Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.17765471 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Let's talk grenades /tg/
I'm playing in a Black Crusade game as a Human Renegade and I took a Grenade Launcher as my starting weapon. I have a stash of Frag grenades but now I want to branch out to add to my repertoire of mayhem. However, i can't decide on what type of grenades to get.

I can choose between these (from BC Core and RT Hostile Acquisitions):
Blight (2d10E, Pen X, Toxic (2), Blast (6), Ignores armor unless environmentally sealed, noxious fumes remains for 1d10 Rounds. Anyone entering the blast area takes 1d10 Energy damage with the Toxic Quality that ignores armor unless environmentally sealed)

Krak (2d10+4X, Pen 6 Concussive (0))

Hallucinogen: (—, Pen 0, Hallucinogenic (2), Blast (6))

Haywire (—, Pen 0, Haywire (3))

Photon Flash (—, Pen 0, Blast (10), Ordinary (+10) Agility Test or be blinded for a number of rounds equal to their Degrees of Failure)

Scare (Anyone within 10 metres must succeed on a Difficult (–10) Toughness Test or be overcome with feelings of terror, as if they had failed a Fear test, with each Degree of Failure adding +10 to the roll on Table 10–4: The Shock Table on page 294 of the Rogue Trader Core Rulebook.)

Smoke (—, Pen 0, Smoke)

Stun (—, Pen 0, Blast (3), Concussive (2))

Web (—, Pen 0, Snare (2))

I might also be able to get to choose Anti-Plant or Plasma 'nades if i ask the Gm very very nicely... though they are Very Rare and he said only up to Rare in availability.

>captcha: gear Unsublim
>yeah captcha i know that 'nades aren't the most sublime of weapons

>> No.17765568

bumping with assorted Chaos stuff

>> No.17765603

>> No.17765617

Krak and web are always fun, web especially if you might take prisoners. Just keep a couple on hand.

Those blight grenades sound really fun.

Also, hostile acquisitions? Is that a supplement? any good gear in there?

>> No.17765625

>> No.17765650

There is a really shokcing video somewhere in the internet about some Italian Tv hosts that were showing an smoke grenade. the grenade accidentally explodes and the TV host comes out of the smoke with no hand, screaming in total shock.

Really disgusting.

>> No.17765664

>> No.17765705

>>17765617
Hostile Acquisitions is a new splat for Rogue Trader. It covers all things shady and (not so) borderline heretical

>> No.17765790

>>17765705
To google!

>> No.17765802

You'd want some Krak and either some Scare, Hallucinogen or Web 'nades for crowd control.

Firing Hallucinogen grenades into a mass of already scared people is comedy gold. My char kinda started a hive-wide riot that way.

>> No.17767563

>>17765650

Must see this

>> No.17767616

>>17765471
Im not familiar with dark heresy's rules, but Does it have anything like a satchel charge or remote explosives? Or mines?

those are always great to set up on someone.

>> No.17770448

>>17767616
There is a Demopack but i believe OP is after grenades he can launch from his grenade launcher.

>> No.17770767

Blight - Being able to lay down clouds of poison will allow you to control enemy movement to a degree. Activly denying the enemy the ability to use good cover and preventing them from flanking you without trouble.

Or even creating a wall of poison between you and your enemies. One that your chaos marine buddies can just go stomping through with their sealed power armor.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action