Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.14214982 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So I'm starting a new deathwatch campaign, and I was wondering what sort of things I should know, be on the look out for
Tip? Tricks? Ideas?

>> No.14214998

If you have an apothecary, give them renown for helping their squadmates. Don't dick 'em over.

If you're into that sort of thing, try and have the marines get involved in some social situation to see how they react. Might be cool.

>> No.14215000

>>14214998
lol.. you're not that same guy from yesterday, are you?

>> No.14215004

>>14215000
Nah, but I read the thread, so I figured I'd just repeat it.

>> No.14215008

>>14214998
I saw your thread, that how did that end up working out for you?

>> No.14215014

>>14215008
It wasn't me augh.

Just repeating the lesson of that thread.

(polite sage for not actually contributing)

>> No.14215020

Scratch that! I need to F5 before hitting submit

>> No.14215039

Alright, lets get back on track
Can anybody help me with what kind of stuff to keep my eye out for when I'm running this game?

>> No.14215059

>>14215039
What do you mean? Interesting things you can do with the plot, or things to watch out for?

If it's things to watch out for, make sure there's at least -some- synergy between the chapters you have.

Having a team of three Blood Ravens and three Black Templars is going to be a very, very awkward Thunderhawk ride.

>> No.14215082

One: you have to emphasize to the players that their primary purpose is not to shoot everything that moves.

Two: mission briefings and memorable ally NPCs will make or break your game. The game hinges on your ability to give your players a ludicrous amount of context as space marines lead a monastic, isolated existence

Three: don't be afraid to stray from lore, it is all propaganda anyway and a big part of being in the deathwatch is how the players cope with the fact that the simple reality they enjoyed as righteous space marines is really just a defense mechanism.

>> No.14215090

I'd like some pl0t ideas. I can expand off of them, but I'm not the best fountain of starter ideas.
What chapter combinations would be a good idea to recommend to the players?

>> No.14215119

>>14215090
Generally anything works, as long as you avoid the whole "every squad member has a grudge against every other squad member" thing.

Plot hooks could be anything, really. Finding a piece of Xenos archaeotech, discovering the beginnings of a tyranid infestation, dealing with Tau expansionists...

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action