Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.18859537 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

How's about an Eldar thread? Preferably Craftworld, but Dark can hang out if they must.

Kicking shit off with obligatory Elven Space Pirate David Bowie.

>> No.18859547 [DELETED] 

THE DUKE is still better.

>> No.18859559

>> No.18859569

>> No.18859572

You forgot best Eldar.

I am still butthurt that I can't have an entire army of Harlequins.

>> No.18859577

>> No.18859579

>>18859559
Make out already!

.... They've been standing like that for two freaking hours.

>> No.18859587

>>18859572
Specifying Harlequins is pointless, because Harlequins are gonna do what Harlequins are gonna do.

>> No.18859598

>> No.18859639

Neat! an Eldar thread.

Could you guys put this argument to rest? Which are more Japanese inspired the Tau or the Eldar?

>> No.18859656

>>18859639
dohohohohohoho, nice try there

>> No.18859660

>>18859639
you cannot compare

the tau are essentially weeaboo

the eldars are accidentally weeaboo

weeaboo essence =/= weeaboo features

>> No.18859692

>>18859639
Oh you.

The Eldar are Space Elves. In fact they might have been named that in the original blisters. Squats were literally labelled "Space Dwarves" in their boxed set.

You gotta remember that WHFB was first and 40k was an adaptation of those rules into SPAEC!!

Space Marines, what a fucking original name, amirite?

Tau are obviously Chinese, not Japanese. Communists with a xenophobic and highly oppressive regime with a caste system as viewed from outside their society... seriously, who doesn't see that? I guess they could be North Korean, but... nah.

>> No.18859710

>>18859660
>inb4 screencap detailing how the Eldar are totally weeabo

>> No.18859731

Oh, /tg/. Never stop being so trollable.

>> No.18859741

>>18859731
Maugan Rock?

>> No.18859745

>>18859639
>japanese inspired
Neither of those races are yellow-faced slit-eyed humanoids. You're talking out of your ass.

The better question is, why should the Treaty of Damocles (the one about non-proliferation of tyranid-sourced warheads, you peasant) extend to warhead producted from environment-unfriendly materials, like those stupid crystal-hugging L'Huraxi ambassador so dearly want ? The Comitee has better things to do with its time.

>> No.18859760

>>18859692
...wait a second the Tau are not xenophobic they are the opposite. They actual want to meet new races and include them into their empire even forcefully if they resisted.

>> No.18859912

>>18859639
The shits I do not give will blot out the sky.

>> No.18859940

>> No.18860003

>>18859912
Eldar don't excrete waste matter, so even if you wanted to give a shit you couldn't!

>> No.18860045

>>18859692
except that they have clean-looking mechs that look more like japanime mechs than any other faction's mechs.

AND THAT GW EXPLICITLY SAID THAT THEY WERE INSPIRED BY MANGAS AND ANIMES.

they are essentially weeaboos, with a ton of non-weeaboo features slapped on them to water it down and to make them more original.

>> No.18860069

>>18859639
As I understand WHFB 'High Elves' are based heavily off of the chinese, which is cool.

Eldar themselves have a lot of similarities with Japanese samurai, with the facemasks and big flags and aspect worship. Tau are based off of mecha stuff, and somewhat 'modern' militaries.

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to say which is more inspired, but I have to say that I genuinely like them both.

>> No.18860076

>>18859912
Then we shall troll in the shade.

>> No.18860077

>>18859940

>> No.18860095

>>18860045
I don't care what GW says. (Which is why SQUATS still exist)

To me, they are "Chinese in space"

As far as xenophobic: don't they want to meet new races and inclde them into their society AS LONG AS THEY STERILIZE THEM or some shit? Only their race should continue to populate their dominion. Not xenophobic? Okay, then what is it?

>> No.18860112

>>18860069
>Eldar themselves have a lot of similarities with Japanese samurai, with the facemasks and big flags and aspect worship

The facemasks and aspect schools are both based on old Irish war rites (like almost everything about the Eldar). The flags are Japanese.

>> No.18860120

>>18860045
I dunno....Wraithguards and Wraithlords look pretty Wabanese to me.

>> No.18860143

>>18860003
>Eldar don't excrete waste matter

This is just untrue.
Its like a tube of toothpaste, if you squeeze hard enough something is bound to squirt out.

>> No.18860155

>>18860095
Didnt the sterilization thing come from the dark crusade games?

Originally the tau were just the 'good guys' but were way too little to actually fucking do anything, then some fanboys complained that 'baaaaawww we cant have good guys in our grim dark' so the tau got grimdarked.

>> No.18860157

>>18860143
Who's dat artist?

>> No.18860181

>>18860095
>Okay, then what is it?

I don't know.

Ask TIDF.

>> No.18860197

I'm going to say it once again so that it gets through people's skull.

THE TAU ARE, IN THE CORE, INSPIRED BY MANGAS, AND CONVENTIONAL SCIENCE-FICTION SUCH AS STAR WARS. THAT IS THEIR ESSENCE, WHAT MAKES THEM DISTINGUISHABLE. THEN, THEY ALSO HAPPEN TO HAVE A TON OF OTHER, SECONDARY INFLUENCES. CHINA, GREECE, INDIA, KOREA, EVEN THE HEBREWS AND THAILAND.

THE ELDARS' ESSENCE IS THE DECLINE OF PAGANISM AND PRE-CHRISTIAN CULTURES. THAT IS THEIR CORE THEME. THEN, THEY ALSO HAPPEN TO WEAR SENTAI SUITS, TO HAVE SHURIKEN GUNS AND KATANAS, BUT THAT IS MERELY ONE WAY AMONG OTHERS TO SPIN AROUND THEIR CENTRAL THEME.

TAU = ESSENTIALLY WEEABOO

ELDARS = INCIDENTALLY WEEABOO

YOU CANNOT QUANTIFY AND COMPARE THE AMOUNT OF WEEABOONESS PRESENT IN EACH FACTION, BECAUSE THE TAU SIMPLY ARE WEEABOO, NO MATTER HOW MUCH, AND THAT THE ELDARS HAPPEN TO BE WEEABOO IN SOME MEASURE, BUT SINCE YOU HAVE NO OTHER COMPARISON ELEMENT, YOU CANNOT TELL HOW MUCH

>> No.18860199

/tg/ intentionally responding seriously to trolls since 20forever. =)

>> No.18860205

>>18860157
Technomancer

>> No.18860207

>>18860157

technomancer

>> No.18860208

>>18860120
Troll harder.

Anyway. I've got a question. Has anyone ever used Baharroth and have him get his points back?

>> No.18860212

>>18860157
http://technorakel.deviantart.com/

>> No.18860224

>>18860155
No

99% of all ("canon") Tau fluff comes from the Codex because they get no mentions in fucking anything.

99% of all bad Tau shit came from their first appearance but people never focused on it.

>> No.18860226

>>18860197
Cruise control, brah. Chill the fuck out. Tau suck anyway.

But they'll never go away. *sigh*

>> No.18860240

>>18860197
I don't think I've even once seen an Eldar model with a katana. Curved swords are not katanas.

>> No.18860243

>>18860208
Why are they trying to be birds?

>> No.18860244

>>18860226
oh, I'm just saying that it's extremely simple, and yet people try to prove an unprovable point when they claim that one is more weeaboo than another.

>> No.18860273

>>18860207
>>18860205
fucking knew it, I only saw one of his images so far and the style is exactly the same.
It's very... distinctive
This one lacks diapers, fortunately. At least I hope it does.

>> No.18860282

>>18860244
No, people are *trolls*.

Calm the hell down, and quit getting trolled.

>> No.18860290

>>18860243
they're trying to be egyptian.

Eldars, as I said, are pre-christian/pagans/mysterious. Which egyptians happen to be (well, used to be), therefore, making some eldars egyptian is a cool idea. Now, what is egyptian? a god of sun with a bird's head, doing badass things. Therefore, those eldars will do the same thing: have a bird's head and wings, and throw solar rays at people.
Also, Baharroth has a khopesh.

>> No.18860292

Noooo! /tg/ be careful! You are breaking the beautiful eldar thread with your troll fights!

>> No.18860309

WEEABO SCUM

>> No.18860319

>>18860273
The style? I don't remember having a style.

I suppose you're merely referring to the custom brushes used for the background.

>This one lacks diapers, fortunately. At least I hope it does.
I did consider to draw an amputee version and a diapered version.

>> No.18860329

>>18860076
Kudos. Totally missed your post. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? =)

>> No.18860341

>>18860309
>>heresy, purge, scum, blah, blah, etc, etc

Yeah, yeah, we get it already

>> No.18860349

Why do eldar threads always get trolled? Other 40K threads are civil and constructive. Why can't Eldar threads be the same.

>> No.18860352

>>18860292
Have you never seen an Eldar thread before? They are all like this. Ditto for Tau.

>> No.18860356

>>18860243
Scourges do it because they are Dark Eldar and if paying ungodly sums for a Homunculus to warp your body to that of a predatory bird will improve your life than whatever bro.

Swooping Hawks do it to represent the aspect of the Hawk with vengence and retribution. Something about a murdered Eldar Soul taking the form of a hawk to soar above the murderer.

>> No.18860360

>>18860349
>Other 40K threads are civil and constructive.

they almost never are

>> No.18860367

>>18860349
Mostly because it is really, really funny.

>> No.18860376

>>18860349
Because no one likes the Eldar.

And by no one I mean people still sore about 2nd and 3rd edition.

>> No.18860378

>>18860349
>IG threads: IG FUCK YER IMAGE MACROS
>Ork threads: HURR DURR WAAAGH SO RANDUM
>Tau threads: trolling out the ass
>Space Marine threads: a combination of the above
>Eldar threads: trolling
>Dark Eldar threads: These do not exist and are thus the best
>Necron threads: pre 5ed Xeno/post 5ed edition wars III: rise of the wardex

>> No.18860379

>>18860367
yeah trolling is super fun.. if you are 12

>> No.18860382

>>18860376
but I like them!

>> No.18860396

>>18860379
We play wargames, we are all 12.

>> No.18860404

>>18860319
>The style? I don't remember having a style.
>I suppose you're merely referring to the custom brushes used for the background.

Don't know, don't care, but it's very distinctive, I haven't seen any other image with the same traits.

>I did consider to draw an amputee version and a diapered version.
I assumed as much.

>> No.18860408

>>18860003
They do. Odorless, "crystalline" poop.

>> No.18860442

>>18860379
Funny =/= fun necessarily.

/tg/ in general is so easy to troll because we take our imaginary shit so seriously. Seeing someone nerdrage over a minor background point or where stylistic elements were stolen from is in fact funny as hell, while being sad at the same time, so it isn't necessarily FUN, but it is still FUNNY.

Which is why I both anti-troll and semi-troll in the same thread: cuz I am bored.

I think Ima go play some DoW and kill me some space pansies.

>> No.18860445

>>18860095

The sterilisation bit is mentioned in one Dawn of War game (the same serie which has Dark Eldar worshipping Slaanesh and a Khornate librarian), and in FFG's Deathwatch rulebook (which actually does have good fluff), where it is mentioned as one of the ways the Tau control potentially rebellious populations (most recently annexed worlds would have a lot more Humans than Tau, and most of those Humans probably aren't too happy about being conquered by the Tau, so they limit the amount they can breed to keep their numbers at a controllable level. Keep in mind that the Imperial respons would probably be to decimate the population). It's not somethign they do to every world they annex. Infact, the Tau Human auxillaries are typically 2nd+ generation citizens (ie. they're born after the world had become part of the Tau Empire), probably because they rather trust guns to Humans that have been born and raised in their culture.

>> No.18860447

>>18860404
If you're talking about the SoB picture, I tried making it visually similar to muju's recent b&w digital paintings. I'm not sure how much I succeeded.

>> No.18860466

>>18860378
Tau threads lately have been comedy gold and screw you, man, Ork threads are always awesome at least Ork fans know how to have fun unlike you lot who are serious all the damn time.

>> No.18860475

>>18860447
Just wanted to tell you I'm really enjoying your new "little project".

I don't care about the subject matter you do most of the time or your fetishes but it's nice to see you branch out more.

>> No.18860476

>>18860396
>We play wargames, we are all 12
We argue about the background and cultural influences of factions in wargames, OFTEN ALL IN CAPS. We are all 10.

>> No.18860479

>>18860445
>the same serie which has Dark Eldar worshipping Slaanesh
I don't recall this. Sure you're not thinking of Goto's literary... works?

>> No.18860511

>>18860479
*sing-song* SOMEone SAID the G WORD!

>> No.18860515

There is nothing more weeaboo than the IoM. Everyone that says otherwise is deluding themselves.

>> No.18860516

>>18860475
You mean Xeno's adventure? I'm hoping it'll help me be quicker and more efficient a drawing stuff.

but, since we're in an eldar thread; what would this here Cra be in 40k? I mean, beyond being an eldar.

>> No.18860541

Welp, it's been enjoyable feeding the trolls and all, but I am out of cigarettes and gotta go.

Seriously, Harlequins are best Eldar.

>> No.18860559

>>18860382
Then you clearly started the game during 4th, or played them in 2nd or 3rd, which is what got everyone all sore to begin with.

>> No.18860565

Eldar are elves in space. More specifically the WHF High Elves, who are essentially inspired by Tolkien. Also ancient Atlantean myths. Very European.

The Eldar have influences from various pre.Christian cultures from Europe and the Middle-east. Also Egyptian and Greek. Hence the crests, spears, shields and phalanx of Dire Avengers. Other aspects, such as Scorpions, have taken influences from pulp sci-fi. Remember 40k was a bit of a parody. The striking scorpions have a predator look going on.

The Eldar Pantheon is very close to ancient European polytheistic religions with the Gods fucking over mortals and each other, finally ending with multiple deicide. Ragnarok, nemesis, War in Heaven.

I don't honestly believe anyone connects Eldar scimitars with katanas. As in compared to tau bonding knives, which are just 1:1 tantos.

I know I bit a troll, but whatever.

>> No.18860569

>>18860515
>Imperium
>weeabo

They are a catholic dominion ruled by a holy roman emperor. Everything about them is western inspired.

You are the deluded one.

>> No.18860575

>>18860408
>Macha's_diaper_overflowing_with_gems.jpg

>> No.18860579

>>18860569
Oh, I knew there'd be one smacktard.

- Disgrace is Worse Than Death
- Serve the Grorious Emperor
- Cut a Tank in Half With The Elegantly Crafted Sword Of Your Ancestors
- In fact, EVERYTHING is an ancient weapon passed down by your ancestors
- Your special move has been in the Space Marines family for generations
- POWER LEVELS?!?!?
- Gigantic Mechs Who Only Special Snowflakes Can Use
- Triumphing Over Retarded Odds Because Of Gar

and so on. It is the Imperium of Man. It is the most weeaboo faction imaginable. The Horus Heresy was pure, unadulterated shonen.

>> No.18860586

>>18860565
Eldars are actually a lot closer to Moorcock's Melniboneans than to tolkien's elves.

>> No.18860596

>>18860559
What is everyone's beef with the Eldar exactly?

>> No.18860609

>>18860596
They used to kick so much space marine ass their feet permanently smelled of ceramite.

>> No.18860616

>>18860579
dat copypasta

>>18860565
sentai suits, sashemono banners, kimono-wearing prophets...
also, Jes Goodwin said that the concept of craftworlds was taken from a manga.

so, yeah, they do have superficial weeaboo elements

>> No.18860630

>>18860579
Not only is half of what you say simply nonsensical, the Imperium's so gothic they sacked New Rome.

Japan wasn't the only culture to value honor and punish failure severely. Western inspired, man.

>> No.18860634

>>18860559
You know what really hurt? Playing them right when White Dwarf 127 came out. The Avatar was a god of rape if you got good rolls on the power chart.

There was that one power which I always seemed to get, which made him sit in invulnerable stasis for a few turns, but then he got double everything when he woke up. Like 24" inch charge and 6" sustained assault. I wiped out entire armies in a single assault phase, til people smartened up.

Of course, we were probably playing it wrong. We were like 13. But then, most adults I see playing 5e are still playing it wrong. Meh.

>> No.18860636

>>18860616
Yeah, but there's always one who justifies me bringing it out.

The Eldar have about as much to do with Japan as the Tau do: not much all things told.

>>18860630
Except everything I said is true.

>> No.18860639

>>18860630

haha, I knew he's gonna catch someone with it

>> No.18860660

>>18860639
Like my drill instructor would always say: there is -ALWAYS- one. Always.

I hate that he's right sometimes. Believe it or not, we had at least one event where he was wrong: not one person in our entire company threw the pin.

>> No.18860668

>>18860636
>Yeah, but there's always one who justifies me bringing it out.
sure, but you're not arguing the right way: you cannot prove that the eldars aren't more weeaboo than the tau by simply exposing the non-weeaboo elements about them.
>The Eldar have about as much to do with Japan as the Tau do: not much all things told.
yes

>> No.18860674

>>18860630
Exactly, The Imperium is west incarnate.

>> No.18860675

Trolls trolling trolls trolling for bitches.

>> No.18860685

>>18860660
since when does the army recruit 12 y-o?

>> No.18860691

>>18860685

>> No.18860696

>>18860691

>> No.18860706

>>18860596
Older players still feel physical pain when they see the 2nd or 3rd edition Eldar codiecs. Eldar used to be scary good, downright unfair good.

Then came 4th edition an spess marens out the ass.

Otherwise /tg/ is inhabited by sore an bitter manchildren who thing it's cool to hate all elves because someone the internet said so. Quite sad, really.

>> No.18860710

>>18860660
>Believe it or not, we had at least one event where he was wrong: not one person in our entire company threw the pin.
The fact that this has happened before is…troubling.
>>18860634
That sounds pretty hilarious. Broken as hell, though.
And now we get double-the-cost Guardsmen with shotguns and have to use suicide runs and kamikaze rams, despite how little sense that makes. Yay balance!

>> No.18860711

-Pride and honor above all
-Go to Ancestors Spirits for everything
- Cut a Tank in Half With The Elegantly Crafted Sword Of Your Ancestors
- In fact, EVERYTHING is an ancient weapon passed down by your ancestors
- Your special move has been in the Warrior Shrine family for generations
-POWER LEVELS?!?!?!?
-Gigantic Mechs Who Only Special Snowflakes Can Use

EL-DAH PEOPLE

>> No.18860719

>>18860290
I remember the RT and 2nd Ed Eldar were essentially attempting to be visual kei movement. I for one enjoyed their crazy 80's mang/david bowie look to be honest.

>> No.18860734

>>18860579
There's a difference between the Imperium and what the Wardmonster thinks the Imperium is.

>> No.18860739

>>18860734
>Ward invented any of those things

Shut up retard

>> No.18860740

>>18860706
I don't feel physical... pain, exactly.

I played Eldar in RT and 2e. Seeing that makes my balls tingle and gives me a semi. =P

I also played Marines and they could be just as badass as Eldar. Especially Space Wolves, which I did NOT play and have a burning hatred for to this day, though I like their fluff and the Horus Heresy novel.

>> No.18860741

>>18860719
and in the 2nd Ed, they were both of these things.

the 2nD Ed codex was cool as fuck; it allowed you to play craftworlders AND harlequins AND exodites AND corsairs

>> No.18860760

>>18860711
Pretty much any Eldar can operate an Eldar Titan. They don't do power levels, they do specializations, and while they have "tiers" it's mostly: Untrained-Trained-Specialized-Leader.

There is maybe one sword in the entire Eldar Codex than can kill a tank and that's a maybe at best: The Avatar's Sword.

They only go to their ancestor spirits for putting in war machines.

Pride, sure. Honor, not so much. Sneaky, backstabbing, dirtbags, rarely have honor.

I'm not even sure any of them have special moves, aside from psychic powers.

>> No.18860802

>>18860741
And Solitaires that could pull a Bloodthirster's spine out through its ass. Good times.

And all sorts of fun guns. Wraithguard with Armour value rather than toughness.

>> No.18860819

>>18860741
2e definitely had some cool shit. Exodites were and always will be awesome.

>> No.18860821

>>18860802
I'd be more impressed if they pulled his spine out through his urethra.

>> No.18860869

>>18860760
>Honor, not so much. Sneaky, backstabbing, dirtbags, rarely have honor.
I wouldn't say that they don't have it at all, they just don't have it towards anyone other than Eldar, mostly.

>> No.18860877

>>18860819
Riding dinosaurs and fucking bitches, Exodites, fuck yeah!
>>18860821
I'm pretty sure that could be done too.

>> No.18860917

>>18860760
I'd say the fact that Wraithlords are reserved for GRORIOUS HEROES is about equal to Princeps having to be built up for the role.

Warrior-Aspect Warrior-Exarch-Phoenix Lord is literally power level for an Eldar (not getting into Autarch, Seers, Etc), more so than whatever the dude who wrote the Imperium one imagined the Imperial power levels to be.

I highly doubt the Avatar's Sword is the only Eldar weapon that is GRORIUS enough to cut through a tank. But that's not the primary point. The primary point is that the Eldar are a fallen race who refuse to even try to create new shit because they 100% that their ANCESTORS GRORIUS TECH WAS SO GOOD YOU CAN'T BEAT IT WE WILL ONLY USE IT.

I refuse to even go half way with you on this one as their are numerous references of the Eldar, at the very least, going to the Spirits within the IC for guidance.

I just sort of added the pride and honor so I take it back and apologize.

I'd say the fact that the Exarch moves are so SUPA SPECIALARU that they get represented via tabletop makes them pretty supa specialaru.

I don't even think the Eldar are the least bit weeaboo but this is what happens when you generalize.

Counterpoints

>> No.18860952

>>18860917
>The primary point is that the Eldar are a fallen race who refuse to even try to create new shit because they 100% that their ANCESTORS GRORIUS TECH WAS SO GOOD YOU CAN'T BEAT IT WE WILL ONLY USE IT.
Dark Eldar regularly make new technology, mostly weapons and torture devices.

Craftworld Eldar don't make new technology because they're basically the descendants of Eldar Space Truckers and cannot into science.

>> No.18860981

>>18860952
In all these scenioros it's scenarios Craftworlders.

And they could into science if they tried

But they won't

Because GRORIUS ANCESTORS

>> No.18860990

>>18860981
Haha my bad


In all these scenioros it's specifically Craftworlders.

>> No.18860999

>>18860869
>>Dire Avengers
Honourable warrior, valiant defender.

Also this very much canon comic.

>> No.18861016

>>18860981
It's not a matter of that they won't. It's that they can't. They're not smart enough. They're a bunch of rednecks flying around in their giant space trucks looking for Necrons to lynch.

>> No.18861020

>>18860999
Sauce

>> No.18861038

>>18861016
They could if the applied themselves using their GRORIUS ELDAH MUH-INDS

Besides, Exodites are space rednecks.

>> No.18861061

>>18860999

Sauce? And nice trips.

>> No.18861075

>>18860208
it was called '3rd ed' and he had sustained assault.

>> No.18861078

>>18861020
Warhammer Monthly, Titan Book 2, part 10. Script by Dan Abnett.

>> No.18861105

>>18861075
I take that as a no.

>> No.18861119

>>18860760
>tank killing swords

witchblade/ singing spear anyone?

>> No.18861169

I don't mind that you people are having retarded discussions about how weaboo the spess elfs and the weaboo commies are, but you aren't posting any eldar.

Elfdar pictures, nao.

>> No.18861172

>>18861119
Double edged weapons. Very wapanese.

>> No.18861200

>>18861169
Right, I'll get on that. Lessee what I got.

>> No.18861201

>> No.18861215

Scorpions are awesome.

>> No.18861223

>>18861169
>Commie Commie Commie blue berries

Please pray tell.

What makes the Tau communist?

>> No.18861230

>> No.18861236

>>18861215
Scorpions are goddamn amazing. i need more scorpions, i only have 12.

>> No.18861241

Anybody use these guys?

>> No.18861242

>>18861223
they're supposedly nice, but are fascists

>> No.18861249

>>18861223
Their love of Vodka and pickles

>> No.18861256

>>18861223
they try to contaminate everyone with their pussy ideology.

>> No.18861258

>>18861223
Everything is directed towards the Greater Good, Tau Empire owns everything, etc.

>> No.18861275

>>18861242
fascist =/= communist

>> No.18861289

>>18861242
Yeah. they are control freaks, but they have things in their background that are the contrarily to the communism ideal such as the damn caste system.

>> No.18861291

>>18861236
I only have 30. I gotta get more to use in Apocalypse.

>> No.18861299

>>18861275
yes, but other kinds of fascism wouldn't pretend to be nice.

>> No.18861303

>>18859912


Then we shall troll in the shade

>> No.18861319

>>18861275
>>18861289
I'm just explaining you why people call them communist. They certainly are inspired by soviet russia, even if it's only a general flavor.

>> No.18861343

>>18861258
Excuse me, sir. Communism does not have a monopoly on the concept of ''The Greater Good'' or the color red.

>Tau Empire owns everything

Glorious Eastern Manifest Destiny have nothing to do with communism.

>> No.18861358

>>18860917
Anyone with a sufficiently strong soul can be a Wraithlord. You have to be of a very specific blood line to run a titan.

Ratlings-conscripts-ordinary IG-veteran IG-Arbites-space marine scouts-space marines-space marine terminators-space marine captains-grey knights-grey knight terminators-grey knight captains. This isn't in perfect order, but I'm not even going to try it, because the arguments would never fucking stop.

Meanwhile the Japanese have been world leaders in innovation for most of a century now.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that, most of their "spirits" are locked up in those soul gems, and aren't very coherent.

That's nice.

Not that much different from the way the Grey Knights are shown to be.

Agreed.

They happen.

>> No.18861363

From what I gathered, the tau aren't very communist, someone must have thought they are a while back and it stuck.
I only call them commies because it's funny. In a cheap laugh kind of way.

>> No.18861368

>>18859572
I know this was near the start of the thread, but I'd recomend you use Dark Eldar.

Have a Haemonculus with a Vexator Mask as your Avatar (What's more Harlequin-like than a mask which shows horrible things to your opponents).

You get Harlequin troupes as your elites.

Use Wyches as mimes (agile as fuck)

Beastmasters fit the theme.

Venoms, venoms everywhere.

>> No.18861371

Shut up about the Tau already.
Post Eldar.

>> No.18861391

>>18861371
Shut up weeabo. Real men are talking.

>> No.18861411

>> No.18861434

>>18861256
The Tau expansionism is much more like the Romans than communist. Rome had a tendency to conquer nations/cities and give them the mandate of "join us willingly and we incorporate your culture into ours, or we fucking kill your ass". Tau basically do that. "Join us for the Greater Good, under our direction. Your culture will be preserved and merged into ours. Your other option is death."

The most communist society in 40k in terms of raw socialism behavior, is indeed Tau with their ideology of the community working as a whole. However the truly historical Soviet Communist representation in 40k, is the Orks. Not in terms of government ruling, nor in terms of 'everything owned by all', but purely from the WW2 Soviet styling. From how Nobs are basically more Commissar than IG Commissars now, to several of the Shootas literally being chunkier versions of the Soviet SMGs (ppsh). You've got Bomb Squigs (Bomb Dogs), Spetsnaz (Kommandos), Tank-Hammers (there is an actual spetsnaz "explosive on a stick" anti-vehicle weapon), Quality through Quantity mentality, and even their vehicles have a raw industrial nature of 'fuck comfort, all for utility'. And lets not forget the love of Trucks, or riding on the back of tanks. Soviets loved those lend-lease trucks...

The only thing missing from the Orks, is a goddamn tank! But you can take a Battlewagon, give it an IA8 Soopa-Kannon, and make a convincing IS-2.

>> No.18861437

>>18861391

Nah, Eldar thread

>> No.18861452

I just finished reading the "Void Stalker" novel and I have some bad news for you Eldar fans .....

>> No.18861500

>>18861434
>Rome had a tendency to conquer nations/cities and give them the mandate of "join us willingly and we incorporate your culture into ours, or we fucking kill your ass"

Couldn't you also say that about, like, every pre-communist Chinese dynasty? Except they never bothered conquering them, they basically bought off the guy in charge, said work for and promote China (usually the Han) and we won't take you by force. If was usually way more effective then taking them all militarily. Sounds way more Tauish then the Romans

>> No.18861523

I know they're not generally the most heroic looking of the eldar but anyone got any pathfinder pics?

>> No.18861528

>>18861500
Yeah, except the Romans had a habit of actually granting full rights to the conquered people after a little while, as long as they paid their taxes.

>> No.18861538

>>18861523

>> No.18861548

>>18861500
>Couldn't you also say that about, like, every pre-communist Chinese dynasty?

Well sure.. .except:

>Except they never bothered conquering them, they basically bought off the guy in charge, said work for and promote China (usually the Han) and we won't take you by force.

And that's pretty much why the Tau are not like pre-communist China.

>> No.18861551

>>18861528
That Tau do that, Angkor Prok is an example. Besides, they haven't even given us any detail on the rights of the Gue'vesa.

>> No.18861568

>>18861528
And so do the Tau. Kroot and Vespid have their rights.

Hell the Kroot are even still allowed to eat the fuck out of the dead.

>> No.18861576

>>18861528

which doesn't sound all that analogous of the Tau

>> No.18861583

>>18861568
Even if it creeps the shit out of the Tau.

>> No.18861587

>>18861434
can't be inspired by the Romans.

The Roman Empire is collectively seen as "us". It's familiar to our western culture, it was a huge empire, that stayed huge a long time, and is collectively perceived as such.

The tau, however, are "them", these new guys nobody was expecting, coming out of nowhere, trying to assimilate our planets through propaganda rather than outright brute force.

Plus, the "you can keep your culture" is a lie; the tau seek to enforce their philosophy as much as they can but are hypocritical about it: see post-WW2 eastern europe.
The Imperium, however, does not interfere in the culture and practices of the human peoples they integrate (beyond making them accept Emps as their boss)

>> No.18861603

>>18861528
that's the Imperium. Citizens of the tau empire are supposed to be active, productive members of their new society.

>> No.18861607

>>18861587
Except there is no "us" in 40k, there is only jackasses that look like "us" but are about as far away from "us" as you can possibly be, and everyone else.

>> No.18861618

>>18861551
>>18861568
>>18861576
That's the point. IIRC, the Chinese did not have this practice, making the Tau more Roman than Chinese.

>> No.18861620

>>18861548
>And that's pretty much why the Tau are not like pre-communist China.

to me that sounds exactly why the Tau are like pre-communist china

>>18861568
>>18861551
>>18861548

am I missing some piece of fluff that says how the Tau give full rights to all other species? I know it's not horrible for them, but I still remember them being much lower in the Tau hierarchy

>> No.18861629

>>18861607
the fluff is narrated mostly from the Imperium's point of view. You can't possibly deny that. Even the tau fluff is narrated from the Imperium's point of view.

"we" is the Imperium, the western culture.

>> No.18861657

>>18861629
The writers do that because they are lazy and the IoM is as close to any culture in the real world as my ass is to the dark side of Europa.

>> No.18861684

>>18861587
>the tau seek to enforce their philosophy as much as they can but are hypocritical about it
And you think the Romans didn't!?

The "Us/Them" means jack shit in 40k. Yes the IG are a hodge-podge mess of different IRL military organizations over the past 150 years. But every goddamn alien race in 40k is written by 'us'. They're supposed to be different (or 'them'), but we can't fully do that because we are still humans and our imagination only goes so far. This is what makes the thought about REAL aliens so frightening of a concept... They really would be (or are) drastically different from anything we know or are familiar with. They might not even have things we take for granted... like opposable thumbs, which are exclusively a sapiens trait on our own planet! Name a 40k race without opposable thumbs and a codex on the wall.

>> No.18861697

>>18861657
well your ass must be, then, because the Imperium is not called "Imperium" for kicks.

>> No.18861717

>>18861620
>am I missing some piece of fluff that says how the Tau give full rights to all other species?

I believe you're missing the piece of fluff that says all other species can never have full rights in the Tau Empire.

>> No.18861728

>>18861684
It does mean something. Otherwise, why would the tau sound/look so Asian, and the Imperium so western?

>> No.18861746

>>18861717

That's a fun way of saying neither of us knows the answer to this

>> No.18861763

it's simple:

Imperium=roman empire (plus a ton of other, less relevant things)
Imperium=us
tau=/=imperium
tau=them (and that's how they're presented in the fluff)
therefore, it is highly unlikely that their method of conquest, that is not meaningfully similar to the Romans', would be inspired by it.

That leaves us several possibilities; different flavors of the Yellow Peril, and communism.

>> No.18861781

>>18861684
Tyranids?

>> No.18861787

>>18861241
I regularly do, and I can honestly say that they are okay for their points cost; not particularly good or bad, but they have their place. That place is usually riding in to save a squad bogged down in combat with MCs or MEQs. The lack of grenades really limits them to combat in the open field, but with skilled riders (always take both powers, so useful) they are not limited to just praying their marine save keeps them alive. All in all, not a bad IC/MC hunting unit that rides in to save your own weak-ass troops in combat.

>> No.18861809

>>18861728
Why are the Orks themed so heavily off of the WW2 soviet Red Army when they don't look like them at all? They even have gretchin with a 'red star' as their symbol for revolution/uprising.

Yet they have no tanks, nor are they wearing anything remotely close to the WW2 Red Aarmy uniform.


The reason, is because what something is themed off of has no bearing on what it looks like. The Orks are visually themed off of Mad-Max, super-industrialist soccer hooligans. But thematically are the Red Army. The only blatant 'theme matches visual' is where GW cut corners and doesn't even bother to try... i.e. the spess mehreenz, which are 'viking marines', 'native american marines', 'sparkly vampire marines', 'mongols on bikes marines', 'blacksmith marines', etc. The Horus Heresy, and super quantities of detail, is really more of a way to cover up what is ultimately a very shallow faction of the Imperium.

>> No.18861829

>>18861620
>>18861717
And people have the gall of asking me why I bother with this duty.

What you both are missing is the fact the Tau treat their loyal Non-Tau citizens the same as they treat their own citizens. They are reap the rewards of the Greater Good the same as any Tau.

Your station within the Tau empire depends on your devotion to Tau'va. Devoted Citizens will be elevated to a higher status while the stubborn ones will be treated fairly BUT they will never rise in the Empire of the T'au.

>> No.18861831

>>18861763
Except Us =/= the Romans.

>> No.18861842

>>18861809
>very shallow

only because you've grown accustomed to it, but they are by far one of the most rich fluff elements

>> No.18861849

>>18861358
>You have to be of a very specific blood line to run a titan.

I would have argued it further but I had not known about the bloodline part of it. I relent and apologize.

>Ratlings-conscripts-ordinary IG-veteran IG-Arbites-space marine scouts-space marines-space marine terminators-space marine captains-grey knights-grey knight terminators-grey knight captains. This isn't in perfect order, but I'm not even going to try it, because the arguments would never fucking stop.

I'm not denying that the Imperium doesn't have power levels (and it's really when it comes to Marines, dear god Marines). My point is that so do the Eldar.

>Meanwhile the Japanese have been world leaders in innovation for most of a century now.

Yes, but you also have the "GRORIUS ANCESTOR'S BLADE (TECH)" as a very prominent theme in all (a lot of) things Japanese.

>Eh, I'm not so sure about that, most of their "spirits" are locked up in those soul gems, and aren't very coherent.

Yes but they are (as a whole) when released into the IC. Of course, I'm not going to spout shit without source on that so just give me a minute to find a reference to that.

>Not that much different from the way the Grey Knights are shown to be.

Again, Eldar have it too. That's the point.

The entire point isn't that the Imperium doesn't have these things. It's that when you generalize things, you can easily claim that everything is weeaboo. I could do the same things to Orks if I tried hard enough.

They do.

>> No.18861856

>>18861831
not so different, man. At least, we're closer to them than to any Asian culture.

>> No.18861874

>>18861829
As the person who wrote >>18861717
I believe that came across not quite as I intended.

What I meant was that there is nothing that specifically mentions the Tau giving less rights to all other species in their Empire.

>> No.18861947

>>18861856
Really the only asian influence in the Tau, is the walkers and armor style. Hell the Mongols aren't even "Us", and what do you think the White Scars are based (blatantly) on? And their armor doesn't even remotely resemble anything Mongol. You also have the Valhallan IG which are visually themed off of the Red Army soviets from WW2, and only themed otherwise in the 'human-wave' tactics. And they also are not an 'Us', nor are they anywhere near as Red-Army themed as the Orks are now.

>> No.18861963

>>18861874
Oh Sorry, I tend to get a little trigger happy when I am agitated. Again I let my emotions get the better of me. I should have read your post properly and deduced your intentions.

Now I must mediate on my failure.

>> No.18861964

>>18861849
>I'm not denying that the Imperium doesn't have power levels (and it's really when it comes to Marines, dear god Marines). My point is that so do the Eldar.
The point of my argument is that when talking power levels, the IoM does it more than anyone else, therefore that is their hat.... or rather one of them.

>Yes, but you also have the "GRORIUS ANCESTOR'S BLADE (TECH)" as a very prominent theme in all (a lot of) things Japanese.
Other countries do similar things, Excalibur for example.

>Again, Eldar have it too. That's the point.
Same as above, the IoM is far worse about it, so that's another portion of their hat.

>The entire point isn't that the Imperium doesn't have these things. It's that when you generalize things, you can easily claim that everything is weeaboo. I could do the same things to Orks if I tried hard enough.
That would be interesting, the only thing I can see are human-wave tactics, and that's not really the Japanese.

>> No.18862059

>>18861964
>The point of my argument is that when talking power levels, the IoM does it more than anyone else, therefore that is their hat.... or rather one of them.

I don't really think so. The only part of the army that's big on POWAH LEVELS is Marines and that's only due to how Marine wank works. Now, I'll admit, the main reason for lack of POWAH LEVELS is the fact there's a shit ton of Imperial books compared to Eldar so we get to actually see many more instances of X beating Y but then X losing to Q who beats C but then Y beats Q. But regardless, my point still stands.

>Other countries do similar things, Excalibur for example.

Yes, but again, the point is that Japan does it and if you vaguely generalize things, you can just go "ancient weapon means weeaboo".

>Same as above, the IoM is far worse about it, so that's another portion of their hat.

I don't really see it here either. GK get it in the form of their physic powers, the same as Exarchs (sometimes as I'm sure not every Exarch power is a pyshic power). I can't really think of any other "special moves" besides what a Librarian has (and I wouldn't count that for the same reason I wouldn't count a farseer or warlocks powers).

I don't think the Imperium is worse than the Eldar, because I don't believe any of them to be weeaboo.

>> No.18862094

>>18861947
those guys are an exception.

Plus, the only non-asian influence the tau have is the greek-ish philosophy/political ideology, that can also be traced back to Indian/Chinese cultures. Other than that, their history is reminiscent of the Chinese/Japanese one, the little we know about their culture too.

so, greek influences aside, the tau are nothing if not Asian.

>> No.18862198

>>18862094
>those guys are an exception.

Oh right... Along with Dark Angels (themed after Native Americans and also not an 'Us'), Vostroyan (really well equipped Russians, possibly Kossack), Steel Legion and/or Death Korps of Krieg (both of which are WW1/WW2 Germans, and definitely not an "Us"), Blood Angles (lol vampires), motherfucking viking-marines with a yiff fetish (no one ever wanted Vikings to be an "Us").

And that doesn't even include the exceptions among the armies that aren't even human! Biel-Tan is blatantly 'warrior-monk asian influence', Saim-Hann is 'Scottish barbarians in elf-form and red instead of blue paint', and of course the aforementioned "Ork Red Army".

>> No.18862297

Just a small note regarding what was mentioned earlier about CW Eldar being Space Rednecks/Truckers.
They're really more Space Puritans than anything else by far.

They're what happens when the Puritans are one of the only two of all European cultures to survive a massive cataclysm. It's partly that they simply didn't have enough eldar amongst the craftworlds at the time of The Fall to totally recreate the technology base of the Eldar Empire. Remember, the vast majority of eldar that fled to the craftworlds where those that were already dooming and glooming about the end of the eldar world while everyone else was having a good time. This was not at all analogous to, say, Kerensky's Exodus from BattleTech, where they actively sought out technicians and scientists and shit.
Again, very much like the Puritans; they mostly had faith and stubbornness and not a whole lot else.

>> No.18862316

What they did have the collective knowledge to recreate they in many cases chose to either not use it or let it stagnate on purpose. The reason for not using things, like automation for instance, is they are deathly fucking afraid of getting complacent.
The reason for simply letting things stagnate are in a similar vein, IIRC.
There's also the part where, yeah, they do cling to tradition like a motherfucker.

So, yeah, scared shitless of getting complacent and falling prey to Slaanesh, and preferring the safety and stability of tradition.

There's also the part that they are the most psyker-ish of the races, so they supplement some stuff with psyker abilities as well.

Deldar don't have those luxuries. They don't use psyker abilities, they use slaves in place of automation in a lot of cases anyway, they don't give a fuck about tradition aside from the tradition of betrayl, and because they use no psyker abilities they also see less to lose if they rely on making new tech.
Of course something tells me that a lot of their 'new' tech is actually mostly derived from leftovers as well, considering how horrible the Eldar Empire go to being in its last days.

>> No.18863069

>> No.18863086

>>18863069
Necdar? Elcron?

>> No.18863861

>>18863086
If Xeno were an elf, instead of an actual space alien.

>> No.18867436

just usin thread to show a pic, since it looks about to fall off the board.

>> No.18867455

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action