Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.14299883 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

/tg/ I'm a veteran gamer. I have my fair share of books, and I've been a DM/GM/ST as well as a player in NWOD, OWOD, DnD (from ADnD up), Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch, Pathfinder, Aberrant, Scion, and the Iron Kingdoms series. What can you suggest for something new?

>> No.14299897

I offer you 'Outside,' from the makers of 'Real Life!' No dice required, just a sense of adventure, initiative and imagination are all you need!

>> No.14299906

THE FATE SYSTEM, IN ANY OF ITS INCARNATIONS. SPIRIT OF THE CENTURY, DRESDEN FILES, TANGLED THREADS, I GIVE ZERO FUCKS, JUST EXPOSE YOURSELF TO THE ASPECT SYSTEM AND SEE HOW GODDAMN ELEGANT IT IS.

>> No.14299912

7th Sea and Legend of the Five Rings. The systems are superficially similar but the games are quite different (Errol Flynn vs Kurosawa you could say).

>> No.14299920

>>14299906
Seconding this. I ran DFRPG once, and now we're converting Changeling and Fireborn over.

We're losing contracts in Changeling, which is a shame, but Aspects are awesome for a thematic game like Changeling.

>> No.14299928

>> No.14299974

Exalted

>> No.14300022

Op here. Forgot to add D20 Modern/Future and Exalted. Plus More than Human if you count that and Aberrant as different systems. And anyone who hasn't played that, I give it the highest recommendation.

>> No.14300104

>/tg/ I'm a veteran gamer
>veteran gamer
stopped reading there

>> No.14300121

Op again. The Fate system interests me. Can anyone give me the quick & dirty explanation?

>> No.14300309

I'm going to reccomend Earthdawn.

It's basically a high-magic setting, focuse on exploring a recently changed world. Insert lovecraftian horrors as appropriate.

Everyone is a magician in some sense. Dwarves are the most numerous race. There are magical airships which you can "sink" if it lets in too much air.

And it has the best magic-item system i have ever seen (i'm not really that experience though), where you develop your "bond" with weapons, and thus improving it in your hands, instead of just replacing them, like in DnD.

It's not perfect, especially some parts of combat ("Oh, you wanna try and circumvent his shield? Right, now let's take your initiative for this round and compare it to his, then you roll for attack..."), but it's really great fun.

You should get 3rd edition though, but they're pretty similar.

>> No.14300333

I want to destroy your desire to ever play RPGs again.

MEGADAMAGE AND UNPENETRABLE RULES EVERYWHERE

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action