Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 4 KB, 235x185, qbuilder.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18947316 No.18947316 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>> No.18947324
File: 9 KB, 410x419, TG quests 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

First post blank for wordfilter.

Thread is for rounding out your ideas for your quest and figuring out when to run it.

Pic related are some known schedules for currently running quests. Fill in the blanks, especially in reference to the pic below it.

>> No.18947326

Love it.

>> No.18947331
File: 31 KB, 710x742, TG quests 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Pic related is a heap more quests whose schedules are either not static or unknown to me.

Tell me when they run and what they're all about, or add more.

>> No.18947342
File: 752 KB, 1680x1050, browserscreen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Amusingly enough, the lists allow some consideration about how many quests are likely to be on the front page in a given day - for those of us who can't stand the catalogue or /b/rowser.

/b/rowser's fucking great, by the way, pic related.

>> No.18947361
File: 1.80 MB, 2500x2500, voidquest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Some of you may have been fans of Voidquest.

For those that don't, it was a pretty damn good quest about being a spaceship captain in a galaxy wherein the leading civilization (humanity) had suffered a massive collapse and...well, you can get the rest from the archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Vedibere

The author, Vedibere, said that as of April 13th if enough anons chimed in on a google group thread he'd start posting quest threads on /tg/ again for it.

Here is said google group, go and make a damn post so the quest can return:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/void-quest/oxI3jK7_gwU

>> No.18947375

>>18947342
link to this /b/rowser you speak of

>> No.18947382
File: 141 KB, 332x500, Inn0cence_Lost_Future.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Inn0cence quest buildan: Setting inspired by works such as Terminator, 9, and Wall-E, apparently.

An anon wants to run a quest set on a post-apocalyptic earth crowded with machines busy fighting a war against a hostile AI trying to bring them all under its control.

This is the setting: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Inn0cence:_Lost_Future

The quest author seems to want input on what kind of character /tg/ wants to play and how to best design the quest's structure.

>> No.18947388

>>18947375
How silly of me not to, Anon. Thanks for the reminder.
Here you go: >>>/rs/browser&from=ALL

>> No.18947428

>>18947388
thanks good sir

>> No.18947447
File: 427 KB, 1280x1024, fallout_tactics_002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Moar potential quest ideas to build upon:

A quest using the Fallout setting. You're a Brotherhood of Steel member on an expedition to post-apocalyptic Hawai'i (pearl harbor base, eh?) or possibly China, Japan, Alaska, or the Kamchatka peninsula on the Pacific side of Russia.

Something to establish the mood for the uninitiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBNKa2KXZE - FO1 intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV1QvnLVsM - FOT intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ewKOcVW2E - FOT Good ending

Preludes would include some robodog story and some mention of tribal activity in Colorado.
Features would include dealing with vehicles ala Fallout: Tactics and a crafting/item modification system at least as expansive as that of New Vegas, possibly taking some pointers from Arcanum's schematics, screwing around with implants, supercomputers and virtual reality inspired by the technology demonstrated in Tranquility Lane and the Big MT, perks (especially the silly/special ones) from more or less every single game in the franchise, and all kinds of stuff from Van Buren.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947448

>>18947428
>>18947388
none of the passwords appear to be working

>> No.18947450

>>18947361
awesome! will do that, as soon as i figure out how to sign in to google group... didn't even know i had an account...

>> No.18947498 [DELETED] 
File: 911 KB, 1024x768, homeworld_universe_map_v_2_by_norsehound-d39k9yo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest set in the Homeworld universe (with some or all of Norsehound's canon adopted depending on audience input maybe), slightly after the events of Homeworld 2 during the beginnings of the Age of S'Jet. You lead a bunch of spacefarers exploring the far reaches of the known galaxy through use of the newly opened Eye of Arran hyperspace gate networks. The crumbling remains of old empires and dead civilizations await your grasping hands, and millenia-long conflicts might be settled or swung in favor of a given side should you seek to tip the scales.

For the uninitiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI - HW1 intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlz_HW6k5bI - HW2 outro

Features would include the predictable homeworld ship combat as well as portions centered around diplomacy, nation-building, and the lives and doings of individual pilots, officers, explorers, and key fleet staff. Some strange conception of combat hackers may play a role, as Homeworld featured plenty of mention of Karen S'jet's neural interlinks.

>> No.18947502

>>18947448
Push the key the passwords reference before entering them. You didn't expect things to be too straightforward, did you?

>> No.18947514

Vampire Bride Quest sequel goddamit

>> No.18947519
File: 911 KB, 1024x768, homeworld_universe_map_v_2_by_norsehound-d39k9yo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest set in the Homeworld universe (with some or all of Norsehound's canon adopted depending on audience input maybe), slightly after the events of Homeworld 2 during the beginnings of the Age of S'Jet. You lead a bunch of spacefarers exploring the far reaches of the known galaxy through use of the newly opened Eye of Arran hyperspace gate networks. The crumbling remains of old empires and dead civilizations await your grasping hands, and millenia-long conflicts might be settled or swung in favor of a given side should you seek to tip the scales.

For the uninitiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI - HW1 intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlz_HW6k5bI - HW2 outro

Features would include the predictable homeworld ship combat as well as portions centered around diplomacy, nation-building, and the lives and doings of individual pilots, officers, explorers, and key fleet staff. Some strange conception of combat hackers may play a role, as Homeworld featured plenty of mention of Karen S'jet's neural interlinks.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947532

>[X] More, please

>> No.18947552
File: 40 KB, 473x472, planescape-torment_inlay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest concerning the adventures of the Nameless One of Planescape: Torment fame after the events of the game he's famous for starring in. It has been observed that the actions of the Nameless One might be a good explanation for the differences in the Blood War between editions of D&D. Ever wonder how he did it? Let's try and tell that story.

The setting will not merely be Planescape - it will concern the Blood War and the Faction War in Sigil, covering the events that altered the physical and political alignment of the Planes between editions and changing the faces of both the City of Doors and the Lower Planes.

For the uninitiated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgqX82-HRYE - PS:T intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRidpOpQfPk - PS:T ending

Features will include army management (you start out in the Blood War!), a city of portals to once again manipulate and explore, all manner of character-related nonsense and significant ties to the plot of a pretty damn good RPG, not to mention the class-switching oddities of TNO's odd condition, and the application of that which can change the nature of a man. Also, hell's warped diplomacy and the politics of Yugoloths.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947555

>>18947502
I am an idiot, thanks again!

>> No.18947587
File: 52 KB, 474x458, CAIN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest set in something inspired by Delta Green, Special Containment Procedures, the old Warehouse 23 basement, and Warehouse 13, with a BBEG inspired by the Slender Man mythos.

Those of you that need it may want to reference some Damnatus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIWFEy0pww

Yes, set in 40K and probably Dark Heresy. You're one of countless acolytes tasked with the containment and cataloguing of strange artifacts in one of the Inquisition's many great repositories of weird shit, and over the course of your work a bizzare pattern emerges and a hunt for a warp entity commences that may wind up making you such fortunes that you can work your way out of acolyte status and gain a name for yourself. And then onto something inspired by Rogue Trader. Or...whatever else we steer towards.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947617

>>18947447
>>18947519
>>18947587
>>18947382
These, please.

>> No.18947631
File: 15 KB, 286x445, GiantSkeleton.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest featuring necromancy put to neutral or good ends in a war against worse things. Inspired by Kobold Sorcerer Quest, among other things, and featuring significant similarities until the idea is far more developed. Probably featuring some kind of cameo from Death of the Sandman mythos in a similar role to the Lady of Pain from Planescape: Torment.

Mood music so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCyRVEg50oQ

Features would include nation management, diplomacy, and various forms of arcane experimentation. Shameless theft and refashioning of ideas from the confrontation with the BBEG from Arcanum very possible, more inspiration sought.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947679
File: 166 KB, 1155x692, #01 airship_persephone_by_lipatov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest of adventure in a 1930s that never was. The setting seeks to be a spiritual predecessor to Crimson Skies and perhaps somewhat akin to Bioshock: Infinite without elixirs or anything like plasmids. You start out with your fists wrapped around the bars in the small cell you're rotting in, looking down over the view on the steppes of Mongolia from your roost in a prison airship. Where you end up is entirely in your hands. Inspiration's also drawn from Dungeons & Discourse of Dresden Codak fame and /tg/'s own Airship Quest (a chunk of which can be found here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12282007/ ).

To give you an idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A8eiA1jhXc

Features would include aircraft and airship maintenance, modification, and design, a trading simulation, fun screwups with international politics, exploration of the poles and other fun places, an axis of evil to thwart and nazis to fight, and a number of philosophies grasping at the population of a world on the verge of the sort of energy crisis that suddenly makes your guiding principles matter like only the threat of annihilation can.

[_] This is terrible
[_] More, please

>> No.18947692

>>18947331
>>18947324
Adding Commorragh quest, I guess.

>> No.18947701

>>18947587
>CAIN.jpg
You're Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM, you just want to settle down and live a quiet, peaceful life, but trouble keeps draggging you back into its treacherous maws.

With danger all around you, your goal is to maintain your cushy lifestyle, keep your fame as a hero, and most importantly, come out in one piece.

>> No.18947722

>>18947701
You know, starring some well-known characters, including some guys from /tg/ canon like Castus Grendel, would make this quite a bit more of a standout offering.

Thanks for the inspiration!

>> No.18947730

>>18947722
Oh god no, /tg/ will urinate all over any character they control with established characterization. Unless you assert said characterization and filter all /tg/ commands through that lens, anyway.

>> No.18947746

>>18947730
Could just keep said characters at arm's length, with missives, communiques, and news from the front that character's on Wing Commander style.

>> No.18947764

>>18947447
>>18947679
[X] More, please

>> No.18947830

This may seem rather random and it's off the top of my head so here goes:

You are Sol. A human from a. Rim world filling your pockets from mercenary work and the occasional hoverboard race.

One day a particularly juicy contract lands in your communicator with a strange logo at the end of the message. Megacorp? Huh? Wasn't that some hotshot company from years ago that went under? What's more is if I complete this rather simple yet high paying job they are offering full time work as an agent. I wonder if they have the bolts fr this...

>> No.18947853

We need another Battletech quest. There's been two in the past, but neither has lasted very long at all, despite being awesome. Preferably with a mercenary main character, or a Solaris jockey.

>> No.18947859

>>18947617
>>18947764

Welp.

>>18947382 I know almost nothing about.

That one belongs to an anon I have no contact with off the boards. I've only seen a few posts about it on various threads and can say little except that it somewhat interests me.

>>18947447 Is planned for when more essential research is done.

Like playing New Vegas, which I still haven't managed to do. I'd probably set it after Ceasar's Legion starts pushing into Colorado and thus give the Midwestern Brotherhood a reason to dismantle and evacuate Valut 0 so that the Legion wouldn't have any way to take it. This would be part of a Midwestern BoS push towards the Northwestern seaboard, where they'd find a mostly intact Seattle for use as a base, perhaps moving the capital of their territory towards St. Paul or Detroit or something or just keeping it in Chicago.

This would perhaps justify a push out into the Pacific, perhaps to Alaska to retrieve any tech in the ruins left behind by the war, or perhaps towards advanced facilities along the pacific rim or in China.

Could be that Pearl Harbor Base was an interesting place before the war.

Open questions remain about super-mutant involvement in the area, etc.

>> No.18947877

>>18947859
To continue,

>>18947519 would likely be held off until House and Dominion hit its next stride or something so as not to step on their toes.

It'd require close study of Norsehound's fiction and maps and possibly the reworking of some of them, some kind of grasp of how physics must work in the Homeworld universe, and considerations of race relations in the early Age of S'jet.

The Bentusi continuously mentioning being 'unbound' probably means there'll be transhumanism involved, and whether that means it'd be Eclipse Phase style or more in the style of Simmons' Ilium/Olympos is yet to be determined.

How to inject the quest with proper Homeworld flair is yet another matter. Probably will involve digesting a number of mythology books.

>>18947587 Is probably for when we're in a lull from 40K quests.

This one's just an attempt at creating something different from the crowd. We've had plenty of guard and marine and other Imperial quests and heaps of xeno quests, etc. Maybe this will provide enough grounds for a good investigative story with no end of intrigue.

I guess it'd also require a quite secure grasp on mechanics or a stable system to create in place of standard FFG fare.

>> No.18947887

>>18947853
I've considered running a quest wherein you work your way up to being a lance leader or mechcommander with your own jumpship and a merc company, but the main factions seem too similar for it to work well unless you're out on the fringes working for the tiny wannabe-empires trying to make their own luck in the dark.

>> No.18947888

>>18947331
MSQ: 2200 daily [sometimes 0700 overtime]
Magic teaset, Anime thing, Paranoia, time shenanigans

>> No.18947889

bump

>> No.18947899
File: 937 KB, 160x240, datfacesoldier.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

How many people would be interested in a Quest where you play as a fantasy Slav in the medieval not-Balkans, with some clockpunk and horror elements to it?

>> No.18947900

>>18947331
Apparently Dragon Quest is back on hold again.

>> No.18947906

>>18947888
>>18947900
Thanks, Anons.

>> No.18947907

>>18947899
I would love it

>> No.18947908

>>18947899
Remove kebab, get gold.

>> No.18947929

>>18947830
If nobody guesses the setting is the ratchet and clank universe but many years after their adventures. Tried to make it a little darker and more sinister.

Anyone want to run with it go ahead. I lack motivation and prep time to run a quest thread.

>> No.18947936

Im thinking of running a quest where you play a little lost boy.

No magik, no bullshit. Set in the 90's you need to find your way home.
All the while avoiding pedos, corrupt cops, blackpeople etc.

>> No.18948069

Oh yeah, and anyone that tells me if Planetary Governor Quest's cancelled or not has my eternal gratitude.

>> No.18948170
File: 138 KB, 768x512, desert-road.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

About to run The Road tonight at 1900. Don't know if it will be weekly at this time, since it's a new quest and I'm still looking for a good time slot to hold a decent number of players.

>> No.18948178

>>18948170
What's it about, and does my diagram of quest schedules in >>18947324 help any?

>> No.18948184

>>18948178
Essentially post-apoc, though no one really knows what the apoc was. Characters are working their way towards the End of the Road, where it is said that life is coming back to the world.

Also, there's not a damn thing on the Wednesday slot, so I hope that it helps. In any case, off to work with me.

>> No.18948191

>>18948184
Thanks, man. Will keep an eye out for your quest.

>> No.18948196

what I don't get is, why people say some quests HOG the timespot.
People can multitab you know?
And the faster ones [SWQ/MSQ/KY] hit autosage so fast, they dont occupy the front page for more than an hour or two.

>> No.18948289
File: 48 KB, 235x251, madomado.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest where you play as the last Akemi Homura among thousands, fighting a neverending war you cannot hope to win, trying to uphold a promise you must not break. Crosses over various magical girl series, from Card Captor Sakura to Sailor Moon to Nanoha. Emphasis on overcoming magical threats through shooty combat, dakka, and the careful use of time dickery (which will be limited).

This has been a nagging brain itch, and if /tg/ says it's not for a quest, then I'll be happy enough to retire it.

>> No.18948303

>>18948196
Trolls? Maybe some people actually get buttmad from that.

>>18948191
Strike Witches Quest
a certain WWII plane fanatic and probable ex Army rendition of Strike Witches. MC is basically I Dont Give Any Fucks. Suprisingly little to no wafuing, and mostly Planefag yanking his readers around with decent writing. Good quest, depending on your view point.

Tank Witch Quest
a spinoff of SWQ by panzer. Basically the same setting but with tank chicks rather than plane witch

both quests are good sources of WWII facts and tidbits. Fanbases inevitably spark shitstorm, but this happens rarely

>> No.18948319
File: 710 KB, 2255x3229, what the fuck did i just make.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

A quest on an eldritch abomination with the ability to assimilate anything around it. Starts as weak creature that can be easily killed. Emphasis on CoC like story, but from the eyes of the baddies.
Pretty much /tg/ as a shoggoth with:
>Assimilation
>Trigger SANs Loss
>shapeshiftin
>mental dickery

>> No.18948425
File: 191 KB, 1159x450, Dictator Quest.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

What you have listed as Zanzia Quest is actually called Dictator Quest.
Schedule: 14:00 on Tuesdays
Play as President-for-Life of the Republic of Zanzia, a fictional West African nation in the grips of a civil war.
Pic is how the game has progressed.

>> No.18948451

>>18947361

holy fucking shit, really? fuck yeah, that was an awesome quest. ved did goddamn brilliant work with that one.

kinda wish apologized would run another quest, zeonquest was outfuckingstanding.

>>18948425 Hopefully the reset doesn't get into insane bullshit like the first one did.

>> No.18948459
File: 455 KB, 1024x768, Climber.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Anyone remember this setting that we worked on around 4 months ago?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Po6lNzbyr9KPRsDUedUtU5xKnYLqUUjdaK5IsjKdpM/edit?pli=1

It was basically a giant dystopian biotech city, in which people were born with horrible deformities and body modification was as common as buying clothes.

I recall that there was some talk about running a quest in this setting, but I guess nothing came out of it, seeing how this thing was abandoned after two threads.

>> No.18948462

>>18948459
Oh yeah, I remember that. that thread was awesome. Wish someone takes it up

>> No.18948480

>>18948451
>Hopefully the reset doesn't get into insane bullshit like the first one did.
Yeah, no nanotech.
We're basically in a UN-enforced ceasefire with the rebels, who had pushed us back to the capital and only major city under our control. Currently getting our military back in shape for a major counter-attack, as soon as we lure the rebels into breaking the ceasefire, so that we can have the moral highground in the international media.

>> No.18948483
File: 382 KB, 1024x768, loudspeaker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>18948462

I actually had planned to, but my experiences with running spider quest have made me rather reluctant. Running quests takes some effort, and running one in a setting as complex as the Mundus Carnis of whatever you like to call it, would be overwhelming for me at least.

>> No.18948590

The last two iterations of Coin and Cleavage that I ran ended on cliffhangers; I suppose I could resurrect them, if sufficient demand were at hand. I doubt much of /tg/ remembers it though.

>> No.18948605

>>18948590
They were hilarious, and I appreciate your efforts.

>> No.18948624

You forgot MAQuest, which should be starting up again tonight.

>> No.18948732

Would anyone be interested in a blackwatch quest?

It would be set during the events of [prototype]

>> No.18949135

>>18947316
Guys, what is the timezone indicated in these time slots?

>> No.18949146

>>18949135
Anything that gets added into the list I'm making is board time.

>> No.18949153

>>18949135
Everything is on server time, which is EST.

>> No.18949204

>>18947331
>>18947324
Ever thought about putting that list on 1d4chan?

>> No.18949290

>>18949204
When it's more complete, I'll probably put it on the page regarding quests and try to update it erry week for anything that's more than a one-shot.

>> No.18949294

>>18949290
Er, forgot my namefag shit.

So yeah, later it'll be on the wiki.

>> No.18950759 [DELETED] 
File: 58 KB, 896x759, captainspeech.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

VoidQuest-related bump.

Read >>18947361 if you want, but basically, Voidquest might come back if you post here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/void-quest/oxI3jK7_gwU

>> No.18950809
File: 58 KB, 896x759, captainspeech.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

VoidQuest-related bump.

Read >>18947361 if you want, but basically, Voidquest might come back if you post here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/void-quest/oxI3jK7_gwU

It's already up to five replies.

>> No.18951299
File: 124 KB, 1280x720, Homura shit got real 02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>18948289
>>A quest where you play as the last Akemi Homura among thousands, fighting a neverending war you cannot hope to win, trying to uphold a promise you must not break. Crosses over various magical girl series, from Card Captor Sakura to Sailor Moon to Nanoha. Emphasis on overcoming magical threats through shooty combat, dakka, and the careful use of time dickery (which will be limited).

As much as I love Homura and Magical girls, I think crossover to other series would kind of undermine the whole thing. Then again a Madoka quest has been done and I think it was glorious!

As for /tg/ I do not know if the posters would approve of it or not, I know a lot of people like animus but there are also people who do not want it here on /tg/ even if it is a quest.

>> No.18951981

>>18951299

Hrm. I suppose it would. I was hoping to have it play out like a Max Payne game. That sort of action without too much romance, and just a lot of bad things happening all at once to the unluckiest Magical Girl in the world. It'd be Magical Girl Noir.

Thanks for your opinion in any case. I'm a bit glad it's just not me who thinks this could be a good idea.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action