Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 274 KB, 873x627, m850454a_Angels-of-Death_873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215484 No.14215484 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What do people think of blood angels?

>> No.14215493

I didn't care about them.
But than I read Bloodquest.

>> No.14215500

>>14215493
Is that the comic?

>> No.14215501

They were cool until the new Ward stuff.

Goddamn. Fuckin' Sanguinor. Jesus.

>> No.14215511

Herp derp mystical angel of blood made from heroism of marines.

>> No.14215530

>>14215500
Well it did feature one of your new fangled "Blood Angels" in a certain manner of speaking

>> No.14215533

So Sanguinor is a daemon of chaos.
It's isn't inconsistent with the setting even if a bit cheesy

>> No.14215539

>>14215533
Yeah, I know a bunch of Daemons of Chaos that help out the Space Marines.

And carry Frag Grenades on their belt. That's the part that really fuckin' got me laughing, too, the fact that it's not just a fucking golden-armored angel wielding a gigantic flaming sword, but he's also got FRAGS just in case. You never know, right?

>> No.14215555

>>14215539

It's so he can casually toss one behind him and blow everything up when he's finished carving people to bits with the flaming sword.

Then he can walk slowly away from the explosion whilst not look backwards.

Because that's cool.

>> No.14215561
File: 271 KB, 965x1387, sang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215561

Did someone mention the Sanguinor?

>> No.14215564

All imperial saints are people possessed by great daemons of the imperial cult.

>> No.14215568
File: 327 KB, 649x1078, Death_Company_vs._Tyranids.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215568

Death Company is pretty cool

>> No.14215577

Flesh Tearers. That is all.

>> No.14215578

Dont you miss the days where being a special chapter with a book just ment one or two neat rules and units, mabee a character or two. It was awesome without being stupid.

>> No.14215580

>>14215561
oh lol i forgot he had a jump pack too

it's not enough that he's a fucking SPACE ANGEL he has to have a jetpack too

>> No.14215581

>>14215568
agreed i love the death company for the same reason i like the legion of the damned.

>> No.14215585

>>14215578

Angels of Death anyone? That was nice.

>> No.14215590

Anyone who gives a shit about a chapter that's not one they made up themselves is killing the game.

>> No.14215603

S you'd rather have smurf wannabes but with a a couple of different rules and maybe a big golden U somewhere hard to spot

>> No.14215615

>>14215603

0/10
O U

>> No.14215619

I like them if I ignore Matt Ward's bullshit.
They are practically a Khorne army,

>> No.14215627

>>14215603
no, he'd rather have fun with his own army with his own chapter master, rather than having to pluck some dipshit like Tu'Shan or Dante out of the book to make his army work.

Special characters, especially ones that grant army-wide rules, are fucking gay. if you happen to play a chapter that has one of these goons, like Flesh Tearers or Salamanders, congratulations! You have to take the same HQ choice every time to play your army! It's like you only have one slot in that category, because that shit isn't gonna change until we get around to re-writing the book again, but don't worry, because its Codex- Space Marines and we never keep them waiting too long!

>> No.14215639

>>14215590
http://exploringbelievability.blogspot.com/2011/02/emergent-stories.html

JUST BECAUSE IT'S A WARGAME DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO STOP BEING CREATIVE

>> No.14215662
File: 20 KB, 361x358, 1289741138787.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215662

>>14215627
So much butthurt

>> No.14215667

>>14215627
If I played a Salamanders or Flesh Tearers army, I would take Vulcan or Seth everytime anyway. Same with any chapter with a special character, special characters add coolness.

>> No.14215680

>>14215619
>practically a khorne army
>replace the words 'Blood' and 'Sanguinius' with 'Skull' and 'Slaughter' respectively
>Sanguinor as Winged Daemon Prince

ALL PRAISE CODEX: WORLD EATERS!

>> No.14215686

>>14215627
>You have to take the same HQ choice every time to play your army!

Bullshit. For example, Seth does not grant any armywide special rules, he's the Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, nothing more, nothing less.

A force led by a generic Captain, Reclusiarch or a Librarian from the BA codex can easily be used as a Flesh Tearers army, the only thing Seth adds is his personal wargear and the orbital bombardment relay which is chapter master only in the vanilla dex too.

>> No.14215687
File: 133 KB, 600x920, mephiston.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215687

s'up faggots?

>> No.14215700

>>14215686
Yeah, you can use generic characters, but on the other hand if you make your own chapter, they're ALL generics you can make up.

>> No.14215703

No.14215627
and where does it say that just because we got a few chapter master with special rules you can't just create your own chapter with its own chapter master?

>> No.14215710

>>14215703
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was defending: the choice to play one's own chapter versus using a pre-made one.

Also put a > before the post number, newbie.

>> No.14215724

>>14215700

And your point is?

If I like the Flesh tearers colourscheme, I can either take an established character with unique wargear or make up a captain or a librarian. The army does not play any differently regardless of the HQ taken, but I much prefer the idea that the Chapter Master of an established chapter has established rules to the idea that he's a generic dude with Combat Tactics and wargear (even fluff) that varies with every player I see using him. Like Vladimir Pugh of the Imperial Fists.

>> No.14215725

>>14215703

Right here, with me saying you're too retarded to think of usably balanced rules.

>> No.14215733

>>14215724
>but I much prefer the idea that the Chapter Master of an established chapter has established rules
Yeah, okay, but the point is that it's your dudes, right, and hence they're personalized for you because they're YOURS.

Bringing along big papa chapter master with unique stats sort of takes away from that because he's not really part of your customized unit, he's just sort of along for the ride.

>> No.14215759

>>14215733
different fag here, but you know there is a rule called "counts as" for exactly that purpose. Lets say for example you using the valinila dex, and you realy like power fists. So much infact that you absolutely have to use Calgar. But you actualy have self respect and refuse to play ultramarines. What do? Well you use Calgar, but call him Fred. Fred has identical rules, model, and points value as Calgar, but he is Fred. And that is 100% legit. Fred leads your army into battle now. He is just as much one of your dudes as that one sergent in Tactical squad number 2.

>> No.14215768

>>14215733

But since I don't always take Seth with a Flesh Tearers army, there is no problem. Captains and librarians change and those slots offer enough flexibility in a force that doesn't include the Chapter Master.

However *if* I wanted to use Seth, a character who like his Chapter has existed in the official fluff for years, I like the idea that he has official rules to the idea that he is indistinguishable from the "generic Chapter Master using Combat Tactics", which is what you are forced to do if you want to use vanilla Chapter Masters to represent the Chapter Master of Imperial Fists or Salamanders.

Personally I'd represent Pugh with Pedro Kantor who uses the same Chapter Tactics as the parent Chapter of Crimson Fists (he and Lysander both have Stubborn CT).

>> No.14215771

>>14215759
Well, think of it like this.

You know how the Guard had, like, doctrines? And you could combine those doctrines to make your own unit by having closed-rank guys or camouflage cloaks or stormtroopers or whatever, based on what you wanted the theme of your unit to be, but at the same time you could also use pre-made IG regiments that were assembled by the same process?

Space Marines should be more like that. Different traits and concepts to choose from, and then some of that reflects on their heroes - tactical leader types versus brutish "in the thick of things" commanders. This would allow you to add some customization and character to your units.

Obviously counts-as can do something similar, but in that case it's more about which pre-existing character you choose to copy, rather than building and customizing your own. I'm not trying to say people shouldn't use pre-existing units, but I am trying to explain why someone might prefer to use custom chapters / squads / characters.

>> No.14215772

>>14215759
AND GREATEST OF THE EMPEROR'S HEROES IS FRED

>> No.14215781

>>14215772
AND FRED SHALL KNOW NO FEAR

>> No.14215789

>>14215680
I like this idea.
Make it so.

>> No.14215791

>>14215781
>>14215772
I look up to Fred as my spiritual liege.

>> No.14215793

>>14215791
FRED IS DEATH, FRED IS FEARLESS, FRED IS INVINCIBLE

>> No.14215796
File: 25 KB, 400x377, Sanguinor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14215796

>>14215680
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD ANGEL!
GOLD FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE!

>> No.14215803

>>14215772
NO ITS GAV

>> No.14215804

>>14215686 the only thing Seth adds is his personal wargear and the orbital bombardment relay

There's no Orbital Bombardment in CBA.

>> No.14215809

ITT:
Butthurt neck beards complaing about a game made for kids.

>> No.14215811

>>14215809
In THIS thread?

>> No.14215812

>>14215803
GAV DID WEAKEN THE FORCES OF CHAOS. HOWEVER, MATT'S ONSLAUGHT OF STRANGE TACTICS HAS BOOSTED THE MORAL OF THE YOUNGER GENERATION IN THE SECTOR, EVEN IF THE OLD GUARD DO FIND HIS METHODS CONTROVERSIAL.

>> No.14215813

>>14215771
They used to have that back in the 4th edition codex. You could take traits, major and minor. For the amount that you took it related to a major or minor disadvantage/limitation.

>> No.14215816

>>14215809
Fred does not like your tone. You go to your room untill you can learn some respect.

>> No.14215818

>>14215812
FOR BOB, FOR 'ARRY, FOR TARLA!

that dude had one arm cut from the shoulder and yet he blew the head of a greater slaaneshi daemon, by shoving a grenade in its mouth.

>> No.14215820

>>14215813
That's pretty cool, then. They should go back to that. And then turn it into a videogame SO I DONT HAVE TO WASTE MY MONEY PAINTING PLASTIC ARMYMEN

>> No.14215825

>>14215771
Space Marines had Chapter Traits in 4th edition, but you're obviously a newfag.

>> No.14215828

>>14215804

That makes Seth closer to a normal Captain, but he's a distinct character still, as he should be.

>> No.14215841

>>14215813
yeah exept that the system was HORABLY desighned and lended itself to major min maxing. Oh no I cant take allies, whatever will I do?

>> No.14215858

>>14215818
Dude should unironically have submitted that to the Black Library. An official, canon Gav series would own and he worked with the fluff better than anyone who's ever written Space Marines.

>> No.14215879

>>14215820
2/10

>> No.14215891

>>14215858
So you're a butthurt orks player who gets butthurt when your green niggers get slaughtered in Space Marine novels?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action