Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.20903080 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

another miniature s thread.
POst Rare and intrseting/funny ones.

>> No.20903178

>> No.20903184

>> No.20903284

>> No.20903348

>> No.20903736

>> No.20903830

This always cracked me up

>> No.20904073

>>20903830
lol

>> No.20904227

>>20903830
From the thumbnail I thought it was supposed to be Shrek-ork.

>> No.20905685

>>20904073
ALWAYS ANGRY

>> No.20906011

>>20905685
ALL THE TIME

>> No.20907109

>> No.20907502

>>20907109

>> No.20907865

>>20907502

>> No.20907874

>>20907865

RIP Brother Edward

>> No.20908412

>> No.20908826

>>20908412

>> No.20909070

>>20908826

>> No.20909499

>> No.20912526

bumping

>> No.20915557

>>20912526

>> No.20915638

>> No.20915652

>>20915557

>> No.20915661

I found this in a pile of old miniatures and apparently this mini is rare.

>> No.20915706

>>20915652

>> No.20915735

>>20908826
'Oly Morkin' Zog, boss, dat's FLASH!

>> No.20915744

Not mine, but I love this

>> No.20915745

>>20915661
Man, imagine that in 40k.
>undead astronaut from the Space Race
>Has been drifting in silent agony for close to 38,000 years, still clutching the tool it had desperately used in life to try and repair the shuttle.

>> No.20915760

>>20915744
Even better when you realize it can transform.

>> No.20915769

>>20915760
You know what would be beautiful?
If that is what Gork and Mork looked like in Robot Form

>> No.20915776

>>20915769
Gork is Gurren Lagann
Mork is Optimus

>> No.20915782

>>20915769
its already done

>> No.20915783

>>20915776
Wait
Wait
Wait
One is Brutally Cunning
The other is Cunningly Brutal yes?
One is Gurren Lagann(Cunningly Brutal)
The other is Starscream(Brutally Cunning)

>> No.20915786

>>20915776
And Pork, the lesser known third ork god, is Megas XLR

>> No.20915795

>>20915760

>> No.20915796

>>20915786
>Pork
That name is just perfect, you I like anon

>> No.20915809

I was made for loving you baby

>> No.20915811

>>20915809
IT'S GOING TO GET LOUD NOW!

>> No.20915812

Soon to a planet near you!

>> No.20915822

Ain't no rest for da wikkid

>> No.20915827

>> No.20915834

>>20915822

TEEF DONT GROW ON TREEZ

>> No.20915892

>> No.20915899

>>20915892
My first thought was that that was a giant chocolate bar

>> No.20915914

>>20915892

Such a good model ruined by a poorly done base. Too glossy and the bits look unrealistic.

>> No.20915917

>> No.20915940

>> No.20915947

And then I was like "fuck you"

>> No.20916050

>>20915783
NO THIS WAY MORK IS GURREN LAGANN
WHILE GORK IS LAGANN GURREN

>> No.20916057

>>20915917
that face has so much expression.

>> No.20916139

>>20916057
Yeah, it practically screams "Please kill me, it hurts to live"

>> No.20916230

>>20916050

>> No.20916515

>>20915760
>>20915795
No god damn way.

>> No.20916898

>>20916230

>> No.20916941

Pretty badass mini, I love me some history.

>> No.20916953

>>20915744
>>20915795
So is it a Deff Dredd? Wartrukk?

>> No.20917351

>>20916953

>> No.20917484

>>20916941

>> No.20917508

>>20903736
I came.

>> No.20917692

I'm still surprised Low Life has been so popular on Kickstarter recently, but I'm pretty giddy for some of these minis if the initial sculpts hold up to this.

>> No.20917762

>>20917508
who is that purple guy?

>> No.20917784

>>20917762
Sauron, the Necromancer

the LotR range is full of great models.

>> No.20917965

>>20917762

>> No.20918613

>>20917965

>> No.20919249

>>20918613
and thats why you dont let techpriests watch Star Wars

>> No.20919287

>>20917965
That's quite...what?

>> No.20919860

>>20919287
Genestealer Orkz, the exist in old ork fluff.
>>20918613
The chainsaw knees make me angry, and the stomach mounted cannon is retarded. Take those off and it'd be awesome.

>> No.20920080

>>20919860
>Genestealer Orkz, the exist in old ork fluff.
Hybrids are from when genestealers where chaos creatures and there were genestealers cults.

>> No.20920553

>>20920080
Genestealers are still chaos creatures...

>> No.20920575

>>20920553
>Genestealers are still chaos creatures
I don't think I have a pic that would properly convey how wrong you are, so I'll post this instead.

>> No.20920612

>>20920575
>implying the Hivemind is a Chaos God
>implying Tyranids aren't it's daemons

>> No.20920617

>>20920612
isn't a Chaos God*

>> No.20920625

>>20919860
>Genestealer Orkz
Wasn't that a plot point in Redemption Corps?

>> No.20920627

>>20920612

>> No.20920670

>>20920627
>Chaos Gods are entities existing in the Warp, created by the emotions of sentient creatures
>Daemons are 'shards' of their Chaos God, and upon 'death' return to the Warp/their God until they rematerialize

>The Hivemind is an entity that exists in the Warp [though nothing has officially been said on it being fueled by sentient emotion]
>>Chaos Gods are entities existing in the Warp, created by the emotions of sentient creatures
>Tyranid are 'shards' of the Hive Mind, and upon 'death' return to the Hive Mind until they rematerialize

>> No.20920725

>>20920670
....except if Tyranids were daemons, they would rematerialize in the Warp, instead of inside a Hive Fleet in real space. Check and mate.

>> No.20920752

>>20920725
What.
>materialize
>in the Warp
No. They go back to the Warp UNTIL they rematerialize in realspace. Just like Tyranid re-enter the Hive Mind until they are given new biomass (case in point, the Swarm Lord).
Check and mate, since we're being faggots about it now

>> No.20920773

>>20920752
....where's your proof that Tyranids reincarnate?

>> No.20920799

>>20920670

But Tyranids have no demonic weaponry and their appearance doesn't make you go cray-cray.

Also Tyranids are made out of flesh and bone while daemons are weird warp shit.

>> No.20920800

>>20920773
Well, I already said it, but Swarm Lord. Old One Eye, too.

>> No.20920838

>>20920800

I think Old One Eye's fluff is that he just regenerates like a motherfucker, all Tarrasque style. As for Swarm Lords, not sure about them, but they could be fractions of the hive mind or some shit.

Still no proof of bein daemons since Tyranids and daemons are made of completely different materials (Tyranids made of biomass om nom nom).

Also, Tyranids do not displace the same reality-warping mutation bullshit that daemons can do.

>> No.20920871

>>20920773
The Tyranid Codex outright states that higher forms of Tyranid life have their consciousnesses absorbed into the synaptic web when they die, to be reborn into new bodies.

>> No.20920913

>>20920838
>Still no proof of bein daemons
Obviously not. There isn't proof of much in 40k.
>Tyranids and daemons are made of completely different materials
I honestly have no idea how daemons work, but surely they can possess biomass bodies? Could be how Tyranid operate it.
>Tyranids do not displace the same reality-warping mutation bullshit that daemons can do.
Not entirely sure what this means? I assume you meant display... but Tyranid have Zoanthropes, Shadow in the Warp, and can 'mutate' via evolution.

>> No.20920977

>>20920913

I mean like, possessing shit. I never seen Tyranids possess a Leman Russ.

As for how Daemons work, all depictions I've seen of them dying has them get sent back into the warp (I also think that is how it works in DH). They don't leave a corpse behind they cease to exist in our realm.

Oh, also Tyranids can't be summoned with a magic circle.

>> No.20921043

>>20920913
>Obviously not. There isn't proof of much in 40k.

>I have made argument "x"
>Oh? Do you have any premises? That support your claim that are not circumstantial?
>No. I do not need them because proof is irrelevant in this context.

You DO realize how idiotic you sound, yes? Even if this is 40k bullshit warp magic, there still needs to be some number of premises you require before mounting an argument that has a conclusion like yours.

>> No.20921060

>>20920977

>> No.20921113

>>20921043
>Hivemind is a Warp entity
>Tyranid exist as shards of the Hivemind
>Upon death, Tyranid return to the Hivemind until a new body is produced
>Presence of Tyranid fucks with life in realspace

>Chaos Gods are Warp entities
>Daemons exist as shards of their Gods
>Upon death, daemons return to their God until a new body is produced
>Presence of daemons fucks with life in realspace

details left out by GW aka evidence against
>whether the Hivemind feeds off of emotion or whatever other metaphysical concepts power chaos gods (most likely hunger, will to survive, or evolution)
>Tyranid do not count as daemons for Grey Knights

>> No.20921168

>>20921113
>Presence of Tyranid fucks with life in realspace
>Presence of daemons fucks with life in realspace
One tiny detail: The presence of daemons fucks with realspace, PERIOD. Tyranids kill shit and consume matter, but they are not fucking with realspace, they are rearranging it at best.

You may not understand this, but every living thing has a psyker-reflection in the warp. That doesn't mean everything is daemons.

>> No.20921177

>>20921113
Tyranids also don't return like demons.
They're just eaten by other Tyranids, and the mass is recycled.

>> No.20921244

>>20921113
>Hivemind is a Warp entity

Your entire argument collapses at this point because there isn't a shred of evidence to support this claim. Nothing suggests the Hive Mind is an individual, a distinct entity, or any kind of warp deity.

>> No.20921284

>>20921168

>No tyranid, you are the daemons

>> No.20921354 [DELETED] 

>>20921244
And your name spells Fag Irl

>> No.20921376

>>20921244
>Nothing suggests the Hive Mind is an individual, a distinct entity.
This sort've suggests it.

>> No.20921387 [DELETED] 

>>20921354
>Can't think of anything to say
>Calls him a fag
I'm not even the person you're arguing with, and I think you're retarded

>> No.20921397

>>20921376
>Implying simpletons can connect the dots.

This is warhammer thread we are talking about.
Where people spend their whole checks on warhammer after months of work at McDs

>> No.20921401

>>20921387
Please note that "Tyranids=Daemons" guy (me) is not that poster.

>> No.20921408 [DELETED] 

>>20921387
Wow you are slow, so let me spell it out for you.
DeathLeapers Fag Irl

>> No.20921427 [DELETED] 

>>20921408

No we got where you were going. We were just calling you retarded for your argument consisting of (pic related)

>> No.20921451 [DELETED] 

>>20921427
It's only name calling if what I said isn't true.

>> No.20921491

>>20921451

No

It's still name calling

You really should just drop it

>> No.20921497 [DELETED] 

>>20921427
Here's a better version.

>> No.20921498

>> No.20921524

>>20916515
Hell yeah mah boi.

>> No.20921531

>>20916515
And the other one too.

>> No.20921536

>>20921376
No, it doesn't. The only information that can be derived from that passage is that the Swarmlord has a particularly strong link with the synaptic network that connects the Tyranids together, which means its consciousness can be shunted between Hive Fleets as needed. Nothing really suggests that there is a single, distinct entity which controls that network.

>> No.20921566

>>20921408
>hey guys im fucking retarded look how retarded i am being
Just shut the fuck up, leave, and never come back. I'm sure /y/ or /cm/ would love to have you.

Don't pretend you're trolling, either, nobody is falling for it.

>> No.20921584

>>20921536
okay.

>> No.20921660

>>20921566
It's true, we really would. A faggot of his caliber would really fit in.

>> No.20921679

>>20921584
The key phrase there, I think, is "gestalt consciousness". Warp Gods possess a single mind - Daemons are fragments of that mind given form and identity. The Hive Mind works in the reverse way, being the sum total of every Tyranid's knowledge and experiences formed into a mass consciousness which the race can draw upon.

But I will condeed that the passage in question does provide some evidence which might lead one to draw the conclusion that the Hive Mind is a distinct individual.

>> No.20921708

>>20921679
...if you have down syndrome.

>> No.20921720

>>20921708
I didn't say that I think it's the right conclusion to draw, mind you.

>> No.20921826

>>20921720
>The Hive Mind works in the reverse way, being the sum total of every Tyranid's knowledge and experiences formed into a mass consciousness which the race can draw upon.
It's both. It draws upon the experiences of the higher ups, but also directly controls the little ones through synapse.
The Hivemind does have a will of it's own. It may be "the sum total of every Tyranid's knowledge and experience" but it is also an entity that can use that knowledge for it's own purposes, and funnel it back down.
Pretty much every bit about the Hive Mind in the Tyranid 5e codex seems to support my argument. HOWEVER, I will acknowledge that I have often passed right over extremely pertinent passages in codexes, so if you have any citations to pass along to me, I would be extremely welcoming.

>> No.20921881

>>20921826
Well, I don't remember exactly where it is said, but.....
DAEMONS FUCK WITH REALSPACE ON A FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL.

TYRANIDS REARRANGE REALSPACE AT WORST.

THEREFORE, TYRANIDS ARE NOT DAEMONS.

>> No.20921904

>>20921881
That's not a single thing to do with Hive Mind being a single entity or not.

>> No.20921920

>>20921904
Who cares whether or not it's a single entity? The argument was that the Hivemind is a chaos god, and all tyranids are daemons, which has been disproven.

>> No.20921932

>awesome model thread derailed by shitposting

>> No.20921973

>>20921920
That is old news, much like the fact that this is a model topic. This is now between me and DLFG (and anybody who wants to join in) on whether or not the Hive Mind is a distinct entity.

>> No.20922175

Captcha has spoken. Now go dump us a Crystal Brush collection or something, you fxcking aspies.

>> No.20922180

>>20921932
And you expected anything else from 40k?

>> No.20922234

>>20915892
anyone else immediately think of this when they saw it?

>> No.20924155

>>20922234
haha, nice!

>> No.20924492

This thread prompted me to get out the 5 Orks that I actually finished painting.
They're above average, but they don't even come close to matching up with this stuff.

>Warhammer: never again

>> No.20924998

>The Chaos Gods are powerful entities in the warp
>Daemons are just 'shards' of the Chaos Gods, and when killed return to the warp before they can manifest in realspace again
>The presence of Daemons outside of the Warp tends to fuck with reality

>Gork and Mork are powerful entities in the warp
>Orks are just 'shards' of Gork and Mork, and when killed return to the warp before they get belched into realspace again
>The presence of Orks outside of the Warp tends to fuck with reality

>> No.20925041

>>20924998
>Orks are just 'shards' of Gork and Mork, and when killed return to the warp before they get belched into realspace again
Is not true.

>> No.20925234

>>20925041
If I recall correctly, Ork souls go to Gork and Mork's side when they die, fightin' and krumpin' each other until Gork and Mork belch them back into a new Ork body.

>> No.20925320

God Damn, look at that guy trying to give out the chill pills. Just look for fuck sake.

>> No.20926100

>> No.20926138

>> No.20926158

>> No.20926226

>> No.20926299

>>20920080
>Hybrids are from when genestealers where chaos creatures and there were genestealers cults.

>HORP DORP I REPEAT BULLSHIT ABOUT OLD 40K ON THE INTERNETS BUT NEVER BOTHER READING IT
>Long discussion ensues without questioning this bullshit

Yeah no, genestealers were in the original RT rulebook before Chaos existed. There were genestealer cults that also worshipped Chaos, but Genestealers were never chaos creatures.

>> No.20927011

>>20926100
>blood cauldron khornate vehicles

>>20926138
if I ever made a tzeench army, I would want to do something like this, and maybe go the extra mile and have the tank itself warping, though I don't know how to do it and look good

>> No.20927820

>>20926158

>> No.20928626

>>20927820

>> No.20928646

>>20928626
At least show the better paint scheme of those man. That blue and gold on them just looks terribad. Mantic is just as bad as GW with photos of minis.

>> No.20930915

>>20928626

>> No.20931740

>> No.20931938

>>20931740

>> No.20932794

>>20931938

>> No.20934071

>>20932794

>> No.20934124

>>20931740
I would use this as a Slaan mage-priest, and it would be glorious.

>> No.20934790

>>20934071

>> No.20934932

>>20934790

>> No.20935214

>>20934932

>> No.20935329

hey guys

>> No.20935349

>> No.20935356

>> No.20935380

>>20935349

Oh my god. Those eyes.

>> No.20935386

>> No.20935396

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action