Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.19080309 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Sup /tg/
I need to access your library-mind of knowledge. This time regarding the Blood Ravens. I am currently in the process of building up and painting a blood raven army on commission for a friend of mine, who wants a post-aurelian army i.e. the DoW2 hero units. So far I am sort of settled with the main ones, Thaddeus, Tarkus, Thule, Cyrus and Martellus, with plans to make a model for Angelos and the nameless captain, but I am having trouble filling some other gaps.
I am using all my old marines, and I had access to a large number of dreadnoughts. One such dread is a venerable. I already have Thule, so I was looking into other chapter heros.

My studies have shown that chaplain Mikelus died, and that captain Trythos, after whom a ton of dread relics are named, "fell" on tartarus.
Just wondering if anybody knows any other suitable characters to dread up with?

Dumping pics from my meager selection til then, and if i can find my camera, a couple pics of my works in progress.

>> No.19080348

>> No.19080356

>> No.19080361

>>19080309

>> No.19080364

Boreale never died in Kaurava. Tales of his death are nought but lies promulgated by the great Spess Mehreen's arch-nemesis Cyrus.

>> No.19080381

Man its hard to keep a thread bumped by yourself.
Perhaps I should wait a bit...

>> No.19080394

The list of blood ravens with names that aren't dead is painfully small. Good luck with trying to get a dreadnought worthy guy.

Saying that though, they give out terminator honours like it was candy.

>> No.19080420

Turns out I lost all my images in 'nam or something, so i'm finding it painfully slow to bump with my own things.

>> No.19080442

I suppose you could have Diomedes in the honour guard instead of as a captain if you want a bit more diversity.

>> No.19080450

What you need, OP, is an image dump of the various Blood Raven artefacts. There's sure to be plenty of cool guys in among them. I can't provide unfortunately, but im sure someone can if you beg.

In fact, what about endymion, from chaos rising, the guy who you leave thule with to protect. Is he alive or dead?

>> No.19080463

>>19080442
If i remember him right, he said he wanted Diomedes as his vanguard vet boss....Either works, really, so long as he gets his jump pack.

>> No.19080494

The problem is that there's not a lot of named Blood Ravens left after Retribution (or even before that). I suppose you could start making up shit like "this guy here is meant to be the same dude that leads the Blood Ravens who help Titus of the Ultramarines" but that's stretching it a bit.

Did any of the scouts (such in the mission where you have to save them in CR) get named?

>> No.19080516

I searched the DoW2 UCS for all mentions of "Dreadnought" and found only two named ones that aren't confirmed dead... and actually belong to the Blood Ravens rather than another Chapter.

>Plating of the Risen Dead
>Brother Gronick nearly met his end fighting the Orks besieging Ross Station. The mighty warrior was found barely alive, with both hands clutching a battered chainsword that pierced a Greenskin skull. Installed into a dreadnought sarcophagus, he still serves the Blood Ravens.

>Ork Crusher
>The Ork submersible broke the surface of the waters behind Storm Reach, expecting to unleash its missile and marauding cargo on the unsuspecting town. Instead, the Greenskin craft became a death trap for all inside as Dreadnought Callum waded through the shallows to crush all inside.

>> No.19080518

if you want to see a good co-op LP of dow2
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3463975

I know I know >SA

>> No.19080532

>>19080494
I think there was one. I should look in to that. In the mean time, here, have works in progress.

>> No.19080538

>>19080516
>Dreadnought Callum waded through the shallows to crush all inside.

EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SURF

>> No.19080539

>>19080420
>lost all my images

Or you "gifted" them and not realized it.

>> No.19080568

Whenever I see a blood ravens thread, I always wonder what it was like before they stole it...

>> No.19080574

Perhaps my images WERE gifted to other worthy computers...shame.

>> No.19080595

Works in progress for the works in progress god! They're all blood raven themed at least.

Just wondering, is it just jonah that had grey armour, or is that the new blood raven librarian colour scheme?

>> No.19080602

>>19080450
Endymion died saving Jonah from that Wraithlord. He's dead.

>"THE CHAPTER... WILL NOT LOSE... ENDYMION'S... GENE-SEED..."
>"NOW... ENDYMION... SHALL REST..."

>>19080494
Only Sergeant Priam was named in that mission, and we don't know anything about him other than that he was one of Cyrus's many students. Other than him and Cyrus, there's also Captain Kensey who served in Kaurava, and a couple more in the DoW2 wargear descriptions.

>> No.19080616

If you want to be a bit cheap about it, look at the Space Marine ending for Retribution. It shows you a book with a number of names in it.

>> No.19080622

>> No.19080651

Other completed ones from the collection now...shame i cant multipost. The loading time for each of these pics is staggering.

>> No.19080662

>> No.19080673

Thaddeus next

>> No.19080697

>> No.19080699

>>19080673
you charged a friend for this stuff?
and he paid?

>> No.19080706

Maybe you could use the generic Space Marine hero from the Last Stand?

>> No.19080719

>>19080699
No, it was more I painted an old captain of his that he didn't want to do, and then he started throwing money at me to continue an army for him.

>> No.19080736

>>19080719
Thats not the captain, obviously....i left that at uni, along with a few of my other models that are semi decent / more finished.

>> No.19080738

>>19080719
lucky you, wasn't implying they weren't good

>> No.19080746

>>19080738
oh thank heavens. I thought thats what you were implying. i always try to put my heart and soul into my painting.

>> No.19080771

These are really good OP. I'd pay to have these. Your guy is a lucky fella.

>> No.19080785

With regards your missing heros OP, why do your dreads have to be named? Just let the buyer name them.

>> No.19080893

Thread dead now?

>> No.19082790

>>19080893

Not dead, just bleeding a bit.

I wouldn't worry too much about having all the dreads named, after all, the chapter would have access to other dreads not called into service in the span of the vidya's campaign.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action