Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.56 MB, 1280x1024, ig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16353372 No.16353372 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

It's my understanding the life of an Imperial Guardsman is completely miserable and consists mainly of traveling by star ship from one miserable hell hole of a planet to another until death.

What happens to the miraculously fortunate Guardsman who, against the overwhelming odds, manages to survive long enough until he is of an age where he is no longer of use to the Imperium? Does he retire with generous benefits? Does he return to his home world? Or is he discarded by society and forgotten, not fitting the image the glorious Imperium?

>> No.16353410

in one of the short stories about the attillans, they retired after 20-25 years I think and their leader got his own planet

>> No.16353650

Being a guardsman isn't so bad that it's made up to be.
You don't have to toil in a manufactorum for 16 hours a day just to be able to feed yourself and living in a rusty hab block with noxious fumes around all day erryday, and most battles an imperial guardsman fight is against cultists and rebels. Every fight ain't massive WAAAAGHS or black crusades.
And you get a lot of respect from common people too, the IG ain't something every dreg gets to join.
Everybody's hatin' on the lasgun too, but would rather have boltgun with a limited amount of clips and needing constant cleaning with oils and shit or a robust gun that works in any condition with a number of ways of recharging ammmunition?
/rant

Now on to your real question, i havent read this book but i think it gives us the answer

Imperial Glory (Richard Williams)

>Tired and broken by war, the men of the Brimlock Eleventh Imperial Guard are a force on the verge of collapse. Having been stretched across the galaxy by their loyalty to the Emperor, they are presented with one final battle that will allow them reward they all seek: to colonise the distant world of Voor and live out the rest of their days in peace. All that stands in their way is a force of savages – a plague of feral orks that has spread across the planet. But can the Brimlock’s battered bodies and minds hold up to this greenskin invasion?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action