Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.22898314 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone
+2 GMT (Europe)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
>Misc Notes - or why you want to play (entirely optional)
I want to play as a Goblin Gunslinger, damn it, who wants to make a name in the world. To be respected and feared by the great and low alike. I want to be in a group with dedicated players and GM, too many have players and GMs left without saying a word and I'm getting really damn irritated by all this.

Relevant, but rarely anyone posts there anymore: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheeccc?key=0AkhKgpGyLtr1dEhjeGx4Y2lOpwaGFCeE85Q2F3X2c

>> No.22898328

AH FUCK I FORGOT
>Contact Details
g1ebguy on skype

SORRY

>> No.22898415

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Dark Heresy, am up for playing around with Only War or CoC
>Timezone
GMT -5 (Eastern US)
>Availability
Evenings, more details to come
>Contact
Email field
Games will likely be over text chat. Got a group of three interested already, so just seeing if we can expand the group.

>> No.22898525

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
OWoD, NWoD, D&D 3.0
>Timezone
-6 GMT (Central US)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
>Contact Details
billythawolfeh on Skype
I want to play some Werewolf in either WoD but any game line will do. D&D would be cool but I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to it so you'd have to remind me what to roll and how to make a character.

>> No.22898573

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, DnD (any), World of Darkness series, Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader.
>Timezone
London GMT
>Availability
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday.
I miss having a group so bad, and have so many characters created. I've played a fair amount.
>Contact details
IllusoryIdiom on Skype.

>> No.22899168

Anyone? C'mon, I want to play, I've been searching for a group almost 2 months now...

>> No.22899209

>>22899168
When you search for groups online, prepare to wait a long, long time. That's what experience tells me, at least.

>> No.22899357

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
L5R 4th, for the love of god.
>Timezone
CST (GMT -6)
>Availability
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
>Misc Notes - or why you want to play
I want to play some L5R because a friend gave me the book for Xmas. But it seems like no one actually wants to play the game, they just want to fight over metaplot instead of making their own plot. I just wanna play my covert Spider shugenja without everyone having a tantrum over what I'll have to do because apparently you're not allowed to not play a stereotype in L5R.
>Contact details
IRC is best since that's where I like to play. I'm Yawgmoth in #L5R in GameSurge. I made the channel for a game that fell apart over metaplot faggotry a few weeks ago and have been hunting ever since. Let's make some characters with a little depth to them! Let's make our own history instead of worrying what other people are doing! IT'LL BE FUN I SWEAR

>> No.22899385

>>22899168
>>22899209
The secret to Gamefinder threads is not to actually post if you're a player, just lurk and wait for the ~5 GMs looking for players that pop up in threads, then just shoot them emails.

>> No.22899409

>>22899385
Sounds like a great way to have the thread get pruned in under an hour.

>> No.22899429

>>22899385
Or just GM, and when you're done with the campaign have someone else in the group you form GM.

>> No.22899430

>>22899385
The secret to gamefinder threads is that no one bothers to email you anyways.

>> No.22899452

>>22899430
Joke's on you, I email people sometimes when I need players.

>> No.22899467

Rolled 7

>>22898573
I'm toatlly new and looking to maybe try a DnD or pathfinder game in London too,
i was looking at this website last night, maybe it'll be of help to you.
>http://dragonsonthehill.co.uk/

I don't know anybody else who's willing to play, let alone GM, which i have not the faintest clue about.

>> No.22899949

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, will try new systems
>Timezone
+8 GMT (south east asia
>Availability
tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays
>Contact Details
email in email field
>Misc Notes - or why you want to play (entirely optional) I like playing weird character but also play standard fantasy types.

>> No.22901012

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone
PST -8, Pacific Standard Time
>Availability
Entirely Fluid and free schedule so I can run whenever so long as everyone else can play.
I need people who are willing to
1. Use a microphone, this is a personal opinion that things move faster and go smoother with voice.
2. Most of my games are realistic, if you kill a guard you guys will most likely be wanted criminals unless you do something about it.
3. If you can't handle Drugs, Sex, Violence or Profanity in amounts approved by the Motion Pictures Association of America then I am sorry to say my games may not be comfortable for you.

If all of that is ok, please, email me at the above email.

Thank you

>> No.22901138

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Dark Heresy, Only War, Rouge Trader all sound like fun, but I am down to play anything you got, as long as you're willing to teach me!
>Timezone
GMT -5 (Eastern US) (Im 90% sure this is correct, I live in NYC)
>Availability
Weekdays, Sunday nights
>Contact
Email field
Totally new to pen&paper, but am eager to learn.

>> No.22901169

>player or gm
player
>preferrd systems
L5R
>timezone
-8 pacific standard
>availability
really flexible, so long as it's not mon, wed, or sat.
>misc. notes.
am fine with just about any type of campaign so long as we don't /have/ to be shujenga or monk.
are single class campaigns a frequent thing in L5R?

>> No.22901222

Player
>Systems
Anything
>Time Zone
EST
>Availability
Wed Friday after 2
Weekends whenever
>Notes
I don't metagame, but there's a likelihood I'll do something silly.
>Contact
Email

>> No.22901237

>>22901169
>are single class campaigns a frequent thing in L5R?
Not really. Maybe if it's one of those Shugenja tournaments, but I'll stay with "not really".

>> No.22901274

>>22901169
aah, ahah. i forgot contact field
>contact

>> No.22901347

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred Systems(s)
Pathfinder, DnD 3.5, 4e, open to new systems
>Timezone
-5 EST
>Availability
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Evenings)
>Misc
I usually GM with a small group of friends, but I'm looking to take a break from GMing and be a player. Recently been wanting to try GGG and Magical Burst, but I am willing to try anything.
>Contact Details

>> No.22901777

BUMP

>> No.22903063

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred Systems
Pathfinder, FATE, willing to learn whatever.
>Timezome
EST -5
>Availability
Weekend nights

>> No.22903843

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
d&d 3.5, Pathfinder, shadowrun, tiers age (always willing to learn new systems)
>Timezone
+1 GMT (Europe)
>Availability
mostly always
>Misc Notes
regrettably text only. I'd prefer something with a focus on rp rather than pure combat

>> No.22903937

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, DnD(Any), Warhamz Systems, Dragon Age, Shadowrun, GURPS, Halo, SOIAF RPG ANYTHING really, as long as it's not too difficult a system.
>Timezone
EST, or GMT -5
>Availability
As of right now, any day but Tuesday and Wendsday. I'm job searching though so my availability is subject to change.
I'm looking for a game that will last more than two or three sessions. A set in stone session time would be preferable to just winging it. I'm open to try anything at this point.

>> No.22904038

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Any just give me time to learn.
>Timezone
UTC/GMT -5 hours
>Availability
Any day cool
I've never played a game before. Email in field

>> No.22904113

>>22903937
Oh fuck, I forgot my email
Have a free pic

>> No.22904120

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
CoC, looking to learn AD&D
>Timezone
-6 GMT (Central US)
>Availability
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
I prefer using IRC like mibbit, so if we use role20 or similiar, gimme a chance to get used to it.

>Contact Info
[email protected]

>> No.22905453

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Magical Burst, Nechronica
>Timezone
GMT -5 (Eastern US)
>Availability
Wednesday and Thursday
>Contact
Darknightzaku on skype (Fastest way of contacting me)

Games are over text chat. Got two as of now, so just seeing if I can get more.

>> No.22906116

>Player or GM
Prefer player, but will GM
>Preferred System(s)
Savage Worlds. Don't care what I play, but I have ideas for a post-apoc game set after aliens invaded, jacked Earth's resources, then left.
>Timezone
-5GMT (Eastern Standard, US)
>Availability
It's up in the air right now. No fucking clue until I can get my schedule set in stone. I'll try to work my schedule to fit the game if I can.
I just want to play a Savage Worlds game. I don't really care what genre, I just want to become familiar with the system.

>> No.22906179

>>22906116
Forgot my email as well.

>> No.22906204

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Dark Heresy/ Only War
>Timezone
+10 GMT (Canberra)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday (from March: In Army, so restricted leave before then)
First time roleplaying. Keen to start.

>> No.22906240

>>22906204
Shit, forgot contact info. Email in field

>> No.22906353

>Player or GM
Player. I can GM too, but I want to play this time.
>Preferred System(s)
I know 4e, 3.5, and Dark Heresy, but I can learn any of them if need be.
>Timezone
Pacific.
>Availability
I'm working Mondays and Tuesdays, otherwise I'm free. I prefer to avoid mornings, I have a routine to keep.
I would like to play a 80s themed game, or something cyberpunk. I want to be the superbike cavalry, riding around on a kick-ass bike and lobbing heads off at high-speed.
As for other notes, I'm a very committed player and I can RP vocally via Skype or whathaveyou, or via text. I want to entirely avoid drama, so if you group includes your annoying girlfriend or a fetishist douche, I'll have to pass.
>Contact Details
[email protected] is both my email and my Skype.

>> No.22906478

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
I have a bit of experience with Rogue Trader and Active Exploits, but not much else. I'm open for anything that isn't insanely complicated.
>Timezone
-8 GMT
>Availability
Friday through Sunday usually, afternoon and evenings.
I don't really know anyone that plays. One friend of mine wanted to DM Rogue Trader, but quite after one session. Been looking for something more fantasy than sci-fi. I'm new to tabletop, but not roleplaying. I try not to be THAT GUY as much as possible, but if someone calls me on it I'll usually do my best to not cause trouble. I want to stab things with a knife on a stick.

>> No.22906567

>Player or GM
Player, but I wouldn't mind to try my hand at GMing. don't expect me to be any good, though. it's been ages since i played, and I never GMed ever.
>Preferred System(s)
let's see, I know oWoD pretty well and have scans of fucking everything. i once played a session of DnD, I think it was 3.5 and I think I liked it, so I'm down for D&D/PF. also very interested in learning 40k-RP. other that that, I'm rather open, but I won't play nWoD. Just because.
>Timezone
GMT+1
>Availability
thats a bit of a tough spot. generally in the evenings, not on Mondays and Tuesdays, but it really depends on the shifts I get
>Contact Details
ehle_phant on Steam. I somehow always stop using any IMs I sign up to...but I'd get whatever is necessary to play
I just want to play...

>> No.22906724

>>22906567

If you gm a WoD game I could find people.

>> No.22906749

>>22906724
which part of WoD are we talking?

>> No.22906829

>>22906749

I don't know, but as long as it has nothing to do with Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Fae or Hunting any of the above I'm ok.

>> No.22906935

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
D&D 2e, 4e, Pathfinder, FATE, but I'm willing to learn most things
>Timezone
GMT -6 (Chicago)
>Availability
Tuesdays and Thursdays
I want to be a fucking badass fighter wielding an awesome weapon and kicking people in the face and raising an awesome badass army.

>> No.22906956

>>22906829
So Mummy, Mage/Sorcerer, Wraith, non-Garou Fera, Demon, Kindred of the East (seeing as Kuei-Jin aren't technically Vampires) and maybe Orpheus are okay?

>> No.22906964

>>22906935
Want to play 3.5 with me?

>> No.22906977

>>22906964
Sure! Are you going to be DMing or is someone else?

>> No.22907318

>>22906956

Prefer Mage/Sorcerer and non of the others sound good. Not sure about Orpheus and I also don't know what Non-garou Fera means.

>> No.22907486

>>22906977
And then I never got an answer. ;_;

>> No.22907598

>>22907318
non-garou fera are were-somethings that aren't wolves. theres bastet (were-cats), corax (were-ravens), ratlings (don't need to explain that one, do I), rokea (were-sharks), mokole (were-lizards/dinosaurs), anansi (were-spiders), gurahl (were-bears), nagah (were-snakes) and nuwisha (were-coyotes)
orpheus, well, it's essentially a pre-made campaign spanning 6 books. i'll just roughly quote from the instruction:
Players are part of the Orpheus Group, which helps people find closure with the dead. In the introduction it says "Imagine the boy from Sixth Sense grew up to form his own ghostbusting organisation" Orpheus Agents dont capture or destroy ghosts (usually), they project themselves into the realm of afterlife and try to help them find closure or whatever they need to stop fucking shit up. i never really read into it, because i thought it sounded kinda lame...

>> No.22907675

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
I'm too new to prefer anything. As long as I can pick it up simply.
>Timezone
-5 GMT
>Availability
Weekdays are best.
>Misc Notes - or why you want to play (entirely optional) It may leave a bad taste in the mouths of people here, but I'd like to play within a setting that I've grown familiar with. What I am most interested in is a Zelda d20(which I already have half of a campaign for), as well as the Star Wars Saga system.

My skype is kansasroswell

>> No.22907717

>>22907486
I think he was pulling your chain, anon. You asked to be a badass fighter and he said 3.5.

>> No.22907774

>>22907675
Hey, I'm >>22906935, would you be interested in having me as a player?

>> No.22907777

>>22907598

I'd be down to play a were spider or a were Snake.

>> No.22907824

>>22907774

Contact me on skype and we can work out something, I'm sure.

>> No.22907902

please do use the game finder docs linked in op, it should help finding more people

>> No.22907903

>Player or GM
Player, because I'm still not that good of a GM
>Preferred System(s)
Hackmaster, but I'm up for whatever
>Timezone
-6 UTC
>Availability
Nights
>Contact Details
E-mail, or this.is.dumb.as.all.hell on Skype

>> No.22907984

please do use the game finder docs linked in op, it should help finding more people

>> No.22908575

I cast bump

>> No.22908903

>>22901012
I fucking see you Cody.

>> No.22909726

I cast bump once more

because finding a group is hard

>> No.22909961

>Player or GM
Player. Would love to GM but I'm not experienced enough
>Preferred Systems(s)
Adaptus Evangelion. Will try anything though.
>Timezone
+13 GMT (Auckland, New Zealand)
>Availability
Friday-Monday 8am-2am, Tues-Thurs: 3pm-12pm
>Misc Notes

I'm a total RPG noob outside of some freeform forum shit a few years back and a homebrew I'm running later tonight with a couple of friends of mine, who have also never done this before.

However I am an extremely reliable individual and can be counted on to stick with this as long as the group isn't a bunch of douchebags or whatever

Only keen for text/ IRC, or perhaps could try in person as long as we meet some place public first and you don't look like you'll murder me and wear my skin.

>> No.22910048

>player or GM
GM or player whatever is needed

>preferred system
D&D 3.5, pathfinder

>timezone
US Eastern

>availability
Mon-fri evenings
Sat & sun, all damn day.

>misc notes
Looking for a real in person game. Cleveland Ohio. It's so fucking hard to find a game here. I am a forever DM so I'm at the point where I don't even care if I'm the only person willing to GM.
Contact me:
[email protected]

>> No.22911718

I roll to bump

>> No.22911933

What are some good sites for text-based role playing sites that don't devolve into "I unzip my pants..." instantly.

>> No.22911972

>>22911933
You mean free form roleplaying? I've never heard of a good one honestly. Most aren't actually cyber infested hell holes, its just that they're full of elitists and twelve year olds who believe that writing skill = roleplay skill.

>> No.22912071

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Experience with: 3.5, pathfinder, DH, RT, Mutants and Masterminds, Burning Wheel, Mekton, CoC and Shadowrun
>Timezone
PST
>Availability
Usually any evening, preferably Monday or Thursday
>Contact
Email in the field

>> No.22912101

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone
US EST
>Availability
Monday
>Misc
Never played online before

>> No.22912296

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, willing to try DnD 4e
>Timezone
-2 UTC (Central US)
>Availability
Tuesday, Friday, Sunday Nights. Most days during the afternoon/midday
I'd like to play a Paladin, Bard, or try Wizard/Sorceror. I enjoy roleplaying and really getting into character. My group RL group rolls for stats and am personally unfamiliar with point-buy.

Email is in field. Bruce Campbell is always related.

>> No.22913267

bumping for the fuck of it

>> No.22913305

>>22911972
>twelve year olds who believe that writing skill = roleplay skill.
Oh jesus, I was once on a Medieval site where back-and-forth responses were, on average, 3-4 pages each. It just dragged on and on and on with nothing fucking happening. Felt like I was reading Tolkien.

>> No.22913384

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Anything new, I thrive on long campaigns with new systems.
>Timezone
West Coast 'Merica, Tacoma WA and I wanna play IRL since I have no reliable speakers or speech.
>Availability
Whenever
I have a current group but we might be gaming less often, I'd love a second group that's weekly or bi-weekly

>> No.22913406

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred system(s)
Anything. I've only played D&D 3.5 but am eager to try something different.
>Timezone
GMT +1 (Sweden)
>Availability
5PM or later on weekdays, most of the time on weekends.
>Contact info
Email field, mortykins on skype.
>Misc notes
Not the most experienced roleplayer, but a dedicated player nonetheless. No games in my area at the moment, so I'm turning to you guys, because you're generally awesome.

>> No.22913438

>>22913384

Contacts?

>> No.22913481

>>22913438
Heh woops!

>>22913384
>Contacts
Steam: Johnny Mustache

>> No.22913499

>>22911972
>twelve year olds who believe that writing skill = roleplay skill

There are worse things than prizing good writing in a textual medium. If your writing is bad even by the standards of a twelve-year-old, you have a greater problem than your lack of a roleplaying group.

>>22913305
"Writing skill" is not the same as being longwinded. Do people frequently confuse the two?

>> No.22913513

>>22913499
Well hey, they could write. They could make everything so damn vivid it was insane. But at the same time, for any practical roleplay purposes, it was worthless.

>> No.22913526

>>22913513
Huh. Interesting. Can you elaborate?

>> No.22913541

>>22906567
What nation are you?

>> No.22913551

>>22913541
germany

>> No.22913556

>>22913526
Really can't give any examples, sorry. This was a few years back and I didn't stick around long because I didn't have the time to contribute anything of worth. Friend of mine might remember it though, but I wouldn't be able to get a hold of him at the moment.

>> No.22913612

Why are there no GMs in Europe?

>> No.22913622

>>22913612
Why are there no GMs in Southern California?

Oh yeah, because it's full of gangbangers and potheads.

>> No.22913651

>>22913612
I'm in Europe (GMT+1) and I would GM almost anything gladly, though I only did it so far for about a five session long VtM game. I can/will learn any system. E-mail in field.

>> No.22913674

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Good ol' 3.5 DnD
>Timezone
+11 GMT (Sydney)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
My DM (as much as I love him) takes a while to make the next 'episode' of a game. He puts so much into the lore and shit that I don't get to play too often
I'd love to play a Rogue Sherlock Holmes character.
All in intelligence and all points in Sense Motive, Bluff, Disguise, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Spot, Search, Listen, Open Lock
And then a few on some of the knowledges (local most likely)
Maybe a little in Sleight of Hand, Perform (Viola)
He'd be great in any non-battle situation really
Just love to walk around towns solving crimes and helping an adventuring party hunt down the culprits

>> No.22913681

>>22913651
VtM? You would GM oWoD? Can I please give you a sweaty man-hug?

>> No.22913682

>>22913651
Also, the systems I know so far are oWoD, Exalted, Dark Heresy, Unknown Armies and Shadowrun 4e.

>> No.22913690

>>22913681
Yes, of course, anything oWoD, I have all the books.
I like hugs no matter from who ;_;

>> No.22913730

>>22909961
J...JED BUDDICOM!? WHAT THE HELL!?
IF THAT IS YOU....

>> No.22913757

>>22913690
Say, if I hug you enough, will you let me play a Rokea-Abomination, who also has an Avatar and is Awakened as well as being adopted into an Unseelie-Court?
Joke aside, I'll shoot you an email. Also very interested in DH and maybe Shadowrun

>> No.22913837

>>22909961

If it is you, though, and your group of friends were who I think they are, I might be willing to give running a game for you a shot. I'd a tad new myself-Am currently in only two games, but battles will probably be a little hard to balance.

>> No.22913944

>>22913730
Add me on Skype - thelordcaocao if you are him. I just gotta make sure.

>> No.22913961

>>22913944
Dude...
Chill
He's probably gone
You really want to play DnD with Jed, don't you?

>> No.22914607

>>22913961
If it is that Jed, hell yes, because I had no idea he was into that sort of thing.

>> No.22914872

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, but I'd love to give other systems a shot.
>Timezone
GMT -5
>Availability
Schedule is malliable. I'm currently up during the late night/early morning/mid afternoon hours, but that can change very easily. So whenever is good.
>Contact
Please no microphone or voicechat.

And I want to play because my current two games are on hiatus, and they were a lot of fun, but now I'm really bored.

>> No.22914980

>>22914607
Lol, I am not the Jed your looking for.

Goddamn there are so many Jeds around these days I preferred it when I was the only one I knew

Also the skype thing is unnecessary... I've keen but not so keen that I would pretend to be someone else in order to find a group.

>> No.22915795 [DELETED] 

>Player or GM
Both (been Forever GM for a long time,would prefer to play, but if I Have to, I can GM/DM/ST)
>Preferred System(s)
Any, Done alot of d6/d10/d20 games, and will play anything
>Timezone
UTC-8 (US Pacific Time)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
If its D&D/ Pathfinder...
Bard, Bard, Bard...
Don't allow me to play anything I want, Ill go crazy...
Gnoll Alchemist
Succubus Paladin
Mind Flayer Barbarian
Kobold Knight, who rides a Deinonychus AKA the Jurassic Park Raptors (Velociraptor are too small to ride)
Lizardman Illusionist
Hill Giant Thief-Acrobat
A Dragon.... no class just a fucking dragon
Anything else that is truly a terrible idea/ that guy material

but seriously, I don't care, as long as I get to play.

>> No.22915827

>Player or GM
Both (been Forever GM for a long time,would prefer to play, but if I Have to, I can GM/DM/ST)
>Preferred System(s)
Any, Done alot of d6/d10/d20 games, and will play anything
>Timezone
UTC-8 (US Pacific Time)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
If its D&D/ Pathfinder...
Bard, Bard, Bard...
Don't allow me to play anything I want, Ill go crazy...
Gnoll Alchemist
Succubus Paladin
Mind Flayer Barbarian
Kobold Knight, who rides a Deinonychus AKA the Jurassic Park Raptors (Velociraptor are too small to ride)
Lizardman Illusionist
Hill Giant Thief-Acrobat
A Dragon.... no class just a fucking dragon
Anything else that is truly a terrible idea/ that guy material

but seriously, I don't care, as long as I get to play.
Live in Southern California (San Diego Area), but am willing to use a series of tubes to connect to people

>> No.22916237

Bump

>> No.22916759

>>22905453
>>22907675

Attempting to add you both on skype to see if we might work details out for GAEMAN. Look for Honshu Higamori!

>Player or GM
Player, not comfortable with GMing for strangers quite yet..
>Preferred system(s)
Burning Wheel, Adeptus Evangelion, Legend of the 5 Rings, Don't Rest Your Head, Magical Burst, Maid RPG, Monsters and Other Childish Things, D&D 4e.. hell, pretty much anything other than D&D 3.5e and Pathfinder would be nifty. I love learning new systems
>Timezone
UTC-8 (US Pacific)
>Availability
Friday and Saturday at all hours and Sunday mornings, otherwise between 7:30am-2pm (I work graveyard shift)
Because ARE PEAING is cool and unfortunately my usual group has withered and died, so it's time to strike out anew!
Expect a lot of questions because dat's how I roll
>Contact
Email: [email protected]
Steam: Honshu Hnnngamori
Skype (that I never leave open unless I'm trying to contact somebody else through it): Honshu Hnnngamori

>> No.22916781

>>22916759
>Skype (that I never leave open unless I'm trying to contact somebody else through it): Honshu Hnnngamori

Apparently I lied and it is in fact honshuhigamori. This is what I get for never using skype; I forget all of the everything on it

>> No.22916877

>>22913730
Who is this Jed Buddicom?

>> No.22918773

> Player or GM

Player. I'm already a GM in two games, and my only real-life game only meets once every four weeks or so.

I'm so lonely.

> Preferred System(s)

Pathfinder, 3.5, 4E and anything I can get for free. Those are just the ones I know. I'm also interested in the Warhammer RPGs, specifically Dark Heresy or WHFRPG, but I've never played them.

> Timezone

Eastern Standard Time

> Availability

Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday

> Misc Notes

I like character and plot-driven games. I'm even okay with freeform if the setting and interactions are good. For characters I like to play wizards or spellcasters, but I'm also interested in playing a rogue type character, or maybe a bard of some kind.

You can reach me at soren.kai on Skype or by email.

>> No.22918851

>>22898415
kind sir, count me in.

>> No.22918887

>Player or GM
Player, but if there's enough interest and nobody more qualified, I could take a stab at GMing.
>Preferred System(s)
I want to be the giant robot. Adeptus Evangelion, Mekton, Mutants and Masterminds with mecha rules, GURPS Mecha, even Robotech or Battletech or whatever (though I'd have to learn those).
>Timezone
-6 GMT (Central US)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
>Contact Details
cowboyempiricist on Skype
[email protected]
A friend introduced me to Adeptus Evangelion and I'm abruptly hooked on mecha. I'm watching Eva and Gundam and wondering why I never watched them before. Unfortunately, my friend's AdEva game is assembling very slowly, and I must sate my lusts for punching out skyscraper scale enemies somehow.

>> No.22919743

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred Systems
I've only played 3.5, once, for a weekend event. Quite willing to learn new systems though.
>Timezone
+1 GMT (Europe)
>Availability
Weekends, nights.
>Misc Notes:
With only the one event as experience you might as well consider me a complete newbie.

>> No.22921410

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred Systems
I know Pathfinder, that's about it.
>Timezone
US Central
>Availability
Weekends, some nights on weekdays (schoolfag)
>Misc Notes:
I'm a complete newb and have never played before. Also, I can't download anything. (although I can use skype)

contact info in email

>> No.22921641

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System
Pathfinder
>Timezone
GMT. Sleeping patterns allow for me to be in a group with people from the east coast very easily.
>Availability
Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

>Notes
Just like OP I have been in groups that have just fallen apart silently around me. Its really distressing and not the experience I want. Willing to call myself very dedicated and want others who can do the same.

Contact details :

Email- [email protected]
Skype- QueenVeepNeep

Please contact me GMs. I really want a group that works and that I can have fun with!

>> No.22921660

>>22912296
Bumping the thread, and my post.

>> No.22922027

>>22901012

Bump

>> No.22923486

>>22901012
im very interested
im Austoful on skype.
i have experience with other game systems but have always wanted to play pathfinder, i have a few character sheets made, or i could make a new one.

>> No.22923583

>>22907675

Hey guys check this guy out! He's willing to DM totally contact him.

>> No.22923798

>Player or GM
GM

>Preferred System(s)
D&D 3.5, Pathfinder

>Timezone
-5 GMT (Eastern US)

>Availability
Unemployed, any evening of the week.

>Misc
I'm looking to put some real serious work into writing a few short campaigns to play over Roll20. I'm looking for four players who can handle critical thinking, a dickhead antagonist, and a healthy smattering of humor. They'll likely be in Pathfinder, but if you'd like to do one in another setting, just ask and I'll read up on it and queue it up in the campaign list. I'm shooting for 3-4 session games, and depending on how coherently it holds together, maybe bring in some more players and lengthen the campaigns.

I'm not ready to run the campaign I'm writing just yet, but I'd like to actually chat with anyone that might like to play.

>Skype: khashalq

>> No.22923880

>>22923798
are you planning on text or voice?

>> No.22923925

>Player or GM
Group of four players
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone
We have one player in GMT -5, one in GMT -6, one in GMT +0... But evenings in America would probably be best.
>Misc Notes
I'm the only one who's played tabletop RPGs much. One player has played 4-5 sessions before (mostly PF and maybe one game of Call of Cthulhu), one has played once (PF), and one has never played.

Normally I'd be up for anything, but the players who have played Pathfinder before are really wanting to play that.

>Contact details

>> No.22923999

>>22915827
>All dem characters

I'd love the opportunity to play with those guys. And roll something else really outlandish.

>> No.22924027

>>22923925
do you use voice or text only?

>> No.22924049

>>22924027
Voice should be fine. We chat on Skype all the time.

>> No.22924150

i'm surprised at the amount of GMs that have shown up

>> No.22924242

Rolled 38

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
I've played 3.5 and pathfinder, but I'm open to most systems, I really want to try o/nwod, shadowrun and cyberpunk
>Timezone
GMT +8 (western australia)
>Availability
Evenings mainly, but open for change.
>Contact
Really want to try new rpg systems!

>> No.22924496

>>22908903
Oh good, Im not the only one who immediately assumed that.

>> No.22924531

>>22913526
Think of it this way. In a Play by Post game, you cant control the other players in any meaningful way. That means, in a standard conversation, you can only hold half of it. In a standard battle, you can only do half of it, and probably less assuming the two of you are going to interact.

So when your standard conversation/battle has one part of it that lasts 3-4 pages, something is wrong. Posts should probably be under 1.5k words, maybe up to 2.5k.

>> No.22924576

>>22908903
What's so bad about this guy?

>> No.22924653

Player
Any system: preferred are L5R, nWod, CoC.
GMT +1
Almoust every evening, flexible with americans.
I roleplay, I don't care for being strong or succesful.

>> No.22924877

Does anybody actually get into games here? To you GMs that post here, have any of you actually been successful..?

>> No.22924985

>>22924877
I have picked up... 3 different groups from these threads.

2 of them died quickly, one is still going.

>> No.22924999

>>22924877

I'm >>22916759. I chatted with >>22905453 and we seem to be on for gaeman

Really, you'll never know unless you try

>> No.22925034

>>22924999
nice trips

nice to know something comes out of these then. i'm the guy who posted earlier who hasn't really ever played and i'm always apprehensive to actually try to contact people

>> No.22925091

>>22925034
>i'm the guy who posted earlier who hasn't really ever played and i'm always apprehensive to actually try to contact people

Don't wait for people to come to you. Take the initiative!

>> No.22925164

>>22925091
but my initiative roll was 1 :(

>> No.22925369

>Player or GM
either
>Preferred System(s)
up for discussion but most things
>Timezone
-6 GMT (Central US)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most days after 4 pm
I just got out of very long game with only 1 player (1 player 1 gm) in total. It was alot of fun and I would like keep on playin.

>> No.22925506

free bump

>> No.22925880

final freebie

>> No.22926229

bumpbumpbump

>> No.22926282

>>22923880
I'd like my players to at least have a microphone, but we can work around it if you don't want to talk or don't have one.

>> No.22926343

>>22926282
I'm able to play if you're willing to accept a new player.

>> No.22926456

>>22926282

i understand your preference. if you are still ok with someone who can't talk, i'd like to join, you sound like a gm i'd like to play with.

>> No.22926863

bump

>> No.22926900

>ctrl-f MST
>1 result
>.com and steam on two different lines

Y-you too.

>> No.22928762

>Position applying for
Player
>Preferred system
I've played D&D 1.0/2.0 mixed up, but I'm looking for 3.0+
>Timezone
I think GMT (-7)? West coast United States.
>Availability
Always Sunday and Thursday afternoons
Maybe Fri/Sat depending on how much homework I get
>Misc notes
Expect me to play like a noob. I really just want to have fun with the campaign and discover how things work on my own. No, not the mechanics, but things like using a certain spell with a magic item to create a really powerful combination. 2nd edition had a lot of that when you could enchant items.

E-mail in field.

>> No.22928840

GM
Running a homebrew Pathfinder campaign
Sunday nights, 7 PM PST (Will probably be postponed due to the Superbowl

Looking for one more player to join a group that I've been trying to get started for a few weeks now. Party consists of a human ranger, human fighter, Aasimar Oracle, and Dwarven Rogue; would appreciate an arcane class of some sort. Anyone interested in playing should email me with some sort of character concept; I can provide fluff on the setting as necessary.

Players need a mic, skype, and Roll20.

>> No.22928996

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Dungeons the Dragonning has really grown on me as of late, but am actually looking to try something completely new.
>Timezone
EST
>Availability
Sunday and Tuesday for all afternoon and night, Monday and Wednesday for night.
I'm a huge fan of homebrew and have been working on a system that has been in perpetual alpha for a while now. I would like to try some new games that I have never tried before, just to get me thinking outside the box, and getting some fresh ideas flowing.

I've seen a few RPG's that don't use range/distance, and combat is kinda FF style of enemies vs players, anyone can hit anyone. This really interests me, and I would love to try it, but its not a huge deal.

>> No.22931261

BUMP

>> No.22931328

>Player or GM
GM or Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, 4e D&D, and Dark Heresy. I also have never played but want to try Rogue Trader and Shadowrun.
>Timezone
MST, UTC-7 (Mid-West US)
>Availability
Currently unemployed, available all days of the week. Not sure how long this will last though.
>Misc Notes
I have been trying to get into roleplaying games for years, but every single one of the games I've joined or made fall apart after a few sessions. So while I'm familiar with and have played quite a few systems, I'm not actually very experienced. At this point I just really want to play a game that will last longer than a month.

If I'm going to DM, we will be using Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds, because I have Campaign Cartographer and I like to use it.

Contact me on Skype: Ranokin
Or email in field.

>> No.22931503

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Dark Heresy or Shadowrun, I'm new to tabletop rpg's but eager to learn
>Timezone
EST
>Availability
Friday and Saturday nights and occasionally weeknights
>Contact Details
skype name is dan-hane
"DH": I'm a massive fan of 40k and its lore, that being said i think Dark Heresy digs the most into the universe and I love the investigation aspects and risk involved in combat.
"Shadowrun": always been interested in Shadowrun and love the universe behind it, big fan of fantasy and cyberpunk

>> No.22932790

BUMP

>> No.22933114

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System
4th ed DnD
>Timezone
UTC/GMT +1 hour
>Availability
Most sats and sundays
>Misc
NEVER played before, really want to try it out.
Will read whatever rulebooks im needed to
>Contact details
[email protected]

Anyone willing to teach me how this game works ?

>> No.22935451

BUMP

>> No.22937276

Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
4e, 3.5, A Song of Ice and Fire, Only War, DH, Rogue Trader, Star Wars (only know Saga, could learn others)
>Timezone
-5 GMT (Eastern US)
>Availability
All nights after 10pm, or Saturday afternoons
Willing to learn just about any system, i have been really hankering just to play some RPG. May need help learning maptools and the like. And starships, i looove starships.
>Contact Details
email is in the field, can give skype if interested

>> No.22938171

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Eclipse Phase
>Timezone
-8 GMT, PST San Diego
>Availability
Anytime after 3-4 PM
Looking for an Eclipse Phase game, new to the system and really enjoying it.

>> No.22938191

>>22938171

MFW contact
>Contact Details
Email in field, Skype: Tech.Techington

>> No.22938855

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Dungeon World, Call of Cthulhu, D&D 4e, Swords and Wizardry, Fiasco, Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Timezone
GMT -8 (Western US)
>Availability
Sunday
>Contact Details
Email in above field.
Also, the YT channel: www.youtube.com/user/TijiOnline
We are a channel that wants to store recordings of games run by and played with fa/tg/uys. Our sessions will be recorded. We only have one DM at the moment, and the systems he is familiar with GMing are above. Fiasco does not need a GM.

>> No.22938928

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Eclipse Phase
>Timezone
GMT ((irelivent, fucked sleep patterns)
>Availability
Any
I want to play SO BAD.

>> No.22938960

>>22938171
My brotha!

>>22938928
Contact details:
[email protected]

>> No.22939761

>>22924576

1. He runs 1000 games at once. Has no real idea where yours is and has pretty obvious apathy if one group looks to be failing.

2. He overtly works fetishes into his game and gets really annoyed when you call him out on it.

>> No.22940352

>>22939761

Damn, I'm glad I haven't met him.

>> No.22940493

Alright, I've got a proposition to make.

I'm a

>Player and GM
my preferred systems are
>Literally anything other than Dungeons and Dragons and its clones
My timezone is
>EST -5 GMT
Availability
>Weekdays after 6 PM till Midnight, Weekends from noon to midnight

HERE'S THE KICKER

I'm the player for a group that is, to put it bluntly, fatigued with our current playstyle. We've been whittled down to about 4 people, including our GM, and the 3 man parties are feeling too insular, and we're not running anything.

I'm wanting to get some fresh blood in to our group, and some fresh games that aren't the kinda thing our GM normally does.

Our GM normally does

>Modern Day, Tactical, Military Based, if you fuck up early on you're fucked throughout the entire game, serious, shades of grey morality

I'm wanting

>Fantasy/Modern Fantasy, Roleplay/Description Based, High-Flying/High-Powered, more light hearted, being the big godamned hero

Not saying you NEED to run this to join the group

I'm just saying, that's what we would like.

Also, we're all GMs in the group, so at one point everyone is expected to run a game.

skype is in the field, apologies if I've tried to run games for you prior and ditched. been dealing with depression for a long time and only recently do I have the motivation to actually run instead of feeling pressured to run to "stop feeling like a parasite on my group"

>> No.22940532

>>22940493
Oh, almost forgot to mention

We're a friendly goddamned group! Do NOT feel scared, just because you're new/never GMed/never played before or anything

It is not required to GM to play with us, and we're so much more than willing to teach people how to do Tabletops. We're not going to kick you out or be nasty to you because you don't understand things.

>> No.22940595

>>22940532

Voice or text?

>> No.22940636

>>22940595
We do OOC and Rules stuff over voice, but descriptions and actions and "Game" stuff is over text. Basically, we shoot the shit and be stupid over voice but get serious over text. Voice is not ever required if you're uncomfortable with it, but is enjoyed.

But we are willing to try new things.

>> No.22940738

>>22940636

I prefer things over voice but I can try new things.

>> No.22941456

>>22940493
>>22940532

This seems like an absolutely fantastic environment.

You are going to roofie and eat me arn't you

>> No.22941594

>>22941456
>>22940738
Just message me.

I promise I won't bite or nothing. Come on, would these demon titties lie to you?

>> No.22941632

>>22941594

Oh my~

>> No.22941692

>>22941632
Das what I thought. Now come on, just send me a contact request, we can get a call going, and organize the FUCK out of something.

>> No.22941702

>>22941692
It has already been sent!

>> No.22941776

>>22941702
That's odd, I'm not seeing anything. Mind posting your skype and I can try adding you?

>> No.22941810

>>22941776

QueenVeepNeep

>> No.22941839

>>22941810
Fuck yes Star Control 2

>> No.22941928

I already posted in this thread, but that was for a group of players looking for a GM, not for by myself, and I'll probably have time for two games a week.

>Player or GM
Strongly prefer player.
>Preferred System(s)
Anything is fine, though I don't really like 40k stuff.
>Timezone
GMT -5
>Misc. Notes
I've always wanted to play a fantasy setting game with lots of political intrigue.
>Contact details

>> No.22941938

>>22941928 here.
To clarify, I mean I'm looking for an additional game, not for two games.

>> No.22941967

>Player or GM
GM
>Preferred System(s)
Stars Without Number, Mutant Chronicles, Dark Heresy/40k RPG, Star Wars d6, GUMSHOE derivatives
>Timezone
UTC-5, EST
>Availability
Any day but Sunday.
>Misc Notes (Ideas)
>Mecha horror space X-Com sort of game using Stars Without Number.
>Tau invade a feudal world. Are you a bad enough dude to join the rebellion?
>Mutant Chronicles pauldron-core game. C'mon, its Cyberpunk meets 40k with Traveller lifepath creation, you know you like cheese.
>Star Wars d6 smuggler hijinks. Era negotiable.
>80s post-modern horror, Vertigo style with GUMSHOE (Trail of Cthulhu)

>> No.22942004

>>22941967
>80s post-modern horror, Vertigo style with GUMSHOE (Trail of Cthulhu)
Hellblazer is among my favorite comics. You mentioned Vertigo. Can I get in on this? I'm >>22941928

>> No.22942209

>>22941839

Mah nigga

>> No.22942261

>>22942004
Yeah, sure, if anyone else expresses interest.

Also, I'm >>22941967 and I left out my contact info.
[email protected]
spoonin.boys on Skype
outernet on Steam (the one with Aphex Twin for an image)

>> No.22942868

>Player or GM
Player (Possibly GM)
>Preferred System(s)
Only War, DnD 3.5
>Timezone
Any(Sleep is for the weak)
>Availability
As of now practically any day of the week is good.
>Misc Notes
I want to learn and GM Only War very...VERY badly but I need to learn the system better first.
>Contact
dawdaw932 on skype

>> No.22942870

>>22942261
Added.

>> No.22943196

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Changeling: The Lost, any WOD lineup, Traveller, Eclipse Phase
>Timezone
PST
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, preferably evenings
>Contact
Email in the field

>> No.22943525

So I take it this is probably one of the longest Gamefinder threads? This has been going on for a while now.

>> No.22943624

>>22943525
They've autosaged before, but lots of people just try to do them on a Thursday afternoon and wonder why no one's posting.

>> No.22944452

>Player or GM
Player with GM experience
>Preferred Systems
Pathfinder, interested fudge systems, willing to try anything but non-3.x D&D.
>Timezone
PST
>Availability
Varies, but I'm usually available from 3-11pm on weekdays, and from noon to midnight on weekends.
>Misc Notes - or why you want to play
Not looking to GM, I've tried to set up a couple games just recently and plans fell through due to lack of attendance before things even got started. Sort of disheartened by that, so I'd rather player it up. I'd prefer voice not required games. Skype in email field.

>> No.22944847

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Don't rest your Head, Rouge Trader, D&D 3.5e, Shadow Run. Really any game is good with me.
>Timezone
PST (Califona)
>Availability
Weekends or Friday
>Misc Notes
I like to play Mekboyz in 40k games, in D&D stuff I play gnoll most the time. I'm fine with whatever like I said so not being able to play those is fine. Also would really love a game set in the 80's or 70's.

>> No.22944971

>>22944847
>Rouge Trader

>> No.22945106

>>22944971
>Mascara Trader

>> No.22945225

>>22945106
Bringing rare perfumes to the fringe worlds.

>> No.22945236

>>22945225
Smuggling rare and highly-controlled cosmetic products.

>> No.22945260

>>22945236
>Orkshadow
>Lipcron

>> No.22945292

>>22945260
>A nail polish made out of the refined bone marrow of orphaned children. Seventeen thousand dollars for one nail's worth of polish.

>> No.22945314

>>22945292
>In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, we eat that for dinner in the trenches.

>> No.22945328

>>22945314
>One sister of battle has several hundred orphan's worth of refined bone marrow nail polish on her toes.

>> No.22945342

>>22945328
>The Grey Knights murdered Sisters of Battle so they could paint their pauldrons with the nail polish.

>> No.22945367

>>22945342
>That feel when you accidentally slip and a small fortune in orphan bone marrow nail polish gets smeared on your skin instead of the nail.

TACKY

>> No.22945379

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Anything, as long as you're willing to teach it to me
>Timezone
Eastern Standard Time (NYC) -5 GMT
>Availability
Monday, Tuesday, Wedsday, Thurday (day) Friday-Sunday (nights), and random times I might get called into work, but doesn't happen often.
>Misc Notes - New to pen&paper but would love to learn!

>> No.22945388

>>22945379
>as long as you're willing to teach it to me
Just download the book and learn it yourself.

>> No.22945390

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
I'm open to learn pretty much anything besides Pathfinder or DnD.
>Timezone
UTC -5 (Eastern)
>Availability
Every day, past 4 pm
>Misc Notes
I'd prefer something over-the-top, action-oriented. I'd like to be able to do awesome shit. Not much experience with RPGs, but I'm willing to learn pretty much anything.

>> No.22945402

this thread got awesome

>> No.22945403

>>22945388
but there's no book for anything

>> No.22945405

>Beggars being choosers, the thread

>> No.22945416

>>22945379
Zounds, I seem to have forgotten my email. But not this time. Never again.

>> No.22945428

>>22945405
That's what happens when you get
>I'll only play Pathfinder

>> No.22945431

>>22945405
You can't really say that in a gamefinder thread. Theres no point in playing a game where you aren't having fun.

>> No.22945432

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder OR Only War
>Timezone
GMT-8, Pacific, Active nights so Euro-Daytime works too
>Availability
Weekends
>Contact
Psyentific on Rizon.net. otherwise email

>> No.22945453

>>22945390
Email in field or rilitur on skype.

Fuck.

>> No.22945458

>>22945431
Sure, but there's a lot of players who whine about never being able to play - and a lot of GMs who whine about only ever getting to be the GM. I see a bunch of people willing to run games ITT, and I guarantee most of them won't end up running games for lack of interest.

>> No.22945462

>>22945388
More along the lines of 'ill read the book and such, but I don't know the fundamentals of role play/have no experience with it'

>> No.22945472

>>22945432
Also willing to learn new systems - I've heard good things about Eclipse Phase, Star Wars d6 or d20...

Hell, I'm just starved for a game.

>> No.22945482

>>22898415
Sent ;)

>> No.22945491

>>22945458
There's also a lot of players who are just like 'I'll play only X' or 'I will play anything but NOT X' or 'Fuck you, teach me your system.'

>> No.22945513

>Player or GM
Either
>Preferred System
Any
>Timezone
ALL TIME IS MY TIME
>Availability
ALL ten dimensions
>Contact
ESP
Is this better >>22945405 ?

>> No.22945525

>>22945491
Also true. Branch out, dudes. You might, shockingly, enjoy something new.

>> No.22945558

>>22945513
Aren't you the retard from the L5R thread who blamed the system for your inability to find non-retards to play with?

>> No.22945564

>>22945260
Meowth, that's right!

>> No.22945575

>>22945432
Guys. Please. Only War/Pathfinder/Name A System,

I just want to roll some dice, not at all picky about how or when, and I haven't done that in at least a year now...

>> No.22945585

>>22945558
several bad experiences made the game NOTfun for me. But as there were many other fish in the sea, i simply re-cast my line

>> No.22945602

>>22945575
>ctrl+f "GM"
Looks like a bunch of gentlemen ITT willing to run games. Why not contact one or more of them?

>> No.22945603

>>22945558
I never blamed teh system, only the type of players it attracts.

>> No.22945631

>>22945603
>the type of players it attracts.
>on 4chan.
Its not the game, you just may not actually like the people here. In which case, theres plenty of other gaming forums on the net.

>> No.22945642

>>22945585
>>22945603
You're full of shit.

>> No.22945657

>>22945631
All my L5R games were real life, i only recently started playing games online. Most of them were at CogCon where the Living Rokugan primary takes place. Two of my friends had been with the Living game for years and when i tried to get involved i got a shit GM. Thats really all.

>> No.22945667

>>22945657
>Living Rokugan
Found your problem.

>> No.22945670

>>22945642
And you are an ass on the internetwebs, your point?

>> No.22945679

>>22945657
So, from what you've indicated so far
>L5R is not fun for you because of bad experiences
>You don't blame the system
>But it is the system's fault because it attracts shit people
>In actuality it's really just a time where you got a shit GM at a con

>> No.22945687

>>22909961
>update: have now successfully GMed one session using homebrew rules system

I'm less useless than before. Send me an email =/

>> No.22945698

>>22945687
I would, but I want to wear your skin.

>> No.22945751

>>22945679
essentially yea. What niked for me though was when a BRO talked me into trying it again, and i was AGAIN screwed by Weabooism.

That really the problem i have with it, it attracts too many weaboos.

and now i have derailed the thread enough and will go do other things

>> No.22945772

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder
>Timezone
-8 GMT (California)
>Availability
Any day 'cept Tuesdays
>Misc Notes
I mostly fill any party role that isn't filled. Try to be a team player and all that.

>> No.22945782

>>22945751
>It attracts too many weeaboos

I know exactly what you mean. It's like how Dungeons and Dragons attracts Dungeons and Dragons players.

>> No.22945788

>>22945772
>Contact details
snakes_in_the_grass Skype

>> No.22945790

>>22945782
I fucking hate how many 40k fans play Only War.

>> No.22945814

>>22945790
I hate how collectible card games attract card collectors.

>> No.22945955

>>22945814
I hate how wargames attract card collectors.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, FANTASY FLIGHT.

>> No.22946006

>>22945782
>>22945790
>>22945814
Oy vay. theres a weeaboo who thinks that a katana can cut through armor and make miracles happen, and then there's the guy who just likes Asian culture. The former is a disease, the latter is just a guy who likes stuff.

>> No.22946050

>>22946006
I thought you were leaving? Also, I don't really see how weeabooism had anything at all to do with your bad experience. You had a bad GM who didn't understand the system or how honor works.

>> No.22946181

>>22946050
maybe im easier to bait than i thought.

Anyway, honor as a mechanic is dumber than the alignment system, its too open to interpretation and (in my experiance) most DM's err on the side of FO THA HONUR full idiot version of what they think bushido is all about.

Like that guy in teh other thread who had a characters head cut off for not kneeling with his crab clan guy

>> No.22946229

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
D&D, or WOD stuff. I'd actually do damn near anything. It's been forever since I've had a game
>Timezone
GMT -5 (East Coast of US)
>Availability
Anytime
>Misc Notes - I'm new to gaming. I've been in about 3 different games and that's it. But I'm a quick learner.\
>Contact info
skype- rorey_plague
Email is in email field

>> No.22946255

>>22946181
So...play in a game without honor as a mechanic.

>> No.22946293

>>22946255
i do. havn't played L5R in five years

Im on to Exalted, SW:Saga, Shadorun, MekTonZeta, some NewWoD and Rogue Trader.

>> No.22946378

>>22946229
>Player or GM
Either. I'm mainly looking to play right now but would like to find a group I can run games for when I feel inclined to try out a campaign idea, and who will run games of their own to share.
>Preferred System
I've mostly played 3.5 and Pathfinder, would really like to get into an L5R game, am open to Shadowrun and most anything really. I've also done Monsters and other Childish Things before, willing to learn and pick up most systems, also like Mutants and Masterminds.
>Timezone
PST
>Availability
Any hour of any day really, though my Thursdays are taken at the moment.
>Misc Notes
As I said, I'm looking to get into L5R, or at least an Asian-themed 3.5 or Pathfinder game. I'm big on Star Trek/Star Wars/Superheroes, a bit of everything really. Big fan of Ogre Battle/Final Fantasy Tactics.
>Contact info
[email protected] for e-mail
skype is Metal Slime

>> No.22946430

>player or gm
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Any 40k RPG
>Timezone
GMT-8 (PST
> availability
any day except Sunday (may change, but unlikely)
>Misc
email:[email protected]
I'm a pretty shy/sensitive dude so having nice players is a plus

>> No.22946480

>>22946378
Aren't you the guy who whined because the GM wouldn't let you play a godling?

>> No.22946488

>>22913622
You forget the meth. SO MUCH METH.

>> No.22946541

>>22946480
Yup, that's me.
My main complaint was that I was being roadblocked because the focus of my build was charisma.

>> No.22946695

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, might be open to new system
>Timezone
GMT -8
>Availability
Anytime except for Tuesdays
>Contact
Skype- snakes_in_the_grass, e-mail in the e-mail field
>Misc Notes
Sorry for the repost, I wanted to properly put my contact info.

But yeah, I usually just fill in whatever roll isn't already taken.

>> No.22946705

>>22923798
All full up! If the campaigns i'm about to run have players drop, or go well enough, I'll open it back up and/or invite additional DMs.

>> No.22946789

>>22946541
I don't think that was the problem he had with your character.

>> No.22946964

>>22946789
I don't really have the logs anymore. I remember he was also complaining about retribution. He didn't like the fact that at 7th level I was going to be able to make a melee attack against someone who made a melee attack against me.

The character was not optimized for combat, retribution was one of the few real defenses the character had in battle. It was primarily a diplomatic character with the ability to channel energy to heal allies, and after half a dozen levels could also slightly defend himself.

Not that it mattered at all, because the GM (sub-GM actually, and if I recall he wasn't going to be running any of the kingmaker groups, he was just going through and approving characters) really only had a beef with the godling class in general. He didn't like it. It didn't matter how it was built, he didn't like the class. So he asked me to build the character up to 7th level to show him what I planned for the character, even though he had already decided to deny the character.

>> No.22947132

>>22946964
People who make up enormous mechanical abstractions and call it a character concept are usually shot down. You might just have to get used to it.

>> No.22947245

>>22947132
>People who make up enormous mechanical abstractions

Go ahead and just tell me in english what you're trying to tell me, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

That guy was the only person in the entire group to have a problem with the character. So there isn't really any subtlety here.

>> No.22947266

>>22947132
>>22946789
>>22946480
That GM detected. The guy who put together a 30 man kingmaker game and then idled for three months before quitting

>> No.22947385

>>22947245
You took a mechanical abstraction (a specific class) and then built your entire character around it. If you wanted to play a healy diplomat, you would've been fine with being a healy diplomat. Instead, you married a very specific mechanical abstraction and threw a shit-fit when someone decided it didn't suit their game.

Play the actual game, not the character creation minigame.

>> No.22947439

GM
Deadlands, SWSE, or Pathfinder
Central Standard Time
Available Saturday afternoons and Sunday afternoon and evening
We're probably going to lose a player soon and I want to bolster the ranks as they are thin.

>> No.22947495

>>22947385
That's not even the case.
1. The character was more than just his class, the sub-GM in that Kingmaker game never even cared to know anything about the character, he just wanted to know about the mechanics of it but had already decided to deny the character because he didn't like the Godling class.
2. It wasn't his game. He wasn't the GM for the group as a whole and not even the GM for the group I was playing in.
3. We spent over two months sitting around waiting for the actual GM to get things together and begin the game. It was nothing but a character creation minigame with people making and remaking characters and waiting around for the day when the GM finally just came out and said he bit off more than he could chew and then left the group.

>> No.22947534

>>22947495
>he just wanted to know about the mechanics of it but had already decided to deny the character because he didn't like the Godling class.
And if you just wanted to play a healy diplomat, you could've just swapped to a different class.

>We spent over two months sitting around waiting
Your fault, not his.

>> No.22947615

>>22947534
Look, we may as well drop the third person since it's obviously you. You're making the same argument you made then. It's been over a freaking year, I don't even know why you bothered bringing all of this up again, other than your desire for confrontation. And like I JUST said, there was more to the character in terms of fluff and background that you never even cared to ask or know about.

You didn't like the class and made me write out seven levels in advance for no reason other than to have a power trip when you denied it anyway.

>> No.22947641

>>22947615
>since it's obviously you
There are only two people on the internet. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously you.

>> No.22947687

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
3.5 or 4e, will try anything though.
>Timezone
-4 GMT
>Availability
Tell me at least one day in advance and I'll be ready.
I haven't played a good game of D&D in a long time, and I'd really like to. I'm up for anything, but you'd have to put up with me learning the ropes for the first session or two. I'm a loyal player, and I'll be there for as many sessions as I can.

Contact info: Email field

>> No.22947703

>>22947641
You're word for word saying the same crap he said a year ago, and out of the entire kingmaker group he's the only one who had any problem whatsoever with the class choice (coincidentally the same problems you have).

So when someone says "Hey, aren't you the guy who whined because they wouldn't let you play a Godling?" It's pretty obvious it's you.

>> No.22947758

I see lots of other noobs in this thread. Would any of you (or good players as well - I'm sure as hell not turning them away) be interested in doing something easy and simple over IRC with a new but reliable GM? It'll be a great way to get your feet wet

I have GMed precisely once, using a homebrew system based on the fighting fantasy gamebooks. My single player and I both thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so I know I'm not That GM or anything. I now intend on running something akin to The Window, another very easy system to get the hang of (just google it you'll learn it in ten minutes easily)

If anyone is interested, email me. Link is here; >>22909961. Timezone is +13 (New Zealand) but I'm pretty flexible about when I can do this.

>> No.22947791

>>22947703
>You're word for word saying the same crap he said a year ago
There's only one guy on the internet who thinks people who play weird third party classes and whine when you say no are lame!

>> No.22947811

>>22947791
Whatever, I really don't even care anymore. Have a great weekend.

>> No.22947830

>>22947758
What kind of game are you gonna run?

>> No.22948013

>>22947830
Looks like a fantasy setting for now, I reckon thats the easiest setting for new players to start in. But I can do something else if theres a certain genre that everyone wants.

>> No.22948078

>>22947830
The last setting I ran was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYBtQ1PU + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUsyt54I

I can handle pretty much anything the players want. Except weird fetish shit.

>> No.22948376

Anyone in not-US timezone running games? Or in the US running games in US mornings?

>> No.22948480

>>22946378
There's way too many results for Metal Slime on skype.

>> No.22948504

>>22948480
The one in Spokane.

>> No.22948784

>>22948504
Say your skype is nickfriggin then.

>> No.22948862

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
DnD/Pathfinder/AdEva/Whatever. I'm cool with anything really
>Timezone
-5 GMT (North American East Coast)
>Availability
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
>Misc Notes - I'm interested in Political and/or Drama centered Campaigns.

>> No.22948878

>>22948784
Shit, my bad.

>> No.22948931

>>22948878
Dude, you're from Spokane? If it's the Spokane I'm thinking off, I used to live on Fairichild Airforce Base

>> No.22948981

Im looking for a RL game, Fairly new to the state and trying to find a group in my area.
Upshure County Texas, in or around Gilmer.
>Player or GM
Either.
>Preferred System
Im Best with the D100 Warhammer RPGS. I Also have alot of experience with 3.5/pathfinder.
Willing to try new things.
>Availability
Thursday, Friday, Sunday, or Monday nights.
>Misc Notes
I Already have an online group that players pretty regularly, and im not looking to add to or break away from that, just would like some face to face gaming for once.
>Contact info

>> No.22949013

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
PTU, PTA, DnD 3.5, 4E, Pathfinder if willing for a newbie, DH
>Timezone
-7 GMT (Mountain Standard Time US)
>Availability
All, currently
>Misc Notes
No seriously, would murder for a PTU GM. Email above if interested.

>> No.22949365

>>22949013
>PTU, PTA
Say what now?

>> No.22949428

>>22949365
Pokemon Tabletop United/Adventure.

>> No.22949429

>>22949365
PTU, no idea. PTA is maybe Pokemon Tabletop Adventures?

>> No.22949573

>>22948376
Theres heaps of us. Why do we even do this thread if nobody reads it...

>> No.22949639

>>22949573
Running games. Not looking to play in.

>> No.22949870

>>22948931
That's the one.

>> No.22949979

>>22949870
Holy fuck man. I haven't lived there in ages. But I just never meet anyone from that area XD

>> No.22950047

Yes, there are non-American timezone GMs here. I am one of them. You should probably re-read the posts here.

>> No.22950059

>>22950047
What one are you?

>> No.22950063

>>22948376
I'm running a 4e game if you'd like to join
Where you from buddy?
Skype is Mallaeus

>> No.22950114

>>22950063
Not the anon you replied too, but I sent you contact request; I'm GMT+4 (Moscow) so that limits the games I can be in and I've been looking for a 4e game for ages.

>> No.22950155

>>22950114
*a contact request

>> No.22950186

SALUTATIONS!

I'm a Player and I'm very new. Hoping to get a few games under my belt so when I eventually have a crack at DMing I won't be blind.

I'm from Australia and as such am stuck in the UTC +10 timezone.

System wise, my current preferences would be Pathfinder, Adeptus Evangelion or Only War.

I'm available on Thursday, Sunday and Monday although depending on where everyone else comes from that might mean Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday

If you wish to contact me please send a message to the email in the email field, I look forward to adventuring with you.

>> No.22950324

>>22950059
Dolemite is my name, and fucking up motherfuckers is *still* my game.

This guy here;
>>22909961
>>22947758
>>22948078

New, but keen and reliable and running a stats light system called The Window (or some derivative thereof).

Last party consisted of a time travelling disco vampire named Count Blackula, his time travelling pirate robot hustler buddy named Captain Charisma (who had a magic parrot), the motherfucking Sasquatch, what was essentially a money-themed Batman, and a Jewish Cowboy (all played by the same dude sadly...) rampaging through da hood and putting the hurt on a bunch of supernatural gangsters (the "Crypts" and the "Bloods") who were selling meth to local schools and orphanages to fund their nefarious schemes

If you like fun and hate excessive crunch I'm the GM for you. But if you can watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1C_axzNg and not dig it, probably should go find someone else

We have one taker already, and possibly another. Looking for a few more, and willing to run almost any setting you guys are keen on.

Email is in the relevant field for anyone who is interested. I'll now stop with the self-advertisement and let some other motherfuckers post ITT

>> No.22950340

>>22950186
Also could be up your alleyway mate. More or less the same time zone, and very noob friendly. Downside is that it isn't any of your preferred systems (though god knows I'd love to try AE). I'll flick you an email

>> No.22950773

>>22950324

>> No.22952664

>>22947439
Hey, I would love to play some SWSE. I am: >>22937276
I have emailed you.

>> No.22953006

>Player or GM
GM

>System
Dark Heresy

>Timezone
EST

>Availability
Sunday

>Notes
This is a group that has already played a game. We run from 9 PM EST Sunday night to around 2 AM. I am looking for someone willing to join in and create a character for a game tonight that will run every Sunday at the same time. Games will be over IRC.

>Contact info:
Skype, hive_atlas

>> No.22953143

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, 2e, 3e, 4e
>Timezone
NA East Coast (EST)
>Availability
Anyday from 7 PM and forward. Week-end is FFA.
I'll probably make a paladin for the game; I have an idea for a character and I'm dying to trying it out.
>Contact details

>> No.22957063

bump

>> No.22957827

>>22957063
Dolemite now has three of four motherfuckers needed to start a game. So this shit is going down, its just a matter of when and with who. Hit me up at >>22950324

>> No.22957834

>>22953006
Voice or text?

>> No.22957879

>>22957827
You are the worst non-tripfag on this board. Congratulations.

>> No.22957901

>>22957879
Haha, haters gon hate.

>> No.22958784

what are some ways we can improve matchmaking? doesn't seem like this is too effective

>> No.22958825

>>22958784

I feel like DMs recruiting for their games would work best. The post their info, and people contact them if they're interested in the game.

>> No.22959451

The big problem is, well, say I like the look of >>22905453

Is his game still open? Did it even start? Is it ever going to start? Is he even still alive? I don't know any of these things.

Since emailing some motherfucker at random, especially from your personal account, is uncomfortable at best, we're not going to get anywhere near the takers we otherwise would. Likewise, I'm not inclined to reach out to players who just posted a profile waaay back at the start of the thread and haven't put any effort since.

On the other hand, look at how I'm recruiting. Sure, a couple of jimmies have been rustled (man up faggots) but any potential players know the answers to every single one of those crucial questions I posted above. And as such, I've got myself three players out of the four I need. When I get the last one, I'll make sure everyone knows that my game is now closed so theres no confusion.

This, or at least some derivative thereof, is the best way to do things IMO. It's alot like TV commercials - you've got to bombard the audience 24/7 so they know what you've got on offer. You'll never get what you want by just waiting for it to show up at your door

>> No.22959567

>>22959451
>Since emailing some motherfucker at random, especially from your personal account,

>2013
>not having alternate accounts for 4chan use

>> No.22959572

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred Systems
Pathfinder, but I'm interested in Savage Worlds, Dresden Files, GURPS, and Mutants and Masterminds
>Timezone
PST
>Availability
Typically after 4pm.
>Misc Notes
Not ForeverPlayer or ForeverGM, I just don't feel like Gming.
>Contact info
In email field

>> No.22959785

Got a shitload of SST stuff recently.

Interest check

>> No.22959913

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Black Crusade, Deathwatch, Only War
>Timezone
-3 GMT
>Availability
Evenings and weekends
Text-based, please. Any sort of tool is fine.

See email field or add frdneto on skype.

>> No.22960435

>>22959785
Oh shit, this could be epic. Whats that based off - the book? The movies? The... animated series =/

And are you wanting to do it over IRC, webcam, or what?

>If book or movie, and IRC rather than voice or cam, dead keen. Email attached.

>> No.22960445

>>22959785
Yes.

>> No.22960450

Going out on a limb...

>Player or GM
Player
>Preferred System(s)
Pathfinder, 3.5, 4e, willing to learn AD&D
>Timezone
-5 GMT (EST)
>Availability
Friday day, Saturday, Sunday pretty much all day
>Misc Notes - Looking for a bi-weekly game idealy, but can do weekly. I work part time and go to school full time. Availability outside those those times is kinda limited. I hope to hear from someone, it sucks not having anyone to play with around here

>> No.22960607

>>22960450
Sat and Sun also at night

>> No.22960693

>>22960445
>>22960435
It's a healthy dose of all 3, with the show and movie providing most of the material. By default most soldiers use fully enclosed armor like the show, but there's "light infantry" armor which is based on the movie. The book shows up more in the background material but some of the weapons and at least one set of heavy armor is the original stuff.

The fluff is really cool and you can even have non-soldier / off-battlefield campaigns with civies, rebels, skinnies and some other stuff. They didn't really skimp on the political and intrigue side of things thankfully.

I'm no where near ready to start a game though, just wanted to see if it'll be worth my time to really study the books I got.

>> No.22961940

>>22960693
Well consider me interested. The only issue though is that if your not doing it now, I don't check my email on a regular basis (read: only when I know I've been sent something) so when you contact me to get this shit show on the road, I might not see it for months.

>> No.22962735

>>22961940
>months

Lol what.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action