Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.14917740 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I'm starting a game using the Song of Ice and Fire system by Green Ronin. It seems like a fair enough game with good enough rules and from what I heard here on /tg/, it's a very well loved game that isn't very well known by the masses.

But I didn't want to set it on Westeros so I decided to place the adventures in an alternate version of the modern world.

Initially the players would belong to a house but with the first session, they'd loose it and be handed the quest of going down to Jerusalem. But my players complained about the house ruling and house dealing that they really wanted to play with.
House ruling and House dealing that I scrapped.
Yeeeeeap.

So I either take my steps back and return to Westeros or I crusade around with a warband, I'm not sure.
What's else, I need to ask /tg/ something: In real life, in England, would it be possible for a minor lord of a house to be attacked (read: "Disciplined") by a greater lord of a house, with the justa causa of the minor lord raiding settlements belonging to the greater lord?
Also, Song of Ice and Fire general! And knights general!

>> No.14917744

>> No.14917749

>>14917740

Am I wrong for thinking that realistic/historical armor from the medieval and antiquity periods is a heck of a lot more awesomer and sexier looking than most fantasy stuff you see?

>> No.14917761

If you raided against a lord that was your ally and had more clout, you would probably get killed, either by supporters against what they see is a amdamn, or by trial, edict, whatever

>> No.14917778

>>14917749

nope.

>> No.14917796

>>14917761
Thanks for the answer. 4chan's super slow for me.

Yeah, but I mean, consider that the greater lord is the liege of the minor lord. The greater lord hires brigands to harass the country side. The Minor lord prepares his troops to deal with the situation and does so. The greater lord then can claim that the minor lord attacked his "troops" with no good reason, thus gaining justa causa to attack with the support of the greater houses, correct?

>> No.14917803

>> No.14917843

>>14917749
Historical Armor is really the best armor.

As for >>14917740
I suppose it ultimately boils down to what the majority of players and you are comfortable playing as a setting. If they feel like riding around the Holy Land go with that.

>In real life, in England, would it be possible for a minor lord of a house to be attacked (read: "Disciplined") by a greater lord of a house, with the justa causa of the minor lord raiding settlements belonging to the greater lord?
Vassalage was generally put in place to prevent that kind of thing. A vassal would be have to be crazy/in open revolt to attack his lord, even as a small raid. If the lesser noble was just being an uppity ass his lord would probably scold him/punish him financially or socially for violating the social contract. If the vassal was in military revolt, yeah, the lord would probably be justified in knocking him down a peg.

Now, if the greater lord was just bullying the vassal and enough other greater nobles (of equal status as the bully or greater) felt like doing something about it, well, things would probably get... interesting.

I'd post some Angus McBride art, but site's running crazy slow

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action