Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.14297255 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So I've recently started playing board games with my older brother and his friends. I've played Cave Troll, Citadels, Godstorm risk twice and some Cthulhu Racecar card game once. I've also played Munchkins the board game.

To rank them I'd have to put Citadels at the top followed by Cave Troll and then probably god storm risk or Munchkins I didn't really like the racecar game all that much. Maybe it's because I lost and I'm a little salty, but to be honest it felt very random/luck based and I think I find strategy/bluffing based games are more fun. My top 2 favourite games are both from the Silver Line series that FFG puts out so maybe I'm also into games that don't take FOREVVVERRR to play. I like games That don't take forever to finish because it's no fun if someone gets knocked out and just sits and drinks alcohol and eats snacks while he watches his buddies play games for the next 10 billion years. (We made a rule in godstorm risk where a player who's knocked out still gets his turn and rolls 1 dice and gets to kill that many units from a territory of his choosing, I think it worked pretty well ^^)

What kind of board/card games would you suggest I try out? I've been going out with my brother and his friends once a week for the past while and they all have games they contribute. I was thinking about picking up the starcraft board game and it's expansion, I've looked at a bunch of reviews and it seems pretty solid besides a bit of a learning curve. Can you guys recomend me any games that you think I would find really fun? Thanks a bunch.

>> No.14297317

bamp-u

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action