensch lower classes and newbies are stuck in heavy, clumsy armor because they can't afford anything better?

hilarious.

>> No.22974168

What if the stronger you got(or leveled up) the younger you became?

>> No.22974185

>>22974168

World-destroying lolis. So every game eventually turns into Touhou.

>> No.22974196

>>22974087
Name of the anime is Slayers, that in the pic is Lina Inverse, the pink wizard or pink sorcerer or something. Pink something or other, which in that setting is a pretty big deal.

>> No.22974207

>>22974148
Dunno, I got it off of Dota2general.

>> No.22974230

>>22974196

Lina the Pink Sorcerer.

She doesn't like using the title because it's embarrassing, even if it indicates she's one of the top spellcasters in the world.

>> No.22974252

>>22974207
>>22974196
>>22974230

Wow, sad.

Slayers is up there with Record of the Lodoss War for 'Japan doing fantasy better than the West'.

>> No.22974276

>>22974252

Lina having a title is really only in the novels anyway. Which are worth reading, they're snarky first-person perspective so it's almost kind of Dresden-y.

Oh god, there's a pairing that would burn down more villages than any evil overlord.

>> No.22974279

>>22974252
>Japan doing a comedic LotR rip off better than the West
FTFY

>> No.22974282
File: 195 KB, 850x536, sample_4801bd88460c4055fc3337ba21b670ec.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974282

>>22974168

You would start off your level 1 adventure looking like this.

>> No.22974290
File: 240 KB, 626x765, 7fb430084aac33341f508e7d0d722359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974290

>>22974282
>>22974168

.. and then end up looking like this by level 20.

>> No.22974309

>>22974290

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

>> No.22974319

>>22974282
>>22974290

Sign me up

>> No.22974322

>>22974290

.. is it bad that I like this more than >>22974282
???

>> No.22974334

>>22973541
>Her design is a parody

Fascinating how so many games and settings out there have these kinds of parodies.

>> No.22974335

>>22974290
i dunno, this seems an improvement.

adorable>sexy

>> No.22974336

>>22974322
Innocence is sexy.

>> No.22974340

>>22974290

ohgod imagine her embarrassment from becoming flatter and flatter, and growing jealous of any big breasted NPCs or party members.

>> No.22974351

>>22974335
>>22974336
>>22974340

Oh yes, this is great. Strong powerful female NPCS become little waifs who can murder entire armies, but burn with jealousy, because the stronger they get, the cuter they are.

>> No.22974355

>>22974336

Actually I like the idea of an experienced, worldly and slightly lustful woman in the body of a loli. Naivety and the risk of submissiveness are pretty annoying drawbacks.

>> No.22974362

>>22974351
>>22974351
>>22974340
>>22974322
>>22974322
>>22974319
>>22974309
>>22974309
>>22974290
>>22974282
Don't be quite this bad /tg/

>> No.22974371

>>22974362

But it's /d/lightful!

>> No.22974372

>>22974362

Hush, you're interrupting Loli Time.

>> No.22974383

>>22974355
I should say, "Some people find innocence to be sexy."

I don't really have any opinion as to full vs flat although of course lolis do have the forbidden fruit angle going for them.

>> No.22974388

>>22974372
This is no time to be loli gagging!

>> No.22974400

>>22974383
>lolis do have the forbidden fruit angle going for them.
>children have the forbidden fruit angle going for them
Seek help. Or at least fuck off back to /a/.

>> No.22974402
File: 76 KB, 348x265, buenoface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974402

>>22974388

Or... is it?

>> No.22974404
File: 656 KB, 550x728, evangeline4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974404

>>22974355
eh, among the archetype they tend to be pretty dominant.
Also goddamn vampires.

>> No.22974427

>>22974400
Loli =/= underage.

Also

Drawing =/= reality

By the same logic as liking loli = pedophilia, liking orc slaying = being a sociopath murderer in making.

People need to learn to use their common sense.

>> No.22974442

>>22974400

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing fantasy from reality. You should probably seek psychological help before you rape or kill someone.

>> No.22974455
File: 14 KB, 300x200, engage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974455

>>22974388
Then when where there be time, chancellor? When we had threads about AdEva, we were told it was not the time. When we had threads about Magical Burst, we were told it was not the time. The line must be drawn HEAYRH!

>> No.22974463

>>22974427
>Loli =/= underage.
Of course it is. Sure, there's lolita fashion, gothic lolita fashion, elegant lolita fashion, and probably plenty more. But when you say loli? We all know exactly-the-fuck-what you mean, and what you meant was "I'm a creepy fuck who wants to touch little kids."

>> No.22974474
File: 179 KB, 494x665, 1358885970929.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974474

>>22974463
>brainwashed ameriturd

>> No.22974478

>>22974427
>Loli =/= underage.
That is pretty much what it means. You're a fucking creep.

>> No.22974480

>/tg/ spends the first half of the thread insisting they aren't creepy assholes

>someone posts a picture of a little girl

>fapfapfapfapfap

>> No.22974496

>>22974442
You seem to be jacking it to little kids. Maybe you should kill yourself.

>> No.22974504

>>22974362
>>22974480

"HNNNNNGH!" is about finding something cute enough to be heartattack-inducing, it's not sexual.

>> No.22974512

>>22974496
>If I make sure to get really mad and call everyone else a pedo, it means I'm normal! I'm not a freak! I'm not a pervert!

>> No.22974513

>>22974400
In real life, issues of morality and legality aside, and I find almost every woman of 20 or younger to be so freaking spastic and too idk texting her BFF Jill that I don't think I could sustain interest long enough to date her.

>> No.22974528

>>22974478
Here I thought it was a genre of japanese manga/animu/porn and a character stereotype or something. And that it dealt with looks more age or then anything else. Not that fictional characters have age.

>> No.22974548

>>22974512
>How pedos actually justify it to themselves.
No bud. Most of us honestly aren't sexually aroused by children. It's not face-saving denials. It's a sickness in your head, and well-adjusted people don't share it.

>> No.22974549

>>22974528

stop molesting fictional children you Hitler :<

>> No.22974555

>>22974548

You got too mad and forgot your sage there, pedo.

>> No.22974584
File: 9 KB, 186x270, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974584

>>22974555
Why would I sage? I like the thread. Tits and asses are awesome.

>> No.22974600

>>22974548

Whether you are correct or not is determined by what you consider to be children, but it is considered 100% normal by medical professionals to be attracted to 13-17 year olds, the abnormal part is in fucking them.

>> No.22974617

>>22974555
This is more than one person.

>> No.22974620
File: 73 KB, 405x570, Ohmanniggawhatareyoudoing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974620

>>22974548
>well-adjusted people
>4chan

>> No.22974629
File: 559 KB, 673x1000, 1350664950724.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974629

>> No.22974642

>>22974600
Legal =/= normal

Plus ages of consent change by region to region, and with era to era. Morality is fashion and hardly absolute.

My god why am I even posting in this thread.

>> No.22974652
File: 54 KB, 800x800, Daemonette02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974652

>>22974168

Level 1

>> No.22974662
File: 92 KB, 600x750, chainmail_bikini.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974662

>>22974642
>My god why am I even posting in this thread.

>> No.22974663
File: 2.95 MB, 240x180, L O V E LETS GO.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974663

IS THIS ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT FLAT JUSTICE?

I'll leave you guys alone I just wanted to post this in the other thread.

>> No.22974666
File: 88 KB, 640x480, Loli-daemonette_(9).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974666

>>22974652

Level 20

>> No.22974687

>>22974362
>>22974400
>>22974478
>>22974496
>>22974480
Go back to SA you normalfaggots. Despite your loud minority crying the hardest and the mods protecting your sore bums, you aren't welcome on 4chan.

>> No.22974736

>>22974166
Not saying they do, saying they could

>> No.22974740

>>22974504

It can mean both. Or at least, I've seen it mean both. Whether this falls under correct usage or not, I'll leave to the people who type this out regularly.

>> No.22974741
File: 42 KB, 848x480, 1345276483643.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974741

>>22974663
You are as wrong as wrong can be.
I'm done as well

>> No.22974747
File: 383 KB, 1024x1024, Reyn__Green_Chainmail_Bikini_1_by_Utopia_Armoury.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974747

>>22974687
>>>/b/
This is /tg/. It's a decent place where we talk about games and hobbies. Please don't pretend that everyone is some "lul we r anonymoose, for the lulz" douche-bag trying to emulate what they think 4chan is supposed to be. 4chan is not a secret society. It is not a private club.

>> No.22974753

>>22974741
>Posts canon underage girl to finish argument.

Guys its okay if they have tits!

>> No.22974763
File: 112 KB, 1280x720, [HorribleSubs] Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - 13 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.22_[2013.02.04_20.57.51].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974763

>>22974741
>first it was doombitch
>no this one
You are not good at this.

>> No.22974770

>>22974753
Yoko was also canon underage you know. It was the loli, not the breasts that lured those men to their deaths.
Checkmate, polite sage for offtopic

>> No.22974771

Rolled 8

>>22974753
The argument that tits are better than flat chests?

>> No.22974774 [SPOILER] 
File: 89 KB, 1280x720, Gainax ruins christmas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974774

>>22974741

>> No.22974779

>>22974747
Why can't I hold all this strawmanning. This also isn't /socialjustice/ or /facebook/. If you get buttharmed about wierd internet people talking about wierd things, you might consider going to an traditional forum that has nazi moderation and is soccermom-friendly.

>> No.22974800
File: 112 KB, 1000x1000, 1353219866939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974800

>complaining about loli on an anime image board.

To tumblr with you!

>> No.22974801

>>22974753
That's another problem with fantasy settings. You can have things that look twelve be thousands of years old and things that look old be brand new

Think a sexy warforged coming off the assembly line compared to a 20 something elf or an adult dragon shapechanging to be a dick

>> No.22974812
File: 22 KB, 276x500, 41VuA7dyVJL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974812

>>22974779
>Someone pointing out that I'm a pedo is so butthurt! Hahahaha I'm maximum troll lulz
Sorry guy--I simply dislike you.

>> No.22974813

>>22974747
For a second I thought that was armpit hair and was horrified

>> No.22974830

>>22974800
>3. Do not post the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry"), grotesque ("guro"), post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.

>>>/b/

>> No.22974833

>>22974812
This is why we can't have nice things.

Remove goons from premises

>> No.22974849
File: 154 KB, 850x1156, 1348293611296.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974849

>>22974830

Who said we were posting porn you prude?

>> No.22974851
File: 1.49 MB, 346x261, 1333552570575.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974851

>>22974830
>loli/shota pornography
>pornography

>> No.22974892
File: 338 KB, 728x1113, 1337545888805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974892

>>22974849
No he's going to say its because you disagree with him. Disagreeing with him is trolling.

He thinks that way because he is an evil big breast lover.

>> No.22974894

I really like the idea of the whole "people getting younger as they get stronger" thing.

>> No.22974901

>>22974894
You should play games about magical girls then.

>> No.22974907

>>22974894
why?

>> No.22974913

>>22974907

Because I am a transformation fetishist and I get off that kind of shit.

>> No.22974917
File: 941 KB, 850x1148, 1355632800885.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974917

>>22974892
There you go again with the "evil big breast lover" you damn lolicon
I'm done, I actually like all breasts, but I prefer big ones

>> No.22974935

>>22974813
I'm aroused.

>> No.22974954
File: 498 KB, 1446x2046, 1355814305854.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974954

>>22974812
Hmm. I've wondered about this for a while. You hold intense hatred towards people who are attracted to more petite bodies.

How would you react to a japanese male behaving like that? Japanese females tend to not have much in the way of breasts, are short, and can look very young even in their twenties.

Would you say they're not allowed to feel attracted to such females, and instead desire for more western bodies?

Posting healthy instead of loli just to tell you I like both.

>> No.22974956
File: 82 KB, 450x657, 840370d4bcbf552e6dce1d2f373b492a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974956

>>22974917
As long as a girl looks healthy her boobs probably look good to me. That said, a little over a handful is just about right.

>> No.22974980
File: 28 KB, 500x375, 1205102044610.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22974980

>>22974917
KONO RORIKON DARAME

I'm more interested in them having an attractive face and personality thatn body. And find the whole "flat is justice" thing hilarious.

>> No.22974991

>>22974894
I personally don't. That just sounds stupid. but, whatever, you have your reasons.

Also, I agree with this guy >>22974917
I'm not even straight, but even I prefer larger breasts on a young woman. Aesthetics and all that; personally feel icky looking at scantily-clad girls that look like they've yet to hit puberty.

>> No.22975006

>>22974954
generally speaking men in a given culture will be attracted to whatever looks young, healthy, and fertile. That tends to mean symmetrical, not morbidly obese, and not visibly undernourished, with a noticable hip-to-waist ratio.

>> No.22975017
File: 10 KB, 191x264, backbeard tan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975017

>>22974980
Oh goodie, finally a "proper" excuse for this!

>> No.22975078
File: 258 KB, 1376x1032, 2013-01-23_00017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975078

>>22975017
You aren't the only one.

PS: That image is about 6-7 years old.

>> No.22975157
File: 125 KB, 1280x720, 1294892196118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975157

Remember, /tg/:
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she's holding you closer to her heart.

All this DFC-hatin' is makin' me sad.

>> No.22975191

>>22975157


I love it, these plebes will too in time.

>> No.22975216
File: 1.10 MB, 270x287, 2315.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975216

>>22975157
The smaller the chest, the less space for dreams, passion and love. Never forget that. The dreams of men are formed in the cleavage and stored in breasts

>> No.22975223

>>22975157
Such is the fate of boards that are normalfag friendly, they fall into decay.

>> No.22975298

>>22975216
DFC wins, then; are those not intangible concepts, wrought of the minds and imaginations of men? Surely, then, one must consider the possibility of non-physical cleavage.

DFC has the lowest curvature of all, and is thus merely the physical projection of a tiny section of a much larger, hidden set of mammaries. With meatbags, what you see is what you get, but with DFC, there is so much more...

>> No.22975301

>>22974148
Yes. The art improved greatly after try but the plot degraded. Mixed bag all in all.

>> No.22975307

Rolled 13

>>22975157
>>22975216
I enjoy breasts of all sizes, can we not all get along? Rolling for diplomacy.

>> No.22975326

>>22975307

Guards, have this man beheaded.

>> No.22975351
File: 840 KB, 1400x955, 1347900322899.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975351

Rolled 8

>>22975298
>non-physical cleavage
Did Martin Luther King say "I have a semi-real dream?"
Nay! His dream was tangiable, his motivations pure and real. You can write down a dream, but you can't write down a non-physical cleavage because no such thing exists!
>>22975307
Very well

>> No.22975363

>>22975351
The dream is still a concept, waiting to be actualized; so too with DFC.

>> No.22975411
File: 93 KB, 567x589, 1357046420128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975411

>>22975351
Curses, very well, a truce is in place. For now
>>22975363
Let me put this in terms everyone will understand: There is rule 34 of cleavage
There is not rule 34 of non-physical cleavage

>> No.22975461

>>22974849
Everyone is loli for Etna. Who isn't really a "loli" in the sense that she's actually a few centuries old. This of course makes it ok to sexualize her. Plus she's a succubus, can't not sexualize them.

>>22975307
Indeed. Either Flat as a board or so big you just know she has back problems, all boobs are simply amazing.

>> No.22975479
File: 2.29 MB, 320x240, 2221469_o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975479

>>22975216
>the less space for dreams, passion and love.
A DFC maiden is 100% dreams, passion and love. Tits is an indication of pushing your dreams, passion and love away from yourself and your heart.

>> No.22975596

>>22975479
...Question: whats DFC?

>> No.22975606

>>22975596

Delicious Flat Chest.

>> No.22975626

>>22975479
Tits is an indication that the dreams, passion and love is overflowing
>>22975596
Disgustingly Flat Chicka

>> No.22975628
File: 65 KB, 250x400, swag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975628

>>22975596
Delicious flat chest obviously.

>> No.22975717
File: 184 KB, 626x744, Adorable Mimic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975717

...so how about a flat girl with a big chest?

>> No.22975744
File: 2.05 MB, 240x180, The girl was a mimic.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975744

>>22975717
Please no

>> No.22975765

>>22975717

That's no girl, it's a trap!

>> No.22975787

>>22975717
>>22975744
pls yes

>> No.22975817
File: 164 KB, 1422x778, 1347833109527.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975817

>>22975717
Monstergirls? I'm on board.

Which Mimic would you rather get taken inside by?

>> No.22975852

>>22975817

The cat-themed ones are pretty dorbl.

>> No.22975862

>>22975817
Oh boy...
3 Row
5th Mimic

Now i can say that im hitting the sack!

>> No.22975904
File: 52 KB, 1132x1064, 128044815143.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975904

>>22975862
That's the worst pun I ever heard. And it's insulting to women. What do you have to say for yourself?

>> No.22975911
File: 73 KB, 1422x390, 1347830531987.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975911

>>22975862
I have no idea what kind of monster it is, but here are all the variations.

>> No.22975931

>>22975904
Im not a clever man

>> No.22975980
File: 35 KB, 407x482, 1329328316131.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22975980

>>22975904
In his defence, atleast it was insulting to women.

>> No.22976028

>>22975904

I guess you could say it took a pretty big sack to make a pun like that.

>> No.22976084
File: 48 KB, 750x600, 06.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976084

>>22976028

>> No.22976224
File: 259 KB, 1200x865, SKMBT_C25212091113550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976224

Clearly not enough monstergirls on /tg/

>> No.22976249

>>22976224

Whenever I see cute spidergirls I'm overwhelmed by the desire to show them to my friend who's both a xenophile and an arachnophobe.

>> No.22976259

>>22976249
DO IT

>> No.22976298
File: 161 KB, 1280x720, [gg]_Young_Animator_Training_Project_2011_-_Wasurenagumo_[F73D699B].mkv_snapshot_10.07_[2013.02.04_22.30.58].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976298

>>22976249
Does he likes da animes? Cause then I got just the thing.

Greatest anime of 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featu=player_detailpage&v=DR8ImfKeKtQ#34s

>> No.22976356
File: 91 KB, 1280x720, [gg]_Young_Animator_Training_Project_2011_-_Wasurenagumo_[F73D699B].mkv_snapshot_06.12_[2013.02.04_22.34.59].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976356

>>22976298

>> No.22976371
File: 149 KB, 1280x720, [gg]_Young_Animator_Training_Project_2011_-_Wasurenagumo_[F73D699B].mkv_snapshot_10.18_[2013.02.04_22.33.22].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976371

>>22976356

>> No.22976382
File: 797 KB, 500x269, 1347826333635.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22976382

>>22976371
And here she is watching Kamen Rider

>> No.22976391

>>22976382

Oh shit, motherfucker loves Kamen Rider, too.

>> No.22976500

>>22971086
It can be pulled off

If you played Monster Hunter 3, there is the Chakra set which is armor that is practically invisible on the wearer. (Both males and females equip it and both are only visible in their underwear.) Each has 3 slots which allows the player to get the Awaken skill (Non elemental weapons will get an element when equipped)

Or it's a futuristic armor set that generates forcefields when equipped (Bracelet, Earring, etc)

Sometimes the clothing prevents magic from being used because of symbols on the body (Example: Celine from Star Ocean 2)

>> No.22978088

>>22974663
What is this, and is the rest of the show like this?
Seems fun.

>> No.22978162

>>22978088
I think it's called Pretty Cure.
That fight seems way too animated compared to the stuff I've seen from it, must be something important.

>> No.22978196

>>22978162
precure #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDYmWV90

>> No.22978727

>>22976382
wtf did I watched?
This was creepy as fuck

>> No.22979107
File: 54 KB, 338x375, temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22979107

>>22971602
>>"... Bet she fucks like a tiger."

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action