Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.20438562 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Hey there /tg/, I'm new around these parts and was wondering if you could tell me about Warforged.

>> No.20438567

They are forged in war.

>> No.20438586

Did you try google?
How about 1d4chan?

>> No.20438594

I knew I could count on you /tg/. Thanks.

>> No.20438602

I like them. 25% chance of ignoring crits and back stab, immunity to fatigue, poison, disease. eberron unlimited site has the list of WF specific feats aaaand...races of Eberron has WF specific class features. WF paladins for example can lay on hands constructs, smite construct etc. You can even spend a feat to get adamantium plate equivalent body at rank 1, though you can't ever remove it unless the DM rules you can start stripping off your plate over a day or so.

>> No.20438661

I have a huge boner for Warforged but I don't think that I could ever roleplay one. And as much as I like them I have to admit that they are a little bit special-snowflake.

>> No.20438677

While we're talking about warforged: does the adamantine body feat stay if you wild shape? References would be nice to show my dm if it ever comes up.

>> No.20438693

>>20438677
Not unless you get your body enchanted with that enchantment that makes your armor wildshape with you instead of fusing into your new body.

>> No.20438695

>>20438661

> And as much as I like them I have to admit that they are a little bit special-snowflake.

... What. What the fuck definition of that term are you using? They are LITERALLY MASS PRODUCED WAR MACHINES, the only way they could be any LESS "special snowflake" is if they were completely unable to have independent thoughts or personalities at all, and if that were the case they'd be completely unplayable. Are you high right now, or just really fucking stupid?

>> No.20438703

>>20438695
"I was made to wage war. Just a creation, without emotions. All I know is fighting. They didn't make us for anything else."

>> No.20438714

>>20438661
>special-snowflake
You don't understand what that term means. It doesn't mean 'unusual.'

>> No.20438722

>>20438661
That's just silly, they're only that way if you make them that way. But my group loves warforged and we always have at least one in our party. Currently we have three.

>> No.20438725

>>20438703
Yeah, that's precisely my point- only rare specimens have the concept of a self. Where's the special snowflake shit coming from?

>> No.20438732

>>20438695
Overexposion to tvtropes.org, it causes preference of certain word groups and an urge to pigeonhole them into situations.
Anon of course means someone chooses it to be different from everybody else in the group, a mary-sue trait.

>> No.20438753

>>20438725
Warforged start with sapience by rote, and a predetermined set of ideas.
As they are exposed to more stimuli and ideas, that changes.
They simply start off as children, and grow mentally.
Stop being retarded.

>> No.20438801

Who makes them? Are they just slavebots? Do they have culture?

>> No.20438805

>>20438753
I'm not sure whether or not you misunderstood what Anon wrote at >>20438725
But it seems like you did.

>> No.20438817

I fucking love warforged.

I recall a warforged warblade I played who had the most amazing habit of failing all his skill checks exactly when the party needed him to not fail them.

>> No.20438829

Warforged are created soldiers found in the Eberron campaign setting, but they've been popular enough to grow outwith that.

They have a wooden/leather musculature/circulatory system with metal or stone plates on top of that. Warforged were made simply to be soldiers but they have shown signs of sentience or an awakening of the self. Some Warforged adopt 'human' identities involving fashion, gender, philosophies, etc; others would see that as a weakening of their essential nature. Each Warforged is really trying to find an identity but they don't know what they're supposed to be. They're soldiers without a war.

House Cannith claim to be the creators of the Warforged, having built the creation forges that produced them in the Last War. All creation forges are supposed to be destroyed but two still exist: one concealed in secret by Merrix d'Cannith, the head of the House, and one controlled by the Warforged terrorist The Lord of Blades.

However, House Cannith's claim is a lie. The plans for a creation forge were found on the continent of Xen'drik during an expedition and predate civilization on Khorvaire by some time.

>> No.20438830

>>20438703
>without emotions
But thats wrong, they do have emotions.

>> No.20438848

>> No.20438851

>>20438801
In Eberron, the oldest warforged are around a decade old. The war only recently ended, and they only recently started legally being considered people. They are a nascent culture, just starting out, and for the time being no new ones are being made.

>> No.20438853

>>20438801
They were created as soldiers for, and by, House Cannith. To fight the Last War.

>> No.20438855

>>20438693
But that's not actually an item, hes just considered to have one. Characters retain feats and racial bonuses they get when they polymorph.

>> No.20438860

>>20438851
>In Eberron, the oldest warforged are around a decade old.
Probably not, but of the current crop yes.

>> No.20438878

>>20438829
IMO, they're one of the more original D&D races along with things like Thri-kreen. It's easy to get into the gist of playing a Warforged but they aren't 'human with a few differences' like most other races, so I approve of them.

>> No.20438889

>> No.20438939

>>20438851
>In Eberron, the oldest warforged are around a decade old.

Do we even know what would happen when they age?

>> No.20438948

ALRIGHT SO BACK IN THE DAY THERE WAS THIS WIZARD WHO WAS LIKE I MISS MY SON. BUT THEN HE REALIZED HIS SON WAS ALIVE SO HE THEN REALIZED HIS SON WAS A FAILURE SO HE MADE A ROBOT SON (see Jetsons) AFTER THIS ROBO SON GREW AND NEEDED MORE GEARS THE WIZARD STARTED TO HAVE WEIRD FEELINGS FEELINGS OF SHAME AND SEXUALITY.
THE WIZARDS OLDER SON BEGAN GETTING JELIOUS SO HE STARTED DRESSING LIKE A WOMAN AND EVENTUALLY GOT A GENDER CHANGE BUT THERE IS MORE ABOUT HIM IN ANOTHER STORY.
ANYWAY AFTER THE WIZARD ON ROBO-SON SEXTING THE ROBOT DECIDED HE WANTED A SOUL. SO THE WIZARD GAVE HIM A RING TO BRING TO MOUNT DUNE. WELL THE ROBOT MEET A DWARF WHO LIKED TO BEAT HIS SAUSAGE ON THE BANKS OF THE RIVER. AND THEY JOURNED ON TO THE HILLS OF MOUNT DUNE. BUT QUICKLY THEY REALIZED THAT THEY NEEDED THE SPICE AND WHO CONTROLLED THE SPICE CONTROLLED THE UNIVERSE. SO THEY CONTACTED DRITZT WHO IS AWESOME! AND THE THREE OF THEM STOLE A AIRSHIP AND WENT ON A EPIC QUEST TO FIND THE FOUR CRYSTALS.
SO FINALLY DRITZ DECIDED THAT IT WAS TIME TO GO HOME BUT WAIT THEY STILL HAD TO GET THE RING AND STUFF SO THEY DECIDED TO GIVE IT TO A HOBIT WHICH IS ANOTHER STORY.
SO MR. ROBOTO DIDN'T GET HIS SOUL BUT REALIZED THAT HE DIDN'T NEED A SOUL BECAUSE HE WOULD STILL BE ALONE. SO HE WENT INTO A VILLAGE AND STARTED A WHORE HOUSE. IN THIS WHORE HOUSE HE BREED WITH ALL THE PROSTITUTES AND HAD 1000'S OF ROBO-BABIES WHO DID HAVE SOULS BECASUE THEY DEVOURED THEIR MOTHERS SOUL AFTER THEY LEFT THE WOUMD.
ANYWAY THESE ROBO BABIES WERE HIRED FOR A WAR AND THEY KICKED ASS. BUT THEY WERE TREATED AS BASTARDS AFTER THAT AND GOT ALL PISSED OFF. NOW THE ROBO BABIES WANT TO MAKE MORE ROBO BABIES WITH ROBO BABES AND NOT BE MOLESTED BY THEIR GRANDFATHER WIZARD.
THE END

>> No.20438951

>>20438939
They're probably immortal. Like they can suffer injury and die and maybe they could get diseases in the 'soft tissue' internal part of them, or that could weather and snap in places or whatever, but other than that I think they're immortal.

>> No.20438953

>>20438889
Is that a swashbuckler warforged? How can you not want to be one of these guys? One of my friends was a bear warrior once, it was hilarious when he turned into a bear. He was basically a transformer.

>> No.20438955

>>20438948
I wish this was funny.

>> No.20438960

>>20438939
If they're well-maintained, they just get more knowledgeable and experienced. If they're not, they also start breaking down, rusting, that kind of thing.

>> No.20438978

Eberron's big on 'soldiers without a war', actually, it's one of the themes of the setting. All those pseudo-Mongol elves are in the same boat. Same with the Hobgoblins, I suppose.

>> No.20438979

>>20438889
Playing some warforged who fakes an excentric pimp personality to appear more human would be cool.

>> No.20438991

I wonder how would a warforged country look like.
What values, form of organisation, society would pop up.

>> No.20438999

>>20438978
Plus all of those human soldiers who are very much akin to soldiers returning home from WWI.

>> No.20439000

>>20438732
Don't you mean... *egregious* use of word groups?

>> No.20439008

>>20438991
Lord of Blades is trying to do it.

>> No.20439010

>>20438948
Sir, are you having some kind of stroke?

Should I call for medical attention?

>> No.20439014

What would a warforged lich look like?

>> No.20439019

>>20438991
So far, the closest thing that exists to that is the Lord of Blades and his terrorists. Their short-term goal is to live in a shanty town made of scrap metal because they don't need any more than that. Their medium-term goal is to destabilize all world governments. Their long-term goal is to kill all meat bags.

It's a motherfucking utopia, amirite?

>> No.20439027

>>20438991
Check out the Lord of Blades and his Warforged "utopia". It's basically one big clusterfuck of machine purity philosophy and racism against organics.

It's also located in a radioactive desert, because they figure no fleshies will be dumb enough to come after them there.

>> No.20439028

>>20439014
Metal skeleton. They do still have a skeletal structure, it's just different from the norm.

>> No.20439030

>>20439014
It wouldn't. Constructs can't become liches, even constructs with the 'living' subtype. Of course, if your GM says they can, well, that's up to him.

>> No.20439032

>>20438999
Yeah, of course.

>>20439014
Constructs can't become undead, so it's a moot point. I'd allow it because it's cool though. Probably the outer shell of metal would be all that remained, all rusted and decayed, with necromantic energy burning inside.

>> No.20439046

>>20439014
Probably like a warforged with all the organic components rotted out of him, leaving only a rusted and cracked (but still surprisingly resilient) metal shell. There might also be a glow coming from the cracks in his armor, or even visible runes on the inside if you cared to get close enough.

Of course this is all assuming that warforged can become undead, which I don't think is the case.

>> No.20439077

>>20438978
But aren't Hobgoblins all about being the best of the goblinoids?
Don't they have like two nation? One with a bit more other goblinoids than just Hobgoblins.

>> No.20439092

>>20439019
>>20439027
So warforged nazis?

>> No.20439098

>>20439077
The Llesh Haruuc has united goblinoids to make a kingdom, and there is Hobgoblin superiority there, yeah, but they've really just seized the opportunity as mercenaries in the end of the Last War. Nobody wants to go to war again right now, or rather is insane enough to, so Darguun gets to exist and be recognized.

It is Hobgoblins + Goblins + Bugbears yeah.

>> No.20439106

>>20439092
No, they live in a fucking shanty city. They're more like Muslim terrorists living in the middle of bumfuck nowhere but wanting to destroy the US.

>> No.20439115

>>20439106
Except they're all like inexhaustible metal monsters.

>> No.20439117

There are Woeforged, which are vaguely mentioned. They're basically undead warforged.

>> No.20439122

>>20439092
If Hitler had been seven feet tall and covered in adamantine spikes, he and the Lord of Blades would be perfectly interchangeable.

>> No.20439124

>>20439117
>Moeforged

>> No.20439130

>>20439115
Okay, fair point. They're like what I said before, but without need to eat or sleep and with metal skin. Still not much like Nazis.

>> No.20439133

>>20439124

>> No.20439135

WF and Lichs?

""Lich" is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature)"

WF are Constructs with the "Living Construct"-Subtype.

Case closed.

>> No.20439145

>>20439135
Only if you have no imagination and don't think a Warforged lich would be pretty damn cool.

>> No.20439159

>>20439145
Not the guy you were talking to, but I think he was arguing Rules As Written, in which case he's 100% right. However, Rule 0 is that the DM can make up whatever they want. It would be super nifty to make a warforged lich, even if it's not technically possible according to the rules.

>> No.20439176

>>20439145
>>20439159
It would have to be different than a lich, even if it was called the same. Some unique thing. I'm not sure if there is anything about warforged mechanically that causes a problem with lichdom though, so it may only be a matter of adapting fluff.

>> No.20439197

>>20439106
Damn, I was hoping for Warforged Outer Heaven led by Metal Big Boss.

>> No.20439201

>>20439092
>>20439106
>>20439115

Lord of Blades is Magneto.

That's pretty much the conclusion of this line of conversation.

>> No.20439212

>>20439201
That's a better comparison. If the Lord of Blades was a wizard, it would be the perfect comparison, really. I don't know if I've ever seen it mentioned what his class is, though.

>> No.20439219

>>20439159

Rule 0 is best rule. Unless you are a rule nazi. Then you will spend my games being rustled by my blatant disregard for RAW.

>> No.20439222

>>20439212
In 3e, something stupid like Fighter 2/Artificer 5/Warforged Juggernaut 5.

In 4e, he has his own stats.

>> No.20439224

>>20439212
Some 3.5 stats were out, he's a combination artificer/fighter/warforged juggernaut

>> No.20439262

Yes, but long ago in a distant land
The Dhakaani, a mighty hobgoblin tribe
UNITED AN UNUTTERABLE EMPIRE
But the foolish Elves-- and the Xoriak
stepped forth to oppose them

Once the final blow'd been struck
they tore open their Empire in War
And flung their race to the future
where Lhesh Haruuc is law!
Now the fools seek to return to the past
AND RE-DO THE EMPIRE THAT IS
DHAKAANI

>> No.20439264

>>20439176
Ferrolich

>> No.20439265

Warfogred lost a lot of distinct feel in 4e (though a lot of races did really), and i'm curious how they're going to handle them in 5e. That's assuming the grognard direction they're taking things doesn't phase them out.

>> No.20439280

>>20439265
>Warfogred lost a lot of distinct feel in 4e
How about not turning this into an edition war? I disagree, and think this is pure grognardism. Let's just talk about fucking warforged.

>> No.20439319

One of my more successful characters was a warforged. The whole tireless aspect (And a banner of no retreat) worked hilariously well for a Fighter/Paladin gestalt. Not the stupid pick-two-classes-per-level kind the RAW seems to assume. Pick two, stick with em. Prestiges still apply. Cuthbert smiles on his warriors who can hustle forever without getting tired and land on things like a ton of angry bricks.

>> No.20439438

Last time I played a warforged, my character got seperated from the rest of the group via a whole clusterfuck of trying to get to the other side of the country in a under a week. When he realised there were no horses left and that he had been left behind, he basically decided "Fuck it, I'm sprinting there."

So he sprinted across a country and arrived before most of the other players.

>> No.20439444

>>20439265

Warforged are easy enough to stat but need pinning to a setting much more than other races. Elves/dwarves/goblins just sort of slot in anywhere, but warforged...

This would be my take on the warforged race:

Warforged live both above and below ground in small semi-nomadic communities which they call Units. Each Unit will number between 30 and 200 individuals, although Units smaller than 100 will often merge. The warforged are driven to put their Unit above all things, although they will usually have close friends from other Units.

This is at its most important during a Forging, where new warforged are created. Over time each Unit will produce bodies - which they regard as completely inanimate (albeit precious) objects. Once or twice per year the commanders of the strongest Units will call for a Forging where The warforged will gather from all over the world, bringing their crafted shells to be born.

It is thought that a small number of warforged artificiers are the only ones who can complete the Forging ritual, hence the need to gather in one place. This is false, however, as at least two individuals of each Unit will be entrusted with this secret. The reason for gathering is in fact for safety: Units which attempt a Forging on their own are not only vulnerable to outside attack but the Forging ritual itself is thought to be extremely dangerous.

>> No.20439447

>>20439280
I am talking about warforged, and am currently playing one in a 4e campaign. Compared to 3.5 a lot of flavor is lost, due to the fact that flavor isn't 100% fluff, it needs rule support to add to the feel. Do be specific, in the current campaign no one even responds to the fact that I'm a warforged (in faerun) anymore, mechanically and story wise I could as easily be a goliath or minotaur.

Comparing one aspect of two editions isn't grognardism, saying "Oldways is best" is. On that note, 5e is taking the "Oldways is best" direction. Which I don't think bodes well for our beloved warforged.

>> No.20439519

>>20439262
Eberron hobgoblins and orcs are awesome, lots of substance.

In Eberron, Beholders were created as artillery by the daelkyr lords of Xoriat because they were getting their ass kicked by the hobgoblin soldiers of the Dhakaani Empire, and it still wasn't enough.

>> No.20439541

There should be a feat for warforged to turn into chariots, carts and ornithopters

>> No.20439545

>>20438978
>>Eberron's big on 'soldiers without a war', actually, it's one of the themes of the setting.

The original title for the setting was "Warforged".

>> No.20439546

>>20439444

Warforged individuals will vary wildly, although there is some consistency in their relations with the other races.

Warforged maintain strong ties and a deep admiration for the dwarves, whom they respect as both fighters and engineers. They have a professional and generally positive relationship with the gnomes - who are rumoured to have built the first warforged - but gnomes and 'forged enjoy each other's company best in small doses. They share interests with the elves such as magic, monster lore, and riddles/word games. Warforged are wary of humans, whose peoples are vast, disorganised and undisciplined. Their experienced soldiers, military leaders and talented craftsmen however will always command a warforged's respect.

Against enemies who are often seen to be foes, the warforged bear almost no animosity in times of peace. This is the cause for worry in some circles, fearing that the warforged could easily change sides or simply serve the highest bidder. These fears have so far proved unfounded, as any organised warforged force has always thrown its lot in against evil.

>> No.20439558

Artificer warforged are god-tier i swear.

>> No.20439577

>>20439558
Yes, they are, since they can work on crafting and such when other races are sleeping.

>> No.20439578

>>20439519

Kind of the other way around. The Hobgoblins were barely holding their own against the Daelkyr, who liked turning creatures into abominations for shits and giggles.

Even after the Daelkyr were defeated- which required the intervention of Orc druids to banish the entire plane- the Goblin empire was so badly damaged that it eventually succumbed to in fighting and collapse.

>> No.20439595

>>20439577
well not only that but the buffs artificers cast on their machines,in this case, can work on themself because the character is a machine.

>> No.20439600

>>20439577
And they can give their own bodies magic weapons powers. Nothing says, "Fuck You," quite like giving your fist the Brilliant Energy property and ripping your opponent's heart out through his breast plate.

>> No.20439615

>>20439541
>freedom is the right of all sentient beings

>> No.20439622

>>20439600
The issue with Brilliant Energy in a setting like Eberron is that it doesn't affect nonliving matter, like constructs and undead. It's also a really bad idea to enchant yourself with it, since that could render you unable to do things like pick up objects or not-fall-through-the-world.

>> No.20439633

Warforged monk is awesome.
You get things like not geting old, immune to disease and poison and stuff thanks to monk class.

>> No.20439643

>>20439633
Better yet, take Vow of Poverty. Then your warforged won't even need to breathe!

Oh, wait...

>> No.20439645

>>20439633
Don't forget that, while Mithril Body and Adamantine Body count as armor for the purpose of monk class features, the default Composite Plating doesn't.

>> No.20439652

>>20439633

Warforged monk is awesome.
You get to take levels in Rogue, paint yourself black and be the goddamn Batman.

>> No.20439660

>>20439578
They held the Daelkyr at bay for One Thousand Years.
The Druids banished them, yes.
The Empire collapsed in Civil War, yes.
But they held for One Thousand Years.

>> No.20439669

>>20439643
Don't take Vow of Poverty ever.

>> No.20439670

>>20439652
i am the construct this world deserves
not the construct this world needs

>> No.20439687

>>20439669
vow of poverty for monks is quite usefull, if your DM allows it...the monk, i mean. Is a fucking broken class...so overpowered.

>> No.20439692

>Be Warforged Monk.
>Wear a red scarf.
>Take the feat Flying Kick.
>Charge the enemy.
Riiiiideeeeer Kiiiiiiick!

>> No.20439706

>>20439687
>so overpowered
Only at middle levels.

>> No.20439713

>>20439687
Oh, you. I bet you'll get some people who think you're serious too.

>> No.20439717

>>20439687
Not even 1/10.

>> No.20439738

>>20439717
>>20439713
>implying a monk can't atatatatatatatatata everything forever

>> No.20439752

>>20439738
Heh, yeah, it's a good joke. I bet you could get some people unfamiliar with the math behind how 3.5 works to agree. You, sir, are a class act. Absolutely delightful.

>> No.20439780

The only reason to take Vow of Poverty is if your DM makes it a requirement to become a Saint. Then, and only then, should you even consider it.

>> No.20439799

>>20439780
Or if you're playing in a setting where mundane wealth can't buy you magic items, where magic is rare, exotic, and something that will only rarely be acquired over the course of play. Then it's worth it.

>> No.20439832

>>20439799

Ultra low/no magic settings shouldn't allow vow of poverty for that exact reason as a rule of thumb. Of course, i'd let the whole party know and if they overrule me well, it's them i try and protect from being left behind by another player, or help the newbie/scrub as much as i can days in advance.

Alright, to summarise my stance, no, unless the party is okay with it and understand the implications.

>> No.20439843

>>20439832
That's a reasonable and fair stance to have.

>> No.20439857

I made a Warforged Paladin once. It's story was it was being built for a war but the war ended on the day it was built. This made it so angry it became a Paladin of War and wanted to start another war.

>> No.20439873

>>20439857
Just making sure, but that's 4e, right? I don't think that's a valid motive for a paladin in 3.5.

>> No.20439879

doesn't vop work well with the magic of incarnum classes?

>> No.20439888

>>20439265
This is funny because 4e races are far more unique mechanically and changing rules doesn't change fluff. Perhaps what you meant to say is "using Warforged in settings other than Eberron" but that happens/can happen in either edition?

>>20438829
Warforged have had a tough lot. They were "born" right out of the forge with basic knowledge and physical aptitude - they knew how to fight, how to walk, talk, from the moment they were born, but they had zero experience in how to use these things.

From the forge, they went to training, straight to training, do not pass Go. They were taught to be soldiers, to not get emotional, but to have camaraderie with their fellows.

Warforged do not actually die when you break them - they just shut down until you repair them (in either edition, mechanically supported), so one of their first things learned in training is that getting hurt HURTS. They can actually feel when you break off a metal part. In fact, all their metal parts are warm to the touch, like a person (creeps a lot of people out).

Another first lesson? They get taken to negative hit points and "shut down", then an artificer repairs them and they wake back up and they basically go "you didn't like that much did you? Try to avoid getting made dead, right?".

They are killed, then brought back to life, to be taught that it sucks.

>> No.20439906

>>20439879

Yeah. But the primary reason for this is the alternative systems aren't balanced against eachother or were really designed to be mixed and matched. The idea is you use one system in a campaign, or another. Now. No one does that because thats a bit boring, but yes. They work together unless the DM rules they violate the vow through additional magical effects replicating magical items. Thats a bit of a dick move to spring, but i suppose if you make this a clear rule prior to running no one has chance to be buttman that their munchkinery was cockblocked because honestly, that kind of rule mix/matching is munchkinnery.

>> No.20439919

>>20439888
So all throughout their lives, they're told what to do. Every hour of every day is scheduled FOR them. They are told when training is, when to sharpen their swords, where to march, when to charge into battle. They take their own initiative in battle once they are there - they don't have to be commanded to route and enemy in retreat, for instance (part of the original purpose was to build constructs that actually thought, didn't just unerringly do what they were told and only what they were told) - but their entire lives they were told what to do, who the enemy was, and where to go.

Then the war ended, and they were just released. Here ya go. There is the world. What do you do?

This was FUCKING CONFUSING AS SHIT I can imagine, because then they could do whatever they want, suddenly, without any adaptation. Anybody that has experience boot camp can understand what having zero personal freedom is like - having that your entire life, and then suddenly, you can go pick flowers if you want?

So most (properly played) Warforged are trying to find their place in the world. They were build for war, but now they just get to figure out what not-war is like and what they should do.

Properly RPed, they make -awesome- characters (same with most characters made in the Eberron setting).

>> No.20439929

>>20439873


Yep, it was 4th ed. But I think 3.5 has a thing called a Paladin of Tyranny or something scary sounding that lets Paladins be evil.

>> No.20439951

>>20439919
Yeah, I absolutely agree. I usually play warforged like someone from the real world military having a hard time transitioning back into civilian life, but dialed up to 11. Obviously, this can manifest in any number of different, interesting ways.

>> No.20439965

>>20439951
so full metal panic?

>> No.20439968

>>20439929

UA has 3 additional paladin variants. Paladin of Freedom (CG), paladin of tyranny (LE) and Paladin of Slaugher (CE). I'm currently playing a human Paladin of Slaughter with the DM giving me an alignment step towards hextor, so NE like a cleric gets. Levels in Barb too. Building a temple and took over a town in bumfuck nowhere to brainwash. Playing Civ in DnD is fun as all hell.

Aside from those rulebreaks rest is SRD rules only.

>> No.20439997

>>20439643
Wait, with Vow of Poverty you don't need to breath? fuck, i need that feat for my Air Genasie rogue.

Fuck, so many possibilities

>> No.20440059

>>20439997

>Vow of Poverty
>Rouge
>MFW

>> No.20440074

>>20440059
>rouge
>mfw

>> No.20440079

>>20439951
>I usually play warforged like someone from the real world military having a hard time transitioning back into civilian life, but dialed up to 11.

>> No.20440117

There is a disturbing lack of Warforged art in this thread.

>> No.20440125

Warforged cancer mage

Best build ever.

>> No.20440132

>>20440117
There's a disturbing overabundance of sword in that warforged's hand.

>> No.20440163

>>20440079
Next time I play a warforged, I'm basing it on this character. Straight up.

>> No.20440197

>>20440163
I'm not familiar with the character. Where's he from?

>> No.20440201

>>20440132
You mean there's a disturbing lack of hand in his sword?

>> No.20440208

This is going to be my party face

>> No.20440214

>>20440201
There's a disturbing lack of wrist in that sword fighting.

>> No.20440242

>> No.20440254

>>20440214
Now you're just being picky.

>> No.20440264

>>20440254
Have you ever tried to fight with a sword strapped to your forearm instead of on a hand with a nice, torque-producing wrist? It doesn't work very well.

>> No.20440266

>>20440197
He's from the movie Soldier. It's great and you absolutely should watch it.

>> No.20440276

>>20440197
>He's never seen Soldier

>> No.20440277

>>20440266
Will do.

>> No.20440289

>>20440264
All the time.
It's quite easy when most other people don't have weapons on them.

>> No.20440293

i love my warforged monk.

>> No.20440317

The oldest Warforged are known as Quorforged.

These Quorforged as ancient warforged made by the Quori thousands and thousands of years before any of the houses. They were make to fight the Giants during the peak of the giants empire on Xen'drik

>> No.20440344

>>20440317
ok...

>> No.20440346

>>20440317
Neat!

>> No.20440356

/tg/ i need your help, may i ask for pics for my warforged lycanthrope?

>> No.20440372

>>20440356
Since by RAW warforged cannot even become lycanthropes, no. No, I don't.

>> No.20440380

>>20440372
they're immune to supernatural disseases?

>> No.20440381

>>20440356
I've got a Warforged punching a Lycanthrope.
Does that help?

>> No.20440386

>>20440380
Yes. Aside from that, lycanthropy only affects humanoids.

>> No.20440387

>>20440356
...Can warforged even become lycanthropes? Do they turn into warforged wolf things?

What about Warforged vampires? That could be pretty awesome.

>> No.20440392

>>20440372
wat?...well, they i should go with dampyr warforged or full vampire. But the ECL is going to hurt as fuck.

>> No.20440396

>>20440386
>only afects humans
>he doesn't know that affects elves, giants and other races
Learn your D&D

>> No.20440400

>>20439444
STEALING!

>> No.20440405

>>20440396
I said 'humanoid,' as in the creature type 'humanoid,' which contains humans, elves, dwarves, goblinoids, and so forth. Giants have their own type and are unaffected.

>> No.20440407

>>20440392
Warforged can't become undead either

>> No.20440408

>>20440317
Additional information

Quorforged are not sentiant like Warforged. They were made as empty shells to fight and do battle, but durring the last days of the old war the Quori started infusing their souls into Docents so they could take control of Quorforged bodies.

There were many different types of Quorforged as well, scounts, the normal style of Warforged bodies, and Juggernauts to name a few.

The largest Quori creation forge known is in the i Isle of forgotten dreams. It is still operational though at a stand by, its great gates lay locked to those without a seal hidden away on the cluster of islands.

>> No.20440417

>>20440387

In my setting warforged are animated by summoning a soul and binding it to the body. They cannot become vampires or undead, but they can sort-of be Necromancers.

>> No.20440418

>>20440405
what about half-giants?

>> No.20440424

>>20440408
Correction, its the Restless Isles, not the Isles of forgotten dreams (thats another Quori site)

>> No.20440433

>>20440418
They're of the Humanoid type, if I remember correctly, so they could become lycanthropes.

>> No.20440436

>>20440405
there's a werebear half-giant (race) in the monster manual...explain that.

>> No.20440438

>>20440386
>>20440387
>>20440396
It only affects humanoids and giants.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

Likewise, the vampire template only applies to humanoids and monstrous humanoids.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm

You could play a thri-kreen vampire, but not a warforged one. Sorry.

>> No.20440451

>>20440433
correction, wereboar hill giant

>> No.20440552

>>20440438
>to be a vampire you must be either augmented humanoid or monstruos humanoid
So you can be a vampire werewolf?

>> No.20440555

>>20440400

Here you go then, some possible plot hooks based on what I've written.

1) The party hears of a holy weapon which an orc champion seeks to find and corrupt. They explore the ancient tomb to find a greatsword: they will immediately assume that this is the holy weapon. It is a normal +1 Greatsword. The holy weapon is in fact a warforged paladin, sealed within a stone sarcophagus. They save it/him from the orc champion and can help him find a Unit to join.

2) The party have (possibly through 1, possibly through having a member) gained the trust of a warforged Unit which is unconventional without being renegade. They seek to create new 'forged on their own, without gathering at the Forging, but they need your help. Possible objectives:
- Collect some rare materials for the Master Artificier.
- Negotiate with local traders for basic materials.
- "Negotiate" with local bandits/goblins/orcs to buy some breathing room.
- Help conduct a ritual to ward off invading spirits during the Forging.

When things get going the Master Artificer moves from warforged to warforged, pouring holy oil into their mouths and generally casting a mish-mash of divine and arcane magic. Evil spirits will attempt to invade and to seize the empty bodies for themselves. Roll d20 for each warforged created, on a 1 it is possessed and attacks the party. On a 2 to 5 it is insane and may be dangerous or safe each round. On a 6 to 10 the body is flawed and cannot be used (or the magic fails).

The Forging process weakens the barriers between worlds. Monsters like Shadows may appear or anything else undead and incorporeal. If your players are of high enough level then the barrier may be broken completely by a small force of demons/devils.

>> No.20440575

>>20440552
mygoditsfullofstars.jpeg

>> No.20440578

>>20440552
You can turn a werewolf into a vampire, yes. Not the other way around, obviously.

>> No.20440613

>>20440552
no, Vamparism and lycanthropy are both curses and as such cancle each other out.

>> No.20440625

how many templates could you shove into a character?

>> No.20440626

>>20440578
you cannot turn a werewolf into a vampire though. The lycanthropy curse causes them to become immune to the vampires curse.

>> No.20440637

>>20440625
A lot.

>> No.20440664

>vampire werewolf lich zombie celestial half-dragon halfling.
why i can't hold all of this LA

>> No.20440703

>>20440664

Would Skeletal stack with that or would it conflict with Zombie?

>> No.20440722

>>20440703
Neither skeleton nor zombie could fit on that stack at all if vampire is going to be on it. Those can only apply to living creatures.

>> No.20440729

>>20440722
For that matter, vampire and lich can't stack.

>> No.20440855

>>20440578
>>20440613
>>20440626

You could turn a lycanthrope into a vampire, yes. However, the vampire template changes the character's type to Undead, which means the character would lose the lycanthrope template.

>> No.20440875

>>20440729
They can, but its a special kind of stacking. You have to use the splash books Tome and Blood or Libris Mortis. Theres a prestige class in them called the Pale Master. In which you can be a lich and take upon yourself the shroud of a vampire. While it doesnt make you a vampire it gives you their stength along which a touch attack that drains life and blood from your enemy.

So you can be a 1/2 dragon 1/2 halfling, Lich shrouded in the shroud of a vampire.

Thats the closest I can get to that for the one guy

>> No.20440896

>>20440855
Which edition are you using? In 2nd Ed AD&D it says Lycanthorpy cancles out Vamparism in the Ravenloft setting books. which I would think hold true for all vampires and werecreatures even outside of ravenloft.

>> No.20440977

>>20440896
Given this started as a warforged thread, I'm talking about 3.5.

>> No.20440992

>>20440977
Well if we sticking to Eberron then its extremelly unlikely that a werecreater would ever meet a vampire since werecreaters are nearly extinct. The point in moot

>> No.20441031

>>20440992
creature**

Iv gone fullretard today

>> No.20441204

>>20440855
>>the vampire template changes the character's type to Undead, which means the character would lose the lycanthrope template.

Incorrect. Applying a template to a creature does not automatically remove any existing templates unless it specifically says so. In this case, the vampire template specifically says the base creature retains all special attacks and abilities.

On the flip side, a vampire cannot become a lycanthrope because only humanoids and monstrous humanoids can be afflicted with lycanthropy.

>>20440992
I don't know, Droaam is pretty wild. I could definitely see some vampires setting up shop there.

>> No.20441240

>>20441204
A creature with the Undead type is ineligible for the lycanthrope template. Er go, you lose the benefits of any template you're ineligible for.

It's really very straightforward.

>> No.20441303

>>20441240
Nope. That's not how it works, RAW. You don't retroactively lose abilities unless something specifically says so. You might lose the "shapeshifter" sub-type but that only grants proficiency, not abilities.

The game only cares when the template is applied, not what the creature subsequently becomes.

>> No.20441350

>>20441204
>only humanoids and monstrous humanoids
incorrect.
only augmented humanoids and monstrous humanoids...so.

>> No.20441364

>>20441240
>er go
it's ergo

>> No.20441373

>>20441240
ergo is one word

>> No.20441421

>>20441350
counts Shapechanger as augmented?

>> No.20441454

>>20441350
Undead are not humanoids or monstrous humanoids. End of story. If you're looking at the SRD line
>>The creature’s type changes to undead (augmented humanoid or monstrous humanoid).
The SRD is badly written because a creature can't be an undead AND a humanoid/monstrous humanoid. A vampire's base-type is undead. Lycanthropy only affects creatures with the base-type humanoid and monstrous humanoid.

>> No.20441553

Let me get this straight

Lycanthropy only affects to humanoid and giant....then it turns to Shapechanger humanoid. Could then a shapechanger humanoid turn into a vampire?

>> No.20441589

>>20441553
Correct except for one detail. It's Humanoid (Shapechanger) since shapechanger is a sub-type.

>> No.20441592

>>20441553
No, it turns them into Humanoid (Shapechanger) or, for Giants, Giant (Shapechanger). Their type is unchanged, they just gain a subtype. They could then become a vampire because they are still a Humanoid, though Giants would be unable to become vampires as normal.

>> No.20441766

is any reason why vampirism only affects to humanoids, the same with lycanthropy (and giants)?

>> No.20441807

>>20441766
Because it says so in the rules. That's the only reason.

>> No.20441858

>>20441766
MAGIC!

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action