Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.19919839 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I have a 1000 point game today /tg/ against a DE player and then right after that a Space Marine player with no chance to re do a list or grab more troops.

Here is what I have.

Company Command Squad: Medic, Regimental Standard, Plasma gunner, Vox, 2 Bodyguards, Master of Ordnance and the squad has Carapace Armor.

The commander has a power weapon and a bolt Pistol.

Platoon Command Squad: Vox, Missile Launcher, Flamer

Commander has power weapon and bolt pistol.

3-10 man guardsmen squads, attached with Commissar and one vox. Combined squads make them a blob of 30, vox operates for entire squad and commissar will ensure that if LD is taken, he will only pop a sergeant.

Heavy Weapons Platoon: one autocannon, one heavy bolter and one missile Launcher.

Vets: Vox, Heavy Flamer,2 Melta guns and grenadiers doctrine loaded into a chimera with storm bolter, dozer blade, extra armor. Veteran Sergeant has a power weapon and plasma pistol.

Leman Russ Battle Tank: hull Lascannon, Stubber, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour.

Total Points is 1002.

Will I be able to take down both a DE player, and the right after a Space Marine player? Any suggestions?

Anything Tactics wise I need to know before sending my guys to wither glory or defeat?

>> No.19919902

will bump with pictures I guess

>> No.19919916

>> No.19919933

>>19919839

Private! Why are you out of uniform? Why are you carrying a loaded weapon in my head? Why hasn't anyone kicked your ass for either?

>> No.19919966

>>19919933

"Sorry commander... maybe you can punish me later? tee hee"

but seriously... anyone want to talk about my list...or what campaign im in...or even question my sexuality or prowess in bed?

>> No.19919993

>>19919966

why would we question you on such things? You're a frustrated submissive bisexual. All of you are. Why else you play 40k?

>> No.19920019

>>19919993

Im a MARRIED WITH CHILDREN frustrated submissive bisexual. And dont you forget it.

Why do I play 40k? I like playing with the things I collect.

>> No.19920026

>>19919839
>power weapons
they aren't going to do much for you. I'd suggest keeping them as regular CCWs

>Master of Ordnance
>Medic
won't really do much for you. I'd suggest trying to fit another special or heavy weapon into the squad

>guardsman blob
no special or heavy weapons in here? At least grab some flamers or something

>heavy weapons
mixing weapons like that.. isn't a great idea.

>vets
power weapons really aren't going to help you much.

>> No.19920068

>>19920026

Ok, no power weapons...thats a save of 20 points.

Feel no pain and a pie plate every turn isnt good anymore?

With no power weapons I could fit a few flamers or even grenade launchers... but I was looking at doing A massed shoot out with the First Rank FIRE! Second Rank FIRE! order.

Should I go with three autocannons then?

>> No.19920069

>>19920019

frustrated asperging submissive bisexual manchild IN DENIAL.

My apologies for the slight mistake, Anon.

>> No.19920085

>>19920069

In denial? in denial of what? I agreed with you, just added the fact I got kids and a wife.

>> No.19920086

power weapons are for guardsman blobs. make your weapons team the same weapon, autocannon preferable for those DE. Medic on the CCS isnt worth it unless you take all plasmas in that squad. Power weapons and bolt pistols for the commanders are wasted points because they dont want cc anyways and a bolt pistol would be better spent on something like a flamer. CCS is better off with a heavy weapon than the PCS. the PCS is better used as a pocket of flame or melta. Storm bolter and dozer blades are unecessary for the veterans. Sergeant doestn need either of those upgrades. Sponsons waste points on the russ, it would be better off with a heavy flamer than the cannon imo. Extra armor is unecessary for it. Pack some more heavy weapons in the blob, autocannon preferable, and some hws with these saved points.

>> No.19920125

>>19920086

hmmmm..ok.From the two legit replies I got, no power weapons, ditch the medic, reconstruct the vehicles, MOAR AUTOCANNONS.

Im going to disagree with putting HW in the blob. If I was running three separate squads then yes.

>> No.19920149

anyone else?

>> No.19920249

Ask yourself what your troops will be doing and equip them acordingly.

>Platoon Command Squad: Vox, Missile Launcher, Flamer
Give them a grenade launcher instead of a flamer, long range heavy weapons don't mix well with short range assault weapons.

>3-10 man guardsmen squads, attached with Commissar and one vox. Combined squads make them a blob of 30, vox operates for entire squad and commissar will ensure that if LD is taken, he will only pop a sergeant.
Special weapons are your friends, I'd say grenade launchers, flamers or meltas. WIth meltas you can shoot their transports and charge those small deldar/marines with 30 dudes. Unless they changed the shoot transport and charge it's passengers rules. The two former are just more cheap dakka.

>Heavy Weapons Platoon: one autocannon, one heavy bolter and one missile Launcher.
Again, you need to know what to do with your units, anyway these guys will do a great work popping frail deldar transports or just drowning exposed squads in dakka.

Field too damn long.

>> No.19920255

Can any one explain to me the Psyker Rules as well...Im confused.

>> No.19920261

>>19920249
>Vets: Vox, Heavy Flamer,2 Melta guns and grenadiers doctrine loaded into a chimera with storm bolter, dozer blade, extra armor. Veteran Sergeant has a power weapon and plasma pistol.
Screw the carapace, you have a transport, get demolitions instead and shoot fuckers from your chimera, it has enough firing points to use all your special weapons, plasma pistol and demo charge from the safety of a transport. If you swap your heavy flamer for a melta you will get a more specialized anti transport and heavy infantry squad. Mixing flamers with demo charges will just let your opponent put all the unsaveable wounds on the same guys. Against deldar the heavy flamer will be better but I'd put those heavy flamers in other squads, like your command squads.

>Leman Russ Battle Tank: hull Lascannon, Stubber, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour.
This seems fine, I'd probably skip the dozer blade, but that's up to you.

And your power weapons won't make much difference, better chance just gunning them down.

But, you could definately pull a victory with what you got.

Deldar transports are shooty and fast and they will unload dudes that will fuck you up fast. Best to blow them up fast and dump their passangers in the midfield. Remember that the new rules mean that your templates always hit vehicles with full strength, so that battle cannon and demo charge will fuck their vehicles up too. Generally keep your units close enough to each other that they can support each other. One of your units just got butchered in CC? Good thing you have two to three squads within rapid fire range. Don't have much experriance against marines.

>> No.19920305

>>19920249
>>19920261

You sir not only validated what the other two said, but you put it in a way that I liked and followed easily for some strange reason.

Take all my internets good sir. All of them.

>> No.19920319

>>19920305
Thanks

>> No.19920337

>>19919839

She'd be cute if it wasn't for the giant pimples on her breasts and shoulder.

>> No.19920342

>>19920255

Psykers wear dresses

What's hard to understand?

>> No.19920371

>>19920337

Pretty sure thats camera glare...but im not too sure.

>>19920342
I...I mean the rules in 6th...mastery levels, warp charges.... the different specializations...

>> No.19920392

>>19920371

Dresses

>> No.19920445

>>19920392

Sure...why not... Explain to me why everyhting is because of dresses.

>> No.19920487

>>19920445

There are red dresses but there are also pink dresses

With lots of frills

>> No.19920509

>>19920487

You actually dont know anything do you....

>> No.19920520

>>19920509

I know they wear dresses

>> No.19920581

>>19920520

Do you know anything else?

>> No.19921766

>>19920019

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action