Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.17846182 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

How would you make Warhammer Fantasy as interesting and cool as 40K /tg/?

>> No.17846210

>40k
>interesting
>cool
Sorry, somebody had to.

>> No.17846216

>>17846182
leave it as it is because its already as cool as 40k

>> No.17846224

You mean it isn't?

>> No.17846247

I'll give you the honest reason I chose 40k over it: when I first entered my FLGS nobody was playing it compared to at least 6 people playing a game of 40k (and this was a random weekday afternoon). I just figured it was less popular.

>> No.17846260

it's actually cooler to me than 40k. instead of
>EVERYONE KILLS EVERYONE BECAUSE HATE PURIFIES or something
you have nations with uneasy alliances and regional wars and some small amount of politickery but everyone still fucking hates chaos and skaven and undeads

>> No.17846271

>>17846247
It is less popular. Way less popular, in fact. Not as bad as LotR, though, which actually has the best rule system out of the 3 IMO.

>> No.17846285

>>17846271
Actually, WFB is more popular in Europe than 40k.
inb4
>yurop

>> No.17846290

In order to make Fantasy as interesting and cool as 40k, you'd have to make Fantasy less interesting and cool.

So, shouldn't be too hard a task.

>> No.17846299

>>17846285
I could see that. LotR still needs way more players, though.

>> No.17846306

Kinda hard to. 40k is pretty much on its own for over the top sci-fi fantasy that involves lots of fighting.

Fantasy, meanwhile, is pretty easy to confuse with any of a number of other fantasy settings. Dwarves, elves, Orks, barbarians from the north, Ogres, and humans...pretty easy to confuse with D&D to most people.

>> No.17846308

>>17846271
>Way less popular
thats a tad over stating it, its only a little less popular than 40k, a majoirty of the gamers i know simply play both, but theres more who only play 40k than those who only play fantasy.

>> No.17846309

>>17846299
Worst part of LotR is all the people who play it play War of the Ring.

>> No.17846327

>>17846271
>talking about a British company
>implying USA=The World

>> No.17846339

>>17846327
>Implying I can go play with Europeans.

>> No.17846341

It looks pretty interesting and cool, so I'd leave it as it is.

Now, if you want to make as well known, on the other hand, that's a different matter.
For my money, make better PC games. The only reason I know about 40K is because of Dawn of war, and that got me interested in the universe. So try to make more RTS's to get more people interested.

>> No.17846347

>>17846260
that exists in 40k too, theres numerous examples of the eldar, imperium, dark eldar, necrons and tau teaming up with each other. and Chaos and orks get togetherfrom time to time as well

>> No.17846350

>>17846341
You HAVE played Mark of Chaos, right?

>> No.17846374

>>17846347
As far as I'm concerned, those are all Wardisms. They're inconsistent with the flavor of the universe so I assume none of those actually happened.

Except Tau x Eldar, that seems to make sense.

>> No.17846383

>>17846350

I have, but to me, that was more "TOTAL WAR WITH FANTASY" Than it's own game.
I liked it, but damn, I like building things.

>> No.17846388

>>17846347
when you know the fluff well all those alliances seem really fucking stupid. like the one in the new necron codex, what is it necrons and ig? the entire regiment would be exterminated for xenolust

>> No.17846392

Just a query I have. How interconnected are these two universes? I mean didn't the liber choatica books have a guy hallucinate about Commoraghh and the "Knights of Grey"

>> No.17846401

>>17846383
>I have, but to me, that was more "TOTAL WAR WITH FANTASY" Than it's own game.
But... that's what Warhammer Fantasy is.

>> No.17846408

>>17846392
It used to be a daemon world in the warp, but now who knows.

>> No.17846434

You can't. The background of universe of 40k is so fucking big and allows for sooooo much more homebrew stories and stuff to develop. Afterall, rather than using single planet, you're using the whole fucking galaxy.

>> No.17846435

>>17846374
the only one ward did was necrons teaming up with anyone.
All the other stuff occurs in pre ward fluff

>> No.17846450

>>17846434
And then another galaxy filled with zerg.

>> No.17846458

>>17846392
used to be, now they're not though.

>> No.17846466

>>17846392
They are so connected that Sigmar is a lost Primarch and that some Chaos dude found a chainsword in the North Pole.

And GW says they aren't connected anymore, which is stupid.

>> No.17846468

>>17846408
Oh really? When was this the earlier editions?

>>17846392

That guy also saw shit about Angron, the Emperor's Children, the Fall of the "Elder" and the "Abandoned One" (Abbadon).

I know that GW has taken a stance that both universes are separate but fuck em.

Sigmar was a primarch in my books
Shit got lovecraftian, I think that's why the guy went insane when he reached Tzeentch. He realised how utterly insignificant he was.

>> No.17846469

>>17846434
>40k is so fucking big and allows for sooooo much more homebrew stories and stuff to develop

WHF takes place on one planet and the different sort of stories you can tell easily dwarfs 40K's entire galaxy of the same shit happening because GW intentionally keeps the setting as 1-dimensional as possible.

>> No.17846473

>>17846392
i'd say parallel universe, accesable via sorcery, (there was a case of a chaos champion from fantasy getting into 40kverse, afair) but without physical connection (there's too many differences between them now to fantasy being a planet in 40k be possible, like few editions ago)

>> No.17846475

>>17846392
World in the Eye of Terror, Sigmar may have been a primarch, and the 40k universe was located in a bottle in the vault at Aldorf's wizard college. Official word now is that they are separate, mostly. Chainswords sometimes fall through the Realms of Chaos, but there is no WHFB planet in 40k's universe.

>> No.17846487

>>17846401
Ok, fair point.
But I like the economic side to games, I like to change what my army is mid game, I don't like being stranded with just the army I have.

Also, it needed more races, I wanted to play Tomb Kings and Brettonia.

>> No.17846504

> and the 40k universe was located in a bottle in the vault at Aldorf's wizard college.

What, what whaaat?

Please explain and provide a source. This sounds incredibly funny

>> No.17846513

>>17846468
Yeah, a while back. Sigmar was theorized as a lost primarch, the old ones were supposedly heavily involved with the planet at one point, and the northern wastes eventually led straight into the warp IIRC. I also remember Chaos Champions running around with bolters and chainswords gifted to them by the Dark Gods.

>> No.17846528

>>17846487
>But I like the economic side to games
>Also, it needed more races
These are points I will certainly concede. I love the empire building aspect of TW.

>> No.17846537

>>17846468
Is this, by chance, that Sigmar priest that went on to become the Everchosen?

>> No.17846550

>>17846537
Archaon? Probably.

>> No.17846551

>>17846285
Swedenfag here.

In my city there is a 3:1 ratio of 40K to fantasy players.
I think this comes from teh fact that almsot every fantasy player in my city is a complete jerkass that either will argue over a half-a-millimeter or tweak the rules in his favor and them gloat about winning.

The 40K crowd in my city is pretty cool over-all. Sure we've got one or two creeps (one is a confirmed aspergers case and has some other kind of mental disability) but we are mostly bro's. Example: we had a tourney this weekend and everyone turned up with fluff-accurate lists instead of powergamy netlists. Heck, the Tau player actually won the entire tourney.

>> No.17846553

>>17846285
Bullshit it is.

>> No.17846559

Am I the only one who thought that WH40k is simply set 40.000 years after the birth of Sigmar? Would make sense...

>> No.17846562

Sigmar wasn't a primarch, he was born, from a vagina.

>> No.17846568

>>17846513
Apparently one could summon chaos space marines but that got rightfully retconned ( if it was true)

>Up yours chieftan, I don't have to follow a meek little paperskin like you, I'm a fucking super human enhanced by my pacts. Give me one reason why I should follow you

>> No.17846578

>>17846559
Nah, that's disproved in the fluff. Emps is the combined aspect of a bunch of shamans or something, which is obviously so superior fluff wise. No sarcasm here.

>> No.17846583

>>17846559
No it wouldn't.

>> No.17846585

>>17846559
No... just no.

Also loads of references to our world in 40k. Like did you know Mount Rushmore survived the age of strife? Look up the Last Church

>> No.17846589

>>17846551
>>17846553
Well, maybe not whole yurop, but where i live (pic related) it is, although 40k is getting more popular nowadays and it may become more popular than fantasy in few years

>> No.17846603

>>17846559
HEY GUISE, SIGMAR IS THE EMPRAH!

lolno.

>> No.17846607

Fantasy needs a Space marine equivalent. Then it might stand a chance of being as popular as 40k.

>> No.17846619

>>17846559
That wouldn't make sense because it is clearly stated that Holy Terra is our Earth, not WF planet. Also, Slaanesh is existent in fantasy, and he wsa born ot so long before rise of the empire and horus heresy

>> No.17846630

>>17846578
>>17846583
>>17846585
None of you explained why....
I never said Terra is the same place as the warhammer world. Nor did I say Sigmar is the same emperor people worship on the 40k timeline but why couldn't it be true?

>> No.17846643

>>17846607
it has one already, chaos warriors.

>> No.17846653

Hey!

Warhammer Fantasy is obviously a fantasy setting. So where are the Half Elves or any other half breed?

>> No.17846662

>>17846630
why are there eldar humanns and ork on the same planet, and why aren't the orks and eldar using their much more advanced technology to take it over?

>> No.17846677

>>17846630
Orc/ks would have over run a primitive world by then, they've been around for thousands of years with nothing to cull them off.

If there is no real connection between them then why would it make sense when we have a calendar in the real world we could use instead?

>> No.17846687

>>17846653
Interesting query. I've never played fantasy, nor 40k, I don't even know how to play a game ( due to none of my friends being interested and family having very bad experiences from it, we were too young to get into warhammer yet we did long story). But one thing I do know about is the fluff.

Now the Eldar would recoil in horror at the notion of a human/eldar child. Now if the High Elves are more or less the same in terms of attitude than yeah they would feel the same way. Same goes for most others I guess

>> No.17846688

>>17846653
Get the fuck out.

>> No.17846690

>>17846643
Those are Chaos Marine equivalents, it needs enhanced not-evil men.

>> No.17846703

>>17846653
inb4 because GW are Nazis

>> No.17846707

>>17846653
>where are the Half Elves or any other half breed?

The mary sue pit.

>> No.17846708

>>17846687
>>17846653
I remember reading on this board that a dev at GW said that there were half human, half eldar hybrids in the Dark City to maintain a balance of some sort. That true?

>> No.17846717

>>17846690
Can you imagine the butthurt that would result if the Empire or Brettonia got infantry that were as good as Chaos Warriors?

>> No.17846718

>>17846690
well theres the bretonians, IIRC they get blessings from their god too.
Also they're Knights so they've got the same theme as space marines.

>> No.17846719

>>17846504
Sadly, no source, just something I see tossed around now and again.
Basically: WHFB planet in in the Eye of Terror
On that planet, in a bottle, is the entire universe. Recursive existence, bitches.

>> No.17846729

>>17846708
Well Haemonculi could probably fuck with some genetics.

>> No.17846752

How grim dark is fantasy? I mean is there any hope?Will mankind survive? Is there light at the end of the tunnel

>> No.17846759

>>17846408
The entire universe of warhammer 40k is in a snowglobe in a wizards study

>> No.17846761

>>17846752
Much more than in 40K. Also the good guys usually stomp Chaos's ass even after taking a beating.

>> No.17846763

>>17846717
Yes, but this would have to be a new faction.

>>17846718
Pissy little ward saves ain't shit, these guys would need to be able to fist fight a Chaos Warrior and stand an even chance of winning.

>> No.17846784

>>17846752
Not entirely sure. I mean I play 40k but my eye has wandered over to Fantasy ( get back here you).

Anyways one thing I have heard however is how the Bretonnians are complete pricks to the lower class. They don't give two shits about them apparently, shown by their inbreeding.

>> No.17846785

>>17846717

Chaos butthurt is always good, it has one of the most obnoxious playerbases.

In 40k they're always crying "BAWWW MUH 10K YAR OLD SUPERVETERAN SPIKY MARINES AREN'T BETTER THAY YOUR 100 YEAR OLD LOYALISTS", not letting the fact that they've always had the same statlines hinder their buttrage.

Fantasy worriors of choas players have had their entitlement catered to far too long, humans, elves and dorfs do deserve some real elites.

>> No.17846797

>>17846761

But that happens in 40k too, and not just in the Grey Knights codex.

>> No.17846812

I like fantasy because it plays like Total war, I like the squads and formations and such. The people I play with are pretty easy going, friendly, and hygienic, unlike the 40k people at my LGS. I just started playing WH and i brought my figures up to the shop to get painting tips from the old guy working there. He was cool but there was a group of 40k guys that smelled awful, kept yelling and arguing with eachother, and then eventually came over to mock mey painting, my newness, and the fact that I played Fantasy and not SPACE MARINES.

So I feel like Fantasy is for more easy going people, based on my experience.

Although the 40k lore is original and pretty cool, whereas fantasy is fairly....predictable. Fantasy used to have a lot of cool non pc armies like the pigmies and Yamato. Those had fairly racist lore though

>> No.17846813

>>17846718
In many ways Bretonnians play more like IGs than Spess Marines.

Your peasants are your guardsmen, weapon platforms, etc. Your knights are your Russes.

>> No.17846859

>>17846763
so Ogres or lizardmen then?
or does it have to be human?

>> No.17846862

>>17846797
But you don't give a shit in 40K because EVERYONE is just as rotten as each other and the universe is an irredeemable shithole of hilarious proportions.
In Fantasy you can indulge in much more big goddamn heroes scenarios for the sheer fact that big goddamn heroes actually exist and not everyone is a baby-raping asshole.

>> No.17846907

>>17846350
Mark of chaos was the worst gaming experience of my life.

It wasn't the worst game, but it was the most dull one.
It had loading screens for it's loading screens, and both took 20 minutes. Combat was sluggish, the units looked like tiny insignificant dots, nothing you did really mattered, the duelling mechanic made combat even slower, and everything moved at a sluggish pace.

>> No.17846914

Simple. Solkan makes a come back, other gods of law can eat a dick, he then calls out to the most bad ass men around the world and buffs them up, they'll work with other humans but generally have an independent streak a mile wide. Fantasy Space Marines with Solkan back as an Emprah proxy.

>> No.17846915

>>17846859
Lizardmen would probably be the easiest. Problem is the whole "1-2 less WS, 4-6 less Initiative" thing.

>> No.17846918

I like WFB because no matter how large the shoulder armour gets, it's still alot better looking than any Space Marines.

>> No.17846921

>>17846812
It varies, so much.

It's more like, the smelly, angry, obnoxious dicks are often drawn to eachother, creating an annoying fanbase in your club, which might be the other way around in another club.

>> No.17846931

>>17846859
>does it have to be human?

Yes.

>> No.17846938

Make the entry barrier for Fantasy smaller. Having to buy 100 models to make a 1500 army is ridiculous.

>> No.17846958

>>17846915

Dorfs have the strength, toughness and WS, but again movement and initiative are sub-par.

>> No.17846969

>>17846785
My Ironbreakers and my mate's Swordmasters have kicked some Chaos ass in their day. But that's because the Chaos players in our club are kids whose tactics consist of "ATTACKATTACKATTACK!! WRYYYYYYYYYYYY"

>> No.17846994

Who the heck needs spehs marens when you have THESE guys?

>> No.17846999

>>17846859
>Ogres

Fat and unappealing, no cool armor.

>lizardmen

Cool, but not in the same way a Space Marine is.

>does it have to be human?

Yeah.

>>17846958
>Dorfs

Too short.

>> No.17847000

>>17846938
you could play an army other than skaven, hell if you want really small you can do 1500 of ogres with only ~20 models.

>> No.17847007

I think the religious angle is done better in 40k than in fantasy. You have the Emperor, an almost unknowable, incredibly powerful figure who is wrapped in myth in legend yet all of Imperium hinges on his existence. Sigmar is more down to earth, man who became a god(?). Things in 40k are more shrouded in superstition and myth ,and it shows with the things they create while fantasy is more....logical?

Also the witchhunters in fantasy just don't have the depth of the inquisition in 40k.

>> No.17847012

>>17846994
Short, fat, slow and hairy. Not Space Marine material.

>> No.17847017

>>17847000

OK, 100 was an exaggeration, but it's still a FAR higher entry barrier than 40k.

I hate the idea of buying box after box of core because 8th is hordehammer.

>> No.17847021

>>17846859
Saurus are basically Space Marines. They're a genetically modified warrior race

...created by space frogs in outer space

>>17846763
>these guys would need to be able to fist fight a Chaos Warrior and stand an even chance of winning.
just give Brets foot knights with great weapons. Regular KotR are plenty capable on the charge, and you have guys like the Grail/Questing Knights when you want some heavy hitters

I don't need nor want a space marine expy in my brets, thank you very much.

>> No.17847022

>>17846999
>Cool, but not in the same way a Space Marine is.

Do yourself a favor and just... never play anything other than spess mehreens. Thank god for forty-kay's glorious ability to keep players like you from polluting the rest of gamer society.

>> No.17847036

>>17847012
They don't need to be space marine material.

Complain about them being short, fat, slow and hairy when they pop up behind your marine lines, ready to fuck some shit up.

If more people used Dwarf Miners, WH40k would be tiny.

>> No.17847057

>>17847007

But we do know what the Emperor is, and how he works, and what are his chances of resurrecting. It's all in the Realms of Chaos books, that stuff is still canon just like Warhammer Roleplay 1st edition cosmology still holds for Fantasy.

>> No.17847109

>>17847021
>Saurus are basically Space Marines. They're a genetically modified warrior race

But then you can't get the whole super human vibe of Space Marines.

>just give Brets foot knights with great weapons. Regular KotR are plenty capable on the charge, and you have guys like the Grail/Questing Knights when you want some heavy hitters

Chaos slaps their shit on even terms, they need to be even.

>I don't need nor want a space marine expy in my brets, thank you very much.

Neither do I, for this to be successful they'd need their own army or six.

>>17847022
I already play Fantasy, I even play Lizardmen, Aztec dinosaur men are cool but they're not the same kind of cool as Space Marines.

>> No.17847151

>>17847109
you're trying to campaign for super-human warriors in a setting where not only are regular humans already able to hold their ground... but super human warriors ALREADY exist in the form of chaos warriors

adding in ANOTHER "not-chaos" warrior faction would dilute the races, and ultimately be bad for the game as a whole. I mean, christ, we already have three elf armies, no need to make it any worse

>> No.17847154

I've never actually met anyone whose knowledge of 40k has exceeded the PC games. Everyone around these parts that collected the miniatures where dedicated to Fantasy.

>> No.17847159

>>17847057
Yes we the reader know. The Emperor is a much more potent object of worship who due to his psychic abilities, the sacrifices that have to be made to him, and his role in Imperium.

>> No.17847166

>>17847007
>You have the Emperor, an almost unknowable, incredibly powerful figure who is wrapped in myth in legend

You're aware the Horus Heresy novels basically shit allover that and portray the Emperor as some arrogant retard and all the Primarchs as bratty roid raging kids, right?

>> No.17847220

Fantasy doesn't NEED a Sphess Mehreen equivalent because one of the backbones of the setting is how the strength of MEN and their allies can push back the darkness with blood sweat and sinew, not because of genetically modified supermen hogging all the spotlight by being superheroes.

>> No.17847222

>>17847151
And yet I think that it would increase interest in Fantasy to have Fantasy Marines.

>> No.17847223

>>17847166
I haven't really read into them because I didn't want to be disappointed and rather have the Horus Heresy as something surrounded in myth and legend.

>> No.17847235

>>17847223
Yeah well too bad because GW is taking a cue from George Lucas and illustrating in painstaking detail EVERY event that took place during that era.

>> No.17847251

>>17847220
This, by Sigmar.
We don't WANT all the kids who play SMs because they're SO COOL to come over to Fantasy. Honestly I think Fantasy is fine.

>> No.17847269

>>17847220
That backbone is weak.

>>17847251
Sigmar is a scrub.

>> No.17847343

fuck your space marines we have GLORIOUS ENGINEERING!

>> No.17847356

>>17847235
It's a pity that it's focusing on 1 single aspect of it too. And the Horus Heresy isn't even that interesting.

>> No.17847373

>>17847269
oh look it's that guy.

like >>17847220 said, it's about every man, elf, and dwarf doing his or her own part in repelling the forces of evil. Instead of being about a super army of a nation, it's about the people of the nation, it's about the every man aspect. The blood, sweat, and sinew of every man fighting for a purpose.

>> No.17847376

>>17847343
Just shitty AdMech.

I think this is Fantasy's problem, its humans are just a pale reflection of 40k.

>> No.17847384

>>17847376

>> No.17847396

>>17847373
People only pretend to care about the everyman, what they want is a superman.

>> No.17847451

>>17847396
Eat a dick you GW drone.

>> No.17847453

>>17847269
Sigmar is a pretty cool guy. Eh fought teh Orcs and teh Chaoses and didn't afraid of anything.

>> No.17847504

>>17847451
U mad.

>>17847453
But he's just have the oomph of the Emperor.
I think this comes in part with having to share a pantheon with other gods and because the Empire has other living supreme leaders.

>> No.17847684

>>17847504
The Emperor is a fucking dick. Sigmar is the ultimate bro. Sigmar lacks mystery because he's not an aspie like you.

>> No.17847722

>>17847684
Who cares about mystery? The Emperor has a solid presence, Sigmar may as well not be there, we already have Karl Franz. But then again who gives a shit about Karl Franz?

>> No.17847774

To me, the Empire in WHF is infinitely more interesting in 40k. Sigmar? Really fuckin' awesome guy. Empire? SUPER FUCKIN BROS WITH THE DWARFS, FUCK YEAH. Warrior priests? In my opinion, cooler than spess mehreens. Witch Hunters? Inquisitors are awfully similar and anything I like about Inquisitors is basically taken from Witch Hunters.

Except Jokaero, I love those guys.

>> No.17847824

>>17847722
>Emperor
>solid presence
The Emperor is rotting yet alive. He only has a presence in the sense that we know where he is. I'm not even trying to diss 40k, but I prefer Fantasy the way it is.

>> No.17847851

>>17847722
Karl Franz? You mean the really good politician?

I love that guy.

>> No.17847869

>>17847824
The Emperor's presence is monolithic, nearly everything done by the main faction is done in his name. He is their god and their mortal leader.

Sigmar on the other hand was a guy who then went and buggered off to become a god, but there are already human gods so he ends up not really standing out. The mortal leader is just this puny little human called Karl.

>> No.17848024

>>17847869
Your points about Karl Franz are invalid considering that he's infinitely badass compared to the Lords of fucking Terra.

>> No.17848069

>>17848024
The high lords are just nameless underlings, we know that they exist, but the Emperor is the clear leader.

>> No.17848074

>>17847869
>The mortal leader is just this puny little human called Karl.

Hahaha... NO.
You are just jealous about his mad diplomatic and fighting skills.
He is a man who personally entered and left Athel Loren unharmed.
He is a man that talked Elves in helping him in fight against rampaging tribe of minotaurs and beastmen.
He is a man who has a goddamn beast zoo, dragon included.
He is a man riding to battle on a griffon, that is so loyal to him, that it saved his life when Emperor was unconscious from wounds in the middle of a battle against Brettonians.
He is our beloved leader, and beacon of hope to all men in those dark days.


To sum up, dear fellow, you are just a simply hater.
Brettonian or Tilean, probably?

>> No.17848101

>>17848069
>clear leader
>tormented carcass plugged into a gigantic toilet vaguely communicating through tarot cards that are more time than not incorrectly interpreted while the Imperium he spent centuries building shits down it's own throat

>> No.17848153

>>17848074
Yeah he can talk, but so what? There's nothing to set him apart besides being a richfag.

>>17848101
Yes clear leader, he may not be giving many orders, but it is by his will that the Imperial machine moves.

>> No.17848185

>>17848153
>he may not be giving many orders

I would think not, being that he's pretty busy being dead

>> No.17848241

>>17848185
But he's not dead.

>> No.17848280

>>17848153
>Yeah he can talk, but so what?
...
Seriously, dude...

>> No.17848312

I play WFRP. The fluff in those books are miles better than 40k's.

>>17847007
>has not read the Tome of Salvation

>> No.17848327

>>17848280
What? He's easily replaced, there are plenty of people skilled in diplomacy.

>> No.17848380

>>17848327
Karl Franz turned the Empire around by sponsoring not just the military but the sciences and the arts, encouraging academia instead of forcing everyone to be retards like is the day to day state of affairs in the Emprah's glorious Imperium of man.

>> No.17848446

>>17847109
>they'd need their own army or six
Get the fuck out.

>> No.17848472

>>17848380
>Karl Franz turned the Empire around by sponsoring not just the military but the sciences and the arts, encouraging academia instead of forcing everyone to be retards like is the day to day state of affairs in the Emprah's glorious Imperium of man.

And when he dies he will be replaced. And no one would care.
Seriously that's the difference, KF dies and is replaced by Baldrick IV in the next Empire armybook? Okay.
Emprah dies in the next codex? Huge shitstorm.

>> No.17848497

>>17848446
No.

>> No.17848508

>>17848472
I'm pretty sure if Karl dies unexpectedly the Empire is going to backslide into shit-central without his charisma holding the alliances and provinces together.

>> No.17848531

>>17847109
>Lizardmen aren't as cool as Space Marines
Space marines are goofy, 300-style spartans in space.

Lizardmen are savage Aztec warriors with bloated frog demigods for wizards.

I'd take lizardmen any day.

>> No.17848532

>>17848508
Except it probably wouldn't, his son would probably just get elected.

>> No.17848539

The reason I like Warhammer Fantasy more than 40k is the simple fact the Empire, in the long run, cannot win. Its explicitly stated that eventually Chaos is going to win, probably sooner than later.

They have no 11th hour gamble like 'The Emperor Reborn' or the return of the Primarchs to save their bacon. They don't have legions of space marines that can spank the ass of anything out of existence.

They are going to be swept away by the tides of Chaos. Everything they do is just forestalling the inevitable.

>> No.17848554

>>17848531
I didn't say they aren't as cool, just that they are a different kind of cool.

>> No.17848557

>>17848327
OK, I'll try to pretend you are not trolling.
Karl Franz is also widely acclaimed as mighty warrior and commander. One of the best humans ever had.
He killed black orc warlord in personal combat.
His war record is definitely better than that of Archaon, the so called "Everchosen of Chaos".


Why so much hate, man?

>> No.17848614

>>17848472
Too bad the Emprah is basically dead anyways.
He's NOT the clear leader, that's the Lords of Terra. They don't even have fucking names they're so pathetic. Karl Franz is miles beyond them.

>> No.17848632

>>17848539
Is that why Chaos constantly gets it's face stomped the fuck in and sent scrabbling back to the northern wastes shaking it's fist about how they'll win next time?
Fuck you and your nihilistic masturbation you fat fuck.

>> No.17848640

>>17848557
He's a man, pretty cool man, but just a man. I don't hate him, but the Emperor is much more important and better in most respects.

>> No.17848658

>>17848632
FUCK YEAH

>> No.17848667

>>17848614
But he's not dead, and the high lords can't be the clear leaders because they are nameless and don't outrank each other.

>> No.17848670

>>17848640
The Emperor is 'better' in that he's a 14 year old's DBZ wet dream come to life and amounted to little more than the best of tyrants at most.

>> No.17848675

Warhammer Fantasy is far too family oriented.

>> No.17848702

>>17848670
The Emperor is better in that nearly the entire setting hinges on him, Karl Franz just really isn't important.

>> No.17848707

>>17848675
>Warhammer Fantasy is far too family oriented.

Wut.

>> No.17848721

>>17848675
I lol'd
>>17848667
The Lords of Terra are the ones who do all the actual governing now, so your argument is invalid. They are a bunch of aspies (like you) who sit on Terra and say "Herpderp, let's sanction death of billions LOL".

>> No.17848723

Warhammer Fantasy has Lizardmen and Skaven.

All opposing arguments are invalid.

>> No.17848750

>>17848721
The Emperor endures eternal pain to keep the Imperium running, if he gives up it's over.

>> No.17848763

>>17848723
40k has the Hrud, which used to be a little footnote that amounted to Skaven IN SPACE! but then they got... weird.

>> No.17848772

>>17848750
In Fantasy, it's already over. It's about making the most of the time you have to keep the people safe for one more day.

By the humans, for the humans.

>> No.17848780

>>17848531
You are a wise men.
also.
>Liking anything other than your froggy overlords
I'm going to send the temple guard.

>> No.17848791

>>17848721
>>17848750
Way to not address the point whatso fucking ever. Go drown in your autism.

>> No.17848794

>>17848772
Again, people want supermen over men.

>> No.17848798

>>17848702
I still cannot see how "more important" equals "better".
At least Empire players can field their Emperor on the battlefield.

By the way, why do you keep comparing poor old Franz with being melted from 20,000 neolitic shamans?
Take Sigmar, at least he is also worshiped as a god...

>> No.17848821

Knights of the Blazing Sun are hardcore as fuck.

>> No.17848861

>>17848791
The point is that the Emperor is the leader, the top dog, head honcho or whatever. Without him all is lost, almost everything is done for him and everyone is below him.

>>17848798
I've all ready been over Sigmar, he shares too much of a stage, he could just not exist or have died and everything would fundamentally be the same, Ulric or Morr or whatever could pick up the slack.

>> No.17848862

>>17848794
Not really. Empire is quite popular army, while most of it's troops wear pyjamas.
Colorful pyjamas.

>> No.17848876

>>17848862
Their popularity is small compared to that of the Space Marines.

>> No.17848900

>>17848821
Pff, I would pick Reiksguard everyday.
Suns are okay I guess, but you know, that Myrmidia worshiping makes them a bit suspicious.

>> No.17848903

>>17848876
Space Marines appeal most to the braindead American retards and kids so that's no surprise.

>> No.17848947

>>17848903
Please, continue to be mad.

>> No.17848953

>>17848861
The point actually was that since the Emperor doesn't do shit but sit on his throne, you can't claim he is the overall leader. Also, since you're refusing to address your autism, I clearly have correctly diagnosed it.

>> No.17848962

>>17848876
Hmm, maybe thats because there are many other interesting and varied armies?

You know, I can't get what your problem is.
I play Space Marines myself (Flesh Tearers), but I never thought about implementing them to Fantasy.
They just don't belong there.
Why are you forcing it so much?

>> No.17848971

>>17848962
40Kids determine the worth of any setting based on how many Sphess Mehreens are there.

>> No.17849006

>>17848953
He keeps daemons at bay and directs the astronomican.

>> No.17849013

You can't really, not without some radical changes.

The fantasy setting's an in-some-ways-cooler-than-average fantasy setting. Skaven and Lizardmen are as original as it gets. Besides that it's nice that you've the German empire, gun powder coming in, and the other human faction's knights in their full pageantry.

But it has nothing on orks that're fungi growing bigger as they fight, being led by the toughest, being broken if there's no leader, and sending out their spores in death
OR
elves degenerating into S&M cultists whose souls merged into a hermaphroditic god of S&M causing storms throughout the galaxy, isolating human worlds for an age, before tearing a hole in the fabric of reality and giving birth to the fourth (and presumably most powerful from the effects of its' birth) chaos god
OR
the tau as nipponese communists who enslave and sterilize other races
OR
the Tyrannids, who inspired the Zerg, a locust swarm with such a strong psychic prescence it jams psychic communication and causes madness, evolving quickly, adapting to its' enemies, slumbering on planets awaiting a new period of digestion
OR
Necrons, terminator mummies whose star-eating gods were corrupted by taking a fleshly form and turned them into reapers of souls
OR
the psychic wraith-bone of craftworlds pulsing as a prince is sacrificed to the Eldar god Khaine, walking from the transformation chamber with molten iron for blood.

Overall it just seems there's a lot more creativity and ecology to the design of factions in 40k. In Fantasy it's like, "here's the new race the Ogres"
>what's cool about them?
they're mongols on foot who eat alot and acculturate to other people.

>> No.17849041

>>17849013
>But it has nothing on orks that're fungi growing bigger as they fight, being led by the toughest, being broken if there's no leader, and sending out their spores in death

you are the biggest goddamn retard

>> No.17849048

>>17849006
By sitting on his ass. Kill yourself.

>> No.17849055

>>17848962
I'm not forcing anything, I just think having a Space Marine equivalents in Fantasy would get some people interested.

>> No.17849063

>>17849013
>But it has nothing on orks that're fungi growing bigger as they fight, being led by the toughest, being broken if there's no leader, and sending out their spores in death
Orcs, older orc=black, they got some crazy shit goin' on.
>elves degenerating into S&M cultists whose souls merged into a hermaphroditic god of S&M
dark elves lurv slaanesh and have cults for it.
>the tau as nipponese communists who enslave and sterilize other races
"SO GRIMDERP GUISEEE" also, nipon or something like that exists on fantasy, but yeah you have a point.
>the Tyrannids, who inspired the Zerg, a locust swarm with such a strong psychic prescence it jams psychic communication and causes madness, evolving quickly, adapting to its' enemies, slumbering on planets awaiting a new period of digestion
And you have a point.
>Necrons, terminator mummies whose star-eating gods were corrupted by taking a fleshly form and turned them into reapers of souls
BITCHES AND NEWFAGS DON'T KNOW ABOUT MAH SPEHS TOMB KINGS!
>Eldar god Khaine, walking from the transformation chamber with molten iron for blood.
Like... the one in fantasy?

>> No.17849079

>>17849048
Calm down buddy, there's no need to be upset.

>> No.17849099

>>17849006
>He keeps daemons at bay
Which is a problem that is directly his fault for sticking his dick where it didn't belong
>and directs the astronomican.
Glad to see that he made sure Humanity was enslaved to him forever.

>> No.17849153

>>17849099
>Which is a problem that is directly his fault for sticking his dick where it didn't belong

Not just on Terra, and that's really more Tzeentch's fault, but if the Emperor dies the the galaxy will once more enter old night.

>Glad to see that he made sure Humanity was enslaved to him forever.

He endures constant pain and lives a miserable life, he hardly got a good deal.

>> No.17849155

>>17849013
Um, sorry, but you are wrong about the orcs and Elves.
Do you really know the Fantasy setting?

>>17849055
Ok, I'll be brutal. If you want a WS/S/T/I 4 and sv +3 army, take Warriors of Chaos, pick "Undivided" and pretend they are your glorious uberhumans.

Also you can pretend Ogres are just big superhumans. Look at them, three wounds on one model! Aren't they just great!?

Otherwise, please drop the idea.

>> No.17849192

>>17849155
I already play Fantasy, I don't want to play Fantasy Space Marines, I just think it would get more people interested in Fantasy if they existed.

>> No.17849301

>>17849192
>I just think it would get more people interested in Fantasy if they existed.
Probably you are right.But ask yourself, would that be good for game? I don't think so.

Anyway, it's almost 3am for me, Eurofag signing off.

>> No.17849350

>>17849301
Might not be good, but the point of the thread was to make Fantasy as interesting as 40k. Space Marines seem to interest lots of 40k players and so might bring some more interest to Fantasy. Good night.

>> No.17849534

Fantasy's Space Marine equivalent are the Brettonians. The Brets are the equivalent of how 2nd Edition Marines played, powerful, expensive, and need to be played perfectly.

>> No.17849712

>>17849350
>>17849192
Fantasy does need Space marine to cool, it needs to be more GRIMDARK and EXTERME, like the Empire should be covered in SKULL and CHAINSAWS and FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING and HAVE BALLS OF STEEL and KILL EVERYTHING BECAUSE GENOCIDE GETS ME HARD. And there should be officers who are NAZI-COMMIES WITH GIANT CHAINSAWS AND FISTS who are as GRIM AS FUCK AND KILL ANYONE WHO ISN'T MURDERING BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T COMMIT ACTS OF GENOCIDE ARE FAGGOTS. AND THEY SHOULD SWEAR ALL THE FUCKING TIME, BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS MATURE!

>> No.17850499

>>17846383
No it wasn't. Total War is armies. MoC was like platoons or some shit. It wasn't Total War's scale in the slightest. Total War has morale mechanics values for actions, so on so forth. MoC didn't. MoC had clunky slow combat that was mind numbing to play. Total War will at least keep you active.

The only thing that MoC had in its favor was that the limited roster meant I couldn't build up the world's strongest economy and shit out elite troops to roflstomp my opponents.

>> No.17852363

>>17849712
What this thread needs is less of your derpy hyperbole.
What FB needs is fewer armys fighting in puffy-sleeved jammies and plumed berets.
Also, last I heard (from Jervis), SM models make up the VAST majotity of GW's model sales. So, it's tough to see how FB could be more popular except in isolated instances.

>> No.17855132

>>17852363
There is one such army. Empire. And in my opinion it's cool.
If you want Space Marines keep playing W40k.
You do not implement modern tanks or IFV to ancient Rome era game only because "they sell better than those stupid elephants and hoplites".
Shit just ain't logical.

>> No.17855145

>>17849712
Forget it Jake, he's too busy jerking off to his "Emprah".

>> No.17855157

*fake mustache* yes...boo space marines. who would ever thing that was cool.

>> No.17855253

>>17855157
They are cool, man, but in their own setting.
For example, I like both roman legions and WWII armies, but that doesn't mean mixing them is a good idea.
The same goes with Space Marines in fantasy setting. It would be shitty crossover.

Can you see my point?

>> No.17855275

rolled 95 = 95

This thread makes me want to start playing fantasy again, if it wasn't so goddamn expensive.

What's 8th edition like?

>> No.17855282

If they want to make a 'good' Warhammer Fantasy game, just bring back the Dark Omen/Horned Rat franchise. Those games were great, really captured the feel of Warhammer Fantasy and was actually pretty difficult.

Rampaging through the Old World as a Dogs of War commander, but now with excellent graphics.

>> No.17855376

>>17855275
To be honest, it's really cool. Changes are for better really. For example, 2d6+move charge range is much better than old 2xmove. You must focus on tactics more, and not just measure range with your eyes-build-measure-tape. In fact, now you can measure anything anytime you want, so game is much more relaxed, with less squabble chance.

I played recently in 700pts tournament, so no extreme "horde-on-horde" shit, and it was great.
Games with more points are also nice, if you don't play with "I-must-win-no-matter-what" types.

Also, personally I like the background of Fantasy more, because you can write and model much more cool stuff for your army.

>> No.17855405

>>17855282
Have you tried "Call of Warhammer"? All of Grudgebringer units are there.

Besides, Dark Omen is to hard for today players. But with some modern improvements... Who knows.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action