Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.15027286 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

OKAY SO HERE'S THE DEAL. I WANT TO START PLAYING WARHAMMER.

MY FRIEND NO LONGER PLAYS AND WILL SELL ME A 1000 POINT ARMY OF UNPAINTED ORCS.

THATS COOL, BUT I WAS KIND OF INTERESTED IN IMPERIAL GUARD BUT THE DEAL IS TOO GOOD TO PASS UP, SO HERE'S THE KICKER.

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO MAKE AN ORC GANG THAT FIGHT LIKE IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN?

>> No.15027310

HM, WELL PERHAPS

YOU COULD WITH THE RIGHT CONVERSIONS SET YOUR ORKZ UP TO LOOK LIKE GUARDSMEN AND PAINT UP GUARD VEHICLES TO LOOK LOOTED.

YOU'D ALSO NEED TO CONVERT NOBS AND WARBOSSES TO LOOK LIKE A COMMISSAR OR SOMETHING IF YOU ARE USING THE IMP GUARD RULES.

>> No.15027313

OP: Please see ref. "Blood Axes".

You're welcome.

>> No.15027330

>>15027286
I ASK BECAUSE, I REALLY PREFER THE IMPERIAL GUARD, THOUGH ORKS ARE MY SECOND CHOICE.

I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE TO GREENSTUFF SOME TRENCHCOATS AND COMMISAR HATS ONTO MY ORKS.

BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF IT'S POSSIBLE AND AS A NEWBIE I NEED HELP!

>> No.15027338

Ork Commissars you say?

>> No.15027344

>>15027286
yep, it's perfectly possible, but you might get raged at by your local community for doing so.

then you can convert a "Boss Castleman Kreed", and 'Kolour Sarge Kill'.

>> No.15027350

>>15027338

Lookait dem dick suckin lips... deys real purdy.

>> No.15027358

WHY IS EVERYBODY SHOUTING?

IS IT BECAUSE WE'RE DISCUSSING ORKS? AND ORKS SHOUT ALL THE TIME? IS THAT WHY? IS THAT WHY WE'RE DOING IT? GUYS? GUYS CAN YOU HERE ME? I SAID IS THAT WHY WE'RE SHOUTING? BECAUSE WE'RE LIKE ORKS?

>> No.15027370

>>15027313
I'm seein' pictas of the blood axes and they seem sorta close to what I want.

And what's this about using Orks with IG rules?

W-Would that be possible?

>> No.15027381

>>15027338

I've always wanted to see a Space Marine army... where all the spacre marines were actually orks squeezed into power armor.

Of course, played straight as a Space Marine army. And claiming ignorance when questioned about orks in power armor.

>> No.15027405

>>15027370
If you want to troll people, sure. Especially great for trolling marinefags who run 'count-as -insert mehreen codex here-'.

Although Rebel Grot armies do fit IG Infantry-spam lists quite well.

>> No.15027407

>>15027381
Maybe as Dark Templars?

>> No.15027417

>>15027407
Fuck me. I meant Black Templars. Sorry.

>> No.15027418

>>15027405
I always wanted to do these. A 500-1000 points of rebel grots counting as Imperial Guard.
Is there picture of those kind of army? I'm really curious about it and I'd like inspiration.

>> No.15027424

>>15027381
Laughed for a good 5 minutes, thanks.

>> No.15027430

>>15027313
Deff Skwadron were part of a Blood Axes style clan wasnt it?

>> No.15027440

>>15027418
There are plenty of pictures. don't go looking on Whineseer for them.

For anything Ork related, go to the-waaagh. It's a fucking gold-mine for Ork-related everything. Whether it be conversions, how-to's, advice, or inspiration.

>> No.15027450

>>15027405
The thing is I don't totally want to betray their orkiness.

I want squads of gunners who instead of just charging the army, set up a heavy machine gun and begin pelting them while their backup squad flanks the enemy and THEN CHARGES THE FUCK OUT OF THEM.

Blood axes sounds like the best thing to do though I think. I wonder if they have any special units or anything.

>> No.15027451

>>15027430
The entirety of Deff-Skwadrun was pretty much Blood-Axes. they're the shining example of Blood Axes, especially the Warboss.

>> No.15027452

You could fluff them to be fighting on the imperium's side. Their motivation would be that they recognized the imperium to be "da strongest".
pic very related.

>> No.15027467

>>15027430

>> No.15027470

>>15027452
I wonder if it would be possible to fluff something like that as... well, do you remember that story with the lonely warboss, who was more or less meant to be a warboss?

Well think, on that same planet he found some 'umies, and with nothin' else to do, he started trainin' em as boyz.

Resulting in some fucking strange ork army where dar orkz fight like umies and da umies fight like orkz

>> No.15027482

>>15027452
No... a proppa Blood Axe army's motivation for fighting for IG (note, not mehreen-sues) would be because they're mercenaries. The Blood Axe clan regularly tends to fight for anyone who will pay them either through teef (or other such valuable monetary currencies), or through technology/gear.

The Tau have even been known to hire Blood Axe warbands. In Apoc games, it allows for some very fluffy battles where the IG and Blood Axes are fighting together against something like Chaos, Nids, Eldar, etc.

Blood Axes also have a reputation for back-stabbing their 'employers' if they suddenly become discontent with the deal.

>> No.15027499

>>15027451
It does explain his bitchin hat.

>>15027467

>> No.15027505

>>15027482
It should also be noted that currently GW is pretty 'behind' on Blood-Axe style and paint-schemes. Most die-hard Blood Axe players aren't doing the shitty 'zebra-camo' concept that GW has used as their example army... The BA clan-players have for the most part been converting their Ork armies to resemble cadians, steel-legion, valhallan, death-korps, etc. IG legions.

>> No.15027514

Okay kid here's what you do...

1. Obtain Leman Russ tank
2. Build it
3. Make it orky by adding bitz
4. Field it using counts as rules
5. ...
6. Profit

Looted Leman Russ tanks are pretty nice and fluffy. It'd also give you a good chance to work on your conversion skills.

>> No.15027520

>>15027505

Do the blood axe clan have hteir own codec or anything? That seems to be like they'd have separate rules or something at least!

And I'd love to have Death korps of Krieg styled orks.

>> No.15027538

>>15027381
That is really funny actually, post it on Dakka and someone will do it I bet.

>> No.15027542

Here you go OP.

>> No.15027555

>>15027520
Maybe in 2nd edition. But definitely not now.

>> No.15027572

>>15027499

>> No.15027593

>>15027572
Sorry for slow posting. I'm reading these as I go.

>> No.15027611

>>15027593

>> No.15027624

>>15027611

>> No.15027627

>>15027520
They used to have their own rules... but that was back in 3.5e and ended late 4e when the codex was rewritten. Basically, they got Kommandos as Troop-Choices, with a lot of emphasis towards having 'looted' (er... aquired) Imperial gear and vehicles. There were some modifications to the list beyond Kommandos as Troops, as well.

All of that went away however when GW adopted the 'Less = More' design style of 4th edition, ending the 'clan-distinctions'.

Basically, the clans are just color-schemes and theme ideas now. You don't get anything for theming your army around the Blood-Axes, and most spess mehreen players won't even understand what you're doing anyways (and many will just assume you're "hurr Looting IG"). Like so many other 'variant armies' within the various factions, they all became a 'One-Codex to represent them all'. The Chaos Legions, Eldar Craftworlds, and IG regiments all got a similar treatment. The only 'variant armies' to survive, were the developer-favorite spess mehreens and their never-ending copy-pasta codices.

>> No.15027650

>>15027286
>'Less = More' design style
you mean 'More Marines Less Everyone Else = More' design style?

>> No.15027665

>>15027286
>>15027555
>>15027381

Someone already did something like this...
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/301013.page
Bruvva Grimtoof

Something about Bruvva Grimtoof isn't quite...well...right. Like so much of the Chapter's history little is known of his origins but he turned up claimiing to be a lost member of the Chapter. Coincidently it was just about the same time as the CSK(od) departed from Armageddon.
He had his own set of power armour (which was suspiciously like Brother Redshirt's armour before he went behind a large rock on his own to check for energy readings and was never seen again) so they figured his story checked out.

>wholly orshes
I agree captcha, a wholly Orcish army would be awesome.

>> No.15027666

>>15027624

>> No.15027723

>>15027650
Currently in 5th edition, it certainly feels that way.

The 'Less=More' design came from Alessio, who pushed the concept of 'simplistic codices, streamlining the system, and consolidating all the various army lists into 1 generic army list. Had the design continued into 5th, we probably would have seen 1 marine codex.

5th edition started what I like to refer to as the 'kitchen-sink' design philosophy. Basically, everything gets 'unique super-cool rules', bizzarro new units are created (that had no prior reference anywhere, i.e. ThunderWolf Cavalry, Dreadknights, Thunderfire Cannons, etc.), and the game as a whole has turned into a variant-mehreen spam fest.

>> No.15027949

Yes it is entirely possible. to make a "counts as" IG army out of orks.

Pic related

the blood axes are an ork clan that has been dealing with humans for a long time and picked up some un orky habits, such as retreating to strike again. trading for weapons to later use against the humans.

>> No.15028180

>>15027949
Pic Related? How so!? Those are Deathskullz with looted equipment! If the blue wasn't a big enough indicator, the face-paint is a dead give-away.

If they were Blood Axes, they'd either :
A) Be an orkified rendition of the army they're trying to mimic.
-OR-
B) Be a shitty GW-example "dumb-camo" paint-scheme.

>> No.15028277

Infantry squads, that have the odd model with a special/heavy weapon: Check. You can have regular Boyz, with Shootas if you insist on doing it that way. They can have Rokkits, and or Big Shootas.

Squads like that which have transports? Check. You have Trukks.

Something like heavy weapon/Special Weapon teams? You have Lootas, Burna Boyz, and Gun Batteries.

Fast attack choices which dubiously resemble the working concept of a Sentinel? Sure. They don't actually have legs, but most of them can scout, and they have guns that are not dissimilar. If you want something with legs, that doesn't scout, get Killa Kanz.

And Battle Wagons can be made to imitate a Russ, if not in the sense of being precise, in that they are pretty tough, and have a lot of guns. You can fill in the gaps for vehicles with Looted Wagons, which can variously resemble bad versions of several imperial guard vehicles with templates.

>> No.15028317

>>15028277
A Battlewagon with 'Ard Case, KillKannon, 1 to 3 Big Shootas (sponson/pintle-mount), and Kannon hull-mount, makes for the best 'Looted Lemun Russ' you can get as an Ork player. Alternatively, if AI-8 is 'allowed', you can replace the KillKannon for the much better Soopa-Kannon and represent it as a 'Looted Vanquisher'.

Big Trakk from IA 8 with a Soopa-Kannon is a good rendition of a Basilisk. Soopa-Lobba's are an alternative, which gives you what is effectively a 'griffon'.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action