Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.13347404 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

This thread often yields interesting results.

Post a single image that in your mind represents in full the term BIG GODDAMN HERO(ES).

>> No.13347418

>> No.13347423

>>13347404
>>13347418

who do I trust!?

>> No.13347435

>>13347418

>> No.13347453

>> No.13347454

>>13347418
That always makes me grin like fuck.

>> No.13347466

This is the very first thing.

Any of the three designs, but mainly this one or the army one.

>> No.13347474

>> No.13347486

>> No.13347491

rolled 5 = 5

Those army dudes opened fire on a bunch of kids and the two in OP's image.

He stood in front of the bullets.

>> No.13347496

>> No.13347501

>> No.13347511

You have to hand it to them.

>> No.13347514

Angry Marines. Best heroes ever

>> No.13347515

>> No.13347535

>>13347404
>>13347491

It was pretty clear back in the day who the real balls-to-the-wall Alpha motherfucker was.

>> No.13347562

>> No.13347582

>>13347562

>> No.13347584

>>13347404
>>13347491
Source on these comic? I need to expand my JUSTICE collection.

>> No.13347586

>> No.13347604

>>13347584
Kamen Rider Spirits, my friend.

>> No.13347612

>> No.13347615

>> No.13347619

>> No.13347621

>>13347604
Thank you comrade.

>> No.13347646

>> No.13347652

>>13347423
Their brothers.

>> No.13347660

>> No.13347669

>> No.13347672

>>13347621

>> No.13347678

>> No.13347679

>>13347669
Agreed.

>> No.13347682

>>13347514
I was gonna post this xD

here is a different one then

>> No.13347706

End of the line, creep.

>> No.13347713

>> No.13347727

>> No.13347899

I do know one thing: Heroes really do exist. We've just seen one, and now he's coming home

>> No.13347928

>> No.13347931

>> No.13347954

Adorably badass cyborg.

>>13347511
Always loved the ORCA, we must have them in real life.

>> No.13347962

>>13347899

One day, I'm going to play the Ace Combat games.

One day...

>> No.13347993

>>13347962

what was the sage for

>> No.13347995

>>13347899

Three words that have been burned into my memory from that game:

Mobius One, engage.

>> No.13348037

>>13347993

I did not contribute anything to thread, so I saged so as not to bump. That was its intended function until the masses perverted it into an insult.

>> No.13348038

Yo, buddy, still alive?

>> No.13348174

>> No.13348231

>analysis winglit
Damn right, captcha

>> No.13348237

>>13347995

For me its: Look! Up in the sky! It's the Grim Reaper!

>> No.13348242

>> No.13348244

>>13348038
He's not Lawful. He's not Lawful at all. Sure he might be good but definately not lawful.
He's willing to destroy nations to create a peaceful world without borders and without control.
If you want Lawful then the Belkan airfoce is extreamly lawful.

>> No.13348246

When I think of that phrase I think of Zaeed Massani because that's a quote from him.

>> No.13348251

>> No.13348260

>> No.13348268

>>13348260

... Mom? ;_;

>> No.13348282

>>13348268
You want some too, boy ?

>> No.13348283

>>13348268
JAWESOME

>> No.13348308

>> No.13348311

>>13348244

This thread isnĀ“t about Lawful, though.

>> No.13348322

>>13348308

>> No.13348323

>>13348308

>> No.13348327

>>13348311
Sorry. My brain is freaking out on me. I thought this thread was yesterday "How to roleplay Lawful character.

>> No.13348332

>> No.13348351

Shame about.. well, everything else about the Marvel Civil War event, but this one isn't bad.

(A different writer had him surrender a few days after. When he realized that people might die fighting for what they believed in.. you might imagine a SOLIDER would understand that.)

>> No.13348401

Okay, I started going through images to see if I had anything that fit... then I found this, and I knew I had found it.

>> No.13348426

>> No.13348449

>>13348351

Eh, not much impressed by the speech actually, stay by what you belive no matter how much others argue against it?

I guess the KKK and Al Qaida at last have found someone that agrees with their principled stance of "only i am right and all you others are heathen dumbasses."

Not disagreeing on Civil War however as that could have been good but was just a clusterfuck as the writers each wrote their own version of the story, also you dont make one side both the underdogs and have them lead by Captain America and expect the story to show both sides as equally right or wrong.

>> No.13348492

>> No.13348506

>>13348449

Well, no. The idea is "I will continue to do as I see right, until you show me that you are wrong. Shunning, disapproval, threats, repercussions are not showing me. Try to talk to me instead."

I like that.

>> No.13348540

>>13348506

I understand that they were tryiing to say that but it is not what he is saying.

He is saying that he is the sole arbiter of truth and that everyone else is wrong if they disagree, and that is the line of fanatics and despots everywhere.

>> No.13349569

>>13348540
I find it hilarious since the cap is supposed to be the ultimate american and shows quite obviously in this speech that he is antidemocracy

>> No.13349574

>>13349569

Yeah, well.

>> No.13349584

>>13348351
Later he realized he was doin' it wrong, and that is why he surrendered.

>> No.13349604

>>13349584
jesus christ, B^U got to be in charge of Cap A speech bubbles?

>> No.13349611

>>13349604

If I remember right, that's a "This Is What Cap Should Have Said" edit of it all. Basically, a rant from some guy on /co/.

>> No.13349626

>>13349574
>You've abused other peoples civil rights!
>Therefore its fine for us to kidnap you in the night if you have any powers and turn you into a cold blooded killer. And if you disagree with any of this, we can ship you off to a dimension that is proven to have a negative effect on your mental health, with no trial!

Fuck sake Tony!

>> No.13349628

>>13347418

>> No.13349635

>>13349611
yeah, started to realize it was an edit when I read more. good enough rant even though it still uses the extended speech B^Ubble format.

>> No.13349637

>>13349569
I'm pretty sure that democracy is based on you standing by what you believe, and not voting on the guy who holds a gun to your head.

>> No.13349650

>>13349637
>democracy is based on you standing by what you believe
No. Democracy is about voting on what you believe, and standing down if a majority disagrees with you.

>> No.13349658

>>13349650
>and standing down if a majority disagrees with you.

But what if what the majority says is wrong? I'd post that 'No, you move' page but I don't have it.

>> No.13349665

>> No.13349668

>>13349658
it's democracy, meaning that the majority is right by definition

>> No.13349675

>>13349658
and I'd post the edit where the "no you move" is talking about niggers and queers getting to vote.
But I don't have it.

>> No.13349676

>>13349626

Yeah, pretty much. Marvel kind of went off the deep end with the Civil War and that short retort of a comic to all the negative things people had to say about Tony didn't really capture the heart of the problem.

He was really just trying to do spin control, but he didn't have the ability to do anything better than what he did. Personally, I don't hate the character so much as I hate that the whole thing was handled extremely awkwardly. The fact that Stark tried to make things better and prevent supers from being hunted in the streets by civilians, putting themselves in more danger than ever before, makes him worlds better than he otherwise would have been.

But I digress.

>> No.13349679

>>13349658
No. Just because everyone votes for X, you still retain the right to call him out on being a dickhead. You don't magically shut the fuck up just because the majority decides they don't agree with you. That would be just a dictatorship of majority, and not true democracy.

>> No.13349686

>>13349658
The majority of humanity believes in god/gods. This is obviously retarded, but if started blowing up temples and churches I would be branded a terrorist and not a public servant.

>> No.13349696

>>13349658
>>But what if what the majority says is wrong?
Well, then you STAND DOWN IF THE MAJORITY DISAGREES WITH YOU. Otherwise it's not democracy.

Democracy isn't a magical force of justice. It's simply an utterly abominable and ineffective system in a world full of a myriad systems that are even shittier, more abominable and less effective.

And justice is always subjective, never objective. EVER.

>> No.13349700

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

>> No.13349703

>> No.13349707

>>13349686
>but if started blowing up temples and churches
Doing it wrong. The rest of your post is invalid.

>> No.13349710

Did someone call for some motherfucking heroes?

>> No.13349716

How about a couple lost androids deciding to take on a near physical god to save the lives of people they hardly even know?

>> No.13349734

>>13349707
So I missed a letter. It's new years eve, not being drunk enough to do typos is doing it wrong.

>> No.13349735

>>13349716
Aagh forgot to take that off.

>> No.13349736

Ain't we just?

>> No.13349738

>>13349676
The whole thing was just so... Saturday Morning Villain. I wish I had the images from /co/ that express it better, but pretty much EVERYTHING Stark did broke was either illegal, unconstitutional or both. That shit storm that was 'Hey, let's illegally clone a god and make him a cyborg!' is just the tip of the iceberg.

I mean for fuck sake, they called themselves CAPE KILLERS. What the fuck.

>> No.13349744

>>13349696
I bet I can give an objective example of injustice though.

Example: Judging people based on a total non-factor, like the level of melanin in their skin.

>> No.13349778

Big Goddamn Heroes gotta have FLOURISH.

>> No.13349802

>>13349744
Well racism is bad according to modern morality, but morality isn't set in stone. During the course of human history, what is considered moral has shifted a lot. It's also very different in different cultures.

>> No.13349806

Here's an objective example of justice.

>> No.13349812

>>13347418

That is... actually eerily appropiate to the actual games. Never thought of it like that, but...

>> No.13349817

>>13349686

>> No.13349819

>>13349744
Nope.

At that time, in that place, for those people, etc, it was just.

Hows this for justice: in one place justice demands that you kill absolutely no one even if they are killing you and/or your family and loved ones, and in another place justice demands that rape victims be punished for adultery.

>> No.13349827

>>13349802
>Morals are relative because of these examples of ignorant cultures

>> No.13349832

ITT: EVERTHIN' IS SUBJETTIV

>> No.13349847

>>13347404

Science, bitches.

>> No.13349852

>>13349819
So you're saying that it's not unjust for someone to be punished for something that makes no actual difference?

>> No.13349856

>Post a single image that in your mind represents in full the term BIG GODDAMN Villains

>> No.13349860

>>13349847
That's a different kind of hero, just as awesome but less violent.

>> No.13349876

>>13349812
Commander Shepherd is the kind of guy who needs an orchestra following him everywhere, playing epic music.

>> No.13349877

Here's your big goddamn hero

>> No.13349878

At the end of the day, though he's been ferried through Space Hell on a ship that's four thousand years old to his destination, though he deployed from high orbit with a grav chute, though he is one of ten million men raised from his homeworld to fight a war he barely understands, though he has been given a weapon that fires miniature suns and might annihilate him when he fires it because no-one knows how it works anymore, though his company is supported by tractor-tanks that run on anything you can burn, though he wages war against a devouring hivemind, space demons or a group of space communists...

...a Guardsman is a man, just like you, though he grew up in another culture. He has no millennia-old genetic engineering, no prophetic leader, no miracles of faith. He has his lasgun, his orders, and his fellow soldiers.

And he will hold the line.

>> No.13349882

>>13349847

big hero. A billion extra niggers who continue to breed, creating a new hunger crisis.

>> No.13349888

>>13349806
We got a winner ladies and gentlemen, thread is over.

>> No.13349902

>>13349852
No, I'm saying that justice is subjective because any dumb motherfucker can come up with their own version of "justice".

>> No.13349916

>>13347404

>> No.13349936

>>13349916
My...My god...

>> No.13349964

>>13349916
That is a big guddam hero!

>> No.13349984

>> No.13349992

Like a god damn boss hero!

>> No.13350004

>> No.13350036

>>13349984
>heavies eyes then turn blood red and the grin to a scowl as he squeezes and crushes everyone else in his massive meaty arms.

>> No.13350037

>>13349984
>Bunch of amoral psychopaths

>> No.13350057

>>13349696
haha no

Democracy doesnt mean the majority is right

Demo means the people and cratos means power. Theres no right or wrong in there.

It means the majority has power (supposedly although real power often ends up in the hands of a few rich men).

If standing down in front of power is your style then do what the majority says
If not do what you want but remember the majority has the legal power needed to fuck your shit.

>> No.13350060

>> No.13350072

>>13347615

What would happen when Kamina and Guy meet?

>> No.13350073

>>13347995
>>13347962
>>13348237
>>13348038
>>13348244
Ace Combat 4 has to be one of my favorite games of my childhood. It was so perfect...

>> No.13350089

>>13350072

Guy would turn into a furry jobber.

>> No.13350098

>> No.13350108

I don't know how many times I've looked at this picture and wished I could have this moment just once in a game.

>> No.13350147

>> No.13350171

>> No.13350276

>>13348231
Source on this? It's awesome.

>> No.13350290

>>13350057
They have the power so they are "right" by the only standard: power.

See, in democracy, when the majority are "right", no matter how retarded their votes are. If you say "no" to a majority decision because "they're doodooheads and obviously wrong", then you're not following democracy. It's not a game where the rules change just because you didn't get your way.

But if you do ditch democracy for your "justice", they still have their "justice" and your "justice" doesn't get any more "right" just because you think it does.
Only if you beat the shit out of them can you decide what's "just" and "right", but then you're not playing Democracy anymore.

And there's still no objective "justice" or "right/wrong". It's just like "fair", a word without any goddamn substance.

Thinking about it, most heroes are really no champions of justice at all. If they/you didn't have the infallible metaknowledge of who's "evil", they'd probably harm more innocents with their actions than the "bad guy".
Also, the concept of an "innocent civilian" is a fucking joke. If you nuke a city, you'll tag a lot of abusive parents/spouses, adulterers, thieves, potential and likely future murderers, rapists and other criminals. Innocent baby? Sure, he/she hasn't done anything yet, but there's a shitload of ways he/she can end up "bad". Most people have most likely done something sometime in their lives that in fiction would justify violence against them without any evidence.

It's one big fucking cosmic joke, I tell you.

>> No.13350303

>>13350276
Valve made a short comic for The Sacrifice campaign.

>> No.13350498

>>13350171
Pretentous. Hipster. Garbage.

I'm not trolling.

>> No.13350500

>>13350290

As much as I'd like to fire up some kind of FRIEND OF JUSTICE flavored response to this, I think maybe you're either play-acting or possibly a little too jaded to the concept of Good Guy Doing Good Things to really give half a shit about anything an anonymous person on the Internet has to say about that kind of world-view.

So here's a picture that made me giggle like a bitch when I found it a few weeks ago at six in the morning.

Happy New Year!

>> No.13350538

>>13350498
>stop liking what I don't like

>> No.13350548

Nothing more welcome....

>> No.13350595

>>13350500
Dude, "good" guys can do "good" things, but only if it's "good" because it makes sense, is practical and actually fucking works. If they do "good" things just because it's "good", their reasons are as "good" as any islamist nutjob.
"Justice" and "good/bad-right/wrong" are no different from any skywizard cult's divine prophecies unless backed up by REALITY.

>> No.13350682

>>13350595
>Quotes quotes quotes
>If you do good things because they get good results, it's good
>If you do good things because you think it's the right thing to do, it isn't good
>One is good because of the outcome, regardless of motivation
>The other is bad because of intentions, regardless of outcome

>> No.13350825

>>13350498
You're just mad because I like things you don't get

>I am trolling

>> No.13350867

Guess who. :3

>> No.13350869

you want a big damn hero, have the God of Big Goddamn Heroes

>> No.13350879

>>13350498
Looks like someone is on vacation from /co/!

>> No.13351251

>>13350171

Which fucking one is aquarius?

>> No.13351503

steve was always my hero

>> No.13351568

>>13347672
hi, different poster from the other guy who asked, but i noticed that its a different character on that pic. is it from the same comic? (kamen rider spirits) or is it from another series? if so can i have source please?

>> No.13351576

3 years.. fuuking prawn..

>> No.13351599

>>13351576

Anyone seen the Battle for LA trailer? Eh? Ehh?

>> No.13351783

The only good thing Matthew McConaughey ever did was get eaten by a dragon.

>> No.13352031

>> No.13352061

>>13350500

Lost it at BURSL PROTS

>> No.13352166

>> No.13352266

>> No.13352290

TO DREAM, THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

>> No.13352293

>> No.13352310

>> No.13352330

>> No.13352378

>> No.13352419

I'll do better than just a pic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBbwtY6ROo&feature=related

Also doubles as a Humanity Fuck Yeah! moment.

>> No.13352476

>> No.13352549

No more, no less.

>> No.13352675

Goddamn moralfags. Get the fuck off my board.

>> No.13353098

>>13352675

>> No.13353135

>>13350171
Gamzee > Nepeta > Everyone elso > Vriska

>> No.13353144

Moralfag thread detected

Commencing purge

>> No.13353161

>> No.13353164

>>13353144
>>13352675
Define 'moralfag'

You people always throw that word around like it's going out of style, but you never DEFINE it. What's a moralfag?

>> No.13353165

>> No.13353181

>>13353164
A heretic too concerned with flimsy notions of 'justice' and altruism to properly serve the Emperor.

>> No.13353195

>> No.13353196

>> No.13353203

>> No.13353211

>> No.13353223

>> No.13353229

>> No.13353231

>> No.13353233

>> No.13353235

>>13347404
If just for one day.

>> No.13353246

>> No.13353259

>> No.13353275

Purge complete

Moralfag threat eliminated

IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME

>> No.13353285

>> No.13353286

>>13353275
For the Emperor, brother.

>> No.13353469

so far and nobody posted the goddamn HERO OF THE IMPERIUM ?

>> No.13353470

>>13353286
>>13353275

If you are not an ally of justice...
Than you are mankind's enemy.

>> No.13353483

>>13353469
40K has no heroes or moralfags

To say otherwise ruins the whole setting

>> No.13353550

>>13353483
to take 40k so serious to start arguing about morality ruins the whole setting

Lighten up and here is another 40k hero

>> No.13353631

>> No.13353640

>>13353483
The Emperor

>> No.13353678

>Post a single image that in your mind represents in full the term BIG GODDAMN HERO(ES).

>> No.13353854

>> No.13353895

>>13353483
>moralfags
Stop that.

>> No.13354712

>> No.13354999

Trying to download that pic from Ultimate FF ... 32, I think it was? Doom facing down the horde of super-powered zombies.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action