Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.15660481 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So! In a single fell swoop I succeeded in destroying two roleplaying groups, losing my best friend, pissing off slightly more then half the people I consider friends, and accomplishing nothing other then making myself look like a whiney bitch.

So! how about some sort of /tg/ related image dump to make me feel better? You guys should totally help out. Please?

>> No.15660491

Share your tale, it's the least you could do.

>> No.15660495

How'd you do that, OP?

>> No.15660505

Eh, think I can pitch in, since I was about to do something similar today (only one group and no pissing of half my friends), but got wiser.

>> No.15660521

>> No.15660525

>> No.15660529

/tg/ demands story time.

We wish to know the cause of your sorrow.

>> No.15660533

>> No.15660538

>dangles potential great story in front of us
tell us you bastard, I'm really curious

>> No.15660541

>> No.15660553

Curious as well.

>> No.15660556

>> No.15660561

If you don't tell us because you're afraid of them recognising you. What odds. Even if they do you've clearly pissed them off anyway.

>> No.15660565

urst demands a story

>> No.15660566

>> No.15660573

I'll give you images when you gimme a story.

>> No.15660574

>>15660538
>>>dangles potential great story in front of us
No.
I don't give a fuck.
OP, if you're going to tell us, tell us. If not, don't bother mentioning it in such detail. The image dump is obviously just an excuse to mention it at all (and an unneeded one at that).

tl;dr: Stop being a faggot.

>> No.15660577

>>15660481
Holy shit, are you me 4 months ago?

Just take it easy and relax; things are sure to get better from here.

>> No.15660582

Well, wtf did you do?

out with it

>> No.15660586

>>15660566
>>15660556
>>15660541
>>15660533
>>15660525
>>15660521
>>15660505

Right, now I've helped out, got more in store, but I want storytiem first.

>> No.15660587

Please OP

>> No.15660592

Do go on, OP. We're here for you.

>> No.15660594

Unless you beat the someone into a coma or Showed your card as a horrible racist or pervert I don't see how you could have done something like that. So either your a horrible person or they are moody drama queens

>> No.15660602

I sure hope you're typing your story this very moment, OP, otherwise I might be slightly disappointed and go watch a horrible movie. You don't want to have that on your conscience, do you?

>> No.15660608

>>15660594
the international leauge of gentleman perverts take offense to that!

>> No.15660614

>>15660594
Given most nerd-circles I know of, the latter seems very possible.

>> No.15660620

OP here. I whipped out my dick out thinking it would be funny and everyone was mad at me. Then a large arguement came up and I got defensive and called everyone a communist.

>> No.15660625

>>15660594
Everyone should be a racist on a macro level.

>> No.15660626

>>15660614

I think the former wasn't to far fetched either

>> No.15660645

>>15660620

I think you are not OP. Because for that you need to whip your dick at least two times. He said he destroyed to group not one.

>> No.15660654

>>15660594

Might still make for a good story.

I wanna hear it.

Tell us the story, OP.

FINISH. THE FUCKING. STORY.

>> No.15660663

>>15660620
I'm sorry for you. In the likely chance of you being a troll, well, for you having to find happiness through trolling forums and making idiotic statements. In the off chance of you actually being OP, well... for being the person you are.

>> No.15660668

Very well. I will tell you this story.

Essentially it comes down to this. For the past five weeks we've been playing a game of Pathfinder. The party consists of two rogues, two bards, one cleric, one fighter. I was the Fighter. I had initially wanted to roll a magus, but was asked to roll a fighter since our group was rather lacking in the 'tank' department.

The two rogues are a Ranged Rogue leaning towards eventual Arcane Archer, and a close combat rogue. Both were Chaotic Neutral. One of those rogues was played by my best friend.

the AA Geared Rogue was married to the Bard, who's rolls were piss poor during creation, and a sixteen was his charisma - his highest stat. So he made a specialized social Bard. The face of the part, while the other Bard specialized in combat. Taking -no- social skills, but with the intention of becoming a Shadow Dancer. The second bard and myself are married.

>> No.15660672

>>15660645
n...no

>> No.15660685

Our game was being DMed by another guy. We were doingg well for a while. Our characters became the Hero's of sandpoint. We fought our way through a tribe of goblins, and when my fighter died heroically - the Villagers actually spent the time and money to get him resurrected, because our characters were so heroic.

However. Five weeks ago our characters ended up in the neare by city of Magnimar. At this point. The two rogues began to...Well. Get into some various trouble. They got in contact with the underworld, and ended up getting a -variety- of missions that were netting them a -great- deal of time in the spotlight, additional experience, as well as money and magical items.

Last weekend. The group went to a huanted house. We started at 3. Cleared the house by 5. Ended our game at 9. From 5-9, I played solitaire. My wife filled out a crossword puzzle. The social bard went to the other side of the store and played a game of warmachine. The cleric took a nap.

The two rogues levelled ( fully half a level before anyone else ) acquired -more- magical items ( Our cleric has oly just now been able to afford Masterwork Gear ) and finalied the purchase of a glassworks factory as well as a mansion, with servant staff.

>> No.15660694

>>15660668
Sounds like a winning team so far.

>> No.15660703

>>15660668
>>15660685
Sounds like a bad case of shitty GM.

>> No.15660705

>>15660663
The moral of the story was supposed to be...any story is better than no story.

>> No.15660717

>> No.15660733

Now. A quick digression. Two of the players in this gropu, make up -half- of the group I have online for a Deathwatch campaign that were going to start on thursdays. Specifically, the Close Combat rogue and the cleric. Myself and my wife were the other two players, and we had another party for the DM.

With all this focusing of attention on the rogues. To the point that even when It ried to go out RPing myself, ( I asked if my charater could end up in the bar that they were causing some havock in. The DM flat out told me no, because my character was neutral good and not likely to be found in such a dive. ) so over facebook I sent a message to the DM. I expressed my desire to have a mature adult conversation regarding the situation. I informed the DM that this was a pretty shoddy deal. That more then half of our party was sitting on their thumbs while these two other characters were running around rampant through the town causing trouble and wrecking havock, while keeping everyone else at arms reach so that no one else could join in the fun. I expressed my concern over the HUGE wealth difference between characters. I expressed my concern over the large gap that was developing between characters in level. And I expressed concern that those two characters had four magical items each, while the rest of the party combined had a single +1 weapon.

And here is where I went bad. Figuring that the youngest player in our group was 19 and the eldest was 31, I thought we were pretty mature and could handle this type of conversation. So i sent the message not just to the DM. But to the entire group.

>> No.15660738

Dumping because I KNOW THAT FEEL, BRO.
>>15660685
>>15660668
>>15660481

>> No.15660744

>>15660733
....Ouch.

>> No.15660749

>> No.15660752

>>15660733
>And here is where I went bad. Figuring that the youngest player in our group was 19 and the eldest was 31, I thought we were pretty mature and could handle this type of conversation. So i sent the message not just to the DM. But to the entire group.

Attention whoring isn't limited to age.

>> No.15660754

>> No.15660757

>>15660733
Can't really say I would've done much different so far. And yeah, seems to suffer from the Bad GM syndrome.

>> No.15660761

>>15660733
Ten bucks on the old "You're just jealous because we're better players"-reaction or a variation of it.

>> No.15660766

The DM immediately began defending himself. I will now copy and paste some of his responses from the message he sent.

First of all, at this point of the adventure things are largely investigative, searching for the Brothers of the Seven and their Mistress. As that investigation proceeds, combat starts playing a larger role again. However, at the beginning of the return to Magnimar there really isn't a reason for combat. We have gotten a little off track of the adventure, and I am working on some things to lead everyone's attention back to the matter at hand. Urban settings are almost always challenging places for combat focused characters to find a role.

I did mention that I was specifically asked to roll up a Tank since our party lacked one?

Which leads to the second part of the issue: some of the characters are largely socially focused and others are combat focused. This has created something of a schism, with<names omitted> wanting to spend their time pursuing character and urban goals, largely revolving around stealth and roleplay and not wanting to pursue many of the more combat oriented story options.

okay. I can understand that. I'm cool with players wanting to do their own thingg. As long as -everyone- get's to do their own thing, too.

Continued next.

>> No.15660768

>> No.15660770

>>15660733
Seems reasonable, clearly your mistake was making it public. That makes the 'guilty' players humiliated and resentful and it comes across as both confrontational and passive aggressive, which really rubs people the wrong way.

I made exactly the same mistake in a vastly different setting. I know that feel, bro. Learn from it.

>> No.15660771

>>15660761
I am betting on more of a DM "I am a massive faggot please rape my face" reaction.

>> No.15660778

>>15660771
I wager that he includes "you should have tried to roleplay" or "you should have tried to do something non-combat" at some point before it's all done with. That would make me rage.

>> No.15660782

>> No.15660785

Thirdly, and this is mostly regarding myself, I have a strong bias towards urban, intrigue/stealth/economic roleplay.In general, I don't care for running combat-heavy sessions and so I tend to focus more on parts of the game that revolve around that.
As to the experience difference, it isn't actually that sever. At most, they will level approximately 1-2 encounters ahead of everyone else. This isn't really a game breaking, and will probably equalize.
The loot difference is a little more of a game issue, and as such will be dealt with.

To say the least. I was getting a tad annoyed with him. There were some other things I'm omitting from the message because it concerns names and OOC situations.


This conversation continued. Even though everyone could see it. The only person who was responding was the DM and myself.

It was at this point that I was ending up on the defensive. Instead of having other people involved in the sitting around doing -nothing- helping me with this valid point. It was myself and the DM having a debate.Last night. He stopped the conversation. Went to his wednesday IRL group to play Iron Kinggdoms. Which was him, the cleric, the social bard, and social bards wife.

When he returned he announced that he and the cleric would no longer be joining the sunday game.

The Bard and his wife announced that they would no longer be playing in the sunday game.

The Other Rogue announced that he would not be participating in the sunday game. Refuses to answer my phone calls, ( as I said. Best friend RL ) and informed me via text message that he would not be playing Deathwatch with me on Wednesdays.

All because I opened my mouth and words sort of spilled out.

>> No.15660790

>> No.15660792

>>15660785

>I have a strong bias towards urban, intrigue/stealth/economic roleplay.In general, I don't care for running combat-heavy sessions and so I tend to focus more on parts of the game that revolve around that.

Well, there's your problem. DM wants everything to go his way. Not much you could do.

>> No.15660795

>>15660785
>All because I opened my mouth and words sort of spilled out.
I have a feeling you weren't as civil as you say you were. Post your EXACT message and ensuing responses.

>> No.15660799

You sound like a tool, OP. If someone you consider to be your best friend couldn't give a shit about you, what's that say about your life?

>> No.15660805

>>15660785
You probably said something really stupid regarding an IRL thing.

Are you pigdog by any chance?

>> No.15660812

rolled 3, 5 = 8

>>15660795

Seconded. It's easy for you to come on here and claim you were the innocent here. Come on, it's 4chan, you're anonymous.

>> No.15660814

>>15660785
I know it feels pretty bad now, but just go out and make more friends. Fuck 'em.

>> No.15660818

Sorry. We cannot trust you unless you give us ALL the words. Bleep out the names and addresses, but I'm a little too paranoid to support you in this.

>> No.15660821

>>15660785
Do you feel accomplished now?
Are you in a 'I stood up for myself and if they don't like it, they can fuck off' sort of mood or a 'I really wish I hadn't done that, it shouldn't have been that big of a deal' sort of mood?
Because as I'm sure you're no doubt aware, the latter mood requires an apology and some catharsis. So...yeah, maybe consider that. Even if you guys don't start playing together again, it would be nice to at least be forgiven for overreacting, assuming that's how you feel about the situation.
If you think you were right and you want to stick to it, then there's always that too.

>> No.15660823

>>15660733
You expected a DM who sees nothing wrong with splitting the group in both experience and gear AND time in the spotlight to a degree of "here 4 of you fight over this +1 weapon while these two guys level up and fill every item slot with magic shit" to be mature in any fashion?

>mfw

>> No.15660831

Don't judge too quickly, guys, OP said he'd be posting the facebook conversation.

>> No.15660853

rolled 53 = 53

>>15660831

He DID post it. He redacted some of the names (and, undoubtedly, some of the details).

Screencaps, OP. Do it. Blur out names and shit, but leave it otherwise untouched.

>> No.15660855

>>15660785
>When he returned he announced that he and the cleric would no longer be joining the sunday game.

>The Bard and his wife announced that they would no longer be playing in the sunday game.

>The Other Rogue announced that he would not be participating in the sunday game. Refuses to answer my phone calls, ( as I said. Best friend RL ) and informed me via text message that he would not be playing Deathwatch with me on Wednesdays.

What? Why? I can get that the DM would quit and I can get why you would rogues would be miffed, but why are the players who are in the same situation as you annoyed?

>> No.15660866

>>15660795
Same here, still, arguments tend to get heated easily, so not considering to be a great fault of yours. What it does seem like is that the DM felt insulted and attacked, could not take the criticism and have moved people against you.

How corny it may seem, I would like to say that friendship is a lot about forgiving. Give the issue time, and things will resolve. They won't go back to normal, but unless something spectacularly horrible happens, you will likely come back into contact with a number of these people. Also, your "best friend" seems to be a bit of an ass if he is cutting connection with you over an issue in a game.

>> No.15660868

Little known fact:
The aid money all the crying westerners gave to Live Aid in 1984 for Bob Geldof's ego trip to save Ethiopia?

Most of it probably went to shoring up Colonel Mengistu's regime and helping him fight rebels.

Thats why the world isn't going to do anything about this Famine in the Horn of Africa. Sad to say it guys, but there's no roads, and the only airfields are controlled by Al-Shabaab. Who WILL steal any and all supplies dropped there.

Africa is grimdark. I'm suprised more people don't play RPGs there.

>> No.15660869

>>15660766

>>The DM immediately began defending himself. I will now copy and paste some of his responses from the message he sent.

Get to it then.

>> No.15660875

sorry, this entire story is bullshit.

For the record CLARKE, the reason why you're getting blackballed is because you kept flirting with 'Nessa every time you played. You're a creep and douche, and your whining about Brian getting a magic dagger when you kept crying about needing it to be THE TANK OMG was the last straw for everyone.

I don't know why Joe isn't returning your call, but he's probably just as sick of you as the rest of us are.

>> No.15660882 [DELETED] 

You're just going to either have to suck it up and apologise, or find some new friends, OP.

>> No.15660886

>>15660855

Group think; I lost an entire friends circle due to that.

>> No.15660888

rolled 58 = 58

>>15660875

>MF if this is legit

>> No.15660891

>>15660868
wrong thread, shit sorry.

>> No.15660894

>>15660875
possible troll perhaps?

>> No.15660895

>>15660875

>> No.15660897

And for the record you're a retard to think that I see this and put 2+2 togather. I rolled Fucklaw for Deathwatch for crissakes, you moron.

>> No.15660898

>Be terrible DM
>Friends keep wanting me to DM anyway
>Still let me know I'm terrible

>> No.15660901

>>15660875
PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL

>> No.15660902

>>15660875
Oh shit, this case just blew wide open.

>> No.15660907

>>15660875
>Nessa
SHIT WHEN DID FRACTALE HAVE A RP GROUP
fuck, I loved that show

>> No.15660913

>>15660875
>>15660897
/slowclap
Bravo.
Bravo.

>> No.15660917

Not a troll. Clark is fucking INFAMOUS for being a whiny bitch around here, but we've always let him be because he's Joe's friend and we all really love him.

When he started hamfistedly flirting with MY bestfriend's wife is when I was ready to deck him.

>> No.15660926

>>15660785
>There were some other things I'm omitting from the message because it concerns names and OOC situations.
>>15660875
>the reason why you're getting blackballed is because you kept flirting with 'Nessa every time you played

CHRIST, it all makes sense!

>> No.15660927

>>15660875
Burrrrn!

In all seriousness, though, it was still bad form of the GM to take two players aside and allow them to powerlevel, during a session where the entire group was present. Regardless of circumstances, that's shitty GMing.

It's fine to have two or even one player have their own adventure once in a while, but you don't do that with everyone else sitting around, twiddling their thumbs. You invite only those people over separately and then play it out. And even then, if they get swamped with magic shit, it's bad GMing, no matter what.

OP might still actually be an asshole for all I know.

>> No.15660929

rolled 16 = 16

>>15660917

>Not a troll

Post the FB convos, OP said he publicized them

>> No.15660930

>>15660891
click the box next to your post and that will put a check inside it, then go to the bottom of the thread and click "delete post"

OP shit's hitting the fan, quickly post the hidden pics you took of Nessa for us

>> No.15660931

I shall believe neither OP nor this new person until somebody posts a screencap.

>> No.15660938

>>15660917
>>15660897
>>15660875
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.
Why can't my groups have drama like this?

Shit, I'll start some myself. Time to hit on uh...well...Mike, I guess.

>> No.15660939

wait wait wait wait

he was having a debate with the DM on facebook while they were having the game in a store?

>> No.15660940

OP has the all characteristics of a whiny bitch, his story didn't sit right, and I'm inclined to like this other guy.

OP, your friends hate you, and so do we.

>> No.15660943

>>15660917
He flirted with another persons wife, while his own wife was there?

>> No.15660944

>>15660938

I'd rather you didn't.

>> No.15660946

other guy, post fb conversations please

>> No.15660960

>>15660917
so was the DM powerleveling two rogues or not?

>> No.15660961

>>15660944
just hit him first, Mike!

>> No.15660974

Remember that this is 4chan. Pics or it didn't happen.

Post facebook screenshots including time of posting.

>> No.15660975

>>15660954
please stop, there's a mike in my group and i'm worried they'll think you're me

>> No.15660976

>>15660943
he's not fucking married, that lunatic.

Hold on, give me a sec and I'll post screenshots. Clark you jackass.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action