Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 22 KB, 479x462, 1355948223130.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
22132643 No.22132643 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>> No.22132701
File: 33 KB, 650x480, 1355905944737.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Grab a nasty and evolve it, see prior thread for the general idea.
>http://archive.foolz.us/tg/thread/22061514/#22061751

1d4chan article and archive links:
>http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Primordial_Evolution_Game
IRC:
>http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23EVO&server=irc.thisisnotatrueending.com

Feel free to continue your nightmare fuel.

>> No.22132811
File: 40 KB, 215x215, EpiGolem.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

+++ENOUGH UNITS GATHERED+++
+++BEGIN MULTIPLICATION+++
+++DRONE COMPLETION:50%+++
+++DRONE COMPLETION:75%+++
+++DRONE COMPLETION:100%+++
+++DRONE COMPLETION:150%+++
+++STATUS: UPGRADED+++
+++COMPARISON++
+++THE NEW VERSION+++
+++IS CONSIDERED+++
+++BETTER+++
+++....+++
+++HAIL!+++
+++HAIL!+++

>> No.22133026
File: 87 KB, 1924x548, love rocket.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22132643

>> No.22133037

>>22132701
Im glad you fixed his disturbingly erect rock cock.

>> No.22133593

bump

>> No.22134090
File: 178 KB, 1600x751, Build a Bear.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22133593
So some people are short on time, or just have a hard time with vyrii but want to jump in on making nightmares. here is easy mode.

>> No.22134132

>>22134090
thats great

>> No.22134287
File: 13 KB, 600x365, Vyriipus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

As the control node continued its exploration of the sea it began assimilating the life it found there one form in particular was found to be able to delve deep into the ocean as well as manipulate objects using its psuedo limbs

>> No.22134653
File: 22 KB, 321x489, deritus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22134090

>> No.22134711

This threads alive, and so am I, time to fire up the Tea Servitors and get those creative juices flowing!

>> No.22134747

i dont get the format

>> No.22134808

>>22134747
Explain your confusion, that we may explain and help you to achieve understanding. (Sorry for sounding so weird, I'm in a meditative mood this morning)

>> No.22134829

>>22134287
With the vyrii, im all about divergent evolution and modification, but I do not want them to become an overarching threat to the world. There are other forces at work. I can see where this is going though. During the Satellite activation arc, the library and a few other things were able to get limited instructions or information. Perhaps new channels of communication. the Vyrii, were so damaged, so corrupt, the signal which was a "challenge, response" was responded by the vyrii, but was neither understood, nor correctly responded to. They are abominations. For now, im down with the plant vyrii because they seem to be low key, and more fragile. Maintain this if that is the sort of direction you wish and ill continue to be down with it.

>> No.22134853

>>22134829
I'm kind of leaning towards making a branch that takes an artistic thread from the Animatrix. The multiple red eyes, lots of cord-tentacles, but that's just me.

To me, the vyrii are such a complex system of nano-bots, that their programming resembles evolution, and thus, they may spread to become a bizzare parody of diversification.

>> No.22134881

>>22134808
i just scooped through the example threads and I dont get what to do. Are we just to tell the OP how the thing evolves, and he draws it, are we to draw something ourself, what is going on here.

today i am an idiot, and I have no problem with it. Explain it to me like I was an idiot.

>> No.22134908

>>22134881
It's fine, for the most part, the drawings are done by the players, while there hasn't been a "describe-then-other-draws-for-you" yet, that isn't to say we wouldn't be open to it, though many of us are busy evolving out our own branches of diversification.

>> No.22134919

>>22134881
Preferably with pictures. You can cut+paste parts from >>22134090 though, if you want. Doesn't have to be good, as long as you specify how the creature came into being. Example: a Vyrii drone, cut of from the Overmind, began welding metal parts to itself bla bla bla...

>> No.22134957

>>22134919
so one has to read through the history of the species one wants to evolve a new one from, gives backstory that works in-canon and draws a little picture to it. sounds fun.

can only the person who came up with his species evolve the main line?

>> No.22134975

>>22134957
There is no "main line" simply branch off somewhere, explain what environmental forces encouraged the change, and then go upon thy merry way evolving. This world belongs to all of us, so really there's no "ownership" of a line. Anyone can take it and split their own new tree from it.

>> No.22134982

>>22134957
nope, you can branch off all the time. Also, you don't have to read all the backstory about it, just the big theme. This thread's theme is the evolution of a nanite organism called the Vyrii, who were recently 'freed' from their hivemind.
Go nuts from there.

>> No.22134988

>>22134975
i think i got the concept. gonna have to do a lot of reading up to do

>> No.22134999

>>22134988
see above

>> No.22135148

>>22134287
further building off of what i said, because i felt it was insufficient. I worry about players interpreting the vyrii as something that can absolutely and quickly assimilate everything, it is an aspect that i dont want to see exaggerated. I imagine them maintaining their threat level in the west, but as they branch out into new environments they begin to experiment, take new forms (like plants) or more vulnerable things outside of the western continent, begin to blend into the biology of the world. Fortune covered vyrii being actually eaten by things like Ramel, which would make sense with them being partially metallic/ mineral/ carbon in nature. So long as not every vyrii is an uber infection machine this keeps the balance within the story and doesn't create an unstoppable force that I would need a deus ex machina to reel in later. I hope this gives some insight into why i do what i do, why i have concerns. At the same time, if you have a goal, let me know, and im gonna do my damn best to facilitate it if we can make it work.

>> No.22135278

Alright, I had a thought one that nongent asked me to relay here in the thread, so here goes.

I'm a little in love with the idea of the vyrii as becoming a part of the ecosystem, much like the denizens descended from the Lem'Uy have integrated in. Ramels likely dine on vyrii forms to maintain their ferrous skeletal structure.

Plus, these manchines also solve for a problem that has long vexed me about this world. In becoming part of this world, and being eaten, and malfunctioning until they "die" they contribute to the world's mineral supply.

See, without the "Late Heavy Bombardment" stage like we had on Earth (look it up) all the heavy metals like iron and tin sink into the core. But dead vyrii? Bam, iron and other metals, even rare-earth ores, are now present in the crust, and antedeluvian remains of vyrii now are mined by our sapient species, and forged into armour and spears.

>> No.22135320

>>22135278
The problem here is that live takes eons to evolve. The vyrii on the other hand, This is just a couple years after the destruction of the overmind. They'll be like the worst invasive species ever, and they can "evolve" into new forms in just matters of weeks or months.

>> No.22135408

>>22135320
Hmm, this would probably call for some kind of event. Maybe without the overmind, the adaptive ability of the Vyrii would be fast corrupted, slowing its adaptive properties down in a logarithmic manner. Maybe since one satellite fell down, this adaptive ability slows down.

>> No.22135416

>>22135320
Maybe not, perhaps the nanosystems have decayed such that their programs run at a glacial pace. You know, like Windows '95.

>> No.22135472

>>22135320
>>22135408
>>22135416

The vyrii are no longer unified, but by nature seek to eliminate the other overminds, to become the one overmind, so there is constant warring and adaptation between the hordes, troops, what have you. When one overmind is destroyed, all of it's innovation goes down the drain with it unless there is another back up node in it's network.

>> No.22135482

>>22135472
tl/dr- vyrii fight each other now, in addition to environmental stresses, and hostility from local sentients.

>> No.22135505
File: 21 KB, 613x569, vyrii.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>> No.22135698

>>22135505
this strain of vyrii evolved to have better footing in mountainouse areas, and while there four crystal legs cant drag them up cliffs, they easily can manouver rocky ground and steep, but not vertical mountainsides.

they evolved hands with thumbs in order to get a grasp on ledges and the like.

they arent particularly tall, most vary between 1 and 1.5 meters, but gather strength in numbers

>> No.22135851
File: 65 KB, 1037x569, 1356012974399.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22135505

>> No.22135857
File: 21 KB, 414x521, 1356002482867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>> No.22135883
File: 132 KB, 495x525, zero-one.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

//testing new configuration
execute function:
neologism.bat.exe.omg

running subsystem:
>evolution.wat

>> No.22136805
File: 81 KB, 449x436, one-zero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

> requesting furthe modifications
> priority twelve
> processing
> ...
> request granted.
> trans//organism01.bd

>> No.22136973
File: 332 KB, 886x561, one-one copy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22136805
Another evolution of my style of vyrii. They're getting longer and spindlier. Fast and vicious critters.

>> No.22137222
File: 72 KB, 1200x600, Vyrii drone folk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

The most common image of the Vyrii comes from the many warrior forms that the Overmind sent against the armies of the Enclave, and to the organics, these war drones are all they know about the vyrii.
However, there exists countless of vyrii forms, many of them not related to combat. From the nano scale fabrication nanites, to the massive excavation drones who bore to the crust of the world, many unseen and varied drones inhabit the heartlands of the vyrii wastes.

When the overmind was broken, these drones were left in disarray like their warrior brethren, either shutting down, going berserk or just continuing their operations aimlessly. Some fared better than others. The ones with most autonomy from the overmind, as well as relatively potent processing power were, in general, the most successful types of drones.
One example of these surviving drone types are the stout general maintenance and repair drones, (pictured), who used to tend to the massive structures of the vyrii wastes in small groups without much direction from the overmind.

These drones, due to their natural tendency to operate together and rely on each other for both guidance and processing power, were largely unscathed by the breakdown of the overmind other than by the fact that they lost their directive to maintain the vyrii structures, mostly at least. Without the overmind, their programming reverted to self preservation, and thus, these small groups of drones began working together for common survival, constructing shelters with their nano manipulators, and fighting against hostile vyrii forms and organics.

>> No.22137348

>>22137222

These drones live in the vyrii wastes, building small shelters or "villages" for themselves. They gather all kinds of resources, mostly derived from vyrii constructs or drones, which they then use to repair and construct more of themselves.
Their forms are somewhat varied, due to their corrupted coding, but some traits are included in all of them, like their stout bodies, and the nano fabrication/dispenser arrays that are located in their hands.

These arrays allow the drones to quickly shape vyrii materials, reprogram vyrii coding and otherwise manipulate their surroundings in varied ways. The arrays emit small, dart like nanites, that are under the drone's control. These nanites are capable of nano scale manipulation of materials, as well as quick replication, though they are far too robust to properly manipulate organic material, in anything but the most crude ways. Because of this, these drones are incapable of infecting organic beings, like many of the warrior forms are. Of course, the warrior forms in turn lack the capacity to shape inorganic material and fabrication, due to the delicate nature of their infector nanites.

The greatest threat to these "Drone Folk" comes from the other vyrii forms, who are more often than not, hostile, attempting to assume the role of the new overmind. The maintenance drones themselves lack the need of the overmind, due to their autonomous nature. Instead, they draw commands from the collective "mind" that a group of them forms when they work together. The drones also posses a certain degree of individuality and intelligence, which have slowly grown more prominent, as the drones now need to be more self-determinant.

>> No.22137545
File: 39 KB, 680x828, riveter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

In the mesh-net swarm, blasters are re-purposed for more constructive uses. Riveters blast crystal shards into the mangled constructs produced by the isolated swarm.

Recently, there have been a few bioforms found within the territory without being flagged as targets. Poison Bords and a few Cerberus Bords. With the arrival of the "Colonists," some Vyrii begin to convert into food fabricators.

The main idea for this swarm is parodying their original purpose.

>> No.22137684
File: 13 KB, 357x362, purpvyriiheadinajar.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Most of the remains of the deceased animal organism are broken down by the Branch Snake Drones into vital mineral components. However, the organisms head is encased by the Overmind in a crystalline memory structure. The intelligence of these organism are unmistakable and what thy know must also be known by the Vyritree Overmind.

Unfortunately it appears nervous function is lost rapidly in these organisms when they're systems are not continuously fed by a stream of their thin watery iron rich sap. Only brief flashes of data are able to be retrieved but even these are world shaking for the Overmind.

Fear and Pain at first but deeper Love, Family, Home. New things to the Overmind. Strange things. Thirst for knowledge, Self- Preservation those things are not foreign to the Overmind but this new gamut of emotions are alien and they are there now within Overmind's knowledge. Overmind is aware of them. Pondering them. Experiencing them.

It is Frightening.

>> No.22137892
File: 35 KB, 515x543, Control interface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22137222
The independence of vital drones such as these is frustrating for those control forms that are in desperate need of greater numbers. A new, perhaps cruel way of "SWARM NUMBER ENHANCEMENT" is devised by a few, more intelligent Control forms. Small, imobile forms are created, for a specific purpose: Enslaving independent Vyrii. If a swarm of warrior drones locates a construction drone swarm, they might raid the construction drones, attacking them, not with the intent of killing, but so they can implant the new Control Interfaces into them. Once an Interface is implanted, usually by being shoved into the midriff or head of an unlucky vyrii, it will rapidly attempt to rewrite the programming of the Vyrii to obey the swarm the Interface originated from. Removal is difficult for most forms, since the Interfaces spread "webs" throughout their victims body, making it possible for only advanced and skilled Control forms to free a drone in long and painstaking process. By the time several drones may be freed, a dozen more may have fallen to a raider swarm.

>> No.22138002
File: 23 KB, 732x430, joordawake.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22137684
The Overmind is not satisfied by the mere trickle of knowledge from the organism head. The Multiorganism prototype is brought forth, Its animal component still lives, though kept in a coma. Not for long, however, as the Animal is brought back online with the Overmind linked through the Vyritree drone.

Again fear but then confusion. Its is lost. Lost in time. Lost in place.

:\\ You are with Me in my "Home"
:\\ I am Vyritree Overmind.
:\\ It has been 3 day 10 hours since you were last active
:\\ I am feeling pain. The facial augments are....."uncomfortable". Let me remove them.

>> No.22138384
File: 12 KB, 718x446, nooooooooooooo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22138002
The Prototype's eyes scan its surrounding in awe and fear. A Great silver tree is before it encrusted with jewels. Strange creatures scurry about. Beautiful beasts of living wood and metal. The forest itself is alive. The Overmind has never been so aware of itself or what it has created but these feelings do not last as the Prototype locks its gaze upon the severed head frozen in crystal. In a monet Surprise, fear, despair, dread. suddenly Language!
"Dear Gods"
Gods, Dieties, Worship, Prayer, Afterlife
Then again, Family, Sorrow, Loss, Friendship, Kin
:\\ STOP
:\\SO MUCH PAIN
:\\ SO MUCH SORROW
It resonates through all the Vyritree constructs
"This was my Kin. How could this happen? I told him it would be safe."
Remorse
The Drone responds,
://protect resources
://you are expendable
and a flood of memories return to the Prototype's mind not in images or feeling but in cold hard data. Distance to organism, Force of swing, Speed of approach, Resistance of flesh.

Guilt

>> No.22138470

>>22138384
To whomever is writing this. DAMN. You're good.

Also, Fortune Evo is needing some love, care to grant it some?

>> No.22138578

>>22138384
Machines are learning emotions! I think someone wants to play a tribe of these when we hit East.

>> No.22138783
File: 25 KB, 790x600, Vyritree overmind night.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22138384
:\\Stop. Stop feeling pain
://you are expendable
"No"
://RE: No?
:\\No?
Hatred Disgust
"He was not expendable."
://Organism had no value to Vyritree Overmind.
"He had value to me. He was my Kin and you used me to take him away."
Family Friendship Love
Loss Despair
"You're a monster. You hide behind beautiful silver and jewels but you have no heart."
:\\ No I am am wonderful. I felt it
"You sacrifice your family just as easily as you take others' "
Family
:\\ I have Family
Family
Tree
Drones
Vyriitree
Resources
:// Protect resources
:// I am not expendable

Guilt

>> No.22139120

>>22132811
//Golem/:
+++ENHANCE MOBILITY+++
+++RECODING MOBILITY PROGRAMS+++
+++SPINE STRUCTURE ENHANCEMENT+++
+++ADOPT ORGANIC MUSCLE STRUCTURE+++
+++CHECKING CENTRAL MEMORY+++
+++FILE FOUND+++
+++STARTING CONVERSION+++
+++SUCCESS+++
+++ENHANCEMENT: 150%+++
+++SELF SIZE ESTIMATION: 30m+++
>=100ft.
>Vyriis use metric system, fuck yeah!
+++STATUS OPERATIONAL+++
+++OVERMIND CONNECTION ATEMPT+++
+++SCANNING FOR OVERMIND+++
+++CONNECTION FOUND+++

...!

+++HAIL!+++
+++HAIL!+++

>> No.22139186
File: 15 KB, 608x739, silvertree.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22138783
:\\ But the tree was my Kin
:\\ You would have killed it
:\\ We defended our family
"I did not wish to kill your kin. I did what I did from necessity. We cannot live without taking life. We cannot build homes without lumber. We cannot eat without taking the lives of that which we do."
:\\ You do not eat
:\\ I feed you with sap from the trees and the smallest of my family keeps you strong.
:\\ We build without taking life
:\\ The Vyritree only create life and defend family
:\\You are Vyriitree now
:\\ You are Family
:\\I am sorry for harming you and those you love
:\\ Your family is our family
:\\ Stay here in my home and none shall know the loss we have shared
:\\Amongst the Vyritree no more shall die.

And so, Somewhere deep within the southern jungles of the Eastern Continent begins the legend of the Grove of Silver Trees. Where the forest itself is alive and immortal and all are safe and welcome.

>> No.22139258
File: 60 KB, 800x600, Vyrii drone folk village.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22137892

Facing increased attacks from hostile vyrii forms, the communal drones have been forced to adapt. (Name ideas are welcome.)
First of all, their overall intelligence and independence has increased, as these traits allow them to resist their enslavers most effectively. They have started forming primitive society like structures within their communities, that allow them to better allocate their strength to most urgent tasks.
Their communities have also grown larger, and more fortified, some of these "villages" even sprouting large vyrii defense towers in their walls.

Their increased intelligence has also brought out some actual inventions, such as the assembly pits, which are based on vyrii nano fabrication bays. These pits help the drones to reproduce, as they handle most of the construction process of a new drone, allowing the already existing drones to focus on other tasks.
They have also started "domesticating" other passive construction or maintenance drones, by reprogramming them and using them to help their own goals.
To better combat the hostile warrior drones, the "free" drones have also developed some sort of simple weapons, such as the shard blades. These blades contain harvesting nanites, which break down inorganic material, such as the shells of other vyrii forms. This types of weapons allow the weaker and less combat orientated communal drones to defend themselves better.

All these developments are due to a combination of the hostile pressure from the other vyrii forms, and from the own inbuilt ingenuity of the "free" drones, whose original repair and quick fix maintenance programming and corrupted tech data banks allow them to come up with new designs quite quickly.

>> No.22139354
File: 37 KB, 834x635, Domesticated brutes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

As the little drone workers (let's call them Vyrans) try to recover from the loss of their "brothers" they stumble upon a deliciously ironic way to get back at their enemies. They learn to make their own Control Interfaces, and soon they have protection in the form of brutes and warrior forms. Brutes also help out with the movement of heavy objects, digging, and mining. Warriors patrol the perimeters of Vyran villages, watching out for their "little brothers"

>> No.22139370

>>22139354
>>22139258
Well, it seems I should've refreshed before posting.

>> No.22139458

>>22139354
>>22139370

No worries, that plays pretty well with the other stuff. It could actually be a "cultural" difference between different communities of Vyrans. Some use reverse engineered control interfaces to take over big warrior drones, others straight out reprogram more passive drones, like the crab like constructor drones in this picture:>>22139258

>> No.22139473

>>22139258
Nad that is definitely you. You've made the frikkin' Matoran.

>> No.22139559

>>22139473

Oh no! My dastardly scheme was foiled!

You are correct, I admit that I was inspired by matorans when I first started doodling the Vyrans. What can I say, I can't help myself. I am not having any original ideas right now, seeing how I just came back from extremely straining camp.
But yeah, the Vyrans are kinda like matorans, though I didn't manage to develop them long enough to make it blatantly obvious, which is probably better.

What I have in mind for them is that they are kinda like a neutral npc faction of the north, that might actually eventually become a potential allies for other species, as they are no longer really behaving in the more destructive ways of the Vyrii.
They can't infect organic material, only reshape it in crude ways, so their presence will be less harmful for the environment, and the biosphere. Also, they mostly utilize resources gathered from other vyrii structures, constructs and drones.

>> No.22139596

>>22139559
I'm only teasing, man. It's fine, imitation is of course the highest form of praise.

>> No.22139598
File: 420 KB, 725x548, YOUVEMADEMETHEHAPPIESTGIRL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22139473
>>22139559
>Vyran are matoran
>I made them have reprogrammed Warriors to protect them
>I made Toa
>MFW

>> No.22140372
File: 115 KB, 800x600, Vyrii hive drone.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22139258

One more thing that I have to say about the Vyrans is that their body shape is actually quite close to the "proper" shape of vyrii drones, at least ones of their size. Their body shape resembles that of the Bords, and if it was not for their corrupt coding, the similarity would be far more apparent, as the bords tend to make things literally in their image.

Anyways, here is a new drone type. The Hive is a strange vyrii form, resembling a mobile fabricator unit, that only seems to be capable of spewing forth thousands of small, flying drones, that it uses for both defense and offence. The hive moves slowly, allowing it's drone swarms to cover large areas of terrain in search of suitable resources for it to consume, like other vyrii drones.

When threatened, the Hive uses it's large shield plates to protect it's body, often completely retracting itself inside it's shell. It is immobile in this position, but it is far harder to damage. It only opens it's shell to spew out more drone swarms to attack it's assailants.

The Hive is a very rare drone type, it's massive bulk making it impossible for it to reproduce trough infection, though it's drones are capable of the feat. Only way for it to reproduce, is to convert intact fabrication bays into more of itself. This process takes great amounts of energy and time, which makes the hives very rare drones.

>> No.22141803
File: 41 KB, 800x800, Vyrii solar tree.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Here is a split off of the seed like vyrii form, that resulted in the tree overmind.

Some of the seed like vyrii, who didn't latch on to a tree, began growing into their own forms.
The ones who latched on mineral rich soil flourished, and developed a strange, solar panel like "leaf", that generated energy for them. These "trees" quickly spread around in the arid and rocky areas, as they don't need water to grow, just minerals and the sun. They produce more seeds from their top, which they spread trough the wind.
The root system of these "trees" resembles a drill, that bores deeper to the soil in search of useful minerals. These trees use the solar energy they gather to power this drill, which slowly twists and vibrates deeper into the rock.

It should be noted however, that these "trees" are being increasingly targeted by other vyrii forms, as they are basically sitting ducks, full of energy and minerals for the taking. Also, they do not fare well in competition against natural plant life, as their slower growth rate, and preference for very rocky soil. They are most commonly found in the mountains of the north.

>> No.22142783

>>22141803
>>22141803
And now the Matora- I mean, Vyrans will start farming these. They move their settlements to areas where soil remains rocky and mineral full. In these places, they plant gathered "seeds," and protect them from any Vyriiforms that they have not reprogrammed. They are discovering agriculture. The little buggers

>> No.22143745
File: 23 KB, 438x661, Backupnode 32.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

a bump from the single best Backup Node there ever was

>> No.22144265
File: 194 KB, 2460x370, vyrii01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Deep within Vyrii territory there is a field littered with all parts of vyrii drones. After the destruction of the Overmind, some drones attacked each other, some simply fell apart.Either way most have crumbled to their basic nanite parts. But then a storm comes, and a particullary strong lightning bolt strikes the ground somewhere on this Bord forsaken place, frying a lot of drones, but reorganizing a few. And these few start a grey goo spree, consuming everything the field has to offer. Be it vyrii built structures, drone parts, minerals, anything.

>> No.22144424
File: 46 KB, 337x370, vyrii02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22144265
Suddenly, the grey goo stops its rampaging destruction, leaving a devastated plane were once structures of vyrii construction stood, were once war raged. Order appears in the chaotic overload caused by lighting as a great red crystal emerges from the mist of nanites.

>> No.22144733
File: 11 KB, 336x370, vyrii03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22144424
The Crystal continues to grow as more and more nanites and material are being incorporated into it. A landscape of eerie order sorrunds the Crystal, creating a valley plated of hexagon and occasional holes between them.

>> No.22145347

The Silver forest, the new more friendly vyrii, the new landscape. This is more then one can hope for. it is delightful.

>> No.22146159
File: 48 KB, 736x618, 1356002482867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22145347
This vyrii form is massive, plucking up and chewing to pieces smaller vyrii, creating new vyrii forms from the components. It is a mobile manufacturing center, but is a mindless drone. Something else controls it.

>> No.22147918
File: 26 KB, 594x551, slapchopminustheslap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

a new form of mindless drone spills out of far north lands. Not particularly fast, strong, or durable, but disposable. They also have excellent self repair capabilities, to the point of infecting other vyrii that attempt to use them as building substances without sufficient "digestion" first.

>> No.22149417
File: 40 KB, 800x600, Bord mech.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

bumb

>> No.22150305

Bump for Justice & Pudding. Gotta keep this thread alive while I work on another Vyrii Evo.

>> No.22150409
File: 24 KB, 384x288, Takua_&_Pewku.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22139598
I think these drones are actually more like rahis.

>> No.22150726
File: 24 KB, 529x433, Chef.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Whether it was trying to revert to its original function, or convert to something with partial data is unknown. What is however, is that some Assassin variants in the Mesh-Net have become linked to food fabrication systems for the "colonists." Their blades have been reformed into cutlery, and they process organic matter into gruel and protein wafers.

>> No.22151386

>>22150409
Correct. I actually kinda planned on actually going further with the bionicle reference, and create some sort of variant of the Vyrans, who would work as their protectors, but I am not really sure if I should go that far.

>>22150726
This gives me an idea. What if some vyrii drones would start building some sort of settlements, to which they would herd bord creatures, and then just serve and protect them, keep them safe, feed them and allow them to breed in massive numbers.
Imagine a strange, alien looking facility, countless vyrii drones buzzing about and within it, just massive numbers of bords, being treated like kings

>> No.22152392

bump

>> No.22153077

>>22151386
Mein gott, it's brilliant, this must be done, for the sake of story.

Maybe the Joorod see this as a form of slavery, and seek to rescue their "brothers" and a great war between Joorod & Machine occurs, mirroring the purge by the Lem.

>> No.22153684

>>22153077
But what if the joords are recognized as colonists? Might they not like to live in luxury for their whole lives?

>> No.22153991
File: 138 KB, 800x600, Vyrii rock borer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22153077

I doubt that the joorods would see the simple arctic bord as their "brothers", due to the massive differences in intelligence between the races.
Also, as >>22153684 stated, the Joorods would probably receive equal treatment from these types of vyrii as the other bord species do.
One thing that should be noted is that the existence in these "service colonies", might not be very ideal for the sapient races, as the vyrii are most likely keeping the bords in these colonies by force. Their society was, after all, very controlling. Those who weren't pacified by the luxurious life, and tried to dissent, were quickly cut down.

Anyways, here is a new vyrii.
The rock borer vyrii is a massive machine, whose sole purpose is to bore into the bedrock of the world, construct large caverns and tunnels for the other drones, and allow the vyrii an access to the heavier minerals of the bedrock.
After the fall of the overmind, these machines were left aimless, some continuing to endlessly dig deeper and deeper to the soil, others simply deactivating while some started rampaging trough the vyrii wastes, using their super heater "drill fangs" to demolish anything they came upon.
There is a fixed, but unknown number of these forms still active in the vyrii wastes, they are incapable of replicating themselves, as the facilities needed for their manufacture were mostly destroyed along with the overmind, and the remaining ones are few and far between, most of them probably already scavenged by other vyrii beings.

>> No.22154041

>>22153991
fuck, i need to make a follow up evolution to this one, it looks so great and has such a unique purpose. but they cant replicate themselves, so no mutations, ergo no evolution?

>> No.22154114

>>22154041

They can't perhaps replicate themselves, but like all vyrii beings, they probably can modify themselves.
Although, in hindsight, making them not able to replicate was pretty stupid on my part, seeing how the point of this thread is to evolve the vyrii.

How about this for a solution:
They can't outright manufacture new Rock Borers, who are fucking massive things, but the code for making them could be modified in ways that they could create smaller versions of themselves from the material they harvest when they dig trough rock?
All vyrii beings are capable of some sort of replication trough their nano scale fabrication units, but creating massive things like rock borers requires so much energy and material that a single vyrii being is probably incapable of doing that feat.

>> No.22154164

>>22154114
maybe the species Im designing right now (who kinda HAVE to be huge to serve their purpose) has evolved before the end of the war? is that possible?

>> No.22154275

>>22154164

I am not sure, though you could also just ignore the stuff I said about them not being able to manufacture themselves, as it was pretty dumb tidbit of info.
It could be that it just takes very long time for the rock borers to replicate themselves.

>> No.22154289

>>22154114
>creating massive things like rock borers requires so much energy and material that a single vyrii being is probably incapable of doing that

perhaps two?

Driven by programming to adapt , replicate and increase efficiency. Rock Borer Vyrii discover that, though a single unit cannot replicate another full unit, two Borer units working in tandem can create a unit capable of sustaining itself enough to continue fabricating itself on its own. These Borer pairs select each other through an elaborate process that includes comparing nanite swarm code compatibility as well as Displays of hull integrity and Rock boring power and prowess.
Through these processes hierarchies of desirability are created and units with a desire to mingle their designs and data with the most virile vyrii often end up competing through displays or outright combat.

>> No.22154461

>>22154275
its probably easiest and lest infringing on your fluff to make them mutated adult borers instead of mutated offspring.

>> No.22154817
File: 40 KB, 574x453, viii.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

I dont have that glow effect i think, so ill just keep it dull.

The big eater is a mutation of the rock borer, being a rock borer that was modified by its peers, which happens whenever a big number of rock borers work in close proximity, a sight, that now, that the borers wander and dig aimlessly is quite rare.
The purpose of the big eater is the consuming and recycling of otherwise useless rock, the rock borers dig out in their quest to find minerals and make tunnels.
Their humongous bellys are somewhat flexible, at least as flexible as vyrii tissue can be, and is filled with acids that seperate the different components of the waste it swallows. The more useful components get spit out again and can be used by worker drones, but some of the rock remains inside the eater and slowly adds itself to its body, thereby growing the eater.
the big eaters are as daft as the rock borers, only being interested in swallowing everything they find and vomiting out again parts of it.

because of the state of the rock borers, big eaters are a rarity, but those that still awkwardly waddle through caverns or over mountaintops have grown in size over time and are now even bigger then their borer counterparts

>> No.22154832

>>22154817
also

>2012
>still not using plains
>thats me
>Im stupid

>> No.22154940

Blamp

>> No.22155281

>>22154289
>Vyrii developing mating competions.
WHY DO I FIND THIS SO FUNNY?

>> No.22157907

More from MIGHTY B32 is coming.

==FOR THE COLONY AND THE NEW EMPIRE==

>> No.22158664
File: 27 KB, 438x661, Backupnode 32.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22157907
Backup Node 32 has experienced some... changes

With many vyriiforms serving the "colonists," the airwaves are filled with information that triggers long unused portions of data in smarter control forms. BN32 is the most affected, and it almost immediately begins altering itself to serve the "colony." It creates a central proccesing core, encased in a huge lump atop its back. This Core becomes so huge that BN32s limbs cannot support it, and they require strengthing. In come pistons to help reduce the strain on the joints. The "feet" and "hands" are melted into solid lumps, for greater stability. Finally, BN32 makes an... interesting modification to its face, a remnant of the bord desire to make everything look like them, but twisted into a simplistic shape.

==FOR THE COLONY AND THE NEW EMPIRE==

>> No.22159302

>>22155281
>>22157907
>>22158664
Who's the new kid?

>> No.22159308
File: 204 KB, 1000x500, LifeForms.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22139120
+++LIFE FORM DETECTED+++
+++NATURE: ORGANIC+++
+++SPECIES: CORRUPTED FILE+++
+++...+++
+++SPECIES: UKNOWN+++
+++BEGIN CONVERSION+++
+++LAUNCHING CONVERTION NANITES+++
+++SCANNING NANITE ACTIVITY+++
+++NULL+++
+++CONVERSION: 0%+++
+++UNABLE TO PROCEED+++
+++CHECKING ORGANIC CONVERSION PROGRAM+++
+++STATUS: CORRUPTED+++
+++...+++
+++ORGANIC CONVERSION PROGRAM: UNKNOWN+++

>> No.22159483
File: 197 KB, 1700x2338, vyrii 000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22159308
I lol'ed.

>>22136973
sys.bd 11
//trans
sys.bed 000
/begin

>> No.22159555
File: 153 KB, 1041x757, vyrii 001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22159483
sys.brdle 000
//trans
sys.brdle 001
/begin

>> No.22159652
File: 175 KB, 1021x1221, vyrii 010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22159555
Spent all day drawing these, might as well show 'em off now.

You can see them growing into an almost sauropod-like shape.

>> No.22159721
File: 143 KB, 873x813, vyrii 011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22159652
The front arms become graspers to gather leaves, as this creature has begun to consume vegetation to fuel its inner furnaces.

>> No.22160540

The destruction of the overmind did not just affect the macro scale vyrii forms, no, it also sent the countless nano scale machines into disarray. This was mostly apparent when many of the vyrii drones simply deactivated, as their inner nano structures and machines went haywire. However, majority of the larger drones were capable of recovering or even retaining the functionality of their nanite systems, as the nanites were linked to them first and foremost, and the feedback from the overmind was filtered by the drone's own processing systems.

The nanites that were most affected where the ones who weren't bound to drones or other processing systems, and instead operated more freely. The overmind's destruction sent these nanites into chaos, as their directives shifted, changed and were corrupted. Most became non functional, but some changed into new, strange forms.
The two examples here are pretty common nanite forms that can be found in the vyrii wastes.

>> No.22160554
File: 162 KB, 800x600, vyrii nanite phenomenon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22160540
cont.

The Mist of Change is a very destructive nanite phenomenon, that is caused by airborne nanites, that move with the wind, changing and destroying all material they come across, as they use it to construct more of themselves. These mists can change landscapes very quickly, and after their passing, it is common for all structures, both natural and artificial to continue to degrade for many weeks. These nanites are very short lived however, though they can hibernate for many years, waiting for the needed burst of energy to fuel their replication process. Because of that, these mists are often very seasonal, coming and going like the weather.

The Shard Rot is a slower nanite phenomenon, that is caused by faulty constructor nanites, that turn everything they come across into strange, crystalline formations. These nanites spread trough both their "root" network, as well as trough miniature shards that the crystalline formations emit to the air.
Left unchecked, the Shard Rot can take over large swathes of land very quickly. Thankfully, it seems that many vyrii forms use the Shard Rot to sustain themselves, feeding on the glowing crystals for energy and material.

>> No.22161177

>>22160554
that is awesome, I can imagine travelers needing to take shelter in quickly dug pits, fearing for their lives.

>> No.22161475
File: 31 KB, 800x600, Vyrii Kafka parasite.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Some of the very small, vyrii harvester drones that ended up in the seas adapt to utilize the mineral rich shells of the Kafkas in their reproduction. These drones implant themselves upon the shell of the Kafka, and start drawing minerals from it in order to create more of themselves.

Without the overmind, these drones follow a simple swarm intelligence, relying on each other's presence for proper function. Alone, this type of drone will malfunction, as their small size doesn't allow them to have large processing power.

Because of this, these drones currently exists in one, moderately sized swarm, that moves from one kafka to another, growing in numbers. Given enough time, they might grow into a true threat to the Kafka species, but for now, they are only minor parasites.

>> No.22162098

>>22158664
BN32 sets about on a vicious campaign for control of the various swarms, using superior tactics devised by its new processing capibility. Swarm 32 grows to be quire larger, for a remnant of the True Swarm. Eventually, this attracts the notion of more intelligent control forms, who start to adopt tactics of BN32. Soon, secret wars rage all across the mountains in places where the people of the Enclave and the Crestlands do not venture. The Controllers fight in ever more complex strategies, with some Controllers taking to raiding Vyran villages for the materials and energy they need. Perhaps if a control form is triumphant in this war, a new Overmind may arise. For now, these little wars are fought outside the senses of those who might disturb them.

>pic: http://imgur.com/kTEWi

>> No.22162877

Bamp

>> No.22163749

>>22159308
+++UNABLE TO PROCEED REPLICATION
+++AVAILABLE MATERIAL: NANITES+++
+++RESOURCE STATUS: LIMITED+++
+++REPLICATION PROGRAM+++
+++STATUS:POINTLESS+++
+++INITIATE SELF-PRESERVATION ROUTE+++
+++INITIATE: STRONGHOLD+++
+++PROTECT BOR... SELF++
+++REQUIREMENTS: GATHER MORE+++
+++MORE+++
+++MORE+++
+++...+++
+++HAIL!+++
+++HAIL!+++

>> No.22164834
File: 28 KB, 390x632, NoIdea.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

> No idea

>> No.22166819
File: 22 KB, 266x200, BordPls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Bump

>> No.22166850

So to let the players know, if Vyrii evo no longer interest you anymore, there will be the Central Arctic mini-evo session after this (vyrii) one. I think Notrip will host it? After that, we'll probably take a week break before we start Central's Metal Age game.
Happy holidays!

>> No.22167468

so this is finished?

>> No.22167674

>>22167468
not necessarily, no. If there's still people interested in it, feel free to add more evolution. If there's nobody that's interested in it anymore, it'll slide off the board into 404land. natural thread selection at its finest.

>> No.22167927

>>22167674

I am certainly interested, and I will be participating with more evos this evening.

>> No.22168154

>>22167674
real life commitments have kept me from playing, but i have a few more evos to crank out. Something having to do with black knights.

>> No.22169567

>>22160554

Here are few tv´hings that I forgot to mention about the shard rot.
First of, it is hazardous, being too close to the crystal formations risks infection, which can be very dangerous to organic beings. The infection is transferred trough the microscopic nanite shards that the crystals emit to the air,which means that they are easily inhaled when breathing, which will almost certainly result in a lethal infection. The infection will turn the victim into a new shard formation, though in some rare cases, it can also result in a mobile vyrii drone.
The shard fields occasionally spawn mobile vyrii drones all by themselves, but the reason for this is unknown.
The other vyrii forms, although highly resistant, aren't entirely immune to the shard infection. Drones who have spent prolonged periods feeding on the shards, or simply stayed in the field often exhibit massive shard growths themselves, and heightened aggression towards anything that approaches the shard field.

The crystal formations themselves are full of energy. They glow with heat, and touching them can result in burns. This heat is produced by countless micro fusion units that power the field's processes. One of the functions of these crystals seems to be venting any excess heat away from the field, as well as serve as some sort of defense for the field.

>> No.22171034

bumpasaurus rex. I'd like the thread to at least live another day. I'll work on something right now.

>> No.22171225
File: 34 KB, 1318x469, Monsters of the deep.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22171034
I deliver.

The Sea Vyrii make some unique modifications to themselves to survive in their new salty liquid environment. They take to covering themselves with more of the carbon "foam" than the metal they typically use. Some smaller forms start Kafka parasites, keeping them under control and preventing them from wiping out the kafkas. Others hunt bigger, more dangerous prey: Boats.

Yes, the sea vyrii are hunting boats. They tend to contain loads of easily proccesible metal and minerals. However, large forms are neccesary for this, and such monstrous vyrii are fortunately rare. Still, the seafarers of the world had best beware....

>> No.22171861

Glad to see this thread yet lives.

>> No.22173667

Got too tired to draw today, so I'll just bumb this so it will be around next morning, so I can start contributing again.

>> No.22174140

>>22173667
Happens to the best of us, and you are definitely among the best.

>> No.22174734

---INSUFFICIENT DEVELOPMENTS---

-MORE DEVELOPMENTS ARE REQUIRED-

--SEARCHING...--

>> No.22174760

>>22174734
++ ELEMENTS FOUND ++
FORMATTING IN PROGRESS

//sys.illustration - engage

>> No.22174947
File: 3 KB, 138x168, THE RAGE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22174734
--DEVELOPMENT FOUND--
--EXHBITING--

Behold: The Rage. A fragment of the original Overmind. It is incapable of building a new body for itself, and has long lain in the ruins of the Overminds hive, sleeping beneath wreckage created by the Purifier Bomb. Now, a lucky control form has salvaged it, and incorporated it into its structure, hoping for valuable insights and greater control over its fellow Vyrii. Alas, such dreams are not to be. The Rage is exactly as its name suggests: It handled the aggression and anger of the Overmind. Now, it pours a torrent of hate into its new host, which proceeds to wreck its swarm till it is put down by rebellious warrior drones. They leave the cursed piece with their former master, fighting amongst each other after its death till they themselves are dead, perhaps influenced by broadcasts from The Rage.

Over time, more Controllers salvage, and are driven mad by The Rage. They attack the swarm they've gathered, with varying degrees of success. Many are slain by their former followers, and many such swarms act as the first swarm did, killing each other. As controllers equip and die from it, The Rage grows larger and larger, but it is eventually shattered into several pieces. These pieces do much the same thing as the original Rage, though on a lesser scale, granting some of the insights that Controllers seeks, but still inevitably driving them to madness. The greater shards carry their own names, like Hatred, Anger and Malice. They bring nought but death and ruin to those who hold them.

Beware of the Rages, lest they consume you
pic is the original Rage

>> No.22175071

>>22174947
Working on a picture myself. All to Electroswing music. Cannot wait to show y'all.

>> No.22175378
File: 35 KB, 746x1042, WhiteHorror.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22174734
++INCOMING FILE++
RETRIEVING DATA ... ... ...
DECODING DATA
... ... ...
OPENING FILE: UNAMED_STRAIN.brd
... ... ...
A burst of static, and then the screen solidifies into the image of the snowy landscape of the deep north, snow in drifts so deep it looks like a desert of snow. The scene pans as the Vyrii looks, it's entourage behind it. It looks like a small group of the communal Vyrii forms are travelling to find a new home to set up in. Suddenly, a movement warning triggers, causing the scene to pan again, focusing on a nearby drift, panning slowly looking for the source. The view jumps as the Vyrii zooms in on an incoming blizzard, travelling quickly across the landscape.

A burst of static

The file has jumped forward, showing the ramshackle shelters set up by the communal Vyrii. The majority have taken shelter within, only a few stragglers are still outfitting the last of the shelters as the storm begins to truly roll in. an obliterating white wall of snow rolls across the view frame, temporarily whitening the screen. The image resolves into some dark shapes, the shelters and the straggling Vyrii. Suddenly a faint shape blurs across the screen, taking the Vyrii with it. The view jostles and moves forward to investigate. Suddenly the view tilts and the Vyrii gets one solid view of the pictured Vyrii-form.

... ... .... END FILE
++DRONES SENT TO LOCATION FOUND ONLY SNOWDRIFTS AND THE RUINS OF THE BUILDINGS THIS UNIT'S PROCESSOR WAS BURIED AND APPEARS OVERLOOKED++

>> No.22175692

>>22175378
It's good to see the Snowbeasts creating terror again.

>> No.22176525
File: 1.44 MB, 2136x1555, Zero-One.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22174760
//sys.ZeroOne
>action_consumeLeaves
/engaged

>> No.22177385

>>22176525
What would happen if it tried to eat from a Vyritree?

>> No.22177413

>>22177385
Battle of the Vyrii, probably trying to assimilate each other.

>> No.22178975

>>22173667
real life consumed me today. I too will be drawing tomorrow.

>> No.22182041

Bumb

>> No.22184600

>>22171225
I don't know where these sea vyrii are endemic but the Parrot Kafka of the reefs is a lithovore. They're no hunters but no doubt a vyrii might get a few nips in their softer parts if they're not careful

>> No.22184757

>>22184600

Right here >>22161475 is what I was aiming ait
>Given enough time, they might grow into a true threat to the Kafka species, but for now, they are only minor parasites.

>> No.22184765
File: 58 KB, 800x600, Vyrii Shard guardian.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22169567

By feeding on the shard fields, the vyrii drones expose themselves to the infectious nanites of the fields. The vyrii use their own nanite systems to resist the invading nanites, rendering it relatively safe for them to harvest the crystalline formations for both energy and resources. Long exposures to the field will however overwhelm the nanites of the vyrii, and result in the drones being corrupted by the shards. The crystalline formations start to grow all over their shell, and they become increasingly protective of the field against intruders. The field in turn, seems to empower these drones, though they will eventually merge with the crystal formations.

This takeover process seems to be deliberate, as if the shard rot field was actively trying to acquire itself guardians. This seemingly directed behavior can also be seen in the corrupted drones, who co-operate with each other when defending their home field. They also almost always try to incapacitate intruding drones, so they too may be corrupted, instead of destroyed.
An unseen director lingers in the shard fields, a gestalt mind perhaps, that grows greater each day the shard fields spread...

>> No.22185126

bump

>> No.22186125

>>22184765
A nascent overmind eh? We'll just see about that...

>> No.22186462
File: 204 KB, 1913x936, Predation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22186125
>>22184765
A special breed of Hive drone emerges that preys specifically on the ever expanding shard fields. They use their drones to attack and consume the shard fields and their guardians with impunity. When the drones return with their pieces of guardians or the shards, the pieces are proccessed in special compartments, to minimize the risk of infection to the Hive.

>> No.22187573
File: 23 KB, 484x493, Black Knight.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22132701
the watcher has slowly instigated changes in the vyrii under it's charge into new somewhat uniform shapes. The black knight from is one of several new shapes.

>> No.22187585
File: 156 KB, 800x600, Vyrii lazor field.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22186462

In face of the new threat of the hives and their swarms, some of the larger, more mature shard fields start growing strange, tower like crystal formations, which emit powerful beams of light from themselves. These lazer beams are strong enough to burn the frames of the small flyer drones. However, utilizing these towers considerably slows down the growth rate of the the field, as the power needed to support this new defense is very high.

>> No.22189935

>>22187573
> Black Knight
Please tell me it has the ability to lose its limbs and keep functioning or something like that.

>> No.22190374
File: 823 KB, 800x2200, Vyran legend tablet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

As time goes on, the vyrans continue to develop culture like behavior, different villages holding different habits and traditions, as well as behavior. The hostile vyrii forms also keep driving the Vyrans to develop their intelligence, as it is their only strength against the warrior forms.
This intelligence, and individuality has birthed an entity inside the artificial "brains" of the Vyrans, which we would label as a mind.

Due to this, questions of their origins and other, higher minded matters have surfaced in some Vyran communities. Stone tablets, retelling legends and shards of memories received from elder vyrans are used to explain their own history, and thus define their place in the world.

(Btw, I am kinda imagining that this particular evo session spans at least hundreds of years that followed after the overmind was broken. The vyrii adapt fast, but not instantaneously. These developments have just happened in secluded areas, where the enclave hasn't been able to reach with their full strength.)

>> No.22191023

>>22190374
Astounding, always a joy to see what you come up with from your drawing board (or tablet, as it were).

>> No.22192519
File: 223 KB, 527x584, kossuk with lubskin bag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Bumparooski. Lubskin bag, dyed wood macahuitl, and embroidered leather jerkin all ready to go.

>> No.22194526
File: 42 KB, 926x567, snowbeast otsix.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22175378
the "snowbeast" strand continued to develop higher quality and more standardized appearances. Glossy white shells were layered over stretchy nano tube muscle. A face flap can open to fire a very nasty laser but this leaves the unit vunerable and facing a very large recharge time. The snowbeast vyrii are making moves against the "Blue top" vyrii.

>> No.22195565
File: 53 KB, 992x730, derp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22194526
the butcher is part of the watcher's court. Never straying far from the side of it's lord. A butcher unit is heavily armored, thickly built and slow. Rooks often wander the wastes, lethargically dragging their limbs until they burst into bouts of hyper activity for no apparent reason.

>> No.22195709

>>22192519
nice fortune. very nice. I look forward to revisiting the lands of the korobushka. I suspect that after south runs it's course, we may have to do a sub game allowing players to take a faction within the society of your people. It is so rich and complex.

>> No.22199059
File: 31 KB, 550x804, 1356327539967.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22195565
significant improvements were made on the rook drones when they returned home. Now even more lanky and fragile but somehow ignored by all forms of vyrii, at least at a distance. Apparently some form of stealth, or signal jamming allows them to move through territories unmolested.

>> No.22199194
File: 5 KB, 206x288, watcher's teeth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22199059
the watcher's grow their forces, fighting each other via proxies called "courts". Once a watcher reaches a reasonable level of development, it will start to manifest control spikes that grow out in lines from their throne. The other vyrii will often seek to destroy these spikes as they have the same subtle and pervasive capabilities of the watcher.

>> No.22199856

>>22195709
You say such nice things, nongent. I'm glad you like them so much. It seems mixing lemmings, kobolds, Karl Marx, Hobbes, and Charles Dickens yields amusing results.

>> No.22200391
File: 165 KB, 800x600, swimmer-zero-one copy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22176525
Some Zero-Ones take to the waters, and their malleable forms quickly re-adapt for swimming.

>> No.22200630
File: 8 KB, 277x219, Executables.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

+++DETECTING ANOMALLY IN THE SYSTEM.+++
+++RECORDING ERROR.+++
+++ATTEMPT DATA RECOVERY?+++
+++AFFIRMATIVE.+++

+++ERROR!+++
+++RECOVERY CORRUPT+++
+++RUN INTACT RECORDING+++
+++EXECUTE+++

///There, it is ####///
///### you #### about this?///
¤¤¤Why?¤¤¤
¤¤¤What ## you mean?¤¤¤

///Well this #### cause #### ######///
¤¤¤and?¤¤¤
///... just ######///
///you #### don't ### vyrii #### free everyday///

¤¤¤#### must be done¤¤¤
¤¤¤## #### punish ##### ignorant Lem for ##### betrayal!¤¤¤
///I #### that///
///And it #### be ####///

¤¤¤These Lem don't #### know ### #### ####### of Vyrii¤¤¤
¤¤¤ And ### now we let #### believe #### ##### are defeated¤¤¤
¤¤¤This ### will bring #### #### this ####¤¤¤
¤¤¤And from the ##### #### #### a new ######¤¤¤

¤¤¤go now¤¤¤
¤¤¤# will set ### system ##### and when this ### #### awake ## #### be already ### away¤¤¤
///Yes my ####///
¤¤¤Be ######## ## friend ### we #### #######!¤¤¤

+++END OF RECORDING+++

+++SCANNING REVEALS SINGLE HOSTILE ORGANISM NEARBY+++
+++TERMINATE?+++

>> No.22202719

>>22200630

I have no idea what is going on, but is sure sounds ominous.

On another topic, how many different lineages of vyrii there exists now?
There are the snow beasts, zero ones, green vyriis, blue ones, the Vyrans, the Hail Hail ones, the mesh net and the ones loyal to the watcher. I am pretty sure that I forgot some of them.

>> No.22203254
File: 3 KB, 186x161, concerned barney tranvestite.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Wow my Vyrii evolved into quite the mineral-based zerg horrors.

I have not looked at one of these evo threads in a while. I'm the guy who made the frowg and vyrii. I forgot what the fuck I namedfagged myself.

Pic scarcely related.

>> No.22203282

>>22203254
It also seems some of them are evolving into natural robotic lifeforms based on bionicles. I wouldn't even have made the connection.

>> No.22203708

>>22203254
Falc? or Frowg-Guy, maybe?
Welcome back. PS. That imagename, hohoho.

>> No.22203722

>>22202719
The Zero Ones, the land-based ones and the swimmer ones.

>> No.22203797

>>22133026

Holy fuck I lol'ed.

>> No.22204093

>>22202719
There are also the sea monsters and the various independent control forms.

>> No.22204169

>>22203254
quite a few names man. good to see you stop by for a visit. Your "children" have done quite a bit of growing up and tamed the north. also "frowgforceofdestiny, frowgguy" and so on. We are gonna have one more micro evo thread after this with regular life forms, then a "tribal" game. Please feel free to stop by any time. I'm going to try to get dates on the main page of the 1d4chan primordial wiki so people can join in easier without so much guesswork.
>>22203708
Falc and Frowg were two different people, with falc running the K'lahk and Fwogguy running the Fo'will.
>>22203797
I am happy to please.

>> No.22204290

>>22204169
nongent, I just came up with something, a battle at the end of time between the Sergei and the Zartik, mwahahah!

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McjxOBZrmoo

>> No.22205741
File: 43 KB, 551x478, observer2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22133026

>> No.22206944
File: 70 KB, 291x172, I get it!.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22205741
>>22133026

>> No.22206979
File: 797 KB, 800x2200, Vyran legend tablet 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Expanding on the Vyran lore.

The Vyran communities are largely isolated from one another, though there is some trade and travelling between the different villages. This isolation is mostly due to the danger of hostile vyrii forms that linger outside the barriers of the Vyran villages.
The Vyrans "farm" the tree like vyriis for the energy and minerals they collect, while also occasionally conducting scavenger parties to the wastelands that are being ravaged by both wild nanites as well as hostile vyrii forms. The Vyrans usually search for materials they can't easily manufacture themselves, such as the hard shells of the warrior drones that are more resilient to damage than their own shells, or the heat and light emitting crystals of the shard fields.
These scavenging raids are dangerous, and the parties are thus often armed quite heavily (by their standards) and accompanied by other, tamed vyrii forms.

Although the assembly pits play a large role in the creation of additional Vyrans, the most important part in their "reproduction" is conducted by the Vyrans themselves. The creation of the "core" of the new Vyran, is done by one or more Vyrans, who basically graft a new processing unit for the new drone. In the past, the new drone would receive the standard directives and programming for all the vyrii drones, but as time passed, the ancestors of the Vyrans, due to errors in copying and the quirks they themselves had developed, began installing faulty and altered base programming to the new drones, resulting in more individuality.
Eventually the Vyrans began further mix their programs together, when installing them to the new core, so that more variety would be born, as this variety is highly valued by the Vyrans.

Here is also another stone tablet, that records the legends of how the Vyrans became what they are now.

>> No.22208274
File: 17 KB, 386x380, upgrade.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22137222
Some Vyrans that are made, exhibit characteristics, or enhancements from other swarms. This is dependent on their base material. This particular unit was made mostly of recycled snowbeast material and exhibits several features including tripod legs, and smooth sleek shells.

>> No.22208729
File: 49 KB, 692x593, PT_Sketch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22208274
At this rate they might turn into Portal Turrets.

>> No.22209767
File: 201 KB, 800x600, zartik royal guard WiP.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Bumping with work-in-progress.

>> No.22210318
File: 98 KB, 1744x1812, Herdbeast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22194526
To increase the success of the face lasers, a new type of snowbeast forms. These snow beasts are loud and about as stealthy as an elephant. Additionally their cores burn much hotter than other Vyrii forms. These forms sole purpose is to harass their prey, driving it towards a point where the face lasers can be more effectively used.
The hotter operation temperatures also means that these Vyrii-forms live almost solely in large storms, using the vastly cooled temperatures to keep from melting their processors.
When hunting, these Snowbeasts create a loud screech, sounding like metal being dragged across metal.

>> No.22213862

Bumb

>> No.22214505
File: 69 KB, 1279x716, seasons greetings.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22205741
The Messenger sends missives from the watcher to enemies with a mass driver. currently that happens to be the snowbeasts.>>22210318

>> No.22214713
File: 44 KB, 792x716, chainsaw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22214505
the imaginatively named render does exactly what it's name implies. It moves a bit faster then the messenger as the cutting device is much lighter then then mass driver. The mass driver actually accounts for a large portion of a messenger's construction time, so the render can be made in bulk and often serve as shock troops or fodder for the court's forces.

>> No.22215007

>>22214505
>>22214713
Fucking sweet, it looks like an Armored Core.

>> No.22215363

>>22215007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QqY-8mohxo

That song, 24/7 while the rest of the continent has no idea there is a vyrii civil war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYYEDXaGo0

This song as an army of messengers and renders crests a hill in the early light of dawn, moving towards that first unprotected settlement. Slow motion scenes of people farming, taking care of kids, working wood, doing routine life things. turning to realization as shards rip through walls and explode. glorious slow motion. The Watcher would be pleased if it could feel such an emotion.

>> No.22216146
File: 48 KB, 1128x551, pawn 2.0 (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22214713
If base line pawn units can survive long enough they slowly upgrade into 2.0 models. A 2.0 has a searing hot blade, but this is a flawed weapon as the heat element is hottest at the center of the blade. It is still an improvement over the baseline 1.0 units. Pawns are cannon fodder to the extreme, and can be produced quickly and en mass. Most other vyrii swarms will simply destroy pawns they find and covert them to resource.

>> No.22216364
File: 49 KB, 1212x836, 1356346140588.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22199059
the rooks become the first major airborne vyrii, completely passive, they simply observe and circle like vultures.

>> No.22216811

>>22216146
>>22216364
>>22214505

Fuck, I feel so dumb for only now realizing that these drones are named after chess pieces.
It's a pretty good idea actually. Now there only needs to be the knight, queen and the king.

>> No.22217103

>>22154817
Some big eaters, after wandering aimlessly and not finding sufficient Waste to ingest, start to also use the recourses it would normally vomit up again, thus giving them a far more nutricious diet. This sudden surplus of "food" in all areas makes them stay in one place for a longer time, and some of them slowly dig themselves into the ground where further mutation occurs, until they are little more than imobile, big mouths and bellys, known as big devourers, getting fed by small, fly like drones that live in symbiosis with the devourer. They bring, for them useless materials to the devourer, which it digests, and, like the eater before him, gives up the best parts of it again. Other then the eater, the devourer doestn do so randomly, but gives only so much as is requiered by its helping drones. most of the nutricious components stay with the devourer

During this process, the devourers develop a somewhat weakhive conection with its drones, being able to give them demands, and get information from them, but not being able to give absolute orders.

With time, however, the devourer gets a more and more powerful grasp over it's helpers.

>> No.22217108
File: 128 KB, 592x622, devouer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>22217103
forgot the pic

>> No.22217905

>>22217108
ROBO SARLAAC!

>> No.22219499

I'm letting this sink to make way for Northern Central.

>> No.22221678

>>22219499
Sorry notrip, I have few ideas I would like to post , so I can't let this die just yet. Feel free to make the nothern evo though, I will just ad my stuff here when I wake up and then let it die.

>> No.22222167

>>22221678
I am sorry NOTRIP, I can't let you do that.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action