Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.13208773 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What are the power levels/rankings for all the factions of Warhammer 40k?

I think it goes something like this:

Necrons
Tyranids
Imperium
Orkz
Chaos
Dark Eldar
Eldar
Squatz
Tau

>> No.13208824

>>13208773
switch chaos and orks

>> No.13208857

>tau
>not first

>> No.13208858

Necrons are only powerful because of author fiat. On the table they're absolute shit.

>> No.13208916

>>13208858
really?

>> No.13208951

>>13208858
I believe that the OP is not interested in the crunch of it but the fluff, I would also add that Necrons aint good at the moment because of an outadated codex.

>> No.13208954

>Ultramarines
>Everything else

>> No.13208960

>>13208954
fuck you

>> No.13208961

It really depends on what you define "power" as. I'd bump Eldar up one and throw Dark Eldar to the bottom, though. Dark Eldar are terrifying as fuck in person, but are the least important species on a galactic scale, both in population and reach. Eldar, on the other hand, can do things like hurl a Hive Fleet into a Hive World so that a Guardian won't trip over a rock a thousand years down the line.

>> No.13208972

This list is pretty accurate.
>>13208824
is right tho, I think chaos is a little more threatening.
And Tau dont even belong on the list, the universe will cool and die before their ships even make it to Terra.

>> No.13208977

rolled 8 = 8

Some small changes...

> Neconrs - Nids
> Chaos
> Imperium - Orkz

That's how I think it works out.

>> No.13209012

>>13208977
>>13208972
like it or not, the Tau are only going to get stronger

The Eldar were the best once, but now they're on their way out.

Humans are the best, but will eventually be on their way out.

Tau aren't the best. but they're getting there.

>> No.13209029

>>13208977
Bull Shit, tyranids piss themselves and make detours that take thousands of years just to avoid a tombworld.

>> No.13209034

rolled 1 = 1

>>13209012
Eldar were never the best.

Humans are not the best, and never have been.

Tau are not the best, never have been, and never will be.
Deal with it.

>> No.13209042

The crunch is more interesting than the fluff.

If you assume that the fluff is full of exaggeration and propeganda, then the universe is full of closely matched forces, none of whom can take eachother lightly. Chaos marines have to play their hand carefully against an IG panzer division, the tau are a force to be reckoned with after diplomacy fails, and dark eldar raiders may hunt tyranids for sport.

If you take the fluff as the gods' honest truth, then it's just spacemarines skullfucking the whole universe.

>> No.13209048

>>13209029
> tyranids piss themselves and make detours that take thousands of years just to avoid a tombworld
Prove it?

Even so,
> Necrons = limited to this galaxy
> Tyranids = not
I'd say that gives them AT LEAST a tie with the ol' Necros.

>> No.13209059

>>13209012
My comment is quite literal anon, their warp drives are shit and they dont have psykers.

>> No.13209067

>>13209034
>>13209012

>> No.13209068

>>13208961

>Dark Eldar are terrifying as fuck in person, but are the least important species on a galactic scale, both in population and reach.

Full Fucking Retard, you obviously haven't read their new Codex, this guys are vastly more numerous than the craftworldes and much stronger, not to mention that their reach is infinite considering they can attack pretty much anywhere at anytime.

I mean fuck this guys PLAY with Tyranids, they lure them to random worlds just so they can go down and hunt them.

>> No.13209075

>>13209048
>Tyranids avoiding tombworlds
>Prove it?
WHAT, SERIOUSLY? YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING. DO YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NECRONS AND TYRANIDS?

>> No.13209081

>the Tau are only going to get stronger

Right, they can't use the Warp, or have the C'tan to give them impossible god technology, they will never get anywhere.

>> No.13209088

>>13209068
> I mean fuck this guys PLAY with Tyranids, they lure them to random worlds just so they can go down and hunt them.
> Implying luring a monster invasion down on a planet, hunting the monsters that arrive, then fleeing like a bitch before more show up is somehow difficult/badass
> ... Okay, its pretty badass, but its not like its HARD to do that - most others dont do it because its kind of a massive dick-move

>> No.13209091

>>13209048

> tyranids piss themselves and make detours that take thousands of years just to avoid a tombworld
>Prove it?

Fucking retard, go read this thread:

>>13206210

>> No.13209092

>>13209048
It says in in their own fucking codex, plus crons have inertialess drives a trip to the candy store or the edge of the universe take about the same time.

>> No.13209095

>>13209048

They are not limited to this galaxy. Just simpli don't give a fuck. They are sleeping and things. Btw they have that funny thing, you now, the ships that faster than everything

>> No.13209100

>>13209048
Necrons can go anywhere. They just really like human life force.

>> No.13209124

>>13208773
In terms of power:

Dark Eldar
Imperium
Chaos
Tyranids
Orks
Eldar
Misc Xenos, Tau included.

About Dark Eldar: sure, they don't own any empires or anything, but that's simply because they can't be assed. They prefer to chill in their invincible physics-breaking city, heading into the galaxy only to troll the fuck out of everyone. They're the Therians of 40k.

>> No.13209131

>>13209095
You're missing the big picture.

> X Number of Necrons, all of which are in Galaxy A
> Unknown number of Tyranids, in Unknown number of Galaxys

For all you know, theres entire galaxies that are JUST Nids out there - and the Necron's tech isnt going to let them beat that (flee it, maybe, but not defeat it).
Of course, Nids may just be the remnants of a force thats dying out.

Simple fact is, we dont know.
We DO know about the Necrons though, and given what IS known I would give them top tier.
Because of the unknown variables with Nids though, I'd give them a tie.

>> No.13209137

>>13209088

Wut? They don't run, they land, some of them go find Hvie Tyrants and Carnifexes and other great beasts to kill them and prove their battle prowess by taking their Skulls, Witches and Haemonculi just go around playing with them so that they can use them in their labs/arenas, and when they get bored they just kill them all with their stupid super weapons.

Picture related, Dark Eldar technology.

>> No.13209148

>>13209088
>hunting the monsters that arrive, then fleeing like a bitch before more show up is somehow difficult/badass

No, they lured a full-scale Tyranid planetary invasion in, and beat the shit out of it, mostly with wracks and grotesques, many of which had been voluntarily given to them by unwitting Tau. Not that the Homunculi weren't significant either. Hexrifles apparently rape anything living, turning entire carnifices into glass and shit.

Dark Eldar take dickery to a whole new level.

>> No.13209155

>>13209075
Don't get me wrong - I know full-well they dont attack Tomb Worlds.
But thats because they have no real reason to.

The bit I'm saying 'Prove it' to is
> make detours that take thousands of years just to avoid a tombworld
> detours that take thousands of years
> just to avoid a tomb world
Citation needed please.

>> No.13209174

>>13209131

Erhm... You do know that the C'tan are all over the universe since they live on stars and that we still haven't seen a single necron war machine? Only farmers.

Seriously, read that thread another Anon linked, you don't know shit about Necrons, in a full scale war the Necrons would tear the shit out of the Tyranids.

>> No.13209184

>>13209155
It was a dyson sphere they avoided, and it contained the Outsider, an insanely powerful C'tan - so powerful it made the rest of the C'tan at full strength seem like mortals. It was just straight-up devouring them 24/7.

Of course they'd avoid the most powerful being in the universe. They don't take detours to avoid normal tomb worlds.

>> No.13209190

>>13209155

>They don't attack tomb worlds

"dur hur i'm going to act as if Hivefleet Gorgon had never been raped by Necrons because i wank to Tyranid porn derp derp derp"

>> No.13209197

>>13209131
right and three necrons pylons can and have destroyed entire tendrils of hivefleets.( 6 of the mother fuckers on a standard tombship btw) Plus you cant regain any biomass when fighting crons idc how big your fucking fleet is when you fight shit designed to fuck organics (ie Tyranids).

>> No.13209209

>>13209184

Uhm, yes and no. The Void Dragon was the strongest C'tan, the Nightbrigner and the Outsider were the ones going around eating other C'tans, the Deceiver fucked over the Nightbringer, Cegorach fucked the Outsider.

I don't remember anywhere saying that the Outsider was the strongest of them, all i know is that he went insane and was going to kill all the Eldar.

>> No.13209220

>>13209124
Except the Therians can do anything at all.
Therians are Necrons with DE mentality and no real enemy that can match them but entropy.
Their empire spans MULTIPLE GALAXIES.

>> No.13209243

I really, really don't understand.

You all play the same game, right? You buy models from the same company. It's presumably in your best interest if other people buy the models and the company does well.

Why on earth do you loathe the other people who play your game?

>> No.13209251

>>13209220
DE can do pretty much anything they want; they have goddamn Eldar Empire tech.

Thing is they only really care about trolling the mortal races. And the Tyranids have stripped all the nearby galaxies bare... so this is the only interesting one left.

>> No.13209256

>>13209190
> "dur hur i'm going to act as if Hivefleet Gorgon had never been raped by Necrons because i wank to Tyranid porn derp derp derp"
I'd link the actual fluff, but the image is already on another thread.

Battle you're referring to?
> Small chunk (dozens out of thousands) of Gorgon moves on Tau settlement
> Necron fleet ambushes them from the planet's moon
> Outnumbered Nid fleet is destroyed

>> No.13209265

>>13209184
that was reconned in the 5th tyranid codex, it was just a system of tombworlds. Crons are just that bad ass

>> No.13209273

>>13209251
No, they cannot.
They couldn't travel to any other galaxy because the Webway spans only this one.
They could not beat the Necrons, either.
Therians are basically intelligent Necrons.

>> No.13209297

>>13209273

Did... Did you just imply that Necrons are not smart? What the fuck man?

>> No.13209307

>>13209174
> Erhm... You do know that the C'tan are all over the universe since they live on stars and that we still haven't seen a single necron war machine? Only farmers.
I would argue that its entirely possible the same could be said of the Tyranids.
We. Just. Dont. Know.
And that uncertainty factor, given the SCALE of it, is quite a serious consideration.

> Seriously, read that thread another Anon linked, you don't know shit about Necrons, in a full scale war the Necrons would tear the shit out of the Tyranids.
I know SOME of the fluff, but I'm by no means an expert or anything.
I do know that there Necrons - as their single group/race/faction - only exist in this galaxy (to my knowledge).
C'Tan are all over, but there's no telling what they've been up to elsewhere - hell, maybe the Nids are a C'Tan creation, moving in the biological direction rather than the mechanical, which has already conquered the space surrounding the Necron's native galaxy.

>> No.13209317

>>13209256

Not the same guy you're arguing with, but you do know that Tyranid fleets are ass and that Necron fleets are the best in the galaxy right? outnumbered or not a Necron fleet would rape any Tyranid fleet, no matter the size, and even if the Tyranids did win a battle the necrons just phase back, get repaired and return.

>> No.13209319

>>13209297
Is a Therian Warrior intelligent?
Is it a genius? Because the common Therian Warrior is.
Fuck, they made every single faction in the game for kicks. Avans are basically evolved chimps.

>> No.13209326

>>13209319
Erm, is a NECRON Warrior intelligent, that is.

>> No.13209339

>>13209209
Yeah the fluff says void dragon has the most power over the physical universe, Nightbringer is the most blood thirsty, Deciever likes to mind fuck people, and outsider is just batshit. idk what the outsider would do when he wakes up, the other c'tan dont either.

>> No.13209341

i would switch tau with squatz, mainly cause they are dead, there might be one or two worlds out there that haven't been nommed by the nids yet

>> No.13209343

>>13209317
> Not the same guy you're arguing with, but you do know that Tyranid fleets are ass and that Necron fleets are the best in the galaxy right?
Oh?

> outnumbered or not a Necron fleet would rape any Tyranid fleet, no matter the size, and even if the Tyranids did win a battle the necrons just phase back, get repaired and return.
Please, cite something that proves your point.
Seriously man, I'm not trying to be a dick - I dont know much, and its always nice to hear the take of established fans.
Also, on the note of what you said, how long does it take for Necron repairs to take place?
Like, is it 'Damaged, phase out, return" in a few minutes/hours/days?

>> No.13209356

>>13209317
plus nids cant get any biomass and any lost fighting is gone forever thanks to gauss weapons.

>> No.13209384

>>13209326

Uhm, not really. It depends but i doubt they'd be genius anyway, Lords on the other hand probably are, but i'd rather not get into a pissing argument when i don't even know what a Therian is.

>> No.13209396

>>13209343
I can be minutes depending on how close the tombworld is, but they have been turned to molten liquid and just formed up again in field, damage is drastic if they need to phase. Only weapons good at fighting them, ironically, is their own cause it breaks matter down its quarks (subatomic).

>> No.13209397

>>13209356
Dont get me wrong - I can totally see where you're coming from.
This is the way I look at it though...
> Necrons = Threat to biomass recovery on the wide scale
> Tyranid Pan-Galactic Super Fleet size? Unknown. Location? Unknown. Existence even? Unknown.
> Given a long time scale, Necrons are a threat to the Nid's primary directive - acquire biomass
> Nids sacrifice huge numbers to remove this threat
> Continue with feeding/expansion
> Alternatively: Necrons see Tyranids as a pest/threat
> Attempt to assault/eliminate Nids
> Hornet's nest is stirred, shit-hits-fan
> Result? I really hesitate to say the Necrons could eliminate an unknown - perhaps beyond vast in scale - number of Tyranid hive fleets

>> No.13209402

>>13209339

Well the Eldar say that if the Outsider wakes up the first thing he would do is go around the galaxy skullfucking every possible eldar he can find.

>> No.13209412

The ctan are running like bitches. The gods of chaos scare them shitless.

>> No.13209423

>>13209396
> Implying Tyranids would be - or rather, ARE - unable to eventually evolve a way to deal with Necrons
> The Tyranid forces are constantly changing and evolving at an unnatural speed. It is unlikely that all types of Tyranids have been seen by the Imperium, and still less likely that they will ever all be seen.

Yeaaahhhhh.... Given the possibility of vast numbers, high intelligence and unlimited evolutionary ability, I'd say the Tyranids have every bit of a shot against the Necrons.

That they choose not to engage them says nothing of a lack of ability - but rather, a lack of motive.

>> No.13209426

>>13209343

>Seriously man, I'm not trying to be a dick - I dont know much, and its always nice to hear the take of established fans.

Necron codex, on one of the last pages some magos says that the Necrons have the best fleet ever and describes all their systems carefully.

As for their repairs, i'd guess it would depend on how fucked they are.

>> No.13209433

>>13209397
Necrons already kick the asses of Tyranids.
They are using harvesting tools.

>> No.13209442

>>13209433
> Necrons already kick the asses of Tyranids.
> They are using harvesting tools.

So are the Nids.

>> No.13209443

OP I'd say this is a pretty good estimate of where each race stands and why:

1. Dark Eldar - they have pre-fall Eldar empire tech and their idea of a practical joke is to put an unstable black hole in your soup. Nuff said.
2. Tyranids - They're up here because of their extra-galactic nature. If they were localized xenos I'd put them at about Tau level but their sheer unmeasurable numbers are pretty ridiculous. They're practically gripping our galaxy like a dog gnaws a bone.
3. Necrons/Craftworld Eldar - Ancient enemies both with some crazy reality bending technology. They seem pretty evenly matched. Necrons are on the rise, Eldar are slowly dying off. They're still about even give or take though.
4. Orks - sure they're not united but they're everywhere. Also like the tyranids they're extragalactic. I'd put them up with the bugs but they're not united under a hive mind so they stay down here.
5. Imperium/Chaos - More ancient enemies. The Imperium is laberinthine, stagnate and beurocratic, chaos is currently kind of defined by humanity. They both feed off each other and have similar resources.
6. Tau - piddly xenos nobodies. In 1,000 years they could rule the galaxy and I'll be first to admit that but right now they don't and right now any of the real powers that be could step on them if they made an effort.

>> No.13209457

>>13209397
their tech is so god tier in BFG their ships have weapons w/ aoe pulses of gauss energy that wipes out microscopic life within several parsecs. Im sorry numbers alone cant fight that.

>> No.13209463

>>13209423

The main advantage that the Tyranids have (particularly against the Orks) is that they can continuously bolster their own forces by devouring the dead and forming new biomass.

That same advantage is not applicable when fighting Necrons, beyond simply using their own corpses--which I assume the 'crons would be intelligent enough to burn.

>> No.13209464

>>13209339
The Outsider is a lovecraftian god, that is why he's the strongest.

Void Dragon is master of physical reality.

Outsider breaks reality apart. It's the Chaos of this reality.

>> No.13209468

>>13209443
>In 1,000 years they could rule the galaxy
NOPE

>> No.13209471

>>13209423
>>13209423


Ok you're definitively retarded, the fucking Tau outmatched the Tyranid's evolution capabilities and destroyed Hivefleet Gorgon or whatever and you're telling me that the Tyranids will somehow be able to cope with the Necrons? How, please explain how they will be able to stop Necron gauss weapons for working, or how they will evolve to combat the C'tan, or how they will evolve to tear apart entire worlds to destroy the Necron Tomb Worlds.

And ALL Tyranid have been seen by the Imperium and this galaxy, if more keep popping up it's precisely because of their victims in this galaxy, it's not like the Tyranids are derping and keeping weapons secret, why would they do that? Element of surprise? TYRANIDS DON'T WORK LIKE THAT.

>> No.13209484

>>13209442

Just stop it, either you're a terrible troll or you're fucking retarded, the Tyranids are not using Harvesting tools, fucking Titans are not harvesting tools, i mean for fucks sake several tyranids say in their description that they're killing machines, in fact the only harvesting tool i can think off from them are rippers.

>> No.13209490

>>13209468

It'll take the tau between 800 and 2000 years to invent time travel. Then they'll just paradox their enemies out of existence.

>> No.13209503

>3. Necrons/Craftworld Eldar - Ancient enemies both with some crazy reality bending technology. They seem pretty evenly matched. Necrons are on the rise, Eldar are slowly dying off. They're still about even give or take though.

>Necrons
>Eldar

>Evenly matched

waaaaaaaaaaat

>> No.13209504

>>13209484
They are their own harvasters

>> No.13209505

> The C'tan are enormous energy beings who were given physical embodiments by the Necrontyr. They encased the C'tan inside vast lumps of their living metal
> living metal
> living

So... Living metal... But its not biological?
Weird.

Seriously though, how awesome would it be if the Nids figured out how to absorb/process necrometal...
> Necronids
> mfw

>> No.13209508

>>13209443
>In 1,000 years they could rule the galaxy

Not really. A thousand years isn't a lot of time in 40k, Tau wouldn't have developed much more than they have now. Maybe their "empire" would expand a bit, but that's all.

>> No.13209510

>>13209490

>It'll take the tau between 800 and 2000 years
>implying the Black Templars won't start another crusade in the meantime solely for the purpose of exterminating the blue lices

>> No.13209521

>>13209442
He means the crons lured them here to gather lifeforce into a nice bug feast for the c'tan. "why thankyou for doing our work for us now watch as our pylons strip away everylast bit of lifeforce that you were so kind enough to harvest for us." * a few nanoseconds as their deus ex machina weapons warm up... then dead galaxy, fat c'tan, ???, profit*

>> No.13209523

People don't know shit about craftworld Eldar.

>>13209124
There are at least a trillion Eldar per craftworld. People dont' know SHIT about Eldar.

Necrons
Tyranids
Eldar/Dark Eldar
Imperium
Chaos
Orks
and the rest

>> No.13209524

Guys wait, if we all think about it, wouldn't maybe the 'Nids and Necrons just join forces? like they are useless to fight against each other, because they can't really harvest each other.

>> No.13209529

>>13209484
> killing machines
> Tyranid goal: Harvest biomass
You seem to be missing the point here.

>> No.13209535

>>13209463

>That same advantage is not applicable when fighting Necrons, beyond simply using their own corpses--which I assume the 'crons would be intelligent enough to burn.

They don't need to burn them, say they shoot a gaunt and that gaunt dies, now that hole it left, that biomass is lost, can't make a full gaunt from there anymore.

Tyranids lose biomass against the Necrons no mater what.

>> No.13209543

>>13209523
Yeah, but they get their asses handed to them constantly so as much as I love Craftworld Eldar (they are my favourite 40k faction) I have to put them below all the major players.

Obviously 2e Eldar are at the top of the list, because that was fucking 2e when Eldar were the poster guys for 40k.

>> No.13209545

>>13209508

Wrong. A thousand years isn't much time at all for anyone in the galexy BUT the tau. The tau are actually progressing technologically. Their empire is fuelled by science, reason, and industry. There's no saying what they could be capable of in a few centuries.

>> No.13209550

>>13209505

C'tan are not covered in living metal, they're covered in Necrodermis, not the same thing.

And of course it's not biological, why does everyone forget that the C'tan are the masters of reality, at full power they could just blink and turn the entire Tyranid race into fucking chairs.

>> No.13209562

Why again are we comparing the 'Nids dicks to the Necrons dicks?
It makes us all look foolish and stupid.

>> No.13209569

>>13209523

And a tendril of Kraken almost destroyed one, the Invaders destroyed another.

>> No.13209572

>>13209550

The gods of chaos are the masters of Reality. Compared to them, the surviving Ctan hardly deserve to be called gods at all.

>> No.13209573

>>13209543

Good old Eldar days back then.

Oh how they've turned from badasses to the whipping boys of every other faction ever.

>> No.13209585

>>13209545

Their empire also keeps being skullfucked by Orks, Hivefleets, Necrons and Dark Eldar.

>> No.13209586

>>13209550

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the C'Tan actually the first beings ever to exist in the universe, even before the Old Ones? Furthermore, didn't they once feed off stars?

>> No.13209589

>>13209535
Crons are inorganic, no biomass to harvest, no possible gain for nids as they lose literally tetratons upon tetratons of biomass each second in conflict. They have nothing to gain from fighting crons, but they remain large clusters of tasty lifeforce for the c'tan. GG

>> No.13209593

>>13209545
Too bad if any of the bigger kids decided that the blue faggots were in need of extermination, it would happen.

As it is now, they survive through obscurity and luck.

>> No.13209599

>>13209572

Full retard, the Chaos Gods are the master of the Imaterium, not the Materium. Get your shit straight.

>> No.13209611

>>13209586

You're right on all accounts.

>> No.13209627

> Ok you're definitively retarded, the fucking Tau outmatched the Tyranid's evolution capabilities and destroyed Hivefleet Gorgon or whatever and you're telling me that the Tyranids will somehow be able to cope with the Necrons?
Uh, yeaaaahhh...
Tau lost several worlds. Imperium was involved.
Also, that battle was retarded - you had Imperial Guard allying with the fucking Tau.
BULLSHIT.

> How, please explain how they will be able to stop Necron gauss weapons for working, or how they will evolve to combat the C'tan, or how they will evolve to tear apart entire worlds to destroy the Necron Tomb Worlds.
First off, they may well be servants of other C'tan, so that bit is irrelevant.
Second, how will they evolve to tear apart entire worlds? Do you know ANYTHING about evolution, or how it applies to Nids? They are custom built when required, and I have little doubt that nature is AT LEAST as capable of tech at making shit that destroys things. AT LEAST.

> And ALL Tyranid have been seen by the Imperium and this galaxy, if more keep popping up it's precisely because of their victims in this galaxy, it's not like the Tyranids are derping and keeping weapons secret, why would they do that? Element of surprise? TYRANIDS DON'T WORK LIKE THAT.
.....
> The Tyranid forces are constantly changing and evolving at an unnatural speed. It is unlikely that all types of Tyranids have been seen by the Imperium, and still less likely that they will ever all be seen.
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tyranid
> The Swarmlord is a unique Hive Tyrant created to out-think the enemy when standard Tyranid strategies fail.

No offense, but I trust a site run/edited by a variety of people to a single troll.
Prove me wrong though, by all means.

>> No.13209643

>>13209545
Except they can't use the Warp and don't have a few thousand million years to perfect their technology.

>> No.13209644

>>13209545
The Dark Eldar JUST discovered the Tau and already started screwing them over.

Wait until more Haemonculi find them.

They'll never develop good enough tech to seriously threaten the Dark Eldar, and the Dark Eldar will keep on trolling them until either...

A. Tau become evil and cruel enough that they're just as bad as the Dark Eldar and start preying on them in turn.
B. The Tau get wiped out by Tyranids.

>> No.13209651

actuallu C'tan are masters of reality and the chaos gods are masters of the warp. Only difference is they rule over the materium or immaterium respectively. Plus Chaos gods were created from emotions of creatures in the materium while C'tan have been around since the stars were born and were not created but have always been (ie true gods). C'tan hate the warp and want it shut the chaos gods love the materium and want in (because they are still dependent of the people here to exist).

>> No.13209671

>>13209651
> C'tan hate the warp and want it shut
> C'tan seek to harvest life energy or... something
> Create Tyranids
> Fuck the Warp
> Sack most of the Universe

>> No.13209701

It takes longer time for tyranids to invade a planet, eat everything and grow bigger to invade a larger planet than it takes for nightbringer to kill both planets. nuff saidi

>> No.13209705

>>13209627

>Tau lost several worlds. Imperium was involved.
Also, that battle was retarded - you had Imperial Guard allying with the fucking Tau.
BULLSHIT.

Wrong, the IG and Tau only joined to defend one planet from the last remaining Tyranids, the Tau alone destroyed almost the entire Hivefleet, merely by out evolving them.

"Bullshit" you may not like it, but it's a fact, you're obviously a pissed of Tyranid fan.

>First off, they may well be servants of other C'tan, so that bit is irrelevant.

Funny, you keep asking for facts but then you just make shit up, fact of the matter is that Tyranids cannot deal and will never be able to deal with gauss Weapons and the C'tan as long as they're native to our dimension and are made of Atoms.

>Second, how will they evolve to tear apart entire worlds? Do you know ANYTHING about evolution, or how it applies to Nids? They are custom built when required, and I have little doubt that nature is AT LEAST as capable of tech at making shit that destroys things. AT LEAST.

Ok, so they're going to make giant tyranids to literally break worlds? and you think they will not be blasted to pieces by World Engines and Tombships like any other Tyranid ship?

>The Tyranid forces are constantly changing and evolving at an unnatural speed. It is unlikely that all types of Tyranids have been seen by the Imperium, and still less likely that they will ever all be seen.

Yes, emphasis on the least likely. Doesn't mean the imperium hasn't seen all Tyranids. Also

>The Swarmlord is a unique Hive Tyrant created to out-think the enemy when standard Tyranid strategies fail

I like how you ignore that part that says that the Swarmlord is as old as the Tyranid race, it's not something new. The only new things shown in this galaxy are the ones made in this galaxy.

>> No.13209706

>>13209643

You're still thinking on the imperium's timescale. 5000 years ago the tau had just figured out how to make fire.


Don’t blink, don’t even blink. Blink and you’re dead. They’re fast, faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t blink. Good luck.

>> No.13209707

>>13209671
the Nightbringer actually had a weapon to sever the materium and immaterium forever btw. But through eldar faggotry (EEELLLLDRRRRAAADDDD!!!!) it was cast into the warp where the c'tan couldnt reach it. Immagine how fucked the universe would be wiyhout warp travel.

>> No.13209711

What this thread fails to mention, is that Humanity will always be the premier (and Emperor willing) only race in this Galaxy. Why do you ask? The Imperial Guardsman and his Lasgun, that's why.

The Imperial Guardsman is the finest soldier that mankind can muster. Trained in all forms of armed and unarmed combat, armored in the best mass-produced armor EVER created, and armed with the most advanced rifle ever assembled, he is a fearsome foe on the battlefield. Accompanied by endless tanks, psychers and priests, spurned on to Glory by the erstwhile Commisariat, the Hammer of the Emperor can and will fell all foes.

FOR THE EMPEROR

>> No.13209728

>>13209706

I like how you keep ignoring that they don't have the C'tan or the Warp, tl;dr their technology will never match the Necrons or the Eldar, no matter for how many million years they live.

>> No.13209733

>>13209706
>my face when dark eldar would figure out a way to torture the weeping angels, to put fear into their species until the mere sight of a dark eldar warrior would send them fleeing in horror

>> No.13209735

>>13209707

Actually it was the Deceiver who threw his weapon into the Warp.

>> No.13209741

>>13209706
>5000 years ago the tau had just figured out how to make fire.

The Taus planet got enveloped in a warp storm for a while. Millions of years passed for them inside of it.

They went from "just discovered fire" levels of tech to their current level in about a decade, from the objective view outside the storm. That's awesome and interesting, but you can't count on it happening all the time. Tau tech is progressing at a higher rate than the Imperium, yes, but they aren't progressing THAT fast.

>> No.13209746

So let me throw this out...

Eldar/Dark Eldar : Trolls/Dicks
Humanity/Chaos : Hate eachother and everything
Tyranids: OM NOM NOM
Necrons: Same as Tyranids except with delicious soul juice
Tau: Order and reason in a batshit crazy universe who are only just realizing that the universe is batshit crazy
Orks: Fight everything, all the time

thoughts?

>> No.13209747

>>13209705
Sorry to but in on your guyses "argument" but whast he means by the swarm lord making thing. They use it as a last resort kinda thing

>> No.13209748

>>13209728
The Culture have neither C'tan or Warp, yet even without eGrid access would still stomp all over 40k.

>> No.13209763

>>13209029
No food.
Hurr.

>> No.13209772

>>13209746
I like you, you make sense

>> No.13209774

>>13209748

Yeah, thank god the Tau are nothing like the Culture.

>> No.13209797

>>13209774
Their drones might be.

I mean hey, the Culture started out as a bunch of pan-human empires that eventually worked out AI and gave them nice personalities.

Then the AIs took over, their tech went into singularity, and paradise for everyone.

>> No.13209811

>>13209711
And let's not forget the Emperor of Mankind and his Angels of Death, the Astartes

>> No.13209819

>>13209741

Source? Either produce explicit evidence of a temporal disturbance or that's a THEORY.

>> No.13209842

>>13209819
Their is no source because time passed linear.

The storm would have to SURROUND but not actually cover their part of reality, so no temporal disturbance.

If it did permeate their area of reality and not just surround it, then they would have been fucked up hardcore by Chaos.

>> No.13209899

>>13209523
Problem with craftworld eldar is their fluff doesn't match up to the fluff that is represented in other armies. Given what we know about craftworlds- it'd be neigh impossible to destroy any but the smallest of craftworlds.

With dozens of fleets with each individual craftworld, each a subsector to a sector strong- it'd be impossible, not factoring in their elusiveness, yet you have a single company of space marines able to take out some no-name craftworld.

>> No.13209904

>>13209842
I think he means where you found the bit of fluff

aka. cite your source

>> No.13209910

>>13209705
> Wrong, the IG and Tau only joined to defend one planet from the last remaining Tyranids, the Tau alone destroyed almost the entire Hivefleet, merely by out evolving them.
This is also the same race that fucking damn-near-erased one of the most heavily plot-armored Space Marine chapters, or have you forgotten the Battle for Macragge?
I cant help but think the whole 'we detonated the Warp Drives on a fucking Emperor-Class battleship' thing probably improved their odds.
Holding up the one instance of 'Oh look! The Tau beat a relatively-small Hive Fleet, with Imperial help!' is alittle silly. Especially when you consider that was the same fleet that got sneak-attacked by the Necrons mid-way through the battle, and that the final battle was hard won (even with the help of specially retrofitted Imperial fleet).

> Funny, you keep asking for facts but then you just make shit up, fact of the matter is that Tyranids cannot deal and will never be able to deal with gauss Weapons and the C'tan as long as they're native to our dimension and are made of Atoms.
Are Necrons immune to their own weapons?
> Nids evolve Gauss weapons
I mean, really, saying theres a limit to Tyranid evolution seems kinda silly given the extent its already gone to.

> Ok, so they're going to make giant tyranids to literally break worlds? and you think they will not be blasted to pieces by World Engines and Tombships like any other Tyranid ship?
Why giant? Why not just fucking Zoanthropes or something?
Why not microscopic Nano-Nids that disassemble the Nids at the sub-atomic level?
You arent really using your imagination here.

>> No.13209916

> Yes, emphasis on the least likely. Doesn't mean the imperium hasn't seen all Tyranids.
I'm not going to even touch on that - if you really believe the Imperium has encountered all types of Nids possible, then you're a fucking idiot.

> I like how you ignore that part that says that the Swarmlord is as old as the Tyranid race, it's not something new. The only new things shown in this galaxy are the ones made in this galaxy.
Thus, Imperium has not likely seen all Nids, as Nids extend beyond the galaxy and Imperium does not.
Thanks for proving my point.

> you're obviously a pissed of Tyranid fan.
Not a 'pissed of' Nid fan - I like the Necrons at least as much - but I think its funny when Necron fans go all 'NO! NECRON TECH IS INVINCIBLE! THEY CAN DEFEAT THE UNIVERSE!'.

>> No.13209921

>>13209853
I like it...

>> No.13209927

>>13209899
The only thing holding them back is they have all their pre-fall stuff boxed up in a warehouse somewhere. That and GW.

>> No.13209946

>>13209904
And my point is he'll never cite his claim because there IS NO SOURCE, he made that shit up because BAWW I HAET TAU.

>> No.13209962

Can someone tell me more about the Shadow in the Warp, or whatever the Nid Anit-Warp-dickery is called?

>> No.13209969

>>13209916

>Not a 'pissed of' Nid fan - I like the Necrons at least as much - but I think its funny when Necron fans go all 'NO! NECRON TECH IS INVINCIBLE! THEY CAN DEFEAT THE UNIVERSE!'.

Hehehe, it's funny because that's how their tech is described in their codex.

>> No.13209991

>>13209916
I don't even LIKE the Necrons, but they could rape the galaxy with ease.
>>13209946
The Tau were uplifted by the Eldar, you moron.

>> No.13209992

>>13208773

More like dis

Orkz
Orkz
Orkz
Orkz
Orkz
Weedy Grotz
Every'Un Else

>> No.13210000

>>13209962
Something about how the hive mind gives off a signature of psychicness, interfering with the other guys powers. Making some go insane because the power that they draw from the warp is too strong for them

>> No.13210004

>>13209991

>Necrons could destroy everyone
>Got beat by Eldar
>Afriad of the warp
>Nope

>> No.13210008

>>13209991
>The Tau were uplifted by the Eldar, you moron.
There is no reliable source for this.

Xenology is not a reliable source.

>> No.13210015

>>13210008
But why isn't it?

>> No.13210023

>>13209969
I know, right?

Necrons are fuckwin awesome, and they are definitely (at worst) tied for #1 power in the galaxy with someone else.

If it were plot advancement time, I'd have my bet on Nids or Necrons being the key focus, Orkz and Eldar likely being involved (probably as fucking allies of the Imperium...) to some degree.

40k man... Really, its all up in the air.

> mfw the Kroot Collective rules the galaxy in the year 47,060
> In the grimdark future, there is only the progeny of bird-things that fuck and eat you

>> No.13210034

>>13209741
>>13209991
>FUCK THE TAU LOLOLOL

>> No.13210042

>>13210015
COZ AN ARTIST FUCKED UP SO THE BOOK IS INVALID, STOOPID

>> No.13210054

>>13210034
You seem oddly insecure.

>> No.13210061

>>13210042
I see, your answer is perfectly worded and explained. I agree entirely to your opinion because of that post

>> No.13210081

What if Tau are just running around on their tippy-toes and the "hooves" are just boots?

What if?

>> No.13210083

>>13210054
Nah.
Just slightly annoyed that people cite shit that clearly isn't true.

>> No.13210086

>>13210061
And so you should.

>> No.13210088

>>13210061
THE COLLECTIVE SECONDS THIS REMARK.

>> No.13210097

I keep hearing shit like this:

If the orks unite, the galaxy is screwed.
If all the nids arrive, the galaxy is screwed.
If all necrons awake, the galaxy is screwed.
If Tau are given enough time to develop, the galaxy is screwed.
If the Dark Eldar wanted, the galaxy would screwed.

Thing is: all those things never happen. Humanity is still the major galactic power.

>> No.13210101

So basicly what power in the 40k universe comes down to is who can throw more bodies at the problem.

Based on this:
Necrons
Tyranids
Orkz
Chaos
Imperium
Craft World Eldar
Tau

With Dark Eldar somewhere around Orks or Chaos, simply due to the crazy advance science they have and the whole rapid clone birth warriors and that nothing can reach them unless they want it to.

>> No.13210102

>>13210086
>>13210088
I feel we all have learned something from that fine post.

>> No.13210106

>>13210083
>The Tau are a young race of technologically-oriented beings from the Eastern Fringe. T'au, the Tau home planet, was discovered in 789.M35 by the Adeptus Mechanicus ship Land's Vision. Adeptus Mechanicus records indicate that at that time the Tau species had mastered the use of simple tools and weapons, as well as fire. Before the planet could be cleansed and colonized by the Imperium however, a violent Warp storm erupted around the planet. This continued for 6,000 years, making the Tau's homeworld utterly inaccessible.
>6000 fucking years
HERP DERP DURRRRRRR

>> No.13210111

>>13210023

The Kroot decide to stop holding their race back.
They start developing their technology, take over the Tau Empire by Coup.
Kroot advance by taking all of the tech they've collected, from every race, and combining them together to create the most efficient tech in existence.
Kroot eat millions of Space Marines, Eldar and Orks to specialize their forces, creating a collective "Uber Force" that rivals Tyranids.
Kroot take over everything.
Necrons get fucked over by Kroot, enhanced by eating Eldar, who begin opening warp gates and throwing Necron Tomb Worlds into the Warp.

Chaos Gets fucked over by Kroot Gods whom are nos stronger than ever.

Tyranids are faced with a force which can adapt as quickly as they can WHILE developing powerful technology tom compensate.

Orks, Imperium, Eldar are all either "eaten" or absorbed into the fold of one intergalactic empire.

KROOT WIN

>> No.13210117

>>13210097
> 'If the Emperor woke up...'
> Pic related

>> No.13210124

>>13210097
Don't forget, if one of various things happen, Imperium rapes everything.

>> No.13210142

>>13210088
That fourth Kroot is a fucking boss. All Kroot are fucking awesome bros, but still.
Even humans use them, you know, at least on the fringes.

>> No.13210152

>>13210117

>> No.13210170

>>13210111
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

>> No.13210178

>>13210170

And yet it still made exactly as much sense as anything in the 40k Universe.

>> No.13210184

>>13210170
I thought I learned a bit from what the post said. I guess I didn't.

>> No.13210205

>>13210178

No It didn't, takes nothing into account about mass assimilation of Smurf DNA turning them into Herps and Derps, nor does it account at all for the dark horse, the Squats. Moreover, it would never work, as each Kroot army would only be 5 troop choices with the obligatory Fire Warrior and Robot leader.

>> No.13210229

>>13210106
Oh man, only 6000 years, from going to where we were over 6000 years ago from now to being able to cause imperial fleets hefty losses. That's not crazy good or anything.

>> No.13210243

>>13210205
THE COLLECTIVE IS DISPLEASED BY YOUR QUESTIONING OF THE SACRED HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS.

THEREFORE, YOU HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO FORCED RE-INTEGRATION.

PROCEED QUIETLY TO THE FEEDING CHAMBER, OR YOUR SENTENCE WILL BE EXECUTED IMMEDIATELY....

... ACTUALLY, OUR LUNCH IS RUNNING LATE. DO HIM ENDO!

>> No.13210245

>>13210229
Our society is not absolutely ruled by a group of men that have special mass suggestion pheromones.

>> No.13210246

>>13210229

Also ignores the Imperium being entirely willing to virus bomb their empire, if they know it's extents. Why they haven't done it already, I have no idea

>> No.13210262

>>13210246
Because most of their worlds were Imperial ones, are full of unwilling Imperial citizens, and are inhabitable?

>> No.13210270

>>13210246
They don't for a list of reasons.

1. They take annoyingly high losses when they try to invade the Tau.
2. Bigger fish to fry.
3. Bureaucracy.

>> No.13210282

>>13210111
I am fine with this

>> No.13210295

>>13210270

Not Invade, blow up from high orbit. Warp in, drop a fuck tonne of ordinece, the warp out going (b^.^d)

>> No.13210302

Also, now that I think about it more.

The Eldar know all this shit about Necrons yet they aren't really doing anything about them. They have powerful psykers that can create warp storms and shit, why don't they just go make giant warp storms on Necron worlds or somehow manipulate Chaos cultists into going to Tomb Worlds and summoning a bunch of Deamons? Theres plety of stuff they could do to fight 'Crons, they just don't.

Eldar are dicks.

>> No.13210330

>>13210295

I don't think Warp works efficently enough to do that kind of shit.

Also Tau are massivle fleet based. They may not be able to warp but they have giant ass space cannons and fish themed ships with tons of artillery.

Tau may be relatively small but they're resilient plus they have tons of allies. Plus, kroot Spheres are badass.

>> No.13210347

>>13210295
It's the Tau fleets that are the hardest part. The Tau fleet is pretty beastly.

>> No.13210359

>>13210330
> *munch, crunch, drool, slurp*
THE COLLECTIVE....
>*snap, gulp*
... APROVES OF THIS REMARK.

>> No.13210371

>>13210302
even if they could make those warp storms i doesnt really matter fluff states a handful of well positioned pylons could seal the eye of terror. As soon as they mustered the energy for the storm it'd already be closed.

>> No.13210377

>>13210347

I mean, have you seen the Manta? Basically a flying Titan and in BFG, that is what they use for Fighters/Bombers.

Tau like their fleets.

>> No.13210381

>>13210371
> well positioned pylons
> sleeping necron
good luck with that...

>> No.13210389

>>13210302
The reason why Eldar are the weakest faction in 40k is because they're written by Gavin Thorpe and Phil Kelly, GW's only two good writers.

They write 40k to be a reasonable and genuinely good setting. The other guys, like Matt Ward, write it like a fucking comic book and wank the FUCK out of everything they do.

Phil Kelly caught on, though; he made the new Dark Eldar do stuff like rape a Tyranid invasion with just wracks and have black-hole-in-a-boxes, and still managed to make it feel pretty balanced and interesting.

So expect Kelly's next Craftworld Eldar codex to give them some crazy powerful shit.

>> No.13210407

The Imperium is still FAR and away the strongest faction.

Keep in mind they're fighting literally every other faction in the game at once, and still winning often enough.

If they were set free to focus on one enemy they would absolutely SHITSTOMP them.

>> No.13210408

>>13210347
lol wut? Ever play BFG? Imperium battleships move faster then their escourts. Their most heavily armed ships get blown out of the water by cruisers. Only thing the have going for them is ordinance and more mobile fleets like the eldar and crons make them shit.

>> No.13210410

>>13210371

They're Eldar. They could find and destroy the Pylons somehow.

Necrons are mostly asleep and the Eldar have had fucking forever to come up with something by now. I expect better from space elves, I really do. I hope when the Eldar codex eventually comes out, they get some crazy fluff about how a craftworld is strong enough to wipe out a system of Tomb Worlds almost singlehandedly (with the help of Ultramarines of course)

>> No.13210414

>>13210389
> Dark Eldar do stuff like rape a Tyranid invasion with just wracks
Is this the thing that was linked in that other thread? About the DE backstabbing the Tau at the end and fuckin up their bretherin?

What was up with that, exactly?
I mean, how big of an accomplishment was it?

>> No.13210431

>>13210381
you only need one cron with his eye open for the pylons to startup and warpstorms dont instagib.

>> No.13210432

>>13210410

Nope. Eldar never win.

Has Eldar farseeing ever actually won when facing gritty and determined human heroes? Nope, they always find some way to defy their fate.

Has the Avatar of Khaine ever won a fight? If he has, I certainly don't remember it.

>> No.13210435

>>13210408
That's what wins at BFG, ordnance and bombers. and Eldar are just the best BFG fleet because of this, and Necrons are just overpowered.

>> No.13210446

>>13210408

Eldar and Crons make everyone shit.

Tau have TONS OF ARTILLERY dawg. Torpedoes, Torpedoes everywhere! Yeah they're slow but, Torpedoes and Mantas are everywhere.

Of course I play orks so I am used to pretty much being outmatched in everything but still, Torpedoes.

>> No.13210447

>>13210414
maximum trolling

they asked for a "cultural exchange" and turned the exchangees into Grotesques

>> No.13210453

>>13210435

Just because Tau ships can launch a fuckton of fighters and missiles doesn't change the fact that construction-wise, speed-wise and durability-wise they are shittier than Imperium ships.

>> No.13210454

>>13210410
Whats funny is their most powerful farseers have already seen the end of the galaxy. /spoilers/ C'tan win /spoilers/

>> No.13210457

>>13210407
> The Tyranids are still FAR and away the strongest faction.

> Keep in mind they're fighting literally every other faction in the game at once, and still winning often enough. Sometimes, they even decide to go balls-out and tear-ass towards Terra.

> If they were set free to focus on one enemy they would absolutely SHITSTOMP them.

>> No.13210460

>>13210414
>I mean, how big of an accomplishment was it?
Insanely good. A full-out Tyranid invasion is a loss for pretty much any faction.

Even the Ultramarines lost like, half their numbers against one, and they were on their own fortified, prepared planet.

Dark Eldar lured the Tyranids to a planet and fucked them up just to test their new Tau Wracks.

Dunno what other thread you're referring to. But anyways, this battle is from the new Dark Eldar codex.

>> No.13210472

>>13210453
But they still beat the imperial ships because they are designed in a way that makes them better at space combat.

>> No.13210479

>>13210457
>fighting every other faction at once
>eye of terror

>> No.13210485

>>13210460
> Even the Ultramarines lost like, half their numbers against one, and they were on their own fortified, prepared planet.

> Dark Eldar lured the Tyranids to a planet and fucked them up just to test their new Tau Wracks.

Were these two Nid forces really on par?
Cause, yeah, I read the fluff for this bit (forget some of it), but if they repelled - with light Tau backup - on a whim, DE are definitely moving up in the 40k-world.

>> No.13210493

>>13210472

Being able to win via game mechanics doesn't translate to winning in the fluff.

In the fluff, Tau fleets are described as flat-out worse than Imperium fleets, IIRC.

>> No.13210494

>>13210472
1. I don't recall Tau winning in space against the Imperium.
2. One AdMech Explorator warship can fuck up an entire Tau fleet.
3. While we're at it, one Necron Tombship can fuck up an entire Imperial fleet.

>> No.13210497

>>13210457
keep in mind EVERY FACTION IS FIGHTING EVERY FACTION ANY ONE TIME. Welcome to 40k, nids arent special they just have the best excuse to act like animals.

>> No.13210507

>>13210497
truth

>> No.13210511

>>13210479
> eye of terror
What about it?

>> No.13210512

>>13210432

Very true. Avatar of Khaine needs to stop sucking so much cock. Seriously. I want him to be good but he never is.

>>13210389

I'm quite happy with how the Dark Eldar turned out actually. I still don't see them as a humongous threat to the Galaxy as the Tyranids and stuff but strong enough to be a threat if they needed to be. Plus I greatly enjoy their strange almost mystical tech.

I still wish they had made them a bit less generic in their motivations though. Being evil for evils sake is such a trope in 40k. It makes them hard to care about except to be a faceless enemy for teh spess mahreens an dah emrererer

>> No.13210518

>>13210485
>Were these two Nid forces really on par?
Presumably yes.

A bunch of haemonculi led by Urien Rakarth + a metric assload of wracks and grotesques = RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE.

They were doing stuff like turning Carnifices into glass with hexrifles and whatnot.

>> No.13210524

>>13210497
Every faction fights every other one at some point, but very few are waging continuous war across the galaxy to the degree the Imperium is; Orks and Nids are the only ones that even come close to that.

>> No.13210526

>>13210512
they are crack addicts that don't know they are

>> No.13210530

>>13210497
I know, I was just makin a point - Imperium is fighting Nids is fighting Necrons is fighting Tau is fighting Eldar is fighting Orkz is fighting Imperium is.... Forever.

For in the grimdark future of the 41st century, there is only war.

>> No.13210541

>>13210512
>Being evil for evils sake is such a trope in 40k.
Nope. They're trolling for delicious tears of all the other factions. That's their motivation.

Why slaughter a planet's population when you could snatch a machine that could cure all human disease RIGHT from the Adeptus Mechanicus' grasp and then put it away on a trophy shelf?

>> No.13210554

>>13210518
Yeah, it sounded pretty epic.

Im not familiar with DE units though, so its hard to understand wtf they were talkin bout.

>> No.13210581

>>13210554
Wracks are what old Grotesques used to be. They take beings from other species, torture them until they're broken and completely loyal (easy for Haemonculi; they can even break Space Marines to their will for use by beastmasters, IIRC), pump them full of drugs and gene modding, and then set them loose as bulked out, berserk killing machines.

The new Grotesques are basically gigantic, even stronger versions of wracks with crazy stuff like spine tails and shit.

Basically, the Haemonculi make their own personal extra-spiky Ork horde.

>> No.13210585

>>13210530
Everybody is an asshole and thats how I like it. (why tau fans dont understand why the rest of the people in their hobby dont like them)

>> No.13210589

>>13210485

Nah, "Hive Fleet" is just a blanket term for shit.

They don't give any exact numbers but if I had to guess, the ones attacking the Tau were a splinter fleet from a bigger hive fleet.

The Hive Fleet that hit Ulramar was a full on Hive Fleet. Smashed into them and splintered after nearly consuming the entire sector.

However, I will say. If a Chapter of marines can splinter a hive fleet with Imperial Navy and PDF support, and there is about a thousand chapters of marines floating around the Imperium, I'd say the Imperium isn't doing as bad as everyone gives them credit for. Seems like Tyranids get beat back all the time in 40k Fluff. They're tough as nails but they can be beaten and really, I think being beaten for them is more a part of their fluff than any other army because their entire concept is based around the idea of being beaten, then adapting, then coming back stronger.

>> No.13210592

>>13210097
Orks all unite and Eldrad (Back from the dead), Creed and the Abbess Sanctorum (Back from the Warp) work out a plan. They direct the massive Waaagh! straight into the arriving Tyranid Hive Fleet.
As the Necrons, now awake, being their long purge of the galaxy the three super-geniuses now team up with Asdrubal Vect and Commander ShadowSun and they work out a plan to send the four C-Tan against each other and then, with the Necrons pulling but a quarter of their original might, they are then directed straight towards the Ork-Nid War.
The Imperium, Eldar, Tau have all worked out a long standing treaty between each other and even the Dark Eldar have agreed to cease-fire whilst they resolve the conflict.

Years later, the now Cyberised Orkinids turn their attention to the Galaxy and the stage is set for the final days.

Everyone pulls out all the stops to stem the tide when suddenly, Vance-Muthafucking-Stubbs Outa-Fucking-Nowhere rides in at the fore-front of 100 Baneblades.

Tzeentch pyrimids his fingers.
"Just as planned"

>> No.13210605

The reason Eldar always lose is because they are supposed too be the "pussies" who have given up hope or some bullshit because they can see into the future and it is bleak.
They set up the entire "idea" that Space Marines are so fucking badass that they can defy the fate of the universe and are the only hope the galaxy has.

Even though people say Imperial Guard are cannon fodder, it is the Eldar that are the true cannon fodder of the 40k Universe.

>> No.13210622 [DELETED] 

>>13210605
Just as they deserve

>> No.13210626

>>13210605
Wrong. They lose because they have good writers and everyone else has wankathon writers.

See >>13210389

>> No.13210629

>>13210493
In the fluff, the tau shipyards are described as being the thing that prevented the empire from being devastated.

>> No.13210649

>>13210629
Don't Tau have the worse space power, right after orks?

>> No.13210652

>>13210589
Behemoth was implied to be a much smaller Hive Fleet attacking at a concentrated point.

IIRC, the Imperium literally couldn't stop Leviathan and the 13th BC and all the other shit they were dealing with at the same time, so the only way they fended off Leviathan was by directing it into an Ork empire.

>> No.13210662

>>13210592
Humanity wins, C'tan win. Deceiver makes a fool of that feathery faggot as pariah gene matures and seals the warp forever. C'tan take casual stroll and harvest the younger races now stranded in their planetary systems.

>> No.13210663

>>13210589
> However, I will say. If a Chapter of marines can splinter a hive fleet with Imperial Navy and PDF support, and there is about a thousand chapters of marines floating around the Imperium, I'd say the Imperium isn't doing as bad as everyone gives them credit for.
Probably true enough.
Though, you really have to take into account - it was the ULTRAMARINES that were being hit, and (iirc) the entire planet was dead by the end (except for some few remaining Nids).
Terminators back to back in the lower-levels of the polar fortresses or something, if I remember right... Fuckin awesome....

> Seems like Tyranids get beat back all the time in 40k Fluff. They're tough as nails but they can be beaten and really, I think being beaten for them is more a part of their fluff than any other army because their entire concept is based around the idea of being beaten, then adapting, then coming back stronger.
Doesnt seem like they are really beat off entirely all that much though.
Theres always lil mini fleets floating around, or worlds that are just crawling with Nids-critters.

I get what you're saying though - they're like a fucking recurring boss or something, occasionally popping up as a challenge that (if not handled) will seriously fuck some shit up.

Didnt the last Supra-fleet to come through break up into a bunch of tendrils so the Macragge thing didnt happen again?
Been awhile since I read 40k fluff...

>> No.13210672

Necrons - Tyranids (don't know how many nids there are so lets make them equal)
Orkz (shitton of orks, repopulate super easily. Not sure why tyranids didn't consume orks, take their spore ability and then populate like crazy)
Chaos (every emotion felt or, more importantly, person killed makes Chaos ever stronger. Can only be defeated by necrons or tyranids dominance. Every god but Khorne could be 'defeated' by ork dominance)
Imperium (falling apart)
Eldar (dead race)
Dark Eldar (dead race, even weaker)
Tau (kind of a wild card, theoretically the right invention can give them a win but near infinitely low odds of that happening)

>> No.13210674

>>13210589
>>However, I will say. If a The Imperial Navy can splinter a hive fleet with a chapter of marines and PDF support
ftfy.

The Imperial Navy Broke the Hive fleet, all Marines did was suck and die.

By the by, this fleet had already consumed Two Chapet homeworlds and almost wiped out both chapters in the process. By the time it hit Smurf-town it was already worse for wear and still killed two and a half companies of 'The Galaxies Greatest' including ALL THEIR 1ST COMPANY!

And it was the loss of an irreplaceable Emperor Class Battleship that was what hurt the nids in the end.
Not kill.
Hurt and scatter.

>> No.13210676

>>13210589
Ultramar itself was hit by a splinter fleet.

If you want to look at a full-on Hive Fleet putting the bulk of its forces in one place, see Iyanden.

>> No.13210696

>>13210626
I'm not talking codex wise, I'm talking the novels and video games.

Ward and everyone else (aside from Eldar's codex writers) have Eldar's only purpose too be stuck inbetween Space Marines and their Enemies and make Space Marines look like complete badasses while Eldar shit their pants because they are pussies.

If I have had a dollar for everytime there has been
Farseer: "There is no hope, I have seen this planet falls too *insert enemy*!"
Space Marine: "Do not underestimate the soldiers of the Imperium, We will fight back the hordes and raise our banner in victory!"

I would have enough money to buy out GW.

>> No.13210709

>>13210541

Thats not a real motivation though. Thats stupidity. Dark Eldar are "Evil and sadistic" which caused them to create Slaanesh which caused the fall which now causes them to terminally live, needing to feed off of others sorrows to stay alive however, instead of, you know, doing something about that, they decided to be even more sadistic, brutal and hedonistic. That's not motivation, that retardation. They are basically an empire of mentally handicapped morons.

I was really hoping they would add something in to say they were progressively working on a way to defeat slaanesh or something at least, give them some kind of value as a group instead of just another dumb bunch of "Bad guys" who go out and do bad guy things to be bad so the good guys can come and stop them.

>> No.13210717

>>13210696
Don't forget there now has been more canon Avatar deaths then there is Avatars to start with.

>> No.13210724

itt eldar fanboys are mad because Marneus Calgar fucked up their pussy-ass Avatar

>> No.13210726

>>13210696
I'm talking codices and novels.
>Ward and everyone else (aside from Eldar's codex writers) have Eldar's only purpose too be stuck inbetween Space Marines and their Enemies and make Space Marines look like complete badasses while Eldar shit their pants because they are pussies.

See? You reinforced my points. The shitty wankathon writers always have Eldar as the losers.

And I dispute games. In DoW DC 1.2, pinnacle of the Dawn of War series, Eldar and Orks are the two best races in high-end play.

>> No.13210729

>>13210676

And Yriel whupped up on them too. Tyranids aint no thang.

>> No.13210739

>>13210709
Sounds like you're mad, son.

Are you mad?

>> No.13210762

Eldar have seen the end of the galaxy, hate to break this to you but C'tan/humanity win. Pariah gene grows, warp gets sealed, lifeforce harvested like a crop til the end of time when the universe grows dark and cold.
Good new Imperium ,humanity exists til the end of time... as food.

>> No.13210764

>>13210649
Only in the way that they don't have the same kind of fleet (not guns everywhere, more aircraft carrier like), less ships, and their warp travel is 1/5th as fast.

>> No.13210778

>>13210676
>Ultramar itself was hit by a splinter fleet.
Wrong.
The fleet split in half, 2 tentacles attacking 2 targets.
If either had been hit with the strength of the whole thing, they would have fallen.
Stop sucking Eldar dick, and stop trying to deny the smurfs their credit because you don't like them. Fanbois on all sides are annoying.

>> No.13210823

>>13210778
The Rakarth went toe to toe with a hive fleet for shits and giggles.

Calgar got his ass - and his chapter's asses - fucked up by Tyranids.

It's canon, no matter how much you hate the fact.

>> No.13210824

>>13210652

The thing is. The Imperium couldn't hold them but Orks can. Because fucking Orks are the shit and no one can step to the Boyz.

Also a major part of that story was that no one wanted to take the Tyranid threat seriously and therfore didn't bother trying to even stop the fleet. The Imperium was too trapped in Bureaucracy and bullshit to be bothered so an inquisitor had to step up and deflect the fleet into an Ork system by throwing Geanstealers onto their world.

The Hive Fleet was mostly just blowing over backwater worlds and no one was paying attention.

>> No.13210829

>>13210724
Close, Eldar Fangirls are mad because EVERYONE has fucked an Avatar at this point but Sisters. (Who lose even more then Eldar)

>> No.13210848

>>13210739

Nah, I ain't Mad. I just wish I could write Codex Fluff for these guys. So much wasted potential with the stories that could be told.

>> No.13210867

>>13210848
Or you could just have Phil Kelly do all the codices. Then we'd have quality for all the codices, not just the Eldar and Dark Eldar ones.

>> No.13210870

>>13210824

You mean Kryptman? The one with the genius plan "let's field our army so as to lure the Tyranids in, then try to pull out everyone out, which is of course an impossibility during a 'nid invasion, and bomb the planet with viruses and cyclonic torpedos"?

>> No.13210881

>>13210870

Dude was a genius, what can I say?

>> No.13210888

I hope that one day they drop this grim-dark bullshit and return to the awesomeness of Rogue Trader.

>> No.13210904

>>13210724
>>13210739
>>13210848

>> No.13210909

>>13210888

If by awesomeness you mean terrible models and even more incomprehensible background, I hope not.

>> No.13210930

>>13210778
>>13210824
> The first documented attack was upon the outpost of Tyran
> Occulus was an moon-sized observator station caught in Behemoth's path as it pushed onwards past Tyran
> Jagga was the home to Ork Freebooters known as the Star Krumpas. Their considerable Kill Kroozer fleet, once the a major threat to local shipping, put up a great fight against Behemoth but was eventually destroyed.1a
> The System of Thandros contained a Telepathica Matrix orbiting Thandros I, which boosted astropathic signals and allowed intragalactic communications. Kryptman, after discovering the fate of Tyran, attempted to send a message via this Telepathica Matrix. But he couldn't get through. In desperation he ventured to Thandros and found it destroyed.
> Prandium, known as the "jewel in Ultramar's crown", was as easy conquest for Behemoth.
> Behemoth went on to absorb Sybari, a Fortress World that served as the secret stronghold for the Death Shadows Renegade Chapter
> Marneus Calgar declared that the Hive Fleet would be halted at Macragge....
> At the battle of Cold Steel Ridge the Swarmlord, the Hive Mind's deadliest servant, was dispatched to deal with Calgar. The arrival of this unique beast infused the Tyranids with a keen strategy that coupled with their animalistic nature. The Swarmlord bellowed a challenge to Calgar and charged directly towards his position. The Ultramarines Honour Guard could not stop the Swarmlord from renting, tearing and gravely wounding Calgar. Just in time, Thunderhawk Gunships arrived to evacuated Calgar to the Battle Barge Octavius in orbit above Macragge.

>> No.13210944

>Abjuration of Clense Chambers

This could be useful after wild nights...


>Rings of Ethereal Flame

I fell into a burning ring of Ehtereal Flame...

>The Crown of Lineage

Does that mean I can pick a child to act as my firstborn even if he's not? Wicked.

>The Imperial Invocation of the Marvelous Demon

Awesome.

>The One Thousand Glorified Divinations of Knives

Your future. It is knives.

>> No.13210946

>>13210930
> the Emperor Class Battleship the Dominus Astra valiantly charged into the heart of Hive Fleet Behemoth and detonated its Warp Drives, creating a cataclysmic vortex that sucked both it and the entire Tyranid fleet into oblivion.
>The Tyranid fleet now destroyed, Calgar's forces made haste back to Macragge where all contact had been lost with the polar fortresses. The 3rd Company landed on the northen fortress and pushed into the subterranean tunnels to find them littered with Tyranid and Ultramarine bodies. Within the lower penitorium, they found a circle of Terminators laying dead where they had fought back to back and made their last stand. The entire 1st Company of the Ultramarines had been killed to the last man defending Macragge.1c, 3

> Behemoth's threat to the galaxy had ended, but the Hive Mind had sampled a significant amount of new biomass and gained experience of how the galaxy's defenders tactically operate. > It would also be years before its creatures were scoured from Macragge and before the Ultramarines and Ultramar could replace all their losses.

>> No.13210960

>>13210592
...and just as all hope was lost for the Tau/Eldar/Imperium suddenly on the horizon...doom guy. he walks in and wrecks all of the cyber orknids shit, and then he proceeds to the eye of terror to kick Tzeentch in the balls

>> No.13210962

>>13210946
Meanwhile, Rakarth said "come at me bro" and slaughtered Tyranids until he got bored.

>> No.13210990

>>13210848
>>13210867
I really need to edit my 'Everyone's Getting Raped!' image to 'Everyone's Getting Mad!' for situations like this.

>> No.13210993

>>13210962
Probably a much smaller force, as was already mentioned.

>> No.13210998

>>13210909
By awesomness I mean the fact that the different empires actually acted like diplomatic empires and not just black and white "KILL ALL XENO'S" bullshit.

Now any Half-Eldar would be executed on site, but back then they were not only common enough, some even held high positions in the Imperium and some were even SPEEEEECE MARHINES! (notably the head Ultramarine Astropath is Half-Eldar... or was atleast)

This shows that the Imperium atleast had diplomatic ties too the other Empires and wasn't as batshit insane as it is now. Also lets look at the fact that now the Imperium of Man is supposed to be a complete fucking hellhole, while back in the day, many planets were just like modern day earth and people had a good quality of life, this still lives on in Novels like Cain, but still why the fuck would you love the Emperor, if every day in the Imperium is miserable as fuck?

Grimdark for the sake of Grimdark isn't interesting.

>> No.13211001

>>13210993
It was an entire splinter fleet.

Enough Tyranids to cover a world and more.

>> No.13211002

>>13210990

Yes... Yes you do.

>> No.13211030

>>13210674

The big problem with the imperial fleet is that they haven't built a new ship... They refurbish, recover from hulks, and assemble from dismantled hulls, but they don't make anything new. They don't invent new sorts of ships. Every ship is almost irreplaceable. They suck pretty hard.

>> No.13211045

>>13211030
They do build new ships, actually.

Takes a century or so for a primal world to build one.

A few months for a Forge World to build one.

Granted that's shit compared to, say, Homeworld, where they churn out battlecruisers in minutes, but still, good for 40k.

>> No.13211089

>>13211045

How would it be possible to build a ship from scratch, even for a forgeworld? Every ship's Machine Spirit is an ancient AI that even the Mechanicus don't entirely comprehend.

>> No.13211091

>>13210998

Alright then. I can agree with some of that, though I hate the idea of "Half Eldar Space Marines" and that kind of bullshit. Same reason I hate the idea of "Half Vampire, Half Werewolf" Faggotry in Role Play games. If they could mellow some of the fluff, I wouldn't mind.

I like the idea of Eldar and Tau possibly working with the Imperium and such and I like the idea of the bad guys being fleshed out as being more than just "super evul, kill all guys with evil spikes that they use to rape guys." Is it so much to ask that my enemy isn't my enemy just because they want to rape me to death, possibly they have other, more realistic goals than just being asshats.

I mean, Chaos Marines are still people, Ahriman is cool because he seems to have goals set aside for himself, same with Cypher but in general, CSM just tend to want to fight stuff for the sake of fighting stuff.

>"I want to get this evul Deamon Mcguffin"
>"Why?"
>"So I can summon Deamons lol!"
>"and then what?"
>"And then they will Deamon up the place. that ought to be fun!"

>> No.13211147

>>13211091
Congratulations, you've found something seriously wrong with 40k. I don't mean to belittle your achievement, but there are a lot things that are wrong with it. But you picked a good one.

>> No.13211173

>>13211001
Actually...

> The Dark Eldar first encountered the Tau at the end of the 41st millenium as further tendrils of Kraken virtually surrounded the Empire. The Tau could not afford another 'Gorgon' so they began hiring any species to help them...
> Kraken is defeated by Imperial/Eldar forces in two major battles
> Tau/DE are fighting the left-overs (which are still almost enough to butt-rape the Tau)

Kraken is abit weird though... Im not hugely familiar with the fluff, so I was looking into it.

> Kraken
> Huge genestealer cult on Ichar IV, cleansed eventually in awesome Imperial battles
> the Astropaths had reported a shift in the warp, distant still, but the oldest of the Astropaths had sensed the call of the Patriarch and felt the change in the warp. He had sensed something vast and shadowy, a monstrous entity which had turned its attention to Ichar IV.
> Almost no real details given about how large this fleet was or how it was defeated, except that a major defeat by the Imperium sent them to Eldar space, where they raped a Craftworld before being dispersed - NOT destroyed - to tackle the Tau
> Kraken was not destroyed, though after these two major defeats, the attacks on the Eastern Fringe were halted.

Fun DE tidbit:
> As events become desperate, a Webway portal at the rear of the Craftworld activates and Dark Eldar from the Wraithkind Kabal and the Cult of the Flayed Hand emerge to aid in slaying the Orks.
> After Iyanden is saved, Iyanden's Council of Seers questions the Dark Elda as to why they intervened. They reply that they gain extreme entertainment from watching Iyanden's angst-ridden use of necromancy.

>> No.13211204

>>13211089
Because they build Titans and Land Raiders, which also use true AI.

The higher up in the AdMech you go, the less religious and more scientific they become.

The high-end AdMech guys, fabricator generals and the like, can code an AI to put into titans, land raiders, imperial battlecruisers, etc.

It's the shit tier enginseers who treat everything like it's magic. The mid-tier admech still treat stuff like magic but can do more stuff, even if they think it's sorcery. Top end? They understand exactly how their technology works and don't believe any of the religious stuff.

>> No.13211220

>>13211091
They wear spikes for a reason, you know.
You know, to venerate the gods Ans'l, Mo'rcck and Phraz-Etar.

>> No.13211254

>>13211204

I really want to know if that can be cited, because it makes the mechanicus look way less incompetent if it's actually true. Is it true, or is it just inferred?

>> No.13211282

>>13211254
It's heavily implied.

>> No.13211286

>>13211147

It's honestly one of the biggest problems with 40k I have had in recent times and given how many problems there are, that should say something.

I don't really care about "advancing the storyline" as much as balancing the fluff of the armies out a bit more.

I don't get the people who take the "grimdark" aspect of the universe so super serious because, it's really not. Everything in 40k is so cartoonish that I can't comprehend taking it seriously. It is a lot like a badly written comic book or sci fi novel where the writer is trying to be "ultra mature guys, so mature that theres rape and guys being pulled apart because that's what mature means."

I find it more humorous than I do dark because of this but it gets rather dull.

>> No.13211315

>>13211282

And now I am sad.

Heavily implied means it's not Canonical.

I was hoping it was

>> No.13211334

>>13211173

I like the idea of Eldar and Dark Eldar fighting together.

Fluff wise, theres really not a lot of reason why they can't. Would be awesome to see a combined Eldar force in an apoc battle or something. DE, Eldar and Harlies, banding together to smack someone up.

>> No.13211344

>>13211315
Mechanicum supports it. So does the Explorator Warbands booklet written by Gav Thorpe.

I think it's safe to consider it canon, otherwise we wouldn't have new Titans and Land Raiders and battlecruisers being built.

>> No.13211375

>>13211344
You'd have to post the excerpts for anyone to take you seriously on that one man - the definition of 'heavily implied' tends to vary from person to person.

>> No.13211536

GORK was here.

Y'all are panzies and need to quit crumpin' aboot.

MORK says hi.

>> No.13211709

Hive Fleet ANYTHING (ever), obliterates all life from planets, and strips them of the capacity to sustain life ever again. Even Necrons aren't that good at killing shit. Also, to my knowledge, 'Nids are the only race to survive Imperium administered Exterminatus not once, but twice! Or at all. In terms of sheer galactic damage, 'Nids win. Also, they killed a whole craftworld with 1 nid (Doom of stupid space elves, Codex mark V)

>> No.13211758

>>13209457
Ahem.
>>13211709
>their tech is so god tier in BFG their ships have weapons w/ aoe pulses of gauss energy that wipes out microscopic life within several parsecs.

>> No.13211783

>>13211758
Huh, a gun that only kills microbes?

That's... neat... I guess.


Actually come to think of it, if you wiped out all microscopic life on earth, I bet all higher life forms would go extinct.

>> No.13211885

>>13211709
The Doom's background is an example of everything that is wrong with 40k.

>> No.13211917

Imperium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VsK8i4ZKaE&feature=related

rest of the galaxy:

you just got served

>> No.13211981

>>13209251
Dark Eldar can't do anything. Otherwise they would have killed Slaneesh and captured the other three Gods so they can torture them for the lols.

>> No.13211996

>>13211885
Really? I have more of a problem with the Sanguinor.

The idea of the tyranids bioengineering a better psyker than the eldar seems rare but perfectly plausible to me, especially with the hints that zoanthropes are made with incorperated eldar DNA. To have a special zoanthrope that is an alpha plus level super psyker that can consume a small noname craftworld doesn't stretch my suspension of disbelief that much farther.

Sanguinor on the other hand...

But the whole Worf effect going on where everyone has to destroy a craftworld to show how badass they are? Yeah I agree that in that sense the Doom's background is an example of the worst 40k fluff has to offer. It's not the Doom's fault personally though.

>> No.13212004

>>13211375
Anyone who's read the book will see that high end Mechanicus types are extremely knowledgeable and competent.

>> No.13212050

>>13212004

>> No.13212062

>>13212050
Pirate the fucking book and read it.

Don't actually buy it; it's as shitty as every BL book besides Titanicus..

>> No.13212088

>>13212004
Everyone in the mechanicus is competent. They treat it as a religion so that they can keep their monopoly on technology going. When someone is freshly recruited they begin to learn about what technology is and slowly shed their religious dogmatic worship of it, then they replace it with a more zen like spiritual communion.

Oh and the AIs in land raiders are part biological. They're more like a half dozen hardwired servitor brains than actual AI.

>> No.13212141

>>13212004

The high-level Mechanicus people actually know shit?

Oh hell yes!

>> No.13212319

>>13212141

INFERENCE ≠ DEDUCTION

>> No.13212347

>>13212088
>Everyone in the mechanicus is competent.
Competent as in knowing how their shit works and making new shit.

Sure, enginseers are quite competent at repairs and explorators are very good at going out and uncovering lost technology, but only high end AdMech are competent as scientists and engineers.

>> No.13212479

>>13208773

tau own all. it is inevitable. their technology is insurmountable. this is not opinion, this is fact.

>> No.13212496

>>13212479
No, it's really an opinion.

>> No.13212505

>>13212496


NO UR AN OPINION!

>> No.13212517

>>13212479
>their technology is insurmountable.

You mean their plot armour thus far.

>> No.13212524

>>13212496

More of a speculation really. One can only speculate about what the Tau will be capable of in a thousand years.

I for one am looking forward to it, eagerly.

>> No.13212538

>>13212517

consider plasma technology. tau are clearly superior to the imperium. and something nobody ever considers: the tau willingness to ally with other species, this alone gives them a huge strategic advantage over all other races as they expand. its called adapting.

>> No.13212540

>>13212524
Silly anon, there will never be a 1000 year plot advancement in 40k.

>> No.13212566

What about ranking on the tabletop?

My opinion would be

Guard
Marines
Tyranids
Dark Eldar
Chaos Marines
Orks
Eldar
Tau
Daemons
Witch Hunters
Daemon Hunters
Necrons

>> No.13212583

>>13212538
Plasma isn't the end tech for the Imperium. Yes, the tau plasma weapons are more stable than their imperial counterparts but only GW handwaving saved the tau from being utterly crushed so far.

>> No.13212602

>>13212538
>consider plasma technology. tau are clearly superior to the imperium
No, actually. Their plasma weaponry is only safe because they use it on lower, weaker settings.

Space Marines can fire their plasma guns on lower, safe settings and still get more firepower than tau pulse rifles. Then they can put it into the danger zone and absolutely rape everything.

Willingness to ally with everyone?

Cause we saw how well that worked when they tried it with the Prophets of Flesh.

>> No.13212604

>>13212583

Uh... plasma pistols are ancient, prized artifacts in the imperium. They definitely qualify as high end technology.

>> No.13212611

>>13212602
The Tau are learning. That's something no other faction is doing. That is why their potential is unmatched.

>> No.13212613

>>13212602
Butmad Guardsmen detected

>> No.13212628

>>13212611
Yeah, but 40k is stagnant.

Besides, for every good invention the Tau make, the Imperium uncovers a dozen pieces of archeotech or STC blueprint fragments and the Dark Eldar make a hundred new weapons of mass battlefield torture.

>> No.13212641

>imperialfags accusing tau of having plot armour

>> No.13212642

>>13212604
That's mostly because the admech is trying to keep it that way. The technology is still there and they can still produce plasma weapons.
And seeing force fields, teleportation, biogenetic engineering, extensive cybernetics, digiweapons, etc. I wouldn't say that plasma is the endgame tech of Imperium.

>> No.13212651

>>13212613
Actually, I'm mainly a fan of CW Eldar, Dark Eldar, IG, Tau, and Necrons.

>> No.13212665

>>13212628

Have you seen what the tau have done in six thousand years? Seriously, what has the imperium been doing for the last six thousand years? What new, earth shattering wonder do they have to show for it?

I mean good god man, the only thing an imperial terminator has over his chaos equivalent is that his weapon is storm rather than twin linked. Chaos spacemarines are wearing pre heresy equipment. Seriously, that's the extent of their advancement since the crusades.

>> No.13212680

>>13212641
>mfw accusing eldarfags too of being imperialfags

>>13212611
Yep, they learn. The imperium does too, just on a much slower rate. Nevertheless technology would have to improve a helluva lot to effectively combat the overwhelming number advantage of the Imperium. I doubt that if they showed some seriously dangerous tech in their engagements the Imperium would ignore them any more favouring more pressing matters.

>> No.13212696

>>13212680

Eldar players bitching about Tau are few in number for a reason, since the Tau (and Sisters but no one gives a shit about them) are the only faction that has NOT yet killed Avatars or wrecked a craftworld.

>> No.13212699

Real high end Imperial tech is stuff like tac-nuke pistols, mind-reading devices, Land Raiders with antigrav, etc.

>> No.13212701

>>13212680
>>mfw accusing eldarfags too of being imperialfags
Eldarfags are worse

>> No.13212702

>>13212665
Isn't it hard to advance when you already reached a certain point?

>> No.13212715

>>13212701
Yes, and they raped you when you were a little kid.
Also they've set your kitty on fire.
Now how does that come into play when it's about the tech of the tau and the imperials?

>> No.13212719

>>13212715
Eldarfag detected

>> No.13212722

>>13212702

Not if modern trends involving microprocessing are to be believed. Microprocessors aren't just becoming better, they're becoming better by a more impressive increment, every year.

>> No.13212724

>>13212696

Space Pope curbstoming an Avatar confirmed for next Tau codex.

>> No.13212727

>>13212719
>eldarfag detected
>I clearly said I am an eldarfag

>> No.13212735

>>13212724
Fuck yeah

>> No.13212742

>>13212727
Typical Eldarfag

>> No.13212749

>faggots ranking xenos above the Imperium in power

>> No.13212757

>>13212722
I thought that trend slowed down a bit. Of course I have nothing to base this assumption on.

Now how about an organization given monopoly over tech and research that wraps it in a religious mantle and fixated on recovering lost tech instead of coming up with new one?

>> No.13212764

>>13212749
> faggot thinking the Imperium is top tier

We'll eat the bayonette.
Then the guts.

Let's see how much the Emperor protects.

>> No.13212767

>>13212742

>> No.13212771

>mhw I see people bothering to rank 40k power levels

>> No.13212777

>>13212771
Is that a "wars started and won in less than 11 milliseconds" picture?

>> No.13212781

>>13212764
Your gonna leave some for us, right?!
> Your
> FUCKING YOUR

>> No.13212803

>>13212777
Not wars... but, an ROU diving in and driving an enemy LOU to suicide, then zipping back out again, yes.

Cultureverse engagements actually tend to last longer than that; especially dealing with von neumann swarms. The Killing Time's 11ms run was what an ROU does when it has a precise target to take out and then get out again fast.

>> No.13212807

>>13209992

>> No.13212814

>>13212803
>Cultureverse engagements actually tend to last longer than that; especially dealing with von neumann swarms

What, they take a whole second instead? D:

>> No.13212828

I don't know too much on Tau and regular Eldar fluff but why can't regular Eldar and Tau come to some sort of understanding?

I don't remember any reason why Tau and regular Eldar have to kill each other.

>> No.13212843

>>13212814
Yes.

And certainly trained humans can take part, providing they're wearing a neural lace (which lets them make thoughts fast enough that they can essentially read through several news articles and look at a map of the galaxy for a while before finishing a heartbeat) and have appropriate equipment.

>> No.13212848

>>13212828

They usually don't. The tau would be overjoyed to trade with the eldar. The eldar avoid them.

>> No.13212850

>>13212828
BECAUSE HURR DURR EVERYONE ELSE IS INFERIOR TO THE GRAND GODLY ELFDAR

>> No.13212879

>>13212828
Eldar look down on Tau. Tau want Eldar to join the Tau Empire.

Can you fucking imagine that? A sixty-million+ year old, extremely high-tech and powerful (let's go by 2e Eldar here, folks) species joining some young upstart empire that has less combined population than a single Craftworld?

Also, the Dark Eldar fucked up Tau-Eldar relations in general when they tricked the Tau into giving them several thousand civilians, which the Dark Eldar promptly turned into Wracks and Grotesques and then used them to butcher a bunch of Fire Caste.

>> No.13212880

>fluffwise Tau have not won a space battle against the Imperium

During the Taros campaign. Tau Protector class light cruiser Io'Tar destroyed the Imperial Dauntless class light cruiser Cerebus and the convoy it was protecting.

During the same campaign, the Tau Custodian class battleship A'rho was ganged upon by the Imperial Overlord battlecruiser Righteous Power and Lunar class cruiser Hammer of Thrace, and it managed to destroy the Lunar before suffering the same fate.

Tau eventually won the Taros campaign.

>> No.13212897

>>13212879
>empire that has less combined population than a single Craftworld

>> No.13212931

>>13212897

Since Tau have suffered much worse than a single Craftworld (destroyed by a single Chapter? or a single Zoanthrope? or Space Wolves? or a Keeper of Secrets?) they either have higher population or better warriors.

They even survive against attacks by the ULTRAMARINES.

>> No.13212965

>>13212931
>destroyed by a single Chapter? or a single Zoanthrope? or Space Wolves? or a Keeper of Secrets?

Random small Craftworlds that were made up specifically to be destroyed in other forces' codices.

See what happened when a Tyranid Hive Fleet went head-to-head with an actually important Craftworld: Iyanden.

>> No.13212993

>>13212965

The size of Idrahae etc was not mentioned.

Iyanden faced half of a hive fleet, the other half was destroyed by the Ultramarines at Ichar IV, and as the 5th edition dex says, the whole deal would have been too big to handle for either Eldar or the Ultramarines.

Iyanden was THE largest craftworld, and lost the vast majority of its population in that battle. Their armies are made of ghosts, and the Eldar race will never replace those losses. Destroyed infinity circuits means Ynnead will never be born either.

>> No.13213008

>>13212965
> See what happened when a Tyranid Hive Fleet went head-to-head with an actually important Craftworld: Iyanden.
> Hive Fleet in question just suffered major loss at the hands of the Imperium
> Eldar almost lost, were on the brink of losing, if it wasnt for Dark Eldar showing up to 'help'
> When asked why, DE respond with 'Cuz we like watching you noobs suffer luluz'

You fucking 40k nerds need to learn something - CONTEXT is everything.
Tyranid Hive Fleet gets thrown around alot, but the condition of that fleet (and its size) ranges WILDLY from one account to another.

>> No.13213042

>>13212993
>The size of Idrahae etc was not mentioned.
And the Craftworlds themselves were never mentioned before the stories where they were destroyed.

GW's shitty writers basically thought, "Hmm, I can't write anywhere near as well as Thorpe or Kelly, maybe if I have these guys destroy a Craftworld people will take that in lieu of interesting background! But I'm not allowed to destroy one of the big five..."

>Iyanden faced half of a hive fleet,
They faced the majority of it. Please familiarize yourself with 40k lore.

>> No.13213092

>>13213042
>Iyanden faced half of a hive fleet,
> They faced the majority of it. Please familiarize yourself with 40k lore.

Please take you own advice.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kraken
> Rebellion on Ichar IV involving huge genestealer cult
> In the confusion and rebellion, planets in Kraken's path were easily consumed. When it reached Ichar IV, the invasion was defeated.

> Around the same time, Iyanden Craftworld suffered a devastating attack. In the end the Tyranids were defeated but most of the Craftworld's population lay dead.

> Kraken was not destroyed, though after these two major defeats, the attacks on the Eastern Fringe were halted.

Sure sounds like half a fleet to me...

>> No.13213494

Eldar have outright hte greatest technology and powerful units. Or, by fluff they're supposed to. They just don't have the infrastructure to develop it much further anymore, and can't replicate their greatest works - like the webway (Fuck YOU, physics, that's why!)

There are just nearly none of them left so that on a galactic scale, they can't do shit.

>> No.13216345

bump

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action