Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.15256932 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

/tg/, I'm new to GMing (only two games done before this one) and I've run across a problem I need some help with.

How exactly would be a good way to handle one of my players making an extremely boring character? He literally does nothing interesting, and does not play off any of the characters shortcomings to give me ideas to work with.

It's really annoying because the rest of the players are being interesting, and I can't help but feel like they're outshining him at every opportunity. I want to do something to make sure this guy's having fun, but...

>> No.15256942

Your picture reminded me of some terrible anecdote about a fetishist which involved someone being fucked in the brain and now I can't remember where I read it. It may have actually been on /tg/.

>> No.15256958

Some people actually enjoy just being there in the background and have no interest in coming to the forefront of the game. Talk to your player about wanting to involve him more, but if they say they're fine, don't push. Some people actively hate the spotlight and are happy enough just hanging out with their friends.

Communication is, as always, the issue. Just talk to the player, and if they're having fun, it's all good.

>> No.15256996

>He literally does nothing interesting, and does not play off any of the characters shortcomings to give me ideas to work with.
If he is enjoying himself and not detracting from the enjoyment of other players, then I don't see what the problem is.
Your idea of a boring character might be his idea of a fun one.

>I can't help but feel like they're outshining him at every opportunity
If he doesn't care, then you shouldn't care.

>> No.15257022

There's two possibilities:
A) He's shy.
B) He's bored.

For A, have characters interact with him more. Do interesting things like demon pacts or kidnappings or give him the kill switch. For B, bring a call girl.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action