Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.22662271 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Who has better tech, Tau or Imperium?

>> No.22662289

>>22662271

ORKZ

>> No.22662342

>>22662271
Imperium, but it's all old and no one knows how to innovate or use it properly anymore. Basically, it's like humans vs. covenant in Halo.

Of course, it's hard to just generalize "tech" like that. Tau have pulse rifles and railguns, but the Imperium has warp travel

>> No.22662369

Overall? The Imperium has a much, much higher threshold. The Tau seem to have a better industrial base though.

>> No.22662378

Tyranids

>> No.22662393

Define "better". The Imperium has amazing tech, they just either don't know how to use it or use it in the wrong way. The Tau know their tech but don't have the same level as the Dark Age of Technology, but again neither does the Imperium anymore.

>> No.22662408

>>22662289
I do believe I must concur with this fine boy'z opinon. You see, the fact of the matter is that orks, as /tg/ well knows, create a gestalt psychic field, which grows more and more powerful the more orks there are. Orks can literally reshape reality through the use of this field while being completely unaware that they are doing so. This explains why ork vehicles that are painted red actually go faster, or why ork firearms, which should fall apart after a few magazines' worth of rounds at the absolute most, are able to be used by orks to such great effect. Why, if you were to convince every Ork in the universe that the Ruinous powers did not exist and that the Emperor was merely a rubber chicken wrapped in gold leaf, it would happen.

Thus, I agree that the orks have the greatest technological potential, given that they can redefine reality itself. It is, of course, just a matter of getting them to quit mukkin' about.

>> No.22662430

The Imperium has the better tech. They don't have tons of it, but they have it.

>> No.22662444

I've heard that if you were to reduce the IoM's size to Tau levels, they would have enough supplies to give every Guardsman carapace armor and plasma weapons, and generally anything that would have been considered "top of the line" gear.

The problem with the IoM now is that it is just WAY too fucking big and it is rampant with corruption and logistical inefficiency, thereby marring the effectiveness of their fighting force.

I have a feeling that once the IoM starts losing more and more worlds, their more advanced tech will start making its way around to the average soldier.

>> No.22662456

Imperium.

The DAoT Tech blows the Tau, Eldar, and even the Necron Tech outta of the water.

Humans are the real masters of Technology or were that.

>> No.22662504

>>22662271
humans have better tech, but several factors limit its use:
production methods are run by the AdMech, heavily ritualizing every process, thus making everything slow
several technologies exist that can only be replicated, but are not understood fully or even partially
several technologies exist that can not even be replicated and thus are hoarded y Inq, AdMech, Chapters, others
the logistics of the Imperium are a nightmare, this is why ammo-less Las weaponry is preferred over other options for IG
very few people outside the AdMech know how to run/repair/maintain anything, hence why the preference for reliability and durability over anything else

The Tau have a comparatively small empire, their means of production are not run by cybermenonites and even tho the military and the technologic castes are apart it is not heresy for the fire caste to learn how to maintain his gear

>> No.22662514

>>22662342
Pulse weapons are just toned down plasma guns and Imperium does have railguns. Capital ship nova cannons use railgun technology. Imperium just has whole industry of perfectly capable anti-tank weapons in use, so there's not much need for a new one.

>> No.22662526

>>22662342
>but it's all old and no one knows how to innovate or use it properly anymore
The Imperium has breakthroughs, lower techpriests have a working knowledge of how their tech works and high level AdMech scientists are as good or better than the best xenos scientists
>>22662369
A single forge world has a greater industrial capacity than the entire Tau empire.

>> No.22662527

>>22662456
No, some fluff says that ancient eldar tech was better, as for necron tech, it's obviously the best.

>> No.22662545

>>22662526
>A single forge world has a greater industrial capacity than the entire Tau empire.
arguable, and it's not the point; the point is that the tau have a better base compared to their population.

>> No.22662628

>>22662527
Nope. 100% sure DAoT Tech is superior to anything.

>>22662408
Orks haven't mastered Warp travel.

Consider that.

>> No.22662632

>>22662545
Thats only because the Imperium has so many low tech worlds, you're using worlds that the Imperium has never tried to uplift as an example of their tech level, it's like using a Indian reservation as an example of America's tech level.
Imperial worlds that actually use Imperial tech blow Tau worlds out of the water.

>> No.22662637

>>22662628
you're wrong to be sure.

>> No.22662679

>>22662632
Not really, the base is the average, and the average is tanks, flack, and lasguns. VS tau's base of carapace, plasma pulse, and hover vehicles.

No one can top anything from the golden age (save maybe eldar and necrons) but the imperium's base is not that high

>> No.22662699

Tau have better production capability that's for sure

even the best forge worlds have a hard time making tactical dread armor, where as the Tau just shit them out (Broadsides)

As always there are some badass imperium shit that blows everything away. If the question is just better tech, then it's the imperium, if it's tech base it swings to Tau

if it's tech period, necrons

>> No.22662708

>>22662526
>high level AdMech scientists are as good or better than the best xenos scientists
Necrons would like a word with you

>> No.22662717

>>22662699
>implying the tau empire is even capable of producing a single termie armor.

>> No.22662724

>>22662699
Nope, it's not the Necrons.

The Necrons don't have Tech Marvels like Titans and the such.

>> No.22662735

>>22662717
It's capable of producing the equivalent in mass numbers.

>> No.22662744

>>22662724
No, they have much better. They have portable dimensions and a galaxy-destroying array.

>> No.22662750

>>22662724
No, they just have floating pyramids of rape that have a wormhole installed

But yeah a walking robot is more impressive then that. Right

>> No.22662758

>>22662679

The Imperium's manufacturing list is quantity over quality.

If the Imperium was half it's current size? All it would have is carapace armored soldiers with melta / plasma guns and Baneblades.

The Tau only get away with that shit because they are pathetically small.

>> No.22662762

>>22662708
Necron fluff says the Necron Science and Tech has stagnated and much of it is lost. Only few cabals of Necrons have baubles of Old Necron Tech.

They are the same position as the Tech Priests, but unlike the Tech priests they can't produce TITANS!

>> No.22662765

>>22662735
A broadside is not the equivalent of a termie armor. It's not meant to fulfill the same role, it doesn't pack the same technology, it doesn't have the same maneuverability, it doesn't have the same size, the same combat capabilities.

>> No.22662766

>>22662724
they do, big ass spiery things
also
>titans
>tech marvels
they are there for the looks of having giant humanoid machines breathing fire into the battlefield, the concept is quite impractical

>> No.22662787

>>22662679
>bullet proof clothing
>high energy weapons that can be recharged with light and/or heat
>tanks that run on anything combustible from grass to petroleum
>tanks that even tau find impressive, albeit not used to their fullest potential
>anti-grav technology, anti-grav technology everywhere from servo-skulls to grav-chutes and even crew operated heavy weapons (Munitorum Manual)
>iPads, iPads everywhere
>whole regiments clad in heavy armour
>low tech

Imperial technology is crude, yes, but effective non the less.

>> No.22662788

>>22662762
Or Death Stars, or fortresses that use stars as weapons.

Oh, wait, they totally can!

>> No.22662814

>>22662787
you forgot to add you can eat promethium and it will sustain your caloric needs

>> No.22662816

>>22662758
Not really. Since the IoM mistrusts technology it's hard to say what they'd do if they shrunk down. It's also very important to see what worlds live

If it shrunk down to mostly feral worlds, they would do no such thing, if mostly forge worlds they'd skip carapace and jump to power armor.

As for the tau, they're small, but there's never been any fluff of anyone being under equipped or anything like that. While they're worlds don't produce a forge world equivalent they seem to at least produce more then an industrial hive world.

Then again this is all speculation, we don't know, but i'm willing to bet they'd work on producing more then giving out worse gear. It's easy for them, because they actually all understand what they're using, unlike IoM where the magos knows, the low tech priest have an idea and the guardsmen using it doesn't know what the fuck.

>> No.22662819

>>22662766
For all their ''impractical'' awesomeness, they're PRACTICAL and one single of them can turn the tides of war in one sector or two!

>> No.22662834

>>22662765
Actually, yes. Even in the codex it's mentioned the IoM were deeply worried the Tau can produce, in their words, an equivalent of Terminator armor so easy.

>> No.22662858

>>22662765
Right. It is about the same size, it moves the same, and has better guns with better protection (going on deathwatch stats)

>> No.22662859

>>22662724
Crypt Stalker would like a word with you.

>> No.22662875

>>22662787
no doubt

>> No.22662877

>>22662819
yeah under 40k wonky view of reality, which is fine by me, just remember all those comic where some dudes use a fucking ladder to get inside a Warlord titan, fucking aces of technology the people who invented that, probably kids during the Dark Age of Tech played Beyblade with titans and is why the things even exist

>> No.22662890

>>22662679
The tau spend a lot of their resources to outfit their units with the best gear, the Imperium makes reliable gear that they can mass produce.
Both grunts serve different purposes, if you really want to compare their tech then compare the elites of both empires to each other.

>> No.22662902

>>22662834
then they're delusional, because a broadside is basically a one-man-operated artillery station that can walk. Basically a better Sentinel; it cannot slaughter genestealers in close combat, teleport, sustain its pilot for years without maintenance, manipulate objects, and all that.

>> No.22662908

>>22662890
also, people seems to forget the tau have disposable low tech troops in the form of kroot, who do not get much benefit out of Tau tech

>> No.22662910

>>22662890
So crisis suits vs a space marine.

If you look at the DW stats, that leans toward the suit

>> No.22662916

>>22662908
What are you talking about? all their guns are tau+kroot tech

>> No.22662933

>>22662858
It does not move the same, it can pretty much just walk and wiggle its arms and head, which is why battlesuit pilots are often unable to move right when they retire.

>> No.22662935

>>22662916
the guns of the shapers are, the grunts use their traditional kroot rifle

>> No.22662942

>>22662908

Kroot don't count, as only a tiny fraction of the species serve the Tau, the Kroot are a mercenary species and also work with the Imperium on multiple occasions, mostly on the fringe or backwater / off the beaten path sectors.

>> No.22662951

>>22662859
Retconed,

>>22662788
One single Relic that got smashed by the Imperials =/= Producing them by the dozen.

It was a one time event. As for the Titans they're everywhere!

>> No.22662954

>>22662699
Well, for one TDA armour is pretty fucking sweet. Broadside's got just 2+ save. TDA has 2+/5++. All from the armour. There's cases of titans stepping on them and them being ok and quite often the user dies before the armour is scrapped, so they just clean it up, fix the paint and off it goes to the next guy.

TDA are very hard to make and very few forge worlds, if any, have blueprints for them. All the while they put out tons of tanks, guns and munitions to keep the lines stocked at all times.

>> No.22662958

>>22662910
the suit is also incredibly bulkier and less agile.

>> No.22662973

>>22662908
Gue'vesa get shitty gear too.

>> No.22662979

>>22662951
Ten hundred titans aren't worth a weaponized star.

>> No.22662981

>>22662951
>Retconed

Where?

>> No.22662989

>>22662954
Mechanics should never be mixed with fluff.

>> No.22662990

>>22662951
>As for the Titans they're everywhere!
>entire sectors are sacrificed to preserve a titan or keep it from falling to chaos
>should even the plush dice accessory that goes by the princeps seat be hinted as of having been found on a planet the AdMech and Legions will spend untold resources to get to it
yeah, they are everywhere

>> No.22662997

>>22662935
Kroot guns are upgraded with pulse rounds.

>>22662942
Source on the tiny fraction thing.

>> No.22663002

>>22662981
instead of being titan-sized, the fluff now makes it sound like tomb stalkers are all trygon-sized.

>> No.22663005

>>22662935
With Tau munitions, though.

>> No.22663008

>>22662935
The 'traditional Kroot rifle' was redesigned by the Tau to make it a viable threat. Thing is about as deadly as a Bolter. Aren't Bolters grenade launchers?

>> No.22663009

>>22662997

One of the Tau codexes where it talks about the Kroot.

>> No.22663021

>>22663009
codices

>> No.22663032

>>22662979
One Space Marine Chapter is.

One Space Marine Chapter is worth less than a Titan.

>>22662981
That's piece of fluff as an oldcron era piece.

It's gone now with the rest of Oldcron crap.

>> No.22663044

>>22662989
Point is, it's nigh indestructible. That's very much in the fluff.

>> No.22663045

>>22662973
Nope, loyal Gue'vesa get good gear.

>> No.22663047

>>22662628
Necron tech is advanced enough to mock the laws of physics, and pre-Fall Eldar tech was close if not just as good.
DAoT humanity on the other hand mostly had the same tech as Imperium has now (all Imperial tech is based on STCs that are relics from that era), only they had more of the better stuff and actually knew how it worked (Titan Legions supported by Baneblades were a typical military force, and every soldier would have had power armour and non-overheating plasmaguns). Advanced, but not to the "bend the laws of physics backwards and rape them in the ass" level of Necrons and pre-Fall Eldar (both of which posessed the power to casually snuff out stars).

>> No.22663054

>>22663009
It's not a small fraction. But the Kroot are mercenary, and not all of them work solely for the Great Good.

This has been deemed acceptable, because Kroot need a wide array of genetic material to feed on. Limiting the Kroot to fighting only Tau approved targets would bring them to an evolutionary dead end. That's not something the Tau would ask of their allies.

>> No.22663060

>>22663021
GW uses "codexes", so there.

>> No.22663064

>>22662456
>The DAoT Tech blows the Tau, Eldar, and even the Necron Tech outta of the water.

This is what Imperialfags actually believe.

I will give you Tau, Maybe modern eldar (though before the fall and war in heaven Eldar blow DAoT away) but you will never be able to argue that it's better than Necron tech at any time in their history.

>> No.22663069

>>22663054
>That's not something the Tau would ask of their allies.
sterilization for humans and mind controls for vespids seems to contradict that, maybe the kroot simply are so widely spread the tau cannot keep them all in check

>> No.22663076

>>22662724
Instead they have treslyect labyrinths to put your titans in

Necrons and DAOT
/thread

>> No.22663078

>>22663002
Tomb Stalker is different from Crypt Stalker.

>>22663032
>That's piece of fluff as an oldcron era piece.

That's not how fluff works.

>> No.22663079

>>22663054
>That's not something the Tau would ask of their allies.
LOL! More like the Tau know they can't strongarm the Kroot.

>> No.22663093

>>22663064

Ah but you see the DAoT didn't require Ward to write it. It was there from the start, Shallow victory, but I'll claim it anyway.

>> No.22663095

>>22663076
>treslyect
wat

>> No.22663109

>>22663076
Your pokeballs won't work on Titans. That's silly.

They work on energy creatures and daemons!

>> No.22663114

>>22663095

I think it might be a drunken attempt at tesseract.

>> No.22663122

>>22663078
>That's not how fluff works.
'Everything is canon' isn't a fluff polity, its the lack of one.

>> No.22663124

I look forward to that glorious day where the legions of Chaos are finally crushed so that the Imperium can turn more than a fraction of its firepower towards the Tau and wipe them out for good.

If they could just face each threat one at a time, the Imperium could easily steamroll every enemy. It's this whole "war on a thousand fronts" thing that holds them back.

>> No.22663140

>>22662958
It's also carries up to 3 weapon systems, offers a additional Wound worth or armor, Jetpack, advanced targeting and stabilization systems for Acute senses and Relentless, hell they can take a shield generator for a 4+ unvil save, or a multi-targeter for two shooting attack per round.

They're not meant to balance around Power amor, not even Terminator.

>> No.22663150

>>22663109
They actually work on everything

Also a single scarab can spell the doom for a "god machine"

>> No.22663153

>>22663078
>That's not how fluff works.

Yes it does.

The Tomb whatever appeared in Medusa. Medusa was an Oldcron event WHERE THE DECEIVER WAS IN CHARGE!

Deal with it, it'w retconned like the Necron inertia engines. Hey this reminds me...the Imperial have actual FTL while the Necrons don't.

>> No.22663171

>>22663124
>If they could just face each threat one at a time, the Imperium could easily steamroll every enemy. It's this whole "war on a thousand fronts" thing that holds them back.
Yeah, it's what killed Germany in both World Wars.

>> No.22663182

>>22663153
>Hey this reminds me...the Imperial have actual FTL while the Necrons don't.

Dolmen gates and wormholes seem FTL

>> No.22663184

>>22663124
the same goes for all faction but the Deldar, who have no plan beside not die and keep partying, and the Tau, who are too small
also, the Tau seems to have an uncanny amount of plot armor, everything that gets thown their way is either fought by a bigger faction or was a small band of discontents, they have never fought a proper waaagh, a proper DE incursion, having a farseer fuck with them for something important or faced the focused wrath of ig or a chapter

>> No.22663185

>>22663122
How does your fluff model work? Because latest Codex: IG doesn't mention Gaunt he no longer exist in the universe? Neither does anything else that's not specifically mentioned in it. Sorry, Necron players, no pylons nor stalkers for ya, they don't exist in this awful, awful world anymore.

>> No.22663186

>>22663171
I think invading Russia in the bloody winter is what screwed them.

Never do that.

>> No.22663202

>>22663184
>proper Waaagh

War of Dakka. And I believe it's said the Tau method of fighting makes the Orks Waaagh withdraw from their space.

>> No.22663206

>>22663186

No, you just never invade Russia. You invade in summer and they hold the line until winter, or if they're bored pull back, burn everything and wait for winter at their next defence line.

And if you take Moscow they just burn it down to spite you while pissing themselves laughing.

>> No.22663210

>>22663182
Because beckons sold their soul to the devil to live forever and have epic tech, no more psykers( because that requires a soul and spirit)

>> No.22663219

>>22663202
i'm gonna need sauce on that

>> No.22663226

>>22663140
Terminator armour can have 3 systems (storm bolter, cyclonic missiles, power fist), shield generator (iron halo, storm shield), they're relentless stock and can fire storm bolter and CML the same turn.

>> No.22663230

>>22663210
necrontyr never had psykers to begin with

>> No.22663237

>>22663206
>No, you just never invade Russia

The mongols did successful crush russia under their horses heels and everyone else.

>> No.22663251

>>22663219
Latest Orkish Codex.

The War of Dakka section.

>> No.22663287

>>22663186
They blew right through Russia up until they tried to take their major cities and ended up fighting some of the biggest wars in history and even then the Soviets wouldn't have been able to launch a counter attack had America not been footing the bill.

>> No.22663299

>>22663251
Oppps need to correct myself. I didn't write my first post clear enough.

The War of Dakka is a major ''proper'' Waaagh between the Orks and the Tau. It's also one of the most successful one because other Ork Waaaghs get turned off by the Tau fighting tactics and leave.

>> No.22663300

Necrons defiantly have the best tech, but who's the most advanced after them? Dark eldar?

>> No.22663319

>>22663153
Medusa was Crons with someone in charge who claimed to be the Deceiver. In 5th ed. rulebook it was said some lords have custom bodies shaped in the form of Necrontyr gods. In the new codex the shards still retain parts of their individuality and their escape is a possibility, and I believe the codex does mention cases where Necron forces are reduced to mindless automatons under some power, like their computer systems.

Or does this mean all written fluff in codexes and so forth, released before Codex: Necrons, is now completely void and does not exist. So no world engine, no inertialess drive, none of those fleets and ships, no megaliths, none of those battles, where Imperium fought Necron forces ever happened, etc.?

>> No.22663322

>>22663202
What are you talking about? The Orks are kicking the Tau's asses in the War of Dakka, they've already taken a couple worlds.

>> No.22663336

>>22663182
C'tan knowhow which allowed them to hijack the Tech of others.

The Wormholes transport their warriors, but guess what? THEY NEED TO GET THE MONOLITHS TO THEIR TARGETS VIA SLOW ASS SHIPS. The Monoliths don't just appear out of nowhere and also they're not FTL.

>> No.22663341

>>22663237
Mongols broke every historical rule and trend. It's like saying "Nobody can lift over a thousand pounds." There's that one guy who can - but let's be honest. The rule still stands on account of it being just the one dude.

>> No.22663357

>>22663322
see
>>22663299

>> No.22663359

>>22663230
Psykers are a result of evolution it just takes time, terra didn't have psykers when they were cave men eh?

Also should I buy a land raider crusader or a necronbaytleforce I've already bought my booze

>> No.22663367

>>22663237

>The mongols did

They're the exception. If the Mongols wanted to make the moon pregnant it would have dick holes all over it by now. Bringing the Mongols into any historical issue is like bringing a flame thrower to rock, paper, scissors. Fun, but not fair.

>> No.22663388

>>22663336
Why don't Necrons just give Warriors those flight packs and some good weapons and use them for EVERYTHING? In space it wouldn't be massive fleets against one another, just swarms of warriors with powerful guns everywhere like the fucking Daleks or Mantrid drones or something.

>> No.22663399

Wait a second, they got rid of Necron Bergenholm drives? Thats lame.

>> No.22663416

>>22663359
>terra didn't have psykers when they were cave men
The Emperor says otherwise.

>> No.22663425

>>22663359
There's indications that humans were genetically altered by the Old Ones. After all, there weren't many psykers in the galaxy before the Old Ones started poking around and created shit like Slann, Eldar, etc.

>> No.22663433

>>22663416

All 10,000 of him.

>> No.22663446

>>22663319
>o no world engine, no inertialess drive, none of those fleets and ships, no megaliths, none of those battles, where Imperium fought Necron forces ever happened, etc.?

Everything not present in the Newcron Codex is void and irrelevant due to RETCON. The World Engine, The first Imperial fight with the Necrons, Damnos, it's all there in the Newcron Codex.

Inertia Engines, C'tan shenanigans, Pariahs, and whatever Oldcron harvesting doing whatever they do IS OUT AND GONE

>> No.22663462

>>22663388
Tradition and protocols of Honorable battle.

>> No.22663472

>>22663446
Go away Yaldabad

>> No.22663475

>>22663336

Fucking inertialess drives. That's as fucking the laws of physics as you can get. It pretty much means the only reason their ships aren't anywhere in the universe at any given point is because they don't want them to be.

>> No.22663514

>>22663388
>Mantrid drones

>> No.22663520

>>22663319
A couple of points: Medusa V happened after the 13th Black Crusade anyway (possibly even in M42, I can't remember). Starting from 5th edition, the timeline has been cut back so that it ends at the beginning of the 13th, and neither campaign's events have been referenced since. I imagine GW wants to forget they ever happened.

>world engine
A Ward creation, so probably written with Newcrons in mind, and it appears in the Newcron codex.

>no inertialess drive
The Necrons are "doomed to isolation" without the webway, so I guess?

>none of those fleets and ships
We know the Necrons still have ships, but how they work seems to have changed. For one thing they're slower, and they use shields now. I think the only vessel whose type has been specified so far is Imotekh's Tomb Ship Inevitable Conqueror; none of the other classes have been referred to.

>megaliths
A Newcron invention.

>none of those battles, where Imperium fought Necron forces ever happened, etc.?
I'm not sure. Sanctuary 101 appears in the current codex, but other major Oldcron events like Pavonis and the Mars raid have gone unmentioned.

>> No.22663571

>>22663388

Sometimes I feel alone in the void. Then I happen to be on /tg/ when a fellow anon references Lexx.

>> No.22663577

>>22662342
The Imperium/AdMech has 'phased plasma rifles' FFS.

>> No.22663588

>>22662444
Not if some of those lost worlds are forgeworlds or hiveworlds. Losing planets is not a good thing for the IoM

>> No.22663598

>>22663588
Then why are they blowing them up left and right?

>> No.22663612

>>22662271
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-450394-tau-piece-of-trash-race-in-40k.html

>> No.22663617

>>22662787
Bulletproof clothing exists IRL

>> No.22663633

>>22662271
Imperium. Though the Imperium also has areas where there is no advanced technology, like wild or feudal worlds

>> No.22663645

>>22663612
Why is it posted on a movie site?

>> No.22663659

>>22663588
The Imperium loses worlds to accountants making rounding errors.

>> No.22663662

>>22662408
>or why ork firearms, which should fall apart after a few magazines' worth of rounds at the absolute most, are able to be used by orks to such great effect.

Cain's Heroes made use of ork firearms and vehicles to great effect.

>> No.22663711

>>22663662
Another example why Cain books are to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Admech and Tau reviewed Orkish weapons and tried to use them and they saw the weapons and trekks fall apart in non-Orkish hands.

Anzon theorem explains this in detail.

>> No.22663763

>>22663711

>However, as disturbing as it sounds, these ‘facts’ become true. Red Ork vehicles do travel perceptibly faster than those of other colours, even when all other design aspects are nominally the same. Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork. I believe this is linked to the strong psychic aura surrounding all Orkoids and have developed the Anzion Theorem of Orkoid Mechamorphic Resonant Kinetics. I theorise that many Ork inventions work because the Orks themselves think that they should work. The strong telekinetic abilities of the Orks’ subconscious somehow ensure that the machinery or weaponry functions as desired.

>Similarly, many captured Ork weapons and items of equipment should not work, and indeed do not work unless wielded by an Ork.

"Many" is not "all".

>> No.22663782

>>22663711
>>22663763
Maybe you guys just don't love the Emperor as much as Cain

>> No.22663839

>>22663782
Admittedly, if the emperor is looking out for anyone, it's Cain.

>> No.22663848

>>22663782
Why would I want to love a corpse?

>> No.22663861

>>22662271
At the top tier of their tech? The Imperium.
That being said, Tau upper-tier tech is still going places and far more widely distributed.

>> No.22663878

>>22663839
Speaking of Cain, I want to hear more about the golden power armour of Amberle.

It seemed a bit prone to breaking down, but got the 'Nids on the rape train quick enough

>> No.22663912

>>22663446
So, because Codex: IG doesn't mention Last Chancers, Praetorians or about non of the Regiments from the previous two codexes, or any of the novels, they don't exist? And anything related to those doesn't exist either. So goodbye Munitorum Manual, you are no longer canon because you make reference to things that no longer exist.

>>22663520
>The Necrons are "doomed to isolation" without the webway

Which is funny when the codex itself gives plenty of cases of Necron travelling wast distances fast without the webway. Possibly the webway is the only VIABLE FTL but not the ONLY FTL available. Maybe it's like rowing/swimming across an ocean vs. having a sail boat.

>We know the Necrons still have ships

Yes, but none of those in fluff before the codex. Pack your fleets, BFGcrons, you no longer exist.

>megaliths

Sorry, meant Obelisk. Megalith is in the codex, but Obelisk isn't.

>> No.22663973

Anything Tau can do the Imperium can do better.

>> No.22664019

>>22663912
>Which is funny when the codex itself gives plenty of cases of Necron travelling wast distances fast without the webway. Possibly the webway is the only VIABLE FTL but not the ONLY FTL available. Maybe it's like rowing/swimming across an ocean vs. having a sail boat.

Lies! Isolation is all you got.

>Yes, but none of those in fluff before the codex. Pack your fleets, BFGcrons, you no longer exist.

BFG hasn't been updated for years and doesn't match the current fluff.

>> No.22664076

>>22662271
On the topic of OP's pic, has anyone had any firsthand experience with using Zealot bits to "upgrade" tau minis? Mostly it's the 30mm scale and the question of shipping costs that's hanging me up.

>> No.22664096

>>22663912
>So, because Codex: IG doesn't mention Last Chancers, Praetorians or about non of the Regiments from the previous two codexes, or any of the novels, they don't exist? And anything related to those doesn't exist either. So goodbye Munitorum Manual, you are no longer canon because you make reference to things that no longer exist.

The IG Codex hasn't been grounds of a massive retcon that puts everything that came before it in question.

>> No.22664170

>>22664096
I mean if the New IG Codex says the Guardsmen are armed with Las-Bolters and all have power armor as their average equipment and also aren't cannon fodde and this has been true since forever, then the older mentions and fluff of the Guardsmen are put into question and their relevance in any discussion about the new IG is null.

>> No.22664283

>>22664019
>Lies!
>ibetchaosdidthis.jpg

>BFG doesn't match the current fluff.

Such as?

>>22664096
Most of Necron fluff before 5e was from non-Necron perspective. Imperial musings, theories, etc. So you meet a dude who tells you he's the Deceiver? Seem legit. I know a real life princess. He lives near some rail tracks.

Only thing in question are Imperial sources.


Oh, I got a nice one: In Codex: Daemons of Chaos it says that Chaos has always existed. This means Chaos existed during War in Heaven, The Fall, etc. And that the Emperor was not born because Chaos was coming, since Chaos was already there. EVERYTHING before Codex: Chaos Daemons if null and void.

>> No.22664345

>>22664170
"We've always been at war with Eastasia"

>> No.22664359

Imperium has higher tech, but it is scattered, ancient, and mysterious. On average, the tau have better tech.
It's like, take all the possessions of ten billion citizens of each, at random. The Tau citizens will all have similar tech-level equipment, distributed evenly. Even an assimilated-xeno earth-cast farmer is using the most advanced equipment available to grow food for the greater good.

In a random imperial sample, you've got a wild statistical variation. It might include a feudal world warlord whose two most advanced possessions are a chainmail hauberk, and a archaeotech digi-teleporter with a range measured in hundreds of kilometers, but he only knows that it's a magic ring that takes him to distant lands. It might also include a suburban housewife whose standard of living is precisely in line with the average 1980's home, a tech priest whose body is 80% converted, and an under city ganger wearing fabrics made out of woven carbon nano tubes and using a rusty knife to mug people.

>> No.22664366

>>22664283
ah chaos existed since before the war in heaven, this has always been the case
all of the chaos gods existed at that time save for dickgirlboypussy
emprah was born because the shamans predicted a change in the warp, a change that would prevent their reincarnation and only by merging would they be able to protect their people from the things to come
the nature of the change in the warp is not specified

>> No.22664449

>>22664366
Birth of the Emperor, because self-fulfillig prophecies are the best kind.

>> No.22664459

>>22664283
>Most of Necron fluff before 5e was from non-Necron perspective. Imperial musings, theories, etc. So you meet a dude who tells you he's the Deceiver? Seem legit. I know a real life princess. He lives near some rail tracks.

Good thing the Omniscient Narrator was there to fill the gaps and tell us about the core Necron fluff and their backstory.

>Oh, I got a nice one: In Codex: Daemons of Chaos it says that Chaos has always existed. This means Chaos existed during War in Heaven, The Fall, etc. And that the Emperor was not born because Chaos was coming, since Chaos was already there. EVERYTHING before Codex: Chaos Daemons if null and void.

The Warp is a place where time and space has no meaning, this had been known about the Warp for years. If something existed in the Warp then it exists for all time. It's explained in the Daemon Codex with the birth of Slaanesh section.

Short answer is, CHAOS I AIN'T GOT TO EXPLAIN NOTHING.

>Such as?
Harvester Fleets and Inertia Engines to name a few.

Another thing, I already explained that the Wormholes thing doesn't magically help the Necrons with their Isolation thing since THE MONOLITHS NEED TO BE TRANSPORTED VIA SHIPS which are slow.

>> No.22664496

>>22663763
If many orks slap machine and metal bits together you're bound to at some points get actual working machinery.
The orks psyche has no effect on said machinery but the orks wouldn't notice

>> No.22664595

>>22663782
Cain lusts over Xeno women and hates religion.

I don't think he loves the Emperor much.

>> No.22664644

>>22664595
the emperor would chill with him and if Cain ever met a conscious and active Emperor i bet they would go on philandering adventures together

>> No.22664690

>>22664366
Says pretty clearly in Lost and the Damned that the rise of the Chaos gods was the reason for it all. And that Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle woke long after humanity had began to rule the planet.

But with Codex: CD Chaos gods have existed forever, which makes their birth being the trigger for Emperor's creation void. Funny still, the codex also says the gods were born of mortal minds, which would mean mortals with the capacity to affect the warp have also existed since forever, because how can something material give rise to something immaterial, when the immaterial should have existed forever?

>> No.22664995

>>22664644
Pre-Heresy Emperor would fuck Cain over because the Emprah was a dick. Post-Heresy God-Emperor would smite Cain because the belief of quadrillions has turned him into a different person.

>> No.22664996

>>22664076
So the question repeats: has anyone been so far as to from Zealot having been made the heretical sexytimes Tau with the extra bits that don't look like they've been brutalized with a crowbar?

>> No.22665035

>>22663878
it was TDA., if I recall correctly.

>> No.22665075

>>22664345
One standard-issue internet for you, sir.

c:standard

>> No.22665088

>>22663848
>implying he didn't fake his death to finally get people to stop fucking calling him up for service
>implying he doesn't live with Amberly and isn't helping her out with the archives

>> No.22665127

>>22664690

The explanation for that, from what I was told on /tg/, is that time doesn't exist in the Warp or at least works differently. So the Chaos gods came into existence at a specific time as viewed from realspace, but within the Warp, if they exist at one point then they exist at all points and have existed at all points always. So while their origin is at a specific point in realspace, their existence stretches infinitely within the Warp, and as the Warp has always existed, the Gods thus also always existed.

>> No.22665144

>>22665088
>mfw Emprah lives with Amberly
>i have no face

>> No.22665211

Imperium theoretically has better technology, but never fucking uses any of it and has a fucking retarded R&D system. Tau theoretically are slightly behind, but they actually put all their advanced technology to use and have pretty much the only well-organized R&D programs in the galaxy. Give them 1000 years, and assuming no major incidents the Tau will have a massive technological advantage over IoM and possibly a few other factions.

>> No.22665524

>>22665127
Kaldor Draigo exists at all points in time?

>> No.22665557

>>22665127
But then how could people travel the warp, use warp powers, etc. freely if daemons and gods were after their souls within it? How can the gods have been given form in the warp, if they've always existed? At some point in the existence of the warp it must have been calm for them to be born.

I'm reminded of the spiritual realm in Soul Reaver, where time had never existed and physical objects hover in the air, not moving. Yet if I move a box in the material realm and enter the spiritual realm, the box has moved. But I thought stuff didn't move in the spiritual realm? And if I visit some temple in the past and come to the future to the temple ruins, the temple is intact in one time and ruins in another. And there must have been a time when there was no temple and somebody built it.

Elder being/Chaos god bullshit if you ask me.

>> No.22665570

>>22665211
>never fucking uses any of it
lol.

>> No.22665623

>>22665557
I'm sorry but you seem to be expecting logic from the warp. That is your first mistake.

Look at it this way, the Eldar created Slaanesh with their immense orgies. They literally orgied a god into creation within the warp. But the moment they did this, he always existed, and always had existed.

It's the warp, it has less requirements of 'making sense' than the actions of a Wizard.

>> No.22665647

>>22665211
Mentors, for one, do nothing but test the latest shit.

>> No.22665721

>>22665623
But if Chaos has existed forever from the moment it came to life, why haven't they rewritten the history by being around during War in Heaven? Why haven't Slaanesh gone back to the original orgies and eaten all the Eldar this time? Or does it require a real world catalyst? So if I travel back in time to the War in Heaven, then they will have existed there as well and now the whole universe is fucked because Chaos everywhere, man.

Why does Chaos get a free pass but everything else has to adhere to ze fluff nazi's bullshit fluff rules?

>> No.22665746

>>22665570
But it's true. 99% of the army is limited to lasers and kevlar (you didn't really think all those specops units are the norm, did you?). Marines are a little better, but that's only a handful of small units spread out over thousands of battles.

>> No.22665753

>>22665721
>why not logic?
>why not logic?
>why not logic?
BECAUSE CHAOS. NOT LOGIC.

>> No.22665762

>>22665524
In the 6th edition rulebook, there's a battle featuring a demi-Brotherhood of Grey Knights led by Castellan Crowe attacking a starfort overrun by daemons. At the climax, this happens:

>The daemonic legions were bolstered by perhaps the greatest sorcerer in existence, as the twin-headed Kairos Fateweaver rained eldritch lightning down on the Grey Knights from the central control tower. Against his withering offensive, even those mightiest heroes of the Imperium fell in their droves. With the Grey Knights’ advance looking as though it might falter, all eyes turned to behold a hero, plucked straight from legend, stride forth to meet the gigantic champion of Tzeentch in a blistering clash of weapons, physical and mental. Battered and scarred by the psychic duel, Kaldor Draigo banished Kairos with a righteous thrust of his fabled Titansword.

This event occurred in 933.M41. Draigo disappeared into the Warp in 999.M41.

>> No.22665871

>>22665753
Well, with that logic Oldcron fluff is perfectly usable too, since tech magic, bitches, I ain't gotta explain shit.

>> No.22665956

>>22665762
I can't wait for him to appear during The Fall and fighting off daemons and maybe saving Eldrad in the process. He'll also goes to the War in Heaven and is mistaken for a Necron lord, maybe fight Khaine a bit. Also, pic related.

>> No.22665991

Lasgun = AK-47
Pulse Rifle = M4

>> No.22666036

>>22665991
>dat machine spirit

>> No.22666064

>>22665991
>AK-feel comic
Sauce?

>> No.22666089

>>22665991
>Pulse Rifle = L85A1
FIFY
*JAM*

>> No.22666601

>>22662628
Ork Warp travel involves flying blindly through the warp and murdering the fuck out of daemons trying to murder them until they come screaming out of the warp to crash fist first into whatever planet they came to krump.

If you think the orks want it any other way, you dont even begin to understand orks.

>> No.22666666

>>22666601
It's noted that this is the reason why Orks can never unite and why they pose little galactic scale threat to the others.

If Ghazzy and other Warbosses wants to rule the galaxy, they must find a better way to travel around.

>> No.22666726

>>22664996
Come on, someone has to have tried working some Zealot femtau into some GW armor. I'd rather not spend too much dosh on something I'm going to end up hating.

>> No.22666804

>>22666666
The way they travel around, is an old 2e copy-pasta committed by Kelly. In gothic, the Ork raiding fleet can (and do) travel around without space hulks. In fact, you can run an Ork fleet in a campaign, and you can opt to not even use any spacehulks for your fleet's base of operations (though they are an option). This means your base (possibly a hulk) can be 3 systems away from where you fleet is engaged.

>> No.22666826

>>22666601
>If you think the orks want it any other way, you dont even begin to understand GW's derpy fluff.
FTFY

>> No.22667054

>>22665871
It was useable. It was just boring as fuck.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action