Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 813 KB, 2500x1667, 1302462882391.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14726338 No.14726338 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Sup /tg/, I'm pretty new to 40k and Blood Angels is how I roll but I'm not sure what to start with.
A friend of mine recommended to start with a Force Commander or a Space Marine Bike.
All I can spend on Warhams right now is nothing less than €20.
What advice can you elegan/tg/entleman give a new painter?

>> No.14726620

bump

>> No.14726636

>>14726338
Mechrite red is your friend.

>Force Commander or Bike
Paint a Librarian instead. You'll use him far more often.

>> No.14726926
File: 177 KB, 825x1173, BEWARE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

If you have trouble painting within the lines, do two things:
-Brace your wrists against the edge of the table.
-Eat something. If you're empty, your hands shake more. Don't snack on anything greasy while painting. Bad idea.

ALWAYS change your paint water after using metallics, and rinse the brush as well.
ALWAYS rinse the brush
ALWAYS use a spray primer
ALWAYS base your models
Try washes. It's worth it.
If you're just painting on flat, with no blending or washing, each color area should have three layers at least: a base, a shade, and a highlight. Unless it's an oddball like black or white, in which case you can get away with two or just one.

DON'T start with an HQ unit of any kind. Get a squad first. You want to learn skills on models that are less important, so that when you paint your HQs, you can paint them well.

>> No.14726931

Buy Black Reach Tac Marines on ebay for $15.

... and if you don't have any money, you're in the wrong fuckin' hobby....

>> No.14727241

>>14726931
Thanks captain obvious.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action