Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.15248296 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Roight gitz, 'ere'z da fing.
I'm currently working on converting a 1/48th scale Revell A-10 Thunderbolt model into an Ork Fighta-bomma. I know what look I want (I already fixed the gatling cannon being too small), I'm just not sure what kind of custom rules/stats would be an accurate representation of an Ork A-10 without making it cheese with wings.
Halp.

>> No.15248375

Hmmm... how should I say diz...
Not 'nuff dakka.

>> No.15248401

>>15248375

It's going to have bombs when it's assembled, and twin-linked Big Shootas in the wings. Like I said, I have the aesthetics set, I'm just wondering what kind of fun special rules/stats I could give it.

>> No.15248417

>GAU-8
>not big enough

final product. it is now orky enuff

>> No.15248420

>>15248296
>>15248401
Hmm.. how strong are the wings? Maybe sharpen the front edges so you can fly through things with them.

Seems like an orky thing to me.

>> No.15248431

>>15248296
Don't they already have rules for fighta bommaz in one of the IA supplements?

>> No.15248432

You need a grot tailgunner or something.

>> No.15248434

>>15248417
>Orky enuff
>Not red
>laughingmekboyz.exe

>> No.15248452

>>15248420
That's not good enough. Turn the wing edges into chainswords.

>> No.15248470

>>15248431

They also have a template for people to make up their own stuff. I'm using the fightabomma as a base (twin-linked big shootas, AV 10, etc), I'm just curious as to what kind of durability rules I could add or how to stat the big-fuckin'-gun on the front that would make it scary, but balanced.

>> No.15248505

>>15248452
Make the front gun fire squigs or live orks with guns that fire squigs.

>> No.15248506

Ideas

-Add a third engine in between the other two
-Attach claws to the tips of the wings
-Put on some turrets
-Bolt an enormous lifting device, like an electromagnet or a large claw, to the fuselage so it can carry tanks
-Either have an open cockpit with a gunner or put firing slits on the canopy so the pilot can fire out of it
-Mount a bunch of flamers on the wings, facing down, for guard-dusting
-Attach large cannons to the tail fins, also more rockets
-Nose art, make the regular A-10 face Orky

>> No.15248552

>>15248452

Planned aesthetic changes:
More armor plates (doy)
A grot (from the stompa kit) will be hanging off of some piece of the plane, using the head from the Gretchin kit that's screaming/wearing goggles.
The big-shootas in the wings will be taken from the Biker kits. They look nice and killy.
Bombs will be modified parts from a WWII ordinance kit. Lots of large bombs in there.
Pilot will be the driver from the Trukk kit (seat/steering wheel included) with head from Stormboyz kit (wearing goggles and yelling)
May/May not put canopy/cross-hair on the model.

>> No.15248590

>>15248506
>-Add a third engine in between the other two

A good idea, if I could find/build another engine.

>-Attach claws to the tips of the wings

I like that, but like I said I'm working out stats mostly.

>-Put on some turrets

Thought about it, but the fuselage is pretty narrow, it'd require some hellacious cutting to get, say, the turret from a Stompa kit on there.

>-Bolt an enormous lifting device, like an electromagnet or a large claw, to the fuselage so it can carry tanks

Very mek-y. Thought about putting a deployable wrecking-ball for anti-vehicle strafing runs actually.

>> No.15248613

>>15248506

>-Either have an open cockpit with a gunner or put firing slits on the canopy so the pilot can fire out of it

As said, debating on having a canopy at all, or a broken one at best.

>-Mount a bunch of flamers on the wings, facing down, for guard-dusting

Oooooh, nasty! Definitely considering it!

>-Attach large cannons to the tail fins, also more rockets

I've got a few cannons, but as soon as I can find a 1/48th scale C-130... Well, you get the idea.

>-Nose art, make the regular A-10 face Orky

Way ahead of ya, going to incorporate the nose-art into the "teefy plates" that will surround and disguise the gaps between the gun and the fuselage.

>> No.15248614

>>15248590
>if I could find/build another engine

Toilet paper tube?

>> No.15248624

>>15248614
Or plastic tube, if you wanted it to actually look nice.

>> No.15248625

>>15248614
or maybe some pvc piping?

>> No.15248639

>>15248624
>look nice
>Orks

What

>> No.15248642

>>15248614

Too big actually, 1/48th scale is close but not quite 40K proportions (the Trukk Boy has a tight fit!).
I know Orks are all about "I'll be what I wanna do!" but a TP tube engine would look tremendously stupid on this thing.
But here's a thought: Why an engine when you could have a rocket? Yeah! I could put a modified super-rokkit on it and make it look like part of the propulsion system, like the next step above after-burners. "Go", "GO FASTA!", "WAAAAGH!!!"

>> No.15248648

What about a single, big Fat Man style bomb slung underneath the central fuselage?

>> No.15248652

>>15248639

There's actually a sort of unwritten rule of aesthetics when it comes to converting Ork models. Granted you have TONS more artistic freedom with Orks than the other races when it comes to conversions (more like artistic leniency in many cases), but even the Orks have their limits before something goes from " FLASH!" to squig shit.

>> No.15248679

>>15248648

There's actually an external fuel-tank in the model kit that, with some Orky gubbinz, could possibly be a bomb designed to donkey-punch its way through a Titan...

>> No.15248769

Okay, so, plenty of design suggestions, still waiting on potential rules/abilities. Guidelines are basically, it's an A-10 as if an Ork built it. Big, scary gun, rugged airframe, loadsa dakka. So it needs some nice balanced weapon/armor stats that would make it scary but not so much as to make Maryne Sues piss and moan before the game even starts (no point in making up special rules if everyone says "nope").

>> No.15249988

>>15248769
Nose gun as counts as Punisher Gatling Cannon (LR Punisher main gun)
24" Range, Str 5, AP - , Heavy 20.

While it wont reflect the tank-busting reality of the RL thunderbolt's vulcan cannon, it definately has "torrent of lead" aspect going on.

>> No.15250466

>>15249988
Ram that range up by another 36", Strength by... 2 at least, AP3, rolls 2D6 for armour penetration... TWIN LINKED FOR HER PLEASURE, no wait TRI - LINKED
Pic semirelated

>> No.15252362

>>15249988
>>15250466

How about:
48" range S9 AP1/2 Heavy 2D6
Due to the massive recoil generated by this weapon, the 12" range loss by not being an AA mounted weapon is doubled when fired against aircraft. (I hear the A-10 pretty much HAS to fire while in a dive or it will stall)

>> No.15255124

Courtesy bump.

>> No.15255151

>> No.15255162

Use the stats from the Punisher gatling cannon from the Codex: Imp Guard

Then add two to each wing.
Five GAU-8s should be close to enuff dakka

>> No.15255275

>>15255151
>>15255162

Those are ideas, but it doesn't make it much of a tank-buster with such weedy shots.

>> No.15255349

Here you got OP. the Age of Strife Custom Vehicle creator
It's a bit off on teh points and stuck in the previous edition but it's a good framework for creating your Orky A-10. You just have to edit some stuff like points later on

http://www.ageofstrife.com/tools/vdr/

>> No.15255381

>>15255349

Doesn't seem very complete, and doesn't look like it does anything I couldn't do myself. It'd be easy enough to just slap 6 Big Shootas on it but I'd like it to be something fun, yet terrifying to go up against.

>> No.15255397

>>15252362
>Due to the massive recoil generated by this weapon, the 12" range loss by not being an AA mounted weapon is doubled when fired against aircraft. (I hear the A-10 pretty much HAS to fire while in a dive or it will stall)
Nope. That's just aiming requirements. Even if you had the GAU-8 on full rock for the entire magazine of 1150 rounds, it isn't enough to get the plane to stalling speed.

Of course, this is orks we are talking about. An additional suggestion would be to have the plane veer off course after all bursts of fire. The position of the firing barrel of the A-10 was carefully selected in order to center the forces of the recoil, I doubt any Ork is going to care particularly much about centering anything. Or just having 1150 rounds to fire per GAU, for that matter. Or keeping the barrel from eventually slagging by judicious application of short-n-tidy bursts.

>> No.15255538

rolled 4 = 4

Model a bomb stack that's held behind the cockpit, then have two grots walking on the wings attached from the front of the wing with a bungee cord, have them literally pick up and drop the nukes. Have them both with parachute back packs with the cord attached. Maybe you can make one of them with the parachute accidentally deployed, still attached to the wing or if you're good enough at modelling have a grot slip or fumble, the nuke slipping from his finger tips. Put goggles on them. They must have goggles.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action