Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 141 KB, 545x600, taufirewarrior.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12422741 No.12422741 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I am going to start playing the Warhammer 40k tabletop. Fluff-wise, I sympathise (if such a feeling is possible at all towards any of the sides in the galaxy-spanning conflict) with the Tau Empire the most and I also like what I think their playstyle will be like (kill everything before it even gets near me), so they seem like an obvious choice. I also generally enjoy their "style" the most.
I need general noob advice. Point me toward articles, if possible. Anything is appreciated - I want to do my research before I jump headfirst into the actual thing.

>> No.12422754

>>12422741
(I wish there was an anarcho-capitalist race in 40k)

>> No.12422765

>>12422754
There is, the Orks.

>> No.12422774

Aren't the Tau mindcontrolling space communists?

>> No.12422803

>>12422741
>I also like what I think their playstyle will be like (kill everything before it even gets near me)

Play Imperial Guard. Anything the Tau can do, the Guard can do better.

>> No.12422824
File: 170 KB, 600x1000, Kharnmad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12422741
>http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/tau-empire/173742-5th-edition-tau-tactica-w-i-p.html

Note: I didn't read it, but google is your friend OP.

I would give you advice on tau, but I play a full world eaters army, so any advice I would give you would be null and void, but hey, you picked my favorite army to beat up on besides the guard!

>> No.12422827

>>12422774
Since they have corporations and a stock exchange I'm going to say "no, that's just stupid imperial propaganda".

Tau have "conquered" imperial worlds with a tramp merchant freighter full of consumer goods. Washing machines, fridges, portable computers, t-shirts, shoes...

>> No.12422842

>>12422803
wrong

tau have better mobility idiot

and guard infantry stats are fucking garbage, carapace is not viable and 5 up saves get shredded by fucking everything

>> No.12422843

1d4chan Warhammer Tactics: Tau

>> No.12422846

>>12422774
Yes, and that's why >>12422754
I still think they're cool though. Better than the absurdly huge and cruel Imperium of Man, the smug Eldar, all the chaos guys, the torturing'n'enslaving Dark Eldar, the just plain weird Necrons or the all-consuming Tyranid horde. Orks are cool too, but they just don't have enough PRECISE dakka for my tastes.

>> No.12422854

>>12422827
I'm imagining a human completely obsessed with all things Tau, wearing Tau-style shirts emblazoned with the logos of famous T-rock bands, constantly peppering his Gothic with Tau words and phrases, and dying his skin blue.

With shame and dishonor, I confess, I giggled.

>> No.12422868

Crisis suits everywhere you can put one.

>> No.12422877

>>12422854
OTauku?

>> No.12422883

>>12422774
If by "communist" you mean "race known for trading with humans" then yes, and if by "mind controlling" you mean "no one fucking knows if they are and if they are they don't do so to humans," then yes.

For the Greater Good, that its citizens are happy is just as important as that they are hard workers. The IoM fits the Stalinist paradigm a lot better.

>> No.12422884

>>1242284
>Implying Tau have awesome infantry

>> No.12422886

>>12422803
>My only question is whether or not you can play Guard without being Imperium or Chaos, fluff-wise. I'd normally not give a fuck but my friends are all obsessed with the fluff, and while I don't enjoy the story behind 40k I do like the idea of joining my friends in a game they like, and would like to know if there's a fluff-possible way to do this.

>> No.12422892

>>12422886
>Why the greentext, man?

>> No.12422911

>>12422883
Dude, they totally mind controlled the Vespids into working for them.

>> No.12422917

>>12422886
There are rebel uprisings ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Most have fuck all to do with Chaos. There are even supposed "Evil Empires" where whole solar systems secede.

>> No.12422928

I consider the Tau to generally be a close-knit federation. Attempts to smear that are mostly because in their original state they kind of make the grimdark version of the Imperium look like a shit stain on the galaxy.

>> No.12422934

>>12422892
Accident.
>>12422917
Badass.

>> No.12422944

>>12422886
Why would you NOT be Imperium? The God-Emperor shines his light on those who are faithful.

>> No.12422951

>>12422877
Damn you. Why is this so funny?

>> No.12422991

>>12422944

Because he's a horrible soul eating monster who demands that ALL humanity bows to him, and explicitly mandated that all who fail to obey him must die?

>> No.12423002

>>12422944
Aside from meta knowledge that the Emperor wanted people to do pretty much the exact opposite of what they did by venerating him as a God or letting their hate and fear turn them into galactic bullies? The lifestyle people are forced into by the imperium is a psychotic nightmare where one has to worry about whether or not looking at, saying, or possibly even thinking the wrong thing might get them killed by the very authority that's supposed to be protecting them.

>> No.12423008

>>12422928
Mind control, concentration camps, castration and the 1984 influences disagree.
For fuck's sake, their helmets are CCTV cameras.

>> No.12423013

>>12423008

brb citing a VIDYA for fluffz.

>> No.12423018

>>12423002
Which, sadly, isn't that unrealistic a vision of humanity's (much nearer than 38 thousand years) future.

>> No.12423023

>>12422991
>>12423002
And it's better to be in the naive empire that would freely accept Chaos sorcerers and witches?
The one in between a hive fleet and a shitload of CSM?
Really?

>> No.12423031

>>12423013
The first sentence is true via the Tau's last codex.

>> No.12423032

>>12423008
GW's website describes human soldiers in the Tau Empire who are the DESCENDANTS of IG prisoners of war, a bit hard to have descendants if you're castrated or sterilized. They are also described as being "content" and holding no ill will towards their Imperial fellows. GG

>> No.12423033

>>12423013
Yep. It's canon whether you like it or not.

>> No.12423042

>>12422843
>When modeling Tau, it is advised to use glitter powder and faux gemstones on your models. This confuses your opponents, allowing you the tactical high ground.

Last line of that article. Sure is spess mehreen in there.

>> No.12423043

I sense aliens and heretics here....

>> No.12423051

>>12423032
You don't need to castrate willing soldiers.
They're like the Amplitur. Deny them and they'll invade you and castrate the resistance.
AND, there are breeding programs.

>> No.12423057

>>12423023
Uh, someone asked whether its possible to have an IG regiment that's neither Imperial nor Chaos, someone said "what's wrong with serving the Emperor," and hence the responses. The Tau have nothing to do with it and the Tau codex has fuck all use when making a rogue IG regiment anyway.

>> No.12423063

>>12423023
No, it's good to be fighting those who seek ill against you in this case. The problem is how they treat the people who aren't trying to kill them, and how it makes those people either suffer into an abused and enslaved sort of submission that's more pathetic than death, or makes them rise up and decide maybe the people killing you have the right idea.

>> No.12423074

>>12423008
Gee, I'm sure the Imperium has NEVER done anything like that. Nope, no shipping people off to labor camps so they can die and not talk about the first war for Armageddon, the real one, no blasting cities to bits, no lobotomizing humans then cramming their skulls so full of drugs and tech they are little more then machines.
I mean, how could anyone want to join those monstrous Tau compared to the fair, all-good Imperium of Man?

>> No.12423087

>>12423074
Thus, human separatists.

>> No.12423090

>>12423008
they also have propaganda showing how great the tau empire is with humans living in peace on a tau conquered world. at first having to mine precious metals and minerals out of the ground (either thats what they were doing before being conquered and the tau just rolled with it until they had used up the mines or they were put into labor camps until they were re-educated) but at the end of it all the humans make their own towns with tau provided materials, they're start farming the ground with tau provided farming equipment and they begin to have their own families.

>> No.12423092

>>12423074
No one's arguing the Imperium's good. We're just saying the Tau are evil too.

>> No.12423097

>>12423063
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
Under the Tau, YOU ARE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS, at BEST.
The Imperium isn't a terrible place to live, depending on what planet you're on.
The Tau aren't going to hesitate to disappear you, torture information out of you, and kill you, if you speak out against them.
They love Big Brother.

>> No.12423103

>>12423097The Imperium isn't a terrible place to live, depending on what book you're in.

Dan Abnett has everyone living in New York.

>> No.12423107

You're all suckers

humans are happiest in Commoragh

>> No.12423108

>>12423032
Show me.

>> No.12423111

>>12423107

Commoragh is almost as happyfuntime as South Compton.

>account yonegast

>> No.12423112

>>12423097
here. Don't get me wrong, the Imperium is a terrible place. It's just not ALL GRIMDARK ALL THE TIME, and the Tau aren't the fucking Weave.

>> No.12423115

>>12423097
I ain't no fuckin' Tau boy any more I am an Imperial scumbag. My boys an' I ride under our own damn flag, an' we do what we have to in order to live the way we do. Tau wanna play nice and keep their shit out of our business that's all well and good, but you sorry sons of bitches couldn't leave well enough alone even if your Emperor came and explicitly told you to do something other than shit all over your people and slowly destroy your empire from the inside out.

>> No.12423117

I really want to cite some Tau-related writefaggotry as an awesome idea for /tg/ canon, but the writefag hasn't posted his obligatory interlude/chapter for the day.

>> No.12423122

>>12423107
Well, I suppose one could do well for himself there, as a gladiator.

>> No.12423132

>>12423111
>Commoragh is almost as happyfuntime as South Compton.
>Commoragh
>South Compton
>E.W.A. - Eldarz Wit' Attitude

>> No.12423134

>>12423115
What was that? I can't hear you over the crusade that inevitably steamrolls secessionists and renegades.

Sure, it might take decades or centuries, but sooner or later you'll be licking Commissar boot or living in a mile-wide crater.

>> No.12423140

>>12423117
>awesome
>/tg/ canon
Pick one. /tg/ is really bad at this stuff.

>> No.12423146

>>12423097
Ummm...

>Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Ummm, yeah, that's why someone would express interest in a non Imperial, Guard force, and why in general the idea of non Imperium, non Chaos forces are extremely appealing.

>Under the Tau, YOU ARE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS, at BEST.

And is this worse than being a fourth class citizen at best, like in the Imperium?

>The Imperium isn't a terrible place to live, depending on what planet you're on.

It IS repeatedly said that "To live inside the Imperium of Man is to live in the most repressive regime imaginable."

>The Tau aren't going to hesitate to disappear you, torture information out of you, and kill you, if you speak out against them.

Uh, have you ever read anything about the Imperium of Man? Besides, the IoM even treats its own ULTRA LOYAL forces like dog shit: space marines are not allowed a life of any sort, Imperial Guardsmen are used as cannon fodder (which "Human Helpers" of the Tau are explicitly NEVER used for) and recycled into soylent green, and if a Guardsmen ever fights against the forces of Chaos, he will most likely be put to death for having seen too much. Ordo Malleus, the greatest friends the Traitor Legions have within the Imperium!

The core difference between the Imperium and the Tau is this: In the philosophy of the Greater Good, happiness is as essential as efficiency. If you're on a Forge World, your life is pretty much shit, GUARANTEED.

And of course, whether the Tau are right is secondary to the point of whether seceding from the IoM and doing your own thing is the right idea.

>> No.12423147

>>12423115
Yeah. The Tau wouldn't leave you alone, for one.
Secondly, the Imperium would rather Exterminatus your entire system than let you secede. It might take centuries, even millennia, but your planet will be taken back into the fold.

>By the way, the only non-Imperial army you could field would be exactly as I described. In between secession and being crushed by the IG.

>> No.12423149

Srsly, u guys. It's 40K. All grimdark, all the time. The Tau can't be *too* squeaky clean now, can they? Even if GW wanted them to be, there is constant wankery about how they ruin the setting by not being grimdark enough from the fans. And that's *with* all the totalitarian stuff that has been more recently added to their background.

They're still the nicest faction in the fluff, by a long shot.

And apart from all that, shit, if the OP likes Tau, then he should play Tau. Stop trying to convince him to play something else just because *you* happen to like it better. That makes no fucking sense.

>> No.12423152
File: 32 KB, 288x499, 1283219707277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12422741

>> No.12423153

>Well, I suppose one could do well for himself there, as a gladiator.

Not so much in the old Commorragh. I'm not familiar with the new codex fluff, but:

"Sometimes a Succubus of the Wyches would come and take the fittest to battle against brutal creatures and skilled fighters in the death arenas. Ten men at a time, great warriors amongst humanity, would face a lone gladiator. They stood no chance against the Wyches; who delighted in toying with their foe, slashing and cutting, darting to and fro, leaving a trickle of blood with every pass.

No-one dies quickly in the Dark City."

Although, to be honest, it would at least be exciting as hell to live there. And if you got really into the torture, you could team up with a Haemonculus and fight crime/spread pain.

>> No.12423157

>>12423146
Frankly, it's better to be a factory worker in the cause of mankind than a slave to an alien regime that when it comes downt o it will throw you to the dogs to save it own people.

>> No.12423158
File: 77 KB, 723x515, Cutie_Fire_Warrior_N_Kroot_by_WhoN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>Kroot Carnivore squads are the most common auxiliaries serving alongside the Tau armies. The Kroot worlds have long been part of the empire, ever since a Tau expeditionary force helped liberate several Kroot enclaves from Ork domination. The Kroot warriors have a strict code of honour and, in return for the support of the Tau empire, supply large numbers of warriors as exclusive mercenaries. Their self-sufficiency and unparalleled fieldcraft are a major asset to the Tau and a useful contrast to their more technologically dependent masters. Kroot squads may also contain the lumbering Krootox and agile Kroot Hounds. Whilst the Tau find the Kroot’s predilection for eating the flesh of their vanquished foes barbaric, it is hoped that prolonged exposure to the Tau’s sensibilities and culture will eventually purge them of this distasteful habit. Despite this, the Kroot are afforded virtually the same level of respect as a Tau, since their skill at arms is much valued by the less physically able Tau. The Kroot are honoured for their martial prowess and are rewarded for their efforts, as befits loyal citizens of the Tau empire.

>> No.12423169

>>12423134
I'd rather drive straight into the Eye than take a single order from you loathesome fucks. You'll all be killed by your own failing ways anyway, I'll be over here actually nurturing the things that make me human while you do that.

>> No.12423182

>>12423157
>mankind and an alien regime
>us vs. them

ah, basic immunology "self-not-self" dichotomy is alive and well, isn't it?

>> No.12423184

As far as the Tau go: I ignore your reality and substitute my own. GW bowing to the grimdark hipster shit was stupid. Yes, you can't have an alien force that is genuinely altruistic. You have to say they're evil mind-controlling, propagandizing militarismos. God forbid you make the precious Space Marines and their Imperium look bad.

>> No.12423185

>>12423153Not so much in the old Commorragh. I'm not familiar with the new codex fluff, but:

space marines are always fun to watch in the arenas, and some beastmasters are mentioned to herd them.
Orks, genestealers, those make for good matches. Regular humans just get eaten.

>> No.12423189

>>12423169
It's funny because the way the Imperium is now? Best case scenario for a post-heresy galaxy. It literally couldn't be any better. If it any point in the past 10,000 years the Imperium had softened, it would've collapsed. It's secessionists and xenosympathisers who essentially promote the death of the species.

>> No.12423193

>>12423146
>space marines are not allowed a life of any sort
That's the Space Marine cult's fault, not the Imperium's. The Marines both protect the Imperium and stand apart from it.

>Imperial Guardsmen are used as cannon fodder (which "Human Helpers" of the Tau are explicitly NEVER used for)
Riiiiight.

>and recycled into soylent green, and if a Guardsmen ever fights against the forces of Chaos, he will most likely be put to death for having seen too much.
Due to the nature of the universe, such knowledge can and will lead to bad things.

>Ordo Malleus, the greatest friends the Traitor Legions have within the Imperium!
The same ones that field the Grey Knights, who are specially trained and equipped to kill daemons and the daemonic?

>The core difference between the Imperium and the Tau is this: In the philosophy of the Greater Good, happiness is as essential as efficiency. If you're on a Forge World, your life is pretty much shit, GUARANTEED.

Tell that to the Tech-priests, they love it there.

>> No.12423196

>>12423146
>which "Human Helpers" of the Tau are explicitly NEVER used for
...that is explicitly exactly what they are used for, like the Kroot.
Secondly, some planets are democracies. Real, actual democracies. The Imperium is more of a militant hegemony than an actual empire.
Third, people in Oceania were happy, too.
Fourth, good fucking luck with the whole secession thing.

>> No.12423199

>>12423189It's funny because the way the Imperium is now? Best case scenario for a post-heresy galaxy

40k imperium is a shitty place to live in, it males for a good story

don't fag it up

>> No.12423201

>>12423182
It's true. In the end, non-Tau are a buffer protecting the core race.

>> No.12423203

Leafblower isn't cheap at all. It relies heavily on the expectation that your opponent has no anti tank.

>dranon beilage

>> No.12423207

>>12423199
You're retarded. Quite possibly in a literal, medical sense.

>> No.12423208

>Frankly, it's better to be a factory worker in the cause of mankind than a slave to an alien regime that when it comes downt o it will throw you to the dogs to save it own people.

Yup, I find the Emperor a pretty alien being, myself. His DNA is obviously not human (unless you consider acid spewing brain eating carapaced freaks to be human), and the dude eats the souls of his own loyal subjects. You can spin that however you want.

But I'm more partial to the idea of a faction that is created by humans and reserved for humans. It would be an interesting first in 40k.

>> No.12423213

ITT people who identify a little too much with the plastic mens they use in a tabletop wargame.

I mean hey I like the fluff too, but ... the OP just wanted to know about Tau tactics, right?

>> No.12423216

>>12423132
FUCK THA ARCHONS

>> No.12423223

>>12423208
His body is human. The big difference is his body isn't really the important thing. Like the Primarchs, he's probably mostly present in the Warp.

>> No.12423226

>>12423189
Whatever makes yourself sleep at night, loyalist scum. You want to believe lies, go ahead and believe them.

>> No.12423229

Tau and humans can be bros!

>> No.12423231

>>12423226
Can you actually point out how I'm wrong without going into 'blah blah you suck' territory?

>> No.12423242
File: 120 KB, 873x627, m1184198_99110814001_BFGWarsphereMain_873x627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

As the Tau Empire expands out from its homeworld, the Tau inevitably encounter new races previously unknown to them, and to each of these an offer of allegiance is made. There are many aggressive, arrogant and selfish races in the galaxy, however, and even the Tau often find first contact results in nothing more than yet another bloody war. There are other races however, who readily accept the message of the greater good and take up their place in the Tau Empire. Some of these races are small, perhaps located on just a single world, or else primitive with little useful resource to offer the Tau, in which case their accession to the Empire is simply a formality, with the benevolent Tau offering protection to these lesser races while they can expect little other than appreciation and friendship in return.

Other additions to the Empire are advanced in themselves, and the union of two such cultures provides valuable new knowledge, technology and understanding for both parties. Such races, where able, fulfil their debt to the Tau Empire by a series of tithes which suit their own particular abilities. Able craftsmen, for instance, may be called upon to provide manufacturing capacity, while aggressive or warlike races will be obligated to provide troops to the armies of the Tau. There are other races still who do not wish to fully submit to the Empire, but who likewise have no wish for war with the Tau and will instead strike up armistices or treaties of neutrality, opening up lucrative new markets or providing new allegiances for mutual protection. Such races are also likely to hire themselves out as mercenaries to the Tau Empire when the opportunity arises.

>> No.12423244

>>12423229
Oh, sure. The total extermination of the Tau will no doubt require the collaboration of sonderkommandos, who could in a loose sense be termed 'bros'.

>> No.12423247
File: 78 KB, 800x680, demiurgstrong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423242
Tau fleets inevitably reflect this varied mix of peoples and resources, and many Tau fleets will be composed in part of vessels manufactured, designed or even crewed by other subject races of the Tau Empire. Some of these appear in Tau fleets by way of tribute, fulfilling their obligation to the Empire. Others are simple mercenaries, lending their particular talents to the young Tau in exchange for rather more tangible reward, while others may simply be allies by choice, choosing to fight alongside the Tau in the name of mutual safety. Principally, there are three races commonly observed as part of Tau fleets – the Kroot, the Nicassar and the Demiurg.

>> No.12423257

>>12423226
>loyalist scum
Corpse-worshiping fools, huh? Good thing we have Papa Nurgle.

>> No.12423265

>12423169
>It's funny because the way the Imperium is now? Best case scenario for a post-heresy galaxy.

Technological innovation would have greatly improved things, no matter how you cut it -- and no, there is a zero percent chance for daemons to emerge because you made a new toaster.

Not oppressing mutants would have greatly improved things. Obviously, I'm not talking about Warp-spawn mutants.

Training people to fight and abhor the daemon like they hate the alien would have helped things.

Using spliced xenos DNA (obviously not Tyranids) and assorted augmetics to create more SPESS MEHREEN style groups would have helped things.

>It's secessionists and xenosympathisers who essentially promote the death of the species.

Every planet that has ever been subject to exterminatus would have been better off seceding, for starters. The Dark Admech have survived a very fucking long time in an ultra heretical state and they are in zero implied danger of extinction, rather proving that humanity could exist just fine in all manner of states other than what it does now.

>> No.12423267
File: 43 KB, 561x282, ironhammer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>baww weeaboo shit tau, now excuse me when i masturbate to the stench of sweaty guardsman anus

Boy are the Imperiumfags going to be pissed when Tau codex comes around.

>> No.12423284

>>12423244
no rly

>TauGuardsmanbrofist.jpg

>> No.12423289
File: 21 KB, 272x299, Tau_Sympathizer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423267
You haven't read the thread, I see.
Typical butthurt sympathizer.

>> No.12423294
File: 51 KB, 500x500, Tau Commissar cockfight.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>crayster time.

>> No.12423302

>>12423231
The fact that as soon as citizens no longer feel fear that the Imperium will crush them, they rebel? That dissipate knowledge being one of the greatest commodities in war, it is suppressed, both in terms of the Warp and of the Alien? The fact that the Imperium has no practical trade, no central language, no unified reason to continue existing is why it is falling apart. The Imperium says "Serve" and gives no reason, no incentive.
Of course, then you have the fucks on Terra whose accounting errors result in billions of deaths and false accusations of treason each year. I'm sure that also pisses people off.

>> No.12423310

>>12422842
>Tau have better mobility
>Devilfish, hammerhead, skyray: Skimmer.
>Valkyrie, Vendetta: Fast Skimmer

>Devilfish: Shitty Armament
>Valk, Vendetta: Facerapists

>Hammerhead, Skyray: No Transport
>Valk: Transport 12

Sorry, until you get a new codex, the Valk and Vendettas are superior to your skimmers in every way.

In addition, hellhounds are also fast vehicles, and rough riders are cavalry, so they're both super mobile.

>> No.12423311
File: 6 KB, 717x99, Hello, I SEE you....png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Don't think I didn't catch that, boyo...

>world's aparrill

>> No.12423312

>>12423292
Ladies and gentlemen, Imperial education.

>> No.12423315

>His body is human. The big difference is his body isn't really the important thing.

Uh, in what way is it human that an eldar's or daemonhost's body is not also human? Its certainly humanoid... but living for, what, 48000 years or whatever, and being able to spit acid, gain info from eating people's brains, and having a black carapace is not particularly human.

Unless, of course, that while he created the primarchs from his own DNA, the various freakish smreen mutations were not actually expressed within his own form.

And of course, no human could have survived to do all the shit Emps did, age or no.

>> No.12423316

>>12422741
Get FireWarriors, Hammerheads and Crisis battle suits. Maybe a unit of Pathfinders. Broadsides only if you don't like Hammerheads.

Those are literally the only useful units in the whole army. Fuck Vespids and fuck Kroot, and especially fuck Ethereals.

You make a gunline, stand at the back of the board and shoot the fuck out of anything that moves.

>> No.12423321

>>12423265
>there is a zero percent chance for daemons to emerge because you made a new toaster.
Wrong.
>Not oppressing mutants would have greatly improved things.
Ha ha, no.
>Training people to fight and abhor the daemon
So that they can experiment with sorcery? No.
>Using spliced xenos DNA (obviously not Tyranids) and assorted augmetics to create more SPESS MEHREEN
I have no words.
>The Dark Admech have survived a very fucking long time in an ultra heretical state
IN THE FUCKING EYE OF TERROR, WORSHIPING DARK GODS. HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS STUPID.

>> No.12423331

>>12423265
> and no, there is a zero percent chance for daemons to emerge because you made a new toaster.
Simply wrong.
> Not oppressing mutants would have greatly improved things. Obviously, I'm not talking about Warp-spawn mutants.
So, how do you tell the difference between a mutant who's twisted by pollutant and a mutant who's host to some awful gribbly? Do tell.
>Training people to fight and abhor the daemon like they hate the alien would have helped things.
Yes. Make them common knowledge. That cannot backfire.
>Using spliced xenos DNA (obviously not Tyranids) and assorted augmetics to create more SPESS MEHREEN style groups would have helped things.
The creation of the Space Marines was the work of The Emperor himself over several types of supersoldier. it took his intellcet to create something Space Marine-ish, and even his first attempt created horribly broken monsters that inevitably went insane. Can you imagine the AdMech doing much better by splicing together bits of aliens? Do you think that's even safe?
>Every planet that has ever been subject to exterminatus would have been better off seceding, for starters.
If you exist alone, you're a future victim.
>he Dark Admech have survived a very fucking long time in an ultra heretical state and they are in zero implied danger of extinction
Of course, they're all damned. Remember, damnation is a real thing: when you die as a thrall of the dark gods or in a pact with them, you're theirs to fuck with.
>rather proving that humanity could exist just fine in all manner of states other than what it does now.
None of them are any better in the long run.

>> No.12423338
File: 110 KB, 873x627, m1860184_99120101070_40kSMRedeemer1_873x627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423302
A nice example from the Space Marine codex (HURRWARDULTRAARYSUESSPIRITUALLIEGEDURR):

>The Redeemer saw its debut amidst the ruined cities of Grissen, a once-prosperous planet torn apart by a civil war that had lasted for millennia. Due to a clerical error in the Imperium’s labyrinthine bureaucracy, Grissen had gone unnoticed until a mid-level functionary discovered that the planetary tithes were now some eight thousand years overdue. An Imperial Guard regiment was immediately raised to bring the Emperor’s law back to Grissen. When that regiment found itself overwhelmed by the sheer ferocity of the fighters they found planetside, a task force from the Fire Lords Chapter, under the command of Captain Jaric Phoros, joined the fray.

>> No.12423341

>>12423008
>Mind control, concentration camps, castration and the 1984 influences disagree.

cool story bro, none of that stuff is ever mentioned anywhere except in your own fanon

>> No.12423344

>>12423331
>None of them are any better in the long run.
Given the eventual heat death of the universe, one could say this of all factions great and small.

>> No.12423347

>>12423302
>no practical trade
Yes, they fucking do.
>no central language
Low Gothic, motherfucker, do you speak it?
>no unified reason to continue existing
SURVIVAL.
Why are tripfags this stupid?

>> No.12423351

>>12423315
The Emperor isn't a Space marine, fella, nor is his body the model for them. Space marines are a development of th Custodes and the Thunder Warriors, and aren't made of Emprah stuff. Even the Primarchs aren't made of Emperor, instead having been forged out of Warp. Yeah. Made of Warp, whatever that actually is.

>> No.12423352
File: 32 KB, 399x299, 1228432260619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>Every Tau related thread on /tg/.
>my face

>> No.12423354

Canonically one of the most recent events in the timeline, last year of M41 (sauce 5th edition rulebook)

>992999.M41 The Night of a Thousand Rebellions. Uprising and discord strikes countless planets across the Imperium, including the supposedly secure worlds of Enceladus, Darkhold and Minisotira. Contact is lost with large swathes of Segmentum Pacificus.

Mankind seems to be unconfortable with its supposed "last hope"!

>> No.12423356

>>12423344
Oh, I'm sorry.

None of them are any better after a century or two.

>> No.12423360
File: 65 KB, 600x514, Ejector_RD-15_Sept2009_TakaraT_1243955762.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423265
SEE WHAT THOU NEW TOASTER HAS ROUGHT?! BEGONE FOUL HERETEK!!!!

>> No.12423362

>>12423354
I don't like spinach, but it's good for me all the same.

>> No.12423369

>>12423362

Would a can of spinach kill you if you refuse to eat is contents?

>> No.12423373

>>12423315
how about simple gue'vesa IG....

>> No.12423378

>>12422842
cont'd

>and guard infantry stats are fucking garbage, carapace is not viable and 5 up saves get shredded by fucking everything
They're also five points a piece. Which means for every flak-armoured, BS3, S3 Ap- ablative wound I get, you get half a fire warrior.
Difference being, you can have 12 fire warriors, with no heavy or special weapons, no transport, and no sergeant upgrades for 120 points, I can have 10 Guardsmen, with a flamer, a sergeant with a CCW, and a chimera with 2 heavy flamers for 110.
Furthermore, thanks to that sergeant, they are Ld 8, compared to your Ld 7
So, in everything but shooting at high T targets at 24"-30" they are superior in every way.

>> No.12423379

>>12422741

Dont play Tau OP, they're shitty and most of their units are absoloute garbage

The only things they have going for them are battlesuits, Hammerheads and Broadsides

That is it

enjoy playing with the exact same army list over and over again

>> No.12423383

>>12423315
Damn dude, go read up on some fluff.
The Emperor is the result of some tens of thousands of shamans dying at the same moment, which made their souls fuse into one entity, which was then reborn as a superpowerful human. This happened sometime before Christ if I recall correctly.
The Emperor is physically human (even though he's huge and awesome), just an insanely powerful psyker.

>> No.12423390

>>12423354
Which takes place in the Time of Ending. I don't see your point.

>> No.12423391

>>12423369
Eating the spinach is the only thing allowing me to stop the bastard next door from shooting my dog and shitting in my letterbox.

>> No.12423392

>IN THE FUCKING EYE OF TERROR, WORSHIPING DARK GODS. HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS STUPID.

Okay, and...? If worshiping dark gods will let you survive longer than worshiping corpse gods (who also eat souls), then obviously it is the right thing to do.

>> No.12423393
File: 34 KB, 344x503, 169_BlackHole2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

The Imperium is going to be asshurt when the Emperor finally dies and the whole life-support by human sacrifice thing turns out to have caused the birth of an uber-powerful Chaos God-dwarfing entity in the Warp that exists with the one driving motivation of being merciful by ending existence in its entirety. Oh boy, I do believe so.

>> No.12423394

Entire Segmentum Pacificus seceded for a period 900 years, and the High Lords could not bring it to the fold with force. It rejoined when a religious group seized power via popular support.

>> No.12423398

>>12423383
>The Emperor is physically human (even though he's dead), just used to be an insanely powerful psyker.

FTFY

>> No.12423406

>>12423378

Not to mention that Tau, like guardsmen, cant shoot worth shit

And they suck even more in CC

>> No.12423414

>>12423369

Don't forget your entire family, possibly your entire community, and maybe even your entire planet because you might have at one time seen a can of spinach float or something, you don't know, you were kinda drunk at the time.

The things the Imperium of Man does are not completely out of a desire to OPPRESS AND BE EVIL (that is to say, there are generally speaking good reasons behind their methods), but you cannot seriously say that it is literally the best case scenario for a human state post-Horus Heresy. That's just retarded. Of course things could be better.

>> No.12423416

>>12423391

Sucks to be you then, but do not project those issues to others.

>> No.12423417

>>12423392
The short-term gain is offset by the torment of your day-to-day existence and the promise of the eternity of agony to come.

>> No.12423418

>>12423383
Yes, that would be exactly why I find the Emperor's humanity questionable.

>> No.12423421

>>12423391

And so in turn the spinach subjugates you, eventually forcing you to kill your dog because it doesn't mesh with its vision.

>> No.12423424

>>12423383
It's kind of hinted that he WAS Jesus.

>> No.12423427

>>12423418
He's a distillation of everything human. He's uberhuman.

>> No.12423432

>>12423316

Well, you can also play mobile mech rather than a gunline, using the Fire Warriors to hop out of Devilfish and rapid fire things. There may be no "Fish of Fury" anymore, but it's still a pretty effective tactic. 12 S5 hits average ain't bad. Not enough to wipe out squads of Marines, but anything with 5+ or worse armor will be badly messed up.

Use suits with plasma/missile pods, and anything with a railgun, to deal with the heavier stuff.

Other units to consider:

-Piranhas can be pretty useful anti-armor with fusion guns; they have better armor than you'd expect, and the ability to create a squad of gun drones is nice in any mission that doesn't use Kill Points.

-Kroot are truly not terrible. They may be only average in close combat, but as long as you realize that and use them accordingly, they'll be okay. They're a good distraction/roadblock and their shooting is decent.

-Stealth Suits, in my experience, are really a very strong unit. Aside from railgun submunitions, they're the strongest anti-infantry in the codex.

-If you're using any Broadside squads at all then you may have enough railguns to use your last Heavy Support choice on a unit of sniper drones, which are quite good against Space Marines and can even threaten light vehicles. Definitely make sure you have your other two slots filled with railgun-toting things before considering these, however.

>> No.12423434

>>12423421
There's no shit in my letterbox, though, and eating all this spinach has made me bigger than that faggot next door.

>> No.12423442

>>12423369
If there was no other source of vitamins then YES IT FUCKING WOULD.

>> No.12423444

>>12423414
Super Secret Spoiler: It was the Emperor that struck down Sanguinius. He tried to rectify the situation and bring closure to the schism, and the Emperor's rage brought him to strike him down dead. This is why the Blood Angels and their kin go fucking nutbar when they see the vision of Sanguinius' death.

>> No.12423447

>>12423434
There's no shit in his letterbox either, and he's got friends and a girlfriend while all you have is spinach.

>> No.12423453

Being a citizen of the Imperium offers no afterlife. Human souls dissolve into warp, and never reincarnate. Brighter ones, that is all psykers, are eaten by daemons.

No matter how much Ecclesiarchy wills it, there is no empra-heaven in 40k.

>> No.12423456

>>12423378
I play Tau and this guys right, IG are better in literally every way.

Tau are supposed to be the party of precision shooting, which works great considering they can't shoot for shit.

>> No.12423457

>>12423434

The shit's there, the only difference is that it's supplied by you instead of your neighbor.

>> No.12423458

>>12423393
Well you know what?
I believe that the 'nids are being chased by an almost all-powerful, anti-chaotic (but not necessarily "lawful" as in "law and order is everything"), light-spewing force of absolute good which will bring peace to the Galaxy.
...somehow.

>> No.12423460

>>12423432
Then PIE PLATES and everything dies.

>> No.12423463

Except his friends are violent psychopaths, his girlfriend has a penis and he has herpes.

>> No.12423464

I like the idea of humans who are given autonomous control of a planet in the tau empire, as long as taxes are paid and they contribute to any campaigns the tau are involved with.

simply because i like the idea of a manta landing and two leman russes rolling out the front with two veteran squads in chimera's following it. and the lower deck crisis suit racks converted to carry a sentinel squad. Mean while a full infantry platoon and the company command squad disembark from the top rank to get in position behind the armored wall.

you can supplement this with a few Valkyries flying next to the manta and letting off their own passengers or an few orca dropships with their own platoons.

the valkyries and the mantas remind me of the good part of Avatar, the parts with the humans.

>> No.12423475

>>12423453
This is a bad thing? The only alternatives are being consumed to fuel a death god or being consumed/tormented by the Dark Gods.

>> No.12423478

>>12423378
>compared to your Ld 7

I dont know where you live but firewarriors are ld8

>> No.12423481

>>12423427
Right, is there any kind of logic supporting the Emperor was in any way human that isn't wholly circular? You could just as easily consider, I don't know, a daemon primarch or a chaos god to be the embodiment of all things human. After all, aside from Slaanesh, the chaos gods were birthed from human nature.

>> No.12423486

>>12423447
Because you're wallowing in so much shit you don't even notice.

>> No.12423489

>>12423481
Is there anything at all supporting either side that isn't completely subjective?

>> No.12423496

>>12423486
He's no better off. The guy next door spends his entire life thinking of ways of shooting the mouldering corpse of my dog and shoving shit in my letterbox.

>> No.12423498

>>12423481
The fused souls of all the dead shamen possessed a newborn baby and made it all awesomey.

>> No.12423500

>>12423478

Fire Warriors are LD7. The Sarge is LD8. But you never waste points on the sarge.

>that hannstra

>> No.12423508

>>12423464
Not possible, sorry.
>>12423481
Shamans were human. He's shaman Voltron. Why would that make him inhuman.

>> No.12423509

>The only alternatives are being consumed to fuel a death god or being consumed/tormented by the Dark Gods.

Or to obtain immortality. Seems the best solution is to use sorcery to force daemons to grant pacts of immortality, and replace all non essential parts of your body with bionics. Actually, I'm not sure how servitors and magoi live, it might very well be possible to get immortality without pushing daemons around.

>> No.12423517

>>12423508
For some reason, if you become really smart or strong or whatever, you're not human any more.

>> No.12423519

>>12423347
>Yes, they fucking do.
What consumer goods do they make? Because guns needed for the war, food needed to feed the hive, and it all overlooked by the government is not trade. You're assigned to make X and get it to Y. Shipping off planet is exorbitantly expensive. Which means trade between planets is limited to essentials, which, again, is mandated and overseen by the Imperium. Nobles on Hive World Z getting dangerous plants smuggled in by rogue traders doesn't really count as trade, either.
>Low Gothic, motherfucker, do you speak it?
There are MILLIONS of low gothic dialects. Catachan low gothic has 27 words for red, one of which is also green, depending on the context.
>SURVIVAL.
"You there, go die so that the High Lords may live!"
A standard guard tatic is "bury them in our dead." That isn't survival, it is stupidity.
>>12423338
Oh, yes, that story. I love how the Chapter Master just wanted to submit the world to exterminatus because the war was taking too long for his liking.

>> No.12423524

>>12423509
Except a deamon isn't going to just give you immortality and let that be that, is it?

>> No.12423526

>>12423475

>982999.M41 The Great Awakening. A ripple of psychic activity passes through the Imperium, awakening the dormant powers of latent psykers. The resulting backlash creates innumerable Warp rifts and a thousand worlds are lost to daemonic incursions.

Yet the Emperor protects nevertheless!

...although I wonder what the Ordos and Sister Hospitalers/Famulous are paid for these days...

>> No.12423542

>>12423519
Trade is apparently common enough for human renegades and Eldar dickheads to make a living as pirates.

>> No.12423549

>>12423508
Is a human soul more, or less, integral to being human than a human body?

Would you also consider a monstrosity made of the fusion of the flesh -- rather than the souls -- of one hundred psykers and all their power merged together, crawling across the ground and defeating chaos marines and xenos to be acceptable as "fully human" if there is no xeno DNA?

One would think that dicking around with souls is more vile than dicking around with the flesh -- but if it isn't, then a daemonhost could be considered a "pure human" just as easily.

>> No.12423555

>>12423549
A Daemonhost is an alien thing in a human body. The Emperor's soul is just lots of humans.

>> No.12423569

>975999.M41
>The light of the Astronomican grows dimmer. Contact is lost with Ultima Macharia, and is intermittent at best with Macragge and Cypra Mundi

>978999.M41
>Dark Eldar raiders cripple the Imperial Navy's moorings at Bakka.

>> No.12423579

Tau are the nicest motherfuckers in the galaxy.

They helped the Kroot with taking back their homeworld from an Ork invasion, just because they are so nice. no payback required.

altruism? In my 40k? Its more likely than you think.

Choose Tau

>> No.12423582

>>12423500

I'm not sure how you could possibly regard paying 10 points to increase the squad's Ld by a point a waste, unless you consider your Fire Warriors completely sacrificial (probably not a good idea since you need them to score objectives).

>>12423460

Yeah guy, large templates are good, I get it. They kill everything. Thus, no one should take any units or even bother playing, because their shit will die to pie plates.

>> No.12423586

>>12423569
>implying M42 will not start with the Emperor waking, Jaghatai Khan and Leman Russ returning and Root Girlyman waking fromt he dead

>> No.12423587

>>12423524

If the daemon gets uppity, you can shove it into a daemonhost, and use it either to destroy your enemies, or encase it in concrete at the bottom of an ocean somewhere.

Chaos sorcerers wear the pants when it comes to daemons.

>> No.12423596

>>12423519
Red, rouge, vermillion, sanguine, crimson, maroon, blood, pomegranate, rust, martian, cadmium, fire, flame, rose, carmine, scarlet, ruby, brick, etc, etc, etc.

>> No.12423600

>>12423555
OK, well, a daemonhost using a plaguebearer that used to be a human, or a daemon prince.

>> No.12423603

>>12423587
>this is what chaosfags believe
Magnus the Great, the best sorceror in fucking forever and his entire Legion of sorcerors were played like 10,000 bitches by daemons.

>> No.12423613

>977997.M41
>The Tau Empire begins a new phase of expansion. They capture several Imperial worlds on the Eastern Fringe and show no sign of slowing.

>989999.M41
>The Ultramarines 3rd Company liberate the Lagan system from the Tau Empire

As the 41st millennium draws to a close, only Ultramarines seem to be accomplishing something. Anyone else wonder what the High Lords are good for?

>> No.12423625

>>12423613
>liberate from the Tau Empire.
Yes, the Ultramarines obviously did good work. Just like how the US military liberates nations. Strange how it seems to be a synonym for destabilizing them.

>> No.12423634

>>12423600
The difference is that a deamon, no matter what it once was is nothing more than an extension of a Chaos God.

>> No.12423644

>>12423613
Holding the line for 10,000 years.

>> No.12423645

>>12423579

If by nice you mean saved them only so they can use them in war

It's been explicitly stated that Tau are only interested in helping races that supplement their own abilities already

there's no 'altruism' about it, Tau are out to Conquer

>> No.12423650

>>12423613

Partying like motherfucker under the Emperor's rotted nose, with the most beautiful and unblemished specimens of the human race providing them "entertainment", and laughing to the trillions of toiling worms who live and die to sustain them.

>> No.12423663

>>12423613
The Tau can do whatever the fuck they like, they're still doomed.

>> No.12423674

>>12423663

>this is what imperialfags really believe

You going to get disappointed in a year or so.

>> No.12423680

>>12423603
Nah, the Thousand Sons got an immunity to chaos corruption out of the deal, and while the Rubric was a big thing when it happened, if they were loyalists, every marine lost would have died of old age since then. And of course, rubrics have their uses too.

>> No.12423687

Remember, Taufags: when the Imperium dies, everyone dies. The Imperium is the big thing keeping the many, many gribblies in the universe from being able to scour the galaxy of life or make everyone diseased or have three cocks.

>> No.12423696
File: 25 KB, 400x402, Tau_Empire.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423674
Uh huh.

>> No.12423697

>>12423680
Read Thousand Sons? Magnus was played, from the start. He even has a massive hissy fit about it.

>> No.12423703

>>12423687
Hah... hahahaha... Wow...

>> No.12423709

>>12423569>Dark Eldar raiders cripple the Imperial Navy's moorings at Bakka.

Duke Sshlickus did that

>> No.12423716

>>12423703
It's true. Everyone's busy fighting The Imperium. What happens when the single biggest force in the Galaxy is toppled? The victorious powers can turn their fury/robotic hate/hunger on everyone else.

>> No.12423718

>>12423696
Here, let me give you another big spoiler. The Emperor will die before the MMO is released. It's going to be a rather huge thing tied in.

>> No.12423720

I'm choking on the weeaboo in this thread.

>> No.12423721

>>12423542
Of course, human renegades aren't a part of the Imperium, Eldar are xenos so the Imperium has a shoot on sight order for them, and the Imperium has a track record of sending Guard armies with Marine support to provide a "regime change," at the least, with planets that are found trading with Xenos/traitors/etc.
Interstellar trade within Imperial systems is virtually non-existent, there is no real economic competition since the AdMech has an iron fist around new things, and the large scale producers are government backed, and trade between races is an act of treason, unless you are a rogue trader or Inquisitor of course, though that is so small scale as to not matter.
>>12423596
>Starts listing things that are red.
Pomegranates are fruits. Blood is a bodily fluid. While they have unique shades of red, and you can use it as a reference for what kind of red you are talking about, they are not substitutes for the concept of 'red'.

>> No.12423725

>>12423696

Tau are currently in a rapid expansion, and beat the Hive Fleet Gorgon.

They're also scheduled to beat an Imperial attack that dwarfs everything that came before in the next codex.

>> No.12423743

>>12423721

So "orange" is not a substitute for the concept of itself?

>> No.12423760

>>12423697
I'm sure it was just as planned, but considering the Thousand Sons of the Heresy are still alive and mutation free and the Space Wolves have like four dudes who survived since then, its a cost I could accept.

>> No.12423761

The Imperium took almost two million worlds in the Great Crusade.

After ten millennia of High Lord rule, this number has been reduced to a million. They sure do a great job. The Ultramarines haven't lost a single planet, and they work with vastly lesser resources.

>> No.12423762

>>12423721
>Interstellar trade within Imperial systems is virtually non-existent
Have you ever read a 40K novel? Eisenhorn, Draco and that other series all mention the trade cartels. They're a staple of shitty Inquisitor disguises. It's either Draco or Eisenhorn who posed as a trader trying to get a hold of xeno-altered grain from offworld at some point.

>> No.12423763

>>12423542Trade is apparently common enough for human renegades and Eldar dickheads to make a living as pirates.

Eldar don't really buy or sell things, they just take things and troll everybody

>> No.12423766

>>12423725
They also have no access whatsoever to proper FTL.
They did not beat a proper hive fleet. They beat a tiny hive fleet specifically said to be incredibly infinitesimal in comparison to every other one.
The Imperial Guard was decisive in that victory.

>> No.12423772

>>12423760
Alive, but completely and utterly Tzeentch's bitch sluts.

>> No.12423775

>>12423761
This is because of...?

>> No.12423787

>>12423766

Nowhere was it said that Hive Fleet Gorgon was especially tiny.

The Guard foolishly miscalculate the Tau capabilities, which leads to a Crusade of Fail even Abaddon would laugh at.

>> No.12423793

>>12423645
>It's been explicitly stated that Tau are only interested in helping races that supplement their own abilities already

No its hasnt. Otherwise you could direct me to a concrete source.

It has been explicitly stated however that the tau were impressed by the courage and power of the kroot.
It has also been stated that the Kroot swore allegiance to the Tau AFTER they reached Pech and cleared it from the last remaining orks.

So they fought all those battles together with the kroot eventhough the Kroot havent joined their empire yet.

the tau are nice and altruistic, its 100% supported by canon. Suck it!

>> No.12423804

>>12423761
That's pretty good, given the dimming of the Astronomican and the Horus Heresy and the rebellions and psychic influences and Chaos corruptions and constant xenos attacks for the last TEN THOUSAND FUCKING YEARS, all while stagnating and in a dark age.

>> No.12423810

>>12423793
I can perform an action with the expectation of a reward only after completion of the task. Is that altruism?

>> No.12423820

>>12423772

How do you fit Ahriman into your little paradigm? He gave Tzeentch the finger not once but twice, and has done just fine.

>> No.12423821

>>12423787
>Hive Fleet Gorgon was a Tyranid Hive Fleet which invaded the Tau Empire in 899.M41. It was relatively small compared to other Hive Fleets

>> No.12423829
File: 77 KB, 400x300, Rand_Ayn_art_400_20080505104949.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423810

>> No.12423830

>>12423820
One exception (which given the fucking absurd nature of Tzeentch can never solidly be proven to be an exception) doesn't change the fact that the most powerful sorceror ever was tricked by daemons.

>> No.12423845

>>12423829
Shiiiit, bitch was ugly.

>> No.12423849
File: 81 KB, 683x476, Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423820

>> No.12423851

>>12423845

Why do you think Rand was such a massive bitch to everyone?

>> No.12423852
File: 108 KB, 518x804, ironhammercampaign.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423787
Heres a bit more that i cut out...

>>12423804
a million worlds isn't something to scoff at, keep the same rate and holy shit the imperium is fucked.

>> No.12423862

>>12423810
There was no expectation.

Angkhor Prok asked the Tau to come to Pech, they came and the kroot swore allegiance.

But even before that Tau and Kroot were fighting side by side

>> No.12423863

>>12423852

Of course the Imperium is fucked. That's the entire Thesis of the fucking setting.

>> No.12423867

>>12423852
>a minor threat

>> No.12423872

>>12423862
You think they didn't expect some form of reward for saving Pech?

Are we supposed to believe that Tau are pathologically naive? Well, okay, yeah, but naive AND retarded?

>> No.12423892

>>12423867
>reading comprehension.

>> No.12423898

>>12423830

Power doesn't have jack shit to do with wisdom, and Magnus may have been tricked, but he still became a fucking daemon prince out of the deal, which is the mother of all consolation prizes. Its literally the best thing that can possibly happen to somebody in all of 40k.

>which given the fucking absurd nature of Tzeentch can never solidly be proven to be an exception

No one can be proven or disproven from being a pawn of Tzeentch, which is irrelevant since Tzeentch has no goal.

>> No.12423907
File: 5 KB, 320x227, breaking-news.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12423852
>Commander opens mouth.
>Says stupid shit.
>Trillions die because of it.

>> No.12423915

>>12423898
Best?

You become a powerful being, yeah. Immortal, yeah. But you also become basically something a god is dreaming and can control utterly.

>> No.12423919

>>12423898 Its literally the best thing that can possibly happen to somebody in all of 40k.

Duke Ssliscus gets to eat ice cream every day

tell me, how much Ice cream does Magnus get in the eye of terror?

>> No.12423924

>>12423898
Daemon princes are literally pawns of their god with delusions of sapience and free will.

>> No.12423927

>>12423919
All the ice cream he can dream up

Alas, it is all change flavour.

>> No.12423929

>>12423872
What part of "Greater Good" dont you understand?

Ever taken a basic philosophy class? The Tau are utilitarians. Maximizing the happiness and bliss of all sentient life is the reward itself.

And they succeded on all fronts:
Kroot have their homeworld back, Tau have new allies and Orks got one hell of a fight.

>> No.12423940

>>12423929
>What part of "Greater Good" dont you understand?
Poor justification for a woefully misguided campaign for galactic dominance fuelled by a basic misunderstanding of just how tiny they really are. I understand it perfectly.

>> No.12423962

>>12423924

Considering that Liber Chaotica confirms daemonhood can be achieved without any assistance from the gods whatsoever, and the likes of Perturabo who don't give a shit about the gods, it is safe to say you are talking out of your ass.

Being a Daemon Prince is better than being any human being in the Imperium that isn't a High Lord, and even then it is questionable.

>> No.12423975

>>12423929
HAPPINESS IS MANDATORY, CITIZEN

>> No.12423984

>>12423924
Like I said, its still the best possibility.

>> No.12423985

>>12423962
>Liber Chaotica

WHY ARE MY PRAYERS TO SIGMAR GOING UNANSWERED?

oh right because fantasy is not 40K

>> No.12423989
File: 54 KB, 412x453, history.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

High Lords confirmed for dickwads.

Also the indomitable "human spirit" seems to only persist in the Astartes.

>> No.12424009

>>12423989
What does the Black Templar grand fuckup have to do with the high Lords?

>> No.12424011

>>12423985

And this does not invalidate the argument in any way.

You might have a point if Iron Warriors and certain daemon princes with a lack of dedication such as Voldorius and Acerbus get moved to Fantasy.

>> No.12424021

>>12423989
Isn't that because those who become a part of the Astartes are often the exemplary members of the human race?

>> No.12424034

>>12423985
THEY'D GO UNANSWERED ANYWAY

SIGMAR HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES

>> No.12424043

>>12424011
>psst
>they can do nothing but fight for chaos

>> No.12424052

>>12424009

The Templars were the only ones that could keep their wills there, if anyone could be considered a fuckup it's the baseline humans and astropaths with such pathetically weak willpower.

And the Admiral affair is just pure High Lord pettiness.

>> No.12424053

>>12423743
It is, but we don't harvest 'reds' and we don't have 26 other words for 'orange,' one of which is 'blue' depending on the context.
>>12423762
So, tell me, what do they trade, other then munitions, food, and raw supplies, which I already mentioned are government supervised and they will replace you if you start fucking up, to other star systems for solely monetary gain? What is the 'Walmart' of the Imperium?
>>12423962
>Being a Daemon Prince is better than being any human being in the Imperium that isn't a High Lord, and even then it is questionable.
You do end up with a nasty vulnerability to incense, however.

>> No.12424090

>>12424053
>NO TRADE IN THE IMPERIUM
>except this trade but it doesn't count
>WITHIN THIS NARROW DEFINITION OF TRADE THERE IS NO TRADE

>> No.12424091

>>12424043

Correction: they do nothing but fight for Chaos.
They probably have more of a choice in the matter than Imperials. Who might also fight for chaos down to the last conscript because just as planned.

>> No.12424195

>>12423315
The Emperor is completely human. He is the literally the perfect human being. Around like 10,000-8,000 BCE mankind's civilizations were lead around the world by a loose knit organization of seers and psychics that could use the warp for mankind's benefit, but when they discovered that the warp was beginning to grow too dangerous for them to reincarnate (their souls were being devoured by daemons before they could find another infant to inhabit) they decided it was best if they all committed suicide and form the super-entity that was The Emperor.

Being powered of the souls of mankind's greatest psykers made him the most powerful psyker in the entire galaxy and using that power he was virtually immortal. It took the combined strength of the four chaos gods in Horus to nearly smite him, if that means anything to you.

He couldn't spit acid, he didn't have the black carapace, those were all additions into the geneseed and development of Space Marines. The Custodes may or may not have all that spiffy stuff too, but I'm pretty sure the Primarchs didn't since they were just clones of the Emperor.

>> No.12424221

>>12424195
Horus Heresy retcon. The Primarchs are now not even physical beings in the strictest sense. They're made up of warp stuff forged into something physical.

>> No.12424237

>>12424221
>not even physical beings in the strictest sense
Organic beings, rather.

>> No.12424238

>>12424221
>niggawat.jpg

Source?

>> No.12424263

>>12424238

Numerous descriptions of the Primarchs in the HH books. The Emperor might also be "disguising" his true form, as implied in "Legion".

When Fulgrim cut of the head of Ferrus Manus, a visible warp tornado exploded from his body.

>> No.12424266

>>12424195
The bit about "the combined power of four chaos gods" does mean nothing to me when they are trying to smite someone a million light years, in the material universe. I see no reason to think the Chaos Gods can do shit to directly blow people up.

So is it safe to say that the Emperor had no super strength, super resilience, or so forth of his own, and that such powers just came from being a powerful psyker? Then what the fuck does it mean when the grey knights are said to be created from the Emperor's geneseed or whatever?

>> No.12424301

>>12424238
The most blatant example I can think of is Thousand Sons. It's heavily implied that Emps hoodwinked the CHaos Gods into helping him make the Primarchs.

>> No.12424326

>>12424266

That's just a rumour, just like Guilliman's healing in stasis and the battle prowess of the Ultramarines Honour Guard.

The Emperor did not have gene-seed, and could not produce Astartes before creating the Primarchs who provided it. Therefore it is highly unlikely that the GK's have the Emperor's gene-seed.

>> No.12424348

>>12424090
>WITHIN THIS NARROW DEFINITION OF TRADE THERE IS NO TRADE
>Everything other then food, guns, and ore, and isn't done solely because the government told you to.
>Narrow
Really? That is narrow? Give me a source of an interstellar corporation within the Imperium that ships anything at all that is not a necessity, and thus de facto run by the government, to other star systems within the empire solely to get rich, and I'll coincide and agree that that one point was retarded on my part.

>> No.12424353

>>12424266
Okay. Power of the four chaos Gods. Example time.

The big badass boss Bloodthirster Kha'banda, a Greater Daemon of Khorne who butchered his way through the Blood Angels was later himself killed by Sanguinius with his bare hands. This establishes Sanguinius as not only handsome but dead killy. Dead killy Sanguinius couldn't even HURT god-powered Horus.

>> No.12424390

>>12424348
The trading of food between systems isn't government controlled. This is fact. This is shown by the existence of trade cartels and guilds privately run by medieval-style merchants in spess.

>> No.12424394

>>12424353

The Sanguinor duplicated the feat, and is not that impressive.

A Volcano Cannon blast could probably kill a Primarch, and Dorn died to some Chaos dudes in a boarding action.

Not to mention Emperor who almost was strangled by a warboss (no size estimate given, no reason to presume titan-sized or Emperor would have been stomped). And who couldn't repel the daemons from his webway when Magnus let them in.

>> No.12424421

>>12424394
>couldn't repel the daemons
He still managed to kick Horus so hard in the dick his soul exploded and the Chaos Gods ran crying like scared bitches.

>> No.12424435

>>12424353
Oh, I fully believe that the Chaos Gods can empower their own dudes, but the implication was that fighting a guy imbued by the power of the four chaos gods is the same thing as fighting said chaos gods themselves, or the implication that they're "directly" smiting their enemies through Horus.

I mean... Khorne is so huge, that bloodthirsters come up only to his knees, right? Or is to his toes? If the Emperor could directly defeat Chaos Gods, he'd have headed over there and done so by now.

I suppose the "Primarchs are warp entities" thing explains how a Primarch could beat a greater daemon -- its not particularly unlikely to expect a top tier Deathwatch or DH: Ascension character to be able to kill a greater daemon with their bare hands either.

It does strike me a bit as delving into Bleach territory, though, the idea of Sanguinus being unable to hurt Horus and Horus being unable to hurt the Emperor. At least tell me the "unable to hurt Horus" thing was based off of him expertly deflecting attacks, dodging them, or turning them aside with psychic might, and not Horus being unphased by Sanguinius jamming a force sword directly into his eyeball.

>> No.12424455

>>12424421

So:

A. Chaos Gods are smalltime, daemons in webway strong
B. He didn't scare the gods, they only gave a fraction of their power to Horus
C. He was just playing with the daemons of the webway, got bored and let them have it forever
D. Bad and inconsistent storytelling is bad.

>> No.12424459

>>12424348
Rogue Traders?

>> No.12424471

>>12424435

> Horus being unable to hurt the Emperor
That's not how it is at all, man. He absolutely mutilated Emps, it's just being essentially Mankind's own warp god, he was still capable of dishing out horrendous amounts of pain. As for the Sanguinius/Horus fight, we know nothing about it, only that Horus came out unhurt except for (possibly) a dent in his armour.

>> No.12424482

>>12424455
E: Chaos Gods massively overinvested in a single mortal form, daemons in webway literally infinite in number.

>> No.12424483

>>12424471
See:
>>12423444

That's my theorem.

>> No.12424507

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau

Also, 'the hell happen to this thread?

>> No.12424516

>>12424455

A is the best answer.

Daemons don't need no stinkin' gods and emperors to be strong, through the power of Daemon Cooperatives and unyielding will of the People of Immaterium they are stronger than their bourgeoise foemen could ever hope to be!

>> No.12424521

>>12424483
It's also a stupid theory a complete idiot would think up.

>> No.12424563

>>12424455
D
over the course of time fans have thought of those inconsistencies as in-universe missinformation and propagand within the Empirium, IE: propaganda telling the Primarchs were REALLY badass and godlike, missinformation about what really happened during the Heresy due to whatever factors (unreliable witnesses, concealing information, missing records)
Maybe the Emperor had a rought time fighting a horde of daemon whereas fighting a single opponent, even if it was Horus, was more manageable, maybe Emps did not wanted to break his warpgate. Also, it has been a while since GW has mentioned anything about the size of the Chaos Gods, they have become shapeless entities that may project themselves through terrifying avatars, but still no avatar is really the "body" of a Chaos God, they are shapeless farts in the Warp.
They did the same to the C'than by making the miniatures a Necron Lord with a fancy body, moving the C'than to a higher level.

>> No.12424571

>>12424482

Interesting that people in this thread are getting shit done and doing the impossible by making 40k fluff seem logical...

>> No.12424575

>>12424516

D is true though.

Besides, Emperor's power in the current canon is yet to be revealed. We know he couldn't get rid of the anarcho-syndicalist Daemon commune in his webway, but we don't know if the Gods will give a damn about his duel with Horus.

>> No.12424594

>>12424571

>40k
>logical

Not even close.

>> No.12424598

>Also, it has been a while since GW has mentioned anything about the size of the Chaos Gods

4e chaos daemons codex isn't recent enough?

>> No.12424630

>>12424598

Nope. Its writer is no longer doing codices, and part of the codex's fluff has undergone retcons already. Rod of Torment is not daemon-forged but from Urien etc.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action