Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.16364994 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

anyone remember these guys? only demons I ever owned. I thought they were awesome, but hell they don't even have their own wiki page nowadays on the 40k wiki.

Now that I think about it, it had its flaws, but I think the old 4th ed Chaos Codex is strictly superior to the new one.

>> No.16365006

they do have a little page on the lexicanum wiki though, just checked

>> No.16365043

>The old 4th Ed codex
That's the current one. You mean 3.5E.

>> No.16365062

>>16365043
yeah probably.

I still remember the list I had back then. I had a Chaos LT with the Black Sword (or whatever it was, +2 ST power weapon) and daemonic speed who could just roll entire lines of basic troops. I had 2 squads of furies, I had a squad of nois emarines and a squad of plague marines, and a squad of devastators that were 3x heavy bolter and 1 autocannon (what I had models for), and then the rest were just powerfist sarge chaos marines. It was a good list. I miss it. Haven't played 40k in a long time though.

>> No.16365084

>>16365062
ah it wasn't the black sword, the LT was a nurgle and he had manraper and spiky bits which means he got a billion attacks on the charge

>> No.16365113

>mfw I had a Daemon Prince with Daemonic Stature and the Dreadaxe

I miss the 3.5 'dex.

>> No.16365127

I remember the those debates. was 1d6 attacks better than +2 S? Back and forth, nobody could really agree.

>> No.16365146

rolled 46 = 46

Delicious Alpha Legion Cultists, how I miss you...

>> No.16365156

>>16365113

Fuck you.

>> No.16365173

The Chaos fandex written by JustDave over on DakkaDakka is actually pretty good. Almost recaptures the glory of the 3.5ed book.

Especially daemon princes. I have a build for a Tzeentch daemon prince who I reckon could take Draigo.

>> No.16365180

I haven't looked at the 4th ed chaos codex in a while, but I remembered they neutered Obliterators. I remember it used to be usual for a lot of lists to take at least 3 oblits. Am I remembering right?

>> No.16365193

rolled 42 = 42

Noise Marines, with Storm Bolter equivs everywhere!
Rubric Terminators! Inferno Bolts!
The billion-and-one veteran abilities and daemonic gifts!

I think it's kind of telling that GW decided to bring the Chaos Codex down to the other's levels rather than try and bring the others up.

>> No.16365195

>>16365180

Oblits are still arguably the best Heavy Support unit in the codex, though I am kinda partial to Autocannon Havocs.

>> No.16365202

>>16365173
thanks for mentioning that, I didn't know about it.

on the topic of nostalgia, does anyone thing "sternguard" is a fucking retarded name and there were already fucking "veteran marines"

>> No.16365211

>>16365195
Wasn't some sort of list able to take oblits as elites? Or weren't they elites instead of heavy support? Gosh I need to find PDFs of these codices.

>> No.16365217

>>16365211

No, but Iron Warriors were able to take more than one squad.

>> No.16365233

>>16365193
all I remember from my meta was oblitspam Ironwarriors

shit was boring and not very fun to play against. Especially with my own chaos marines

>>16365202
less retarded than going without. "vanguard" got a title, so you'd need to give the bolter-vets something so they don't seem underwhelming.

if we're talking nostalgia; I'd rather have the Techmarine stuck in the command squad again instead of a separate elite choice.

>> No.16365237

>>16365211
They were elites in the 3.5 edition codex, but a 0-1 choice. The Iron Warriors sub-list removed the 0-1 limitation, as well as allowing them to swap two Fast Attack slots (which no-one really used anyway) for an extra Heavy Support slot.

>> No.16365241

rolled 31 = 31

>>16365217

Iron Warriors could take 4 Heavy Support choices and a Basilisk, had no limit on Oblits (which were Elite, I think). And could take a servo-arm which was a piece of wargear that could give you and extra attack equivalent to a power fist. I believe they also got a certain veteran ability cheaper, though the name escapes me- something to do with siege no doubt.

In short, they were boss. They were also the codex designer's favourite legion, if you couldn't guess.

>> No.16365250

rolled 34 = 34

>>16365217

Iron Warriors could take 4 Heavy Support choices and a Basilisk, had no limit on Oblits (which were Elite, I think). And could take a servo-arm which was a piece of wargear that could give you and extra attack equivalent to a power fist. I believe they also got a certain veteran ability cheaper, though the name escapes me- something to do with siege no doubt.

In short, they were boss. They were also the codex designer's favourite legion, if you couldn't guess.

>> No.16365260

what were the special rules for Word Bearers?
I know you could upgrade a chaos lord to a dark apostle but I forget what that did, and I knew you could take demons as troop choices or something

>> No.16365273

>>16365211
They were elites, with a 0-1 restriction on them. However, Iron Warriors had the restriction removed.

God damn Chaos didn't need a new codex.
Except maybe for some traitor guard like in LATD, but I suppose you could run an alpha legion list and have cultists instead, but meh.

>> No.16365285

>>16365273
FUCK YEAH LOST AND THE DAMNED

I was the only person in my whole fucking city, as far as I knew, who played that. Lost and the Damned is what Chaos SHOULD be, not imitation SM chapters.

fuck yeha daemon spawn, I loved those guys

>> No.16365289

God I want a Chaos Legions 'dex so fucking bad.

Soon...soon...

Just thinking about the buffs to the special characters makes me happy.

Can't wait to see what Ahriman is capable of.

>> No.16365310

Ah. A Chaos thread.

I am planning to sell all of my necrons since I will be dead by the time they get an update. I was thinking about using the funds to start a Chaos Marine army. No tourneys where I'm at, so it's pretty much just casual play with friends. How do the Chaos Marines look these days? Are they fun?

>> No.16365394

rolled 6 = 6

>>16365260

They got a dark crozius which was a power weapon that worked as a Chaos Icon, vox casters on their vehicles and...yeah, something to do with daemons. I forget what, but they could take more.

>> No.16365573

>>16365310
Unless GW makes 3.5E CSM legal again, just use Space Wolves counts as.

>> No.16366039

>>16365310
Umm - all Necron stuff has been removed from the GW page - looks like October will be Necrober.

>> No.16366099

Would anyone recommend running the Vraks list from FW?
Enforcers were too awesomesauce for me not to purchase a squad and now I'm trying to think how Elysians could look like Disciples of Xaphan without much conversion. Straken looks borderline heretical as is, maybe I could even make him count-as the Alpha Legion commander.

Also, could someone link me to the old 3.5ed CSM or 3rd(4th?) ed. 40k Daemons? I'd like to take a look at the old crunch everyone always seems to fap over.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action