Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 31 KB, 350x262, dhgw-00.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16256229 No.16256229 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Dark Heresy General.

Tell me your tales, Acolytes, that He on Earth may one day hear of your deeds.

>clensan
>purgan
>burnan
>investigatan
>rollin
>patrollin

>> No.16256315
File: 5 KB, 274x242, 1309366729448.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>cleric in our cell has great fellowship and is a master orator
>tying to rustle the jimmies of a deeply implanted cult
>decide to start a good ol' fashioned witch burning
>he starts preaching
>kicks up a storm
>hundreds attend
>he ends up overseeing the burning of about a dozen people of questionable guilt
>the cult did make a move in their panic and we were able to start tracking them
>ends justify the means

such is life in the inquisition

>> No.16256370
File: 41 KB, 504x360, 1309921906811.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

I'm actually trying to think of a decent backstory on why a scum would be recruited into a group of acolytes.

After all he's just lowly scum, he's not a gang lord or desperado (yet).
The highlight of his life so far is that an Inquisitor even so much as looked at him.

>> No.16256392

>On a planet to find why a promethium shipment turned to ash in transit blah blah blah
>Follow lead to a bar
>Fight bartender/two associates, they bring two party members to 0 wounds
>Search bar
>Find safe
>No one can open a lock, bartender didn't have keys on him
"I loot the safe."
>"You can't open it."
"No, I mean, I loot the safe. [Arbitrator anon], help me get it up the stairs, [Adept], open the car door"
>Torch the place
>Get an Arbite guy to open the safe for us

>> No.16256411

>>16256392
1: What was in the safe?

2: What happened to your guys with 0 wounds?

>> No.16256440

Man, I wish I had stories to tell.
My only DH group sort of dispersed after two sessions.

>> No.16256475

>>16256411
1) Leads. Specifically, a pocketchrono belonging to some administrator we got information from with earlier, a dagger with some crazy inscription on it (I don't really remember what its deal was, and wasn't motivated in character to ask - I was the guardsman and the psyker snapped up that fukken knife quick), a promethium can, a skull, a letter, and possibly some other stuff, it's been a while.

2) Psyker and Adept healed them with psykermagicks and medicae skill.

>> No.16256480

>>16256370
i always thought of it as this

a group of acolytes goes to a planet to investigate something or other, so they themselves find and recruit/hire extra help. The scum doesn't ask many questions and knows alot about the planetary goings on that some others might not know and is more accessible to the party than high ranking gang lords.

not to mention that scum does not necessarily mean that you are some back alley gutter rat mugging passers by. you could be any social class, including noble, just committing some kind of professional crime, counterfeiting, racketeering, gambling etc..

>> No.16256518

>Play Dark Heresy
>Everyone cheats forever
>Actually want to feel challenged and threatened so don't cheat that often
>Get shown up at almost every opportunity.

Shit sucks.

>> No.16256614

>>16256518
>Everyone cheats forever

Why doesnt your useless GM stop it and how do they cheat?

>> No.16256663
File: 19 KB, 194x423, 1312830900049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Apocalypse-Now mission. We were to travel upriver on a Jungle World to find a Commisar. Reports were he was being a bit 'odd'. We were to meet with him and determine if he was fit for command.

Eventually we get there to find Orks have ruined the place, slaughtered the Imperials and crucified the Commisar.

A firefight ensues while the Scum and the Cleric (me) get him off the cross and start to retreat. He was still alive at this point - he'd just been tied to the cross rather than nailed.

As we start hobbling off with the Commisar to afety the rest of the group do a good job gunning down the Orks. There is one left, and he is wounded. Here's where it goes a bit awry.

The Guardsman shouts I'LL GET HIM and primes a grenade. Throws. Rolls bad. GM makes it scatter. Lands right at our feat. Guardsman rolls max damage.

Commisar died. I KO'd (only survived because of the 'half all crit damage' Talent). Always glared at the Guardsman ever since.

>> No.16256683
File: 27 KB, 241x296, 1314095055391.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>16256663
was the guardsman ok?

>> No.16256691
File: 14 KB, 177x258, 1298207619927.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>16256683
He was perfectly bloody fine.

>> No.16256707

>>16256411
Presumably they got first-aided and went on as normal.

>> No.16256744

Question.

While working with Daemons is considered totally unacceptable by all but the most twisted of Inquisitors, isnt working with Eldar looked at as slightly more tolerable?

Namely in regards to fighting Daemons?

>> No.16256745

>>16256744
Yes.

>> No.16256782

>>16256744

Generally, aliens are somewhat preferable to the warp spawn or heretics.

Afterall, Chaos is the ARCHENEMY for a reason.

If the Imperium had to pick one enemy to destroy before they go down, it would be Chaos (or at least their human followers).

>> No.16256795

>>16256614
I don't know why he doesn't try to stop it and since we're online its pathetically easy to cheat. There's one guy in particular who cheats more than anyone, I can count the number of time he's failed rolls on both my hands.

The game has lasted over a year

>> No.16256801

>Write detailed, in depth, 8 or 9 pargraph long, 1300 word essay on most recent Acolytes crowning moments of awesome and pretty much detail the entire campaign encounter for encounter.

Error: verification was mistyped!

>> No.16256812

We had encountered a daemonhost and had a lot of touble trying to kill it, so our cleric decides to be pants-on-head retarded and charge it with a melta bomb in each hand then burnt his last fate point to not die.

>> No.16256816

About DH books, nobody has get church of damned or citadel of skulls?

>> No.16256819

>>16256801
>click the "go back one page" button, the text will still be there

>> No.16256828

So guys, anyone think Thy Name I Keep is a good idea to [craft] a perfect familiar?

>> No.16256834

>>16256801
click the go back button

let us hear ye' tale

>> No.16256839

>>16256812
If I was the GM i'd probably make that cost TWO fate points and he'd come out of it horriffically wounded.

After all man, thats two meltabombs. Two.

>> No.16256967
File: 38 KB, 318x472, Sororita_change_poster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

I've got an interesting group, to say the least. We rarely get through a mission without threatening to shoot each other at least twice.

- A Hive World Scum (me) that has adopted the vocal mannerisms of a Planar on Sigil.
- A Forge World Tech-Priest who acts like a condescending dick to everyone but the Scum. Will occasionally do awesome shit like beat a daemonhost to death with a servo-arm.
- An Imperial World Guardsman who went through Commissariat training who hates Arbites after a Judge challenged his authority outside of war. Has a conscript we've dubbed "Radio" because all he does is carry the voxcaster.
- A Void Born Psyker, given a brevet/non-existent rank of Sergeant by the Guardsman. He's earned the ire of the Tech-Priest MANY times because of his early overuse of Weapon Jinx.
- A Hive World Arbitrator who is the only Acolyte to understand how fucked up and borderline heretical his teammates and Inquisitor are.

The picture? That's probably going to be our new enemy when they learn about our Guardsman's anointed bolter he bought from the Haarlock estate with the Tech-Priest's modifications (inspirational carvings and generally cleaning the whole thing to make it more efficient).

>> No.16257169

I am no longer allowed to play a psyker due to the "whoops incident"

>> No.16257222

>>16257169
Details?

>> No.16257296

>>16257222
our party beat the boss of the mission and were in clean up. Our assassin who is a crazed druggie swapped bodies with me due to a perils roll and was pissed at me so she shot me in the back of the leg. As I'm hobbling away I try to cast distort vision to throw her off my track. Roll phenomena. Ok Roll perils. crap. Rolled Daemon Host. WTF?!

To put in in perspective each character only has around rank 2-3 on their tree. They were fighting an easy boss and cause the druggie had to have a sissy fit the party now has to fight a mid-to high level boss.

>> No.16257386

Played Black Sepulchre with my 3000+ XP Guardsman who took Sin Eater from the Radicals Handbook as his 4th Rank. Oh boy, was that shit over the top.

SPOILER: In the end, when we got the Titan moving and the Greater Daemon started his shit on the roof, everyone but me was out of order due to fatigue or fear and I was down to 0 fucking wounds. I survived 4 rounds of a fucking Lord of Changes full attention and destroyed the fucker with my shotcannon while on top of a moving Imperator-Class Titan. Thank you Sin-Scarred, having a Toughness Bonus of 10 on top of my 6 Armor definitely helped.

>> No.16257465
File: 910 KB, 1300x1300, DAPlasmaDev.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>Deathwatch today.
>Group of Black Templar Assault Marine, Blood Ravens Lib, Flesh Tearers Tech Marine, Dark Angels Devastator all Rank 2 (exactly 17000 exp too so no rank 2 advances)
>Gotta defend a Tele Beacon on top of a hill from over 150 heretics on a planet while we wait for reinforcements (4 of us to establish a beach head)
>Set up some cover and rough terrain from rubble and re-enforce that shit.
>DA Dev (me) starts plasma cannon blasting (GM was nice and gave it to be because I had a Drawfag drawfag for me pic related. Takes out hurrtics like a boss.
>Blasting away, shit son hurrtics start comming from all sides, holy shit they are climbing the sheer cliff face to get to us.
>Everyone starts fighting, Lib and I blasting from cover Techy frenzies and charges BT jumpacks in and fights.
>100 magnitude horde of cultists appears, starts making its way towards us. FUUUU-
>Blasting away "You hear chanting from down on the plains, iits loud ect ect etc"
>Lib tests find its a prayer to Nurgle. Fuuu-
>Heretic gets his arm chopped off. He dosen't give a fuck keeps fighting.
>Heretic gets his heart torn out, dosen't give a fuck keeps fighting.

Do you wanna hear more /tg/?

>> No.16257473 [DELETED] 

Posted this once before, but ah well.

>GMing DH campaign
>party arrives in system their Inquisitor needs them in
>sent down to one of the planets
>after a meeting with a plot NPC, they wander outside of the space port
>big open Trafalgar Square like place
>I roll the psykers perception check from paranoia
>he spots a guy shadowing a flustered looking noble
>points it out to the rest of the party
>assasin notices the guy is signalling to a larger group, all armed
>larger groups starts following the noble off down an alley
>party decides to save this noble
>party splits up
>half follows the group of baddies, half runs off down a parallel alley to try to catch up with

the noble
>cleric and guardsman catch up
>they tell the noble about his tale
>noble is terrified
>cleric decides to look after him
>guardsman head to the alley where the rest of the party is
>party moves down the alley, scum climbs some scaffolding for a sniper spot
>party confronts the bad guys
>assasin tells them to surrender
>bad guys laugh
>assasin informs them of the sniper
>bad guys continue laughing
>bad guys tell assasin that their boss is covering them
>scum feels a pistol on his neck
>party has an "oh shit" moment and panics, apart from the scum
>scum decides to drop his rifle, spin round, knock the pistol from his opponents hand and shoot

him in the face
>agility test successful, sleight of hand successful, attack successful
>damage rolls
>righteous fury
>confirmed
>righteous fury
>confirmed
>eight
>guy is paste
>scum tells the party to "take 'em alive" tells the cleric to get the noble to safety
>grapple grapple grapple grapple
>two baddies dead, four captured
>party drags them off into a nearby empty building
>proceeds to interrogate
>party ask why they were following the noble
>turns out there's a capture bounty on his head
>party asks who put the bounty out
>"Jimmy The Hand"

>> No.16257488

Posted this once before, but ah well.

>GMing DH campaign
>party arrives in system their Inquisitor needs them in
>sent down to one of the planets
>after a meeting with a plot NPC, they wander outside of the space port
>big open Trafalgar Square like place
>I roll the psykers perception check from paranoia
>he spots a guy shadowing a flustered looking noble
>points it out to the rest of the party
>assasin notices the guy is signalling to a larger group, all armed
>larger groups starts following the noble off down an alley
>party decides to save this noble
>party splits up
>half follows the group of baddies, half runs off down a parallel alley to try to catch up with the noble
>cleric and guardsman catch up
>they tell the noble about his tale
>noble is terrified
>cleric decides to look after him
>guardsman head to the alley where the rest of the party is
>party moves down the alley, scum climbs some scaffolding for a sniper spot
>party confronts the bad guys
>assasin tells them to surrender
>bad guys laugh
>assasin informs them of the sniper
>bad guys continue laughing
>bad guys tell assasin that their boss is covering them
>scum feels a pistol on his neck
>party has an "oh shit" moment and panics, apart from the scum
>scum decides to drop his rifle, spin round, knock the pistol from his opponents hand and shoot him in the face
>agility test successful, sleight of hand successful, attack successful
>damage rolls
>righteous fury
>confirmed
>righteous fury
>confirmed
>eight
>guy is paste
>scum tells the party to "take 'em alive" tells the cleric to get the noble to safety
>grapple grapple grapple grapple
>two baddies dead, four captured
>party drags them off into a nearby empty building
>proceeds to interrogate
>party ask why they were following the noble
>turns out there's a capture bounty on his head
>party asks who put the bounty out
>"Jimmy The Hand"

>> No.16257498

>>16257488

MEANWHILE
>cleric decides to take the noble to the local temple
>when they arrive, the noble is taken in to have his wounds treated
>cleric heads out again to meet up with the rest of the party
BACK IN THE ALLEY
>scum is questioning the bad guys about the criminal underworld on the planet
>decides he'd like some lackeys to get his own enterprises started
>tells the NPCs they're his now
>they refuse
>assasin (who is the scums brother) beats one of them within an inch of his life. has to be stopped by the scum
>scum asks the NPCs again
>this time they agree
>he gives them a task, and sends them on their way
>cleric arrives, and suggests they all head back to the temple for the time being
>party agrees and heads over
>on arrival, they are greeted by the high priest
>he welcomes them in and introduces himself as James Havelock
>leads the party to a back room
>priest thanks the party for their services
>priest has had his hands behind his back the whole time
>as he pulls out a bag of thrones, the party notices he has a prosthetic left hand
>"If you ever wish for further work, just drop by and ask for Jimmy the Hand."
>screaming comes from down the corridor
>silence at the gaming table
>"You sly mother fucker."
>I call for a break at that point

JUST_AS_PLANNED.JPG

>> No.16257517

>James Havelock
>Jimmy the Hand

Raymond E. Fiest and Terry Pratchet want a word with you for not being original faggot.

>> No.16257543
File: 82 KB, 480x405, 1275329784177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>16257517

>implying I need need to come up with individual and inventive names for every NPC I create

No. My players don't care about that sort of thing. They want to play Dark Heresy, not argue over where the GM is pilfering names.

>> No.16257568 [DELETED] 
File: 11 KB, 265x297, 1296872511646.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>fighting a bunch of random mooks out on some backwater 'agri-world' for lack of a better classification.
>They all have accurate weapons
>Deal 20+ damage with each shot
>Whole party is severely wounded except for myself because they were unlucky enough to get hit in their exposed arms.
>Psyker decides to heal somebody
>Perils of the warp, fucking lightning strikes all of us
>Psyker gets hit by a lightning bolt pukes into the arm wound and goes unconscious not managing to heal him
>Guy he was trying to heal gets a lightning bolt to the chest and dies
>mfw

>> No.16257585

>>16257465
Anyway to continue with my story.

>Alllll the dead cultists who didn't get ground into a fine red paste or melted get back up.
>Plague Zombies. Fuck.
>KEEP FIGHTING MARINES.
>I get on the horn to our Inquisitor "WE NEED SOME AIR SUPPORT" My plan is to hitch a ride in a Valk and blow up that circle of cultists to stop the chaos.
>"Nope.jpg" - Love Inquisitor
>BT and FT are surrounded on all sides by hurrtics. They are still fighting them off, BT gets a few scratches but mostly saves thanks to Scourge of Heretics. FT tanks hit after hit thanks to Rage and pure dice magic.
>Keep blasting as many as I can. Techs priests and guardsmen arrive. Yay its over. "Hey we are here to help set up the beacon permanently keep on fighting." Whlep.
>Guard are ordered to move to the cliff edge and fire at the chanting cultists below, being guard they mostly whiff and only kill 2 for the next few rounds,
>Cultists reach the top of the cliffs they were climbing and charge me and the lib! He cops 6 I cop 3 thanks to carefully placed cover.
>Drop my plasma cannon, grab my bolter off my hip. POINT BLANK SHOT. Blows an arm off a cultist. It keeps fighting.
>Point blank headshot. It keeps fighting shit.
>They attack as a team for 23 damage before armor and toughness. "Ill try to dodge that ok" "yeah go ahead" "ag 40, roll 2" DODGE LIKE A BOSS.
>Cont...

>> No.16257586

>>16256663

Naw dude that guy was trying to frag the commissar.

>> No.16257591

>>16257585
>cont..

>Everyone continues to fight, by now the BT has taken the horde down to under 50% but its fearless.
>I have a plan these cultists are powered by the warp! I swap to my one clip of Witch Bolts and pop a shot off in the headless cultists chest.
>It and the other 2 around me magically catch on warp fire and burn away. Haha! They are weak to anti-psyker ammo!
>Continue to massive fight till finally they cultists below finish chanting and every single one dies with a grin on their face looking up.
>We survived with only like 10 wounds lost between us. 150 cultists dead not counting the 100 horde.
>GM points out that we will have to deal with the repercussions of the sacrifice later.
>Then awards everyone a permanent 2 point boost to Fate because he honestly expected at least one of us to have to BURN a point to live through to the next session. And that the guard would have to come in and save us vs the overwhelming odds.

And it was the best gaming session ever.

>> No.16257601

>>16257585

Dodging hordes? Huh.

>> No.16257604

How does Machine work? Do I add the armor point I get to my over all armor? Or do I get nothing?

and at what level of machine do I no longer have flesh at all?

>> No.16257617

>>16257604

Machine armour stacks with every other type of armour - and is non-primitive, and works against fire, so it's pretty sweet.
Second bit is "whenever the GM wants" - a Machine (1) could be puremachine, a machine (6) Magos still have some bio-bits, it depends.

>> No.16257635

>>16257617
He does have to have a bio-brain, anything else is tech heresy.... but I guess that goes without saying.

>> No.16257646

>Play an Arbitrator
>Group investigating a world for some kind of cult, when the Eldar attack
>Manage to kill a Farseer through a ridiculous amount of luck, skill and anti-psy collaring
>Insane shenanigans ensue, end up with a mutated hand and foot
>Get 'em sliced off, have to cauterize the wounds with a laspistol. Obviously far into critical damage, pass out
>Wake up on board a ship, with a new bionic arm and leg
>Never forget
>Get the bionic hand's fingers sharpened into weaponised claws
>Turn into a complete melee specialist
>Later start taking elite advances like Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) and such.
>Massive Flesh is Weak complex

>> No.16257652

>>16257617
Thanks. Is there any place to read up on the ways of the Adeptus Mechanicus?

>> No.16257742

>>16257601
Dodged 3 guys who the DM counted as one roll to save time. Not the horde.

>> No.16257743
File: 530 KB, 773x1000, 1315482899537.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Dark Heresy. The warp disgorges the PC's early, they're faced with a space station that reads like a warp storm. They board the station. Doors open.
>Daemonettes, daemonettes everywhere.
>Their stats are feeble for some reason, carve through them.
>Techpriest reaches the artificial gravity control panel.
>speeds up the habitat rotation.
>90% of all denizens are crushed to paste.
>The deaths feed a summoning circle painted all over the station.
>Several cultists emerge from the shadows; those responsible.
>Keeper of Secrets rises in their midsts.

That was a good session.

>> No.16257755

>>16257743

When I saw the feeble demonettes, I was expecting a "no acolytes, you are the demons"

>> No.16257769
File: 24 KB, 350x430, dr-evil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>playing guardsman in a group of three players
>at a tavern in a dangerous neighborhood (if there are any *safe* neighborhoods anyways...)
>our psyker decides to fire at the closest of seven gangers in the bar, of no particular reason
>needless to say, they fire back
>everyone in my group jump into cover behind the bar...

>except for me, I run away...

>> No.16257774

>>16257755

Nawh, the feeble daemonettes were just regular Joes. They didn't even know the cultists had painted the station all SUMMONAN. They were just living in a place and manner unbeknownst to the Imperium of Man.

>> No.16257790

>>16256967
You forgot to mention how you have the best GM ever

>> No.16257844

>High level Ascension level cell.
>Vindicare Assassin, Inquisitor, Primaris Psyker, Magos, and a Grey Knight, on board their own Cobra-class destroyer en route to board the Chaos cruiser the DM spent weeks designing the floor plan for.
>Plan calls for the party to board the ship and fight their way to the bridge to kill BBEG.
>Players have other ideas.
>Grey Knight loads himself into one of the ship's torpedo tubes.
>Uses air exhaust from his armor's backback to maneuver toward's the ship's bridge.
>Smashes through.
>Distract's the BBEG's demonic entourage in combat while the Vindicare, in a vac suit on the outside of the Destroyer, shoots the BBEG in the head.
>Mission over in four turns.
>Grey Knight tells Inquisitor not to risk more lives by sending the boarding party to collect him. Plots course for the centre of the nearest star, and disappears into the ship to keep killing demonspawn and their servants.
>Inquisitor self destructs Destroyer, lest any speak of what they have witnessed.
>Explosion sends Vindicare tumbling into space, dies when his oxygen runs out.

>> No.16257853
File: 88 KB, 500x815, 1312202325790.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>16256315
>Implying someone can ever be "a little" guilty.

>> No.16257854

>no one comments on my story
> :(

I thought it was coo

>> No.16257872
File: 100 KB, 300x400, Tomas_Macabee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>Playing Techpriest with Null Trait
>Mission is near Necron warzone in GM's little homebrew subsector
>Everyone goes insane, including me
>Force our ship to pilot itself into Tombworld to become a perfect Necron Pariah
>Playing Deathwatch
>Encounter my former character as the main enemy of the campaign

>> No.16257889

>>16257872
Did you blast your former characters heretical face off?

>> No.16258021

>Playing Noble Born Scum.
>Planet he's currently on has a problem with disease.
>See that lots of money is being made from fake cures.
>following some leads into said disease, go down into underhive
>Plaguebearers everywhere - fight ensues
>Pop the daemons, head-up for debriefing.
>Use daemonslaying clout to net us some official security clearance and uniforms.
>Find ganger-scum lackeys (shit scared of me) I'd acquired earlier, give them the passes and uniforms.
>Invest my remaining money in making an authentic looking fake cure.
>have lackeys sell 'real' cure/immunisation, say it kicks in after 3 weeks.
>3 weeks later - 1.2mil thrones.
>fuck yeah

>> No.16258072

>playing feral worlder scum who was intended to be a budget big game hunter
>didn't really pan out
>do some investigatin' a hive world with some khornate cult shit goin' on, other cancerous player has terrible shower scene thing and is playing female guardsman, GM's creeped out, whatevs
>come close to cultist hotspot, ambushed on way out of tram by eight chaos cultists, all revving chainaxes
>go into combat with my 20 WS and latheblade combat knife
>take a chainaxe hit, location is head, basically a statistical certainty that it's time to reroll
>1 wound left
>stab, parry, stab, parry, stab
>parrying chainaxes with a combat knife
>come out with five of eight kills even though we had a heavily armed as fuck party that should have annihilated the cultists in one round

>later, turns out cultists have a corrupt chimera, oh nos
>three pronged attack with two bros at ground floor, sniper waiting on the roof, and me ziplining down onto chimera
>fall, spiky bit through my leg
>get back up, try to knock cultist into horde of something like fifty other cultists
>fall down again, spiky bit again
>teammate kills cultist on top of chimera, I rip the mounted heavy bolter straight from the metal, taking an armored plate with it
>gun down a daemonhost that's popped out of the chimera in two rounds, take out about 20 more cultists in the horde with it before we're all done
And that's how I got to rank 4 in dark heresy

>> No.16258110

I occassionally post the shenanigans my group gets together in my own threads, but I dont have enough material for that now so, summary of last weeks short session.

>Inquisitor gets captured by a Dark Eldar kabal when sacrificing herself to save the rest of the group. She gets Haemonculus'd into an Eldar. Billions of insanity points and suicide attempts later, she decides to find a cure instead. The rest of the group thinks she's dead.
>After the Dark Eldar raid, the rest of the group does not trust the RT, whom ORDERED the Arbites Judge to conduct an investigation on the Inquisitors Cadre the Judge was part of. They are now planning a mutiny together with his ships AdMech crew if he pulls more stupid shit.
>Seneschal is still zipping about the system in a Guncutter trying to cause a portal to Commoragh spontaneously exist.

>> No.16258199

>New chars, get xp boost to 1 under 3rd advance.
>Take advances, buy gear, introduce chars to eachother.
>Two guardsmen, a sniper and a grenadier
>A 'healbot' techpriest
>A psyker by the name of 'Them bones'
>Last but not least an Arbitrator built like old Blue Eyes
>Inquisitor has us locked in a large room with dim lighting
>"From a door opposite where you entered you hear a loud crash"
>"Next thing you know the door is blown off its hinges and a cybernetic-ogryn monstrosity charges in."
>... NOPE...
>Grenadier hits it in the face with a krak grenade.
>Ogryn has no more face and collapses
>Old blue eyes walks over to the corpse and rubs the butt of his lho stick on it before getting out a new one.
>"He must have..."
>"Seen that one coming..."

After this we got dumped at an astronomic array where all the techpriests had gone mad and killed each other.
We full right then and there CSI. It might be the start of a great yet odd season. >.>

>> No.16258258

>>16257854
I've read them all and enjoyed them, yours included.

>> No.16258319

>playing some shitty introduction mission with suspected backwater world chaos infestation
>in starport slums trying to investigate some clues
>trying to do so with stealth
>party cornered by gang in dead-end alley
>techpriest throws a grenade
>instantly kills 2 gang members, detonates their grenades
>chain reaction involving more grenades, gang members and a a couple of gas canisters
>2 party members heavily wounded, arrested by planetary guard
>in prison hold
>techpriest takes out hidden explosives for escape
>rest of party: oh hell naw

>> No.16258445
File: 410 KB, 608x443, 1262640823308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>16257743
Oh wow, that reminds me of something a cleric in my group did once.
>Daemon ritual is commensing right infront of them, sucking up all spilled blood in the area from a hundred sacrificed Clerics placed in an unholy symbol, into a writhing moaning ball of blood and warpstuff
>Cleric decides he wants the blessing of a local warrior Saint in order to fight whatever comes out of the ritual, he's standing about 5m from it.
>Praying to this particular Saint usually involves drawing blood from yourself with your weapon to anoint it with the Emperors wrath. Cutting palms and fingers etc.
>Cleric cuts his palm with his sword and utters a prayer to the Saint and the Emperor. The blood instantly gets sucked into to the ritual, completing it. >Suddenly Daemonettes, daemonettes everywhere.
>clericsfw

He did manage to save the group from getting raped by the Daemonettes later in the session though.

>> No.16258599

>GMing Deathwatch
>First time I've GM'd it, so still getting used to it
>Party is a Space Shark Apothecary, a Storm Warden Techmarine, and a Dark Angel Tactical
>Investigating an Inquisitorial site that's gone dark, and everyone who's been sent hasn't returned
>Base is a wreck, decomposed bodies everywhere, some are skeletons. Most of them have the back of their skull broken into and brains are missing.
>Keep investigating, eerily quiet
>Find survivor hiding in an empty prison cell, living like a rat and treking out for supplies as needed. Our heroes caught him on his return.
>Scared, he fires his laspistol at the marines, doesn't even hit.
>Tactical marine doesn't have time for this shit, makes a called shot to the laspistol with his bolt pistol, man luckily only loses one finger.
>Space Shark notices something as the others talk
>Ohshit, did that wall just move? Shoot it!
>FUCK! SOMETHING IS INVISIBLE, IT BLEEDS!
>Party hunts down the invisible beast, and gets ambushed by it. Space Shark succeeds in resisting getting pulling in by fleshy hooks, and party opens fire, dealing decent damage
>They realize it's a Lictor
>Lictor runs into the forest to prepare for another attack, Space Shark won't play that game and charges it.
>Lictor gains initiative, launches a flurry of 4 attacks, 2 of which miss, one which the Space Shark parries with his fist (Homerule that one can parry with Unarmed Warrior, since you're counted as "armed"), but one hits
>Loses half his health and gets his helmet fucked up by a poisonous swipe of the talons.
>Techmarine makes a single shot into the fray, scores righteous fury, blows the Lictor's head off

THEN THEY RETRIEVED DATA FROM THE FACILITY, RESCUED THE LONE SURVIVOR, AND FLEW OFF ON THE THUNDERHAWK. IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

>> No.16258654

>ordo xenos game
>scum in our party is a parody of Wesley Snipe's character Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man
>he saved us from sure death from a heretek mech thats AI was taken over by a greater daemon by suicide bombing it with a melta bomb and a bunch of blessed prometheum canisters
>when we transitioned our characters from dark heresy to rogue trader we found him wandering lost in the webway

>> No.16258725

>>16257889
Like three times. Fucking Necrons and their nigh immortality. We also met our Rogue Trader PCs, and in our new Black Crusade game we killed off one of our Deathwatch characters. Our GM likes tying together our different campaigns.

>> No.16258743

>>16258599
>Base is a wreck, decomposed bodies everywhere, some are skeletons. Most of them have the back of their skull broken into and brains are missing.

I got a major Starship Troopers vibe from that.

>> No.16259882

>>16258725
Next your RT character steps accidentally on your Deathwatch character's toes.

>> No.16260212

>>16258725

I love doing that as GM also. The players love to see what their old characters are up to, and it usually isn't hard to tie them together. Even characters they didn't like, or ones they retired due to physical damage, are appreciated when they show up as an NPC.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action