Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.12578192 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Okay, I've got a bit of a problem I'm not sure how to handle. See I've got a couple of people stuck in an fairly modern, privately owned, biotech lab that 'accidentally' went into lockdown.

Bulletproof windows, rolldown cage walls and air seals, 4 large multifloor lab buildings surrounding a central garden/greenhouse. Various standard lab animals like rats, rabbits, cats, dogs, and monkeys. All set on a isthmus in the Florida Everglades, 30 min from the nearest city.

The problems is that a cult of Shubb Niggurath dumped about 50 gallons of 'Mothers Milk" into the fire system's roof water supply, and then initiated a 'lockdown/fire sequence' as they walked out, trapping everyone inside as the sprinklers drenched everyone not in the central garden area (which has its own separate water supply.)

What happens now to everyone over the next week or so?

I have one character who when the sprinkers went off opened an umbrella and when he smelled what i described as 'the heavy scent of roses and rotting peaches' he panicked, thinking is was nerve gas and ran into the gardens to rinse himself of with a hose before passing out as his heart began to beat uncontrollably fast.

A few lucky buggers just stayed in the gardens when they saw everyone else getting soaked in the facility, but one pothead in sandals walked in after the deluge has stopped to 'check shit out' for a few minutes.

Most everyone else in the labs got soaked to the bone, and have no idea whats going on. I figure that the place is probably going to be quarantined at least until they send some hazmat teams in about a day or so, and they will probably 'stay' quarantined after that.

>> No.12578373

No interested investigators today /tg/? I suppose I could always just dump various cthuhlu pics.

(also, note that the facility was researching cancer cells immortality for possible macro-scale application)

>> No.12578422

>> No.12578458

It all depends on what kind of story you want to tell.

If you want to torture and agonize your players, having them slowly develop hideous tumors while their bodies fail and their minds melt, then do so. The struggle to survive will make their horrible demise that much more potent.

If you want to make them ONE OF US, then do so as well. The hideous changes and psyche alteration will allow them to see the world in different ways and in a better light. The light of the way.

Or you could just have everyone else find their dessicated corpses not too long after the last end of session.

>> No.12578638

Probably going to go for the first one, possibly devolving into the second.

I wonder a bit it the cultists were insulted by the companies clinical approach to the power of life, or if they were complemented buy this feeble mortal attempt at imitation and wished to 'bring them into the fold and deepen their understanding of the mother.'

>> No.12578661

>>12578638
A little from column A and a little from column B. Hell, if anything, that split could be the only saving grace of your party, as they pit the enemy against itself...
...which of course, only leads them further down the path to their dooms.

This is the genre about "cthulu wakes up, everyone dies". Remember that first and foremost.

>> No.12578670

>> No.12578685

>> No.12578740

Well, since it 'is' in a facility.

>> No.12578787

Maybe an abomination acts like a beacon throughout the all dimensions in which these Other Gods live. And the gathering of so many abominations is like a lighthouse. So this is a summoning ritual, but not in the sense that human magic can bind and transport these beings of unimaginable power and importance. Instead, the cult's setting up a curious situation that the things will notice and come to of their own accord.

Which also gives the players a great reason to kill the monsters and stays with the idea of Lovecraftian horror. Humans and mutants can be killed. But the real point is to keep the big bad guy from ever coming, because once it does, game over.

>> No.12578893

>>12578787
Perhaps the cultists plan to call out an ancient and reclusive Dark Young from the Everglades, and the facility is the bait?

I could imagine then there might be fighting inside as well as outside as the forces quarantining the place exchange fire with the cultists who don't want them purging and burning their bait/sacrifice before it has time to mature and 'bloom'?

But that would really just be background stuff explaining why Delta Green with flamethrowers don't just knock down the place 3 days in.

>> No.12580356

So what exactly is "Mothers Milk". I'm assuming it's some horrible concoction distilled from a nasty monster?

>> No.12580426

bump

>> No.12580469

>>12580356
No clue what it actually is, but it seems to turn people into Lovecraftian monstrosities.

>> No.12580859

>>12580356
Mothers milk is collected from black goats of the woods direct servants of Shub Niggurath, Shub is the matron of growth and mutation and represents ther rampant expansion of life, as such being bathed in the milk of her servants would cause some sort of lovecraftian growths, though specifics are not clearly laid out.

>> No.12581084

>>12580859
Ah. Thank you anon.

>> No.12581686

Something like the Warp Touch table from the BoVD (which I think you can find around just by itself somewhere) would be a good start for specific effects.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action