Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.13059549 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So I just got into Magic. I picked this up, then bought two intro packs, one for me, and one for my little sister (Chandra Hands of Flame and Jace Thoughts of the Wind).

Should I open this? Also, how does Magic handle foreign-text cards? I know in Yugioh we can use anything that's not from the OCG (Asia), like Spanish or German cards.

>> No.13059580

...Why the fuck do you want foreign text cards? Return it and get a real pack.

>> No.13059582

rolled 4, 6, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2, 3, 6, 2, 2, 3, 6, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6 = 68

Open it, if you want. Officially, you can use any card in any languages, assuming it's legal in the format.

>> No.13059585

The Gatherer has translations of many foreign cards, so I doubt that would be a problem. You can track them by Number, and other criteria.

I've only handled the spanish ones. They have the same back, so I think you can play with them if you want to, given that you know how to use the card.

>> No.13059595

Are you fluent in moonspeak? It might be hard to play with those cards if you're not familiar with what they do.

>> No.13059625

rolled 4, 3, 4, 2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 2, 6, 2, 3, 5, 2, 2, 6, 4, 3 = 58

Imo you should return it and pick up a different deck. they have duel packs in english, yanno.

>> No.13059688

Oh my, they are so cute! A little childish, but so very cute.

>> No.13059707

>> No.13059724

>>13059707
Poor Nissa... Forever destined to be outclassed by Garruk...

>> No.13059758

What is it with red mage chicks wearing goggles on top of their heads?

>> No.13059762

Also, why doesn't Ultra Pro sell sleeves in anything besides 50 packs? I don't like these Player's Choice sleeves.

>> No.13059804

>>13059758
they are just copying after other cool girls

>> No.13059809

For what it's worth, OP, those cards are 100% legal in any game. In fact, they're probably a bit more valuable than their english counterparts. If you're new to the game, I wouldn't recommend using them simply because you won't know what you're doing.

>> No.13059812

>>13059549

You can use non-english cards in any sanctioned tournament. The only restriction is that you need to have in your possession an english copy of that card to show your opponent if he asks for it(so that he can know what the card does, though 90% of people remember cards by art).

captcha: iminvent execution

>> No.13059815

>>13059762
Someone can't draw feet

>> No.13059874

As has been said: you can play with any MtG cards you want. Tournament setting determines which sets of cards are allowed, and if specific cards are banned or restricted, but in general language doesn't matter, and they all have the same backing. The oracle database on the wizards of the coast site has the official, up-to-date wording for every version of every real card, as well as the foreign language text. Once oyu know what cards you have, figuring out what they do is just a matter of looking it up online. I've never tried to look up a card that I didn't already know the english name too, however.

In general, if it has a white or black border around it, you're good; some Signature Series pre-constructed decks have gold borders and different backs (hence, they're marked cards), and pretty much no tournaments allow the joke-y "Un" sets with silver borders)

>> No.13059940

>>13059804
Jaya Ballard is a Task Mage. Braids is a minion. The _other_ Braids is an Adept. All of these are people you would go to when you need serious work done. Goggles say, "I get the job done... and sometimes it's messy."

>> No.13060250

>>13059874
Someone had beef with my Grizzly Bears.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action